PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Chiefs get EA's attention.

Wallcrawler
10-13-2010, 12:40 PM
So I hadnt played my Madden 11 for a while, and when I turned it on and updated my roster I found myself doing a lot better with the stock Chiefs team than I normally was. Also, I found guys playing in areas they werent playing before.

I did some checking and the Chiefs 3-0 start must have gotten someone's attention at EA.

Their overall team rating went from 71 up to 78.

Notable player changes

Eric Berry moved from FS to SS, and got his tackling increased by 10 points from 52 to 62. Combined with hit power of 91, the guy is a force in the run defense. His overall rating went up 1 point from 84 to 85.

Tony Moeaki's sick one hander in the back of the endzone was pretty much enough to overhaul most of his big stats. His overall rating went from 69 to 74. Catching from 79 to 82, and Spectacular Catch up an amazing 21 points from 66 to 87. Increased his route running by 8, from 64 to 72 and gave him a nice 6 point boost to his injury rating, from 66 to 72.

Jovan Belcher wasnt even playable before. Only rated 65 and was not the hitter we all know he is. His overall boosts from 65 up to 76, speed up 3 points from 83 to 86, tackling up 7 points from 76 to 83, and Hit power up a huge 20 points from 68, to 88. He's really fun to play run D with now. Big hitter.

Tamba Hali went from 80 to 84, with boosts tackling 85-88, hit power 82-83, Power move 93-95, block shedding 86-90, pursuit 87-89. and play recognition 82-86.

Derrick Johnson also received a pretty big overhaul. Overall rating up 6 points. 76-82. Accelleration 85-87, awareness 81-84, tackling 82-86, block shedding 75-80, pursuit up huge from 86-95. Hes pretty much a tackling machine. Averages about 7-8 a game in a base 3-4 cover 3 scheme.

Brandon Flowers took a big step in the ratings, from 85-89. Speed 86-87, awareness 79-82, tackling 59-62, play recognition 85-88, man coverage from 87-92, zone coverage 88-90. Go into matchups and put him on the other team's best guy. He will lock his ass down. 3 picks in 2 games with the new rating.

Brandon Carr went from 72-75, notable changes were play recognition up from 69 to 75, man coverage 80-81, and zone coverage 77-79.

Javier Arenas went up from 71-74, the most notable increase being 3 points of speed from 83-86.

Matt Cassel was previously unusable for me. I was playing Croyle. Cassel had the worst deep ball in the game at 58. Deservedly, but combined with his only 85 throw power, I think they figured out that this mix was just broken.

Cassel goes from 78-79 in rating, Short Accuracy drops from 93-90, Medium accuracy improves from 73-77, and they threw him a bone on the deep ball of 6 points, improving from 58-64.

At least now with good protection, planted or stepping up into the throw, deep passes can be completed.

Overall, this Chiefs team is WAY more fun to use and a better reflection of its real life counterpart. Hali is a beast off the edge with that 95 power rush rating, DJ relentlessly chases down ballcarriers, Flowers is a shutdown corner, Berry is beast in run support with the tackling boost, Moeaki can make some big catches, and Jovan Belcher can lay the wood to opposing ballcarriers.

Its pretty cool they made such big changes based on only the first few games.

Anyway, download your updated roster and kick some ass with the revamped Chiefs in Madden!!

penguinz
10-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow. See sunlight much?

vailpass
10-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Wow. See sunlight much?

ROFL

Another full grown man engaged to his video game machine.

KCrockaholic
10-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Yes, it's called a roster update. It happens every week.

keg in kc
10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
EA stock went way down on Tuesday.

Concidence?

Dayze
10-13-2010, 01:07 PM
*note to self * Need to check the Madden 2011 thread to see if it sucks or not.

Fish
10-13-2010, 01:11 PM
This is the best news since beer was announced.

Mecca
10-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Tamba Hali could be a 90 overall on there, but if they keep him in the mid 70s for speed rating, he's a liability, it's just how that game works.

WebGem
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Wow. See sunlight much?

ROFL

ElGringo
10-13-2010, 01:36 PM
This is why I pretty much gave up on video games overall, don't have the time or energy, now would I really care.

suds79
10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
I passed on Madden this year. Simply too much of the same to justify picking it up annually IMO.

Having said that, I heard the Chiefs were pretty horrible to start out with. Good to see them getting some love.

DonTellMeShowMe
10-13-2010, 01:51 PM
holy crap! I just updated my roster and the 49ers are terrrible?! WTF happened!

/Singletary confusion

Deberg_1990
10-13-2010, 01:54 PM
This is why I pretty much gave up on video games overall, don't have the time or energy, now would I really care.

I used to love them....still do, but with a family now, i just dont have the time and energy neccessary to play most of the newer games.

I play games on the Wii with the kids.

Deberg_1990
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
holy crap! I just updated my roster and the 49ers are terrrible?! WTF happened!

