PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Peter King: Flowers call, worst interference call of the year

Deberg_1990
10-18-2010, 07:01 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/17/mmqb/5.html

The interference call on Brandon Flowers to help seal Kansas City's defeat. Should have been offensive pass interference on Andre Johnson, obviously, but went against the Chiefs and capped their 21-point fourth-quarter meltdown. Worst interference call of the year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/17/mmqb/3.html

13. Kansas City (3-2). Sorry. An official decided that game at Houston. If the Chiefs and Texans play tomorrow in Wichita, I'm taking Kansas City.

rageeumr
10-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Meh. The football gods atoned by giving us a BS interference call in the Denver game.

baitism
10-18-2010, 07:10 AM
I think the call would bother me alot more if he didn't get his feet down. If this had just been a no call, it would have been a bad call, but not epically bad. Receivers get away with murder in the NFL, sometimes literally.

Shogun
10-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Why would they play in Wichita?

SuperSerial
10-18-2010, 07:12 AM
omg another thread full of whining geting fired up? There's already one on here, lol.

yes, the call sucked, but plenty of calls suck. The refs could care less about Houston or throwing the game. Let it go.

suds79
10-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Wow didn't expect that from King.

"Should have been offensive pass interference on Andre Johnson"

Seriously that'll forearm push will never be called.

It should have been a no call. The end result was Johnson still made the catch.

Can't believe this one play is getting so much attention. 21 in the 4th is the story.

WhitiE
10-18-2010, 07:13 AM

neutral field?

dirk digler
10-18-2010, 07:17 AM

Can't believe this one play is getting so much attention. 21 in the 4th is the story.

You didn't watch the Jets-Donkeys game did you? It got called 3 times.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 07:18 AM

That forearm push is called a lot. There have been a lot of offensive PI calls this year.

I just don't understand minimizing a call like that. It had enormous ramifications at the end of the game.

What did bug me about the defense at the end is that the offense had long, sustained drives and they had plenty of time to rest. Maybe last week's game at Indy really physically drained them.

SuperSerial
10-18-2010, 07:19 AM
I don't think AJ got all of his 138 yards on that play. Schaub tossed for 155 friggin' yards in the 4th quarter and they got 8 first downs. I guess the refs did all that too.

the Talking Can
10-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Defensive Player of the Week

Cameron Wake, LB, Miami

The two-time Canadian Football League defensive player of the year, who always knew he could play in the NFL, is finally proving it. He had three sacks Sunday in the Dolphins' overtime win at Green Bay, giving him six in five games. The combination of Wake and Koa Misi -- who has three sacks of his own in this rookie season -- was a risky one by Miami because of their inexperience. But they've played great together and look like Miami's pass-rush combination of the future.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/17/mmqb/4.html#ixzz12iTlP900

weren't we looking at this guy in the offseason...

The Bad Guy
I don't think AJ got all of his 138 yards on that play. Schaub tossed for 155 friggin' yards in the 4th quarter and they got 8 first downs. I guess the refs did all that too.

2nd and 20 on your own 35 is far different than first and 10 on the KC 24.

The Bad Guy
weren't we looking at this guy in the offseason...

2 years ago.

The guy is a stud.

Tom_A_Hawk

that is pretty much the way I see it.

the Talking Can
10-18-2010, 07:25 AM
2 years ago.

The guy is a stud.

ah, right....

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 07:27 AM
yeah it never got called on tony g.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 07:31 AM

I don't know if it is in Atlanta, but the NFL is calling far more offensive PI penalties this year than in the past.

Shogun
10-18-2010, 07:32 AM

Its a process

stevieray
10-18-2010, 07:35 AM
not gonna blame the refs for the loss, but that call contributed.

google ron winters calls flags..the guy has a history of throwing game changing yellow hankies..

KC Tattoo
10-18-2010, 07:36 AM
That was a bogus call and should have gone against Andre Johnson:cuss:

It happened in the Dallas game but it was called offensive pass interference. The WR did the same damn thing. We did get screwed on that play, however this is football and it is part of the game and I'm sure we get away with calls like that or none calls too. Still pisses me off cuz if the idiot ref called it offensive pass interference we were bound to win the game.

Maybe we will get an apology from the league:rolleyes:

Frazod
10-18-2010, 07:36 AM
As I've said all along, I hang this loss on that idiot Weis and the resurgent Detards. However, it's nice to see at least a couple of the talkingsportsheads acknowledge that we got boned on that play.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 07:40 AM
flowers played a hell of a game yesterday.

Shogun
10-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Im going to bet that this call lights an even bigger fire under Flowers ass and he will be on an absolute ****ing terror.

Revis Island? He's gonna be plantin' Flowers all over that bitch.

Nzoner
10-18-2010, 07:50 AM
As I've said all along, I hang this loss on that idiot Weis and the resurgent Detards. However, it's nice to see at least a couple of the talkingsportsheads acknowledge that we got boned on that play.

That call took me back to another game against the Texans at Arrowhead when you and I had a discussion about shit being fixed and point shaving.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 07:51 AM

Clearly an ax to grind with Weis.

Bill Lundberg
10-18-2010, 07:56 AM
not gonna blame the refs for the loss, but that call contributed.

google ron winters calls flags..the guy has a history of throwing game changing yellow hankies..

There was a point in the broadcast where one of the announcers when he thought he was off air uttered the following: "Ron Winters crew always brings an extra bucket of flags"...

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 08:01 AM
hell they damn near blew the coin toss.

Hog Farmer
10-18-2010, 08:06 AM

You dipshit, if they hadn't gotten 21 we win. That BAD CALL contributed directly to that 21!

grandllama
10-18-2010, 08:07 AM
...Seriously that'll forearm push will never be called...

Hmm.... it was called in the Dallas game...

