PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fuck you, Refs!!!! Right up the fucking ass!

petegz28
10-17-2010, 02:41 PM
2 scores by Houston they kept the flag in the pocket when there were blatant, I mean BLATANT penalties.

Ok, we fight back. It's cliche to say good teams play through that stuff but it is hard when 2 scoring plays had blatant penalties but we did nonetheless.

Then probably the most BS call I have ever see. I thought I had seen it last week against DJ and the phantom call that eventually led to an Indy TD.

Today we saw, for the 2nd time in the game, our defender get pushed in the back. Not only was the flag thrown, as opposed to the 1st score by Houston where it never was. It was thrown against Flowers.

WTF????

I know people like to give me shit about my bitching at Refs but seriously this had to be one of the most mind blowing games from an officiation standpoint.

The call on Flowers, had it been made correctly, may not have prevented a loss but it would have prevented the Texans from being in FG range to tie, would have backed up Houston 10 yards and taken away a 31 yard play.

I thought the call last week against DJ was BS. Today's call absolutely leaves one to wonder WTF the Ref that made the call even has a job?

kstater
10-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Is it bad I knew Pete started this thread just by the title?

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah we get fucked every week

mikeyis4dcats.
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
okay, who had 3:41PM in the pool?

steve_minor
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
I hate complaining about the refs. Last week I was mad, but put the lose on us. This week the zebras get the game ball .... Horrible!!!

petegz28
10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah we get ****ed every week

Bad calls are part of the game, I understand that. But 2 on direct scoring plays??? Or should I say 2 non-calls on obvious penalties???

Then the one on Flowers. That one, that one.....I just don't even know WTF to say? Inside 2 min, game on the line and we get called for PI for the WR pushing oru defender in the back???:cuss:

ku_jhawk23
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't understand how anyone can look at a defender running downfield of the receiver can possible cause interference without stopping or reaching behind them. It was obvious that that neither of those happened.

The Chiefs can breathe easy on the fact that the NFL will once again call them on Thursday and say sorry, the call was wrong.....Doesn't that make it better?

MichaelH
10-17-2010, 02:51 PM
You should be good enough to overcome the shit ass calls from the refs. If you don't, then you lose. They don't let you play the game over the next day. Get over it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
You're a self parody at this point.

petegz28
Just for recap:

14 points directly related to non-calls
7 in-directly related to one of the worst calls I have seen

I'd say Houston should be sucking some Zebra cock right now

MichaelH
10-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Just for recap:

I'd say Houston should be sucking some Zebra cock right now

Maybe they are. You know, as a payback for blowing the game. ROFL

kcfanXIII
10-17-2010, 03:01 PM
the loss isn't squarely on the refs. the defense buckled under pressure, the offense couldn't run the clock out when it needed to. cassel, after a pretty good day, reverted back to a scared and scrambling, weak/inaccurate armed backup. there are a lot of reasons the chiefs lost, and the refs are just one of the many.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 03:02 PM
:facepalm:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2010, 03:06 PM
pete, you're like a lot of my shitty students: as soon as anything trivial goes against the grain for you, you always look for an excuse to give up, rather than finding a way to persevere and get your shit done.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
You should be good enough to overcome the shit ass calls from the refs. If you don't, then you lose. They don't let you play the game over the next day. Get over it.

While I would normally agree with you, that blown call was a 41-yard swing on the most important drive of the game.

It should have been 2nd and 20 and at that point, Houston could start playing for the field goal at the worst, while still attacking for the touchdown.

This was a game-changing call.

LaChapelle
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I thought Johnson made the catch anyway
the PI call was meaningless :shrug:

Phobia
10-17-2010, 03:12 PM

He PUSHED OFF to gain separation. Miles Austin just did the same thing vs. the Vikings and had a 60 yard TD called back.

Gracie Dean
10-17-2010, 03:12 PM
don't forget the NON call when Hali's jersey was almost ripped off his body

kcfanXIII
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM

if it gets called correctly the catch doesn't matter. 10 yard penalty from the previous spot, replay the down. so in essence its a 41 yard penalty on the texans, and yes, was definitely meaningful. big time miss by the ref.

Gracie Dean
10-17-2010, 04:35 PM
if it gets called correctly the catch doesn't matter. 10 yard penalty from the previous spot, replay the down. so in essence its a 41 yard penalty on the texans, and yes, was definitely meaningful. big time miss by the ref.

