PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs People blaming Cassel for this loss are clearly maladjusted freaks.

yhf
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
For Christs sake, blame the coaches, blame the refs, blame the defense.

Do NOT blame Matt Cassel. He provided a winning effort.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING
M. Cassel 20/29 201 6.9 3 0 122.9

Anyone that asks for more production, is, a dumb****.

Don't get me wrong, I doubt the shit out of Cassel, but his performance in this game was extremely encouraging. Any purported Chiefs fan that wasn't impressed and pleased by his play should just... get a fucking grip.

DaFace
10-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Dude....

:shake:

KCrockaholic
10-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree with you man...But uh, isn't there another 5 threads you could have posted this in. I mean, it HAS been discussed already.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Yay stats! Stats prove everything!

Steve Bono had very fucking decent stats with the Chiefs in '95. 21 TD, 10 INT, 3K yards.

That's where Cassel is headed.

And we're headed to hell.

yhf
10-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Dude....

:shake:

Sorry DaFace. Shouldna did it.

KCbroncoHATER
10-17-2010, 10:11 PM
You can't tell these knuckleheads anything.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:12 PM

FACT FACT: Cassel was 20th in passing yards among NFL quarterbacks today.

Against. the. worst. secondary. ever.

SURE CAN'T ASK FOR MORE THAN THAT!!!

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Quarterbacks who threw for more yards than Cassel today:

Josh Freeman
Drew Fucking Stanton (thought he died or was exiled to Siberia)
Chad Henne
Colt McCoy (lolololol)

PS - Cassel should suck Bowe's chocolate salty balls for getting 1/5th of his passing production on one completion.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:15 PM
GoChiefs is wrong.

Matt Cassel played well today...and he had a great command of the offense...something I hadn't seen from him...he was borderline excellent.

If our "vaunted" D shows up...we win that game. No doubt. No doubt at all...

and shit...

Cassel even made our abused offensive line (in pass protection) look good today with his mobility.

He could have made more plays...but so could anyone...

This was his BEST game as a Chief...hands down...and he played as well as anyone could ask.

This was on the defense today...and the special teams...and maybe even the pass protection a bit.

SNR
10-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Cassel did not lose the game. However, he didn't win the game.

The same people that criticize Croyle for his 0 in the W column need to take the same approach to Cassel. Good QBs don't let this loss happen. They don't throw a bad pass to Moeaki on 3rd and 2 (or even better... they audible out of the playcall to set up a run). Right?

If Cassel keeps up these good stats for the rest of the year I might rethink my position on him and upgrade him to starter for next season while we draft a guy and let him sit on the bench for a year. But something tells me he won't when he faces a defense that doesn't resemble the 2002 KC Chiefs

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:17 PM
We were supposed to have a VAUNTED defense...

GoChiefs told us (and I lol'd at him before the game) that our STUD BACKERS were going to ABUSE their abysmal tackles...

I told him this is the NFL...teams draw up plans to hide their weaknesses...

Texans did that today...we did no abusing...Hali was basically invisible...Vrabel didn't do shit...

we lost because Matt Schaub beat us...beat our defense...and abused our secondary...

and Foster abused our front 7 (something I didn't see coming) ...and Ward of course...

we lost this game defensively...

Sucks. Still love our D...

Still love our progress...

and we're still 2 games ahead in the L column...and that's all that matters...

Cassel plays like he did today from here on out???

We are a DAMN GOOD team.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:19 PM
GoChiefs is wrong.

Matt Cassel played well today...and he had a great command of the offense...something I hadn't seen from him...he was borderline excellent.

He played well.

Just not well enough to win against a superior quarterback.

While his running game did all the heavy lifting.

That's why he blows goats while George Clooney stares at them.

KCbroncoHATER
10-17-2010, 10:20 PM
If the running game could pick up 2 yards on 3rd down we would have won the game.

They can't, we didn't.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Matt Schaub is a superior QB...

We lost a game we had no business losing. None, whatsoever.

But hey, it happens in the NFL on a weekly basis...we were on the short end of that stick today...

It's irritating...game of inches.

Matt Cassel is the last to blame today...

and we still have only 2 losses to the 4 the rest of our division has.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Is Cassel to blame for the loss today? Not by a long shot.

Does Cassel still suck? Yes he does

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM

I agree.

He saved his worst for the very end.

PAY THE MAN

Phobia
10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
I was pleased with the dude until the last "drive". If the Texans had run the clock out with their TD, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But Cassel's non-effort on the last 4 plays of the game were that appalling. Simply pathetic.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Is Cassel to blame for the loss today? Not by a long shot.

Does Cassel still suck? Yes he does

Cassel shouldn't be blamed for the loss.

But, Cassel proved once again that he shits the bed when something of value is on the line, in this case, the game.

Three straight incompletions.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 10:23 PM

http://rlv.zcache.com/golf_clean_balls_golf_humor_gifts_mousepad-p144989954811495145td22_210.jpg

philfree
10-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah but at least we can take the "we haven't scored a TD on the road" out of the equation.

PhilFree:arrow:

Silock
OP clearly has no concept of situational stats.

Is it all his fault? Of course not. But he contributed.

Short Leash Hootie
I agree.

He saved his worst for the very end.

PAY THE MAN

Whatever my man...

Two weeks in a row you do all of this "scouting" and you're dead wrong.

I knew we wouldn't run to a win in Indy...and I knew Hali wouldn't sack his way to a win at Houston.

You're an emotional wreck when it comes to this team and you have no perspective.

We lost today...it was a fluke...and it had nothing to do with the play of Matt Cassel.

We went for the throat on 3rd and 2 and it didn't work...I thought it was the wrong call...I thought we should have gotten Charles an outside run...but I can't fault our amazingly aggressive, amazingly disciplined, and amazingly good coaching staff for something like that.

We lost a tough road game...we gave it away...it happens...it's the NFL. You losers need to find somebody else to blame today because there is nothing to blame...we lost, fair and square...to a team we should have beat.

Happens

EVERY

WEEK

johnny961
10-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Cassel's rating and numbers look good. That being said, look at the overall offense. Run plays versus pass plays. Run plays outnumbered pass plays by a considerable margin. Showing we chose to run the ball as our primary attack method even though we were up against one of the poorer pass defenses in the league. Says alot about the coaches confidence in our pass game. And, further, Cassel didn't exactly light up their secondary either. Bunch of dink and dunk (low risk passes) crap that looked good on the rating, thats all. I'd agree that Cassel didn't lose this game but to say that his game was much more than so-so is a stretch when you look at the offensive gameplan as a whole. He had a few nice throws but hell thats what he's getting paid to do.

yhf
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
He played well.

Just not well enough to win against a superior quarterback.

While his running game did all the heavy lifting.

That's why he blows goats while George Clooney stares at them.

Dude I love ya' but c'mon. Did you watch the game?

I am no Cassel apologist but if he can play as well as he played today throughout the remainder of the season look out motherfuckers!

He gave us all that we wanted and more. If only the other perceived strengths of our team had shown up (coaches, defense).

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
anyone who thought we had a chance with 30 seconds left, no timeouts, and down 4 should be slapped in the face...with baby powder

that game was lost on 3rd and 2 and the Texans scoring another TD...

if there is anyone to blame...it is the defense

not matt cassel

and you guys are dumbasses for even suggesting so

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Two weeks in a row you do all of this "scouting" and you're dead wrong.

Fuck you, Hootie. All I do is bring the thoughts of opposing fans to this board.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:28 PM
**** you, Hootie. All I do is bring the thoughts of opposing fans to this board.

Today you said we were going to abuse their tackles...and Vrabel and Hali would have beast like games.

I laughed at you.

Do you not remember?

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Cassel shouldn't be blamed for the loss.

But, Cassel proved once again that he shits the bed when something of value is on the line, in this case, the game.

Three straight incompletions.

The interesting thing though is has lead comebacks when he was with the Pats and even last year in a couple of games where he lead them down the field to tie or win.

So it is not like he hasn't ever done it. And also people can be mad at him for 2 of those passes at the end of the game but he had no chance on the last play.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:29 PM
I am no Cassel apologist but if he can play as well as he played today throughout the remainder of the season look out motherfuckers!

Well, let's be fair - he won't be facing the vaunted Houston Texans' passing defense every week.

So we may have to lower our expectations.

Say 148 yards?

philfree
10-17-2010, 10:29 PM
anyone who thought we had a chance with 30 seconds left, no timeouts, and down 4 should be slapped in the face...with baby powder

not matt cassel

Both sides of the ball and STs really had a chance to put this game away before the last 30 seconds. I'm not going to call anyone out but I think I agree with you on this one.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Today you said we were going to abuse their tackles...and Vrabel and Hali would have beast like games.

I laughed at you.

Do you not remember?

I said nothing of Vrabel dominating. I said I thought Hali would have a good game.

He got a few pressures but that was it.

I was wrong.

For you to blow it out of proportion was shitty.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I am no Cassel apologist but if he can play as well as he played today throughout the remainder of the season look out mother****ers!

Is Cassel good enough to help this team win playoff games? Yes, "games," plural.

Because what I'm "looking out" for is a quick exit b/c championship QBs have to help teams overcome shortcomings in other areas. While I agree that Cassel is not primarily or solely responsible for today's loss, he is still culpable, though I'm sure he would tell you otherwise.

dirk digler
10-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Cassel's rating and numbers look good. That being said, look at the overall offense. Run plays versus pass plays. Run plays outnumbered pass plays by a considerable margin. Showing we chose to run the ball as our primary attack method even though we were up against one of the poorer pass defenses in the league. Says alot about the coaches confidence in our pass game. And, further, Cassel didn't exactly light up their secondary either. Bunch of dink and dunk (low risk passes) crap that looked good on the rating, thats all. I'd agree that Cassel didn't lose this game but to say that his game was much more than so-so is a stretch when you look at the offensive gameplan as a whole. He had a few nice throws but hell thats what he's getting paid to do.

