PDA

View Full Version : MU DT Garrand Johnson a Tiger!

Pitt Gorilla
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Chose MU over Nebraska, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc. Great get for the Tigers.

Sully
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
What's going on with Richardson, btw?

beer bacon
10-13-2010, 01:54 PM
What's going on with Richardson, btw?

Hurt his hand and won't be playing any more JC ball. He should be in Columbia for the winter semester.

Sully
10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Hurt his hand and won't be playing any more JC ball. He should be in Columbia for the winter semester.

Ok.
I was just wondering if we had to re-recruit him. But it sounds like he's still a Tiger.
How'd he play in the jr college ranks? Anyone know?

beer bacon
10-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Ok.
I was just wondering if we had to re-recruit him. But it sounds like he's still a Tiger.
How'd he play in the jr college ranks? Anyone know?

He played well last year. He only played a few games this year before he injured his hand. He is a five star according to Scout and a 6.0 four star (highest possible four star rating) on Rivals.

Saul Good
10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Chose MU over Nebraska, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc. Great get for the Tigers.

Anyone know much else about the guy?

Chocolate Hog
10-13-2010, 03:36 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Gerrand-Johnson-109062

DJ's left nut
10-13-2010, 04:24 PM
That's a huge get.

I was thinking MU may be in a world of hurt in 2011, but I'm actually a little more optimistic about next year than this year.

The DEs are going to be fine when Smith leaves, we've uncovered a lot of depth there. Better still, with Richardson and Johnson arriving next year, that will be a major difference maker. The interior line has been a major problem for our defense the last 2+ years and these 2 guys should be enough meat in the middle to actually allow us to hang with some of the premier running teams we'll face.

Gabbert will probably leave, but Franklin looks ready and even Gabbert's brother is getting some pretty rave reviews around town. Moe will be a year better and some of the young speed WRs we brought in last season (Sasser and Hunt) should be ready to roll.

I'd still like to see 10 wins out of this season's squad, but next year is shaping up better than I thought it would.

kepp
10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
That's a huge get.

I was thinking MU may be in a world of hurt in 2011, but I'm actually a little more optimistic about next year than this year.

The DEs are going to be fine when Smith leaves, we've uncovered a lot of depth there. Better still, with Richardson and Johnson arriving next year, that will be a major difference maker. The interior line has been a major problem for our defense the last 2+ years and these 2 guys should be enough meat in the middle to actually allow us to hang with some of the premier running teams we'll face.

Gabbert will probably leave, but Franklin looks ready and even Gabbert's brother is getting some pretty rave reviews around town. Moe will be a year better and some of the young speed WRs we brought in last season (Sasser and Hunt) should be ready to roll.

I'd still like to see 10 wins out of this season's squad, but next year is shaping up better than I thought it would.

And don't forget Lucas Vincent is redshirting this year...that's even more depth at DT.

OmahaChief
10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Sounds like Pierson out of East St Louis is back on the market and dropped his Mizzou commitment. Kid appears to be a baller.

kepp
10-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Sounds like Pierson out of East St Louis is back on the market and dropped his Mizzou commitment. Kid appears to be a baller.

I read that his HS coach steered him away because he's still upset about Nash's time at MU, but who knows what actually happened.

DJ's left nut
10-13-2010, 04:47 PM
And don't forget Lucas Vincent is redshirting this year...that's even more depth at DT.

Most of the O-line comes back as well, though we'll have to replace almost the entire secondary.

Next season might be a very different year. I could see MU trying to slow the ball down a little bit. They'll have a very experienced O-line and Josey/Lawrence will be a year older. They'll have a solid front 8 but a defensive backfield that could be susceptible to big plays. Franklin's more of a hybrid QB than a pure passer (as is little Gabbert).

It may not be in their best interests to try to throw the ball all over the place and give both sides a bunch of possessions.

Unfortunately, Yost is still a moron. So if we try to take some air out of the football and control the clock a bit, I'm not sure he'll be able to execute it. Man I wish we'd have been able to keep Christensen.

Spott
10-13-2010, 06:01 PM
That's a huge get.

I don't see Gabbert leaving after this season. He hasn't really done that much in the last season and a half to give him any reason to come out early.

Saul Good
10-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't see Gabbert leaving after this season. He hasn't really done that much in the last season and a half to give him any reason to come out early.

I agree. At this point he'd be lucky to be one of the top 5 QBs taken in this year's draft. I think he's back.

Hug it Out Dan
10-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Damn, MU's dline is going to be nasty next year.

If they could get some secondary help, I think they'd be in the mix for a possible Big12 Title next season.

duncan_idaho
10-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Not sure Johnson will play right away, but Richardson will.

Aldon Smith is the only contributor that is a potential loss on the DL... and if he's not projected as a first-round pick, he will be back.

A rotation in the middle of Hamilton (who played great against CU, making Ryan Miller look STUPID multiple times, and is having a big year), Richardson, Resonno and Burge is pretty solid. That's assuming Lucas Vincent doesn't force his way into the action, too.

As Josh Freeman proved, the NFL is more about measureables than performance. Gabbert could be a first-round pick even if he isn't very good for the rest of the season...

Also, with the way Kenji Jackson and Kip Edwards have been playing, I'm not so concerned about the secondary.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I think Aldon Smith comes back after this leg injury. I also think that Gabbert stays through this year as well.

Getting guys like Hunt will be nice next year, but also Marcus Lucas is a big target in the Danario mold. Our WRs should be much improved next year.

I've always looked to 2011 as the year we could make a potential run. If Smith and Gabbert stay around, we have some definitive potential as long as I'm able to murder Yost and DJ can get me off on a technicality.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Also, I'd expect big things from Kony Ealy. Dude has a shitload of talent.