TheGuardian
10-18-2010, 08:07 AM

Wow, you are an idiotic fucktard.

stevieray
10-18-2010, 08:15 AM

ClevelandBronco
10-18-2010, 08:15 AM

Because if they played in Kansas City they could be subject to blackout.

Micjones
10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
I hope the defense doesn't harp on this call and takes responsibility for not protecting the 10-point lead they were given. That will make us a better football team. Griping about the refs...won't.

Maybe this will be a learning experience for us?
That you can't just go to sleep when you have a lead like this.
Even when you've done a good job against a high-powered offense for one half of the game.

Deberg_1990

heh, someone needs to post screen shots of Flowers goin off on that ref. At first he did a good job of ignoring Flowers, but then it looked like he was going to throw him out later on.

Rooster

I'm not sure but I like the idea.:D

Chiefnj2
10-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Flowers should have concentrated on trying to keep playing the ball and the man, instead of throwing his hands up and looking for a ref.

headsnap
10-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Flowers should have concentrated on trying to keep playing the ball and the man, instead of throwing his hands up and looking for a ref.

:shake:

ROFL

Mr. Arrowhead
10-18-2010, 08:24 AM
kind of hard when he get push in the back and flies 3 yards

keg in kc
10-18-2010, 08:26 AM
I thought it was a horrible call, but good teams find ways to overcome those.

Although I will say that, on the other hand, I'm also a big believer in momentum, and maybe the correct call there turns things.

But good teams find a way to win anyway.

siberian khatru
10-18-2010, 08:27 AM

I think his hands flew up because he was trying to keep his balance, and he couldn't play the man any tighter because the man had just created separation with a shove to the back. Now, if Johnson had stayed inbounds and Flowers spent more time looking for a flag instead of tackling him, I think that criticism would be justified.

Coogs
10-18-2010, 08:36 AM

It probably could have been a no call. HOWEVER, once the flag was out of the refs pocket, and the ref came up with defensive pass interference vs offensive pass interference... :shake:

kepp
10-18-2010, 08:39 AM

I'd agree with that if it's in the middle of a game, but not with less than two minutes left in a tight game. That's a 40 yard swing.

Shogun
10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Incase you guys need a replay

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x0lJhhlB2A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x0lJhhlB2A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

keg in kc
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
He should've done a Flair flop.

Micjones
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
I really hope Haley doesn't allow this team to make any excuses for this loss.
Don't even talk about the play. Talk about surrendering a 10-point lead with 7 minutes to play. Own this loss. Cause it hurts like hell for me... I know it's GOTTA be a bitch for those players. Use that as motivation never to let this happen again and to improve as a team.

Chiefnj2
10-18-2010, 08:43 AM
I think his hands flew up because he was trying to keep his balance, and he couldn't play the man any tighter because the man had just created separation with a shove to the back. Now, if Johnson had stayed inbounds and Flowers spent more time looking for a flag instead of tackling him, I think that criticism would be justified.

I still think he threw his arms up to complain.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 08:44 AM

really?

siberian khatru
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM

OK, to be fair, I'll split the difference.

He threw up his arms to complain. But he couldn't play the man closer because Johnson had achieved illegal separation.

Frazod
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Wow, you are an idiotic fucktard.

Choke on a dick, retard. Shitty defense and shitty playcalling killed us in the end. Now why don't you return to your fingerpainting?

Chiefnj2
10-18-2010, 08:46 AM
OK, to be fair, I'll split the difference.

He threw up his arms to complain. But he couldn't play the man closer because Johnson had achieved illegal separation.

Michael Irvin made it to the Hall of Fame doing the same thing. Good, big, strong receivers will do a 1 arm push off and it isn't called the majority of time.

RockChalk
10-18-2010, 08:48 AM
There was a point in the broadcast where one of the announcers when he thought he was off air uttered the following: "Ron Winters crew always brings an extra bucket of flags"...

I heard this. It was early in the game and Gus said it.

siberian khatru
10-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Michael Irvin made it to the Hall of Fame doing the same thing. Good, big, strong receivers will do a 1 arm push off and it isn't called the majority of time.

You're absolutely right about Irvin. But the irony of the rest of your post is that OPI WAS called multiple times in later games Sunday. :grr:

Frazod
10-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Clearly an ax to grind with Weis.

At this point, you bet. Apparently he doesn't learn from his mistakes. He pulled the same shit toward the end of the Indy game. That wasn't quite as egregious, but it should have been enough to register.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-18-2010, 08:50 AM

offensive pass inference is called more now, than when Irvin played

Chiefnj2
10-18-2010, 08:51 AM
You're absolutely right about Irvin. But the irony of the rest of your post is that OPI WAS called multiple times in later games Sunday. :grr:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but it wasn't a big push. That type of hand, and single arm jostling happens on almost every play.

stevieray
if you need to push off, you aren't a good WR.

The Bad Guy
At this point, you bet. Apparently he doesn't learn from his mistakes. He pulled the same shit toward the end of the Indy game. That wasn't quite as egregious, but it should have been enough to register.

Everyone is making this out to be the worst playcall in modern history.

It was bad.

What was worse was Cassel's read on it. He had Bowe, who he targeted all game breaking open.

I have zero problems with the game Weis called.

BCD
10-18-2010, 08:53 AM
As I've said all along, I hang this loss on that idiot Weis We put up more than 400 yrds of O. I dont quite understand your hate here. If its solely for the 3rd and 2 call, then fine. But, the bulk of your anger for that play should be at Cassel for making a terrible throw, or missing Bowe coming across.

B_Ambuehl
10-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Flowers got called for an arm bar. Watch the replay again. Before Johnson ever pushes off Flowers is impeding his progress with his right arm as he turns back to look for the ball.

Frazod
10-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Everyone is making this out to be the worst playcall in modern history.

It was bad.

