View Full Version : Chiefs This week's game falls on Cassel's shoulders

petegz28
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Houston and KC match up well...

Houston's defense overal is 31 but 5th agains the rush vs. KC's 16th/6th

Houston's rushing game is 5th vs KC's 3rd

Houston brings the 14th ranked passing game vs. KC's horrible 27th

Houston brings the league's worst pass defense, KC isn't much better at 25

This has the makings of a shootout game. Both teams play the run well forcing the opposing team to throw the ball.

Cassel is simply going to have to look like a QB this week or we lose. I don't see us running all over the 5th ranked rushing D in the league on their field. Especially if we can't get the defense to loosen up.

Cassel could make or break his future with the Chiefs this week.

Baconeater
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Well I have to think that we're fucked if that's the case.

Chiefs Rool
10-14-2010, 08:38 PM
well you can chalk it up as a loss then

SNR
10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
It won't be his fault if he fails this next game. He'll say so in the press conference

petegz28
10-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Well I have to think that we're ****ed if that's the case.

That's pretty much what I said when I was looking at the stats. I know SF is stout against the run and we beat the fuck out of them but we actually had the passing game going that day and it was at home.

We ran all over Indy until they figured out Cassel can't throw and then they shut us down with 9 in the box and Cassel calling plays into the teeth of their defense.

Count Zarth
10-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I've been saying this all week, but our pass defense is light years ahead of the Texans.' There is no worse statistic to judge a pass defense on than total yards allowed.

We're 10th in YPA, 4th in opposing completion percentage, 5th in passing TD allowed and 11th in QB rating (75.9).

The Texans are near the bottom of the league in every category.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Cassel could make or break his future with the Chiefs this week.

well, theres always Barber College....

petegz28
10-14-2010, 08:44 PM
I've been saying this all week, but our pass defense is light years ahead of the Texans.' There is no worse statistic to judge a pass defense on than total yards allowed.

We're 10th in YPA, 4th in opposing completion percentage, 5th in passing TD allowed and 11th in QB rating (75.9).

The Texans are near the bottom of the league in every category.

I agree. That's why I said both teams play the run well thus forcing opponents to pass the ball which can skew the numbers on the passing side. The Texans are actually ranked better than us against the rush. If we can't throw the ball we aren't going to be able to run the ball.

petegz28
10-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Cassel is simply going to have to consistently throw 15-20 yard routes and trust his receivers to catch the ball. He is going to have to be patient and go through his reads. If he can play even average Sunday we win. All we need is just enough out of him to get that 9th man out of the box. And if 8-9 are in the box he needs to be throwing the ball anyway. I like Bowe in a jump ball situation and Moeaki over the middle. It has to be used or we are going to go 3 and out a lot.

SNR
10-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Cassel is simply going to have to consistently throw 15-20 yard routes and trust his receivers to catch the ball.Fat chance. He is going to have to be patient and go through his reads. Fatter chance.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I've been making this point for the last three weeks. This is the game that Cassel should be allowed to open it up.

We shall see how he handles it.

petegz28
10-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I've been making this point for the last three weeks. This is the game that Cassel should be allowed to open it up.

We shall see how he handles it.

Hopefully better than he did in the 4th quarter at Indy

FAX
10-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm okay with it as long as he grades out perfectly.

FAX

BossChief
10-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see him come out and have one of his worst games as a pro.

DeezNutz
10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see him come out and have one of his worst games as a pro.

Sincerely,
Weeks 1-17

Count Zarth
10-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Houston's pass defense is shitty, they have one inconsistent pass rusher, and their coaching staff sucks, too.

He's setup to succeed this week.

If he doesn't do it now, he may never.

Fish
10-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Any fucking Sunday.....

Wallcrawler
10-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Hopefully Moeaki can come up big. The guy seems to be the lone bright spot in the passing game.

BossChief
10-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Houston's pass defense is shitty, they have one inconsistent pass rusher, and their coaching staff sucks, too.

Dude, Cassel sucks.

He sucks against inferior competition.

He sucks against average competition.

He sucks against superior competition.

He sucks when pressured.

He sucks with absolutely no pressure, whatsoever.

We think he has a good week when he passes for 220 yards and 1 score and 1 pick.

"breakout game"

The guy has two things going for him IMO...he is tough (physically, not mentally) and he doesn't throw picks. What sucks is that "the pussy" is gunshy to try and take shots because he doesn't want the "blame" for throwing those picks....good quarterbacks throw picks, its part of "the process" ...you make mistakes and learn from them and get better. Peyton Manning threw a shit ton of picks in his first couple years...HE DOESNT SUCK.

I dont care how bad the Texans are in pass defense...Cassel isn't gonna come out and "all of a sudden" be able to throw an accurate ball to take advantage against it. If we open it up, he will be his usual inaccurate self and they will take advantage of it by jumping routes he stares down.

It just sucks because against this defense, if we had a guy that could do something as "preschool NFL QB" as looking off the safety, pump faking a defender or just tuck and running to pick up a few yards when we need em... we could go for big gainers quite consistently this game. This is something my boy Pollard isnt (and likely never will be) good at that we SHOULD be able to capitalize on.

We wont.

I expect him to give us something like:

210 yards
1 touchdown
2 picks
1 fumble
2-3 dropped passes

I hate this scenario so bad, if we had a halfway legit quarterback...we would have reason to think we could make a serious run THIS YEAR...and in the next 5-6 years because all of our good talent is young and getting much better game to game...with this shitbag, we arent going anywhere.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-14-2010, 10:11 PM
well, theres always Barber College....

