PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WTF is wrong with Berry

Fritz88
10-17-2010, 02:08 PM
I have been a big advocate of drafting him.

But he's been giving up a big play after big play.

Two TDs today on him.

He may have contributed in the run, but he's been nothing against the pass.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-17-2010, 02:10 PM
he's overrated?

I haven't been impressed by a single performance.

milkshock
10-17-2010, 02:11 PM
not looking good

</post>
10-17-2010, 02:11 PM
It's officially become a concern.

Fritz88
10-17-2010, 02:12 PM
He bites so easily. The first and last TDs he got burned like a stick.

spanky 52
I keep telling myself he's a rookie but when a player is taken that high he damn well better produce early. It's not looking real good right now.

Dayze
he's a rookie; JFC.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
DId you guys not learn a thing from the dorsey shit?

STFU morons. He's a rookie.

texrose05
10-17-2010, 02:15 PM
doesn't help that Earl Thomas is already a f'n stud for the seahawks...

he is probably going to win the rookie of the year and they are already talking pro bowl for him...

oh well..

RealSNR
I love it. True fans tell me to be patient, and then when it comes to Eric Berry I'M the one who's patient.

Give him a year. I'm anticipating markedly significant improvement next year.

dj56dt58
he sucks? This Ed Reed wannabe couldn't hold his fucking jock, Reed was good his rookie season, Berry hasn't done shit

doomy3
10-17-2010, 02:17 PM

True, but there is a difference between the learning curve for a defensive tackle and a safety. Rookie safeties regularly come in and make an impact. Berry hasn't shown very good football instincts at all so far.

Saccopoo
Shhhh...

Don't you people know that a play making safety is a must pick in the top five?

And don't worry...he's officially been signed up for the official KC Chiefs Fans' Branden Albert Learning Curve Acceptibility Program, where you continue to suck game after game, but the "really smart" fans continue to state that he's just going through a period where he needs to adjust to the game, himself, etc. He'll be okay eventually. Maybe. By year five, he might be able to contribute so please have patience with his miscues until then. You should know that he's on an ascending curve.

TheGuardian
he sucks? This Ed Reed wannabe couldn't hold his ****ing jock, Reed was good his rookie season, Berry hasn't done shit

He just played his 5th game as a rookie you fucking moron.

Troy POlamalu wasn't great his rookie year either and didn't start a single game.

You guys can be some big time dumb shits at times.

Fritz88
I love it. True fans tell me to be patient, and then when it comes to Eric Berry I'M the one who's patient.

Give him a year. I'm anticipating markedly significant improvement next year.

I have not seen any flashes of him.

But yeah, I will wait.

Dayze
Berry sucks. we should cut him after 5 games. /Chiefs fans

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
True, but there is a difference between the learning curve for a defensive tackle and a safety. Rookie safeties regularly come in and make an impact. Berry hasn't shown very good football instincts at all so far.

Troy Polamalu didn't even start his rookie season.

AirForceChief
He looks indecisive; you can almost seem the wheels turning. He's thinking too much. In short, he's playing like a rookie.

Comes with the territory. It's not fun to watch right now.

Chiefs Rool
give him time, he'll learn. He's been great against the run, not today though. The whole defense sucked shit today. But Houston is a top offense.

Fritz88
10-17-2010, 02:19 PM

This. The way he bites. Fuck me.

siberian khatru
5 games in, guys. 5 games.

dirk digler
I admit I am officially concerned

RealSNR
I'm saving this thread in my bookmarks. And I don't want you all doing the "I'll happily eat my crow!" bullshit.

5 games in the NFL, he has one bad game, and all of a sudden he's a bust.

Good Christ. Indy and Houston are the two more potent offenses in the NFL. He'll learn very quickly what TEs in the NFL are all about. He's a smart player. Just give him some time.

Unbelievable. And some of these fuckers were the ones telling me to give Cassel a chance in 2009.

Dayze
10-17-2010, 02:22 PM
maybe instead of blaming Berry like a fuckin' idiot, you should look at the lack of a fucking pass rush, and our LBs making dumb ass decisions; not to mention our slow ass 50 yr old LB in Vrabel. the D line had gerenated any type of pass rush in the 2nd half, the game is most likely not inquestion.

but yeah...Berry sucks.

cdcox
He is a rookie.

Dayze
I'm saving this thread in my bookmarks. And I don't want you all doing the "I'll happily eat my crow!" bullshit.

5 games in the NFL, he has one bad game, and all of a sudden he's a bust.

Good Christ. Indy and Houston are the two more potent offenses in the NFL. He'll learn very quickly what TEs in the NFL are all about. He's a smart player. Just give him some time.

Unbelievable. And some of these ****ers were the ones telling me to give Cassel a chance in 2009.

xactly...JFC.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM

exactly

Dayze
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Berry's a bust.

...but, Cassel needs a new Oline, and a few more WR's (preferably a HOF WR). He needs more weapons. / CP homers.

