PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Don't blame the refs

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Our defense was absolute horrendous shit.

And we don't have a championship quarterback. We have a fucking choke artist.

Coach
10-17-2010, 02:03 PM

And we don't have a championship quarterback. We have a fucking choke artist.

Oh, shut the fuck up. Like you know anything. Predected that the D was well rested, and what happened?

THEY GOT FUCKED IN THE ASS.

That's on you, Junior.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-17-2010, 02:04 PM

And we don't have a championship quarterback. We have a ****ing choke artist.
I don't see how you can possibly blame Cassell for this.

Reaper16
10-17-2010, 02:05 PM
I agree. That bullshit PI call in Flowers was harmful, but if the defense made way too many errors.

This is the defense that many of us expected to see this season. I hope that this was just a one-game setback.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Cassel threw an uncatchable ball with the game on the line. The Chiefs told him to go win it and he blew it.

And he just overthrew a wide open Horne.

DrRyan
10-17-2010, 02:07 PM
If you want to point the finger at one play I would choose the decision of Weis to go play action on third and two instead of continue to pound the ball on the ground and run the clock. But really, it comes down to more than one play.

Guru
10-17-2010, 02:08 PM
the D played like shit but that call on Flowers was so goddamned bogus its not even funny

-King-
10-17-2010, 02:08 PM
FUCK THAT!

THAT WAS ON THE REFS. FUCK THEM.

Reerun_KC
10-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Jesus Gochiefs, went you cant get anymore stupid....

You pull this....

Guru
10-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Still can't believe that when the O finally shows up our D lays a fucking egg.

Gracie Dean
10-17-2010, 02:10 PM
shut the fuck up dumbass

MadMax
If you want to point the finger at one play I would choose the decision of Weis to go play action on third and two instead of continue to pound the ball on the ground and run the clock. But really, it comes down to more than one play.

YEP!!!

Al Bundy
Not only was that not DEF PI, it was Offensive PI, the Texans never should scored.

Marcellus
Umm, the refs played as much a part as the defense. That was a 31 yard pass play they blew the call on . That 41 negative yards in effect at the end of the game.

kstater
Yeah, the D lost this one.

notorious
In today's NFL, one horrendously obvious bad call is the difference between winning and losing. The correct call make that 3rd and 20, not 1st and 10 at the 25.

dj56dt58
Fuck the refs, they fucked us when they called false start when it was clearly offside and they fucked us on a pi call, whenever they commited a fucking penalty we got called or it, dont tell me not to blame the refs, fuck you

rockymtnchief
10-17-2010, 02:11 PM
the D played like shit but that call on Flowers was so goddamned bogus its not even funny

+1

That call was aweful!

Fritz88
Texans offense is great. I expected them to push for it in the second half and they did.

Cassel is fucking shit. Clutch does not exist in his dictionary.

Marcellus
Also the play call on 3rd and 2 was shit. Run JC, get the yards or not. Keep the clock moving.

Guru
10-17-2010, 02:12 PM
**** the refs, they ****ed us when they called false start when it was clearly offside and they ****ed us on a pi call, whenever they commited a ****ing penalty we got called or it, dont tell me not to blame the refs, **** you

that was a false start plain and simple. don't fall for Tasker's dumbassery.

EyePod

No, this goes down on Weis. He should not have called that play on 3rd and 2. Think about it. We run the ball and that takes off another 30 seconds off the clock instead of that shitty incomplete pass.

Stupid stupid stupid. But that wasn't a pass interference call either.

KCinNY
Chiefs choke.

What did yoiu expect?

EyePod
that was a false start plain and simple. don't fall for Tasker's dumbassery.

Yeah, Albert leaned forward a little.

DenverDanChiefsFan
Sure the defense folded - but they were completely fucked on that PI call. Total bullshit - Flowers has a right to be pissed.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Also the play call on 3rd and 2 was shit. Run JC, get the yards or not. Keep the clock moving.

exactly. with 30 seconds less that would have been huge.

Count Zarth
Look, it was a horrible call. I agree.

But we gave up four goddamn touchdowns in the second half. FOUR.

The run defense was shit, the pass defense was shit.

We didn't show up.

One bad call doesn't change that.

And one bad call doesn't change the fact that the highest-paid player on our team had a chance to slash Houston's jugular and he threw an uncatchable ball.

Valiant
Meh.. I picked us to lose even though they were handing the Texans there ass for most of the game..

Peoples fault for the loss..

Weis: 3rd and 2 call
Front 7: get some pressure or make it look like you are being blatantly being held when your being held..
Ref: for the noncalls and the PI call
Cassel: for shitting the bed on the first two passes on the last drive.. The last one where Richardson got beat was not his fault..
DB's: in the second half, cover you men.. shit.

Guru
Sure the defense folded - but they were completely ****ed on that PI call. Total bullshit - Flowers has a right to be pissed.

that is it in a nutshell. That BS PI penalty turned the game on its head.

</post>
I can't remember feeling worse after a loss in a long time. The fact we lead the entire game until the last 30 seconds... FUCK!

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
that was a false start plain and simple. don't fall for Tasker's dumbassery.bullshit - the dude was in the neutral zone and even looked like he made contact before pope moved.

EyePod
**** the refs, they ****ed us when they called false start when it was clearly offside and they ****ed us on a pi call, whenever they commited a ****ing penalty we got called or it, dont tell me not to blame the refs, **** you

It was a false start. Albert leaned, the d came over. plain and simple.

kstater
The defense folded on the last 3 Houston drives, that call, while bad, wasn't the reason they lost the game.

milkman

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Albert twitched on that false start.

That was a good call on that play.

The PI.....not so much.

EyePod
bullshit - the dude was in the neutral zone and even looked like he made contact before pope moved.

Right. Albert moved before the defender came over the line!

Fritz88
Yeah, the D lost this one.

It fucking sucks when their D shits all game long but comes up big when it mattered.

Guru

We didn't show up.

And one bad call doesn't change the fact that the highest-paid player on our team had a chance to slash Houston's jugular and he threw an uncatchable ball.

Yep, Cassel choked when it mattered most.

