PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reflections on a Ratfucking

Pages : [1] 2

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
But not by the refs

First, Iím going to bet that about 2000 people blamed Carr on that final catch. If you watch, youíll notice that he was covering Daniels in the short zone. If he would have inexplicably floated to the back pylon before the throw, Schaub has a wide open Daniels walking into the EZ and the result is the same. Donít blame Carr. With that said, Romeo should have locked Flowers on Johnson for the entirety of that drive and not had us play zone in that situation. Berry was in the area too, but that was a schoolyard play, and those are the hardest to defend.

Cassel really fucked us on the last drive. He was near the money all game, and when he had Bowe and Horne wide open, he badly misfired on both, which made us need a Hail Mary for any shot. Oh, and that 3<sup>rd</sup> and 2 call was there, but Cassel made an awful throw to Moeaki. He really screwed the pooch when we needed him the most, and thatís the difference between a franchise QB and Matt Cassel.

I think we had more missed tackles today than every other game this season combined. Playing good offenses will tend to make that happen, but there were some really bad plays on D today. On Wardís run, I counted six missed
tackles.

I know Donald Washington is a n00b FS, but he looked lost in coverage several times, and missed a couple of key tackles, one on the Ward run, and another on Jonesô catch late in the third, where he totally took himself
out of coverage, recovered after the catch, and then blew the stop.

Casselís first TD to Bowe was a great throw and catch. The other two TDs were phenomenal plays by the receivers. Vrabelís was obviously way behind him, and Bowe went SD 2007 on the Texans on his second TD.

If you are going to take something from Boweís performance today, it should be how he responded to adversity. I hope that the people who wanted him run out of town today feel a little foolish, because he is still a game
changing receiving weapon, and he made a number of very difficult catches. He made 3 really good grabs today, and another circus catch that would have been a top 10 highlight had Cassel not lead him out of bounds.

The running game was nails today. Charles started slow and then really picked it up. More than anything, he was much harder to take down today than he was last week, and Jones looked a hell of a lot quicker than he had the
previous two games. And Charles had the greatest 7 yard run in football history.

Itís becoming more and more apparent that the coaches do not trust Cassel whatsoever. Delay of game coming off of a timeout should be a capital offense for a QB. JFC.We were afraid to pass on the first drive, and unless we are in 3rd and 8+ or in a 2 minute drill, we arenít attempting to throw downfield at all. However, the throw he made to Moeaki on 3rd and 7 was exactly where it needed to be.

Brandon Flowers may be the most complete corner in the NFL today. The PI call on him was obviously horrendous, but if itís a no-call, Johnson makes the catch anyway. The elbow in the back was a foul, but itís not normally one that is called. That said, if youíre throwing a flag there, how do you not throw it on Johnson?

DJ missed a couple of tackles today, but he was still all over the place. He played with a shitload of heart, and his athleticismólanding on your feet when getting flipped by an OLówas amazing. Belcher had a less impressive game.

Gilberry was absolutely abused today. He generated no pressure in the passing game, and on running downs he got blown up or taken out by a single blocker nearly every time.

The biggest thing that we need to take away from this game is that we have one outside receiving threat and nothing else, one pass rusher and nothing else, and no QB. Danario Alexander, a guy who many of us pined for and the Rams got off the street in August stepped in today and had 4 catches for 72 yards and a touchdown.

Thatís a really tough loss, but Iím proud of the fire that Flowers showed. The guy isnít a paycheck player. Also, Haley did a masterful job of managing the emotions of the team and the game. Ultimately, our inability to generate pressure on Schaub is why we lost. Vrabel and Studebaker arenít nearly good enough.

Fritz88
10-17-2010, 02:28 PM
As long as everyone on the AFCW is losing, I am fine. We were bound to lose this one anyway.

Douche Baggins
10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Cassel really fucked us on the last drive. He was near the money all game, and when he had Bowe and Horne wide open, he badly misfired on both, which made us need a Hail Mary for any shot. Oh, and that 3<sup>rd</sup> and 2 call was there, but Cassel made an awful throw to Moeaki. He really screwed the pooch when we needed him the most, and that’s the difference between a franchise QB and Matt Cassel.

This x1000.

We shouldn't expect dogshit quarterbacks to win shootouts like today's.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
How could you possibly bad mouth Cassel today?

Donger
10-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Did you write this in some other program and pasted it here?

KCtotheSB
10-17-2010, 02:32 PM

Because it's easy to do. Cassel had a pretty damn good game, regardless of the last drive and 3rd and 2 play.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:32 PM

Because I don't play fantasy football. On the most important throw of the day, the toss to a single covered Moeaki going against a smaller safety, Cassel missed the open man by 3 yards.

He played as well as you could expect him to up to that point. Then, when we put the game in his hands on 3rd and two and the first two plays of the last drive, he missed every throw by a fucking mile.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Did you write this in some other program and pasted it here?

Yeah. I usually type up responses on the game as a whole post mortem and move them over. Avoids post whoring during the game threads.

banyon

It's pretty easy, he choked when the pressure was on. When the pressure was moderate, he was ok today. When it got turned up, he wilted.

Like Hamas said, that's the difference. Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton can pass for a bunch of garbage yards in meaningless lions games too, but when they got close today and the last few weeks, those guys choked too.

johnny961
Yeah. Not enough pressure on Shaub. On those last drives he had lots of time to throw.

Douche Baggins
10-17-2010, 02:34 PM
The biggest thing that we need to take away from this game is that we have one outside receiving threat and nothing else, one pass rusher and nothing else, and no QB.This x2000

Those are arguably the three most important pieces of a modern championship team. Ask the Saints, Colts or Giants.

Brees/Smith/Colston
Manning/Wayne/Freeney
Eli/Plax/Strahan

Hali and Bowe are obviously complementary pieces and Cassel is just a piece (of poo).

Thig Lyfe
I loved how pissed Flowers got about that PI call. He's got a fuckton of heart.

Deberg_1990
They dont trust Cassel, yet they had him try a low pct. throw on the most critical play of the game??

Chocolate Hog
Because I don't play fantasy football. On the most important throw of the day, the toss to a single covered Moeaki going against a smaller safety, Cassel missed the open man by 3 yards.

He played as well as you could expect him to up to that point. Then, when we put the game in his hands on 3rd and two and the first two plays of the last drive, he missed every throw by a ****ing mile.

lol dude he played good and both running backs had 100 yards how can you blame anyone besides the defense is beyond me?

dirk digler
I disagree on the 3rd and 2 play. It didn't fool anyone and Adrian Wilson was in perfect position. It was a stupid play call when they should have run it or did a safe pass.

As far as blaming Cassel on the last drive there was like 28 seconds left and they needed a TD. I think that is a tall order for any QB but B-Richardson didn't even give him a chance because he couldn't even come close to blocking his guy.

The D lost this game though and Berry is playing awful.

wazu
10-17-2010, 02:35 PM

Game was in his hands at the end. He threw two absolutely horrible passes to open receivers, pissing away time and downs and not even giving us a chance. On the last play he didn't even manage to get the ball out of his own hands with time expired.

Donger
Yeah. I usually type up responses on the game as a whole post mortem and move them over. Avoids post whoring during the game threads.

Interesting. Nice summation, BTW.

Thig Lyfe

Because he played like shit when the game was on the line?

SenselessChiefsFan

Every loss is Cassel's fault. Please catch up.

Molitoth
10-17-2010, 02:36 PM

I hate Cassel and I think he did an alright job today. He put the team in position to win, and the defensive gameplan by Crennel totally dicked us. The refs missed calls were also not helpful.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 02:36 PM
It's pretty easy, he choked when the pressure was on. When the pressure was moderate, he was ok today. When it got turned up, he wilted.

Like Hamas said, that's the difference. Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton can pass for a bunch of garbage yards in meaningless lions games too, but when they got close today and the last few weeks, those guys choked too.

Stick to politics fucktard how many third downs did he convert today?

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 02:37 PM
So when your defense gives up 4 straight touchdowns it's the QBs fault the team loses? This is amazing logic.

Coach
10-17-2010, 02:37 PM
They dont trust Cassel, yet they had him try a low pct. throw on the most critical play of the game??

This. Absolutely this. On a 3rd and two, and they tried to get a 15 yarder.