RealSNR
10-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Shhhh...

And don't worry...he's officially been signed up for the official KC Chiefs Fans' Branden Albert Learning Curve Acceptibility Program, where you continue to suck game after game, but the "really smart" fans continue to state that he's just going through a period where he needs to adjust to the game, himself, etc. He'll be okay eventually. Maybe. By year five, he might be able to contribute so please have patience with his miscues until then. You should know that he's on an ascending curve.Shut your motherfucking trap asshole. Because this team would be SOOOO good with an overpriced rookie left tackle. No we wouldn't. Cassel's uniform has been grass stain-free this season no thanks to your fucking stupid draft advice.

Go kill yourself

</post>
10-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't think anyone is saying he sucks. He's a legit talent. The concern is over his coverage in goal to go situations.

Dayze
10-17-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't think anyone is saying he sucks. He's a legit talent. The concern is over his coverage in goal to go situations.

goal to go is about game plan/ film study; and selling out on your play call.

RealSNR
10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Good god.

"Glenn Dorsey is a top 5 pick. He needs to contribute RIGHT NOW in order for it to be worth it."

You fuckers like to make fun of the drafturbators? Maybe you should get some football knowledge before you fucking talk

Bewbies
10-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Troy Polamalu didn't even start his rookie season.

He did but they put him on the bench because he was terrible. There was a lot of talk that he was a complete bust. LMAO

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 02:32 PM
He needs to dial it up a notch

suds79
10-17-2010, 02:33 PM
I think it's unfair to really put much blame if any on Berry on the TD toss where the TE cut back against him.

Berry covered him for at least 5 seconds or more. Just how long does he need to blanket him? Meanwhile, Schaub was just waiting, waiting, waiting before finally finding his guy.

ku_jhawk23
10-17-2010, 02:34 PM

can you name one?

Ed Reed did have 85 tackles his rookie season (also had one of the best defensive front lines in the history of the game), but still gave up touchdowns.

Polamalu had a whopping 35 tackles his rookie season with multiple touchdowns allowed.

I agree that Berry has to quit looking into the backfield. Every touchdown he's given up is directly related to this, but this is a correction that can be made. If anyone thinks Berry is a bust, they're an idiot.

Saccopoo
10-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Shut your mother****ing trap asshole. Because this team would be SOOOO good with an overpriced rookie left tackle. No we wouldn't. Cassel's uniform has been grass stain-free this season no thanks to your ****ing stupid draft advice.

Go kill yourself

Boo fucking hoo.

Cassel's uniform has been grass free because they (Haley/Weis) are making every possible effort to get the ball out of his hands as soon as possible. Cassel sucks and really has no business starting at this level, Albert is mother fucking atrocious, and Berry continues to get burned for touchdowns nearly every single game. Those are the facts. We would be better off with a quality left tackle versus a safety with poor ball skills in my opinion. It seems that you prefer bad safety play over good offensive line play. Weird, but you are entitled to your own opinion I guess, even though it seems to be pretty fucking stupid.

I suggest that you go take a shower and try to wash that grain of sand out of your labia. You'll feel a whole lot better.

</post>
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
goal to go is about game plan/ film study; and selling out on your play call.

I agree. I don't even think he's getting beat in the endzone so much as he has a rookie habit of taking himself out of the play and moving two to a receiver. Don't get me wrong, I think he's playing great especially for a rookie. I just would like to see that happen less... or never again. Thus, I am concerned about that type of situation. I am not concerned that he is a bust.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
He did but they put him on the bench because he was terrible. There was a lot of talk that he was a complete bust. LMAO

This is true. He was AWFUL in coverage.

If it were up to fans they would have cut him after his rookie season.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Shhhh...

And don't worry...he's officially been signed up for the official KC Chiefs Fans' Branden Albert Learning Curve Acceptibility Program, where you continue to suck game after game, but the "really smart" fans continue to state that he's just going through a period where he needs to adjust to the game, himself, etc. He'll be okay eventually. Maybe. By year five, he might be able to contribute so please have patience with his miscues until then. You should know that he's on an ascending curve.

I LOVE Ffvb.

Bye, Sac. You've become an annoying twat.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 02:43 PM

STFU morons. He's a rookie.This.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Jesus Christ. He didn't bite on that last TD, it was a fucking schoolyard play.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 02:45 PM
How would that last TD even be his fault? Play breaks down and the best WR in the league changes his route and that's Berry biting? WTF?

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
I LOVE Ffvb.

Bye, Sac. You've become an annoying twat.Become?

He's been an annoying twat forever. Ignore was made for that dipshit and retardian.

</post>
10-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Jesus Christ. He didn't bite on that last TD, it was a ****ing schoolyard play.

I get that. Just going from memory, most of his beats have been on schoolyard plays. But we need to make plays in those situations and he's the guy we drafted to do it. He'll get it together. All I'm saying is that, right now, I get nervous watching those type of plays. Hopefully, by the end of the season and in the next few years, I'll be confident in an INT.