I really thought Haley was going to get tossed...would have been a thing of beauty Flowers almost was too

Chiefs Rool
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
my main question is. Do other teams get screwed as much as we do? Is it just certain teams or does every team get the same thing? If it's just a select handful of teams with terrible calls or no-calls, something must be done. But I don't watch enough football outside of the Chiefs, so I don't know.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Pete, go fist yourself and shut the fuck up

Dartgod
10-17-2010, 04:41 PM
my main question is. Do other teams get screwed as much as we do? Is it just certain teams or does every team get the same thing? If it's just a select handful of teams with terrible calls or no-calls, something must be done. But I don't watch enough football outside of the Chiefs, so I don't know.
Its the NFL, so yes.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 04:57 PM
He PUSHED OFF to gain separation. Miles Austin just did the same thing vs. the Vikings and had a 60 yard TD called back.

And what makes the call worse is that throwing the flag indicates that the refs saw something. If they saw something, they completely misinterpreted.
Nobody would be complaining if it was just a pure non-call.

And I'm going to trust Flowers on this one. I've never seen the guy so PO'ed in my life. For him to react like that, you can bet your damn life it was offensive P.I.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 05:08 PM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x0lJhhlB2A&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x0lJhhlB2A&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Was it offensive pass interference? Yes. Blatant.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 05:08 PM
And what makes the call worse is that throwing the flag indicates that the refs saw something. If they saw something, they completely misinterpreted.
Nobody would be complaining if it was just a pure non-call.

And I'm going to trust Flowers on this one. I've never seen the guy so PO'ed in my life. For him to react like that, you can bet your damn life it was offensive P.I.

Yeah, I think you're taking that about a step too far. It sure as fuck couldn't have been a call against him, and that's why I think he went ape shit. In the heat of the moment, the fact that Johnson actually caught the ball seems to have escaped Flowers.

petegz28
10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
He shoved him with his forearm. We are using basketball rules now.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I think you're taking that about a step too far. It sure as **** couldn't have been a call against him, and that's why I think he went ape shit. In the heat of the moment, the fact that Johnson actually caught the ball seems to have escaped Flowers.

If you watch the play, Flowers had perfect coverage. He was stride for stride. The shove created the small separation necessary to finish the play. Not a coincidence that Flowers drifts a step or two off the coverage after you see Johnson's elbow move.

Flowers is pissed because on a key drive, Johnson cheated to get advantage. And the refs didn't notice. The catch should have been nullified. It is a blatant case of a pushoff. The fact that Flowers is applauding indicates that he was fully expecting an Offensive P.I. call.

I'm not going to use it as an excuse for losing. But it was clearly not only the wrong call, but also a blatant non-call.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
If you watch the play, Flowers had perfect coverage. He was stride for stride. The shove created the small separation necessary to finish the play. Not a coincidence that Flowers drifts a step or two off the coverage after you see Johnson's elbow move.

Flowers is pissed because on a key drive, Johnson cheated to get advantage. And the refs didn't notice. The catch should have been nullified. It is a blatant case of a pushoff. The fact that Flowers is applauding indicates that he was fully expecting an Offensive P.I. call.

I'm not going to use it as an excuse for losing. But it was clearly not only the wrong call, but also a blatant non-call.

You're not going to use it as an excuse for losing, but you're going to continue to whine about it.

Awesome.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 05:21 PM
You're not going to use it as an excuse for losing, but you're going to continue to whine about it.

Awesome.

Are you fucking kidding me?

The refs didn't do their job. It cost us 41 yards at a critical moment in the game. It would have given us a 2nd and 20 situation to defend.

You're goddamn right I'm going to whine about it. Why are you so defensive about people being pissed about the refs hosing our team?

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Are you fucking kidding me?

The refs didn't do their job. It cost us 41 yards at a critical moment in the game. It would have given us a 2nd and 20 situation to defend.

You're goddamn right I'm going to whine about it. Why are you so defensive about people being pissed about the refs hosing our team?

Because instead of blaming the refs, blame Javier Arenas for letting Owen Daniels drag him for 5 yards on 3rd and 10 to extend the drive.

Blame the pass rush. Blame the run defense. Blame the scheme. Blame the offense for not running out the clock.