What was worse was Cassel's read on it. He had Bowe, who he targeted all game breaking open.

I have zero problems with the game Weis called.

Again, the game's on the line - whose number are you going to call? The playmaker, or the playbreaker? As Clint Eastwood might say, a man's got to know his limitations.

It was beyond bad. It was mindless and it cost us the game. And when I say that, I mean the wretched defense would have been overcome and the terrible blown call would have never happened had we just rushed for those two yards. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

bkkcoh
10-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Flowers got called for an arm bar. Watch the replay again. Before Johnson ever pushes off Flowers is impeding his progress with his right arm as he turns back to look for the ball.

but he was turning around looking to the ball, usually an arm bar like that isn't called in that situation.

Frazod
10-18-2010, 08:57 AM
We put up more than 400 yrds of O. I dont quite understand your hate here. If its solely for the 3rd and 2 call, then fine. But, the bulk of your anger for that play should be at Cassel for making a terrible throw, or missing Bowe coming across.

If you play a brilliant game of chess only to fuck up your endgame and get mated, does that make you a genious?

I wouldn't be so pissed if he hadn't DONE THE SAME DAMN THING THE WEEK BEFORE.

B_Ambuehl
10-18-2010, 09:01 AM
but he was turning around looking to the ball, usually an arm bar like that isn't called in that situation.

It's still an arm bar regardless of whether he's looking for the ball or not. People can bitch about it but it's technically a good call. It shouldn't matter because Johnson caught the damn ball anyway.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Flowers got mugged.

end of story.

Bane
10-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Flowers got mugged.

end of story.

Yep.Score more points or allow fewer and it don't fuggn matter anyway.

Hug it Out Dan
10-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Wasnt the Vegas spread 4pts?

Hmmmm.....

ArrowheadMagic
10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Yes it was a bad call, it changed the game. Put them in FG position with plenty of time to take shots at the endzone. That play doesnt happen, Houston more than likely, plays to send the game into OT. But its over, time to see how the Chiefs respond.

smittysbar
10-18-2010, 09:17 AM

Yeah I heard that too

Coogs
10-18-2010, 09:21 AM

I agree. And then the flag came out. Flowers responded to the flag by clapping, knowing the ref had seen what we all saw, and that was a push off by Johnson.

Once the flag was out of the pocket, that is offensive pass interference. To call it on Flowers was a poor call at the very best.

But what are you going to do? :shrug:

We are still in control of the West. After 5 games, I am thrilled with that fact!

Detoxing
10-18-2010, 09:21 AM

ROFL.

Did you watch the Jets/Donkeys game? They had 2 OPI calls in 3 plays. You don't know what you're talking about.

Phobia
10-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Hmm.... it was called in the Dallas game...

Yeah - took a TD away from #19 too.

Chiefnj2
10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I agree. And then the flag came out. Flowers responded to the flag by clapping, knowing the ref had seen what we all saw, and that was a push off by Johnson.

Once the flag was out of the pocket, that is offensive pass interference. To call it on Flowers was a poor call at the very best.

But what are you going to do? :shrug:

We are still in control of the West. After 5 games, I am thrilled with that fact!

IMO, it shouldn't have been a flag at all. Plus, Andre is the Texans go-to-guy. There should have been safety help.

Phobia
10-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Safety help? Why? The coverage was snug right up until he was pushed away. Flowers doesn't need too much help in man.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 09:34 AM
IMO, it shouldn't have been a flag at all. Plus, Andre is the Texans go-to-guy. There should have been safety help.

what was the safety package on that play?

OnTheWarpath58
10-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I hope the defense doesn't harp on this call and takes responsibility for not protecting the 10-point lead they were given. That will make us a better football team. Griping about the refs...won't.

Maybe this will be a learning experience for us?
That you can't just go to sleep when you have a lead like this.
Even when you've done a good job against a high-powered offense for one half of the game.

Good post, Mic.

Where have you been? Haven't seen you around much.

Coogs
10-18-2010, 09:39 AM

I'm not going to say there shouldn't have been a flag, 'cause I think Flowers had him defended to the point it would have been an incompletion without the pushoff. But I have seen that be a no call before.

I also saw Gonzo get called for that same thing... maybe even less, damn near every single game when he was a Chief.

I suppose it is a difficut call at game speed, but consistancy would be nice.

Detoxing
10-18-2010, 09:40 AM

How-so? Andre Johnson pushed him. That's OPI anyway you slice it. It was obvious. They didn't have a problem calling it TWICE in the Jets/Donkeys game.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm not going to say there shouldn't have been a flag, 'cause I think Flowers had him defended to the point it would have been an incompletion without the pushoff. But I have seen that be a no call before.

I also saw Gonzo get called for that same thing... maybe even less, damn near every single game when he was a Chief.

I suppose it is a difficut call at game speed, but consistancy would be nice.

the line judge had it right infront of him and ****ing blew it.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 11:21 AM
How-so? Andre Johnson pushed him. That's OPI anyway you slice it. It was obvious. They didn't have a problem calling it TWICE in the Jets/Donkeys game.

Those receivers weren't named Andre Johnson, and yes I think that matters.

chiefqueen
10-18-2010, 11:36 AM
To make matters worse, I think Andre Johnson will get the last laugh when the NFL announces the fines from week 6 action later this week b/c I expect Flowers to be fined for arguing too long.

JASONSAUTO
10-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Those receivers weren't named Andre Johnson, and yes I think that matters.

shouldnt matter no matter what you think

KCtotheSB
10-18-2010, 11:39 AM
The defensive pass interference wasn't the problem. Johnson caught the ball in bounds.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM
The defensive pass interference wasn't the problem. Johnson caught the ball in bounds.

problem was the refs saw something obviously since he threw the flag. I would been ok with it, with no flag thrown, hey he missed it, it happens, but he was right there, he saw the play clearly and threw the flag.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM
shouldnt matter no matter what you think

It does, star players get away with more, that's just how it is.

bkkcoh
10-18-2010, 11:46 AM
It's still an arm bar regardless of whether he's looking for the ball or not. People can bitch about it but it's technically a good call. It shouldn't matter because Johnson caught the damn ball anyway.