Shag
10-17-2010, 02:15 PM

Yup. For whatever reason, Weis seems to always put the ball in Cassel's hands on crucual, short-yardage play. Bad call, worse execution.

Mecca
Yea pretty horrendous call, I didn't think they were going to call anything on it since Johnson caught it but he pretty obviously pulled a Irvin and pushed Flowers on by to catch it.

LaChapelle
Worst pass defense in the NFL
an d Weis runs it on 3-2
Oh wait

Kraus
The D outside of Flowers blew chunks in the second half. That's why we lost. The refs just helped out.

TrickyNicky
Was Hali hurt for most of the 4th quarter, or was he out for "motivation?"

Oregon chief
completely on the refs. That PI was BS and the no holding call on Hali on that touchdown run. TOTAL BS!!!

ChiefNHouston
The bad news: Our defense is back to pretender status getting absolutely owned today.

The good news: San Diego keeps losing to joke teams, denver will most likely also go to 2-4 today and we still atop of the afc west at 3-2 with two very winnable games coming up in arrowhead.

Fritz88
10-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I can't remember feeling worse after a loss in a long time. The fact we lead the entire game until the last 30 seconds... ****!

I expected a loss. Happy that our offense can score on the road. But next game will define how we go the rest of the season. Either a melt down or a rebound.

Marcellus

We didn't show up.

One blown call that determines a 41 yard swing does change the outcome of the score,.

Guru
The defense folded on the last 3 Houston drives, that call, while bad, wasn't the reason they lost the game.
The D lost the game but the call made it much harder to defend too. 1st and 10 at the 25 or 3rd and 25 back at their own 40

milkman
Meh.. I picked us to lose even though they were handing the Texans there ass for most of the game..

Peoples fault for the loss..

Weis: 3rd and 2 call
Front 7: get some pressure or make it look like you are being blatantly being held when your being held..
Ref: for the noncalls and the PI call
Cassel: for shitting the bed on the first two passes on the last drive.. The last one where Richardson got beat was not his fault..
DB's: in the second half, cover you men.. shit.

I don't really have a problem with the play call in that situation, but Cassel threw a horrible pass that should have been a first down because Moeaki had great position.

kstater
10-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Oh hey, Mecca appears after the loss.

Smed1065
Oh, shut the fuck up. Like you know anything. Predected that the D was well rested, and what happened?

THEY GOT FUCKED IN THE ASS.

That's on you, Junior.

GoChiefs is like kryptonite.

Nice videos but a jinx. He needs to root for the other team. IMO

mnchiefsguy
Not going to bag on Cassel..the defense gave up four straight TD drives in the second half....the offense put up 31, more than enough to win.

Guru
I expected a loss. Happy that our offense can score on the road. But next game will define how we go the rest of the season. Either a melt down or a rebound.

I expect to be 5-2 in two weeks.

Thig Lyfe
The defense folded.

The refs shit all over us.

Weis decided to pass on 3rd & 2.

Cassel decided to start playing like Cassel when the pressure was on.

Plenty of blame to go around on this one...

Mecca
The Chiefs might wanna look into moving their CB's around, Houston was getting Johnson on Carr repeatedly.

ElGringo
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Okay, Alberts false start was there and real, the pass interference, that cost the game, well, there my have been pass interference, on the offense.

ILikeBigTiddys
This sucked

grandllama
There were many factors that rolled together into this loss, and even though I firmly agree with not blaming the refs, those calls were complete and utter bullshit.

If I was Flowers I wouldn't be playing next week because I would have whoomped that faggot ass looking ref across the head with my helmet... maybe it would help his eyesight.

Mecca

Uh I'm usually here after games unless I'm not at home.

Smed1065

Surprise..

ILikeBigTiddys
Its always the refs fault, duh

Count Zarth
If you idiots think 3rd and 2 was a bad play call, you can just hire Herm Edwards again and start kissing offensive line butts.

Just calling a pass in that situation was a great call, and the play they actually called, with the TE sneaking out the back, was outstanding.

Too bad Moeaki didn't have a rocket up his ass.

Reerun_KC

:facepalm:

More after a loss...

Guru
at least SD lost.

Smed1065
10-17-2010, 02:19 PM

Just not home @ wins-LOL

Did you have to work, those days?

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
10-17-2010, 02:21 PM
It should've never come up. Had Cassel hit Moeaki in the numbers instead of throwing it over his head on 3rd and 2, Houston never gets the ball back. Yes, the D was terrible, but Houston has a lot of playmakers. Cassel has to make the throw with the game on the line, and he fucking failed.

Jerm
The non hold on Hali was just as bad if not worse than the non offensive PI...the ref was staring right at Hali having his jersey ripped off of him.

The non call on Johnson was absolute garbage then...how defensive PI was called I'll never know.

TheGuardian
I don't really have a problem with the play call in that situation, but Cassel threw a horrible pass that should have been a first down because Moeaki had great position.

No. This is false.

He gave up on his route. I watched it several times, he slows down and looks back. He didn't run out the route.

KCrockaholic
Or how about the holding on Hali that wasn't called, that allowed the TD by Ward. Bull Fucking SHIT!

petegz28
10-17-2010, 02:22 PM
First Houston TD: Offensive PI.. not called
Second Houston TD: blatant holding on Hali and Dorsey...no call
Game Winner: Set up by what has to be a worse PI call thant what was on DJ last week, if that can happen, apparently it can

2 weeks in a row the game winner had the refs calling phantom and in this case totally backwards PI calls

kstater
10-17-2010, 02:22 PM

What happened to your USC signage?

KCtotheSB
10-17-2010, 02:23 PM

Matt Cassel should get absolutely no blame for this loss.

Bwana
10-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Flowers did get TOTALLY fucked on that PI call. That was as bogus of a call as I've seen in years.

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I am pissed about the refs but had you told me Cassel would throw for 3 TD's and we would run for 230 or whatever I would have expected a blowout.

Defense gave up too many plays but in the end the Flowers call cost us the game.

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I am pissed about the refs but had you told me Cassel would throw for 3 TD's and we would run for 230 or whatever I would have expected a blowout.