But blaming the refs when there were MANY other opportunities to win that game is the pussy way out.

Bob Dole
10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I really thought Haley was going to get tossed...would have been a thing of beauty Flowers almost was too

Bob Dole almost got tossed out of the bar, too.

petegz28
10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Because instead of blaming the refs, blame Javier Arenas for letting Owen Daniels drag him for 5 yards on 3rd and 10 to extend the drive.

Blame the pass rush. Blame the run defense. Blame the scheme. Blame the offense for not running out the clock.

But blaming the refs when there were MANY other opportunities to win that game is the pussy way out.

I'm not blaming the Refs for the loss. Just accurately pointing out how they helped Houston score 21 points.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 05:32 PM

I'm by no means happy about the way our defense played today. And yes, you need to overcome bad calls.

But this wasn't some 10-yard holding call. This was a call that 1) allowed the Texans to cheat their way into 31 yards; 2) annulled what should have been a far more difficult 2nd and 20; 3) put the Texans close to field goal range, which meant the pressure was off.

The way the Chiefs played should not excuse the refs from not doing their jobs. It was a blatant miss call and as a ref, you can't give a team 41 yards of advantage on a 2-minute drill drive. If not for the missed call, who's to say the Texans even drive that far down field?

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm by no means happy about the way our defense played today. And yes, you need to overcome bad calls.

But this wasn't some 10-yard holding call. This was a call that 1) allowed the Texans to cheat their way into 31 yards; 2) annulled what should have been a far more difficult 2nd and 20; 3) put the Texans close to field goal range, which meant the pressure was off.

The way the Chiefs played should not excuse the refs from not doing their jobs. It was a blatant miss call and as a ref, you can't give a team 41 yards of advantage on a 2-minute drill drive. If not for the missed call, who's to say the Texans even drive that far down field?

I agree. I posted this in the other thread but Tony Dungy said it was a blatant Offensive PI because he used the forearm to create separation which is the definition of offensive PI. He also said it changed the outcome of the game.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 06:01 PM
I agree. I posted this in the other thread but Tony Dungy said it was a blatant Offensive PI because he used the forearm to create separation which is the definition of offensive PI. He also said it changed the outcome of the game.

It most definitely did. 1st and 10 on the KC 24 in a 3-point game vs. 1st and 20 on the Houston 35 yard line? In a 2-minute drill? The refs pretty much handed Houston at least a tie ball game. That is inexcusable.

I don't know if it changed the outcome of the game. But it made it one hell of a lot easier for Houston to tie the game. If every yard in that situation counts, then 41 yards most certainly counts.

Frazod
10-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Was it a bad call? You bet. The only reason I'm not more pissed about it is because after fucking up that 3rd and 2 play, I knew we were going to lose. Is there anybody out there who didn't?

And frankly, after so horribly fucking that up, we deserved to lose.

Fuck you, Weis. We thought we were hiring the offensive genious from New England. Instead we got the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Rain Man
10-17-2010, 06:06 PM
shouldn't have been a penalty on either player and johnson caught it anyway.

I still can't figure out how we lost. we outplayed them all game and then completely folded up. pathetic.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 06:12 PM

I still can't figure out how we lost. we outplayed them all game and then completely folded up. pathetic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Watch the clip above. Flowers is stride for stride, and suddenly he's not (coincidentally after Johnson's forearm moves forward). You also see Flowers go from perfect stride to off-balance.

As Tony Dungy said, "that's the definition of offensive pass interference." Johnson cheated to get advantage. That's fine, but it's got to be called. It should have been first and 20 from the Houston 35.

luv
10-17-2010, 06:16 PM
If our defense would have played for 60 minutes, any calls/non-calls wouldn't have been a factor.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
If our defense would have played for 60 minutes, any calls/non-calls wouldn't have been a factor.

Change "defense" to "team", and the chick gets it.

siberian khatru
10-17-2010, 06:21 PM

Yep. There was a lot of pooch-screwing in the last 7 minutes.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 06:27 PM

A pitcher should be able to get a hitter out in the Major Leagues. That doesn't mean that the umpire should screw up and accidentally give the hitter an aluminum bat.

The ref gave the Texans 41 yards. That's about as big of a screw-up as you're going to find. That's like 10 Matt Cassel completions.

