PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I have not and will NEVER stand for the Texas state anthem!

PunkinDrublic
10-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Had a good road trip to the game this weekend despite the heartbreaking loss. Tailgated with some Chiefs fans before and after the game. I stood for the national anthem of course and I stood when some fat former American Idol contestant sang proud to be an American. I sat the entire time the Texas anthem was played. No matter how much you way too proud of Texas people want to be a seperate nation it will never happen and as such I will not stand for your states anthem.

Otter
10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Good to know

FAX
10-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I'll bet you would if the Texas State Anthem was "Free Bird".

FAX

ClevelandBronco
10-18-2010, 10:37 AM
The State of Texas just issued a press release asking who the fuck you are and why the fuck should they care.

DaFace
10-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Huh. I didn't realize Texas had a state anthem. Weird.

AustinChief
10-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Had a good road trip to the game this weekend despite the heartbreaking loss. Tailgated with some Chiefs fans before and after the game. I stood for the national anthem of course and I stood when some fat former American Idol contestant sang proud to be an American. I sat the entire time the Texas anthem was played. No matter how much you way too proud of Texas people want to be a seperate nation it will never happen and as such I will not stand for your states anthem.
I have lived here a LONG time and didn't know they had a state anthem here... WTF? Are you talking about Texas, Our Texas? I can't remember the last time I even heard that played...

I agree with your sentiment though...

FAX
10-18-2010, 10:45 AM
I'll never stand for the Denver Anthem, that's for sure.

I hate Clay Aiken's music.

FAX

Rain Man
Technically, a bunch of random gunshots from a pickup isn't an anthem.

Deberg_1990
The State of Texas just issued a press release asking who the **** you are and why the **** should they care.

The State of Texas doesnt care about him, yet they took the time to issue a press release? WTF?

Saulbadguy
Reminds me of when I remain seated for the singing of "God Bless America". Got lots of dirty looks from many a redneck.

Also got dirty looks when I didn't stand for a bagpipe rendition of Amazing Grace.

PunkinDrublic
10-18-2010, 10:48 AM
I have lived here a LONG time and didn't know they had a state anthem here... WTF? Are you talking about Texas, Our Texas? I can't remember the last time I even heard that played...

I agree with your sentiment though...

I've been to lots of sporting events in Texas and this is the first time I've seen it done. Typically they'll play deep in the heart of Texas during the 7th inning stretch or halftime and nobody is expected to standup. Fine whatever, but don't ask me to rise for the state anthem. Kiss my ass.

FD
10-18-2010, 10:48 AM
What is the Texas state anthem? I live in Texas and attend a lot of sporting events and have no idea what you're talking about.

Frazod
10-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Fuck Texas and their anthem.

Pawnmower
Also got dirty looks when I didn't stand for a bagpipe rendition of Amazing Grace.

Wow you are such a rebel....How does it feel to have such big balls?

FAX
What is the Texas state anthem? ...

"Gimme Three Steps".

FAX

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Technically, a bunch of random gunshots from a pickup isn't an anthem.ROFL

InChiefsHell
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6mI4fkQO5wk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6mI4fkQO5wk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Huh. Never knew they had one.

Saulbadguy

Painful, at times.

Otter
10-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Reminds me of when I remain seated for the singing of "God Bless America". Got lots of dirty looks from many a redneck.

Aren't you special!

Rain Man
10-18-2010, 10:51 AM
The State of Texas doesnt care about him, yet they took the time to issue a press release? WTF?

They have to spend a lot of ARRA money. The press release was stamped into gold and heralded by a trumpet chorus.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 10:55 AM

It probably only bothers him when he sits down to fast or runs?

ClevelandBronco
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM

Yeah. Uh, it didn't really happen.

Are you a public school teacher, by chance?

PunkinDrublic
10-18-2010, 11:04 AM
What is the Texas state anthem? I live in Texas and attend a lot of sporting events and have no idea what you're talking about.

This is the first time I've seen it but I thought it was over the top and ridiculous. They brought out a giant state Texas flag and asked everybody to rise for the state anthem. It was like fuck you I'm not rising for your flag.

AustinChief
10-18-2010, 11:04 AM
TECHNICALLY.. It is just a state song.. like The Missouri Waltz is for Missouri... some states actually do have a state anthem.. I'm surprised Texas is not one of them...

States with official anthems...

Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Hawaii
Massachusetts

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I thought "Yellow Rose of Texas" was the state song.