Totally agree and noticed it very early on. The Texans have the 32nd ranked Pass D yet we were basically running the RRP offense.

FAX
10-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Sorry DaFace. Shouldna did it.

Never apologize, Mr. vhf. Even to one of our magnificent Mods. It's a sign of weakness. However, I'm also sorry to say that converting to Cassolothism is a sign of early stage wackiness.

We cannot pin our hopes and dreams on Mick Casswipe. He will lead us into oblivion and cause an untold number of seizures and drinking disorders. As sad as it may seem, it is best for all that he swallow a live grenade.

FAX

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 10:33 PM
If vhs will review the tape, and I'm sure he will, I'm confident that he'll come to a different conclusion.

Silock
10-17-2010, 10:33 PM
we lost, fair and square...to a team we should have beat.

Happens

EVERY

WEEK

Fair and square notwithstanding (re: Bad PI call), I don't know that I agree with "to a team we should have beat."

They are the better team. Make no mistake about that. If we had won, they would be saying that THEY lost to a team they should have beaten.

However, we were in a position to win and we SHOULD have been able to put the game away. But the final outcome isn't really surprising.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I said nothing of Vrabel dominating. I said I thought Hali would have a good game.

He got a few pressures but that was it.

I was wrong.

For you to blow it out of proportion was shitty.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7094019&postcount=77

You're right...he would perhaps dominate.

Meh.

Oh well.

Will stop patting myself on the back now for being right two weeks in a row...cost me a spot at my favorite bar (most likely) and more misery than any human should have because a football team lost.

jak112460
10-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Quarterbacks who threw for more yards than Cassel today:

Josh Freeman
Drew ****ing Stanton (thought he died or was exiled to Siberia)
Chad Henne
Colt McCoy (lolololol)

PS - Cassel should suck Bowe's chocolate salty balls for getting 1/5th of his passing production on one completion.

Do you want to trade QB's with AZ? NO. Then shut up about Cassel. He's not a pro bowl QB yet but he is servicable. I was around for Steve Bono and worse and Cassel is no Bono. How about Elvis Grbac? Todd Blackledge? Most you you don't even know who they are. LOL. The Chiefs have won for years on the backs of decent, but not stellar QB's. Look at the Chargers. On paper they should be kicking the crap out of the AFC and they suck. Not to mention they have the worst coach in the history of the NFL. The Chiefs are a good team that are on the verge of being great. They are going to lose games like they did today throughout the year. Next year they will truly be a seasoned TEAM. I bet anything that they will be picked to make the playoffs be every analyst next year. Nobody picked them to be undefeated after three games. Stop blaming Cassel for the losses solely. Some of you guys are complete babies. The Chiefs are exciting again and are IN every single game they play. Not one game were they blown out. The Chiefs scored thirty one points today. That IS enough to win any game. ANY GAME!!! The so called class of the AFC west got beat by the lowly Rams today. The Chiefs could beat the Rams any day and they beat the Chargers. This team is miles better than last year. If they go 8-8 this year then they are going 11-5 next year and are solidly in the playoffs. We can only hope that the Chargers keep that horrible coach they have. The Chiefs are good and are exciting to watch.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:35 PM
They are most certainly NOT THE BETTER TEAM.

Not one bit.

We were the superior team...not even close today. We are more talented...and...BETTER.

and you're right...it was a bullshit mother fucking PI call...but it should have been a no call...and a no call still resulted in a big gain...no?

cdcox
10-17-2010, 10:37 PM
We were supposed to have a VAUNTED defense...

This is the first multi dimensional offense we have played all year. Our defense has been succeeding by taking away the other offenses best weapon. Between Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, and Adrian Foster, we couldn't shut then down. We still have several weaknesses on D. We aren't the Pittsburgh Steelers. Speaking of which, would we be able to score 10 points on them?

We've made some good strides from last year, but our defense is not "vaunted" let alone "VAUNTED" and our offense is one dimensional. We have a long way to go.

Silock
10-17-2010, 10:38 PM

Not one bit.

We were the superior team...not even close today. We are more talented...and...BETTER.

and you're right...it was a bullshit mother fucking PI call...but it should have been a no call...and a no call still resulted in a big gain...no?

Based upon what evidence? They have a true offense with a legit WR and QB. We don't have that. We perhaps have some advantages on defense, but we certainly didn't play like we did today.

And no, it should have been offensive PI due to the clear shove in the back to gain separation (to which he admitted in his post-game quotes).

DeezNutz
I hope milkman meets our new historian soon, as the former could use some brushing up on his Chiefs history, since he's a bandwagon coattail rider of impressive distinction.

DaneMcCloud
The interesting thing though is has lead comebacks when he was with the Pats.

He's in his second year in KC. Fuck the Patriots.

He's 7-14 in KC.

He had a chance to prove he was worthy of his salary today and he fucking screwed the pooch.

No more excuses.

Silock
10-17-2010, 10:39 PM
He's in his second year in KC. Fuck the Patriots.

He's 7-14 in KC.

He had a chance to prove he was worthy of his salary today and he fucking screwed the pooch.

No more excuses.

That pooch has got to have the sorest asshole in the world by now.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Both sides of the ball and STs really had a chance to put this game away before the last 30 seconds. I'm not going to call anyone out but I think I agree with you on this one.

Yep.

If McCluster or Arenas had run it back for a touchdown, GAME OVER!

Fucking second rounders.

:rolleyes:

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Do you want to trade QB's with AZ? NO. Then shut up about Cassel. He's not a pro bowl QB yet but he is servicable.

Serviceable.

FOR FIFTEEN FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS?

DaneMcCloud
That pooch has got to have the sorest asshole in the world by now.

Yeah, I've heard his wife repeatedly jams a huge dildo up is ass after every loss, so now he's back on schedule.

FAX
I keep waiting for our return game to ... well, return.

I feel like I've been set up. We looked awesome on special teams then ... piddle. Major piddle.

FAX

philfree
10-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Chiefs and Texans = =

They're pretty damned equal. Save for Cassel who just threw 3 TDs? they're equal. What?

johnny961
10-17-2010, 10:43 PM

Yeah. I forgot about that play. Take away that one play that was largely as a result of yards after catch and Cassel has another 160 yard day. Stellar.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Based upon what evidence? They have a true offense with a legit WR and QB. We don't have that. We perhaps have some advantages on defense, but we certainly didn't play like we did today.

And no, it should have been offensive PI due to the clear shove in the back to gain separation (to which he admitted in his post-game quotes).

based upon what evidence?

BASED UPON WATCHING THE FUCKING GAME!

lol

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah. I forgot about that play. Take away that one play that was largely as a result of yards after catch and Cassel has another 160 yard day. Stellar.

He also had about 20 garbage-time yards on his desperation drive.

How about that shit?

yhf
10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Never apologize, Mr. vhf. Even to one of our magnificent Mods. It's a sign of weakness. However, I'm also sorry to say that converting to Cassolothism is a sign of early stage wackiness.

We cannot pin our hopes and dreams on Mick Casswipe. He will lead us into oblivion and cause an untold number of seizures and drinking disorders. As sad as it may seem, it is best for all that he swallow a live grenade.

FAX

Well God dammit I didn't create this shitty thread to swear an allegiance to a creepy member of Hitlers youth that has poor pocket presence. I only meant to make the point that this team has a few issues to worry about before we can lay all the blame for our losses at the feet of the apparent fool under center.

Dear Gussie and all the little Gussies.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Serviceable.

FOR FIFTEEN ****ING MILLION DOLLARS?

Who cares what he makes?

He made good throws today (for once)...

and his command of the offense was excellent...

Today was the first thing I've seen from Matt Cassel that suggests to me he could actually succeed at QB in the NFL...not promising...but something.

Also...

We are the most disciplined team I have ever seen. It's crazy how good our coaching is...and our players totally buy in.

The sky is not falling.

We have 2 losses.

The Raiders, Broncos and Raiders have 4.

Chalk this up as a tough, tough loss and a learning experience.

We will bounce back.

johnny961
10-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Serviceable.

FOR FIFTEEN ****ING MILLION DOLLARS?

Yeah. What stings here is that we gave up a 2nd round draft pick and a large contract on "serviceable". We could've probably accomplished the same thing choosing a QB with that 2nd round pick for much smaller coin.

Silock
10-17-2010, 10:49 PM
based upon what evidence?

BASED UPON WATCHING THE FUCKING GAME!

lol

You mean the game we lost? Just trying to be crystal-clear, here.

Short Leash Hootie
It's not your fucking money...

Why the fuck does anyone care what Matt Cassel is paid?

There is no salary cap...and if there was...we'd be so far below the cap it wouldn't even matter...

so why the fuck is that even part of the argument?

Who the fuck cares?

chiefzilla1501

jfc, are we really going to play this game? Matt Cassel had a really solid performance and his stats are reflective of that.

He just sucked it up when it counted most. The problem isn't how he played early in the game. Let's not play this game of "if not this, then that."

Short Leash Hootie
You mean the game we lost? Just trying to be crystal-clear, here.

If you watched that game and determined the Texans were a better team than the Chiefs...than you don't know what you're watching.

Fact.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 10:50 PM
It's not your ****ing money...

Why the **** does anyone care what Matt Cassel is paid?

There is no salary cap...and if there was...we'd be so far below the cap it wouldn't even matter...

so why the **** is that even part of the argument?

