PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bullitt out = DaJuan Morgan the top Safety for Colts

dallaschiefsfan
10-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Seems like the senior safety for the Colts is now the Chiefs' castoff. Would be nice to have a strong-armed and accurate QB about now...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/29094/losing-melvin-bullitt-could-break-colts

Bugeater
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
578 posts, and hasn't learned to look at the front page before he starts a thread.

philfree
10-05-2010, 09:38 AM
578 posts, and hasn't learned to look at the front page before he starts a thread.

The other thread didn't mention Morgan as the starter though so this is not really the same thing over again. Let's hope Morgan proves us right in letting him go.

PhilFree:arrow:

dallaschiefsfan
10-05-2010, 09:43 AM
The other thread didn't mention Morgan as the starter though so this is not really the same thing over again. Let's hope Morgan proves us right in letting him go.

THIS. I was posting the info mainly for the Morgan aspect...so chill out.

dallaschiefsfan
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
BTW...the chill was directed at BUGEATER...not PhilFree...

grandllama
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM

As of right now (11:46 PM EST) the Colt's organization has not announced the starter. Actually, the Colt's as an organization have been extremely quiet this week.

dallaschiefsfan
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
As of right now (11:46 PM EST) the Colt's organization has not announced the starter. Actually, the Colt's as an organization have been extremely quiet this week.

Unless they grab someone off the street, it's hardly a mystery, though...Morgan will be on the field Sunday for the start of the game.

Hydrae
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM

Because they know there is a chance they could drop below .500 for the first time in a long while.

tyton75
10-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I never thought Morgan was THAT bad

Chiefshrink
10-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Well then Haley should be in Weis's ear on how to playcall against Morgan.:thumb:

FAX
10-05-2010, 09:57 AM
I noticed that, in his press conference yesterday, Haley appeared extremely relaxed and confident.

He wasn't talking up all the potential horrors of the "obstacle" and the "challenge" facing the team as much as he did prior to the 69rs contest. Of course, the presser was more of an update on the bye week activity as opposed to a conference specifically about the upcoming game. Still, he looks like a poker player holding a straight flush, to me.

Have faith, Chiefs fans.

FAX

dallaschiefsfan
10-05-2010, 09:58 AM
But in the stupid cover 2, your safeties can't just be "not bad"...they have to be very good. Unless I missed it, I think they kept the Cover 2, even when Dungy left, right?

Mr. Laz
10-05-2010, 09:58 AM
I never thought Morgan was THAT bad
Did he make a single play as a chief? He was so "good" that the chiefs moved 2 cornerbacks to safety because they didn't want him on the field.

what examples do you have that he is any good at all?

Chiefshrink
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Because they know there is a chance they could drop below .500 for the first time in a long while.

Precisely and trust me they really don't want to be playing a team like us on the rise that nobody expects anything from and especially at home:thumb:

ModSocks
10-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Did he make a single play as a chief? He was so "good" that the chiefs moved 2 cornerbacks to safety because they didn't want him on the field.

this. Morgan was terrible. Bet your ass the Chiefs WILL attack him.

Rain Man
10-05-2010, 10:08 AM

We can point to about 500 posts when he was drafted that cited him as a great talent. Does that count?

FAX
10-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Okay ... I have a question ...

If you are Weis, how would you go about "attacking" a safety? They play a base cover 2, don't they?

FAX

ModSocks
10-05-2010, 10:14 AM

If you are Weis, how would you go about "attacking" a safety? They play a base cover 2, don't they?

FAX

You can start by throwing into the zone in the middle of the field with your TE, crossing patterns, etc.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2010, 10:15 AM

FAX
misdirection

If you can move the safety through misdirection you really have a chance for some big plays. If we can run the ball the safeties will start jumping up and it opens up the passing lanes. Moeaki could be huge if our running game gets going.

FAX
10-05-2010, 10:19 AM
They mix it up in the defensive backfield. Zone, man coverage, quite a bit of 2-deep zone stuff I think.

One criticism of our WRs is the problem of "separation", so they probably think they can play man on Bowe and Chambers. They'll drop the backers (which is good for us) into zone from time to time ... or try to cover the TE with a backer.

Maybe we can get McCluster or Charles the ball over the middle ... that would be nice. If we can get one or both of those guys isolated against a backer or a slower safety, it would be great.

The problem will revolve around their nickle package ... can they get pressure on Mark Castle in the nickle or dime? Or, would that benefit the run game?

FAX

dallaschiefsfan
10-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Moeaki could be huge if our running game gets going.