I understand that. Usually they do allow that when the defender turns around and looks for the ball.

Remember a few years ago, we hade defensive backs that were like statues and couldn't turn their head to save themselves...

JASONSAUTO
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
It does, star players get away with more, that's just how it is.

shouldnt be that way, he pushed off just like miles austin did (who BTW is also a star player)

vailpass
10-18-2010, 11:50 AM
The Patriot juice is dripping out of the corner of King's mouth.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 11:52 AM
shouldnt be that way, he pushed off just like miles austin did (who BTW is also a star player)

This was discussed yesterday, Austin fully extended his arm in plain view and the CB fell down, he was much more blatant.

If you extend your arm you'll always get called, Johnson was smart enough to not do that.

JASONSAUTO
10-18-2010, 11:53 AM
This was discussed yesterday, Austin fully extended his arm in plain view and the CB fell down, he was much more blatant.

If you extend your arm you'll always get called, Johnson was smart enough to not do that.

no matter it was still a push off. but i am glad to see what side of the fence you still are sitting on.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm just telling you why one was called and one wasn't, personally I thought it was going to be a no call.

Johnson caught the ball and the penalty was declined so I'm not going to flip out about it since I didn't think it should have been flagged at all.

DBOSHO
10-18-2010, 11:58 AM
You should not be able to touch the db after 5 yards. Period.

ChiTown
10-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm just telling you why one was called and one wasn't, personally I thought it was going to be a no call.

Johnson caught the ball and the penalty was declined so I'm not going to flip out about it since I didn't think it should have been flagged at all.

:rolleyes:

Do you really believe Johnson catches that ball without the separation he created from the push off? I don't. Flowers was with him step for step until he pushed. That was, by definition, an OPI penalty.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 12:01 PM
:rolleyes:

Do you really believe Johnson catches that ball without the separation he created from the push off? I don't. Flowers was with him step for step until he pushed. That was, by definition, an OPI penalty.

By what the rule says, you're right. By what they generally call and don't call 50/50 and with under 2 minutes with the guy being sold as the best WR in the league, they aren't going to call it.

After years of watching the game you realize this after awhile.

ChiTown
10-18-2010, 12:02 PM
By what the rule says, you're right. By what they generally call and don't call 50/50 and with under 2 minutes with the guy being sold as the best WR in the league, they aren't going to call it.

ROFL - gawd, I wish I was a knowledgeable fan like you, Travis.

BCD
10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Maybe Flowers should have taken a dive to completely sell it.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
ROFL - gawd, I wish I was a knowledgeable fan like you, Travis.

Did you really think Andre Johnson was going to get a penalty before the flag came out? Serious question, they just don't call that.

Guys with certain reps get away with more. Michael Irvin made a HOF career out of that play.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe Flowers should have taken a dive to completely sell it.

Now that would have been smart, he may have gotten the call had he made it look like that.

ChiTown
10-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Did you really think Andre Johnson was going to get a penalty before the flag came out? Serious question, they just don't call that.

Guys with certain reps get away with more. Michael Irvin made a HOF career out of that play.

Yes, I thought it created enough separation that you HAVE TO make that call against AJ - regardless of his rep. The NFL was supposed to be cracking down on that shit this year. Apparently, the memo didn't get to these dumbfugs yesterday.

All that said, I still think Houston cruises down the field and scores on us. That penalty would have just delayed the inevitable.

OnTheWarpath58
10-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Right or wrong, Mecca has a point.

That play rarely, if ever gets called - on either the WR or defender.

People are comparing it to the Miles Austin play, and the OPI's in the Denver game - none of which was even comparable to the Flowers play.

On Austin's, and two of the 3 in the Denver game, the WR placed his hands on the DB and extended his arms, knocking the defender to the ground.

Time to get over it, folks. It didn't cost us the game.

philfree
10-18-2010, 12:08 PM
I bet officials yo cover their ass say that Flowers committed pass internece before the push off occurred and that's what they called it the way they did.

PhilFree:arrow:

Mecca
10-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Since that play has been talked about by the national media, over/under on when Mike Perreira shows up talking about how it's the proper call?

BCD
10-18-2010, 12:11 PM
What I really wanna know is WTF was the official thinking/saw when he called the penalty on Flowers?

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2010, 12:12 PM

Although I will say that, on the other hand, I'm also a big believer in momentum, and maybe the correct call there turns things.

But good teams find a way to win anyway.Have you seen the Missouri 5th down game? They overcame the call and kept the guy out. A TD was awarded. How would you suggest they "overcome" that?

Mecca
10-18-2010, 12:13 PM
What I really wanna know is WTF was the official thinking/saw when he called the penalty on Flowers?

About the only thing he did was he gave Johnson a bit of an armbar when he turned his head back to look for the ball.

Pretty marginal to being throwing a flag on that, it's pretty baffling that a flag came out at all.

philfree
10-18-2010, 12:19 PM
One can't lose their composure but I like Fowers showing his emotions. The guy abviously really cares. I bet he get at least one INT next week if not a pick 6.

PhilFree:arrow:

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 12:19 PM
kill the motherfuckin refs!!!!

Mr. Arrowhead
10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
After the game i was driving, and was listening to the post game show, and they went to lenny who was interview someone in the locker room, and when they went to them, you could hear someone else in the locker room scream out "F UCK"

Mecca
10-18-2010, 12:23 PM
After the game i was driving, and was listening to the post game show, and they went to lenny who was interview someone in the locker room, and when they went to them, you could hear someone else in the locker room scream out "F UCK"

Was it John Lackey?

