PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ill informed moron at foxsports predicts Schaub will light up our secondary

PunkinDrublic
10-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Kansas City at Houston: Through five weeks, no division is as wide open as the AFC South. All four teams — Houston, Indy, Jacksonville, and Tennessee — are tied for first (and last) with 3-2 records. Texans beginning to hit the panic button should relax. They’ll win on Sunday, Matt Schaub will light up that young Kansas City secondary and the Chiefs media bandwagon — packed to the brim with hangers-on just a week ago — will be all but empty by Monday. The Pick: Texans 31, Chiefs 13

This is cut and pasted from Peter Schraegers prediction column from foxsports.com

Pants
10-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Because Manning lit us up and Schaub is even better!

Rooster
10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Because Manning lit us up and Schaub is even better!

No shit, what the hell? The Houston running game worries me more than anything.

Mr. Laz
10-14-2010, 04:28 PM
i don't know about all that but imo the Houston offense is going to be more difficult for us to defend. Texans have a superior running game for balance and a physically dominant wide receiver in Andre Johnson.

we committed to defending the pass big time against the colts. If we do that against the Texans then Arian Foster will hang a 150 on us.

4th and Long
10-14-2010, 04:28 PM
I, ... I, ... I have no words to describe just has uninformed this so-called sports writer is about our secondary.

My God ...

PunkinDrublic
10-14-2010, 04:35 PM
If you look at the column on the site, the header is a picture of Schaub and is captioned KC barbequed. When you see the snotty little comment about the media jumping off our bandwagon, it's obvious this guy has a deep resentment toward KCs recent success. This isn't just some throwaway pick, Schraeger went out of his way to try and diss KC. Fuck him.

KCHawg
10-14-2010, 04:36 PM
. They’ll win on Sunday, Matt Schaub will light up that young Kansas City secondary and the Chiefs media bandwagon — packed to the brim with hangers-on just a week ago — will be all but empty by Monday. The Pick: Texans 31, Chiefs 13

This is cut and pasted from Peter Schraegers prediction column from foxsports.com

Cause the media was all swinging from the Chiefs nutsack.............what a douche!:spock:

CupidStunt
10-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Flowers > Schaub.

B_Ambuehl
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Philip Rivers hung 300+ on that secondary in about 2 quarters of football and their play action game is nothing compared to the Texans. Try dropping 8 into coverage against Houston and see what happens.

Fish
10-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Ehhh... never heard of the guy before now. He's just trying to ruffle feathers and make himself heard.

I don't care about public opinion of my team. All I want is to see an all-out ass kicking on Sunday. That will be retribution enough for any imagined disrespect...

Detoxing
10-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Philip Rivers hung 300+ on that secondary in about 2 quarters of football and their play action game is nothing compared to the Texans. Try dropping 8 into coverage against Houston and see what happens.

Arian Foster is overrated, that WR corps isn't even healthy and that Texans passing game hasn't done shit in two weeks.

blaise
10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
I think Andre Johnson is more slowed than they let on.

bevischief
10-14-2010, 04:42 PM
All I can say is ROFLROFLROFL

PunkinDrublic
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
And I'd like to know what bandwagon is the media jumping on? Anytime a team goes from winning 4 games all year to coming out of the gate 3-0 people are going to take notice. Nobody has pegged the Chiefs as a pick to go to the Super Bowl, but they have acknowledged that we our greatly improved.

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
well the Texans struggle with teams that can consistently get to the passer...

can we do that?

It's up to Tamba...but if we give Schaub time and a comfortable pocket he probably will pick us apart.

bevischief
10-14-2010, 04:51 PM
And the media was just comparing Schaub to Cassle this week...

CupidStunt
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM

:spock:

Rain Man
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
what an ill-informed moron.
Posted via Mobile Device

PunkinDrublic
10-14-2010, 04:58 PM

So what? Crennel put our defense in it's best position to hold Indys offense. More times than not we were able to hold them in the red zone. If our offense holds up it's end of the bargain we punk Indy on the road. Crennel will have a good scheme setup to stop the Texans offense.

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2010, 05:00 PM
last week Indy couldn't stop the run, so we were gonna run all over them!!!

this week Houston can't stop the pass...and I know we're not going to pass all over them...

so theoretically, we matched up FAR better against Indy than we do against Houston...

Here is the key to this game...

OUR PASS RUSH

If we get to Schaub and force turnovers, we win something like 17-13...

If we don't...

We lose...

and it very well may be 31-13

SNR
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
We can't focus on the pass in this game. Arian Foster will make life very difficult if we let him go.

PunkinDrublic
10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
We can't focus on the pass in this game. Arian Foster will make life very difficult if we let him go.

I'm confident Romeo Crennel will put together a game plan that will keep the Texans offense in check enough for the Chiefs to have a shot at winning. It worked against Rivers and Manning who are both better QBs than Schaub.

