PDA

View Full Version : Football AFCW Selections: Week 5 All-PFF Team

Ugly Duck
10-15-2010, 10:01 AM
3-4 Outside Linebacker — Tamba Hali, Kansas City: Possibly the best pass-rusher in the league at the moment. Eleven pressures against the Colts — the Chiefs didn’t need to blitz with Hali so dominant.

4-3 Outside Linebacker — Trevor Scott, Oakland: An active day from Scott in which he picked up four quarterback pressures and four defensive stops. Thrived in his first every-down game this year.

Right Tackle — Langston Walker, Oakland: Yes, that Langston Walker. Of the Raiders. Perfect in pass protection and used all his physicality to impose himself as a run-blocker.

Right Guard — Ryan Lilja, Kansas City: Lilja had a point to prove against the Colts and that he did. A near-flawless game on his return to Indianapolis shows he still has it.

Wide Receiver — Malcolm Floyd, San Diego: Eight receptions for 213 yards. Amazing. Floyd doesn’t need to make defenders miss when he can stretch the defense the way he does.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/10/15/the-week-5-all-pff-team/

BFlowers24
10-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey guys, long time reader, first time posting.

On pff they had another article, this one was regarding the Colts and Chiefs matchup.

They make specific mention of Hali and Flowers great performance....as well as Bowe's awful performance.

Since i'm a new poster here I can't share the link, but if someone else wants to check it out... I swear its there!

beer bacon
10-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Interesting, for week 3 Water, Hali, Charles, and Flowers are on there. Week one we had Dorsey and DJ.

Fritz88
10-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey guys, long time reader, first time posting.

On pff they had another article, this one was regarding the Colts and Chiefs matchup.

They make specific mention of Hali and Flowers great performance....as well as Bowe's awful performance.

Since i'm a new poster here I can't share the link, but if someone else wants to check it out... I swear its there!

Touch me.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2010, 10:40 AM
3-4 Outside Linebacker — Tamba Hali, Kansas City: Possibly the best pass-rusher in the league at the moment. Eleven pressures against the Colts — the Chiefs didn’t need to blitz with Hali so dominant.

DRAFTURBATOR ULTIMATE FAIL

GIF'D UP will feature Hali murdering Ryan Diem tonight.

FAX
10-15-2010, 10:43 AM
It's an overused, trite convention, but Hali truly is the kind of player who elevates the play of his teammates. I guarantee that his fell defenders stepped it up in that Mannings game due, in part, to Hali's effort.

Mega prop things to Hali.

FAX

beer bacon
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
It's an overused, trite convention, but Hali truly is the kind of player who elevates the play of his teammates. I guarantee that his fell defenders stepped it up in that Mannings game due, in part, to Hali's effort.

Mega prop things to Hali.

FAX

Fell defenders. I like the sound of that.

beach tribe
10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm so happy to have been wrong about Hali. It is so huge for this young secondary to have a legit pass rusher. I know I've mentioned this already, but watch his hands when you watch him. It's like he's been taking Kung Fu lessons. His hands are elite, and the main reason for a lot of his success.

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
DRAFTURBATOR ULTIMATE FAIL

This is becoming a pretty much dominant theme around these parts.

Dorsey should be traded

Hali will never be a good outside backer/You can't build a defense around him/He sucks in run support

Coaching doesn't make that big of a difference

This list goes on and on from these ass clowns.....

milkman
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Dorsey should be traded

Hali will never be a good outside backer/You can't build a defense around him/He sucks in run support

Uhhh....I don't think any of the "drafturbators" ever said that coaching doesn't make that big a difference.

In fact, almost everyone of them hated Cunther Gunningham and Clancy Pendergast, as well as Herman fucking Edwards, becaus ethey recognized how imprtant coaching is.

I also believe that you will find that there was about an even split among the "draftubators" when it came to thoughts about trading Dorsey, and in fact it was "true fan" that favored the idea far more than "drafturbator".