Who the **** cares?

I don't care about the money.

What I care about is getting the QB decision wrong and having to start from square 1 in 2011. We're two years behind and counting because of Cassel.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:51 PM
you guys think Peyton Mannings grow on trees...

Trent Green heavily relied on the running game to get his numbers, too...

every time we needed Trent on the last drive in a game where we needed a score...he choked up too without Priest Holmes and the element of a running game there to make him so successful...

we will not win games if it's all on Matt Cassel...ever.

But he executed the offensive gameplan wonderfully today and that's all we should ask as fans.

If we want to blame someone today (and there doesn't always have to be blame after a loss)...it's our defense. Plain and simple. We couldn't stop Foster, Schaub or Johnson when it counted and that's why we lost.

Just Passin' By
10-17-2010, 10:52 PM
FACT FACT: Cassel was 20th in passing yards among NFL quarterbacks today.

Against. the. worst. secondary. ever.

SURE CAN'T ASK FOR MORE THAN THAT!!!

In 2003, a 14-2 season, with C.W. as the Patriots coordinator, Brady had games with total passing yards of:

Your point about yardage might have more validity if you actually tied it to something of value. The Chiefs put up 31 points in the game. Blaming Cassel for the loss makes no sense, since he executed the game plan pretty darned well. The Chiefs defense surrendered 28 second half points. You might want to start looking there.

DeezNutz

Who the **** cares?

Because it's a barometer of how he *should* compare to the rest of the league and the relative worth that our FO has assigned him.

Sorry, but it's absolutely relevant.

Silock
If you watched that game and determined the Texans were a better team than the Chiefs...than you don't know what you're watching.

Fact.

Despite the fact that they shut down our offense when they had to? Our defense didn't do that.

Despite the fact that they put up points when they had to? Our offense didn't do that.

What makes the Chiefs a better team than the Texans?

They have a better QB and WRs (although, admittedly not even close to us on RBs). They have a balanced offensive attack. They've won more games than we have over the course of the season.

I'm just not seeing where the Chiefs are clearly better than the Texans, especially when they just beat us.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:53 PM
GoChiefs is ignorant.

Our gameplan was to run the fucking ball...

Which we did.

It wasn't for Cassel to chuck the ball.

QUICK GOCHIEFS, QUICK...

QUICK STATBOY...

What was our rank today in offensive yards gained.

Huh?

Huh?

tk13
I think he looked like a QB who could help us win this division today. I wouldn't fire up the parade for that though. To me he definitely looked more confident than any other game this year, actually appeared to have some command of the offense today.

But I also think some of the excuses people are making are nuts. Are people that desperate to discredit him? I mean if you want to bag the 3rd and 2 throw, no problem. Taking away the yards on Bowe's run, really? That's craziness. Anybody who's going to sit around and debate that needs to step away from the ledge.

Short Leash Hootie
Despite the fact that they shut down our offense when they had to? Our defense didn't do that.

Despite the fact that they put up points when they had to? Our offense didn't do that.

What makes the Chiefs a better team than the Texans?

They have a better QB and WRs (although, admittedly not even close to us on RBs). They have a balanced offensive attack. They've won more games than we have over the course of the season.

I'm just not seeing where the Chiefs are clearly better than the Texans, especially when they just beat us.

We controlled the entire game...the entire time...

We didn't make the plays at the end...

That was it.

Play this game 10 times, we win 7.5.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Because it's a barometer of how he *should* compare to the rest of the league and the relative worth that our FO has assigned him.

Sorry, but it's absolutely relevant.

No it fucking isn't.

Plain and simple.

What he is getting paid means NOTHING...not one bit.

Sam Bradford makes more than Peyton Manning.

$$$$ has nothing to do with ANY FUCKING THING

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Is Cassel good enough to help this team win playoff games?

...anyone...anyone?

And I'm not talking in a "Dilfer mode."

Sure-Oz
10-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Cassel didn't blwo this game, even though he sucks he played as well as he probably can.

Defense blew it with 4 straight TD's given up

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
his command of the gameplan today ALONE was impressive...

we run a disciplined ship...

shit his elusiveness even saved the Chiefs from 3 or 4 sacks today...

He's not a gamebreaker...he won't win games single-handedly

but if he plays like he did today and executes our gameplan that successfully...we can win a playoff game this year...no fucking doubt

DeezNutz
No it ****ing isn't.

Plain and simple.

What he is getting paid means NOTHING...not one bit.

Sam Bradford makes more than Peyton Manning.

$$$$ has nothing to do with ANY ****ING THING

Wow.

And the Bradford comparison couldn't be more unrelated, but that's ok. I'm sure you'll try to say it's not, but this will be wrong, too.

Silock

That was it.

We obviously didn't control the ENTIRE game. If we were THAT in control, we wouldn't have needed a defensive stop, then an offensive (AT LEAST) first down, then another defensive stop to win the game.

Play this game 100 times, we win 25. Do we really want to play THAT game, Hootie? Bear in mind, I'm simply trying to have a conversation with you in this thread, not hate on you.

chiefzilla1501

That was it.

Play this game once, we lost once.

If we controlled the entire game, it shouldn't have been close.

Our offense looked a lot better than it has for a while. But our defense legitimately gave up 34 points.

A team in control doesn't give up that many points.

DeezNutz
10-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Cassel didn't blwo this game, even though he sucks he played as well as he probably can.

Defense blew it with 4 straight TD's given up

Completely agree, and it was his best game as a Chief.

Short Leash Hootie
they showed a stat...

Chiefs offensive drives:

It was...

TD
TD
FG
TD

(or something)

but yeah...Cassel was the reason we lost today...

yeah fucking right people...

our defense lost it...plain and simple...and that being said...I'm not even mad at our defense today.

FAX
Well God dammit I didn't create this shitty thread to swear an allegiance to a creepy member of Hitlers youth that has poor pocket presence. I only meant to make the point that this team has a few issues to worry about before we can lay all the blame for our losses at the feet of the apparent fool under center.

Dear Gussie and all the little Gussies.

These bizarre ideas of yours, although potentially worthwhile, would, of course, require that we have no scapegoat. Over time I have learned that, here at ChiefsPlanet, a scapegoat is necessary in order to maintain order. Today, it's Mutt Cassclamp. Tomorrow? Who knows? Hopefully, it's Mr. Mr. Flopnuts.

Nevertheless, the main thing is that we must channel our flustration and hate so that we might avoid either severe gastric reflux or senseless rampages that lead to the death of innocent pets.

FAX

Silock
...anyone...anyone?

And I'm not talking in a "Dilfer mode."

No. Playoff games are more intense than what we had today. How could we possibly expect him to step up given the complete lack of talent he has so far shown?

Frazod
10-17-2010, 10:58 PM
you guys think Peyton Mannings grow on trees...

Trent Green heavily relied on the running game to get his numbers, too...

every time we needed Trent on the last drive in a game where we needed a score...he choked up too without Priest Holmes and the element of a running game there to make him so successful...

we will not win games if it's all on Matt Cassel...ever.

But he executed the offensive gameplan wonderfully today and that's all we should ask as fans.

If we want to blame someone today (and there doesn't always have to be blame after a loss)...it's our defense. Plain and simple. We couldn't stop Foster, Schaub or Johnson when it counted and that's why we lost.

I hate agreeing with Hootie, but other than the part where he pisses on Green I pretty much concur.

Cassel will never be a Manning/Montana/Marino type. Ever. The best we can hope for is for him to be Dilfer - an effective game manager who can win if his supporting cast picks him up and he's not asked to do too much. Certainly not worth $63M, but it is what it is.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Wow...I can't believe what I'm reading.

We were the better team today and we lost...it happens all of the time in the NFL.

I can't believe you guys don't agree...how were we the inferior team today? OMG

The Cardinals beat the Saints two weeks ago...

are the Cardinals a better team than the Saints?

johnny961
10-17-2010, 11:01 PM
jfc, are we really going to play this game? Matt Cassel had a really solid performance and his stats are reflective of that.

He just sucked it up when it counted most. The problem isn't how he played early in the game. Let's not play this game of "if not this, then that."

Just trying to keep his performance in perspective. That one play did inflate his stats.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Just trying to keep his performance in perspective. That one play did inflate his stats.
then Tom Brady was a terrible QB in 2007

JFC

some people are so dense

it's sickening

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 11:02 PM

Don't get me wrong, I doubt the shit out of Cassel, but his performance in this game was extremely encouraging. Any purported Chiefs fan that wasn't impressed and pleased by his play should just... get a ****ing grip.

Gay

johnny961
10-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Cassel will never be a Manning/Montana/Marino type. Ever. The best we can hope for is for him to be Dilfer - an effective game manager who can win if his supporting cast picks him up and he's not asked to do too much. Certainly not worth $63M, but it is what it is.

Exactly. Very well put.

cdcox
10-17-2010, 11:04 PM

That was it.

I think it is just the opposite. I think we play them on the road 10 times and we will lose 7 or 8.

Cassel won't play as well as he did today consistently.

They have a good run defense. We did better today running than I expected to do, perhaps because of Cassel's effectiveness.

Our defense had its worst day of the season, but I don't think they played badly. I think the Texans' multidimensional offense is too much for our defense at this stage of its development, especially in a road game. The D could have tackled better and we would have won today, due to the above average offensive day. But on another day we would tackle better, the Texan's would get their 24 points and we'd struggle to break 20.

philfree
10-17-2010, 11:05 PM
The Chiefs are the only team that the QBs stats are affected by YAC. Amazing and quite special....LOL

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2010, 11:05 PM

But then you fall into a slippery slope. Should we take away Schaub yards when Andre Johnson makes a circus catch on a long bomb? While I understand your point, the play was set up because Cassel found the right guy and led him with a good pass. That's a lot more than we can say for the rest of the season so far.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 11:06 PM
I disagree...