Chiefshrink
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Refs are a non-factor "IF" we get first downs and run the clock out. But when our O CAN'T "FINISH THE F'N GAME" and our "D" decides to check it in shortly after half time then sh** like this happens!:grr:

Bottom line: Just the opposite happened this W/E; Our O shows up and puts enough points on the board to win but our "D" was caught reading their press clippings from last week during the second half thinking the Texans would lay down once it was 21-7. No way Schaub and AJ are better than PM and crew but our D's intensity let down in the second half no doubt. Vermeil's D revisted IMO or lack thereof.

Saving grace is that everyone else in the AFC West lost as well but we lost a chance at extending our lead as well. Depends on how you want to look at it.

luv
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM

Eh, I don't think our offense cost us the game. Few Cassel fuck ups, but that's to be expected.

Chiefshrink
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Let's hope Haley and Crew can get both sides of the ball to consistently show up week in and week out after this one that got away. But this loss may be a blessing in disguise because this one will emotionally hurt immensely and hopefully our Chiefs have learned a lesson because you know that plane ride home will be a loooooooooooooong one.

luv
10-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I'll just make this my bitching thread. I hated the announcers today. Aside from saying they thought the Chiefs were for real, they were totally one-sided.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Eh, I don't think our offense cost us the game. Few Cassel fuck ups, but that's to be expected.

Welp, I guess the chick doesn't get it.

The offense's job with 3:30 left is to move the chains and eat clock.

They went 3-and-out, and put the defense back on the field 55 seconds later.

They don't get a pass for playing well for 56 minutes and failing when the team needed them most.

Offense, defense and special teams all earned some blame for the loss today.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Hali still getting held all the time with no call

LaChapelle
10-17-2010, 07:19 PM
When Flowers threw his hands up
the Ref saw that as an admission of guilt
which it wasn't

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 07:21 PM

They don't get a pass for playing well for 56 minutes and failing when the team needed them most.

If there's one thing we agree on, it's that if I could point to one play that lost us the game, it would have to be Cassel throwing the ball away on 3rd and 2. The read was there. The playcall was fine. He just threw it in an uncatchable spot.

luv
10-17-2010, 07:24 PM

I still don't think it was as big of a factor than our defense.

notorious
10-17-2010, 07:25 PM
In today's NFL, it is so close that one call can determine a game.

I will never understand what the referee saw on that play. It is the very definition of "home cooking".

Oh well, Houston is the 2010 version of the Vermeil Chiefs. They have a whole lot of heartache in their future.

kysirsoze
10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
When Flowers threw his hands up
the Ref saw that as an admission of guilt
which it wasn't

You might be right, but the idea that a referee would decide on a call based on the reaction of a player is just hilarious. Some of these guys are just fucking worthless. The first rule of officiating is if you don't see it, don't call it. Since it didn't happen, it's impossible that he could have seen it. (Easy, right?) This guy should get fined by the league for that call and issue a Hochuli-like apology.

ChiefButthurt
10-17-2010, 09:16 PM
pete, you're like a lot of my shitty students: as soon as anything trivial goes against the grain for you, you always look for an excuse to give up, rather than finding a way to persevere and get your shit done.

I'll bet you're a hard ass teacher....seriously, good for you. Dumb ass kids need more of them. :clap:

BryanBusby
10-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Watch the clip above. Flowers is stride for stride, and suddenly he's not (coincidentally after Johnson's forearm moves forward). You also see Flowers go from perfect stride to off-balance.

As Tony Dungy said, "that's the definition of offensive pass interference." Johnson cheated to get advantage. That's fine, but it's got to be called. It should have been first and 20 from the Houston 35.

It was, but on the other hand Flowers starts throwing a tantrum right away instead of continuing to try and make a play. He was put into an unfair situation and made the worst of it.

Not one of Flowers more memorable moments.

Chiefs Rool
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm gonna start raging again if I keep watching this.

HOW DO THEY CALL THAT ON FLOWERS? The refs are fucking corrupt.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/JakeWilson69/jim-howey-blows-pi-call-o.gif

kysirsoze
10-17-2010, 09:23 PM
It was, but on the other hand Flowers starts throwing a tantrum right away instead of continuing to try and make a play. He was put into an unfair situation and made the worst of it.

Not one of Flowers more memorable moments.