KCtotheSB
10-15-2010, 12:53 PM

Dorsey should be traded

Ignore button, meet TheGuardian.
Mr. Guardian, the Ignore button.
:D

Seriously, this place is 84.5692% better when certain drafturbator idiots are put on ignore.

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Uhhh....I don't think any of the "drafturbators" ever said that coaching doesn't make that big a difference.

In fact, almost everyone of them hated ****her Gunningham and Clancy Pendergast, as well as Herman ****ing Edwards, becaus ethey recognized how imprtant coaching is.

I also believe that you will find that there was about an even split among the "draftubators" when it came to thoughts about trading Dorsey, and in fact it was "true fan" that favored the idea far more than "drafturbator".

I remember Mecca saying that coaching wouldn't make that big of a difference and that all Pioli was doing was hiring retreads, and had no original ideas of his own.......

milkman
10-15-2010, 12:56 PM
I remember Mecca saying that coaching wouldn't make that big of a difference and that all Pioli was doing was hiring retreads, and had no original ideas of his own.......

Okay, it's cool to make broad generalizations based on the posts of one poster.

Got it.

Dicky McElephant
10-15-2010, 01:00 PM

MMA is for fags.

Broad generalization.

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Okay, it's cool to make broad generalizations based on the posts of one poster.

Got it.

I named one. I'm not going to go back and look at the take of every single drafturbater on it.

Maybe shutting the fuck up with nonsense would be a good start instead of having takes like "coaching doesn't help" "Hali will never be a good outside linebacker"

You know? Shit like that......

milkman
10-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I named one. I'm not going to go back and look at the take of every single drafturbater on it.

Maybe shutting the **** up with nonsense would be a good start instead of having takes like "coaching doesn't help" "Hali will never be a good outside linebacker"

You know? Shit like that......

Maybe you should just stop reading if your vagina gets hurt so easily by reading opinions.

This is a place for us to express opinions.

Some are wrong, some are right.

I remember reading from you how Mark Sanchez will never get it.

How's that looking right now?

BossChief
10-15-2010, 01:10 PM
You're right Guardian, we should just stop talking about football on a internet message board...people should stop offering up opinions based on their specific knowledge.

We should all just quit posting and just read your posts and all be enlightened by them...

give me a fucking break

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Maybe you should just stop reading if your vagina gets hurt so easily by reading opinions.

This is a place for us to express opinions.

Some are wrong, some are right.

I remember reading from you how Mark Sanchez will never get it.

How's that looking right now?

Still pretty good. Two decent games isn't going to change my opinion of that.

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 01:16 PM
You're right Guardian, we should just stop talking about football on a internet message board...people should stop offering up opinions based on their specific knowledge.

We should all just quit posting and just read your posts and all be enlightened by them...

give me a ****ing break

Giving opinion is one thing, saying shit like "coaching doesn't matter" is fucking stupid on a level that shows you have no experience in football nor should be talking about it.

OnTheWarpath58
10-15-2010, 01:17 PM
What a dumbfuck.

BossChief
10-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Giving opinion is one thing, saying shit like "coaching doesn't matter" is fucking stupid on a level that shows you have no experience in football nor should be talking about it.

Then the proper things would be to take that up with the specific person you referenced...mecca...I have banged heads with that guy on many occasions, but that doesnt mean I lump a whole group in with him either. I do remember all the "white horse" references though about Romeo and it would seem that is all it took, Romeo on a white horse coming in and properly utilizing our talent correctly. SOmething a few of us said over and over as it was happening, but oh well...

The thing that sucks about doing that is that a lot of the guys you reference have thousands upon thousands of posts here...when you offer up that many takes, you are bound to be proven wrong on more than just a couple occasions...when you are... and you clown a large portion of the board in your original take... you deserve to have your words forced down your throat.

But damn, your takes are no better than any of those guys takes...or mine. They are all opinions and when it all boils down, that is what we are all here to offer up... hopefully people find the middle ground of all the takes from both sides to find the real truth.

