PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I like this team and some game thoughts

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Lot of bitching going on about refs (rightfully so), Haley (idiotic to hate on him), the defense (had a down day today) and all sorts of shit.

I watched a team last year that couldn't play with anyone go on the road for consecutive weeks and give two good teams all they could handle and then some. I saw Cassel and Bowe bounce back from atrocious performances to play really well. I saw Flowers essentially shut down one one of the top 2 WR's in the league every time he was lined up on him, and then jaw at the ref who fucked him on a call, because that kid wants to win badly. His attitude is fucking what you need in your defensive players.

I saw the offensive line open gaping holes against one of the better run defenses in the NFL.

My thoughts on the game -

My biggest complaint was that Romeo played his zone coverages a bit soft. He rolled the coverage to Johnson's side every time that Carr was lined up on him. When this happened they would run the TE on the strong side to the other side of the field and it was wide open every time. Carr was getting torched anyway, so at least respect the weak side of the field so that you aren't giving up chunks of yards to a TE dragging across the field. We adjusted to that later, but it cost us in the middle of the game.

So for the people who blamed the defense and say we aren't legit, bullshit. The defense did exactly what was called. It's just that the Texans adjusted their offense to it. We adjusted to that later, but they had already done a lot of damage with it.

Hali is getting held like no one I have ever seen week to week. Against the run and pass, guys are just latching on to him and nothing is being called. Ever. They put two guys on him today everytime he rushed the passer. The one big run came on the most blatant hold I've ever seen.

Moeaki did not run the route out. PERIOD. Cassel was throwing to a spot and Tony did not run the route out completely. He turns back early and slows. It's very obvious and I can't believe people are blaming Cassel for that one. I obviously no Cassel fan, but that one was not on him and Matt played a solid game today. I don't put that last drive on him. 28 seconds with 1 timeout. That's some shit not even Marino or Elway pull off. The offense should have never been put in that spot.

The Texans were selling out on that 3rd and 2 for the run. It's a good chance we do in fact get stuffed there. I like the play call for a pass. If Moeaki runs the route out, it's a possible touchdown.

Richardson played a solid game then totally shit the bed on that last down.

I know that the Texans suck in pass defense but Cassel made some solid throws today with good accuracy.

People dogging on Berry.......kill yourselves. The kid is going to be nails good. He's still learning about coverages and what he's seeing every week. He's also playing in a fairly complex scheme coverage wise where he is asked to do a lot. This was a very complex offense that he saw today, so a lot of these things he's seeing for the first time. His ability to read offenses will improve and he has all the physical tools. He's going to be fine. Just like Dorsey was fine. People who expect a rookie to be polished just because he's a high draft pick are stupid. The MAJORITY of rookies take some time.

Did Mario Williams make a play today? I don't think he even had a pressure on Cassel.

This was the worst officiated game I've seen all season. The BS false start call. The Berry phantom call (the problem with that call is that not only did Johnson push off, but Berry didn't touch him and was looking back at the ball), the non-holding call on the big run......it does on and on and on. I don't like saying refs COST you the game, but they certainly have an impact on it. That PI BS call on Flowers changed the entire complexion of the game and it was crunch time.

I think it's very likely we are 6-2 at midseason. Who woulda thunk it?

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Moeaki did not run the route out. PERIOD. Cassel was throwing to a spot and Tony did not run the route out completely. He turns back early and slows. It's very obvious and I can't believe people are blaming Cassel for that one.

GIF'D UP should be interesting this week.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:17 PM
That false start call was a good one.

Albert twitched.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Albert twitched.Yep. The play-by-play guys on TV missed that one.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Albert twitched.

Nope.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Nope.

For a juco all star, you sure are a dumbass.

Albert twitched.

It was clear as fucking day if you just open your fucking eyes and watch.

kstater
10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I thought Moeaki pulled up as well. And it was a false start.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
No, milkman's correct. Albert moved first, then half of the Houston front-seven moved, then half of our o-line moved. The refs had the call right, they just attributed it to the incorrect Chiefs player (iirc they gave it to Waters).