Hog Farmer
10-14-2010, 05:24 PM
We have a solid Defense at all three levels. I'm not worried. It really is time for Berry to get a TD pic.

tmh
10-14-2010, 06:08 PM
last time i checked the media bandwagon for the chiefs was still in the stable, hell even the locals are just now starting to sniff around the barn

beer bacon
10-14-2010, 06:13 PM

We could get lit up, but the Giants just held Houston to 10 points and less than 200 yards of offense. They aren't unstoppable.

thurman merman
10-14-2010, 08:14 PM

what are you talking about?

ElGringo
10-14-2010, 08:30 PM
I have faith in Crennell and the D, I believe we will gameplan against the pass and allow the "normal" run D to attempt to hold them, will it work, not sure, but I do have faith that even if this isn't it, our D will do the right thing.

MTG#10
10-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Wow. Whoever wrote that is completely ill informed. Not to mention a moron...

CrazyPhuD
10-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Well for the people who actually get paid to make these decisions here's one counter opinion!

Matt Schaub(notes), Hou, QB (Noise Week 6 QB Rank: 14, 82-percent started)
Matchup: vs. KC

Take away his 497-yard, three-touchdown scorgasm Week 2 in Washington, the quarterback with a banker’s face has bankrupted those who invested heavy coin in his services. Schaub’s QB rating against the Giants (53.1) was comparable to Steve-O’s I.Q. With back-to-back sub-200 yard games, his supporters are starting to grow concerned – rightfully so. The Texans’ more balanced philosophy combined with poor pass protection have sapped the signal caller’s statistical contributions. More of the same should be expected versus KC. After holding Peyton Manning(notes) touchdown-less a week ago, the Chiefs travel to H-Town with supreme confidence. In particular, cornerback Brandon Flowers(notes), who will have his hands full defending Andre Johnson(notes), has elevated his game. Look for Romeo Crennel to install a 2-4-5 base defense in an attempt to bewilder another explosive offense. As a result, Schaub may again turn in another Carr-ian performance.

Fearless Forecast: 22-34, 237 passing yards, 1 passing touchdown, 1 interception, 14 fantasy points

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Lames-Owners-shouldn-t-put-five-on-Jahvid-Best?urn=fantasy-276941

Marcellus
10-14-2010, 09:06 PM
NFL Network AFC Playbook 2 of 3 took KC. They said KC's defense was too much for Houston and Houston is beat up.

petegz28
10-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Kansas City's defense has allowed 57 pts in 4 games

Houston's defense has allowed 111 in 5.

Houston is actually ranked 5th against the rush with KC at 6

That being said overall KC is ranked 16th, Houston 31

What's this all mean?? If Cassel can actuall play QB we win easily

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM
The Star should hire this fucknut; he'd fit right in.

petegz28
10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I actually expect to see more blitzing this weak. I am not real familiar with Houston's receiving corp but I think we can run single coverage on their WR's a lot more than we did against Indy.

MTG#10
10-14-2010, 09:29 PM

Our D is only ranked 16? Thats a surprise. Watching them play you would think they would at least be top 10...

Marcellus
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Our D is only ranked 16? Thats a surprise. Watching them play you would think they would at least be top 10...

We are 3rd in points. That helps.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I actually expect to see more blitzing this weak. I am not real familiar with Houston's receiving corp but I think we can run single coverage on their WR's a lot more than we did against Indy.

I don't like weak blitzing.:D

thurman merman
10-14-2010, 10:09 PM

Defensive "rankings" usually have to do with yards, not points.

Oh Snap
10-14-2010, 10:56 PM
i don't know about all that but imo the Houston offense is going to be more difficult for us to defend. Texans have a superior running game for balance and a physically dominant wide receiver in Andre Johnson.

we committed to defending the pass big time against the colts. If we do that against the Texans then Arian Foster will hang a 150 on us.

No one has really shut down Foster yet this year...and I dont see him running for all that much against our D. thus, it will be interesting to see how the texans offense reacts to their non existant running game.

Of course the elephant in the room needs to be the chiefs offense. We must be able to score points. Cassel better damn well light up that piss poor texans secondary...if he doesnt, its time to look at croyle.

blaise
10-14-2010, 11:00 PM

Why bother running against them when you can just pass at will, is how I look at that.

Oh Snap
10-14-2010, 11:01 PM

6th against the run.

3rd in points allowed (more like 1st if you look at the tds our D has actually allowed, not counting the crap TD the 9ers had in mop up time with our second stringers out on the field playing prevent).

24th against the pass...and thats mainly to do with a few random blown coverages from our young safeties that resulted in the opposing WRs walking into the endzone with no defender around for at least 20 yds. So the pass D stats are skewed. (*knock on wood)

T-post Tom
10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
The Chiefs' secondary has shown considerable improvement since the opener against the Dolts. A betting man would take Manning's chances of lighting up our secondary over Schaub any day. Schuab's only hope for a big passing day is intervention from the Transcendors.

http://www.mockpaperscissors.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/balok_puppet.jpg

Oh Snap
10-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Why bother running against them when you can just pass at will, is how I look at that.