Fritz88
10-17-2010, 02:50 PM
How would that last TD even be his fault? Play breaks down and the best WR in the league changes his route and that's Berry biting? WTF?

Your avatar is gay.

RealSNR
Boo fucking hoo.

Cassel's uniform has been grass free because they (Haley/Weis) are making every possible effort to get the ball out of his hands as soon as possible. Cassel sucks and really has no business starting at this level, Albert is mother fucking atrocious, and Berry continues to get burned for touchdowns nearly every single game. Those are the facts. We would be better off with a quality left tackle versus a safety with poor ball skills in my opinion. It seems that you prefer bad safety play over good offensive line play. Weird, but you are entitled to your own opinion I guess, even though it seems to be pretty fucking stupid.

I suggest that you go take a shower and try to wash that grain of sand out of your labia. You'll feel a whole lot better.Good offensive line play? We'd be starting a fucking rookie, asshole!

God, you're fucking dumb. "Albert if fucking atrocious" is a false and baseless claim made by you to only further your chubby you get from a dream offensive line.

Go ahead and watch Berry play against arguably the most explosive offense in the league. Not good by any means but not a bad job either. The best part is he's going to LEARN and IMPROVE. You can't fucking see past the fact that if we had a rookie LT he'd be messing up in all kinds of fucking ways. What would you say? Probably some shit like, "Welp, he's better than Albert. And give him a chance. He needs time to learn the speed of the NFL"

I would've loved to see how Brian Bulaga would've done against Dwight Freeney. That fat white piece of a shit would've given up more than a few sacks.

Pasta Little Brioni
This is freaking stupid.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I get that. Just going from memory, most of his beats have been on schoolyard plays. But we need to make plays in those situations and he's the guy we drafted to do it. He'll get it together. All I'm saying is that, right now, I get nervous watching those type of plays. Hopefully, by the end of the season and in the next few years, I'll be confident in an INT.You're looking at the wrong end of the defense on that play. The real issue is the fact that the front 7 gets stoned and gives quarterbacks and receivers all the time in the world to make that key play. And they've done that for years.

Put the QB on his back, don't make Berry or Carr or Flowers or DJ or whoever the hell is being asked to keep guys covered for 5 fucking minutes in the end zone, and there's no schoolyard shit...

doomy3
10-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Good god.

"Glenn Dorsey is a top 5 pick. He needs to contribute RIGHT NOW in order for it to be worth it."

You ****ers like to make fun of the drafturbators? Maybe you should get some football knowledge before you ****ing talk

I think you need to simmer down a bit. Berry hasn't been good so far. As far as I can see, no one is saying we should cut him or he is hopeless. However, I think most on here, I'm guessing yourself included, would have expected better instincts from him already.

Yes, he's a rookie. Yes, he'll get better. But in a year where we are actually looking like we could compete for the division, he has been a definite weak spot on an otherwise solid defense.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Brian Bulaga is busy picking the splinters out of his ass from Green Bay's bench.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I think you need to simmer down a bit. Berry hasn't been good so far. As far as I can see, no one is saying we should cut him or he is hopeless. However, I think most on here, I'm guessing yourself included, would have expected better instincts from him already.

Yes, he's a rookie. Yes, he'll get better. But in a year where we are actually looking like we could compete for the division, he has been a definite weak spot on an otherwise solid defense.

He's not playing centerfield in this defense, so he's not going to get those eye-popping picks.

That said, he's closed like a fucking AMRAAM on about 4 balls this year that could have been picks, and he's blown up numerous plays.

</post>
10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
You're looking at the wrong end of the defense on that play. The real issue is the fact that the front 7 gets stoned and gives quarterbacks and receivers all the time in the world to make that key play. And they've done that for years.

Put the QB on his back, don't make Berry or Carr or Flowers or DJ or whoever the hell is being asked to keep guys covered for 5 ****ing minutes in the end zone, and there's no schoolyard shit...

Very true. I saw and understand that. That's why I'm not really putting any blame on Berry. I really think he is talented enough to make a play on that ball if he chooses to cover the right receiver.

I just want Berry in God mode now :crybaby:

RealSNR
10-17-2010, 02:58 PM

Yes, he's a rookie. Yes, he'll get better. But in a year where we are actually looking like we could compete for the division, he has been a definite weak spot on an otherwise solid defense.We're asking him to play at an Ed Reed/Polamalu level after 5 games in the NFL? Let him make mistakes. Let him figure things out. He'll get his shit together this offseason, I guarantee it.

Of course he's a weak spot. The problem is you guys had unrealistic expectations. I did not expect him to be a world beater and I expected mistakes, especially on these tough plays he's defending.

Save this post. I guarantee top 10 safety play from Berry next season.

RealSNR
10-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Brian Bulaga is busy picking the splinters out of his ass from Green Bay's bench.egg-zackly

doomy3
10-17-2010, 03:00 PM
He's not playing centerfield in this defense, so he's not going to get those eye-popping picks.