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2010, 04:22 PM

Albert twitched.

It was clear as fucking day if you just open your fucking eyes and watch.Yep. At first, I thought we got hosed, but then the close up of it you could see him flinch.

OnTheWarpath58

Albert twitched.

It was clear as fucking day if you just open your fucking eyes and watch.

He absolutely rocked forward.

Seriously, the whining about the refs is fucking embarrassing.

suds79
Nope.

Yes he did.

You're wrong.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Yep. At first, I thought we got hosed, but then the close up of it you could see him flinch.

Everyone was bitching about the call in chat.

I just told them to watch Albert, and they all saw it on replay.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I didn't see him twitch. But either way, it doesn't matter because the hold on Hali was unreal. The push off by Johnson was a horrible call. It was a poorly officiated game.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2010, 04:25 PM
The D giving up 3 TDs in the 4th is unacceptable.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Albert twitched.

It was clear as ****ing day if you just open your ****ing eyes and watch.

This is your response to my "nope"?

After all the flailing you did about Hali being switched to OLB the last stupid mother fucker on here that should be calling someone a dumbass is you you pussy fart. You're a god damned ass clown.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 04:27 PM

Albert twitched.

It was clear as ****ing day if you just open your ****ing eyes and watch.

Classic :clap:

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Classic :clap:

Are you enjoying your dupe account?

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
This is your response to my "nope"?

After all the flailing you did about Hali being switched to OLB the last stupid mother ****er on here that should be calling someone a dumbass is you you pussy fart. You're a god damned ass clown.

Yes, that's my response dumbass.

After all what flailing?

I never believed he'd convert as well as he has, but flailing.

You sure are reaching deep inside your ass for some spectacular dumbassery.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Negative, son. It's not just one person here that thinks you are unintelligent.

crazycoffey

Seriously, the whining about the refs is fucking embarrassing.

yes, he absolutely did rock forward, no question. But Flowers did NOT commit PI either, so the bitching can continue....

milkman
Are you enjoying your dupe account?

I assume you're asking this question to me.

I have never, nor will I ever, stupe to dupe accounts.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes, that's my response dumbass.

After all what flailing?

I never believed he'd convert as well as he has, but flailing.

You sure are reaching deep inside your ass for some spectacular dumbassery.

Dumbassery was your flailing ass clown. Go take your metamucil faggoty bitch.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Dumbassery was your flailing ass clown. Go take your metamucil pillowbitery bitch.

I think we all know the truth, so, I'll leave you to your delusions.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 04:35 PM
I think we all know the truth, so, I'll leave you to your delusions.

I said irregardless, the other two calls were atrocious enough to make up for it. It was a horribly officiated game.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I said irregardless, the other two calls were atrocious enough to make up for it. It was a horribly officiated game.

Didn't they teach you in juco that 'irregardless' is not a word?

And I'm not talking about the call now.

I'm talking about the rest of your delusions.

Paniero
10-17-2010, 04:39 PM
I said irregardless.

Lol.

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Didn't they teach you in juco that 'irregardless' is not a word?

And I'm not talking about the call now.

I'm talking about the rest of your delusions.

LMAO

Chief_in_Commander
was a false start, Moeaki might of pulled up on the route but was I the only one who saw the guy running across the middle of the field with his arm up? Cassel made up his mind pre-snap he was throwing to Moeaki, refs were god awful today all over the field on both sides of the ball, the flowers call was just cherry on top

keg in kc
This is like sort of like watching that neighborhood kid with the helmet trying to knock a wall down with his head.

vailpass
10-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Lol.

It's extra good when someone actually spells that word out isn't it?You see it right in front of you and still choose to use it.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:41 PM
This is like sort of like watching that neighborhood kid with the helmet trying to knock a wall down with his head.

Gus Ferrote?