Defense gave up too many plays but in the end the Flowers call cost us the game.

Kraus
10-17-2010, 02:26 PM
The Chiefs might wanna look into moving their CB's around, Houston was getting Johnson on Carr repeatedly.

I said this numerous times in the game thread. I still can't figure out why Crennel didn't have Flowers shadowing AJ all game.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2010, 02:28 PM
If you idiots think 3rd and 2 was a bad play call, you can just hire Herm Edwards again and start kissing offensive line butts.

Just calling a pass in that situation was a great call, and the play they actually called, with the TE sneaking out the back, was outstanding.

Cassel definitely fucked up on that play, but the Texans weren't stopping the run at all. Jones or Charles could have picked up the first easily.

Saccopoo
I don't see how you can possibly blame Cassell for this.

Easy. His overthrow of Moeaki on that critical third down where Moeaki had his man sealed off was the game. He makes that throw, Chiefs win. Unfortunately, he overthrew him by seven yards on a rainbow that gave the tight end zero chance to make a play on the ball.

Cassel has absolutely no touch with his passes (see above and the TD pass to a wide open Vrabel that was behind him and underthrown), has bad pocket presence and doesn't have a good feel for the game around him. (Case in point, where he let the clock run down and cost the team those five yards.)

I have no doubts that the Chiefs will be looking at a QBOTF in the next draft. I can't imagine Haley tolerating this sub-standard level of performance from his quarterback.

Nope, if Cassel hits Moeaki there is no shitty pass interference call, and the Chiefs run out the clock for the win. This loss is definitely on Cassel in my book.

dirk digler
Not going to bag on Cassel..the defense gave up four straight TD drives in the second half....the offense put up 31, more than enough to win.

Yep. And on that 3rd and 2 play it didn't fool anyone Adrian Wilson was all over it

Marcellus
Flowers did get TOTALLY ****ed on that PI call. That was as bogus of a call as I've seen in years.

It was 85' WS worthy.

LaChapelle
10-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Bowe's 3rd down catch should have been overturned IMO

doomy3
It should've never come up. Had Cassel hit Moeaki in the numbers instead of throwing it over his head on 3rd and 2, Houston never gets the ball back. Yes, the D was terrible, but Houston has a lot of playmakers. Cassel has to make the throw with the game on the line, and he ****ing failed.

Sorry, but that's just not true. Moeaki stopped on his route. Cassel was throwing that over his shoulder. If he throws that across field and tries to put it on his numbers, the DB steps under that and takes it the other way.

Frazod
Flowers did get TOTALLY fucked on that PI call. That was as bogus of a call as I've seen in years.

Zackipoo will be along shortly to tell you that you have a victim mentality.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry, but that's just not true. Moeaki stopped on his route. Cassel was throwing that over his shoulder. If he throws that across field and tries to put it on his numbers, the DB steps under that and takes it the other way.

I disagree. Moeaki had position from my perspective.

Bwana
10-17-2010, 02:31 PM
It was 85' WS worthy.

Yeah, no shit. :doh!:

Mecca

For a short inside throw he did have position.

runnercyclist
The better team won today...but it was close. And they aren't that much better than us. The zebras didn't help but at the end of the day I am proud of my Chiefs and we are only going to improve. Well fought boys...build on it!

KCrockaholic
10-17-2010, 02:32 PM
This game is not at all Cassel's fault. He did everything asked of him, and he shined, against a bad pass defense though.

Mecca
What happened to your USC signage?

It hasn't been there forever, going back to like 2 drafts ago.

Molitoth
This loss was on Crennel switching to the prevent defense with too much time on the clock.

Coach
10-17-2010, 02:33 PM

And you're an idiot for thinking passing on a 3rd and 2 was a great playcall. No, you fucking run it, and force the Texans to call the timeout. Another thing I should point out to you is that the Chiefs ran for 200 FUCKING TOTAL RUSHING YARDS against the Texans.

I would have ran it, ran it some more, and fucking run it even fucking more until those fucks can prove it to me that they can stop the fucking running game.

Weis and Romeo blew it hard, combined with the shitty officiating.

KCrockaholic

This. It's fucking stupid to put any blame on him.

Mecca

Well he did make a horrendous pass, but I would probably say it's on Weis for putting the ball in his hand in that spot.

doomy3
For a short inside throw he did have position.

It wasn't a short inside throw. It was a throw across the field after we faked a toss.

Coach
Bowe's 3rd down catch should have been overturned IMO

Negative. It was a clear cut catch.

PRIEST
10-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Easy. His overthrow of Moeaki on that critical third down where Moeaki had his man sealed off was the game. He makes that throw, Chiefs win. Unfortunately, he overthrew him by seven yards on a rainbow that gave the tight end zero chance to make a play on the ball.

Cassel has absolutely no touch with his passes (see above and the TD pass to a wide open Vrabel that was behind him and underthrown), has bad pocket presence and doesn't have a good feel for the game around him. (Case in point, where he let the clock run down and cost the team those five yards.)

I have no doubts that the Chiefs will be looking at a QBOTF in the next draft. I can't imagine Haley tolerating this sub-standard level of performance from his quarterback.

Nope, if Cassel hits Moeaki there is no shitty pass interference call, and the Chiefs run out the clock for the win. This loss is definitely on Cassel in my book.

THIS

notorious
This loss was on Crennel switching to the prevent defense with too much time on the clock.

Bingo.

Crennel has been outstanding for all but 3 quarters this year, but the defense really shit the bed in this game.

EyePod
Worst pass defense in the NFL
an d Weis runs it on 3-2
Oh wait

They played against Manning. Of course they're going to have a bad pass defense.

None of their opponents rushed it at all.

ILikeBigTiddys

Yep, stupid move

Mecca
It wasn't a short inside throw. It was a throw across the field after we faked a toss.

That's why I said it that way I said it, for an over the top throw there was no position, hell the safety was up his back.

EyePod
Yep, stupid move

I hate the prevent defense.

TheGuardian

Nope. Moeaki did not run out the pattern.

GloryDayz
10-17-2010, 02:35 PM
I agree. That bullshit PI call in Flowers was harmful, but if the defense made way too many errors.