Logic Fail.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
It's becoming apparent they know something about the defense that we didn't know 2 straight games they go for it on 4th down in the red zone.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
FWIW, don't think of this as a piss on Matt Cassel thread. He failed when we needed him the most, but does that really surprise anyone? I just think it's foolish to praise someone who put up 3 quarters of great dink and dunk stats who shrivels when he has to make a difficult throw.

Yes, the 3rd and 2 call was a low percentage play. Yes, running it was the better choice. But with that having been said, Cassel had good protection a receiver in single coverage against a shitty safety and he had him if he put the ball there. It wasn't a terribly difficult throw.

Yes, the defense deserves blame, but when you play against a good QB with dynamic receivers and you have one pass rusher on the roster, that is what happens.

tk13
10-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't think Cassel is a franchise guy but he clearly played well enough to win today. He plays like he did today and we will make the playoffs. That 3rd and 2 was a tough call. Have somebody run right and throw across his body to the left across the field is a tough play for anyone. Why not go back to the slant or any of the 8 million plays over the middle that were open... or if you have to roll him out bring Moaeki to his side of the field. Anybody blaming him for that last Hail Mary needs to swallow a running chainsaw. They rushed 3 guys and Richardson gets beat right off the line.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 02:39 PM
So when your defense gives up 4 straight touchdowns it's the QBs fault the team loses? This is amazing logic.

I hate Cassel as much as anyone but he didn't lose this game the D did and they were playing 11 on 12

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM

Nobody is saying the defense isn't to blame. But let's not pretend like Cassel came through in the clutch. He didn't. He just doesn't have what it takes to pull a game out.

Tribal Warfare

and when they did he assfucked the offense all the way to buttrapedville population Cassel + offense.

Chocolate Hog
Hamas is right the pass rush is fucking pathetic and I think the lack of a Nose Tackle is starting to show.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Far too many false dichotomies running around here. We lost this game as a team. Period. It's not the D's fault and their fault alone, nor is it Cassel's fault and his alone. Yes, coaching hurt us at points, but you can't pillory Romeo this week when you were ready to bronze his dick 4 hours ago. Sometimes the players don't execute, and sometimes we don't have enough horses to execute.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Interesting. Nice summation, BTW.

Thank you.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
And today showed the 4 big holes on this team - QB, Pass Rush, Nose Tackle, and 2nd WR.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Hamas is right the pass rush is fucking pathetic and I think the lack of a Nose Tackle is starting to show.

Nose tackle? How about linebackers that can actually rush the passer?

Vrabel shouldn't have been on the field, period. Studebaker once again made plays, yet he was in for Hali?

No Kendrick Lewis also hurt this team.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Far too many false dichotomies running around here. We lost this game as a team. Period. It's not the D's fault and their fault alone, nor is it Cassel's fault and his alone. Yes, coaching hurt us at points, but you can't pillory Romeo this week when you were ready to bronze his dick 4 hours ago. Sometimes the players don't execute, and sometimes we don't have enough horses to execute.

When you give up 35 points and 4 straight touchdowns its the defenses fault espcially when the offense moved the ball like it did. period. The reality is we beat 3 teams that are inept on offense hopefully we can find a way to make the playoffs though today really hurts.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Nose tackle? How about linebackers that can actually rush the passer?

Vrabel shouldn't have been on the field, period. Studebaker once again made plays, yet he was in for Hali?

No Kendrick Lewis also hurt this team.

The NT got pwnt all day and when I said a pass rusher I was talking about a OLB that can get to the QB.

DaneMcCloud
And today showed the 4 big holes on this team - QB, Pass Rush, Nose Tackle, and 2nd WR.

Fucking Kyle Orton would have the Chiefs at 5-0.

Douche Baggins
As far as blaming Cassel on the last drive there was like 28 seconds left and they needed a TD. I think that is a tall order for any QB but B-Richardson didn't even give him a chance because he couldn't even come close to blocking his guy.

I was very disappointed that we missed out on another Mark Castle hail mary.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 02:50 PM
When you give up 35 points and 4 straight touchdowns its the defenses fault espcially when the offense moved the ball like it did. period. The reality is we beat 3 teams that are inept on offense hopefully we can find a way to make the playoffs though today really hurts.

Do you think Joe Montana was bitching in the huddle at the 8 yard line during Super Bowl XXIII about the 49ers' inability to cover punts? Do you think that he was looking for an out when a holding call put them in first and 20? Or did he nut up and make the passes he needed to make when the team needed him the most.

This should be called the Roethlisberger test. How do you play when your team needs you the most? Can you go 11-24 up until that point but still have enough gumption to thread the needle on a must make, or do you over, under, and throw behind your receivers?

And again, this is not a fucking Matt Cassel thread. This is a team loss. Our run D was not good enough. Our pass D was not good enough. Our coaching was not good enough. And although he was for most of the game, when we needed him, our QB was not good enough.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 02:56 PM
This is a team loss. Our run D was not good enough. Our pass D was not good enough. Our coaching was not good enough. And although he was for most of the game, when we needed him, our QB was not good enough.

The above should not even be considered arguable.

Now I'm off to read through all the "Hali is like DT" posts. I'm sure there should be a shit ton.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I was very disappointed that we missed out on another Mark Castle hail mary.

Is it just me or is that every time we try a hail mary our o-line can't block a 2-3 man rush.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2010, 03:01 PM

We knew Cassel was a hole on this team.

However, this game did not show him as a weakness.

It's becoming a broken record around here. There's a ton of posters (not you Hamas) that only post when Cassel has a shitty play. I rarely see the ones that rag on him post when he's played well. It's like the Mecca rule around here.

Never, ever do I see anything positive regarding the QB.

This game showed that we need a #2 WR, a nose guard, another rush linebacker. We knew we needed a QB a long time ago.

Cassel has his best game, and some want to put some of the blame on him for this one. This offense scored 31 on the road and it was on the defense to hold a lead and they couldn't.

BWillie
10-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Dude, I dislike Cassel as much as anybody but he played a great game. Sure he stunk it up on the final drive but you can't really expect any quarterback to drive down the field and score with the amount of time we had to work with. I realize we were playing a bad pass d but come on.

Saccopoo
10-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Is it just me or is that every time we try a hail mary our o-line can't block a 2-3 man rush.

Ascending.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 03:03 PM
There's a ton of posters (not you Hamas) that only post when Cassel has a shitty play. I rarely see the ones that rag on him post when he's played well. It's like the Mecca rule around here.

I hate him, as a player, as much as, if not more than, anyone, but I offered several complimentary posts in the game thread.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Dude, I dislike Cassel as much as anybody but he played a great game. Sure he stunk it up on the final drive but you can't really expect any quarterback to drive down the field and score with the amount of time we had to work with. I realize we were playing a bad pass d but come on.

I don't think anyone was expecting us to score a TD on that drive. That said, you don't get easier throws than the two he missed, and missing those did cost us.

We had maybe a 4% chance of a TD in that situation. Missing those two throws took it down to .5%

Again, this game should show you the difference between a game manager and a franchise QB. Cassel managed the hell out of this game, given that he was put in the absolute easiest possible position throughout its entirety. There was one point where he was in a tough spot, and he folded.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 03:04 PM

Horne was wide open.

He threw behind Bowe and Moeaki.

If the Chiefs had a competent QB, they would have been in the Red Zone, if not scored the winning TD, when the game ended.

milkman
10-17-2010, 03:05 PM

The biggest complaint is the third down pass that he missed badly when we needed to run out the clock.

But at the end of the day, this loss falls squarely on a defense that couldn't get the job done.

This will be a problem for this team against teams that has the ability to both run and pass.

Mecca
10-17-2010, 03:05 PM
We knew Cassel was a hole on this team.

However, this game did not show him as a weakness.

It's becoming a broken record around here. There's a ton of posters (not you Hamas) that only post when Cassel has a shitty play. I rarely see the ones that rag on him post when he's played well. It's like the Mecca rule around here.

Never, ever do I see anything positive regarding the QB.

This game showed that we need a #2 WR, a nose guard, another rush linebacker. We knew we needed a QB a long time ago.

Cassel has his best game, and some want to put some of the blame on him for this one. This offense scored 31 on the road and it was on the defense to hold a lead and they couldn't.

Yea cause you know that's what I said today.

tk13
10-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Another thing... we need to be able to line up on offense. There were a few occasions today where Cassel would spend most of the pre-snap directing guys where to go instead of trying to read the defense. We're 6 weeks into the season, we should be better than that.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Another thing... we need to be able to line up on offense. There were a few occasions today where Cassel would spend most of the pre-snap directing guys where to go instead of trying to read the defense. We're 6 weeks into the season, we should be better than that.