Fish
10-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Dumbassery was your flailing ass clown. Go take your metamucil faggoty bitch.

Dude. You have some decent football intelligence. But you completely negate it when you post shit like this.

If you would quit posting every post like you're violently defending your honor, people would take you much more seriously. But your "Me against all you dumbasses" attitude is not going to get you anywhere. Step down off your high horse and discuss instead of insult.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Dude. You have some decent football intelligence. But you completely negate it when you post shit like this.

If you would quit posting every post like you're violently defending your honor, people would take you much more seriously. But your "Me against all you dumbasses" attitude is not going to get you anywhere. Step down off your high horse and discuss instead of insult.

To be fair, I did kind of start this.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Gus Ferrote?I don't think that would work. Croyle isn't Trent Green.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
To be fair, I did kind of start this.

exactly.........

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't think that would work. Croyle isn't Trent Green.

I thought you were making an analogy with the Guardian.

bevischief
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
this is a young team, expect a few more of these this year...

keep a bottle of whatever close...

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
exactly.........

If you had responded with "I didn't see Albert move", rather than that "Nope", I would have been more civil.

milkman
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
this is a young team, expect a few more of these this year...

keep a bottle of whatever close...

Anti-freeze?

Fish
10-17-2010, 04:51 PM
exactly.........

In the history of you posting here, your only motivation has been provocation. So don't bother playing victim.

blazzin311
10-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Nice breakdown of the game...I agree with pretty much everything you said. :clap:

OnTheWarpath58
10-17-2010, 04:53 PM
In the history of you posting here, your only motivation has been provocation. So don't bother playing victim.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I thought you were making an analogy with the Guardian.Oh I was, but you bringing Frerotte's headbutt into the disucssion made me think back Green coming in for him, and it made me wonder what would happen if Cassel did that. Then I remembered that Croyle was backing up. Oh well.

As for guardian, well, I'd never insult gus by comparing him to frerotte. He's more like a dumbed-down version of Steinbeck's Lennie.

milkman
10-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh I was, but you bringing Frerotte's headbutt into the disucssion made me think back Green coming in for him, and it made me wonder what would happen if Cassel did that. Then I remembered that Croyle was backing up. Oh well.

As for guardian, well, I'd never insult gus by comparing him to frerotte. He's more like a dumbed-down version of Steinbeck's Lennie.

Eh...juco all star has some good thoughts at times.

He just needs to learn to be less of an ass, and leave the assholery to experts like me.

Smed1065
10-17-2010, 05:11 PM

He just needs to learn to be less of an ass, and leave the assholery to experts like me.

Guess you played above the college level.

or Hermed it like now.

milkman
10-17-2010, 05:13 PM

or Hermed it like now.

Huh?

Fish
10-17-2010, 05:13 PM

or Hermed it like now.

The fucking head coach of the Chiefs didn't play above high school level.

Golfer.

STFU

milkman
10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
The ****ing head coach of the Chiefs didn't play above high school level.

Golfer.

STFU

I'm not even saying I'm a football expert.

I'm saying I an expert at being an asshole.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2010, 05:30 PM

Seriously, the whining about the refs is ****ing embarrassing.

There's a lot more embarrasing things around here than whining about Brandon Flowers getting called on a joke PI call.

TheGuardian
10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
There's a lot more embarrasing things around here than whining about Brandon Flowers getting called on a joke PI call.

Anyone that doesn't think the reffing today played a factor is an idiot. It most certainly did.

Hug it Out Dan
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM

hes also king dumbass of the MMA thread. LOL

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Anyone that doesn't think the reffing today played a factor is an idiot. It most certainly did.

Who cares?

If the Chiefs had actually stopped the Texans after that call, they would have won.

Blaming the officials is dumb.

chris
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Who cares?

If the Chiefs had actually stopped the Texans after that call, they would have won.

Blaming the officials is dumb.

Rep

As a college coach used to say to us: "Losers blame the refs. Winners never get to point where refs have to be blamed."