This is the defense that many of us expected to see this season. I hope that this was just a one-game setback.

Your choice of words offends me... It was a bad call, but there's not need to drop profanity onto the board..

KCrockaholic
10-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Well he did make a horrendous pass, but I would probably say it's on Weis for putting the ball in his hand in that spot.

I totally agree with that, but like somebody else said, Moeaki didn't finish the route properly either. But this is on Weis, Crennel, and big time, the REFS!

suds79
10-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Did Johnson push off? Yes. He gave Flowers an elbow.

That goes on all the time and is never called. It's only called from what I've seen when the WR extends his arm.

What would I have liked to see? A no call there. So Johnson still made the catch. Just a tough break.

I don't fault this loss on that one play or call.

I fault the loss on the defense's inability to stop any phase of their offense.

Marcellus
Really it was combo of bad defense in the second half, horrible officiating, and bad play calling on that 3rd and 2.

We just played 2 of our toughest games. We should be OK.

milkman
And you're an idiot for thinking passing on a 3rd and 2 was a great playcall. No, you ****ing run it, and force the Texans to call the timeout. Another thing I should point out to you is that the Chiefs ran for 200 ****ING TOTAL RUSHING YARDS against the Texans.

I would have ran it, ran it some more, and ****ing run it even ****ing more until those ****s can prove it to me that they can stop the ****ing running game.

Weis and Romeo blew it hard, combined with the shitty officiating.

How many fourth downs did we attempt because we couldn't convert 3rd and short running the ball in this game?

3?

We actually converted most of our 3rd and shorts on passing plays.

Bwana
Zackipoo will be along shortly to tell you that you have a victim mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I generally don't go around blaming the refs, even with that being said, that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Flowers got bent over and dry boned.

EyePod

Although he did choke on that last play (at least toss it to someone else), he did have a great game otherwise.

Three7s
The defense was awful, but the refs sure didn't help.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 02:37 PM

That goes on all the time and is never called. It's only called from what I've seen when the WR extends his arm.

What would I have liked to see? A no call there. So Johnson still made the catch. Just a tough break.

I was expecting a no call, and he caught the ball so I guess the real debate should be if Johnson should have gotten offensive PI.

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM

You are missing the blatant hold on Hali on the 39 yard TD run to go along with the blatant push off by AJ.

EyePod
How many fourth downs did we attempt because we couldn't convert 3rd and short running the ball in this game?

3?

BUt it's not about that. It's about time usage. The texans wouldn't have run as many slants on that last drive if we had made them use another time out. It would have been quick outs teh whole way down the field. Instead, we don't run the ball, they get an extra 30 seconds, and they don't have to use one of their timeouts. They're sitting pretty with 2 timeouts and don't mind rushing the ball or throwing a slant. really leaves a lot more options for them instead of limiting them.

Marcellus
I was expecting a no call, and he caught the ball so I guess the real debate should be if Johnson should have gotten offensive PI.

TG got called for it all the time.

Useful Idiot
10-17-2010, 02:39 PM

LOL! sure he does. not all of it, but he deserves a decent share. He was terrible late in the game.

EyePod

I agree. I thought flowers was pushing a little too. But then again, they were both pushing all day. Why start calling PI at that moment?

Smed1065

We didn't show up.

But they were rested?

You are the jinx of all jinxes.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
TG got called for it all the time.

That's cause big guys normally don't get the call against tiny CB's.

Coach
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM

3?

And yes, while you are right that we converted most of them on short passing plays, the last play was like a 15 yarder across the field. Not what I really want to see. I would have been OK if it was a slant or a in route. Those have been working all day. Why not call that? Texans have no answer to that.

Draw play would have been good. That was working well for us as well, for the most part.

The point is, we could have forced Houston to call a timeout.

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 02:41 PM
LOL! sure he does. not all of it, but he deserves a decent share. He was terrible late in the game.

On 1 throw? Yea he is the reason. Seriously I can't stand him either anymore but to say Cassel ****ed this game up is retarded. He didn't give up 500 yards.

3TD's no picks no fumbles,no sacks. He did what he needed to do if everyone else did close to the equivalent.

KChiefer
10-17-2010, 02:42 PM
"What's ur Beef?"

Just to fuel the fire. On the last play, Texans were clearly gonna pass rush to the outside. If I recall, nobody stayed in the backfield to block. Stupid IMO.

That's my beef. Though we were LOSER'S in many ways today.

johnny961
10-17-2010, 02:42 PM
This one is squarely on the "D". The last 4 Texan drives Houston made it look easy. We stop any one of these 4 drives and this board is a whole different tone. Yeah the PI call was bullshit but no way a good defense lets the texans score like that on those drives. Period.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 02:43 PM
If you want some blame, bad 3rd and 2 call, letting Andre Johnson spend most of the game matched up with Brandon Carr, those are some pretty serious errors.

milkman
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
BUt it's not about that. It's about time usage. The texans wouldn't have run as many slants on that last drive if we had made them use another time out. It would have been quick outs teh whole way down the field. Instead, we don't run the ball, they get an extra 30 seconds, and they don't have to use one of their timeouts. They're sitting pretty with 2 timeouts and don't mind rushing the ball or throwing a slant. really leaves a lot more options for them instead of limiting them.

I get that, but after ten years of Marty's playing not to lose philosophy, I'm not going to bitch about aggressive playcalling.

johnny961
10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Not enough pressure on Shaub, either.

Bwana
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM

He caught it because he pushed Flowers past the play with the bump. Watch it again. For Flowers to get the flag on that, was horseshit.

Saccopoo
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM

3?

Regardless of how many yards this team racks up on the ground, it's not a line built for drive blocking. Charles, Jones and McCluster had a lot of yards due to their own improvising, not due to superior blocking up front.

Weis calls that 3 & 2 pass play because he knows that they are stacked against the run and it's going to be a tougher challenge to pick up two yards with nine in the box versus a out to a tight end that's been pretty solid in terms of hanging onto the ball so far this season. Cassel made a bad read and subsequent throw. The call was just fine.

bobbything
10-17-2010, 02:50 PM
The catch was made regardless of the PI call.