/Singletary confusion

So did they downgrade the Vikes and Cowboys?

suds79
10-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I used to love them....still do, but with a family now, i just dont have the time and energy neccessary to play most of the newer games.

Yep. With a baby girl in the house now, my time is maybe 9-10 (when she's sleeping) occasionally during the week.

And very late night on weekends. That's about it.

Fruit Ninja
10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
ROFL

Another full grown man engaged to his video game machine.

And not a god damned thing wrong with playing video games, i am 34 and i play them and i dont give a fuck. Been playing them since 1981. Not a damned reason to stop either. Its fun. Beats sitting on the couch like an old man reading a newspaper.

vailpass
10-13-2010, 03:16 PM
And not a god damned thing wrong with playing video games, i am 34 and i play them and i dont give a ****. Been playing them since 1981. Not a damned reason to stop either. Its fun. Beats sitting on the couch like an old man reading a newspaper.

More power to you. I'd rather be messing with my boat or having a few drinks with the wife/friends or working in my yard or riding the quads/bikes or playing catch with my kids or trying to figure out this damned fly rod I just got (seems hopeless right now) or camping with the family or 10,000 other things than staring at a TV playing a video game.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
they need to raise Mccluster speed

suds79
10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
More power to you. I'd rather be messing with my boat or having a few drinks with the wife/friends or working in my yard or riding the quads/bikes or playing catch with my kids or trying to figure out this damned fly rod I just got (seems hopeless right now) or camping with the family or 10,000 other things than staring at a TV playing a video game.

Good for you. A lot of people who play games like to do some of those things also. Myself included.

You're not a fan we get it. Certainly okay to be in the minority.

Just realize that things are different now. There once was a time where games were largely targeted towards little kids. Now it's a billion dollar industry that employs developers all over the world who make games targeted towards all age ranges.

Based on your 1st comment about a grown man playing games, I'm not 100% you get that.

mcaj22
10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
At the same time you get great boosts from EA if you win games, if you lose (like we did in Indy), the dude (Donny Moore) that does the ratings is the biggest asshole ever.

It's a roller coaster ride in that game. Bumps you a little if your team is winning and drops you a lot if your team loses 1 game.

Changes from week to week/he's never consistent with any players in the game.

Mecca
10-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Camping is about as much fun as slamming your dick in a car door.

Fruit Ninja
10-13-2010, 03:35 PM

Dont have to be so closed minded that thinking just because you play games thats the ONLY thing people that play video games do. I dont play as much as i did when i was younger, but i still like firing it up and playing. I have a nephew that plays football and plays pretty damned good. We play catch we practice his techniques on the Dline. I have alot of nieces and nephews that i take care of at times when the mom and dad want to go out.

siberian khatru
10-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Beats sitting on the couch like an old man reading a newspaper.

I'll have you know that I'm an old man who doesn't sit on the couch reading a newspaper.

I sit in a chair at a desk reading the Internet.

Fruit Ninja
10-13-2010, 03:36 PM

haha, i agree, I dont mind going night fishing at nice every once in a while, it can be fun hanging out with the fellas bullshitting, but staying and sleeping in a fucking tent for 2-3 days isnt all that fucking fun.

Fishing is cool though, i used to fish alot when i was younger.

Fruit Ninja
10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
I'll have you know that I'm an old man who doesn't sit on the couch reading a newspaper.

I sit in a chair at a desk reading the Internet.

lol, well i am 34 i sit on a desk read the internet on one computer screen and play some nba2k11 on the other. Multi task bitches. lol

Fish
10-13-2010, 03:39 PM

Ha ha ha ha.....

Mr. Arrowhead
10-13-2010, 03:45 PM

ROFL

vailpass
10-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Good for you. A lot of people who play games like to do some of those things also. Myself included.

You're not a fan we get it. Certainly okay to be in the minority.

Just realize that things are different now. There once was a time where games were largely targeted towards little kids. Now it's a billion dollar industry that employs developers all over the world who make games targeted towards all age ranges.

Based on your 1st comment about a grown man playing games, I'm not 100% you get that.

I'll play Madden 11 with my son every now and again, or Wii sports with my little boys, or see what they have built in LittleBigPlanet or ModNation. Nothing against video games, just can't imagine them being a significant part of my adult life like it seems a lot of you are describing.
99% of the adults I know are the same way, rather be on the lake on the jet ski than pretend to do it on a TV screen.
To each his own.

vailpass
10-13-2010, 03:52 PM

I don't blame you. If I was a single woman I'd be afraid to camp too.

xztop12
10-13-2010, 11:20 PM
They;re unusable because corner speed is all that matters in that game. and Carr is like 4pts slower than Patrick Willis. Flowers is slow too.

xztop12
10-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Taylor Mays has better agility than Eric Berry... Anquan Bolden has more strength than Trent Cole, ect ect ect

thurman merman
10-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Who gives a shit what you would rather be doing? Why don't you go do some of that stuff instead of wasting time talking about it on a video game thread on the internet?

thurman merman
10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
So I hadnt played my Madden 11 for a while, and when I turned it on and updated my roster I found myself doing a lot better with the stock Chiefs team than I normally was. Also, I found guys playing in areas they werent playing before.