FAX
10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
What is the State Song Of Kansas?

God ... don't tell me it's "Over The Rainbow" ...

FAX

vailpass
10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
"Gimme Three Steps".

FAX

Sweet! How do you not stand up for that one?

boogblaster
10-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Texacans will be puttin out da doo doo on ya now .. watch out for cowshit smelling butthumpers with pink cowboy boots .......

Los Pollos Hermanos
What is the State Song Of Kansas?

God ... don't tell me it's "Over The Rainbow" ...

FAX

Home on the Range?

DaFace
Home on the Range?

Winner. They should play that at football games.

vailpass
10-18-2010, 11:12 AM
TECHNICALLY.. It is just a state song.. like The Missouri Waltz is for Missouri... some states actually do have a state anthem.. I'm surprised Texas is not one of them...

States with official anthems...

Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Hawaii
Massachusetts

State anthems are for the other states. What is surprising is that Texas doesn't have it's own national anthem.

Dallas Chief
10-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Fuck Texas and their anthem.

State envy. Poor insecure lil Illi-noise...:D

thurman merman
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM

ROFL

That's what I was thinking. Nothing like bragging on the internet about your rebellion.

kstater
10-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Was it Country or Western?

PunkinDrublic
10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
So how many of you would've done the same thing?

ClevelandBronco
10-18-2010, 11:28 AM

I'll stand for "O Canada," so what the hell.

KCtotheSB
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Texas' state song should be "THE GODDAMN TEXANS SUCK ASS AND THE REFS GIVE THEM HANDJOBS ON THE SIDELINES ALL WHILE GIVING THEM FREE PASSES ON NON-PASS INTERFERENCE CALLS"

...I think it's a Garth Brooks song.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah. Uh, it didn't really happen.

Are you a public school teacher, by chance?

Really? But you were soo convincing. : )

Donger
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Was it "Throw The Jew Down The Well!"?

Lzen
10-18-2010, 12:12 PM

I've been working on the railroad,
All the live long day!

:D

OnTheWarpath58
10-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Was it "Throw The Jew Down The Well!"?

LMAO

sportsman1
10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
My Family is from KC and have I always considered KC my second home since I have spent so much time there.. but wtf when did y'all start acting like yankees? Not a big deal. Get over it. My only problem with Texas Our Texas is the fact that the damn Longwhores act like they are the only ones allowed to play it.

Donger
10-18-2010, 12:37 PM
but wtf when did y'all start acting like yankees?

Probably because some of us are from the Kansas side.

BY1401
10-18-2010, 12:41 PM
but wtf when did y'all start acting like yankees?

When we won our 27th World Series.

Hydrae
10-18-2010, 01:22 PM
First off, I will agree with those who did not know there was such a thing. After all, I have only lived here for 11 years now.

If you aren't Texan I wouldn't expect you to stand. I would not expect someone from a foreign country to stand for the Star Spangled Banner either.

Rooster
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Huh. I didn't realize Texas had a state anthem. Weird.

Well it's actually sang in spanish so you probably didn't know.:D

fan4ever
10-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I love it when people do something insignificant or passive/aggressive and then want to talk about themselves.

Next time scream "Texas Sucks" and take your ass-kickin'. That would probably impress us all.

blaise
10-18-2010, 01:32 PM
I didn't know there was one. At my kids school they say a pledge of allegience to the Texas flag. First they pledge to the U.S. flag, then they turn to the Texas flag and pledge allegience to the Texas flag. I usually am quiet for that.

But I would stand for a Texas anthem. Standing for an anthem doesn't mean you're saying you love it more than the US or anything. When I went to hockey games in Buffalo they played the Canadien anthem (I think they do that at all the NHL arenas), and everyone stood for that. Who cares?

fan4ever
10-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I didn't know there was one. At my kids school they say a pledge of allegience to the Texas flag. First they pledge to the U.S. flag, then they turn to the Texas flag and pledge allegience to the Texas flag. I usually am quiet for that.

But I would stand for a Texas anthem. Standing for an anthem doesn't mean you're saying you love it more than the US or anything. When I went to hockey games in Buffalo they played the Canadien anthem (I think they do that at all the NHL arenas), and everyone stood for that. Who cares?

It's called acting like a grown up.

Donger
10-18-2010, 01:44 PM

Some people don't place their right hand over their hearts or remove their hat(s) when the national anthem is played, too.

Rain Man
10-18-2010, 02:38 PM

you should remember that you're a visitor to their country. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

PunkinDrublic
10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I love it when people do something insignificant or passive/aggressive and then want to talk about themselves.