That is the true beauty of this board IMO.

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Then the proper things would be to take that up with the specific person you referenced...mecca...I have banged heads with that guy on many occasions, but that doesnt mean I lump a whole group in with him either. I do remember all the "white horse" references though about Romeo and it would seem that is all it took, Romeo on a white horse coming in and properly utilizing our talent correctly. SOmething a few of us said over and over as it was happening, but oh well...

The thing that sucks about doing that is that a lot of the guys you reference have thousands upon thousands of posts here...when you offer up that many takes, you are bound to be proven wrong on more than just a couple occasions...when you are... and you clown a large portion of the board in your original take... you deserve to have your words forced down your throat.

But damn, your takes are no better than any of those guys takes...or mine. They are all opinions and when it all boils down, that is what we are all here to offer up... hopefully people find the middle ground of all the takes from both sides to find the real truth.

That is the true beauty of this board IMO.

I think someone with real experience in this shit has more merit to their takes than others. Sorry.

milkman
10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Nobody post.

The juco all star is here to tell us what's what!

|Zach|
10-15-2010, 02:24 PM
I think someone with real experience in this shit has more merit to their takes than others. Sorry.

You come off like a total clown. You pretty much try and stifle real conversations because the last time you pulled this "I am smarter than you" stuff you got owned by a whole thread full of people.

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 02:25 PM
You come off like a total clown. You pretty much try and stifle real conversations because the last time you pulled this "I am smarter than you" stuff you got owned by a whole thread full of people.

I did? Where?

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Nobody post.

The juco all star is here to tell us what's what!

Someone get gramps his metamucil he's cranky.

Fish
10-15-2010, 02:27 PM

Dude...

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2672/1519287734.jpg

milkman
10-15-2010, 02:27 PM
If by cranky, you mean I'm laughing at your dumb ass, then yeah, I'm cranky.

But I could really use some metamusil anyway.

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 02:31 PM
If by cranky, you mean I'm laughing at your dumb ass, then yeah, I'm cranky.

"Hali will never be worth a shit at outside linebacker"

Yes I'm the dumbass.

But I could really use some metamusil anyway.

Full of shit?

milkman
10-15-2010, 02:37 PM
"Hali will never be worth a shit at outside linebacker"

Yes I'm the dumbass.

Full of shit?

Find the post where I said he will never be worth a shit.

I had my doubts about how effective he would be, but I never said that.

keg in kc
10-15-2010, 02:37 PM
The real dumbasses are you dumbasses who keep quoting that dumbass's dumbass posts. You're ruining my efforts to ignore. Dumbasses.

keg in kc
10-15-2010, 02:38 PM
I just like saying dumbasses.

|Zach|
10-15-2010, 02:39 PM
I did? Where?

That hilarious MMA thread. The beating you took there was more fun than the fight.

milkman
10-15-2010, 02:40 PM
The real dumbasses are you dumbasses who keep quoting that dumbass's dumbass posts. You're ruining my efforts to ignore. Dumbasses.

You're just riding my coat tails.

Are you a DeetzNuts mult?

|Zach|
10-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I just like saying dumbasses.

http://structuredsettlements.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c520753ef0120a7843a26970b-800wi

|Zach|
10-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Are you a DeetzNuts mult?

ROFL

milkman
10-15-2010, 02:43 PM
http://structuredsettlements.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c520753ef0120a7843a26970b-800wi

How do I resize this?

I think I should use this as my new avatar.

keg in kc
10-15-2010, 02:44 PM

Are you a DeetzNuts mult?Ouch.

I'm not sure which way to go with that. On one hand it makes me want to shoot myself in the head, but on the other hand, it makes me hope your dick rots off, falls to the floor and disintegrates in a powdery puff of old man dust.

milkman
10-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Ouch.

I'm not sure which way to go with that. On one hand it makes me want to shoot myself in the head, but on the other hand, it makes me hope your dick rots off, falls to the floor and disintegrates in a powdery puff of old man dust.