That said, he's closed like a ****ing AMRAAM on about 4 balls this year that could have been picks, and he's blown up numerous plays.

Yes, I understand that he isn't playing center field. He would probably be looking much better if he was, because he is having trouble marking anyone man to man.

I have huge hopes for him and think he will be a star in this league, but for this year, in a year where we look to have a legitimate shot at making some noise, we need him to play more disciplined.

</post>
10-17-2010, 03:00 PM
The problem is you guys had unrealistic expectations.

This is probably me.

doomy3
10-17-2010, 03:01 PM
We're asking him to play at an Ed Reed/Polamalu level after 5 games in the NFL? Let him make mistakes. Let him figure things out. He'll get his shit together this offseason, I guarantee it.

Of course he's a weak spot. The problem is you guys had unrealistic expectations. I did not expect him to be a world beater and I expected mistakes, especially on these tough plays he's defending.

Save this post. I guarantee top 10 safety play from Berry next season.

No, but I'd take Jairus Byrd or Earl Thomas results right now.

</post>
10-17-2010, 03:02 PM
No, but I'd take Jairus Byrd or Earl Thomas results right now.

They aren't really comparable in what they're being asked to do right?

RealSNR
10-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Yes, I understand that he isn't playing center field. He would probably be looking much better if he was, because he is having trouble marking anyone man to man.

I have huge hopes for him and think he will be a star in this league, but for this year, in a year where we look to have a legitimate shot at making some noise, we need him to play more disciplined.Yes, we do need him to show up. We also need Cassel, Bowe, T-Jack, Vrabel, DJ (missed some shit tackles this game) Chambers, McCluster, and at times Brandon Albert to play more disciplined.

ILikeBigTiddys
Everyone from LSU sucks

RealSNR
They aren't really comparable in what they're being asked to do right?Correct

doomy3
10-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes, we do need him to show up. We also need Cassel, Bowe, T-Jack, Vrabel, DJ (missed some shit tackles this game) Chambers, McCluster, and at times Brandon Albert to play more disciplined.

Yes, and I see many people talking about those players needing to play better. Berry shouldn't be off limits simply because he's a rookie.

scho63
10-17-2010, 03:07 PM
The reason Berry looks so bad is that college, they run 85% time and he is a great run stopper. In the pros, the run only between 40-60% of the time and he is not used to covering so many passes in a game.

99% of you wanted to draft him, so be careful what you wish for. I wanted an OL like Anthony Davis of Rutgers or someone like Mardy Gilliard for a deep threat. I am very happy and impressed with Mcluster, Areanas, Lewis, and Moeki. They are great picks that I didn't know how good they were.

RealSNR
10-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes, and I see many people talking about those players needing to play better. Berry shouldn't be off limits simply because he's a rookie.There's a difference between "Berry needs to play better" and "WTF Earl Thomas is raping with the Seahawks y can't Berry do that he's getting beat all the time and his run defense plays rnt that impressive im beginning to think he's a bust lawl"

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Everyone from LSU sucks

Who?

RealSNR
10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
The reason Berry looks so bad is that college, they run 85% time and he is a great run stopper. In the pros, the run only between 40-60% of the time and he is not used to covering so many passes in a game.

99% of you wanted to draft him, so be careful what you wish for. I wanted an OL like Anthony Davis of Rutgers or someone like Mardy Gilliard for a deep threat. I am very happy and impressed with Mcluster, Areanas, Lewis, and Moeki. They are great picks that I didn't know how good they were.How good would our offensive line be RIGHT NOW with a rookie OT? Not in the future, because we're ignoring Berry's future. We're talking RIGHT NOW.

We'd probably be worse on the OL unless we benched the guy. Then people would be throwing a hissy fit that he wasn't on the field "WTF he's a top 5 pick he needs to contribute immeeeeeeeeediately"

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Who?

Dorsey, Jackson, Bowe and whoever else we've drafted from there lately. KU puts out better talent

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Guys are top 5 picks based on measurables more times than not. At the pro level, there is a LOT to learn. Why do some of you fuckers not get this????? Being a top 5 pick does not mean that you will be an impact player as a fucking rookie. It's so stupid it's hard to describe.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Dorsey, Jackson, Bowe and whoever else we've drafted from there lately. KU puts out better talent

You are a fucking moron of epic proportions.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM
He's playing like a rookie at a position where instinct and experience is really important. We all hoped that Berry would be a phenom but it's way too early to be freaking out about it.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Berry will be just fine and an eventual cornerstone of this defense.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Guys are top 5 picks based on measurables more times than not. At the pro level, there is a LOT to learn. Why do some of you ****ers not get this????? Being a top 5 pick does not mean that you will be an impact player as a ****ing rookie. It's so stupid it's hard to describe.

They're not rookies! Do more research and expand your vocabulary.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 03:19 PM
They're not rookies! Do more research and expand your vocabulary.