Next time scream "Texas Sucks" and take your ass-kickin'. That would probably impress us all.

I don't give a shit about impressing anybody. I'm just remarking on the over the top Texas pride I witnessed yesterday. This is the first time I've seen seen something like this and I thought it was ridiculous.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-18-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't give a shit about impressing anybody. I'm just remarking on the over the top Texas pride I witnessed yesterday. This is the first time I've seen seen something like this and I thought it was ridiculous.

It's the first time you seen over the top Texas pride? You must be new down here. :)

blaise
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
It's the first time you seen over the top Texas pride? You must be new down here. :)

I know, there's a Texas flag every 15 feet.

Donger
10-18-2010, 02:46 PM

:spock:

PunkinDrublic
10-18-2010, 02:49 PM

It was the first time I've seen people asked to stand for the state song at a sporting event in the 10 years I've lived in Texas.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-18-2010, 02:55 PM
It was the first time I've seen people asked to stand for the state song at a sporting event in the 10 years I've lived in Texas.

Well, they invented over the top state pride down here.

In 28 years of living in KS, I never saw the state flag of KS displayed anywhere other then a government building. Down here they stamp a lone star on everything and charge more money for doing it.

It's borderline annoying but nothing that throws me into a rage or anything. I think my perspective may have changed the day I realized that I was probably going to be living here the rest of my life.

blaise
10-18-2010, 02:56 PM

It really bothers you that much? Did they play it in addition to the National Anthem? When I was in high school we sang an alma mater sometimes and I think we had to stand for that.

PunkinDrublic
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
It really bothers you that much? Did they play it in addition to the National Anthem? When I was in high school we sang an alma mater sometimes and I think we had to stand for that.

It doesn't bother me I was just using internet theatrics and I'm still a little bitter after losing to the Texans. They played the anthem I didn't stand end of story. Not as dramatic as I made it sound.

BY1401
10-18-2010, 03:02 PM
I know, there's a Texas flag every 15 feet.

What's really impressive is that they even had them all the way down in Chile when they got the miners out.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/10/14/article-1320374-0B9B1E62000005DC-516_634x482.jpg

And if those kids can stand for the Texas Anthem, by God, so can I.

fan4ever
10-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't give a shit about impressing anybody...

Mission accomplished.

fan4ever
10-18-2010, 03:04 PM

Pride in your state...ugh.

Maybe most Texans feel about their state like I do my country; I know it's got it's faults, but I still consider myself damn lucky to live here; warts and all.

InChiefsHell
10-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Visited Texas a few years ago. That whole "Don't mess with Texas" thing, they really mean that. And for the most part, I didn't really have a problem with Texas or their people. They were polite (held the door open when the 4 of us walked into McDonalds and the dude said "Hi, how y'all doin'" to each one of us) cordial (except the one drunk on the San Antonio river walk who yelled to the boat driver "Hey, you got a bunch a yankees on that boat son?") and they have a lot of pride in their state. It's a little over the top and I suppose if I were exposed to it longer in might bother me, but I found it kind of cool.

...and I would stand for their state anthem out of respect. I wouldn't hold my hand over my heart or anything, but at least I'd probably stand.

fan4ever
10-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Visited Texas a few years ago. That whole "Don't mess with Texas" thing, they really mean that. And for the most part, I didn't really have a problem with Texas or their people. They were polite (held the door open when the 4 of us walked into McDonalds and the dude said "Hi, how y'all doin'" to each one of us) cordial (except the one drunk on the San Antonio river walk who yelled to the boat driver "Hey, you got a bunch a yankees on that boat son?") and they have a lot of pride in their state. It's a little over the top and I suppose if I were exposed to it longer in might bother me, but I found it kind of cool.

...and I would stand for their state anthem out of respect. I wouldn't hold my hand over my heart or anything, but at least I'd probably stand.

Agreed; they can be damn annoying...if you ain't from Texas, you ain't shit (always loved that double negative) but I think this whole not standing thing is pretty silly...and especially starting a thread over but maybe it was a slow day in DrunkinPublic's life.

ChiefaRoo
10-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Is this what's got him so upset?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QltlctqfY4E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QltlctqfY4E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

FAX
10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
This just makes me want to mess with Texas.

Although, Mexico has already given them a wedgie and Hurricane Rita did the swirlie deal.

Maybe an Oklahoma noogie.

FAX