THIS. I fully expect them to exploit this aspect...our 3rd round pick has as good a chance to have a big game as anyone based on personnel.

beach tribe
10-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Yeah, I was dead wrong about the guy. I watched him play a few college games, and thought he would be a player. Mecca, and I were both waay off.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Mecca, and I were both waay off.
repost

ROFL

LOCOChief
10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Wow the outlook for this game feels a little different than it did when the schedule came out.

Sully
10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Well then Haley should be in Weis's ear on how to playcall against Morgan.:thumb:

Yeah. That's the knock on Weis.
He needs other people to coerce him into taking advantage of bad matchups.

Mr. Kotter
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Nice. Heh.

Sully
10-05-2010, 11:12 AM

FAX

B and C-gap runs. Morgan takes terrible angles to the ball.
Lots of screens.
Motion, for confusion and to try and get Morgan 1on1 with guys to make plays.
Post and deep slant patterns.
Hitches.

Basically our weekly gameplan.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2010, 12:06 PM
i would think that we should see Charles and/or DMC abuse Morgan at least a half dozen times or so if he starts.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm just glad the Colts were able to get something out of the Jared Allen deal.

Red Dawg
10-05-2010, 01:22 PM

Attack him with who? I hope Moeki because Bowe and Chambers will make him look good.

Red Dawg
10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
i would think that we should see Charles and/or DMC abuse Morgan at least a half dozen times or so if he starts.

That will be the plan for every game. Run the ball 30 times with our 2 bad asses.

ModSocks
10-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Attack him with who? I hope Moeki because Bowe and Chambers will make him look good.

Even the most negative of Chiefs fans know that's a stupid comment.

RINGLEADER
10-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Personally, I hope we run Jamaal Charles 25 times in a row to open the game. Haley could even hold a press conference announcing this fact and we'd still score on every possession. It's nice to know that Cassel should be able to move the ball through the air but there is absolutely no reason why KC shouldn't be able to run it up and down the field all day. The Colts are horrendous in run defense.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I feel better about this game as each day passes.

RINGLEADER
10-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Me too. I'm less concerned about the Chiefs on offense then I am how they defend Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark. And that's not really a concern, more of a curiosity.

FAX
10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Interestingly, Headless Jesus passed for something like 450 yards against the Texans and the Mannings still lost. And, although they had about a million first downs via the pass, the Mannings were something like 4 for 12 on third down conversions. TOP was about even, I think.

The Texans demonstrated how to beat the Mannings. You run the ball, you don't turn it over, you don't commit penalties, and you play the entire 60 minutes with tough, in-your-face, physical, ass-kicking intensity ... and you give even more on third down.

FAX

Hammock Parties
10-05-2010, 01:35 PM

We are the more complete football team.

We're better in the running game, on the offensive line, on defense, on special teams, on the sidelines, in the coaching booth...we're nastier, more physical, more aggressive.

We're going to be more well prepared and we have the element of surprise on our side.

The Colts have a better quarterback.

That's it.

We win this game if A) we win the turnover battle and B) Manning doesn't play the best game he's played all year.

Because that's what it will take to beat us.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Me too. I'm less concerned about the Chiefs on offense then I am how they defend Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark. And that's not really a concern, more of a curiosity.

Is Garcon gonna be back?

dallaschiefsfan
10-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Is Garcon gonna be back?

Highly doubtful...

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2010, 01:39 PM

We're better in the running game, on the offensive line, on defense, on special teams, on the sidelines, in the coaching booth...we're nastier, more physical, more aggressive.

We're going to be more well prepared and we have the element of surprise on our side.

That's it.

We win this game if A) we win the turnover battle and B) Manning doesn't play the best game he's played all year.

I'm going to say the same thing I said about the 49ers the week of that game. We are not going to come out and look like we did in our MNF home opener, or even like we did last week against the 9ers. We're going to look more like we did in Cleveland, and it's going to have to improve if we want to steal this game. There is no doubt our team is way better with the 12th man on their side. I don't see us winning this game, but unlike a month ago, I believe we can. It's going to take some luck, a whole lot of momo, and staying disciplined in the secondary. We should be able to sodomize their run defense. EXECUTIVE OF THE FUCKING DECADE, BITCH!

Chiefs Pantalones
10-05-2010, 01:40 PM

That's it.