I'm talking about Berry you moron.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Dorsey, Jackson, Bowe and whoever else we've drafted from there lately. KU puts out better talentOh.. wtf... ahem.. I'm about to stroke out. WTF?!? LMAOLMAOLMAO

Edit: No.. seriously? WTF? LMAOLMAOLMAO

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm talking about Berry you moron.

You quoted me when I was talking about how everyone from LSU sucks bad, like you.

johnny961
10-17-2010, 03:25 PM
You're looking at the wrong end of the defense on that play. The real issue is the fact that the front 7 gets stoned and gives quarterbacks and receivers all the time in the world to make that key play. And they've done that for years.

Put the QB on his back, don't make Berry or Carr or Flowers or DJ or whoever the hell is being asked to keep guys covered for 5 ****ing minutes in the end zone, and there's no schoolyard shit...

X3. Shaub had all day to camp out back there. Any decent NFL QB will pick apart a good secondary given enough time.

doomy3
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Berry will be just fine and an eventual cornerstone of this defense.

I agree with you.

Rasputin
10-17-2010, 03:35 PM
I just think we missed Kendrick Lewis too much today. Up to this point he has been a big part of success for our D imo. I think chemistry on the field having him along side Eric Berry was a factor not having him.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 03:37 PM
You quoted me when I was talking about how everyone from LSU sucks bad, like you.

Dorsey and Bowe suck?

This is why you should go fucking fuck yourself with a javelin. Because you deserve it.

Fucking moron.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I just think we missed Kendrick Lewis too much today. Up to this point he has been a big part of success for our D imo. I think chemistry on the field having him along side Eric Berry was a factor not having him.
actually Mcgraw has been playing pretty good.

The Texans abused the fuck out of our slow ass linebackers today.

I swear for every good play DJ makes he still makes 3 crappy ones.

our linebackers got abused in the running game and then got exposed for being slow in the passing game.

just killed us

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Dorsey and Bowe suck?

This is why you should go fucking fuck yourself with a javelin. Because you deserve it.

Fucking moron."KU puts out better talent."

Not sure how you missed that gem.

Rasputin
10-17-2010, 03:43 PM
True. If we are going to get any respect or become a continder we have got to quit giving up the big plays. They were the killer in this game and then some. We can hold our own for a while then bam they stick a dagger in our hearts.

Frosty
10-17-2010, 03:58 PM
99% of you wanted to draft him, so be careful what you wish for. I wanted an OL like Anthony Davis of Rutgers or someone like Mardy Gilliard for a deep threat. I am very happy and impressed with Mcluster, Areanas, Lewis, and Moeki. They are great picks that I didn't know how good they were.

You wanted Mardy Gilyard at #5?

the Talking Can
12-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Boo ****ing hoo.

Cassel's uniform has been grass free because they (Haley/Weis) are making every possible effort to get the ball out of his hands as soon as possible. Cassel sucks and really has no business starting at this level, Albert is mother ****ing atrocious, and Berry continues to get burned for touchdowns nearly every single game. Those are the facts. We would be better off with a quality left tackle versus a safety with poor ball skills in my opinion. It seems that you prefer bad safety play over good offensive line play. Weird, but you are entitled to your own opinion I guess, even though it seems to be pretty ****ing stupid.

I suggest that you go take a shower and try to wash that grain of sand out of your labia. You'll feel a whole lot better.

:LOL::LOL:

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Boo fucking hoo.

I suggest that you go take a shower and try to wash that grain of sand out of your labia. You'll feel a whole lot better.How does Berry's ass taste? LMAO

RealSNR
12-07-2010, 03:55 PM
How does Berry's ass taste? LMAOIt tastes as bad as Okung's play has been this year

Frosty
12-07-2010, 03:58 PM
It tastes as bad as Okung's play has been this year

I didn't think that Brokung had played enough this year to be able to tell. :doh!:

38yrsfan
12-07-2010, 04:00 PM
To say he has made a couple of mistakes would be an understatement obviously but the bigger mistake would be to give up on him.

Chiefs Rool
12-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Berry is gonna be a freaking STUD, I have absolutely no worries about him.

Goldmember
12-07-2010, 04:16 PM

I don't see an Ed Reed or Polamalu here like many were speculating, but hope I'm wrong

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't see an Ed Reed or Polamalu here like many were speculating, but hope I'm wrongI definitely see a Polamalu-type player.

Dante84
12-07-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't see an Ed Reed or Polamalu here like many were speculating, but hope I'm wrong

You're wrong.

He's only played in 12 games. He's been up for Rookie of the Week in 4 of those.

He is murderous against the run, he is fast as hell and smart as hell, and he excels at open field tackling. His coverage, while lacking at the beginning of the season, has only improved as the season as gone on.

Dude will be a monster.

Goldmember
12-07-2010, 04:42 PM
You're wrong.

He's only played in 12 games. He's been up for Rookie of the Week in 4 of those.