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2010, 12:25 PM

I heard that too lol

Coogs
10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
About the only thing he did was he gave Johnson a bit of an armbar when he turned his head back to look for the ball.

Pretty marginal to being throwing a flag on that, it's pretty baffling that a flag came out at all.

For a moment, let's say the pass was incomplete. IMO, the armbar thing whould have been illegal contact and not pass interference. 5 yard penalty at most. Could have resulted in OT instead of an outright win.

BCD
10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
One can't lose their composure but I like Fowers showing his emotions. The guy abviously really cares. I bet he get at least one INT next week if not a pick 6.

PhilFree:arrow:I loved it after Houston scored, Flowers was on the sidelines Jawing at that official.

Fritz88
10-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Peter King would have not given a fuck about KC had Pioli not been there.

Pants
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM

It warms my freaking heart when the guys at the pro level care so much about the outcome of the game. Seriously, I love seeing emotion on the sidelines (happy, said or pissed - it's all good) and in the locker room. I freaking loved the expression on B-Flow's face after he was done shadowing the dumb**** who made that call. Seeing DJ leap over the line like that in desperation was also amazing.

This all falls squarely on Todd Haley's shoulders. When the team is playing with fire and passion like that, it's 100% on the coach, that's why I love him. I pray he can keep that fire lit.

siberian khatru
10-18-2010, 02:28 PM
It warms my freaking heart when the guys at the pro level care so much about the outcome of the game. Seriously, I love seeing emotion on the sidelines (happy, said or pissed - it's all good) and in the locker room. I freaking loved the expression on B-Flow's face after he was done shadowing the dumb**** who made that call. Seeing DJ leap over the line like that in desperation was also amazing.

This all falls squarely on Todd Haley's shoulders. When the team is playing with fire and passion like that, it's 100% on the coach, that's why I love him. I pray he can keep that fire lit.

Same here. When I saw that Haley said there was "deep pain" in the locker room, I was like, "I know, brother. I know."

Stay hungry, Chiefs. Channel this pain into productive uses.

Fritz88
10-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Now that would have been smart, he may have gotten the call had he made it look like that.

But....but...only pussified soccer players do that...
Posted via Mobile Device

ILikeBigTiddys
10-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Wichita?

Jewish Rabbi
10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Receivers get away with murder in the NFL, sometimes literally.

:doh!: :facepalm:

Do you even know the meaning of the word literally?

yhf
10-18-2010, 11:52 PM
:doh!: :facepalm:

Do you even know the meaning of the word literally?

I assumed he was making a reference to Donte Stallworth.

Guru
10-19-2010, 01:35 AM
This was called on Tony G all the time. I just wish officials could find a way to be consistent.

Rausch
10-19-2010, 02:29 AM
13. Kansas City (3-2). Sorry. An official decided that game at Houston. If the Chiefs and Texans play tomorrow in Wichita, I'm taking Kansas City.

If they play tomorrow in Wichita, KS I'm taking another sleeping pill and calling in sick to work...

Rausch
10-19-2010, 02:30 AM
This was called on Tony G all the time. I just wish officials could find a way to be consistent.

They are.

If you're a super stud you don't get called on it...

crazycoffey
10-19-2010, 03:28 AM

You really do deserve a lot of the angst you get on this board.
"years of watching" You do realize many other posters have watched just as many games as you have? It was obviously OPI and any defense against it not being called is stupid. Plain and simple.

BTW - I've watched the NFL for about 24-25 years now. how many years have you been watching?

Guru
10-19-2010, 03:41 AM
They are.

If you're a super stud you don't get called on it...So they don't consider Tony a super stud for most of his career. Damn, playing for KC really drags you down.

crazycoffey
10-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Yeah, I really hate that "stars don't get that called on them" defense. This isn't the NBA...

Rausch
10-19-2010, 04:15 AM
So they don't consider Tony a super stud for most of his career. Damn, playing for KC really drags you down.

Yup.

He had it so rough here...

....fucking prettyboy douchebag.

Marcellus
10-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I really hate that "stars don't get that called on them" defense. This isn't the NBA...

I swear I was sure TG was a star.

Bwana
10-19-2010, 06:43 AM

I think they will take it out on the Jags this Sunday. :thumb:

Baby Lee
10-19-2010, 06:48 AM
This pure speculation, but thinking back on it, I don't think that it was a oopsy, heat-of-the-moment, OPI either. Just a series or so back in the game thread I wrote 'Flowers is in their brainz' when they ran on 3rd and long. I recall there being a marked fear of airing it out despite being so far behind.

Couple this with Johnson's acknowledgement of the contact after the game, and I picture Johnson pleading on the sidelines for that out pass promising he WILL get separation.

TheGuardian
10-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Johnson admits to to OPI.........

"During a lot of our routes today, they were bumping us while we were down the field. In that play, I did a go route and I knew (QB) Matt (Schaub) told me if I had a single safety that he was going to give me a chance. He told me that earlier in the game. I was just determined that they were not going to bump me around. He tried to run into me and bump me and I hit him with a little elbow to create some separation and was able to make a play."

I hope this faggot gets his knees blown out. Along with that ref.

milkman
10-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Again, the game's on the line - whose number are you going to call? The playmaker, or the playbreaker? As Clint Eastwood might say, a man's got to know his limitations.

It was beyond bad. It was mindless and it cost us the game. And when I say that, I mean the wretched defense would have been overcome and the terrible blown call would have never happened had we just rushed for those two yards. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

The fact that we weren't able to rush for two yards in short yardage situations for most of the game had a big influence in Weis' playcall in that situation.

Think about it.

How many times did the Chiefs attempt to convert on fourth down because they weren't able to convert on third down?

milkman
10-19-2010, 07:27 AM

Except that if Flowers isn't pushed, then it's highly possible, even probable, that he knocks the ball down.