This is a good point, and Cassel did a nice job, at times, directing traffic. McCluster, I can understand. Bowe, however, cannot still be having these problems.

Jerm
10-17-2010, 03:07 PM

And it cost us one TO that would've been crucial to have on that last drive.

milkman
10-17-2010, 03:08 PM

This has been a problem even going back to the days of Vermeil.

It doesn't make sense.

dirk digler
Horne was wide open.

He threw behind Bowe and Moeaki.

If the Chiefs had a competent QB, they would have been in the Red Zone, if not scored the winning TD, when the game ended.

You're crazy. Just checked we had :22 seconds left with 1 TO and and at the 39 yd line.

OnTheWarpath58
Spot on in this thread, Hamas.

Coach
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
And it cost us one TO that would've been crucial to have on that last drive.

Wasn't that the same drive where KC got penalized for delay of game?

JoeyChuckles
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
So what are everyone's thoughts on J-Ville next week?

Coach
10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
You're crazy. Just checked we had :22 seconds left with 1 TO and and at the 39 yd line.

But the throw to Horne was a corner route, and if Horne caught that, assuming he's smart, he would had gotten out of bounds. That would have been what, a 15 yard pick up, give or take?

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 03:13 PM

So, you think it's impossible for a QB to throw a 19 yard pass in 22 seconds to get to the Red Zone?

Are you joking or high?

Jerm
10-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Wasn't that the same drive where KC got penalized for delay of game?

Yup...it was coming off said TO.

kstater
10-17-2010, 03:14 PM

I think it may be the fastest game of the year time wise. Over by 2:30

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM
So, you think it's impossible for a QB to throw a 19 yard pass in 22 seconds to get to the Red Zone?

Are you joking or high?

He could stick the ball up his butt and shoot it out of his ass that is possible as well.

WilliamTheIrish
10-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I thought the 3rd and two call was brilliant. Mo used his body to screen Wilson and he was open. It's a play I expect a NFL QB to make regardless of the %'s.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2010, 03:18 PM

If they can come back from two tough road losses and beat them convincingly, they're contenders. If they come out flat and lose, they're a total fucking fluke and we might be back to square one.

A good team would beat JAX at home by at least two touchdowns coming off a loss like this one. I really hope this is a good team.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I thought the 3rd and two call was brilliant. Mo used his body to screen Wilson and he was open. It's a play I expect a NFL QB to make regardless of the %'s.

Given the debate about Brokaki quitting on the play, it needs to be GIFed up. Like WTI, I thought it fuck up was on Cassel (dusts William's coat).

Frazod
10-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't blame Cassel at all, unless that fucking 3rd and 2 play was his idea.

Despite all the other factors, that was No. 1 reason we lost. We run for two yards, get the first down, the game is either over or so close to over that they can't get down the field to score or tie.

Shitty refs? Bad defense? Sure, they were factors. But that one call ruined us.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2010, 03:21 PM

Jacksonville has had our number for years. They are essential the Martyball Chiefs with less talent overall. It will be a big test. Chiefs should win, especially at Arrowhead.

L.A. Chieffan
Albert did a good job on Williams.

tk13
Given the debate about Brokaki quitting on the play, it needs to be GIFed up. Like WTI, I thought it **** up was on Cassel (dusts William's coat).

When I first saw it live, I thought it was a miscommunication and Moaeki stopped when Cassel thought he was supposed to keep going. Seeing the replay a couple times, I'm not so sure. Maybe it was just an overthrow. We'll probably never really know.

Chief_in_Commander
10-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I haven't read through this thread or the Official game thread so if this was said then sorry, but this is entirely Cassel's fault.....On that 3rd and 2 play Cassel had a guy crossing over the middle of the field with his arm up in the air calling for the ball and Cassel had made a pre-snap decision to throw to Moeaki.....Cassel is garbage most of the time, he played better today but not good enough....simple as that

WilliamTheIrish
10-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I liked the fact they put the game in Cassel's hands at that point. "Make a play". He had an open man. And seriously, how difficult was that throw? It's a toss Mark Vlasic could have made. Or DeHack.

As a disclaimer I do not blame Cassel for this loss. But I do agree that it showed very clearly what he is capable of as a NFL QB.

milkman
10-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I liked the fact they put the game in Cassel's hands at that point. "Make a play". He had an open man. And seriously, how difficult was that throw? It's a toss Mark Vlasic could have made. Or DeHack.

As a disclaimer I do not blame Cassel for this loss. But I do agree that it showed very clearly what he is capable of a NFL QB.

I just wanted to quote this because I think it reflects my thoughts as well.

Bearcat
10-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Moeaki also pulled up on the 3rd and 2 play... I know people want to blame Cassel for everything, but his throw was just a third of the fail on that play.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
I liked the fact they put the game in Cassel's hands at that point.

Man, I sure don't. I don't mind aggressive playcalling, but when you run as effortlessly as the Chiefs were today, there's no reason not to go back to that well on 3rd & 2.

kcfanXIII
10-17-2010, 03:28 PM

this was a team loss. the defense wilted, cassel didn't show up when he was needed. there were a few questionable offensive play calls. the refs made some mistakes at very inopportune times. you can't pin this on one thing or one person. but you can't excuse mistakes by any to try and say another is to blame. in my eyes, both cassel and the defense should share equal blame, and i hope haley makes them all run gassers when they get back to kc.

Phobia
10-17-2010, 03:31 PM

You can't? Why not?

milkman
10-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Man, I sure don't. I don't mind aggressive playcalling, but when you run as effortlessly as the Chiefs were today, there's no reason not to go back to that well on 3rd & 2.

On third and short, there weren't any effortless runs today.

They continually stuffed us on third and short runs.

BCD
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't blame Cassel at all, unless that fucking 3rd and 2 play was his idea.

Weis and Co. gave up 21 points in the 4th? I love our young D, but they got their ass handed to them today.

Tuckdaddy
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Defense lost this game pure and simple. Our offense is the only reason it was winable but they were one play short. I love how our d has played this year but today was bad. Can't be great every game.

Hug it Out Dan
10-17-2010, 03:45 PM
This is the kind of team Herm Edwards would love. A QB who can manage the game, and if the defense can play well and we can move the chains mainly by running the ball, you have a chance on the road.

In the first half we were that kinda team.

2nd half was a much different story. Our defense broke the fuck down, let up a few key huge plays, and when/if we get into a shootout, we don't have a good QB to help us win in those situations. That PI call took all the wind out of the defense's sails, whatever remaining amount that was left. Gotta blame the defense for this loss. You're supposed to win when you score more than 30pts one would think.

Our Dline just got abused in the 2nd half. Just completely abused. Ron Edwards got blown off the ball time after time again, we need a true NT. That's just the bottom god damn line. We need a large big fat motherfucker to plug up the middle. Shit I would make a trade w/ Baltimore for one, they have a surplus of 34 interior lineman.

Safety play in this game was horrible. Where's Eric Berry? Jon Mcgraw is playig better than him by a considerable margin IMO....Jon fucking McGraw. Berry has talent, needs to get his shit together. I know he's a rookie, but damn he's been horrible more times than not.

Rigodan
10-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I haven't read through this thread or the Official game thread so if this was said then sorry, but this is entirely Cassel's fault.....On that 3rd and 2 play Cassel had a guy crossing over the middle of the field with his arm up in the air calling for the ball and Cassel had made a pre-snap decision to throw to Moeaki.....Cassel is garbage most of the time, he played better today but not good enough....simple as that

This. When they showed the replay from the endzone you can see someone wide open running across the middle of the field. With an accurate pass he probably could have had a td.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Fuck it.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I am surprised some of the people on here (those blaming Cassel) are even smart enough to set up their home networks to get online.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I am surprised some of the people on here (those blaming Cassel) are even smart enough to set up their home networks to get online.

Wait....what?

You mean some people set up their own network?

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 04:07 PM

Yeah, Cassel didn't shit the bed on the final possession.

It was his wide open receivers that blew a chance at a win.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Wait....what?

You mean some people set up their own network?Is the world wide web something from those Spider-Man comics that all the kids read?

Douche Baggins
10-17-2010, 04:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b654e7/Chiefs-vs-Texans-highlights

1:45

Cassel definitely overthrows Moeaki.