Exactly. Everyone points to the talent stepping up as to why we are 3-0, but after the first three games of the season I give the gameball to the coaching staff. We haven't had a coaching staff this good in a long, long time.

beach tribe
10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
repost

ROFL

Not trying to poke, but has Mecca been right about anything in the last two seasons. Hell, he can't even say that he was right about Cromartie anymore, even though Cromartie was picked before hali.

I still remember him saying that the Bills would be an 11-5 team last year, and a playoff contender for years to come.lol

Hammock Parties
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
EXECUTIVE OF THE FUCKING DECADE, BITCH!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4C1UbAhXic?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4C1UbAhXic?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2010, 02:04 PM
ROFL Type "Scott Pioli is" on youtube, and that's already number 7. You must have some youtube clout.

michaelj_58
10-05-2010, 02:22 PM
i wonder if morgan is going to cover moeicki on certain plays?

Valiant
10-05-2010, 03:14 PM
They mix it up in the defensive backfield. Zone, man coverage, quite a bit of 2-deep zone stuff I think.

One criticism of our WRs is the problem of "separation", so they probably think they can play man on Bowe and Chambers. They'll drop the backers (which is good for us) into zone from time to time ... or try to cover the TE with a backer.

Maybe we can get McCluster or Charles the ball over the middle ... that would be nice. If we can get one or both of those guys isolated against a backer or a slower safety, it would be great.

The problem will revolve around their nickle package ... can they get pressure on Mark Castle in the nickle or dime? Or, would that benefit the run game?

FAXthis is where dec can win us the game. Pound them with jc/tj. Playaction to either dex coming across the middle or moaki attacking the space around the safety. Bowe can hopefully muscle someone out from the ball on the sidelines. Chambers just seems to be catching paychecks this year.

BossChief
10-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Take it from someone that knows Moeaki as well as anyone...he plays his absolute best games against cover 2 in big games. This game is both of those and I expect him to have a very big game.

He will consistently find the soft spot against that zone on third down and will help a lot on Mathis in pass protection when he isn't out on a route.

Mark it down, Moeaki will help open up our running game in this one by making Indy dedicate a better defender to covering him, that will open up the running lanes and once we start running, he will LAY THE FUCKING WOOD!!!

I wouldnt be surprised to see Moeaki win his second ROTW award against Indy.

Rausch
10-05-2010, 04:40 PM
The good news is that no-fucking-body will believe in the Colts if we beat them.

NOBODY...

Basileus777
10-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Not trying to poke, but has Mecca been right about anything in the last two seasons. Hell, he can't even say that he was right about Cromartie anymore, even though Cromartie was picked before hali.

I still remember him saying that the Bills would be an 11-5 team last year, and a playoff contender for years to come.lol

Yeah, I remember that. Mecca jumped on the Trent Edwards bandwagon hard.

MadMax
10-05-2010, 05:25 PM
ROFL Type "Scott Pioli is" on youtube, and that's already number 7. You must have some youtube clout.

Dude that cracks me up and makes me smile, a very good thing. :) How do you all like your place in Nixa? Looks like you live in the country which is cool... I luv ya buddy and here's to a Chiefs upset this Sunday :)

beach tribe
10-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I remember that. Mecca jumped on the Trent Edwards bandwagon hard.

Seriously though has anyone seen Mecca for more than a post here or there since we started winning? I really wonder about him. I honestly do NOT think he is a Chiefs fan. I wish someone would prove me wrong. Someone link me a celebratory post of his. I really want to believe that he gets joy from a Chiefs win. Any "I'm happy to eat crow" posts? Anything? I'm not being sarcastic either. I really do hope he's enjoying this. I know we haven't won a PO game or anything, but we all should be loving what has happened so far. I hope he would not prefer being right, which he has seldom been, over having us win.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Seriously though has anyone seen Mecca for more than a post here or there since we started winning? I really wonder about him. I honestly do NOT think he is a Chiefs fan. I wish someone would prove me wrong. Someone link me a celebratory post of his. I really want to believe that he gets joy from a Chiefs win. Any "I'm happy to eat crow" posts? Anything? I'm not being sarcastic either. I really do hope he's enjoying this. I know we haven't won a PO game or anything, but we all should be loving what has happened so far. I hope he would not prefer being right, which he has seldom been, over having us win.

I don't know about Mecca, but I do know from being on here for almost 10 years that a lot of posters go against the Chiefs just to go against the grain and get attention. Some are still here, some go away after people get tired of them and figure out what they're doing and stop giving them attention.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-05-2010, 06:31 PM
The good news is that no-fucking-body will believe in the Colts if we beat them.

NOBODY...

Now THIS, I like.