PDA

View Full Version : KU Another 4 Star recruit

ArrowheadHawk
10-13-2010, 12:01 PM
http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=9&c=8&toinid=365&cfg=bb&yr=2011

Naadir Tharpe 4 Star PG.

ArrowheadHawk
10-13-2010, 12:02 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTNGCZ9wM_o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTNGCZ9wM_o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Saulbadguy
10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Garbage player.

Brock
10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Garbage player.

:clap:

ArrowheadHawk
10-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Garbage player.

?

ArrowheadHawk
10-13-2010, 12:08 PM
On Tuesday Naadir Tharpe picked up an important scholarship offer. On Wednesday he ran with it and committed to the Big 12 school.

Naadir Tharpe didn’t want to wait any longer.
The Brewster Academy senior point guard, who re-opened his recruitment following the departure of former Providence assistant Pat Skerry to Pittsburgh, has committed to Kansas.

``They’ve had great players in the past and they always win,” Tharpe told FOXSports.com. ``That’s why I wanted to make the decision now.”

The 6-foot, 175-pound Worcester, Mass., native, ranked 94th in the country by Scout.com, took a visit to Minnesota last month and was scheduled to visit Oklahoma this weekend and Kansas the weekend of Oct. 22.

However, Kansas head coach Bill Self, who recently missed out on west coast floor leader Josiah Turner, traveled to Brewster earlier in the week and offered Tharpe a scholarship.

Tharpe didn’t feel the need to visit Lawrence before making the decision, but said he’ll still travel to see KU in about 10 days.

``Nobody in the country has played with more high-level talent over the last few years than Naadir – both with the (New England) Playaz and also at Brewster,” Brewster coach Jason Smith said, ``The most important thing is that he wins and that’s why he wanted to go to Kansas – because of the program’s history.”

Tharpe led Brewster to a 35-5 record last season and swept the NEPSAC Class A title as well as the National Prep Championship.

Jayhawks assistant Joe Dooley had been to Brewster a couple of times over the past month and Kansas has also been the most active school in recruiting Tharpe’s summer teammate, St. Mark’s 7-foot junior Kaleb Tarczewski.

Tharpe’s recruitment had been all over the map of late. Schools such as St. John’s, UNLV and even UCLA had tried to jump in the mix.

Tharpe is considered one of the top uncommitted point guard in the Class of 2011.

``He came in as a talented young scorer, I think he’s ready to run a high-quality team,” said former NBA and college head coach John Carroll, who has coached Tharpe for the last three years with the New England Playaz. ``He’s going to surprise a lot of people. I think he’s one of the top point guards in the country even though some other people don’t.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1011522.html

Bambi
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTNGCZ9wM_o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTNGCZ9wM_o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Cool, based on the video it looks like he's probably about the 165th best player to ever play at Kansas.

At least a 2nd team AA.

vailpass
10-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Already bb season at KU huh?

shitgoose
10-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Hard to believe this is our first 2011 commit. Hopefully this has a domino effect on recruits this week with Late Night being this Friday.

Ben McLemore, Norvell Pelle, and LeBryan Nash would be an unbelievable class. Nash is a longshot but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a verbal from Ben McLemore this weekend

Lzen
10-13-2010, 02:03 PM

Since basketball season overlaps football season, it is possible to follow 2 sports at once. Hell, I even follow the Chiefs at this time of year. 3 teams. Amazing, eh?

Chocolate Hog
10-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Football season is over already? lawlz

Lzen
10-13-2010, 02:08 PM

Nice job, tard.

Since basketball season overlaps football season, it is possible to follow 2 sports at once. Hell, I even follow the Chiefs at this time of year. 3 teams. Amazing, eh?

Reerun_KC
10-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Garbage player.

Your probably right... seriously a 4 star?

for KU it probably is.. But for KSU you would be talking about retiring his jersey already is AFHW....