And look at Bowe. He's open. More open than Moeaki. There's no safety, everyone was down in the box.

Doubly whammy on Casshole.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:08 PM
How many points did the Texans score in the 4th quarter????????????

</post>
10-17-2010, 04:09 PM
How many points did the Texans score in the 4th quarter????????????

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Is the world wide web something from those Spider-Man comics that all the kids read?

I never thought of that.

Stan Lee is an evil genious.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:11 PM

Seems like it is tough to win games when you give up 21 points in the 4th. It is not like the Chiefs were scoreless either

Smed1065
10-17-2010, 04:12 PM
This x1000.

We shouldn't expect dogshit quarterbacks to win shootouts like today's.

Or say that a defense is rested after losing 3 quarters.

So they will be great.

Douche Baggins
10-17-2010, 04:12 PM

This isn't hard, dude.

Cassel makes 15 million fucking dollars this year.

He had a chance to basically end the game with one throw.

He fuckin' blew it.

And regardless of the chances of a comeback with 28 seconds left, his shit passing on the final drive only showcases his well-documented shittiness.

http://prideinutah.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/judge-gavel.jpg.gif

crazycoffey
10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Seems like it is tough to win games when you give up 21 points in the 4th. It is not like the Chiefs were scoreless either

hmmm, interesting. So it's all the defense's fault, when in the second half the offense couldn't move the ball anymore?

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Did we miss Chambers at all today? Is it possible we're better with McCluster on the field on an every-down basis?

Smed1065
10-17-2010, 04:16 PM
This isn't hard, dude.

Cassel makes 15 million fucking dollars this year.

He fuckin' blew it.

And regardless of the chances of a comeback with 28 seconds left, his shit passing on the final drive only showcases his well-documented shittiness.

Yes we pay the defense like a $100 a year.

Oh take the money reason. Top how many picks on defense?

Can you become a charger fan? You are a dumb ass and TG for your videos. Would be banned otherwise.

Smed1065
10-17-2010, 04:18 PM
hmmm, interesting. So it's all the defense's fault, when in the second half the offense couldn't move the ball anymore?

Just saying all year its been the defense for wins.

I mean a 21 point lead in the 4th is a defense problem.

No?

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:18 PM
This isn't hard, dude.

Cassel makes 15 million ****ing dollars this year.

He ****in' blew it.

You blame the last hail mary on Cassel? Your answer tells me all I need to know about whether Cassel even has a chance or you have predetermined where the blame will go.

Pawnmower
10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
I think gochiefs might be drunk right now, I don't usually see him like this.

dirk digler
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b654e7/Chiefs-vs-Texans-highlights

1:45

Cassel definitely overthrows Moeaki.

And look at Bowe. He's open. More open than Moeaki. There's no safety, everyone was down in the box.

Doubly whammy on Casshole.

After looking at the play he should have went to Bowe but the play was designed for Moeki as they were trying to sneak him out on the backside. But that throw was probably a 30 yd throw going right to left and Wilson was right there to break it up.

It just reinforces in my mind that was a stupid play call

Douche Baggins
You blame the last hail mary on Cassel? Your answer tells me all I need to know about whether Cassel even has a chance or you have predetermined where the blame will go.

Please, please try to understand. I'm talking about his overthrow to Moeaki.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Cassel haters have no logic. . . they just hate. Think of how much money all the first round picks on the chiefs' D make. . . then tell me about how much Cassel makes.

crazycoffey
Just saying all year its been the defense for wins.

I mean a 21 point lead in the 4th is a defense problem.

No?

just making an argument that offense could've held the ball longer and taking time off the clock so there's not even a chance for Houston to score three times.

No?

Pawnmower

I wouldn't say ALL, but the majority of the blame does lie with them. The vast majority for the blame of this loss. 30 points and a pretty big lead towards the end of the game....They allowed 4 TD's in a row. You don't think the majority of the blame lies with the D on this one?

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Please, please try to understand. I'm talking about his overthrow to Moeaki.

Moeaki wasn't open. I would listen to an argument that he threw to the wrong place, but the throw itself was not an issue.

Douche Baggins
10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Cassel haters have no logic. . . they just hate. Think of how much money all the first round picks on the chiefs' D make. . . then tell me about how much Cassel makes.

Who gives a fuck? He's the fucking quarterback and one of the highest-paid in the league.

Expect more.

Douche Baggins
10-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Moeaki wasn't open. I would listen to an argument that he threw to the wrong place, but the throw itself was not an issue.

So Cassel made the decision to throw to someone who wasn't open with the game on the line.

Brilliant! Great fucking QB we have there.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM

Moeaki had the safety sealed off.

That throw was absolutely pathetic.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM
So Cassel made the decision to throw to someone who wasn't open with the game on the line.

Brilliant! Great ****ing QB we have there.

Probably was a brilliant play call too? Disagree???

The Bad Guy
10-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Yea cause you know that's what I said today.

You tuck your tail and run when your opinions are proven to be wrong.

It's the same theory. I'm not talking about you in this instance, but your prior behaviors.

Cassel played a fine game today, but there are people that ignored posting about that during the game only to criticize at the end.

Douche Baggins
Probably was a brilliant play call too? Disagree???

It was a brilliant play call.

Too bad every play call requires execution.

KC kid
I tend to not blame the 2-3 bad plays cassel made as to why the Chiefs lost. I blame the 20 bad plays the Chiefs' D made in the 4th quarter

KCChiefsFan88
The defense was generally Greg Robinson-caliber pathetic today. No consistent pass rush, and mistackles galore (there were at least 7 mistackles on the Ward TD run alone).

The Chiefs special teams... especially on kickoffs were also shitty. The Chiefs essentially gift-wrapped a start at the 50 yard line for a potent offense with the poorly executed short corner kickoff.

Cassel was solid... but still left potential big plays out there with poorly thrown passes (especially on some of those quick hit passes/screen plays).

Overall I am actually coming out of this game on an optimistic note. If the Chiefs can put together today's offense with last week's defense, they should be able to put together 10+ wins against the likes of Jacksonville, Buffalo, Denver, Oakland, Arizona, Seattle, and St. Louis.

KC kid

That was a horrid call and you know it

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM

It was a horrible play call that didn't fool anyone. It was basically a 30 yd pass to get 2 yds

Douche Baggins
10-17-2010, 04:28 PM
That was a horrid call and you know it

Why are you ignoring the fact that the play call worked?

If Cassel makes a decent throw instead of lobbing it towards the bleachers, Moeaki has a chance.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Damn, 122 QB rating

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:29 PM

If Cassel makes a decent throw instead of lobbing it towards the bleachers, Moeaki has a chance.

Moeaki was not fucking open

WilliamTheIrish
10-17-2010, 04:29 PM

Yes he was. Was running five yards free of coverage? Hell no. But he was open one on one against Wilson. He had Wilson - a smaller body - effectively shielded. The throw wasn't that difficult. It's a throw I expect a NFL QB to make.

kysirsoze
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM

I don't think anyone expected Cassel to do it, no. I would have been absolutely stunned. There are plenty of QBs, however, that could do that and have.

Bearcat
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM

The product of a brilliant play call looks something like an offensive lineman escorting your quarterback 70 yards for the touchdown because everyone in the stadium expected a run up the gut..... that didn't quite happen, as the Texans had it covered.

An inept QB throwing to a covered TE against a worn down defense that's given up 230 yards rushing is not brilliant, and you know it.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:32 PM
The product of a brilliant play call looks something like an offensive lineman escorting your quarterback 70 yards for the touchdown because everyone in the stadium expected a run up the gut..... that didn't quite happen, as the Texans had it covered.

An inept QB throwing to a covered TE against a worn down defense that's given up 230 yards rushing is not brilliant, and you know it.

At least someone uses their brain!!!

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:34 PM

It didn't work and was a horrible call.

BCD
10-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Cassel played a fine game today, but there are people that ignored posting about that during the game only to criticize at the end.He did play a fine game. To bad he choked at the end.

BCD
10-17-2010, 04:35 PM
It didn't work and was a horrible call.Its a genius call if its converted, though. Right?

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:36 PM
In my mind, the mistakes Cassel made were:

1. Missing a wide open receiver on the sideline on the last drive
2. Having to use a timeout to avoid a delay of game
3. Throwing a horrible screen pass off McCluster's helmet

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Once again, tell me how many third and short yardage situations the Chiefs converted by running the ball?