Our offense is underrated...teams HAVE to gameplan against our run which was enough for us to take advantage of their porous pass defense.

We are a better team than the Houston Texans.

And they are a good team.

We will win the AFC West barring a dramatic injury or two to key players.

johnny961
10-17-2010, 11:08 PM

JFC

some people are so dense

it's sickening

Look at Brady's total stats for the year 2007 before you start rambling. Dude threw for an astronomical number of yards that year. http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156

mcaj22
10-17-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not here to side yes or no if Cassel is to blame, but to counter the OP's numbers argument

Texans
Week 1 - 433 yards 3 touchdowns (Peyton)
Week 2 - 426 yards 1 touchdown (McNabb)
Week 3 - 284 yards 2 touchdowns (Romo)
Week 4 - 278 yards 2 touchdowns (Gradkowski)
Week 5 - 297 yards 3 touchdowns (Eli)
Week 6 - 201 yards 3 touchdowns (Cassel)

Now if you use this as a measuring stick, (which you should, because it's the fucking 31st ranked PASS DEFENSE in the ENTIRE LEAGUE) then that means the numbers a skewed to make even bad players look good.

Cassel falls somewhere around and or under the Bruce Gradkowski/Tony Romo range and I think the consensus around here is those guys stink, so I'm sure a similar case can be made for Cassel.

I'm not saying to blame him for the loss, but I'm saying his numbers are far under what the Texans have given up against other QBs and I'm not sure if his numbers are skewed because the play calling has him on such a short leash (compared to all the other QBs the Texans have faced that pretty much have free reign to be a gunslinger) or he is really that bad. But either way, it paints him in a very serviceable light when you see how a range of 5 (good and bad) QBs have also done against the Texans this season.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Look at Brady's total stats for the year 2007 before you start rambling. Dude threw for an astronomical number of yards that year. http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156
and a lot of them were from YAC you dickhole

JFC

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm not here to side yes or no if Cassel is to blame, but to counter the OP's numbers argument

Texans
Week 1 - 433 yards 3 touchdowns (Peyton)
Week 2 - 426 yards 1 touchdown (McNabb)
Week 3 - 284 yards 2 touchdowns (Romo)
Week 4 - 278 yards 2 touchdowns (Gradkowski)
Week 5 - 297 yards 3 touchdowns (Eli)
Week 6 - 201 yards 3 touchdowns (Cassel)

Now if you use this as a measuring stick, (which you should, because it's the ****ing 31st ranked PASS DEFENSE in the ENTIRE LEAGUE) then that means the numbers a skewed to make even bad players look good.

Cassel falls somewhere around and or under the Bruce Gradkowski/Tony Romo range and I think the consensus around here is those guys stink, so I'm sure a similar case can be made for Cassel.

I'm not saying to blame him for the loss, but I'm saying his numbers are far under what the Texans have given up against other QBs and I'm not sure if his numbers are skewed because the play calling has him on such a short leash (compared to all the other QBs the Texans have faced that pretty much have free reign to be a gunslinger) or he is really that bad. But either way, it paints him in a very serviceable light when you see how a range of 5 (good and bad) QBs have also done against the Texans this season.

cool dickhead

now post all of those teams and the amount of rushing yards they had against Houston

go go go

YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUCKING MORONS

johnny961
10-17-2010, 11:13 PM

JFC

some people are so dense

it's sickening

Didn't finish my rant. Look at Brady's stats for 2007. Comparing Brady to Cassel is assinine.

KC Tattoo
10-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Is Cassel the guy you want in the playoffs? That's the question that begs to be asked. I don't think he can get us past the next level in the playoffs when it really counts. Super Bowl be damned with this guy. We have tools to be a good team this year but next year we should be primed for contintion to be serious continders and still have QB issues. I want us to draft a QB for the prospect of being a continder year in and year out for the long hall. Cassel is just another rehash QB that will show flashes at times then backpedle other times. He had a good outing against a piss poor passing defense, good for him. He is showing improvement fine, I'm not going to crown his ass unless he wins big in the playoffs damn it.

This team has a ways to go. Our schedule gets easier from here and will help us, but lets not get over hyped eather for that. We got to win our games out right, and we can't count on the rest of the division to lose every game. I'm looking forward to a solid season of improvement & take over the division but more than that isn't in this years plans I'm afraid. Next year watch out. Still asking for a QB that we draft and mold into a gem at QB. Yea more growing pains i'm sure, but the reward will be so sweet if we do it right. The team can carry a young QB like it is carrying a 28 yo back up this year. Cassel didn't win us this game at the end. I'm not blaming him for the loss but he didn't win it for us.

johnny961
10-17-2010, 11:16 PM
and a lot of them were from YAC you dickhole

JFC

So an insult is the best comeback you can muster? ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Didn't finish my rant. Look at Brady's stats for 2007. Comparing Brady to Cassel is assinine.

Agreed.

Taking yards away from Cassel because Bowe made a play is also asinine...

see my point yet?

mcaj22
10-17-2010, 11:17 PM
cool dickhead

now post all of those teams and the amount of rushing yards they had against Houston

go go go

YOU GUYS ARE ALL ****ING MORONS

If you can fucking read I clearly stated in the post about some of the QBs having free reign to gunsling, which means they just pass and don't rely on the run game.

But apparently you are too fucking stupid to take that point into consideration which totally negates your post about rushing yards.

I get that those teams aren't going to run on the Texans, which brings up the argument of Cassel being on a shorter leash compared to....dare I say....

other real NFL QBs, which those numbers in the passing game support.

Shogun
10-17-2010, 11:18 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs are to blame for the loss. Everybody Happy?

Win as a team, Lose as a team.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 11:19 PM
why would we pass the ball all over the place when we scored 31 fucking points using the running game and scored on 4 straight fucking possessions???

Seriously...

how retarded can this fan base get to bash Cassel and the offense after this game???

Seriously?

OMG

You guys are...

FUCKING

STUPID

FAX
10-17-2010, 11:19 PM
It's interesting how differently people can perceive the same game. I was just thinking about that first drive ... how many 4th down conversions in that drive?

I mean, if Haley hadn't made the decision to go for it on 4th down both times (and, of course, had we not benefited from the PI call on 4th and 2 at the 17 - an incomplete pass), we would have attempted a field goal ... not scored the first TD. Our next three series end in punts ... meanwhile, the Texans score and we're down by 4, at least ... not tied.

In a lot of ways, for the Chiefs, this game was a bit of an aberration and, hopefully, a valuable learning experience.

FAX

Just Passin' By
10-17-2010, 11:22 PM
If you can ****ing read I clearly stated in the post about some of the QBs having free reign to gunsling, which means they just pass and don't rely on the run game.

But apparently you are too ****ing stupid to take that point into consideration which totally negates your post about rushing yards.

I get that those teams aren't going to run on the Texans, which brings up the argument of Cassel being on a shorter leash compared to....dare I say....

The Chiefs are a running and short/medium pass team, and the team was playing that way for pretty much the entire game. The offense did as it was designed to. Your argument ignores that, which is why pointing to those other teams' numbers doesn't really make a lot of sense.

KCSupersized
10-17-2010, 11:25 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs are to blame for the loss. Everybody Happy?

Win as a team, Lose as a team.

FTW

Oh Snap
10-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Given that this game was against the 32nd ranked pass D, which is giving up well over 300 passing yards per game...somehow I am unimpressed with the mediocre performance Cassel put up...

This was his game to "Break out" if you will...he didnt do that. And he sure as hell didnt come through like we needed him to...In the end though, this game was lost because our defense decided to take a sunday off. Scoring 31 points for this offense should be more than enough.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2010, 11:28 PM
statboy geeks who don't know what they watch

that's all it is

and i'm done for the night on this dumbass site filled with dumbass fans

Shogun
10-17-2010, 11:29 PM

that's all it is

I resent that.

johnny961
The Chiefs are a running and short/medium pass team, and the team was playing that way for pretty much the entire game. The offense did as it was designed to. Your argument ignores that, which is why pointing to those other teams' numbers doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Fair enough assessment. Bottom line is it sucks not having a good enough pass offense to exploit an obvious weakness in an opponents pass defense. That was obvious in our gameplan.

Count Zarth
GoChiefs is ignorant.

Our gameplan was to run the fucking ball...

And what happens in the playoffs when we have a bad day and CAN'T run the ball?

WHAT THEN?

WHO'S GOING TO FUCKING SAVE US?

DEXTER MCFUCKSTICK?

Shogun
10-17-2010, 11:31 PM
And what happens in the playoffs when we have a bad day and CAN'T run the ball?

WHAT THEN?

WHO'S GOING TO ****ING SAVE US?

DEXTER MC****STICK?

Touchdown Jesus

/knowmo

johnny961
10-17-2010, 11:34 PM

that's all it is

Thanks for the compliments. Good Riddance.

Silock
10-17-2010, 11:35 PM
I disagree...

Our offense is underrated...teams HAVE to gameplan against our run which was enough for us to take advantage of their porous pass defense.

Funny enough, that's exactly what we did to them.

We will win the AFC West barring a dramatic injury or two to key players.

I agree with this assessment at this point in the season. We may see some slipping up, though. I hope not. I hope we're more disciplined than that.

Just Passin' By
10-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Fair enough assessment. Bottom line is it sucks not having a good enough pass offense to exploit an obvious weakness in an opponents pass defense. That was obvious in our gameplan.