Pants
10-13-2010, 02:10 PM

No. Everyone knows that all BB recruiting stops while CFB season is in play. lawlz

sedated
10-13-2010, 02:12 PM
hopefully he will develop into a solid contributor by the time he is an upperclassman.

or he could just be filler that Self will run off when he gets a one-and-done in 2012.

sedated
10-13-2010, 02:13 PM

you are a f**king retard.

Chocolate Hog
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Another gayhawk thread successfully trolled. Is The Pac 10 plane gonna fly this kid to Lawrence?

Bambi
10-13-2010, 02:18 PM

Late Night is Friday. Yea it's a big deal.

I'm sorry your school doesn't have the same tradition. It really is fun.

After tomorrow night the KU football season will be half over.

We actually look forward to multiple sports at Kansas.

Reerun_KC
10-13-2010, 02:19 PM

WOW that was some ownage there...

Bambi
10-13-2010, 02:20 PM

I also don't have a problem checking out what I need to regarding the baseball.

I find it kinda sad that your whole life (as shown by some of the fans around here) depends solely on one sport.

lol, kinda strange and desperate imho

Bambi
10-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Let's try this one for Kansas having no football tradition...

Total number of Pro Football Hall of Famers by college:

Nebraska (3)
Kansas (3)
Iowa (3)
Missouri (2)
Kansas State (0)

Goodnight the lights.... lol

the Talking Can
10-13-2010, 02:23 PM
he's a plan B guy because we missed out on turner....

probably a 4 year 8th-9th guy off the bench guy....he's not bad, but not real exciting

we're recruiting Jackson and Paige over him next year already, so if we get them it won't matter anyways

Chocolate Hog
10-13-2010, 02:25 PM

Yea i'm sure the fans leave at halftime during basketball games too.

Bambi
10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
he's a plan B guy because we missed out on turner....

probably a 4 year 8th-9th guy off the bench guy....he's not bad, but not real exciting

we're recruiting Jackson and Paige over him next year already, so if we get them it won't matter anyways

I agree. Although I'm a KU bball fan I don't think this player is on the level of the usual KU prospect that deserves his own thread.

Fritz88
10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Your probably right... seriously a 4 star?

for KU it probably is.. But for KSU you would be talking about retiring his jersey already is AFHW....
ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
10-13-2010, 02:29 PM

Dumbass.

Bambi
10-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Yea i'm sure the fans leave at halftime during basketball games too.

Maybe if your school didn't recruit so many criminals and women beaters you'd have more guys in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Or maybe it's just that Nebraska football has been seriously overrated all these years.

I'm not sure, can you tell me?

the Talking Can
10-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I agree. Although I'm a KU bball fan I don't think this player is on the level of the usual KU prospect that deserves his own thread.

yeah, i don't get too worked up about it

every roster has guys likes this on the end of it...if he can give you 10-15 spot minutes as a junior, great...if he turns out to be a diamond in the rough, great....if he's worse then advertised Self will recruit over him anyways...

the guy is teammates and friends with two big time 2012 recruits, one of which KU is all over: Kaleb Tarczewski, one the top centers...so even if he is just bait for better players, fine by me....

Bambi
10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
yeah, i don't get too worked up about it

every roster has guys likes this on the end of it...if he can give you 10-15 spot minutes as a junior, great...if he turns out to be a diamond in the rough, great....if he's worse then advertised Self will recruit over him anyways...

the guy is teammates and friends with two big time 2012 recruits, one of which KU is all over: Kaleb Tarczewski, one the top centers...so even if he is just bait for better players, fine by me....

Self is ruthless like that.

He's not above "convincing" guys to give up their schollies if a big time guy is coming in.

Either that or they simply won't play.

sedated
10-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Let's try this one for Kansas having no football tradition...

please don't feed the trolls, it only brings them back.

or like they said in 3rd grade, "don't give him the attention he is desperate for"

Lzen
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Dumbass.

Repost!