The PA pass is a good play call.

A good pass to a TE that has the safety shielded is a win on that play.

A QB who sees the entire field is a win on that play.

I am in no way blaming Cassel for the loss.

This was a team effort.

But as Hamas points out, that play illustrates the difference between a franchise QB and Matt Cassel.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Its a genius call if its converted, though. Right?

Yes, the play is a great call because it COULD HAVE WORKED IF MOEAKI HAD MADE AN AMAZING PLAY TO WARD OFF WILSON AND CATCH THE BALL, but we hadn't been running the ball well all day, so I understand why they resorted to trickeration

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Damn, 122 QB rating

You're fucking stupid.

Cassel is paid $15 million dollars a year to WIN games for the Chiefs, not shit the bed.

He shit the bed on the final possession, plain and simple.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Its a genius call if its converted, though. Right?

It would have been looked like a risky call.

It was a high reward high risk play. The safe play would have to run it or throw a safe pass. You just need 2 yds not 30

milkman
Yes, the play is a great call because it COULD HAVE WORKED IF MOEAKI HAD MADE AN AMAZING PLAY TO WARD OFF WILSON AND CATCH THE BALL, but we hadn't been running the ball well all day, so I understand why they resorted to trickeration

How many third and short yardage situations had they converted by running the ball?

The Texans had stuffed us on nearly every third and short run throughout the game.

Almost every third down conversion came via the pass.

KC kid
You're ****ing stupid.

Cassel is paid $15 million dollars a year to WIN games for the Chiefs, not shit the bed.

Glenn Dorsey (pick a high paid Chiefs defender here) gets paid 13 million a year to let them score 21 fourth quarter points and not make a single play to win the game. He shit the bed the entire fourth quarter

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:41 PM

It was a high reward high risk play. The safe play would have to run it or throw a safe pass. You just need 2 yds not 30

So Matt Cassel converts a ton of passes and that is held against him as to why it is a good call later in the game????

DaneMcCloud
Glenn Dorsey (pick a high paid Chiefs defender here) gets paid 13 million a year to let them score 21 fourth quarter points and not make a single play to win the game. He shit the bed the entire fourth quarter

Oh, just shut the fuck up.

KC kid
Oh, just shut the **** up.

fuck you bitch

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:42 PM

The problem is that Cassel decided he was going to Moeaki from snap.

He never looked anywhere else.

But even that would not have mattered had he thrown the ball in front of Moeaki and the safety, because Moeaki had position.

It was a pathetic pass, plain and simple.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:43 PM
How many third and short yardage situations had they converted by running the ball?

The Texans had stuffed us on nearly every third and short run throughout the game.

Almost every third down conversion came via the pass.

In my mind why not run it and if you don't get it go for it on 4th down

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:44 PM

Probably would have run some more time off the clock too, but noooooo we wanna pass. Look, he is not Peyton Manning. He should not have to be for people to think he had a good game

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM

Not in that position at that point in the game.

You convert or punt.

There is no other option.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM

Especially since we had not stopped them in 3 straight possessions. Once I saw Colquitt, I knew we had lost.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:46 PM
The problem is that Cassel decided he was going to Moeaki from snap.

He never looked anywhere else.

But even that would not have mattered had he thrown the ball in front of Moeaki and the safety, because Moeaki had position.

It was a pathetic pass, plain and simple.

He would have had to throw it short because Wilson was right there to make the play. But a LB was a few yds in front of Moeki so he had to get it over him.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2010, 04:46 PM

Play action was the right call, just the wrong execution.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Probably would have run some more time off the clock too, but noooooo we wanna pass. Look, he is not Peyton Manning. He should not have to be for people to think he had a good game

The clock is the one reall good argument that can be made for running in that situation.

But the fact is, even if you run the ball when you fail to convert, you are still going to leave enough time on the clock for the Texans to mount a drive.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Not in that position at that point in the game.

You convert or punt.

There is no other option.

I don't know. If your D isn't stopping them and your O only needs 2 yds and has been running at huge clips all day long I think they could get 2 yds in 2 plays to end the game.

It is kind of like how the 2003-2004 Chiefs Offense had to play because they couldn't trust the d.

milkman
He would have had to throw it short because Wilson was right there to make the play. But a LB was a few yds in front of Moeki so he had to get it over him.

Cassel was making good throws all day.

He picked a terrible time to revert to Crapsel.

KC kid
The clock is the one reall good argument that can be made for running in that situation.

But the fact is, even if you run the ball when you fail to convert, you are still going to leave enough time on the clock for the Texans to mount a drive.

but you make them use a timeout or run it to the 2 min warning. Of course, the way the D played, they only needed 60 seconds. The gone in 60 seconds defense today

Bearcat
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
You're ****ing stupid.

Eh, I wouldn't blame any QB for not driving 61 yards in :28 for a GW TD... yeah, Cassel shit the bed on that drive, but winning the game at that point is a lofty expectation, if not a unreasonable one, for any quarterback.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know. If your D isn't stopping them and your O only needs 2 yds and has been running at huge clips all day long I think they could get 2 yds in 2 plays to end the game.

It is kind of like how the 2003-2004 Chiefs Offense had to play because they couldn't trust the d.

You simply don't risk leaving them that short a field.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Play action was the right call, just the wrong execution.

I am not opposed to a play action pass just not the one we ran.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:51 PM
People make too much a fuss about what Cassel makes. There are lots of highly paid players on that D that choked the game away. People just can't stand Cassel because of personal prejudice and do not even WANT to see him succeed

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:51 PM
I am not opposed to a play action pass just not the one we ran.

I agree

Buehler445
10-17-2010, 04:52 PM
The biggest thing that we need to take away from this game is that we have one outside receiving threat and nothing else, one pass rusher and nothing else, and no QB. Danario Alexander, a guy who many of us pined for and the Rams got off the street in August stepped in today and had 4 catches for 72 yards and a touchdown.

Thatís a really tough loss, but Iím proud of the fire that Flowers showed. The guy isnít a paycheck player. Also, Haley did a masterful job of managing the emotions of the team and the game. Ultimately, our inability to generate pressure on Schaub is why we lost. Vrabel and Studebaker arenít nearly good enough.

Pretty much this. Good takes Hamas.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:53 PM
I definitely agree that we need help at pass rush. Hali and Vrabel were MIA today

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:54 PM
but you make them use a timeout or run it to the 2 min warning. Of course, the way the D played, they only needed 60 seconds. The gone in 60 seconds defense today

That leads me back to my original point.

After ten years of Marty's playing not to lose mentality, I am not going to get upset with aggressive play calling in an attempt to win.

The play call wasn't the problem.
The execution was.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 04:55 PM
That leads me back to my original point.

After ten years of Marty's playing not to lose mentality, I am not going to get upset with aggressive play calling in an attempt to win.

The play call wasn't the problem.
The execution was.

Yeah, but that borders on demanding they go for it on fourth as well. The defense just needed to make ONE play today in the 4th quarter. It did not happen.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Eh, I wouldn't blame any QB for not driving 61 yards in :28 for a GW TD... yeah, Cassel shit the bed on that drive, but winning the game at that point is a lofty expectation, if not a unreasonable one, for any quarterback.

JFC, people.

I didn't state that he needed to score a TD, although THAT'S what SHOULD be expected of a 28 year-old being paid $15 million a year.

But he fucking SHIT THE BED.

He missed wide open receivers. He took a sack to end the game.

The Chiefs had a chance to win but Cassel couldn't even get them in the Red Zone. He fucking sucks.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah, but that borders on demanding they go for it on fourth as well. The defense just needed to make ONE play today in the 4th quarter. It did not happen.

And while I wouldn't agree with the decision to go for it on 4th down in a situation like that, I also would not be bitching about it either.

I absolutely hated Marty, and herman fucking Edwards.

I never want to play not to lose ever again.

I can forgive mistakes of aggression.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Especially since we had not stopped them in 3 straight possessions. Once I saw Colquitt, I knew we had lost.

Also, on that note, what the fuck was wrong with Colquitt? The guy had two really good opportunities to pin the Texans within the 5 and they sharply bit into the end zone.

QuikSsurfer
10-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Whatever fuck Cassel. TE had sealed the defender and was open.. Horrible pass.
The defense played Greg Robinson style with all the mistackling.

Come on Jags.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Also, on that note, what the **** was wrong with Colquitt? The guy had two really good opportunities to pin the Texans within the 5 and they sharply bit into the end zone.