That argument would be valid if the Chiefs had actually been unable to exploit that pass defense. It was able to do so, though, within the framework of the game plan. That's why the passing numbers don't really matter, which is what I was trying to point out with the 2003 Patriots example from earlier in the thread.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Maladjusted?

Why not just say classless and deranged...

Silock
10-17-2010, 11:37 PM
why would we pass the ball all over the place when we scored 31 fucking points using the running game and scored on 4 straight fucking possessions???

Seriously...

how retarded can this fan base get to bash Cassel and the offense after this game???

Seriously?

OMG

You guys are...

FUCKING

STUPID

We're not bashing them for the majority of the game; just the parts where they sucked and had a chance to put the game away.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 11:38 PM
BTW, no one fucking cares what stats Tom Brady had in 2003....fucking ridiculous....by that age he had already won a Super Bowl and had a 3,800, 28 TD season in which he attempted 600 passes because his team couldn't run the ball.

That was his SECOND SEASON AS A STARTER.

If anyone brings up Tom Brady in comparison to Matt Casshole again they lose a teste.

Shogun
10-17-2010, 11:39 PM
THIS IS NOT A FANSITE ITS A CRITIC SITE.

....what

Just Passin' By
10-17-2010, 11:47 PM
BTW, no one ****ing cares what stats Tom Brady had in 2003....****ing ridiculous....by that age he had already won a Super Bowl and had a 3,800, 28 TD season in which he attempted 600 passes because his team couldn't run the ball.

That was his SECOND SEASON AS A STARTER.

If anyone brings up Tom Brady in comparison to Matt Casshole again they lose a teste.

Pointing out passing yards in a similar Weis-led system is perfectly sensible when people like you are deliberately trying to stir up shit by making idiotic arguments.

And Cassel threw for just under 3700 yards in his first year as an NFL starter.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 11:50 PM
No, it's not sensible.

It's fucking cherry picking.

And you left out the fact that most of the time, when he put up less productive passing days, that's all that was needed, because his defense was kicking fucking ass.

When the opposing quarterback is raping our secondary in the fourth quarter I want a Chiefs quarterback who can respond.

BossChief
If you are washing Cassels balls over his performance today, you might just want to skip over this post:

We played the worst pass defense in all of football today and Matt Cassel put up barely over 200 yards against it.

He played the way a backup plays when he comes in for the starter. That's it.

I'm glad he looked better than he has in other contests, but better than shit doesn't equal chocolate ice cream.

He wasn't the only reason we lost this game, far from it, but he IS a reason we didn't win it ...when we could have.

Lets just hope things are STARTING to slow down for the guy a little and that he will continue to play better each week and it wasn't just because we were facing an embarrassing pass defense today that makes every quarterback look good, but only made ours look serviceable.

That is all.

johnny961
That argument would be valid if the Chiefs had actually been unable to exploit that pass defense. It was able to do so, though, within the framework of the game plan. That's why the passing numbers don't really matter, which is what I was trying to point out with the 2003 Patriots example from earlier in the thread.

The point I was making was that out of what I beleive was 67 total plays on offense, 29 of these were pass attempts. 38 run attempts. The gameplan obviously favored the run when we were facing a team with a poor pass defense. Doesn't say much with regards to our coaches faith in our passing game.

BossChief
10-17-2010, 11:53 PM
When the opposing quarterback is raping our secondary in the fourth quarter I want a Chiefs quarterback who can respond.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just Passin' By
10-17-2010, 11:53 PM
No, it's not sensible.

It's ****ing cherry picking.

And you left out the fact that most of the time, when he put up less productive passing days, that's all that was needed, because his defense was kicking ****ing ass.

Nothing "cherry picking" about it, since it was pointing out the production numbers of a similar offense run by Weis. And you're leaving out the fact that the Chiefs were in the lead, so the game plan was working and that was "all that was needed" at the time.

yhf
10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Well color me a dumb****. I think Matty made a few brilliant plays today (plays that put us in the game in the first ****ing place).

In my mind we shouldn't hold him accountable for failing to win the game in spite of a poor defensive showing. It seems quite clear that if he had not played so well the defense would not have been exposed in an utter failure to protect a lead.

In short Cassel's great play left the defense open to failure. Given the task of protecting a lead and salting a win away the defense failed.

That's OK! As a ****ing stupid noob (Danes latest rep kiss) I proclaim that this teams arrow is pointing ****ing up. At the end of the day if we are worth a shit this kind of loss will only make us better... or something... dammit.

mcaj22
10-17-2010, 11:55 PM

The argument is, if we had a QB that can throw the ****ing ball, we win the game. We don't have a gunslinger, we don't have a Matt Schaub that's good for a couple 30/40 yard money pass plays that totally change the game. Like you said, short/medium pass game. The short/medium pass doesn't win the race, it may look nice and cute in the box score, but it doesn't get it done.

Blick
10-17-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't know why people keep bitching about Cassel's yardage output. He threw 3 TD's. Nobody has thrown more TD's on the Texans, and scoring points > putting up meaningless yards. How many yards was he supposed to throw for when we almost had 2 guys rush for 100 yards?

Rain Man
10-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Cassel actually played very well for 59 minutes today, and I applaud him. In the last minute he was the worst quarterback ever to set foot on a field, and unfortunately that happened at a time when he was highly visible, and it's the last thing we'll see of him for a week.

Of course, Barry Richardson's complete and utter failure on the last play wasn't Cassel's fault.

Count Zarth
10-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Cassel was 4-8 for 46 yards in the fourth quarter.

To the tugboat.

BossChief
10-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Dude, IMO Cassel didnt make "brilliant plays" today. He made plays that are EXPECTED from NFL BACKUPS and SECOND YEAR QUARTERBACKS. We are just so used to seeing the TOTAL AND COMPLETE GARBAGE that is his usual self that anything a step up from that is now being taken as ELEVENTY GREATNESS!!!1111111111

The guy went up against Bartee and Warfield today (with Wesley and some other scrub at safety) and came out with 200 yards of passing yards to show for it when backup level players light that secondary up for 300 routinely.

johnny961
10-18-2010, 12:00 AM

Exactly.

philfree
No, it's not sensible.

It's ****ing cherry picking.

And you left out the fact that most of the time, when he put up less productive passing days, that's all that was needed, because his defense was kicking ****ing ass.

While I agree with the sentiment Schaub had enough time to take a piture of his tool and text it to some chick in the tunnel on about every play. Besides the last 28 seconds I have a hard time faulting Cassel in this loss.
He threw 3 TDs.

Just Passin' By
The point I was making was that out of what I beleive was 67 total plays on offense, 29 of these were pass attempts. 38 run attempts. The gameplan obviously favored the run when we were facing a team with a poor pass defense. Doesn't say much with regards to our coaches faith in our passing game.

This team has Charles and Jones, and is running an offense that's similar to what the Patriots ran under Weis. In 2001, the team ran just about 50/50 (473/482). In 2003, the team had 60 more passes than runs. Those are winning years with running backs like Antowain Smith toting the rock. In 2004, the team rushed more than it passed (524-485).

This is what Weis historically does with a winning team that's staying in games.

KC Tattoo
I don't know why people keep bitching about Cassel's yardage output. He threw 3 TD's. Nobody has thrown more TD's on the Texans, and scoring points > putting up meaningless yards. How many yards was he supposed to throw for when we almost had 2 guys rush for 100 yards?

Yea but, the play on 3rd and 2 he ****ed it up at the same time to close the game. You can't call him a clutch QB, he is far from an elite that will take us to the promise land. He didn't out right lose the game for us but he didn't win it for us eather, and there are games that you want our QB to win it for us. Can't expect the defense to bail out the offense every week. Just like last week against the Colts. Cassel needs to play like he gets paid.

Just Passin' By
10-18-2010, 12:02 AM
The argument is, if we had a QB that can throw the ****ing ball, we win the game. We don't have a gunslinger, we don't have a Matt Schaub that's good for a couple 30/40 yard money pass plays that totally change the game. Like you said, short/medium pass game. The short/medium pass doesn't win the race, it may look nice and cute in the box score, but it doesn't get it done.

The argument sucks. Peyton Manning can "throw the ****ing ball", and he lost to the Texans, and put up fewer points against them than did Cassel. Also, short/medium passes won 3 Super Bowls with Weis/Crennel.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2010, 12:05 AM
#1) No one is placing the blame all at the feet of Cassel. That's a bullshit strawman.
#2) Cassel deserves a portion of the blame for the inability to hit three consecutive open receivers. The biggest miss was, of course, the third and 2 shitbomb to Moeaki. As a QB you have to make that throw.

Count Zarth
10-18-2010, 12:06 AM
While I agree with the sentiment Schaub had enough time to take a piture of his tool and text it to some chick in the tunnel on about every play. Besides the last 28 seconds I have a hard time faulting Cassel in this loss.
He threw 3 TDs.

WTF did Schaub do on the game's go-ahead clusterfuck?

He was pressured, bailed out and made a stupendous play off his back foot, no less.

Cassel couldn't throw it 10 yards in the same situation let alone 25.

Count Zarth
10-18-2010, 12:07 AM
The guy went up against Bartee and Warfield today (with Wesley and some other scrub at safety) and came out with 200 yards of passing yards to show for it when backup level players light that secondary up for 300 routinely.

Stealing this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I
Lets just hope things are STARTING to slow down for the guy a little and that he will continue to play better each week and it wasn't just because we were facing an embarrassing pass defense today that makes every quarterback look good, but only made ours look serviceable.

That is all.

I'm suddenly reminded of the first time "Weapons of Mass Destruction" came up in a WH Press Conference.