He is murderous against the run, he is fast as hell and smart as hell, and he excels at open field tackling. His coverage, while lacking at the beginning of the season, has only improved as the season as gone on.

Dude will be a monster.

Yeah, that's why I don't really like to comment on rookies. Just an initial observation.

Direckshun
12-07-2010, 05:31 PM
You typically need to give rookie safeties a mulligan on their first year.

We'll have a better idea by this time next year.

Ralphy Boy
12-07-2010, 05:57 PM

Polamalu had 38 tackles, 0 int's & 4 passes defensed in his rookie season.

Berry HAS 69 tackles, 2 int's & 5 PD's so far. I think he's doing just fine.

LaChapelle
12-07-2010, 06:01 PM
What's wrong with Berry?

Nuttin

WV
12-07-2010, 06:05 PM
I couldn't be happier with the Berry pick or how he's playing.

MadMax
12-07-2010, 06:08 PM
You typically need to give rookie safeties a mulligan on their first year.

We'll have a better idea by this time next year.

Yep, he'll be fine IMHO!!!

MadMax
12-07-2010, 06:09 PM

Same!!! :) He will be a force for sure..

jettio
12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Berry has not shown the knack for turnovers like Ed Reed of Polamalu, but he may become the best run support safety since Leroy Butler, in that, Berry makes a whole lot of tackles at the LOS and he rarely misses a tackle.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM

Do you even remember watching Polamalu and Reed as rookies?

Polamalu looked like an absolute bust his rookie year. Berry is going to be the shit.

-King-
12-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Berry has had great run support skills this year and slowly but surely his pass coverage is coming along.

IIRC Polamalu was benched on pass situations his rookie year because of how bad he was.
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
12-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Berry has not shown the knack for turnovers like Ed Reed of Polamalu, but he may become the best run support safety since Leroy Butler, in that, Berry makes a whole lot of tackles at the LOS and he rarely misses a tackle.

He has 2 INTs so far as commpared to 5 for Reed his rookie season (On a MUCH better defense) and 0 for Polamalu. I think he'll be a league leader in INTs more than once in his career. Plus, his INT return skills are pretty sick. I can't wait to see more.

Basileus777
Berry has not shown the knack for turnovers like Ed Reed of Polamalu,

Polamalu isn't really a big turnover guy.

TheGuardian

Polamalu's rookie season -

2 sacks, 38 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 FF

Troy was so lost in coverage there were plenty of concerns he would be a bust.

Berry so far this season -

69 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 picks, 1 FF

I wish some of you would stop trying to evaluate players like this.

The Franchise
12-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Polamalu -

0 games started in his rookie year.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Berry has had great run support skills this year and slowly but surely his pass coverage is coming along.

IIRC Polamalu was benched on pass situations his rookie year because of how bad he was.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is correct. He was completely lost in terms of coverage.

I think a lot of fans expect WAAAY too much out of rookies. Next year I wouldn't be surprised if Berry made the pro bowl.

kysirsoze
12-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Polamalu isn't really a big turnover guy.

Yeah, he does alright. His best play comes from his ability to sniff out a play and fly in to blow it up, something Berry has already shown the ability to do. (Although not at Polamalu's level quite yet.)

KChiefs1
12-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Obviously, that Polamalu guys sucks! ROFL

KChiefs1
12-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Polamalu -

0 games started in his rookie year.

What a waste of a draft pick! ROFL

The Franchise
12-07-2010, 06:52 PM

Ummm dipshit.....I wasn't posting that to say that he was a wasted pick. I was posting that to show why his stats were so "horrible".

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Ummm dipshit.....I wasn't posting that to say that he was a wasted pick. I was posting that to show why his stats were so "horrible".

Why wasn't he on the field? IF Berry wasn't able to unseat a guy being a first rounder what do you think would be said about him?

His starts were horrible because he didn't start. He didn't start because he was lost as a golf ball in elephant grass in coverage. Understand?

kysirsoze
12-07-2010, 07:02 PM

I might be wrong but I think he was being sarcastic. :shrug:

Dante84
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
So who was in front of Palmmyolive his rookie year? Or, how about we look at his first 16 games started vs. Berrys?

Not it to google.

Fish
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Berry is learning so quickly... while being given a shit ton of responsibility for a rookie defensive back. Man, give this kid some time, and he's gonna be awesome. Berry is everything they thought he would be.

TheGuardian
12-07-2010, 10:27 PM
So who was in front of Palmmyolive his rookie year? Or, how about we look at his first 16 games started vs. Berrys?

Not it to google.

Mike Logan.

Dante84
12-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Mike Logan.

More like Fart Farterson.

Berry or die.

(thanks for looking it up)

KcMizzou
12-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Berry is learning so quickly... while being given a shit ton of responsibility for a rookie defensive back. Man, give this kid some time, and he's gonna be awesome. Berry is everything they thought he would be.Yep, he's basically just been left out there to sink or swim. 99% of the time, he's swam.