Our special teams were far from special today

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Also, on that note, what the **** was wrong with Colquitt? The guy had two really good opportunities to pin the Texans within the 5 and they sharply bit into the end zone.

Carr is the most underrated player on this team, and Colquitt is the most overrated. Good punter, but not elite.

el borracho
10-17-2010, 05:13 PM
People make too much a fuss about what Cassel makes. There are lots of highly paid players on that D that choked the game away. People just can't stand Cassel because of personal prejudice and do not even WANT to see him succeed

No, it is not personal. The guy just isn't good enough.

This game was not his fault, but the last (failed) offensive drive was his fault. Even if you do not like the play call, the play was there and a good QB would have made the throw. Is that difficult to understand?

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 05:20 PM
You're ****ing stupid.

He shit the bed on the final drive that had a 5% chance of working? :rolleyes: Why don't you focus on the defense where we have a million first round picks who gave up 4 straight touchdowns? Eric Berry especially has looked lost in Red Zone coverage.

Guru
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM

Just because Cassel had a good game up to that point doesn't give him a pass for those final 6 plays.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Just because Cassel had a good game up to that point doesn't give him a pass for those final 6 plays.

The final 3 aren't a big deal to me. I agree with most, though, that he has to get that 3rd and 2 right. He had the play there for him and he didn't execute.

BCD
10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I am surprised some of the people on here (those blaming Cassel) are even smart enough to set up their home networks to get online.LMAO The more you post, the more you look like a moron.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 05:27 PM
So Cassel gets blame but what about the fucking defense do all those guys get a pass? This place has became comical it's back to trolling for this guy. Once Houston scored the game was over doesn't matter if it was Matt Cassel or Tom Brady.

BCD
10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
He shit the bed on the final drive that had a 5% chance of working? :rolleyes: Why don't you focus on the defense where we have a million first round picks who gave up 4 straight touchdowns? Eric Berry especially has looked lost in Red Zone coverage.Yes. The D was balls today. It was one of those games. The QB is expected you make plays when it matters. He had a chance to put the game away and failed.

BCD
10-17-2010, 05:30 PM
:facepalm:So Cassel gets blame but what about the fucking defense do all those guys get a pass? This place has became comical it's back to trolling for this guy. Once Houston scored the game was over doesn't matter if it was Matt Cassel or Tom Brady.

DaneMcCloud
Once Houston scored the game was over doesn't matter if it was Matt Cassel or Tom Brady.

Untrue.

milkman
So Cassel gets blame but what about the ****ing defense do all those guys get a pass? This place has became comical it's back to trolling for this guy. Once Houston scored the game was over doesn't matter if it was Matt Cassel or Tom Brady.

There are only a couple of people placing the blame for this loss on Cassel.

This loss was just a team effort, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Most of us discussing Cassel here are simply pointing to a couple of plays that illustrate the difference between Cassel and a franchise QB.

The defense dropped the ball today.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
He shit the bed on the final drive that had a 5% chance of working? :rolleyes: Why don't you focus on the defense where we have a million first round picks who gave up 4 straight touchdowns? Eric Berry especially has looked lost in Red Zone coverage.

Who gives a fuck about the percentages?

He's paid $15 million dollars a year to WIN FUCKING GAMES.

Not shit the bed.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Untrue.

Name me a game in Bradys career where he's came back and scored a TD with 1 timeout and 28 seconds left.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes. The D was balls today. It was one of those games. The QB is expected you make plays when it matters. He had a chance to put the game away and failed.

ROFL

So the 4th down plays Cassel didn't make a play? All those 3rd downs they converted he didn't make a play?

milkman
10-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Untrue.

There are QBs that can lead teams to wins in these situations, but even they wouldn't, or shouldn't, be expected to make the kind of game winning drive you are suggesting that they should.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Name me a game in Bradys career where he's came back and scored a TD with 1 timeout and 28 seconds left.

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

He's paid $15 million a FUCKING YEAR!

He shouldn't fucking shit the bed, overthrow wide open receivers and take a fucking sack on the last play.

Chocolate Hog
:facepalm:

Again name a time when Brady scored a Touchdown with 28 seconds left and had 1 timeout.

KC kid
There are only a couple of people placing the blame for this loss on Cassel.

This loss was just a team effort, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Most of us discussing Cassel here are simply pointing to a couple of plays that illustrate the difference between Cassel and a franchise QB.

The defense dropped the ball today.

I agree with your posts 95 percent of the time

Chocolate Hog
WHO GIVES A ****?

He's paid $15 million a ****ING YEAR!

He shouldn't ****ing shit the bed, overthrow wide open receivers and take a ****ing sack on the last play.

HE SHOULD HAVE STIFFED AFRMED THE UNBLOCKED RUSHER AT THE END AND THREW A LASER FOR A TOUCHDOWN!!!!1!!!

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
There are QBs that can lead teams to wins in these situations, but even they wouldn't, or shouldn't, be expected to make the kind of game winning drive you are suggesting that they should.

As I said earlier, I didn't expect Cassel to win the game but I did expect him not the shit the bed by overthrowing wide open receivers.

He couldn't even put the team in a position to win and that's a bad sign.

el borracho
So Cassel gets blame but what about the ****ing defense do all those guys get a pass? This place has became comical it's back to trolling for this guy. Once Houston scored the game was over doesn't matter if it was Matt Cassel or Tom Brady.

The OP mentions the DC, the pass rush in general and some D players by name. I think most in this thread have said that the D cost us the game today. The reason Cassel gets so much abuse is because he plays the most important position on the team and has had more crap games than good as a Chief.

Once again, this loss was not Cassel's fault but the final drive did exemplify Cassel's lackings. Cassel is not good enough.

BCD
ROFL

So the 4th down plays Cassel didn't make a play? All those 3rd downs they converted he didn't make a play?JFC You're a fucking moron. Go play in traffic...

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Favre to Lewis comes to mind last year but most of the time if a team is trailing by a touchdown with under 30 seconds left they are donezo.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
LMAO The more you post, the more you look like a moron.

Sure thing, sparky

milkman
10-17-2010, 05:44 PM
As I said earlier, I didn't expect Cassel to win the game but I did expect him not the shit the bed by overthrowing wide open receivers.

He couldn't even put the team in a position to win and that's a bad sign.

The poor passes there are a concern.

stevieray
10-17-2010, 05:50 PM
blahblahblahblahblah

you score 31 points on the road, you usually win. defense gave up four consecutive scoring drives, chiefs led that game until 28 seconds into the fourth qtr...

defense choked this game away, period.

It's getting really hard to come to this board and read the complete and utter dishonest BS.

Haley and Pioli have been mocked since day friggen one. the patsification of the chiefs, the process. the right 53. the incessant whining about the front seven. the incessant whining about the oline. least talented roster in the league. DJ misused. Charles misued because of Thomas Jones. Dorsey sucks. Moeaki wasted pick. Tyson Jackson wasted pick. DMC wasted pick. Weis wants Clausen. we should've drafted______________( the biggest waste of time known to man)We suck. We're gonna suck. We'll be lucky to win five games. We're years away from competing. Won our first games in spite of ourselves. Clark hunt is cheap. Clark Hunt doesn't care about winning. Pioli only cares about ex Patriots. Haley has lost the team. Haley is too emotional,etc ad nausem. Defense and ST's won't win all the games (NSS)

...and then after three measley games, that we weren't really "supposed" to win, we're somehow now playoff contenders, and Cassel is the weak link? What a load of shit. ...seems everyone has forgotten what Haley has said all along. WE AREN"T THERE YET...it wasn't going to be pretty, or fancy, or big name players. He wants a complete TEAM..yet everyone expects some friggen miracle when the organization had to be almost completely gutted, coaches and FO included, and rebuilt from the ground up. no patience, no foresight, no big picture... just unrealistic expectations from people who constantly move the goal posts.

Rain Man
10-17-2010, 06:02 PM
i'm on my phone and it's a pain to go through all the pages, but I sure hope berry is getting some heat for this. if an opponent needs a td they should just look for Eric Barely.
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief
10-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Chiefs fans should be proud. This team can compete and contend with any team in the league right now. Two years into this transition, and you all are contenders. That's something to be proud of. I know that you can pick things apart, and a tough loss will make you want to do so... that being said: this franchise is moving in the right direction.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Next Chiefs Kingdom Show this Monday at 7:00 PM!