KCrockaholic
10-17-2010, 02:56 PM
The catch was made regardless of the PI call.

Did you even think about maybe WHY the pass was caught?

bobbything
10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
That was a no call at worst. Are people arguing that it was offensive PI?

Mecca
10-17-2010, 02:58 PM

Then we can get into a debate about how star WR's have been getting away with that shit forever, Irvin made the HOF with that move.

Jerm
10-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Refs just made the correct call in the Dal/Minny game on a similar play...brought back a Dallas TD too.

UGH.

Lzen
10-17-2010, 02:59 PM

No, it's not stupid. I said it in the game thread and I'll say it again here.

Cassel had a good game. Except for a few key plays at the end. His throw to Moeaki at the end was shitty. He made two horrible throws to open receivers on the last drive. He doesn't get a pass just because he had a decent game for 57 mins or so against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 02:59 PM

It essentially was a no call, as Houston declined the penalty, and took the result of the play, which was a catch.

Which makes all this whining about the refs even more embarrassing.

Even more embarrassing than the lack of a pass rush today, or the inability of the offense to grind out the clock and win the game.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 03:01 PM
If you want some blame, bad 3rd and 2 call, letting Andre Johnson spend most of the game matched up with Brandon Carr, those are some pretty serious errors.

I agree. Flowers had a great game minus the 1 play he gave up yardage to Andre on.

Frazod
Refs just made the correct call in the Dal/Minny game on a similar play...brought back a Dallas TD too.

UGH.

Apparently they keep up on their payments.

Lzen

3?

I understand that and coaches go with what has been working. If passing on short had been working all day, then you go with it. But with Cassel late in a close game when a 3rd and 2 represents a win or loss, Cassel folds like a chair.

KCrockaholic
10-17-2010, 03:02 PM
That was a no call at worst. Are people arguing that it was offensive PI?

Johnson shoved Flowers back inside just enough to be able to catch the ball. If Johnson doesn't shove him back, Flowers is right on his hip, and very likely has a pass deflection.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Regardless of how many yards this team racks up on the ground, it's not a line built for drive blocking. Charles, Jones and McCluster had a lot of yards due to their own improvising, not due to superior blocking up front.

Weis calls that 3 & 2 pass play because he knows that they are stacked against the run and it's going to be a tougher challenge to pick up two yards with nine in the box versus a out to a tight end that's been pretty solid in terms of hanging onto the ball so far this season. Cassel made a bad read and subsequent throw. The call was just fine.

It shouldn't have been an option. That gave them 30 seconds extra or they had to waste a timeout. Plus, 3rd and short in those situations are the ones where teams usually bust one because there's no coverage past the line of scrimmage.

Look, i understand the call, but we only needed 2 yards, not 10 or 15 or wherever he threw it to.

KCrockaholic
10-17-2010, 03:03 PM
No, it's not stupid. I said it in the game thread and I'll say it again here.

Cassel had a good game. Except for a few key plays at the end. His throw to Moeaki at the end was shitty. He made two horrible throws to open receivers on the last drive. He doesn't get a pass just because he had a decent game for 57 mins or so against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

The decision to even pass the ball on 3rd and 2 was dumb. Just as dumb as throwing on 2nd down also. Yeah that was caught, but it was still a stupid decision. A big part of this game is on Weis. The only parts go to Crennel, and the shit of the refs.

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 03:04 PM

UGH.

Yup. All the people saying that call is never made should watch the 2 plays and tell me difference besides the end result.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Johnson shoved Flowers back inside just enough to be able to catch the ball. If Johnson doesn't shove him back, Flowers is right on his hip, and very likely has a pass deflection.

Flowers pushed him right before he got elbowed. I just figured it was a no call like every other play between the two. They were both very physical all day. Both were pushing and using hands to get advantage. That play was no different except for the ref calling PI.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Shoved?

Seriously, take off the homer goggles.

Both were handfighting down the field. There shouldn't have been a flag thrown at all - and the result of the play would have been the same.

The loss was embarrassing enough without some of you ignoring the real reasons we lost this game and blaming the officials.

bobbything
10-17-2010, 03:06 PM

That's a no call all the time. That play, in the grand scheme, is less important that a complete defensive breakdown in the 4th quarter.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 03:06 PM
It essentially was a no call, as Houston declined the penalty, and took the result of the play, which was a catch.

Which makes all this whining about the refs even more embarrassing.

Even more embarrassing than the lack of a pass rush today, or the inability of the offense to grind out the clock and win the game.

No. 15 yards added onto the catch. Put them in field goal range which they obviously didn't need.

doomy3
10-17-2010, 03:07 PM
No. 15 yards added onto the catch. Put them in field goal range which they obviously didn't need.

Well, that's not true at all.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:08 PM

UGH.

In fairness, Austin gave him a straight arm causing him to fall to the ground, it looked much worse than the Johnson/Flowers play.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:08 PM

Uh it gave them no yards, Houston declined the penalty and took the catch, they got nothing from the flag.

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Uh it gave them no yards, Houston declined the penalty and took the catch, they got nothing from the flag.

41 yard difference in the non OPI call dumbass.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 03:11 PM
3-2-KC 41 (2:36) M.Cassel pass incomplete deep left to T.Moeaki.

Even NFL describes it as DEEP LEFT. Why the deep throw? WHY? We are a dink and dunk offense. DINK OR DUNK GOD DAMNIT.

OnTheWarpath58

You're wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101704/2010/REG6/chiefs@texans/recap/quick-take?module=HP_headlines#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

2-10-HOU 45 (1:54) 8-M.Schaub pass deep right to 80-A.Johnson pushed ob at KC 24 for 31 yards (24-B.Flowers). Penalty on KC-24-B.Flowers, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

DeezNutz

That contact, especially for how tough of a player Flowers is, seemed minimal. It did, however, appear that Flowers tried to sell it.

It should have been a no call, IMO.

Stud WR matched up with a stud CB, and the former won. Shit happens.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Well, that's not true at all.