I did some checking and the Chiefs 3-0 start must have gotten someone's attention at EA.

Their overall team rating went from 71 up to 78.

Notable player changes

Eric Berry moved from FS to SS, and got his tackling increased by 10 points from 52 to 62. Combined with hit power of 91, the guy is a force in the run defense. His overall rating went up 1 point from 84 to 85.

Tony Moeaki's sick one hander in the back of the endzone was pretty much enough to overhaul most of his big stats. His overall rating went from 69 to 74. Catching from 79 to 82, and Spectacular Catch up an amazing 21 points from 66 to 87. Increased his route running by 8, from 64 to 72 and gave him a nice 6 point boost to his injury rating, from 66 to 72.

Jovan Belcher wasnt even playable before. Only rated 65 and was not the hitter we all know he is. His overall boosts from 65 up to 76, speed up 3 points from 83 to 86, tackling up 7 points from 76 to 83, and Hit power up a huge 20 points from 68, to 88. He's really fun to play run D with now. Big hitter.

Tamba Hali went from 80 to 84, with boosts tackling 85-88, hit power 82-83, Power move 93-95, block shedding 86-90, pursuit 87-89. and play recognition 82-86.

Derrick Johnson also received a pretty big overhaul. Overall rating up 6 points. 76-82. Accelleration 85-87, awareness 81-84, tackling 82-86, block shedding 75-80, pursuit up huge from 86-95. Hes pretty much a tackling machine. Averages about 7-8 a game in a base 3-4 cover 3 scheme.

Brandon Flowers took a big step in the ratings, from 85-89. Speed 86-87, awareness 79-82, tackling 59-62, play recognition 85-88, man coverage from 87-92, zone coverage 88-90. Go into matchups and put him on the other team's best guy. He will lock his ass down. 3 picks in 2 games with the new rating.

Brandon Carr went from 72-75, notable changes were play recognition up from 69 to 75, man coverage 80-81, and zone coverage 77-79.

Javier Arenas went up from 71-74, the most notable increase being 3 points of speed from 83-86.

Matt Cassel was previously unusable for me. I was playing Croyle. Cassel had the worst deep ball in the game at 58. Deservedly, but combined with his only 85 throw power, I think they figured out that this mix was just broken.

Cassel goes from 78-79 in rating, Short Accuracy drops from 93-90, Medium accuracy improves from 73-77, and they threw him a bone on the deep ball of 6 points, improving from 58-64.

At least now with good protection, planted or stepping up into the throw, deep passes can be completed.

Overall, this Chiefs team is WAY more fun to use and a better reflection of its real life counterpart. Hali is a beast off the edge with that 95 power rush rating, DJ relentlessly chases down ballcarriers, Flowers is a shutdown corner, Berry is beast in run support with the tackling boost, Moeaki can make some big catches, and Jovan Belcher can lay the wood to opposing ballcarriers.

Its pretty cool they made such big changes based on only the first few games.

Anyway, download your updated roster and kick some ass with the revamped Chiefs in Madden!!

That's cool. They are getting better on every roster update. Flowers should be a 99 by now though.

58-4ever
10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I passed on Madden this year. Simply too much of the same to justify picking it up annually IMO.

Having said that, I heard the Chiefs were pretty horrible to start out with. Good to see them getting some love.

You passed on a year that they arguably changed it the most.

BTW, that was a really detailed roster change update as the thread starter. You have a lot of time on your hands...

Iowanian
10-14-2010, 09:10 PM

You just say that because you're homeless if your mother ever shuts off the PB&J train.

Ceej
10-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Or posting frequently (15k???) on a rival team's messageboard.

We get it.

Wallcrawler
10-14-2010, 09:48 PM
BTW, that was a really detailed roster change update as the thread starter. You have a lot of time on your hands...

Took about 5 minutes to scroll through and figure out the notable changes.

Took about 3 minutes to post it.

So no I dont have a lot of free time on my hands, I see the sun quite frequently, and Im not engaged to my 360 because I posted highlights of a roster update.

I figured Id post it because for years playing as KC on Madden, they have been getting the shaft in the ratings. Its kinda nice to actually have a fieldable team now without having to play the game just for fantasy draft. Apparently it wasnt worth posting according to the first few people who replied. Whatever.

And anyone with a problem with a 32 year old who still plays videogames while supporting a wife and three kids should probably just entertain themselves with an age old favorite game of hide and go f*ck yourself. Youre never too old for that one.