The world needs ditch-diggers too, Danny.

go bowe
10-14-2010, 10:41 PM
The world needs ditch-diggers too, Danny.that sad excuse for a qb has gotten enough money out of us that he can buy the damned barber college and buy all the damned ditches too...

maybe we'll get lucky and he'll fall in a ditch and sprain his ankle, giving brokie a chance to show what he can do with all the weapons there are on offense...

go brokie...

"and brokie throws deep to moeaki, then deeper to bowe, then all the way down the field to mccluster who dives into the endzone from the 20"...

touchdown kan-sass sitty!!!

BossChief
10-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Shit, looking at our next couple games...if Cassel has any chance of coming out looking improved, it will be against these teams.

They are basically the absolute worst pass defenses in the entire NFL...

Houston - #32
Jacksonville #29

Knob
10-15-2010, 12:47 AM
2 flea flickers and that should get em about 185 yards for the day.

Pawnmower
10-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Just win, baby.

I wanna see this place go into shock.

Guru
10-15-2010, 02:00 AM
It won't be his fault if he fails this next game. He'll say so in the press conferenceI'm sure he will grade out perfectly.

Slainte
10-15-2010, 02:27 AM
I have to say I've gone to sleep with happier thoughts...

Count Zarth
10-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Cassel is awesome because he sucks, but he knows he sucks.

Matt Cassel is not a good NFL quarterback. His arm is weak, his accuracy is poor, and he takes too many sacks. His most redeemable trait is that he knows he sucks, which sounds funny but actually is really a good trait to have.

Cassel is very conservative. His yards per pass attempt (Y/A) is 6.1, which puts him ahead of only Derek Anderson (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2628/derek-anderson), Sam Bradford (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108591/sam-bradford), and Jimmy Clausen (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108594/jimmy-clausen). He is the master of the check down, the anti-gunslinger. Jamaal Charles (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34464/jamaal-charles), Dexter McCluster (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109122/dexter-mccluster), and Tony Moeaki (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108522/tony-moeaki) (in other words, not the WRs) account for 67% of Cassel’s passing yards.

He is the poor man’s Brad Johnson (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/3154/brad-johnson), a possession quarterback whose high football IQ mitigates below average ability. Cassel won’t carry the team on his shoulders, but he won’t throw games away either.

Shogun
10-15-2010, 05:28 AM
I will NEVER put my faith in Cassel. I wouldn't even let him take my dog on a walk, he would likely get hit by a car and fumble.

Hog Farmer
10-15-2010, 05:49 AM

After this week Houston will have the #1 pass defense.

BigRichard
10-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Just win, baby.

I wanna see this place go into shock.

I really don't care how good Cassel does. He could come out and throw for 400 yards 3 td and 0 int. I will say the same thing, he needs to go. One game just buys him more time unfortunately.

Chiefnj2
10-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Cassel is awesome because he sucks, but he knows he sucks.

Weis and Haley are conservative, not necessarily Cassel. The Gifs of Albert this week prove it.

Christofire
10-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Every week we look for a sign that Cassel is making the jump from hesitant, inaccurate journeyman to trusted, solid QB because we're desperate to have a little confidence in him should we make the playoffs.

But 13 wins, 4,000 yards and 35 TDs will only make it hurt more if he takes a nuclear-waste dump on the field in his first playoff game.

Expect nothing from him. It will be less emotionally taxing in the long run.

Rausch
10-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Every week we look for a sign that Cassel is making the jump from hesitant, inaccurate journeyman to trusted, solid QB because we're desperate to have a little confidence in him should we make the playoffs.

But 13 wins, 4,000 yards and 35 TDs will only make it hurt more if he takes a nuclear-waste dump on the field in his first playoff game.

Expect nothing from him. It will be less emotionally taxing in the long run.

How can it NOT happen?

Is that not the KC QB fate?

Only Montana has avoided that and his mojo is so great he can get away with supporting LA Looks, ghey workout shoes, and still probably get his son drafted even if he never starts for a full season.

But this was JOE.

His sperm is sold as a commodity, valued slightly less than platinum.

DMAC
10-15-2010, 09:25 AM
It is KILLING me that we have an extremely special team here, and this one player has the potential to fuck it allllll up.

Rausch
10-15-2010, 09:31 AM
It is KILLING me that we have an extremely special team here, and this one player has the potential to **** it allllll up.

You're new to this whole "Chiefs fan" thing I'm guessing...

talastan
10-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Hopefully Moeaki can come up big. The guy seems to be the lone bright spot in the passing game.

It is pretty sad to think we are back to a TE being our #1 receiver again. :shake: At least he can catch the ****ing ball!

Pestilence
10-15-2010, 09:34 AM
How can it NOT happen?

Is that not the KC QB fate?

Only Montana has avoided that and his mojo is so great he can get away with supporting LA Looks, ghey workout shoes, and still probably get his son drafted even if he never starts for a full season.

But this was JOE.

His sperm is sold as a commodity, valued slightly less than platinum.

Nate Montana is not getting drafted. That kid is horrible and received NONE of the Montana football talent gene.

DMAC
10-15-2010, 09:34 AM
You're new to this whole "Chiefs fan" thing I'm guessing...Hardly. Im used to one facet of the game screwing us while the other pieces are there. It's rare we have all phases in place.