I think we have our carefully crafted phrase, now when he plays the next four worst pass Ds in football, we can definitively say that after 6 years in the league and 40 starts, things will have begun to slow down for him.

Blick
10-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Yea but, the play on 3rd and 2 he ****ed it up at the same time to close the game. You can't call him a clutch QB, he is far from an elite that will take us to the promise land. He didn't out right lose the game for us but he didn't win it for us eather, and there are games that you want our QB to win it for us. Can't expect the defense to bail out the offense every week. Just like last week against the Colts. Cassel needs to play like he gets paid.

I don't like Cassel either, but I put that blame on Weis for that play call. It was awful. The running game was money all day, and we should have ran the ball there. Weis should know better than to put the ball in Cassel's hands in that situation. But, if you're going to throw there, call a better fucking play. The play fake was shit. A fake toss? How many toss plays did we run all day? Like 1? Houston didn't buy it. Fake a hand off on that play and Moeaki is probably wide open. The routes were too deep on that play too. I like going for the kill shot, but that play sucked.

johnny961
10-18-2010, 12:09 AM
He threw 3 TDs.

Your absolutely right here. Our defense did choke, and alot of that was failure to get consistent pressure on the QB. I never faulted Cassel for the loss. He didn't win the game, either.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't like Cassel either, but I put that blame on Weis for that play call. It was awful. The running game was money all day, and we should have ran the ball there. Weis should know better than to put the ball in Cassel's hands in that situation. But, if you're going to throw there, call a better fucking play. The play fake was shit. A fake toss? How many toss plays did we run all day? Like 1? Houston didn't buy it. Fake a hand off on that play and Moeaki is probably wide open. The routes were too deep on that play too. I like going for the kill shot, but that play sucked.

The running game was money all day, save for those situations. You do realize the reason why we went for it on 4th and short so many times is because we got stonewalled on 3rd, right?

yhf
10-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Dude, IMO Cassel didnt make "brilliant plays" today. He made plays that are EXPECTED from NFL BACKUPS and SECOND YEAR QUARTERBACKS. We are just so used to seeing the TOTAL AND COMPLETE GARBAGE that is his usual self that anything a step up from that is now being taken as ELEVENTY GREATNESS!!!1111111111

the pass to bowe in the end zone was nothing short of ELEVENTY BRILLIANT!!!

Really though, it was damn good. Better than i would expect from colt mcoy or brady quinn or jimmy pickles or any other hyped up second string NFL college prick that has been discussed ad infinitum.

Count Zarth
10-18-2010, 12:15 AM

Really though, it was damn good. Better than i would expect from colt mcoy or brady quinn or jimmy pickles or any other hyped up second string NFL college prick that has been discussed ad infinitum.

I was very happy with that throw.

I'm trying to think of another one that really impressed me and I can't.

:(

Oh I know...

It's a sad commentary on Matt Cassel when I was really impressed by his 3rd and 7 conversion to Moeaki in the 4th. Made a snap decision and threw accurately.

Blick
10-18-2010, 12:18 AM
The running game was money all day, save for those situations. You do realize the reason why we went for it on 4th and short so many times is because we got stonewalled on 3rd, right?

Getting stuffed on 3rd and 2 and keeping the clock running or forcing Houston to take a timeout is still better than what happened.

It also might have opened up the option to go for it on 4th and short there.

As soon as we put the game in the hands of the defense, I knew we lost.

KC Tattoo
10-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't like Cassel either, but I put that blame on Weis for that play call. It was awful. The running game was money all day, and we should have ran the ball there. Weis should know better than to put the ball in Cassel's hands in that situation. But, if you're going to throw there, call a better ****ing play. The play fake was shit. A fake toss? How many toss plays did we run all day? Like 1? Houston didn't buy it. Fake a hand off on that play and Moeaki is probably wide open. The routes were too deep on that play too. I like going for the kill shot, but that play sucked.

I agree totally, bad play call. Cassel still needed to find a way for the first down, it is his job when it is on the line. That was a make it or break it ending the hopes of Texasses winning the game. I thought it could have been a naked bootleg and run for the first down TWO FREAKING YARDS is all we needed. I figure Cassel should be getting better but he is not good enough for a wiff at the Super Bowl and that is what I am belly aching about him. Hope he proves me wrong and I would be happy after the fact.....

Blick
10-18-2010, 12:19 AM
The 3rd and 8 completion for a 1st down to Bowe on the first drive(?) was a good throw. Doesn't mean shit...just sayin.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Getting stuffed on 3rd and 2 and keeping the clock running or forcing Houston to take a timeout is still better than what happened.

It also might have opened up the option to go for it on 4th and short there.

As soon as we put the game in the hands of the defense, I knew we lost.

Getting stuffed on 3rd would have had no material outcome on the game (remember, Houston hadn't exhausted their TOs and were leisurely driving), and there is no way even Todd Haley is crazy enough to go for it at his own 40 when the other team has 2+ minutes left when only up 3 and a kicker with range from 50 on the other sideline.

BossChief
10-18-2010, 12:22 AM

Really though, it was damn good. Better than i would expect from colt mcoy or brady quinn or jimmy pickles or any other hyped up second string NFL college prick that has been discussed ad infinitum.AS I said though, it is the type of pass a second year quarterback is EXPECTED to make and if a backup is to last in this league, he also must make those plays.

Good quarterbacks in this league complete 4-5 of those per game and also throw in 2-3 deep balls with similar accuracy against secondaries like the one we faced today.

Today put my worst fear in realization (any many others here as well) that THIS is who Cassel CAN BE. Hopefully, Pioli isnt stuck to the idea that THIS is good enough for US.

A guy that loses shootouts against teams with real quarterbacks because he doesnt have what it takes to make the play when the team NEEDS IT.

We rushed for well over 200 yards against a team with the worst NFL pass defense, we should have been able to throw the ball all over the place AT WILL and attack deep throughout the game again, AT WILL. Our best pass was a 17 yard strike (that was equal to the one he threw last year in a loss to Dallas at the end of regulation...another game we lost because he couldnt produce 15 yards in OT when the defense got him the ball back with a first and 10 on the 50 in OT with a kicker that makes 50+ yarders with consistency)

Blick
10-18-2010, 12:26 AM
I agree totally, bad play call. Cassel still needed to find a way for the first down, it is his job when it is on the line. That was a make it or break it ending the hopes of Texasses winning the game. I thought it could have been a naked bootleg and run for the first down TWO FREAKING YARDS is all we needed. I figure Cassel should be getting better but he is not good enough for a wiff at the Super Bowl and that is what I am belly aching about him. Hope he proves me wrong and I would be happy after the fact.....

Cassel sucks and we all know it (or should). Even Weis knows it and game plans accordingly. That's why the 3rd and 2 call was so frustrating. Weis called a good game and Cassel played well within the game plan, but then Weis deviated from the game plan at the most critical point in the game. We know Cassel is going to let us down. We can't afford for Weis to do that.

philfree
10-18-2010, 12:28 AM
WTF did Schaub do on the game's go-ahead cluster****?

He was pressured, bailed out and made a stupendous play off his back foot, no less.

Cassel couldn't throw it 10 yards in the same situation let alone 25.

I'm not making excuses for Cassel but he's not the reason we lost the game. You wanna say Schaub is better then great but he did have a ton of time to throw the ball in this game.

WTF happend to last week when Hali had 11 pressures and a sack?

yhf
10-18-2010, 12:28 AM
I was very happy with that throw.

I'm trying to think of another one that really impressed me and I can't.

:(

Oh I know...

It's a sad commentary on Matt Cassel when I was really impressed by his 3rd and 7 conversion to Moeaki in the 4th. Made a snap decision and threw accurately.

Consider the third down conversion to Bowe that was reviewed. Matt was under pressure, stepped up in the pocket and gunned a pass for a first down, during a critical drive. Good shit brother. Dare i might say, star quality shit (yeah I know fleeting and ultimately meaningless).

Count Zarth
10-18-2010, 12:30 AM
That sucked ass. The ball basically hit the ground.

Noodle armed it.

Count Zarth
10-18-2010, 12:32 AM
The one positive thing I will say about Cassel, and the area where he showed a lot more improvement today was pocket awareness and navigating the pocket to make throws.

He did a good job because the protection broke down a lot.

Blick
10-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Getting stuffed on 3rd would have had no material outcome on the game (remember, Houston hadn't exhausted their TOs and were leisurely driving), and there is no way even Todd Haley is crazy enough to go for it at his own 40 when the other team has 2+ minutes left when only up 3 and a kicker with range from 50 on the other sideline.

Having 1 timeout and the 2 minute warning instead of 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning to work with would have put more pressure on Houston to hurry, which would have made the drive less leisurely and more mistake-prone.

yhf
10-18-2010, 12:40 AM
The one positive thing I will say about Cassel, and the area where he showed a lot more improvement today was pocket awareness and navigating the pocket to make throws.

He did a good job "because" or he did a good job "when"?

Your filthy hater bias is showing through your left coast hippie skirt. How bout them Rangers by the way! :bravo:

Blick
10-18-2010, 12:42 AM

And that killed our ability to go down field with the passing game.

Reminds me of one play that I called before they even snapped it. We lined up in our heavy run set, with Horne as the only receiver at the bottom of the screen instead of Copper. As soon as I saw Horne lined up, I knew we were going to take a shot deep off play action. We tried, Cassel got pressured, avoided pressure, but then got another guy in his face and had to throw the ball away.