58-4ever
10-13-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm kind of worried about MU this year, let alone next year. I'm glad Pinkel is still the coach. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-13-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm kind of worried about MU this year, let alone next year. I'm glad Pinkel is still the coach. :)

I want to respond with smaque, but I got nothing in this case.

Pitt Gorilla
10-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Replacing Barnes may be the toughest job.

KChiefs1
10-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Also, I'd expect big things from Kony Ealy. Dude has a shitload of talent.

The Tigers future DL should be a monster.

Chocolate Hog
10-13-2010, 11:34 PM
All this talk about next year... Isn't Mizzous D ranked in the top 15 in the nation this year?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-13-2010, 11:42 PM
All this talk about next year... Isn't Mizzous D ranked in the top 15 in the nation this year?

Yeah, but we haven't faced an offense worth a rat fuck yet.

Chocolate Hog
10-14-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm interested to see how ya'll defend T-mart from what I've seen you don't got a LB that can spy like Spoon.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm interested to see how ya'll defend T-mart from what I've seen you don't got a LB that can spy like Spoon.Yeah, Gooden isn't a freak of nature.

Chocolate Hog
10-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah, Gooden isn't a freak of nature.

I've only seen 2 Mizzou games the linebackers didnt stand out that much Smith looked good and the secondary looked improved.

beer bacon
10-14-2010, 01:31 AM

#3 scoring defense right now. It definitely looks like one of Pinkel's best defenses. The upcoming stretch of games will show us how good they really are. There is some ridiculous stat that Pinkel's Tigers have only won five or so games when they scored less than 30 points. Three of them have been this year.

beer bacon
10-14-2010, 01:45 AM
I've only seen 2 Mizzou games the linebackers didnt stand out that much Smith looked good and the secondary looked improved.

We have a bunch of solid LBs. Lambert and Gachkar are both seniors. Ebner is a junior. Gooden is a sophomore and Andrew Wilson is a RS freshman.

Gooden is a physical freak. He is supposed to be able to run a 4.40 forty, but you know how that type of stuff is exaggerated. He is definitely very fast. This is his first year starting, and although he is tied for second on the team in tackles, he didn't have a standout game until last Saturday. He had something like eight tackles, 2 TFL, a sack, and a pass breakup. He killed three or four CU drives.

Gachkar has been starting at the other OLB spot all year, and he is tied for second in tackles with Gooden. He has been very good against the pass.

Due to injuries and suspensions The MLB spot has been floating between Lambert, Ebner, and even RS F Andrew Wilson. Lambert doesn't make a whole lot of wow plays, but he is solid against the pass and always knows what he is supposed to be doing. Ebner and Wilson are the team's two hardest hitters. Ebner had problems in coverage last year, but I haven't noticed any glaring mistakes when he has been in the game.

eazyb81
10-14-2010, 07:46 AM
I love what I've seen from Steckel and the defense this year. It is obvious they spent the offseason looking at what was not working and made adjustments. Of course we haven't played many legit teams yet, so let's see how we look after the next four games.

Yost and the offense is driving me crazy. Gabbert has regressed IMO and the gameplan is not utilizing his strengths. The incessant use of bubble screens makes me want to pull my hair out. Gabbert has a bazooka for an arm and our offensive line should be able to protect him - we need to use him effectively. I wish we'd throw in a few pro-style sets a game instead of shotgun, five wide constantly, but I don't think Yost is capable of altering his gameplan.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I've always looked to 2011 as the year we could make a potential run. If Smith and Gabbert stay around, we have some definitive potential as long as I'm able to murder Yost and DJ can get me off on a technicality.

Move to Columbia first and make sure to off him in town.

That way you'll have a Boone County jury. No way they'll convict - justifiable homicide...

DJ's left nut
10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
As for Martinez - we need Gooden to route him inside to Ebner. If Ebner's able to square him up a couple of times, Taylor isn't going to be so quick to leave that cozy little pocket so soon.

I'd watch what MSU just did to Denard Robinson and do that to Martinez.

But this week against A&M is no small task, lets worry about that first. If they don't go +2 in the turnover margin, I don't see them winning it.

Frazod
10-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Any word on how bad Gabbert is hurt?

Also, a question for the Columbia locals - I assume that the people on this BB aren't the only ones who hate Yost's offense. Has there been any talk of changing things before we play Nebraska and Oklahoma?

Saul Good
10-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Any word on how bad Gabbert is hurt?

Also, a question for the Columbia locals - I assume that the people on this BB aren't the only ones who hate Yost's offense. Has there been any talk of changing things before we play Nebraska and Oklahoma?
I'd like to think that we have just been playing it close to the vest in anticipation of this stretch, but I'm not convinced that this is the case.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Columbia has a small sports radio station in town that covers all forms of Mizzou sports and runs ESPN content outside of that.

They have a show that runs daily from 4-6 that is actually pretty entertaining at times.

Many of the callers seem to be upset about the use of our offense and all of my friends in town hate our O and have for years.

Coach
10-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Columbia has a small sports radio station in town that covers all forms of Mizzou sports and runs ESPN content outside of that.

They have a show that runs daily from 4-6 that is actually pretty entertaining at times.

Many of the callers seem to be upset about the use of our offense and all of my friends in town hate our O and have for years.

Would they want Christian (sp) back if they had a choice?
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Would they want Christian (sp) back if they had a choice?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think so.

In all honesty, I think a lot of people are overrating Christiansen on here. Our running game was better with him, and used far fewer jet/rocket/bullshit sweeps, but the passing game was still overloaded with bubble screens.

The only difference is that Daniel was throwing to Rucker, Coffman, Maclin, Franklin, and Alexander while handing off to Tony Temple.

Aside from Moe and Egnew, Gabbert has a shitload of fuck.