Wow, you're right. Then what are we all arguing about/

donkhater
10-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Mecca's right. They declined the penalty. Flowers only gripe is that they didn't call PI on Johnson.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 03:13 PM

You can whine about it all you want, that's not OPI anymore than it was DPI.

The right call was a no-call, which wouldn't have changed the result.

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 03:14 PM
That contact, especially for how tough of a player Flowers is, seemed minimal. It did, however, appear that Flowers tried to sell it.

It should have been a no call, IMO.

Stud WR matched up with a stud CB, and the former won. Shit happens.

I disagree.Austin just got called for the same thing.

However I do agree the defense played like ass overall in the 2n
d Half.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 03:14 PM

Yep. This is true. Still can't believe we didn't run the ball though. I think the Houston offense plays safer with only 1 time out on that last drive instead of 2. They would have worried about the clock more for a FG.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM

However I do agree the defense played like ass overall in the 2n
d Half.

Austin straight armed that CB into the ground, how is that comparable to the Johnson/Flowers play?

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM
The only mind-blowing thing about that play was that they threw the flag at Flowers when it was obvious that if they were going to call it at all, it was offensive interference.

(Call me old and bitter, but Gonzalez got flagged for that all the time - we never seen to be on the right side of those calls...)

That hold against Hali on the long run, though, that one was obvious in real time. How on earth they let that one go I'll never know.

Jerm
10-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Austin straight armed that CB into the ground, how is that comparable to the Johnson/Flowers play?

If Flowers falls down like the Minny CB did, you think he gets the call?

Just asking.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:16 PM
If Flowers falls down like the Minny CB did, you think he gets the call?

Just asking.

Maybe, if a straight arm comes out from a WR it's almost always a penalty so I thought that was the bigger deal.

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 03:17 PM

A non call was not the right call. How do you throw a flag for DPI when it was obviously the other way.

The defense played like shit in the second half but KC wins the game without that noncall or the hold on on Hali on the TD run.

When you play on the road against a good team and then have to play the refs that's tough.

In the end the defense should have played better.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 03:18 PM
If anyone is watching the Jets - Donkey's game they have called 2 PI's on the Jets WR's that were almost exactly like what happened to Flowers.

With that being said the D still needs to nut up and make a stop and they couldn't today.

suds79
10-17-2010, 03:18 PM

No he didn't. I made an earlier post on this.

Austin extended his arm and it was clear to see. It got called. (that's what it takes to get that called from what I've ever seen in the NFL.)

Johnson shoved Flowers with a forearm just enough to get Brandon off and made the catch. Now is it a push off? You bet. But that'll never get called.

Unfortunately for us today, that's just how it is.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 03:20 PM
A non call was not the right call. How do you throw a flag for DPI when it was obviously the other way.

The defense played like shit in the second half but KC wins the game without that noncall or the hold on on Hali on the TD run.

When you play on the road against a good team and then have to play the refs that's tough.

In the end the defense should have played better.

I expect this from Pete, but not from you.

That's not OPI. It's just not. The contact was minimal, and both player were handfighting the entire length of the route.

An elite WR made a great play on solid coverage.

That play isn't the reason we lost.

The refs aren't the reason we lost.

We lost because Schaub had all fucking day to throw, and because the offense couldn't finish the job when they were needed most.

petegz28
10-17-2010, 03:23 PM

Funny how the Refs in the Dallas game disagree, ain't it?

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:24 PM

It's not the same fucking play this has been covered 5 times now.

Austin did a full on straight arm in which the CB fell down, Flowers and Johnson hand fought, there were no straight arms or anyone falling down.

The plays aren't really comparable, what Austin did was extremely blatant, Johnson pushed off in a very concealed way.

Bob Dole
10-17-2010, 03:24 PM
TONY ROMO!!!

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 03:25 PM

:facepalm:

Marcellus
10-17-2010, 03:25 PM

That's not OPI. It's just not. The contact was minimal, and both player were handfighting the entire length of the route.

We lost because Schaub had all ****ing day to throw, and because the offense couldn't finish the job when they were needed most.

We lost for several reasons including the Refs. To ignore their part in the game as well as the shit play call on 3rd and 2 and the failed pooch KO etc....is a failure to look at the whole game in context.

The thingis you could say we beat ourselves again which is correctable. So let's look at it like that.

kstater
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
The thing that concerns me about that play is Flowers was more concerned with getting the call than finishing the play.

petegz28
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
It's not the same ****ing play this has been covered 5 times now.

Austin did a full on straight arm in which the CB fell down, Flowers and Johnson hand fought, there were no straight arms or anyone falling down.

The plays aren't really comparable, what Austin did was extremely blatant, Johnson pushed off in a very concealed way.

Yeah, the shove on the back never happened. Even though we can clearly see it we will pretend it didn't happen. Oh, I am sorry, we will claim it to be "concealed".

petegz28
10-17-2010, 03:27 PM
The thing that concerns me about that play is Flowers was more concerned with getting the call than finishing the play.

He caught it and ran out of bounds. What was to finish?

milkman
10-17-2010, 03:27 PM
It's not the same ****ing play this has been covered 5 times now.

I think calling it hand fighting is a bit of an embellishement.

A DB is never going to get that call, though.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, the shove on the back never happened. Even though we can clearly see it we will pretend it didn't happen. Oh, I am sorry, we will claim it to be "concealed".

The difference in Andre Johnson using his forearm to slightly move Flowers forward and Austin busting out a straight arm is the difference in a PI being called and not called in the NFL.

petegz28
The difference in Andre Johnson using his forearm to slightly move Flowers forward and Austin busting out a straight arm is the difference in a PI being called and not called in the NFL.

Ah, ok, so it's ok to shove but not really. I get it.

Mr. Arrowhead
im sorry but, we got fucked plain and simple. It was a clear push in the back.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:29 PM

How long have you been watching football? Are you not aware that all WR's do this to seperate? It's a matter of what you can and can't get away with, what Johnson did has become an acceptable move what Austin did, hasn't. If you straight your arm like that you'll always get a penalty.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 03:29 PM

No, Pete. You don't get it. You never have.

You just move from Royals to Chiefs, Chiefs to Royals, whining about the refs.