InChiefsHell
10-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Johnson admits to to OPI.........

I hope this pillowbiter gets his knees blown out. Along with that ref.

Um...a blown out knee is a bit much. He did what he had to do to gain separation...he HAD to cheat basically. As they say, if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'. I'd blame the refs long before I'd blame Johnson.

milkman
10-19-2010, 07:34 AM

There were two OPIs in the Jets-Donkey game that were less obvious pushoffs than Andre Johnson's.

milkman
10-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Right or wrong, Mecca has a point.

That play rarely, if ever gets called - on either the WR or defender.

People are comparing it to the Miles Austin play, and the OPI's in the Denver game - none of which was even comparable to the Flowers play.

On Austin's, and two of the 3 in the Denver game, the WR placed his hands on the DB and extended his arms, knocking the defender to the ground.

Time to get over it, folks. It didn't cost us the game.

While I agree that Andre Johnson is going to get away with that most of the time, I don't agree that two of the three OPIs in the Jet game had the receiver extending his arms.

One did, but two of them had me laughing because they were less than Johnson's.

TheGuardian
10-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Except that if Flowers isn't pushed, then it's highly possible, even probable, that he knocks the ball down.

This is exactly right. Seeing how Flowers had already defended several passes that day.

I personally think that Johnson pushes because that was the only way he could in fact get separation from Flowers, who was stuck to his ass like glue on that play. So I don't buy for a second that it's a moot point because Johnson caught the ball. Flowers was in perfect position looking back at the ball. Without that push Johnson isn't making that catch more than likely.

Frazod
10-19-2010, 09:09 AM
The fact that we weren't able to rush for two yards in short yardage situations for most of the game had a big influence in Weis' playcall in that situation.

Think about it.

How many times did the Chiefs attempt to convert on fourth down because they weren't able to convert on third down?

You mean earlier in the game, before their defense was gassed and had been torched for 200 rushing yards?

You think about it.

Coach
10-19-2010, 09:23 AM

Think about it.

And I understand that the Chiefs had trouble converting 3rd and short before the last drive. I would had still preferred a bootleg or a quick slant, instead of having Cassel going on one side of the field, and throwing across his body to the other side of the field.

milkman
10-19-2010, 09:59 AM
You mean earlier in the game, before their defense was gassed and had been torched for 200 rushing yards?

You think about it.

If the Chiefs had continued to control the clock in the second half as they had in the first half, that point might have merit.

But time of possession was almost equal for the second half, and I believe the Texans actually owend the clock in the fourth quarter, so that defense was far from gassed.

Chiefnj2
10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
And I understand that the Chiefs had trouble converting 3rd and short before the last drive. I would had still preferred a bootleg or a quick slant, instead of having Cassel going on one side of the field, and throwing across his body to the other side of the field.

The play was well defensed.

milkman
10-19-2010, 10:01 AM

That particular pass call might have been a better play call, but the fact still remains, had Cassel not bailed on that throw to avoid the hit, and stepped into that throw and delivered a strike, then this would not even be a debate.

The Bad Guy
10-19-2010, 10:07 AM
There were two OPIs in the Jets-Donkey game that were less obvious pushoffs than Andre Johnson's.

And one last night in the Jaguars game on Underwood that wasn't even close to what Johnson did but it was called.

Chiefnj2
10-19-2010, 10:12 AM
People are unhappy about the league being strict about hard hits, but get their panties in a bunch when it comes to a WR and CB jostling for a ball.

Frazod
10-19-2010, 10:13 AM
If the Chiefs had continued to control the clock in the second half as they had in the first half, that point might have merit.

But time of possession was almost equal for the second half, and I believe the Texans actually owend the clock in the fourth quarter, so that defense was far from gassed.

Yeah, defenses raped for 200 rushing yards are always fresh and perky at the end of the 4th quarter. Silly me, what was I thinking?

TheGuardian
10-19-2010, 10:32 AM
The thing about the pass play that hurt more than anything to me was that it stopped the clock. With a run play, even if we don't get it, we run more clock or at least make them use another time out. That was critical.

I didn't think the play call was bad, but Albert got his ass whipped on that play, which killed it, but I do think that the smarter play call probably was a run if not for anything but more clock killing or taking away another timeout from Houston. I also think you have to think about going for it on 4th down there. Why? Because the defense had given up points on every drive at that point for the previous 3 drives. The situation called for the offense to go ahead and win the game. and with 200 yards of rushing offense I think you gamble with that.

Of course had we done that, and not made it people are bitching then too. But in that game situation I think you go ahead and run the ball on 3rd and 4th down. JMO.

OnTheWarpath58
10-19-2010, 10:38 AM
The thing about the pass play that hurt more than anything to me was that it stopped the clock. With a run play, even if we don't get it, we run more clock or at least make them use another time out. That was critical.

I didn't think the play call was bad, but Albert got his ass whipped on that play, which killed it, but I do think that the smarter play call probably was a run if not for anything but more clock killing or taking away another timeout from Houston. I also think you have to think about going for it on 4th down there. Why? Because the defense had given up points on every drive at that point for the previous 3 drives. The situation called for the offense to go ahead and win the game. and with 200 yards of rushing offense I think you gamble with that.

Of course had we done that, and not made it people are bitching then too. But in that game situation I think you go ahead and run the ball on 3rd and 4th down. JMO.

I almost brought up the possibility of going for it on 4th down as well.

I agree, the situation calls for the offense to grind the clock and win the game.

I wouldn't have had a problem with it, had they ran the ball both times, forcing Houston to use at least one TO in the event they failed on 4th.

If you can't get 2 yards in 2 plays, you don't deserve to win anyway.

milkman
10-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah, defenses raped for 200 rushing yards are always fresh and perky at the end of the 4th quarter. Silly me, what was I thinking?