Well, you know, shooting yourself in the head is quicker.

I mean, option two is going to happen, but it'll years and years, when the rest of me is doing the same from 6 feet under.

Oh, no, wait....it won't happen.

I'm planning on cremation.

I suppose you can ask that I do it with an aids fire.

Dicky McElephant
10-15-2010, 02:48 PM
How do I resize this?

There you go.

keg in kc
10-15-2010, 02:49 PM
If I tried to shoot myself in the head, I'd probably miss. I'm the Matt Cassel of suicides.

|Zach|
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
How do I resize this?

Ha. It IS fitting.

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 02:56 PM
That hilarious MMA thread. The beating you took there was more fun than the fight.

I did? Because all I remember was the idiots from this site who just started watching MMA talking about shit they were clueless about, and the guys who have been watching MMA for decades now all agreeing with me.

But my question to you is, how on earth did you do that?

milkman
10-15-2010, 02:56 PM
There you go.

I tried to reset my avatar with this, but it comes up as an invalid file.

Dicky McElephant
10-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I tried to reset my avatar with this, but it comes up as an invalid file.

Works fine for me.

You're saving it as a .jpg file....right?

|Zach|
10-15-2010, 03:00 PM
I did? Because all I remember was the idiots from this site who just started watching MMA talking about shit they were clueless about, and the guys who have been watching MMA for decades now all agreeing with me.

But my question to you is, how on earth did you do that?

We know.

You are a legend in your own mind!

milkman
10-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Works fine for me.

You're saving it as a .jpg file....right?

I'm computer illiterate.

I really don't know what you're asking me here, or how to do what it is I should be doing apparently.

I only know to copy and paste the URL.

I don't know how to go about converting it to a jpg file if that is what I need to be doing.

Dicky McElephant
10-15-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm computer illiterate.

I really don't know what you're asking me here, or how to do what it is I should be doing apparently.

I only know to copy and paste the URL.

I don't know how to go about converting it to a jpg file if that is what I need to be doing.

Alright.....I'll make it easy on you.

http://i53.tinypic.com/adg5xl.jpg

milkman
10-15-2010, 03:14 PM
You have multple random reps coming your way pest.

Brace yourself.

As long as my dumb ass is getting help here, any idea what a "unicode control character" is?

Dicky McElephant
10-15-2010, 03:15 PM
You have multple random reps coming your way pest.

Brace yourself.

As long as my dumb ass is getting help here, any idea what a "unicode control character" is?

I can't help you with that one......sorry man.

Zeke
10-15-2010, 03:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_control_characters

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-15-2010, 04:46 PM
:eek: 11 more pressures. I think he had 10 against the Niners. 21 in 2 games. 9.5 sacks in his last 9 games. He has become an elite pass rusher and has improved immensely against the run.

Color Red
10-15-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm so happy to have been wrong about Hali. It is so huge for this young secondary to have a legit pass rusher. I know I've mentioned this already, but watch his hands when you watch him. It's like he's been taking Kung Fu lessons. His hands are elite, and the main reason for a lot of his success.

Remember when we drafted him? Had the strong recommendation from Larry Johnson's dad, who said Hali had a good motor. (Sounded like what they said about Allen).

Thank to Larry Johnson Sr. You son was, .. well, ...your son, good and bad. But thanks for the good word on Tamba!:clap:

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 06:27 PM
:eek: 11 more pressures. I think he had 10 against the Niners. 21 in 2 games. 9.5 sacks in his last 9 games. He has become an elite pass rusher and has improved immensely against the run.

The 11 pressures are hard to even imagine. That's good for a quarter of a season for a lot of guys or more.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-15-2010, 06:29 PM
The 11 pressures are hard to even imagine. That's good for a quarter of a season for a lot of guys or more.

ROFL Knowmo was braggin about Ayers having like 6 in a couple game span.