Rinse, repeat.

kstater
10-17-2010, 03:30 PM
He caught it and ran out of bounds. What was to finish?

Johnson hadn't even caught the ball before he started jawing to the ref.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:30 PM
No, Pete. You don't get it. You never have.

You just move from Royals to Chiefs, Chiefs to Royals, whining about the refs.

Rinse, repeat.

It blows my mind that this is even an argument, anyone who has watched any amount of football knows what gets called and what doesn't.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 03:31 PM

It did look like to me Flowers stopped once he got pushed off because he thought it was PI.

Bob Dole
10-17-2010, 03:32 PM
It's not the same fucking play this has been covered 5 times now.

Denver fan...

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 03:33 PM
It did look like to me Flowers stopped once he got pushed off because he thought it was PI.

Hands up, trying to sell it. No one was buying.

But, but, once the flag was thrown, no way it can be on Flowers. Should have been a no call.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2010, 03:34 PM
I love how Mecca wastes no time to come around after a Chiefs loss. :)

petegz28
10-17-2010, 03:34 PM
It blows my mind that this is even an argument, anyone who has watched any amount of football knows what gets called and what doesn't.

You forget I'm a Chiefs fan. I've seen plenty of OPI calls made on TG. I know what should be called and shouldn't. That should have been called. So should the one in the endzone on Houston's 1st score.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Hands up, trying to sell it. No one was buying.

But, but, once the flag was thrown, no way it can be on Flowers. Should have been a no call.

Don't know about a no call. Like I said earlier 2 offensive PI's calls against the Jets all very similar. It comes back to the fact that the refs aren't consistent.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 03:38 PM
If Javier Arenas makes a tackle on 3rd and 10 with a minute to go, instead of getting dragged for 5 yards, we hold Houston to a FG attempt and have some clock to work with.

Just one example.

The offense didn't make a play when they needed to.

Neither did the defense.

Plain and simple.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I love how Mecca wastes no time to come around after a Chiefs loss. :)

because hes gay

milkman
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Don't know about a no call. Like I said earlier 2 offensive PI's calls against the Jets all very similar. It comes back to the fact that the refs aren't consistent.

I missed one of them, but there was a OPI call on Kellar that wasn't even as obvious as the non call on Johnson.

I guess TEs are held to a different standard.

donkhater
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Go back an look at the TD pass Bowe dropped last week. Could have called OPI on that if you think this was.

ROYC75
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
It's great, I seen we still have a bunch of whinebags on here.

Seriously guys and dolls ...... The whole team lost this game. You go up 21 - 7 in the 3rd qtr, it comes does to coaching and execution, Not one play!!!!!!!

No play fake o Weis's part.
Not getting a 1st down ans settling for a FG in the 3rd Qtr with 2:40 left. I told III that we will lose this game.
The defense was lousy ......... Period ! No coverage, NO PRESSURE on the QB.
Cassel with a high pass to Horne.
Not enough plays to McCuster.

The whole team ....... Lost it.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
If Javier Arenas makes a tackle on 3rd and 10 with a minute to go, instead of getting dragged for 5 yards, we hold Houston to a FG attempt and have some clock to work with.

Just one example.

Neither did the defense.

Plain and simple.We had ample opportunity to win the game on both sides of the ball and failed to do so. The coaches failed, the players failed. Offense and defense. And special teams, for that matter.

It was painful to watch it unfold. Strangely reminiscent of a Vermeil-era game. (Herm wouldn't have scored that many points...)

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 03:43 PM
We had ample opportunity to win the game on both sides of the ball and failed to do so. The coaches failed, the players failed. Offense and defense. And special teams, for that matter.

It was painful to watch it unfold. Strangely reminiscent of a Vermeil-era game. (Herm wouldn't have scored that many points...)

Agreed.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I missed one of them, but there was a OPI call on Kellar that wasn't even as obvious as the non call on Johnson.

I guess TEs are held to a different standard.

I agree he didn't extend his arm or anything in fact he just looked like just a tad push just like Johnson did.

Oh well that is the way it goes sometimes. I hate blaming the refs for games won or lost. It all evens out eventually.

milkman
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Agreed.

I think we can all agree on this.

Dartgod
10-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but even if they do call the offensive PI on Johnson, what makes you think that our defense would stop them at that point anyway? They were shredding us all 2nd half.

Yeah, it was a bad call, but in no way determined the outcome of the game.

Hug it Out Dan
10-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Cassel threw an uncatchable ball with the game on the line. The Chiefs told him to go win it and he blew it.

we pretty much had 1/2 a field to go in 15 seconds......wasn't going to happen, not w/ Cassel, not with Manning or Brady/Brees.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 04:09 PM

We lost because Schaub had all ****ing day to throw, and because the offense couldn't finish the job when they were needed most.

We actually had some decent pressure. He was just really good at rolling out to avoid it.

Hali did get held a lot though.... must be frustrating.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Another offensive PI in the Jets - Donkey's game. Graham just used a little hand push off once again similar to Johnson and got called on it. This is the 3rd one in this game.

EyePod
10-17-2010, 04:10 PM

Just one example.

Neither did the defense.

Plain and simple.

That's the negative of having tiny CB's covering big TE's.

petegz28
10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Another offensive PI in the Jets - Donkey's game. Graham just used a little hand push off once again similar to Johnson and got called on it. This is the 3rd one in this game.

No, No, NO!!! those are different /mecca /OTWP

kcpasco
10-17-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't blame the refs for this, but I hate them and wish they would DIAF.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM

I have to say, there is a certain amount of irony to all this.

When have we ever seen more than one OPI called in a game, and ticky tack calls at that?

I saw that and just laughed.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM
I have to say, there is a certain amount of irony to all this.

When have we ever seen more than one OPI called in a game, and ticky tack calls at that?

I saw that and just laughed.

Makes you wonder if the league called the officials right before kickoff and told them to watch out for this more to cover their ass.

kcpasco
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM
I was scared Brandon Flowers was gonna go all out Al Capone on that ref on sidelines.

I wasn't afraid for the refs life but for the fact we would have lost our best player to suspension.