BossChief
10-18-2010, 12:44 AM
I almost spit part of my Wendys frosty all over my computer screen when I read "star quality shit"

You crack me up yhf

ROFL

Gravedigger
10-18-2010, 12:53 AM
It was our defense and the refs that blew the game. This was just like the 2003 Colts playoff game where we couldn't stop them and they couldn't stop us, the only difference is we punted in this game.

KC Tattoo
10-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Yea, don't blame Cassel for the loss, but ya can't give him credit for the win when we loss.

yhf
10-18-2010, 01:04 AM
I almost spit part of my Wendys frosty all over my computer screen when I read "star quality shit"

You crack me up yhf

ROFL

Shit man have you ever tried dipping your fries in the Frosty?

If Wendy's would market the Frosty/fry combo they could overtake mcnastyfuckingdirtydonalds in a matter of weeks.

BossChief
10-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Shit man have you ever tried dipping your fries in the Frosty?

all the time. Was my favorite as a kid as well.

yhf
10-18-2010, 01:16 AM
all the time. Was my favorite as a kid as well.

Very well. I am glad to see that we can agree on the proper combination of fast food filth. I like the cut of your jib BossChief.

BossChief
10-18-2010, 01:25 AM
I like the cut of your jib BossChief.
I dont know what this means, but it sounds weird.

Im not a sailor.

yhf
10-18-2010, 01:32 AM
I dont know what this means, but it sounds weird.

Im not a sailor.

You show an advanced knowledge of sail terminology for a non sailor. That's a good thing I guess. Or maybe you just recognize a fairly common semi-colloquial phrase.

Or maybe it's late and I should just shut the hell up.:D

Lets go with the last one.

FAX
10-18-2010, 02:28 AM
My compliments to all involved. This has evolved into an excellent debate over a terrible player.

You don't run into those every day.

FAX

|Zach|
10-18-2010, 03:21 AM
http://beckyacarey.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/10315-cc69d5-541-365.jpg?w=541&h=365

beach tribe
10-18-2010, 05:34 AM
You can't tell these knuckleheads anything.

Wow you're so clever. Let's break down your user name.

Caps: KC HATER

Ebolapox
10-18-2010, 06:04 AM
maladjusted freaks? one of the more intriguing insults I've seen in a while.

Bane
10-18-2010, 06:06 AM

I have to agree that Matt Cassel played very well yesterday.

OnTheWarpath58
10-18-2010, 08:27 AM
So, it's official.

We're so starved for decent QB play that a 200 yard day against the 32nd ranked pass defense is an excellent day.

With that said, this loss isn't solely on Cassel, and I don't see anyone claiming as much.

I do, however, see some people have put on their objectivity hats and pointing out that you can't disappear in the 4th quarter of a game and expect to win.

It happened on both sides of the ball.

I can only hope that Todd's message isn't about being the victim of a bad call, but pointing out that you have to play a full 60 minutes to win in this league, not 53.

Our offense held the ball for 55 seconds in the last 7:05 - not counting the last possession.

That's unacceptable.

The defense allowed 14 points in the last 7 minutes.

That's unacceptable.

Both sides of the ball contributed to the loss, and ST and coaching didn't exactly help either.

Lzen
10-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Sigh....I'll just quote myself from the game thread again.

I said it in the game thread and I'll say it again here.

Cassel had a good game. Except for a few key plays at the end. His throw to Moeaki at the end was shitty. He made two horrible throws to open receivers on the last drive. He doesn't get a pass just because he had a decent game for 57 mins or so against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

keg in kc
10-18-2010, 08:30 AM
maladjusted freaks? one of the more intriguing insults I've seen in a while.I've always taken a certain amount of pride in being a maladjusted freak.

Micjones
10-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Cassel isn't the bad guy here. 122 QB rating yesterday.
Arguably his best game as a Chief. Only 9 incompletions the entire day.
And I have long given up hope that he's the QBOTF, but yesterday...he did his damn job.

stevieray
10-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Cassel isn't the bad guy here. 122 QB rating yesterday.
Arguably his best game as a Chief. Only 9 incompletions the entire day.
And I have long given up hope that he's the QBOTF, but yesterday...he did his damn job.

did you watch the skins/colts game?

PM had a chance to seal the game after the Redskins final score, and he threw three incompletions, and then when the 41 million guaranteed DM had the chance to go 80 yards in 32 seconds and win the game, he did WHAT?

...talk about crappy franchise QB play. PM keeps winning in spite of himself.

Lzen
10-18-2010, 08:46 AM

Who the **** cares?

If you don't understand the significance then there's no point in even discussing things with you. :shake: It has major implications on a lot of other things. I'm sorry that you're too naive or uneducated to understand that.

Micjones
10-18-2010, 08:52 AM
did you watch the skins/colts game?

PM had a chance to seal the game after the Redskins final score, and he threw three incompletions, and then when the 41 million guaranteed DM had the chance to go 80 yards in 32 seconds and win the game, he did WHAT?

...talk about crappy franchise QB play. PM keeps winning in spite of himself.

Manning has a 103.4 QB Rating this season.
13 TD's to just 2 Interceptions. 67% completion percentage...

What are you talking about?

Oh Snap
10-18-2010, 01:02 PM
I wont pin this loss on cassel. He does need to continue to improve, and I hope to god he does!

This game was not won or lost by cassel though. The defense gave up way to much yardage, was unable to get off the field on third down, and gave up to many TDs. Its the defenses fault we lost this game...cassel played good enough to win.

People need to understand that we do not have a peyton manning or a tom brady. I recall Tom Brady used to sucking...Now, cassel isnt a brady, but it could happen. Look at drew brees in 2003...he was horrible! So players can transform and become better. Im hoping cassel can do the same. He played well yesterday, and lets hope he learned a lot. His confidence needs to improve...he needs to quit trying to make things happen by forcing the ball. take the check downs if the long pass isnt there.

Thats what I see most with Cassel, Hes trying to make the play to quite all the skeptics..I dont blame him either, but ya gotta slow things down....Also, why didnt they give him the run option on that 3rd and 2? Roll him out and see if he can run for the first down if the pass isnt there..dont restrict him.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
This loss wasn't on Cassel and the offense. Anytime you score 31 points you should win the game unless the defense doesn't do their job. The same people that are blaming this loss on Cassel are the same people that blamed Trent Green for our losses when we'd lose every game 35-38 in the early 2000s. When you see a loss of that score anyone that is smart thinks "thanks for sucking it defense, we scored enough to win."

Pants
10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
GoChiefs is wrong.

If our "vaunted" D shows up...we win that game. No doubt. No doubt at all...

and shit...

Cassel even made our abused offensive line (in pass protection) look good today with his mobility.

He could have made more plays...but so could anyone...

This was his BEST game as a Chief...hands down...and he played as well as anyone could ask.

This was on the defense today...and the special teams...and maybe even the pass protection a bit.

He was in such command that we got a FUCKING DELAY OF GAME AFTER A FUCKING TIMEOUT.

Such great command, I have never seen in my life.

Pants
10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
This loss wasn't on Cassel and the offense. Anytime you score 31 points you should win the game unless the defense doesn't do their job. The same people that are blaming this loss on Cassel are the same people that blamed Trent Green for our losses when we'd lose every game 35-38 in the early 2000s. When you see a loss of that score anyone that is smart thinks "thanks for sucking it defense, we scored enough to win."

Well, I guess the Texans' defense didn't do their job either, yet somehow they still won. Oh wait, I know how - they have a real QB who doesn't shit his pants in the face of pressure (both mental and actual pressure from defenders).

Tom_A_Hawk
10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, I guess the Texans' defense didn't do their job either, yet somehow they still won. Oh wait, I know how - they have a real QB who doesn't shit his pants in the face of pressure (both mental and actual pressure from defenders).

:clap: I love the circular arguments :)
I am in agreement with you. The Defense shit the bed this one game. I am not blaming the D when they did more than anyone expected out of them the first 4 games. We have to rely on the QB once and awhile the way Schaub was relied upon. We will never be able to do that with Cassel.

Johnny Vegas
10-18-2010, 01:28 PM
this was a coaching, play calling failure is what this weeks game outcome was. Haley has got to stop going for it on 4th down when theres 0 points on the board and in the red zone. There's been plenty of times, including the Colts game, where an extra 3-6 points would make a difference. I don't mind him gambling certain 4th downs, but 1st-2nd quarter field goal opportunities shouldn't be wasted especially when both teams haven't put up points yet.

Valiant
10-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Cassel did not make us lose this week. But he did nothing to help when the game mattered.
It took bowe on one catch to make his average as high as it was. All of his throws completed were short as hell. Anything middle of the way or deep were woefully off.

He is a game manager. What he did in the game is the best we can hope for. It is up to the defense and running game to get him victories. Because if not he will huard the bed.

But he is not the main reason for the loss today just a part.

ct
10-18-2010, 03:13 PM
bump the football thread :)

chiefzilla1501
10-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Cassel did not make us lose this week. But he did nothing to help when the game mattered.
It took bowe on one catch to make his average as high as it was. All of his throws completed were short as hell. Anything middle of the way or deep were woefully off.

He is a game manager. What he did in the game is the best we can hope for. It is up to the defense and running game to get him victories. Because if not he will huard the bed.

I didn't see that. I thought they let him do a lot more mid-range stuff today. It wasn't dominated by the screen game as it usually is. Take away the last drive and as a whole, it was a very solid performance where I thought he was less handcuffed than he's ever been.

Your point about him making big throws when the game mattered is definitely relevant. Part of that is to blame on Albert on the 3rd and 2, but my guess is that most big-time QBs easily make that throw even if they're going to get clocked.

milkman
10-19-2010, 08:16 AM

not matt cassel

Matt Cassel is not the reason we lost, and I have no illusions that we should have scored after the Texans scored.

This loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the defense.

Cassel played a great game, relative to what we've come to expect from him, and the offense played well enough to win.

However, when it came time to seal the win on a 3rd and 2, Cassel failed to deliver.

Weis chose to call a pass play, because running the ball in short yardage situations had failed to convert those situations consistently throughout the game.

Cassel isn't responsible for the loss.

He is, however, responsible for not sealing the win.

Bane
10-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Matt Cassel is not the reason we lost, and I have no illusions that we should have scored after the Texans scored.

Cassel played a great game, relative to what we've come to expect from him, and the offense played well enough to win.

However, when it came time to seal the win on a 3rd and 2, Cassel failed to deliver.

Weis chose to call a pass play, because running the ball in short yardage situations had failed to convert those situations consistently throughout the game.

And again we are reminded of the differences between a 1 year wonder,career back up QB and a truly great NFL starting QB. Seriously though I'm not upset with Cassel at all for his overal play in that game.Had the D played as well as prior weeks,31 points would have been more than enough to pull the W in that game.

Extra Point
10-19-2010, 08:26 AM

3rd and 2 with TJ running the ball in the 1 hole would have kept us going. Even Herm Edwards could have coached the rest of the game. That pass play was the lowest percentage play Weis could have called, with the lowest result.

milkman
10-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Do you want to trade QB's with AZ? NO. Then shut up about Cassel. He's not a pro bowl QB yet but he is servicable. I was around for Steve Bono and worse and Cassel is no Bono. How about Elvis Grbac? Todd Blackledge? Most you you don't even know who they are. LOL. The Chiefs have won for years on the backs of decent, but not stellar QB's. Look at the Chargers. On paper they should be kicking the crap out of the AFC and they suck. Not to mention they have the worst coach in the history of the NFL. The Chiefs are a good team that are on the verge of being great. They are going to lose games like they did today throughout the year. Next year they will truly be a seasoned TEAM. I bet anything that they will be picked to make the playoffs be every analyst next year. Nobody picked them to be undefeated after three games. Stop blaming Cassel for the losses solely. Some of you guys are complete babies. The Chiefs are exciting again and are IN every single game they play. Not one game were they blown out. The Chiefs scored thirty one points today. That IS enough to win any game. ANY GAME!!! The so called class of the AFC west got beat by the lowly Rams today. The Chiefs could beat the Rams any day and they beat the Chargers. This team is miles better than last year. If they go 8-8 this year then they are going 11-5 next year and are solidly in the playoffs. We can only hope that the Chargers keep that horrible coach they have. The Chiefs are good and are exciting to watch.

Actually, I would be inclined to trade Matt Cassel straight up for Max Hall.

As to the rset of this post, well, you're dumbass.

I've been around for Dawson.
For Livingston, for Fuller, Pelluer, Blackledge, for Kenney, for DeBerg, etc...

I remember when fans were calling for Beathard to start instead of Dawson.

I remember when I hoped that David Jaynes would be the next great QB.

I've seen them all.

And Matt Cassel makes me long for the days of Bono.

milkman
10-19-2010, 08:29 AM

Not one bit.

and you're right...it was a bullshit mother ****ing PI call...but it should have been a no call...and a no call still resulted in a big gain...no?

Except that Johnson's pushoff allowed him to make a catch that he very likley doesn't make because Flowers would have been in position to make that catch an incompleteion without that push.

milkman
10-19-2010, 08:46 AM
If you can ****ing read I clearly stated in the post about some of the QBs having free reign to gunsling, which means they just pass and don't rely on the run game.

But apparently you are too ****ing stupid to take that point into consideration which totally negates your post about rushing yards.

While the NFL has evolved into a passing league, you still win games and championships with balanced offenses, or at least some semblence of balance.

I haven't looked at the numbers recently, but I'd bet that teams that are consistently getting 300 yard passing games, but little production from the running game are still probably losing upwards of 65% of those games.

milkman
10-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Given that this game was against the 32nd ranked pass D, which is giving up well over 300 passing yards per game...somehow I am unimpressed with the mediocre performance Cassel put up...

This was his game to "Break out" if you will...he didnt do that. And he sure as hell didnt come through like we needed him to...In the end though, this game was lost because our defense decided to take a sunday off. Scoring 31 points for this offense should be more than enough.

Matt Cassel played within the offense, and he played very well.

To call that a mediocre performance just stupid.

If he makes a play on that third and two, this place would be sucking his dick for a great game played.

milkman
10-19-2010, 09:02 AM
If you are washing Cassels balls over his performance today, you might just want to skip over this post:

We played the worst pass defense in all of football today and Matt Cassel put up barely over 200 yards against it.

He played the way a backup plays when he comes in for the starter. That's it.

I'm glad he looked better than he has in other contests, but better than shit doesn't equal chocolate ice cream.

He wasn't the only reason we lost this game, far from it, but he IS a reason we didn't win it ...when we could have.

That is all.

While good teams do try to exploit opposition weaknesses, they also remain true to their identity.

This team's identity is running the ball, and they did so to the tune of 220+ yards against a solid run defense.

They were also able to pass the ball effectively, which suggests that they did exploit that weakness, as well.

The offense played a hell of a game, including Cassel.

milkman
10-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't like Cassel either, but I put that blame on Weis for that play call. It was awful. The running game was money all day, and we should have ran the ball there. Weis should know better than to put the ball in Cassel's hands in that situation. But, if you're going to throw there, call a better ****ing play. The play fake was shit. A fake toss? How many toss plays did we run all day? Like 1? Houston didn't buy it. Fake a hand off on that play and Moeaki is probably wide open. The routes were too deep on that play too. I like going for the kill shot, but that play sucked.

The run game wasn't money in short yardage situations throughout the game.

They came up short running the ball in short yardage situations all day.

Meanwhile, Cassel was actually money is short yardage situations all game long until that last play.

Fuck, I hate Cassel, and I hate defending him, and defending that play call, but goddamn it, that play call in that situation, given the the outcome of plays in similar situations through the course of the game was absolutely the right call.

milkman
10-19-2010, 09:14 AM

Thank you.

JFC, I was beginning to think I was the only one that saw this.

Chiefnj2
10-19-2010, 09:25 AM
The run game wasn't money in short yardage situations throughout the game.

They came up short running the ball in short yardage situations all day.

Meanwhile, Cassel was actually money is short yardage situations all game long until that last play.

****, I hate Cassel, and I hate defending him, and defending that play call, but goddamn it, that play call in that situation, given the the outcome of plays in similar situations through the course of the game was absolutely the right call.

You liked a passing playcall. Did you like the call they actually made?

milkman
10-19-2010, 09:26 AM

That is exactly the reason that I am not concerned that we didn't exploit the Texans pass D anymore than we did.

Cassel is not a guy that can throw the deep ball with any accuaracy or consistency.

He's a guy that is going to have to make plays in the short passing game, and to that we have to contine to run the ball to maximize his effectiveness.

This game is what this offense is, right now, with cassel at QB.

If we can 28-31 points, we should win a lot of games.

Playoff games.

Well, that's another animal altogether.

Coach
10-19-2010, 09:28 AM

I didn't.

I'd perfer a PA bootleg and have the TE go on a 3-4 yard drag, well past the first down marker going at the same direction where the QB is going, not the other side of the field.

milkman
10-19-2010, 09:28 AM
3rd and 2 with TJ running the ball in the 1 hole would have kept us going. Even Herm Edwards could have coached the rest of the game. That pass play was the lowest percentage play Weis could have called, with the lowest result.

3rd and 2 with TJ running the ball in the 1 hole had been stuffed repeatedly in this game.

milkman
10-19-2010, 09:30 AM

I didn't like it that it seemed that Cassel made a presnap decision, and didn't waver from that decision.

milkman
10-19-2010, 09:32 AM
And, as been pointed all, Albert does share some blame for that play, but the fact remains, Cassel bailed as he threw rather than stepping into the throw and delivering a strike.

A well thrown ball there, and that play converts.

FAX
10-19-2010, 09:40 AM
I hate to see you defending Cassrash, Mr. milkman. It's depressing.

Weis is doing everything he can to maximize Cassclamp's limited value to the team and mask his weaknesses. So, prop things to Giant Spikey Head Man for that. But, at this point, we're so accustomed to Casswipe's extremely inconsistent, panicky performances that when he makes a couple of plays, we tend to view it as "good".

I say we don't let him off the hook. We boo and hiss and egg his house and throw beer bottles at his head. Ultimately, we're going nowhere with this doof-monster and all Chiefs fans should demand that he be suspended by his penis from a tree.

FAX

stevieray
10-19-2010, 09:44 AM
I say we don't let him off the hook. We boo and hiss and egg his house and throw beer bottles at his head. Ultimately, we're going nowhere with this doof-monster and all Chiefs fans should demand that he be suspended by his penis from a tree.

FAX

and you want to be a mod..

FAX
10-19-2010, 09:53 AM
and you want to be a mod..

Only if I get to throw beer bottles at Casspipe's head.

FAX

stevieray
10-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Only if I get to throw beer bottles at Casspipe's head.

FAX
...in moderation, I presume.

Otter
10-19-2010, 10:11 AM
I just want to go on the record saying I wish to be recognized as a maladjusted freak. For those of you who haven't figured it out yet it's now official.

MattCassel
10-06-2011, 01:38 AM
I work hard.... It's the coaches fault.

MattCastrated
10-06-2011, 01:49 AM
I even caught my own pass once.

bevischief
10-06-2011, 06:22 AM
I work hard.... It's the coaches fault.

shut up.

bevischief
10-06-2011, 06:22 AM