The Texans defense gave up a lot of yards on teh ground, but they cosistently stepped up and made plays against the run in short yardage situations.

The Chiefs O-Line, while improved, is not a drive blocking unit that is built for those situations, and defenses that are pounded up the middle by a drive blocking power running game are going to be worn ut up front by that kind of ground game.

The Texans defense wasn't worn down and beat up by that kind of ground game.

The Chiefs O-Line is more finesse than power.

Combine that with the fact that the Texans defense had plenty of time on the bench in the second half, and more specifically in the fourth quarter, and you have a defense that is not gassed.

milkman
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM

Now this is a post I can agree with.

As a matter of fact, I think I will agree.

Frazod
10-19-2010, 10:55 AM
The Texans defense gave up a lot of yards on teh ground, but they cosistently stepped up and made plays against the run in short yardage situations.

The Chiefs O-Line, while improved, is not a drive blocking unit that is built for those situations, and defenses that are pounded up the middle by a drive blocking power running game are going to be worn ut up front by that kind of ground game.

The Texans defense wasn't worn down and beat up by that kind of ground game.

The Chiefs O-Line is more finesse than power.

Combine that with the fact that the Texans defense had plenty of time on the bench in the second half, and more specifically in the fourth quarter, and you have a defense that is not gassed.

I'm glad you see it that way. Clearly Weis saw it that way.

And I see a lot of winnable games going in the toilet.

Chiefnj2
10-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I think you need to make the decision to go for it on 3rd and 4th down. 3rd down is a handoff to help kill the clock. Nothing backwards, no toss, no outside - don't risk losing yards. Move North/South and hope for the best. 4th down spread the field and look for a quick slant.

Baby Lee
11-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Fuck Peter in the FUCKING ASS!!!

Just watched the 'roundtable' following the '100 greatest of all time,' and when they get to the part about who'll be on the list 30 years from now, when Andre Johnson is brought up they IMMEDIATELY flash to the catch against Flowers clipped AN INSTANT after he pushed off.

REALLY, you're trying to make the case to one day place a contemporary star in the pantheon of GOAT, and your GO TO image is one you had to edit to remove the cheating, and one of the guys on your panel called 'Worst interference call of the year' a couple of weeks ago, and now sits like a mute pussy.

Oh, and the next image was the closing TD, so I guess that was just an 'eff you KC' segment more than a 'Andre Johnson rising star' segment.

Guru
11-05-2010, 04:31 AM
How is that Peter's fault? What was he supposed to do? Call the network out over it?

Baby Lee
11-05-2010, 04:32 AM
How is that Peter's fault? What was he supposed to do? Call the network out over it?

In case it wasn't clear, he was on the panel at the time. If he couldn't impress on Sabol to go with a different clip, he certainly could have remarked on it

Guru
11-05-2010, 04:44 AM
In case it wasn't clear, he was on the panel at the time. If he couldn't impress on Sabol to go with a different clip, he certainly could have remarked on itHow do you know he didn't mention that to Sabol? I think the powers that be would frown upon him bringing that up on the actual show though. Can't blame him at all for not bringing it up. Hell, maybe he didn't even know what clip they were going to use at the time.

Baby Lee
11-05-2010, 05:00 AM
How do you know he didn't mention that to Sabol? I think the powers that be would frown upon him bringing that up on the actual show though. Can't blame him at all for not bringing it up. Hell, maybe he didn't even know what clip they were going to use at the time.

I am aware I'm making some assumptions here, but this wasn't a run of the mill NFL Channel chat show, it was an NFL films production, in the vein of 'America's Game' enshrining the best 100 players of all time, crafted with care by Sabol and a select camp of 'experts' to stand the test of time. And it was pretty clear that King was intimately involved.
The shows run had some amazing footage that was revelatory to even someone who's seen as much footage as me, notably one of the most amazing catches I've ever seen Gonzalez make where he does a 360 in the air between two defenders so close their torsos were touching him and snags it about 8 inches over both of their reach. I've seen every second of the Chiefs on the field since 1990 and had never seen that particular angle before, and it's now my iconic 'mind's eye' image of Gonzo and will probably be so going forward.
Also, they had brilliant footage of Manning throwing pregame/practice throw after pregame/practice throw, intercut with him making the precise same throw in big games, making the case that his preparation was his edge.
Then to make the case that AJ is a future all time great over footage they knew to be 'the worst interference call of the season' was just plain lazy at best.

Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive, but I'd just gone through watching five hours of a GREAT program that moved me to tears several times, then to be that inspired then that disgusted, I had to vent.

On the whole, though I wholeheartedly recommend that series to anyone who hasn't seen it. However critical you can be of the picks they made, they assembled strong cases in each and every instance. Every player selected got their VERY BEST work highlighted. It wasn't just the stock highlights everyone was familiar with, it was all the little moments of brilliance otherwise forgotten to history. The precise moment each player was at their most explosive, or elusive, or driven, etc.

Championship
11-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Whether or not it was a PI or not, all that matters is Brandon Flowers got beat like the second tier cornerback that he is.

Nnamdi would never get beat like that. Never.

rockymtnchief
11-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Whether or not it was a PI or not, all that matters is Brandon Flowers got beat like the second tier cornerback that he is.

This whole week you've spouted some of the stupidest shit. Are you intentionally trying to win "Stupidest Poster Of The Year"? You've got my nomination.

Brainiac
11-05-2010, 06:31 AM

That is a truly stupid post. Flowers didn't get beat. Johnson got separation by pushing off.

Typical Raiders fan.

DBOSHO
11-05-2010, 06:49 AM

You do realize that flowers was actually a tad ahead of andre down the field right?

Championship
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM
That is a truly stupid post. Flowers didn't get beat. Johnson got separation by pushing off.