Guru
10-17-2010, 04:36 PM
You don't watch much football do you.

yhf
10-17-2010, 04:41 PM

You keep claiming handfighting but you can't create a fact by being redundant.

Watch the play again. If you do you will see that Flowers bumped Johnson about 3 1/2 yards into his route. After the bump there was no contact between the two players until Johnson gave Flowers a forearm to the back. A person could argue that the contact was borderline HOWEVER a flag was thrown by the line judge. People can argue a non call all day but given the fact that a flag was thrown if ANY call should have been made, clearly it would have been OPI.

The quality of product presented by the NFL is moderated by the officials they employ. Absolute failure by those officials to maintain a level of credibility and consistency results in a shoddy product.

I won't claim that the officials cost us the game but I will argue that the game is meaningless if it is part of a dogshit system that bears more resemblance to the WWE than a quality competitive sporting event.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Tony Dungy just basically said what a BS call. It is so clear he used his forearm to push off on his back. That was called all day today in the Jets-Donkey game

Edit: Tony didn't basically said it he said it was BS and changed the outcome of the game. He used his forearm to gain separation which is the definition of Offensive PI.

bobbything
10-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Anyone complaining about the reffing after the piss-pounding our defense took in the 2nd half, and the bed-wetting offensive series that would have iced the game after running up 250 yards on the ground, is a f*cking loser. Plain and simple.

Excuse makers for a team that couldn't close out a game with ample opportunities. Go cheer for the ****ing Red Sox or something and spare me the WAAAAAAAA!!!! Shoulda been offensive pass interference!!!! F*ck you.

Offense, get a first down. Coordinators, we ran for 250 yards, run the ****ing ball on 3rd and 2. Defense, you got buttf*cked up and down the field in the 2nd half, make a stop!! I'm looking at you Johnson and Arenas.

That was as complete a team loss as I've seen in some time.

milkman
10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Anyone complaining about the reffing after the piss-pounding our defense took in the 2nd half, and the bed-wetting offensive series that would have iced the game after running up 250 yards on the ground, is a f*cking loser. Plain and simple.

Excuse makers for a team that couldn't close out a game with ample opportunities. Go cheer for the ****ing Red Sox or something and spare me the WAAAAAAAA!!!! Shoulda been offensive pass interference!!!! F*ck you.

Offense, get a first down. Coordinators, we ran for 250 yards, run the ****ing ball on 3rd and 2. Defense, you got buttf*cked up and down the field in the 2nd half, make a stop!! I'm looking at you Johnson and Arenas.

That was as complete a team loss as I've seen in some time.

Overall, I agree with the above, but I ask you, like I've asked over and over again today.

How many thimes did the Texans stuff the Chiefs runs on third and short situations?

Rain Man
10-17-2010, 06:20 PM

and they weren't even close. that's what kills me.

and thanks to barry richardson for not playing on the final play. what was that about?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Go back an look at the TD pass Bowe dropped last week. Could have called OPI on that if you think this was.

More often than not, when you're talking about a ball where either the receiver or the D-back has to stop, there's expected to be some incidental contact and borderline PI on both sides as the two jockey for position.

When you're talking about a guy running at full sprint, that's a totally different story. You're not supposed to shove a guy going at full sprint when the ball is in the air. Johnson knows that. He did it intentionally. And so there is no borderline. It should have been OPI and it wasn't. The team should move on, but at the same time, they shouldn't be forced to because the refs don't do their job.

bobbything
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Overall, I agree with the above, but I ask you, like I've asked over and over again today.

How many thimes did the Texans stuff the Chiefs runs on third and short situations?

In all honesty, I don't remember. I do remember them stuffing us on 2nd and short a lot.

At worst, they stop us and are forced to use a timeout.

But, this is simply one area where we shit the bed today.

Lzen
10-18-2010, 07:45 AM

Just one example.

Neither did the defense.

Plain and simple.

This sums it up pretty well. It was a team effort in the loss. And by team, I mean, offense, defense, special teams, and refs. ;)

ChiTown
10-18-2010, 08:10 AM
This was the Offenses turn to WIN this game for the team. They have been riding the coattails of the D all season. This time, the offense needed to step up, get the first down and keep the ball moving. The fact that we ran the World's worst 3rd and 2 play only accentuates the FAIL of that series.

Was the Defense absolute shit yesterday? Yes, without a doubt. That only adds emphasis to my earlier point that you run it on 3rd down (clock), and if you don't get it, you run it again on 4th. I feel reasonably confident, given how we ran yesterday, that we could have picked up two yards in 2 plays. Worst case: You don't get the 1st down, the Texan's have a shorter field to score, and take less time doing it. We then have more time to execute a final drive of our own.

Anyway, a lot of 2nd guessing here, but that last offensive series made me want to puke.

BigChiefTablet
10-18-2010, 09:06 AM
I think everyone has summed up the numerous reasons we lost the game. But I think our guys played a damn good game against a very tough team. We should have won it, but we played hard and came up short in a few areas and were on the wrong end of at least one non-call by the refs.

We looked like a pretty well rounded football team yesterday. We converted third downs. We scored offensive touchdowns. The Texans defense may be a prime suspect, but we played well.

The coaches said they needed to work on converting third downs this week and we did. We should have won, and it sucks that we didn't, but there are quite a few positives to take away from this game. Now we need to work on getting it done in clutch situations.

This game is over, time to think about next week.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-18-2010, 10:30 AM
The defense definitely lost this game.

FAX
10-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Sometimes you "win" the game and sometimes the enemy "loses". And then, there are games you "lose" because the enemy "wins".

This one had a little of both.

FAX

Mecca
10-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Houston is what we use to be, all offense no defense. I don't think this game is an indictment on the Chiefs defense, Houston scores on most everyone. You just have to be able to consistently score and move the ball to beat that team.

FAX
10-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Houston is what we use to be, all offense no defense. I don't think this game is an indictment on the Chiefs defense, Houston scores on most everyone. You just have to be able to consistently score and move the ball to beat that team.

I don't disagree with this.

It's interesting, though, how well their offense does in the second half of games. I wonder why.

FAX