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
just unrealistic expectations from people who constantly move the goal posts.

I don't think it's unrealistic to ask your QB to complete passes to wide open receivers when the game is on the line, but I guess that's just me.

stevieray
10-17-2010, 06:11 PM
that being said: this franchise is moving in the right direction.

:clap:

stevieray
10-17-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't think it's unrealistic to ask your QB to complete passes to wide open receivers when the game is on the line, but I guess that's just me.

...more BS...
meanwhile it's toally realistic for the defense to give up 28 points when the lead is on the line.

:rolleyes:

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 06:16 PM
the complete and utter dishonest BS.

What are you talking about here?

There are some goofy takes in all the threads, but there's also some solid analysis, which is why places such as this exist.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
JFC You're a ****ing moron. Go play in traffic...

So you can't answer if converting all those 3rd and 4th downs were cruical plays? Don't think too hard by the time you come up with an answer and wipe the drool from your keyboard it'll be bedtime.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
He did play a fine game. To bad he choked at the end.

The defense choked at the end.

Expecting anyone to go 70 yards in 28 seconds is setting some pretty lofty expectations.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 06:19 PM

Still waiting for an answer... And to say he didn't put the team in position to win just isn't true he threw 3 td's and the offense scored 31 points.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2010, 06:20 PM

You're right. He should have.

I don't think it's unrealistic for a defense to hold a lead, but that's just me.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Chiefs fans should be proud. This team can compete and contend with any team in the league right now. Two years into this transition, and you all are contenders. That's something to be proud of. I know that you can pick things apart, and a tough loss will make you want to do so... that being said: this franchise is moving in the right direction.

I agree 100%

To some, we are running in quick sand and lost the division today.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Remember last week when people were begging for Croyle to be the starter?

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 06:22 PM

I don't think it's unrealistic for a defense to hold a lead, but that's just me.

I agree.

I also agree with those that claim that if the offense had done their job in the 4 minute drill, the defense wouldn't have been put in a position to potentially fail.

There's plenty of blame to go around, on both sides of the ball and on the coaching staff.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 06:23 PM
blahblahblahblahblah

you score 31 points on the road, you usually win. defense gave up four consecutive scoring drives, chiefs led that game until 28 seconds into the fourth qtr...

defense choked this game away, period.

It's getting really hard to come to this board and read the complete and utter dishonest BS.

Haley and Pioli have been mocked since day friggen one. the patsification of the chiefs, the process. the right 53. the incessant whining about the front seven. the incessant whining about the oline. least talented roster in the league. DJ misused. Charles misued because of Thomas Jones. Dorsey sucks. Moeaki wasted pick. Tyson Jackson wasted pick. DMC wasted pick. Weis wants Clausen. we should've drafted______________( the biggest waste of time known to man)We suck. We're gonna suck. We'll be lucky to win five games. We're years away from competing. Won our first games in spite of ourselves. Clark hunt is cheap. Clark Hunt doesn't care about winning. Pioli only cares about ex Patriots. Haley has lost the team. Haley is too emotional,etc ad nausem. Defense and ST's won't win all the games (NSS)

...and then after three measley games, that we weren't really "supposed" to win, we're somehow now playoff contenders, and Cassel is the weak link? What a load of shit. ...seems everyone has forgotten what Haley has said all along. WE AREN"T THERE YET...it wasn't going to be pretty, or fancy, or big name players. He wants a complete TEAM..yet everyone expects some friggen miracle when the organization had to be almost completely gutted, coaches and FO included, and rebuilt from the ground up. no patience, no foresight, no big picture... just unrealistic expectations from people who constantly move the goal posts.

This is just blithering drivel, and it seems quite obvious you didn't even read the thread you're bitching in.

Phobia
10-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Safety play in this game was horrible. Where's Eric Berry? Jon Mcgraw is playig better than him by a considerable margin IMO....Jon ****ing McGraw. Berry has talent, needs to get his shit together. I know he's a rookie, but damn he's been horrible more times than not.
McGraw is the guy who lost Andre Johnson in the endzone.

stevieray
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
I also agree with those that claim that if the offense had done their job in the 4 minute drill, the defense wouldn't have been put in a position to potentially fail.

:shake:

Phobia
10-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Expecting anyone to go 70 yards in 28 seconds is setting some pretty lofty expectations.

I didn't expect Cassel to go 70 yards. I expected him to complete a couple of short passes and give the receivers a chance to make somebody miss.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 06:26 PM
...more BS...
meanwhile it's toally realistic for the defense to give up 28 points when the lead is on the line.

:rolleyes:

What? This makes absolutely NO sense.

Cassel plays on the offense: He's not a defensive player.

JFC, your "arguments" really suck.

BCD
10-17-2010, 06:26 PM
...more BS...

:rolleyes:While the D was the main reason we lost. No one is arguing this, really. However, the QB still needs to make plays to put games away when given a shot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I didn't expect Cassel to go 70 yards. I expected him to complete a couple of short passes and give the receivers a chance to make somebody miss.

This is correct. Way too many strawmen floating around here.

KC kid
10-17-2010, 06:35 PM

Yeah, then people would freak out that he did not push the ball down the field after the WRs get tackled 15 yards down the field

BCD
10-17-2010, 06:35 PM

Expecting anyone to go 70 yards in 28 seconds is setting some pretty lofty expectations.I'm talking about the possession before that. The failed 3rd and 2.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 06:38 PM
:shake:

I can only guess that this means you're in the "the offense scored 31 points, therefore they are above blame" camp?

The offense's job was to grind down the clock and end the game in the victory formation.

They failed.

That put the defense on the field - again - who's job was to keep Houston from scoring, particularly keeping them out of the EZ.

They failed.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 06:46 PM

I'm not surprised that the defense had problems today.

Kendrick Lewis, Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee were inactive, leaving the Chiefs thin at defensive end and NT, along with forcing them to use Washington at safety.

Plus, Houston has been a Top Five offensive team for years, so it's unsurprising that they were able to come back.

But with that said, none of it affects Cassel's inability to complete a pass to wide open receivers with the game on the line.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I agree.

There's plenty of blame to go around, on both sides of the ball and on the coaching staff.Oh come on, man, we can't talk about more than one thing at a time. Black and white, either/or, no shades of gray allowed. It taxes our poor neurons.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh come on, man, we can't talk about more than one thing at a time. Black and white, either/or, no shades of gray allowed. It taxes our poor neurons.

LMAO

DeezNutz
I'm not surprised that the defense had problems today.

Kendrick Lewis, Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee were inactive, leaving the Chiefs thin at defensive end and NT, along with forcing them to use Washington at safety.

Plus, Houston has been a Top Five offensive team for years, so it's unsurprising that they were able to come back.

But with that said, none of it affects Cassel's inability to complete a pass to wide open receivers with the game on the line.

I think this hardly mattered. By all reports, he's damn lucky even to have a roster spot.

Rudy lost the toss
I was at the game...unfortunately

Horne ran a poor, lazy route and it cost him. Moeaki was well covered. After all the third down conversions, I was hopeful...but it just wasn't there.

Berry looked bad

stevieray
10-17-2010, 06:56 PM
The offense's job was to grind down the clock and end the game in the victory formation.

They failed.

ya, because that's exactly how every game ends...in the victory formation.

the offense outscored an explosive offense for the majority of that game. if anything the defnse put the offense at a disadvantage, not the other way around. they gave up one huge gain after the other..that's not on the offense.

one defensive stop out of four CONSECUTIVE scoring drives, that game is over...

FAX
10-17-2010, 06:57 PM
This is actually my worst fear regarding Mitch Casswipe ... that he'll play just "good enough" to keep his job. He was more Doody than Howdy today ... particularly on critical snaps.

If we didn't have the kind of quality running backs we have, we wouldn't have much in terms of offense. His tendency to panic and freak out reared its bloody head today once again. Sometimes he looks like a little girl who's seen a rat back there.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM

the offense outscored an explosive offense for the majority of that game. if anything the defnse put the offense at a disadvantage, not the other way around. they gave up one huge gain after the other..that's not on the offense.

one defensive stop out of four CONSECUTIVE scoring drives, that game is over...

Looks like my guess was spot on.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I think this hardly mattered. By all reports, he's damn lucky even to have a roster spot.

I only think it mattered in respect to giving guys a rest from time to time.

I hated the fact they substituted Hali with Studebaker when it was Vrabel that should've taken a seat.