He might have been thinking that if he fought through the interference he'd end up drawing the flag. Better to make it easy on the ref, which he did. Unfortunately this referee was a complete and total dipshit.

johnny961
10-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Horrendous call. I get pissed watching that replay. That pushoff was so obvious it was pathetic.

Brainiac
10-18-2010, 01:05 AM

:facepalm:

You obviously didn't see the play. You may have had your television on, but you didn't see the play. It was very evident on the dozen or so replays that Johnson pushed off. Without the push-off, Johnson doesn't make the catch.

The fact that Johnson "caught it anyway" doesn't matter, because the horrible call would have given the Texans the same first down and the same yardage.

BryanBusby
10-18-2010, 03:10 AM
Referees seem to have a hard time trying to decide what is and is not offensive pass interference. Tony Gonzalez did the same shit and would only get called for it at complete random.

Inspector
10-18-2010, 05:47 AM
When we saw the offensive pass interference, everyone jumped up with arms in the air at my house. Celebration time baby!!! Then we saw the ref accidentally point to the defense with the PI call and we made fun of him for pointing the wrong way.

Then, after another minute or so, our little party went suddenly bad...very bad...

In the real world, some people could get fired for that level of incompetence.

Maybe, in the future, eye tests will become mandatory for NFL ref's. That might help.

beach tribe
10-18-2010, 05:51 AM

Pete will have to start another thread to discuss this topic.

Terribilis
10-18-2010, 05:59 AM
its mainly the teams up 3 when they should be losing against the spread. Guess what happened after that drive?

Nzoner
10-18-2010, 06:52 AM

Exactly,all this damn video eqipment,challenges,etc. etc. and yet there's still incompetence in the game.Personally,my conspiracy theory mind says it's all there to aid Vegas and most of us try and look past that because we really don't want to believe it could be going on.

SuperSerial
10-18-2010, 07:05 AM
So I guess the ref was like, "Okay, just for the heck of it, I'm gonna call Flowers for OPI. Not that it particularly matters since AJ caught the ball, but just in case he stepped out of bounds or something, I need to do my part to keep the Sopranos happy over at the MGM.".

Come on guys. Yes the call sucked, but that is not why KC lost.

I guess the refs gave Schaub 155 yards and 8 first downs in the 4th quarter as well.

journeyscarab
10-18-2010, 07:50 AM
As soon as they announced that it was a Ron Winters officiating crew I knew there would be trouble. Yeah he made the catch but it was a game changing call and Winter and his crew always seem like the Keystone Cops. They make frequent bad calls.

Inspector
10-18-2010, 07:56 AM
So I guess the ref was like, "Okay, just for the heck of it, I'm gonna call Flowers for OPI. Not that it particularly matters since AJ caught the ball, but just in case he stepped out of bounds or something, I need to do my part to keep the Sopranos happy over at the MGM.".

Come on guys. Yes the call sucked, but that is not why KC lost.

I guess the refs gave Schaub 155 yards and 8 first downs in the 4th quarter as well.

Ok....I'll never claim to be the most knowlegable person about football...but it looks like you are saying that the catch would still be good and placed at the same spot even if the call was PI on offense? Is that right?

I was thinking that the play would be called back and the offense would lose some yards.

I'm just trying to learn here.

grandllama
10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Exactly,all this damn video eqipment,challenges,etc. etc. and yet there's still incompetence in the game.Personally,my conspiracy theory mind says it's all there to aid Vegas and most of us try and look past that because we really don't want to believe it could be going on.

You see calls like that and you have to wonder. Was it you that told me about that book that claims, among other things including Lenny, that most of the games are fixed to some level?

FAX
10-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Ok....I'll never claim to be the most knowlegable person about football...but it looks like you are saying that the catch would still be good and placed at the same spot even if the call was PI on offense? Is that right?

I was thinking that the play would be called back and the offense would lose some yards.

I'm just trying to learn here.

If OPI had been the call (as it should have been), there would be no catch and a penalty assessed. I don't recall the penalty yardage, but it's probably 10 yards.

FAX

Mecca
10-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I wonder if later last night Pete banged his wife in the ass and pretended she was a ref.

Nzoner
10-18-2010, 11:39 AM
You see calls like that and you have to wonder. Was it you that told me about that book that claims, among other things including Lenny, that most of the games are fixed to some level?

Yep,I started a new thread today that has a video of the author being interviewed.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235349