RealSNR
12-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our football opinions, and so bear ourselves that if SNR and his posts last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This thread was his finest hour.'

-Winston Churchill

Chief_For_Life58
12-07-2010, 11:07 PM
he will be good give him time

Hootie
12-08-2010, 02:14 AM
I don't know if he'll be as good as Polamalu...I hope so...but I do hope he's less injury prone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2010, 04:51 AM
His rookie performance pounds the piss out of Cassel's "rookie"/2009 performance.

Good enough.

milkshock
12-08-2010, 05:48 AM
as an athlete he is clearly outstanding

is he a player who fully reads the game, im not quite sure, but his natural athleticism alone will make sure he is a long time starter for us

Kintclan
12-08-2010, 06:01 AM
The guy is still making adjustments from the college game to the pros so lets give him time to put it together shall we?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Chief3188
12-08-2010, 06:29 AM
The guy is still making adjustments from the college game to the pros so lets give him time to put it together shall we?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Not to mention he is only 21.

|Zach|
12-08-2010, 06:47 AM
His rookie performance pounds the piss out of Cassel's "rookie"/2009 performance.

Good enough.

Yea, maybe he will consistently throw the 40 yard out this year.

|Zach|
12-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our football opinions, and so bear ourselves that if SNR and his posts last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This thread was his finest hour.'

-Winston Churchill

LMAO

wazimo
12-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Stop comparing Berry with Polomaulo (sp?). He was drafted with KC's late pick (20 something). Berry was picked # 5 overall. He needs to be starring right now. We need him to be good for years to come, as it looks like Tyson Jackson is not going to be very good.

mrbiggz
12-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Maybe Troy Polamalu's workout would help.
http://www.sportsciencelab.com/testimonials/troy-polamalu

petegz28
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Stop comparing Berry with Polomaulo (sp?). He was drafted with KC's late pick (20 something). Berry was picked # 5 overall. He needs to be starring right now. We need him to be good for years to come, as it looks like Tyson Jackson is not going to be very good.

I think Jackson would be good in a 4-3 as a DE. He just isn't coming around to the 3-4. But I keep my figners crossed. It took Dorsey 3 years before he was starting to make an impact. As it does with most D-lineman.

CoMoChief
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM
There is lots of FAIL in this thread.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2010, 09:49 AM

He is playing good football. Some of you think that these guys are ready made players when they hit the NFL. Berry had an adjustment period. Big deal.

He's going to be awesome for years to come.

The Bad Guy
I think Jackson would be good in a 4-3 as a DE. He just isn't coming around to the 3-4. But I keep my figners crossed. It took Dorsey 3 years before he was starting to make an impact. As it does with most D-lineman.

Why would he be a good 4-3 DE? He can't rush the passer to save his life.

Titty Meat
He's improved the last few games

Dante84
12-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Its a lurker partyyy!!!

CoMoChief
12-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Any chance Jared Crick would be good in a 3-4 DE?

He's what 6-6, 290lbs? He can penetrate into the backfield.

I'd use a 2nd/3rd rd pick on him...any chance he would last that far?

Titty Meat
12-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Any chance Jared Crick would be good in a 3-4 DE?

He's what 6-6, 290lbs? He can penetrate into the backfield.

I'd use a 2nd/3rd rd pick on him...any chance he would last that far?

Why would you want to spend an early pick on another DE? And no I think Crick would make a better DT most likely in a 4-3. Also he's only a JR and I don't think he'll come out this year.

Lzen
12-08-2010, 10:04 AM

Boom!@@

Chief3188
12-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Actually Troy was drafted at pick #14 in which the Steelers traded up with us from #27 where we picked LJ.

Impatience is not a virture buddy. It doesn't matter if it takes him 3 years to develop as long as he develops into a player that was worthy of his position.

Hootie
12-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Berry has been very good this season...and most importantly...he's staying healthy.

He's THE man.

-King-
12-08-2010, 10:26 AM

ROFL. ROR has actually said something about a 40 yard out route?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
12-08-2010, 10:36 AM
ROFL. ROR has actually said something about a 40 yard out route?
Posted via Mobile Device

all QB's need to be able to throw at least a 40 yard out...

the good ones can throw an 80 yard out

Chief3188
12-08-2010, 10:43 AM
all QB's need to be able to throw at least a 40 yard out...

the good ones can throw an 80 yard out

That must be why Jamarcus Russell was so good. He could throw an 80 yard out.... Sure his WR was only 40 yards out but by damned he could throw the football really far.

Goldmember
12-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Do you even remember watching Polamalu and Reed as rookies?

Polamalu looked like an absolute bust his rookie year. Berry is going to be the shit.

No, did Polamalu have short hair then? Maybe so.

AirForceChief
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
That must be why Jamarcus Russell was so good. He could throw an 80 yard out.... Sure his WR was only 40 yards out but by damned he could throw the football really far.