They are giving up 3.6 yds per rush (chiefs are 3.2, 3rd best in the NFL)...but theyre giving up 409 total yards! The majority of that being passing yards.

If this isnt cassels time to shine, it will never be.

MTG#10
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Defensive "rankings" usually have to do with yards, not points.

Yeah I know. But the way these guys have been playing Im surprised we're that low even in yards given up.

milkman
10-15-2010, 11:18 AM
They are giving up 3.6 yds per rush (chiefs are 3.2, 3rd best in the NFL)...but theyre giving up 409 total yards! The majority of that being passing yards.

If this isnt cassels time to shine, it will never be.

I expect Cassel to shine like a nightlight in the shitter.

milkman
10-15-2010, 11:25 AM
6th against the run.

3rd in points allowed (more like 1st if you look at the tds our D has actually allowed, not counting the crap TD the 9ers had in mop up time with our second stringers out on the field playing prevent).

24th against the pass...and thats mainly to do with a few random blown coverages from our young safeties that resulted in the opposing WRs walking into the endzone with no defender around for at least 20 yds. So the pass D stats are skewed. (*knock on wood)

The Chiefs pass ranking perfectly illustrates the reason that stats are a useless tool without the perspective of actually watching.

Eric Berry has been been given more responsibility in this defense than any rookie saftey, and as can be expected, he bit hard on a couple of play fake that were directly responsible for huge plays in the passing game.

Against the Colts, he was given the same responsibility that most rookie safeties are given, play center field and keep everything in front, and the result was that Manning wasn't given the opportunity to make the big plays in the passing game that he has in his first 4 games, and was held to his fewest passing yards on the season so far.

As Berry grows and learns in this defense, that ranking will be higher.

BigRichard
10-15-2010, 11:32 AM

So what you are really trying to say is that we are fucked?

beer bacon
10-15-2010, 11:35 AM

16th in yards

3rd in points

7th in yards per play

7th in third down percentage against

6th in total rushing defense

3rd in yards per rush

25th in total passing defense

28th in pass attempts per game

4th in completions against

5th in passing TDs against

10th in yards per passing attempt

24th in time of possession

Our total defense ranking is 16th because our total pass defense is 25th. Our pass defense is actually very good, but teams throw on us a lot. Teams throw on us a lot because one our defense is on the field a lot. Our defense is good on third down and getting off the field, but the offense is not so good at anything, so the defense is often right back out there. We have also had a very good rush defense, so teams are more prone to attempt passes once they figure that out.

Bowser
10-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Doooomed

Detoxing
10-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Getting some love from Rotoworld.

"Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers has allowed just 81 yards on 31 targets this season, good for a ridiculously low 2.6 yards per attempt figure.
Meet the NFL's newest shutdown corner. To put Flowers' numbers in perspective, he's averaging a full yard less per attempt than Darrelle Revis allowed last season. Two writers from the stats-based website Profootballfocus.com have Flowers in the running for NFL MVP through five weeks. He'll travel to Houston Sunday to take on Andre Johnson and the Texans."

milkman
10-15-2010, 11:54 AM
I'd be interested in knowing how Brandon Carr stacks up against Flowers.

I'd be willing to bet that he is in the top 25, and that he and Flowers are the one of the two or three best tandems.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd be interested in knowing how Brandon Carr stacks up against Flowers.

I'd be willing to bet that he is in the top 25, and that he and Flowers are the one of the two or three best tandems.

This.

Ugly Duck
10-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Arian Foster is overrated

They rated Foster by counting up how many yards he's run for & saw that he has more than anyone else.

Marcellus
10-15-2010, 04:01 PM
They rated Foster by counting up how many yards he's run for & saw that he has more than anyone else.

I can tell you Foster is going to flop.

How do I know? I have him as the main RB on my FF team.

B_Ambuehl
10-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Schaub: 25-33 308 2td O Int

Silock
10-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Those are Orton-esque numbers.

I'd say they got lit up.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-18-2010, 06:17 AM
Schaub: 25-33 308 2td O Int

The Pick: Texans 31, Chiefs 13 :rolleyes:

thurman merman
10-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Getting some love from Rotoworld.

"Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers has allowed just 81 yards on 31 targets this season, good for a ridiculously low 2.6 yards per attempt figure.
Meet the NFL's newest shutdown corner. To put Flowers' numbers in perspective, he's averaging a full yard less per attempt than Darrelle Revis allowed last season. Two writers from the stats-based website Profootballfocus.com have Flowers in the running for NFL MVP through five weeks. He'll travel to Houston Sunday to take on Andre Johnson and the Texans."

:clap::clap::clap:

loochy
10-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Sigh...I was thinking of this thread yesterday in the 4th quarter... :(