The bottom line is that even though the defense had their worst outing of the season, the Chiefs were in a position to win the game in the fourth quarter.

That is, until Cassel shit himself.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 07:00 PM

one defensive stop out of four CONSECUTIVE scoring drives, that game is over...Yeah, Houston's defense just killed their offense. I can't believe how much of a disadvantage those poor guys were after their _efense gave up 225+ yards rushing and 31 points.

The difference between Houston and KC today?

Our Matt was named Cassel. Their Matt was named Schaub.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 07:01 PM
The bottom line is that even though the defense had their worst outing of the season, the Chiefs were in a position to win the game in the fourth quarter.

I agree.

On the semi-bright side, I have more faith in Romeo's ability to adjust and correct mistakes than I have with any D coordinator in recent memory.

stevieray
10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Looks like my guess was spot on.

whatever you want to think.

when you've lead a game until only 28 seconds is left, and watched your defense let them back in the game, you've done enough to win.

keep playing both sides of the fence. cassel sucks, yet he supoosed to pull a rabbit out of hat his in less than 30 seconds.

DeezNutz

Another FAXtabulator?

OnTheWarpath58
Yeah, Houston's defense just killed their offense. I can't believe how much of a disadvantage those poor guys were after their _efense gave up 225+ yards rushing and 31 points.

But, but, he threw for 200 yards and 3 TD's.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 07:04 PM

when you've lead a game until only 28 seconds is left, and watched your defense let them back in the game, you've done enough to win.

keep playing both sides of the fence. cassel sucks, yet he supoosed to pull a rabbit out of hat his in less than 30 seconds.

I didn't expect him to "pull a rabbit out of hat" but I did expect him to hit wide open receivers when it mattered most.

stevieray
10-17-2010, 07:05 PM

wide open wr's on a drive that gave up the lead.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 07:06 PM

When did I say anything about Cassel pulling a rabbit out of his hat in less than 30 seconds?

I'm talking about the previous possession, where all we had to do is maintain possession and we win the game.

Instead, we go 3-and-out, and run a whopping 55 seconds off the clock, putting our defense back on the field with no rest.

I'm not saying that the defense isn't to blame. Both sides of the ball had a job to do in the last 3:00, and both failed.

To only blame the defense because the offense did their job the other 57 minutes of the game is ridiculous.

milkman
10-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh come on, man, we can't talk about more than one thing at a time. Black and white, either/or, no shades of gray allowed. It taxes our poor neurons.

Okay, is that anything like morons?

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 07:08 PM
wide open wr'sGood point. Thanks. Both teams had wide open receivers. Their Matt hit his at the end of the game. Ours didn't.

Rudy lost the toss
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
I remember Horne running an atrocious route. I might be wrong, but it looked like he tried to sit instead of going towards the sideline. Looked lazy. I mean...I hate cassel, but idk

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM

Bernard Pollard? LMAO

I am so pissed Pioli traded him

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Okay, is that anything like morons?I'd say something witty here but I'm a neuron with limited morons.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I remember Horne running an atrocious route. I might be wrong, but it looked like he tried to sit instead of going towards the sideline. Looked lazy. I mean...I hate cassel, but idk

You remember incorrectly.

There was nothing wrong with the route. Cassel overthrew him badly.

I like our chances a lot more if we're sitting 1st down at Houston's 40 with 20 seconds and a time out left.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Bernard Pollard? LMAO

I am so pissed Pioli traded himI swear my favorite moment of the game was his personal foul on Jones. What a fucking neuron.

I hate that we lost to that sumbitch.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 07:14 PM

I like our chances a lot more if we're sitting 1st down at Houston's 40 with 20 seconds and a time out left.I like our chances a lot more if we score a TD instead of kicking a field goal, and then run the clock out when we get the ball back with 3:30 to go. Although even if we don't convert there we'd be trying to get in range for a winning FG at the end. If we'd scored a TD instead of a field goal.

They were better in the red zone today, though. It's nice to see some 7s going up.

stevieray
10-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Good point. Thanks. Both teams had wide open receivers. Their Matt hit his at the end of the game. Ours didn't.

easy to do when you aren't getting pressure on the QB.

where was Hali? I know lenny mentioned the lack of pressure on schaub thorughout the game.

Rudy lost the toss
10-17-2010, 07:15 PM

I like our chances a lot more if we're sitting 1st down at Houston's 40 with 20 seconds and a time out left.

I don't know... I was at the game and it happened in front of me. It looked like he floated back to the QB when it wasn't necessary. Didn't get to see the replay at the game...did they show a replay of the whole play? It was right in front of me

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't know... I was at the game and it happened in front of me. It looked like he floated back to the QB when it wasn't necessary. Didn't get to see the replay at the game...did they show a replay of the whole play? It was right in front of me

He was wide fucking open and Cassel threw the ball 4 foot above his head.

milkman
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
I'd say something witty here but I'm a neuron with limited morons.

LRonHubbard!

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM

where was Hali? I know lenny mentioned the lack of pressure on schaub thorughout the game.We've all been asking that question all day. You seem to be the only one locked on Cassel.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM

Cassel overthrew him but your timing is off

We got the ball at our 39 with 22 seconds left.

The first short incomplete pass to Bowe left us with 18 seconds

The incomplete pass to Horne left us with 13 seconds

We ended up on their 38 with 4 seconds left and everyone's hero Barry Richardson completely whiffed on his block

(:22) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short middle to 82-D.Bowe.
2-10-KC 39 (:18) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete deep left to 11-J.Horne.
3-10-KC 39 (:13) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 25-J.Charles to HST 38 for 23 yards (31-B.Pollard).
Timeout #3 by KC at 00:04.
1-10-HOU 38 (:04) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel sacked at 50 for -12 yards (91-A.Okoye).

milkman
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM

where was Hali? I know lenny mentioned the lack of pressure on schaub thorughout the game.

The Texans did a great job of scheming to force Hali to fight through traffic on every single snap.

Rudy lost the toss
10-17-2010, 07:22 PM
He was wide ****ing open and Cassel threw the ball 4 foot above his head.

I'll have to see the tv replay...Didn't look as overthrown as some describe. Again...I hate Cassel.

Still think Horne ducked up and has to adjust to a ball thrown to a spot.

FAX
The Vixens' offense is really damn good. They have weapons and they're not afraid to use them. Plus, their offensive line never holds an opposing player. Ever. Not even on runs to the left that gain 20 yards.

Although, for our part, we shouldn't forget just how abysmal the Vixens' secondary and overall pass defense has been. One would expect some success against those guys.

But, so far as I'm concerned, Mutt Cassblow is not off the hook. The word Lenny used today was "composure" ... sadly, Cassclump remains a little light in that department.

I do have to say, however ... in all fairness ... that he did a good job in certain situations today ... a couple of really nice throws and a couple of good decisions. Just enough to make you want to believe in fairies and the little brownie man who lives in the woodpile ...

FAX

BCD

where was Hali? I know lenny mentioned the lack of pressure on schaub thorughout the game.Held most of the time it seemed. Doubled.

Silock
10-17-2010, 07:25 PM

Bullshit. I want him to succeed. Everyone does.

We just know he can't because he sucks.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
I'll have to see the tv replay...Didn't look as overthrown as some describe. Again...I hate Cassel.

Still think Horne ducked up and has to adjust to a ball thrown to a spot.

How can you adjust to a ball that's thrown four foot over your head?

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Held most of the time it seemed.

We need to move past this excuse.

FAX
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM

It has become a weary, old tune, Mr. stevieray, but Hali was grabbed everywhere but on the ass today ... and that's only because his ass is so tight.

Our defense stepped in it today, though. I was surprised that we didn't blitz more often. Come with the corner or safety or somebody, maybe. I trust Romeo, though. I'm sure he had his reasons.

This was a game that, in my mind, was similar in many ways to the Mannings game ... we're playing tough on the road and coming up just a tad short. But overall, I'm encouraged and know that, we could have emerged victorious with a single pick or fumble recovery ... and Flowers almost gave it to us.

We're getting better ... and fast. This team is real and they don't like losing anymore.

FAX

FAX
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
We need to move past this excuse.

I don't see it as an "excuse" though, Mr. DeezNutz. It is what it is.

Regardless of the reasons, though, if Hali can't get to the enemy QB, we need to give him some help. I would gladly suit up and, if necessary, start grabbing junk, by God.

FAX