Bet Jamarcus could hit that mountain with this steak...if he didn't eat it first.

jettio
12-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Polamalu's rookie season -

2 sacks, 38 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 FF

Troy was so lost in coverage there were plenty of concerns he would be a bust.

Berry so far this season -

69 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 picks, 1 FF

I wish some of you would stop trying to evaluate players like this.

I am not saying that Berry can not get more turnovers, but Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu have shown more knack over their careers for making those kinds of plays than Berry has shown thus far.

Ed Reed is the most gifted player at getting INTs at the safety position. If Berry was half as good as Ed Reed at that and he kept showing the same run support skills that he is already showing he will be an All-Pro.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2010, 05:03 PM

Do you and Saul simply not understand passes that exceed 25 to 30 yards? Is this concept foreign to you?

RealSNR
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Seriously, WTF is wrong with him, eh?

And what's the deal with airline food?

CrazyHorse
01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
A 40 yard out? WTF is that? Is that where a WR runs up the field 40 yards and makes a cut to the sideline on a timing pattern? Because you couldn't wait until he makes his break to throw it. It would be too late.

LOLOL that play would take 7 or 8 seconds to develop.

Not sure Ive seen many of those in my 40 years of watching football.

Fritz88
01-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Seriously, WTF is wrong with him, eh?

And what's the deal with airline food?

I could not be happier to be wrong about him.

|Zach|
01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Do you and Saul simply not understand passes that exceed 25 to 30 yards? Is this concept foreign to you?

ROFL

|Zach|
01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
A 40 yard out? WTF is that? Is that where a WR runs up the field 40 yards and makes a cut to the sideline on a timing pattern? Because you couldn't wait until he makes his break to throw it. It would be too late.

LOLOL that play would take 7 or 8 seconds to develop.

Not sure Ive seen many of those in my 40 years of watching football.

People who know football understand this.

jrobbins 20
01-24-2011, 10:48 AM
U guys are all stupid look at berry at the end of the year tearing shit up, and u guys were talking this shit after 5 games.Earl thomas had a good first half the year then the rest of the time nothing.Where as berry had a monster second half of the season and he is already top 10 in safeties in the nfl.In 2 years he will be the best safety in the nfl, and if u play in the nfl u should always get better he had 13 tackles in that playoff game and 2 passes defended so really berry played better than ed reed did in that game.

Sofa King
01-24-2011, 10:54 AM
U guys are all stupid look at berry at the end of the year tearing shit up, and u guys were talking this shit after 5 games.Earl thomas had a good first half the year then the rest of the time nothing.Where as berry had a monster second half of the season and he is already top 10 in safeties in the nfl.In 2 years he will be the best safety in the nfl, and if u play in the nfl u should always get better he had 13 tackles in that playoff game and 2 passes defended so really berry played better than ed reed did in that game.

Requirements to be met in order to be included in my "Favorite kinds of CP posts."

1. Must start off with "u guys are all stupid"

2. Must contain run on sentences.

3. Must be after the season ends, not before or during the season.

4. Must include ______ player is the best in the NFL.

5. Must include X player for us is better than X player for them based off of a single game.

6. Bonus. Must be posted by someone with very minimal posts.

Dante84
01-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Requirements to be met in order to be included in my "Favorite kinds of CP posts."

1. Must start off with "u guys are all stupid"

2. Must contain run on sentences.

3. Must be after the season ends, not before or during the season.

4. Must include ______ player is the best in the NFL.

5. Must include X player for us is better than X player for them based off of a single game.

6. Bonus. Must be posted by someone with very minimal posts.

You must love Warpaint Illustrated.

Rain Man
01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
All the way back in Week 2, I predicted that Berry would initially have trouble in coverage, but that he'd be strong in run support and would eventually start getting turnovers toward the end of the season, possibly being named an alternate to the pro bowl. Here's the proof: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7380128#post7380128

Sofa King
01-24-2011, 11:23 AM
All the way back in Week 2, I predicted that Berry would initially have trouble in coverage, but that he'd be strong in run support and would eventually start getting turnovers toward the end of the season, possibly being named an alternate to the pro bowl. Here's the proof: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7380128#post7380128

http://www.bassjack.com/images/striper_setup.jpg

Fritz88
01-24-2011, 03:29 PM

ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL

TheGuardian
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
I could not be happier to be wrong about him.

Maybe if you didn't start dumb fuck threads like this and gave rookies time to acclimate to the NFL you wouldn't have to come back in here and say what an idiot you were?

Thanks for playing.

mlyonsd
01-24-2011, 03:39 PM

That was one of the funniest things I've seen on CP.

RealSNR
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
All the way back in Week 2, I predicted that Berry would initially have trouble in coverage, but that he'd be strong in run support and would eventually start getting turnovers toward the end of the season, possibly being named an alternate to the pro bowl. Here's the proof: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7380128#post7380128Everything about this post. From the obscure thread selection to the execution. Wonderful.

michaelj_58
01-24-2011, 06:02 PM
he just made the pro bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!