Typical Raiders fan.

This is where Brandon Flowers lack of physical talent comes into play.

Flowers is slow, short and not physical at all. A beast like Andre Johnson simply used his big body to out muscle Flowers for the ball.

Nnamdi is 6'2, long legs, long arms and fast as hell. He would never let Andre Johnson do that to him.

Just accept the facts, Chief fans.

mlyonsd
11-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Wow. Homerism aside you can't fix stupid.

Molitoth
11-05-2010, 09:06 AM

Flowers is slow, short and not physical at all. A beast like Andre Johnson simply used his big body to out muscle Flowers for the ball.

Nnamdi is 6'2, long legs, long arms and fast as hell. He would never let Andre Johnson do that to him.

No chiefs fans take away from Nnamdi, he's a great CB. I'm sure you would love Flowers on your team.

Quit being a troll. Flowers has been a shutdown CB in this league for 1.5 seasons now. The best WR will eventually burn ANY CB on a given play, including one of the best, Nnamdi.

KCHawg
11-05-2010, 09:06 AM

Makes you feel as if your IQ is lowering just reading this shit, doesn't it? :spock:

RustShack
11-05-2010, 09:11 AM

Actually, if Nnamdi were in the same situation it would have happened too.

RustShack
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM

Actually Flowers is very physical..

RustShack
11-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Flowers ran a 4.42 40...
Asomugha ran a 4.48..

Yeah Nnamdi is way faster ROFL

Championship
11-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Actually, if Nnamdi were in the same situation it would have happened too.

Check Houston vs Oakland in 2008.

Watch Nnamdi completely dominate Andre Johnson.

Get back to me with a three part apology for your lack of knowledge about Mr. Nnamdi.

RustShack
11-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Check Houston vs Oakland in 2008.

Watch Nnamdi completely dominate Andre Johnson.

Get back to me with a three part apology for your lack of knowledge about Mr. Nnamdi.

Just show me the part where Andre Johnsons arm went through Nnamdi so he couldn't push off him like he did Flowers.

Championship
11-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Just show me the part where Andre Johnsons arm went through Nnamdi so he couldn't push off him like he did Flowers.

Nnamdi would never let himself get put in a position like that, so I cant show you.

Nnamdi is so physical at the line of scrimmage.

RustShack
11-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Nnamdi would never let himself get put in a position like that, so I cant show you.

Nnamdi is so physical at the line of scrimmage.

Nnamdi wont ever be put in the position to be beating his man deep? Good to know.

Championship
11-05-2010, 09:48 AM
And another thing why Brandon Flowers is a fraud.

Andre Johnson was raping your secondary all day in that game.

Why didnt the coaches simply put Flowers on Johnson, and match them up one on one all day?

Revis, Nnamdi, Charles Woodson, and Champ Bailey all go up against the opposing teams #1 receivers.

Flowers doesnt. Maybe your coaches know something...

acarter25
11-05-2010, 02:10 PM

Why didnt the coaches simply put Flowers on Johnson, and match them up one on one all day?

Revis, Nnamdi, Charles Woodson, and Champ Bailey all go up against the opposing teams #1 receivers.

Per ESPN's KC Joyner - Joyner took a look at the CB play in the AFC West and while he noted that guys like Champ Bailey and Nnamdi Asomugha were slipping, there was one CB that is playing very, very well.

His name is Brandon Flowers.

According to Joyner, Flowers has been thrown at 31 times this season and has given up a total of 81 yards. That is just 2.6 yards per pass.

The NFL is officially being put on notice: Brandon Flowers is a shutdown corner

acarter25
11-05-2010, 02:15 PM

Pro Football Focus gives Flowers the best overall grade in the NFL of 14.3. The next best grade is 9.6.

Guru
11-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Why do you guys always fall for that bating shit?

acarter25
11-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Oh and I hate to be the one to break it to you... but on the top 20 CB's list, Flowers- Number 1. and your almighty Asomugha- Number 7, behind, of course Flowers, Jonathan Joseph, Charles Woodson, Leon Hall, Champ Bailey, and Cromartie.

Taste good?

Oh, and that was before this season, mmm ouch.

CoMoChief
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM

Here dipshit, take a look at this play by play drive chart for the Texans that game and see if Flowers was owned by Andre Johnson that day. I think he allowed one catch, maybe 2....then got hosed on that (what should have been) an off PI call. It was Brandon Carr who was getting owned by AJ that game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101704/2010/REG6/chiefs@texans#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

siberian khatru
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Why do you guys always fall for that bating shit?

We're suckers for master baiters.

And we love it when we're master baited.

-King-
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM

Nnamdi didn't cover the number 1 till Week 11 of last year you fucking idiot ROFL ROFL ROFL

TheGuardian
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM

We don't flip flop our corners. Lots of teams don't. Lots of defensive coordinators don't. Flowers allowed Johnson something like 48 yards that day with two passes for him defended.

Johnson would fucking rape Nnamdi. Shit man, Malcolm Floyd raped overrated Nnamdi. Nnamdi has bee overrated for a couple of years now.

PGM
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Can someone check and see if Chimpionship is really KnowMo?

TheGuardian
11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Can someone check and see if Chimpionship is really KnowMo?

It's not. I bet you money that IP is coming from Florida.

Can I get some casino cash if I am right?

keg in kc
11-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I still think he's a local playing the role of a fader troll. We've got more than enough schizophrenic regulars for that to be the case.

Bob Dole
11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
It's not. I bet you money that IP is coming from Florida.

Can I get some casino cash if I am right?

Sacramento (and Orangevale).

TheGuardian
11-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Sacramento (and Orangevale).

Well there goes that one.

RustShack
11-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Championship must have missed Cromartie covering Moss instead of Revis.

rtmike
11-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I always enjoyed watching Tony shredding Nnamby when we played them.