PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How good would this team be with Orakpo?

JohnnyV13
10-18-2010, 12:11 PM
In the 2009 draft, I liked Brian Orakpo (against board opinion).

I wasn't adamant about drafting him. In fact, when the Chiefs traded TG, I thought they had made the internal decision to go for Crabtree.

I also would have been perfectly fine with BJ Raj or (again against much board opinion) an offensive tackle. What I really wanted was to draft Sanchez because I wasn't all that hot for Cassel.

But, after the Cassel trade, my guy was Orakpo: mostly because I thought Hali wouldn't cut it as a linebacker.

So, how much better would this D be with Orakpo at OLB instead of TJack as our 50 million 5 technique?

DBOSHO
10-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Who cares?

JohnnyV13
10-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Who cares?

Isn't 2nd guessing a large part of what a BB is about?

Mecca
10-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Solid debate sure, but you could do this with any number of guys a lot of us wanted.

We talked about everyone from Sanchez to Raji to Cushing to Maclin to Oher and I talked about Hakeem Nicks a ton the list goes on and on.

You could easily look back today and say, hey what if we trade down with the Jets and take Oher or move again and take Nicks, what do we look like today?

You'll go nuts going back and talking about the players you liked before a draft.

Pestilence
10-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Because this needed its own fucking thread.

JohnnyV13
10-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Solid debate sure, but you could do this with any number of guys a lot of us wanted.

We talked about everyone from Sanchez to Raji to Cushing to Maclin to Oher and I talked about Hakeem Nicks a ton the list goes on and on.

You could easily look back today and say, hey what if we trade down with the Jets and take Oher or move again and take Nicks, what do we look like today?

You'll go nuts going back and talking about the players you liked before a draft.

Perhaps. I think this is discussion worth b/c TJack was a horrible pick. I think he was a worst case scenario.

And, the biggest need of this defense is for a 2nd pass rusher. I think Orakpo paired with Hali would have made this a very scary defense filled with young talent.

Detoxing
10-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I wanted us to draft Raji! Look how smart I am!

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
HOW GOOD WOULD THIS TEAM BE WITH JOHNNY UNITAS

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
The Royals could have Lincecum or Longoria?!? OMG!1

Count Zarth
10-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Or Maclin

/Hamas

JohnnyV13
10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
HOW GOOD WOULD THIS TEAM BE WITH JOHNNY UNITAS

How much better off would this country be if we would have made Calvin Coolidge dictator for life?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Or Maclin

/Hamas

http://oi31.tinypic.com/2llbx21.jpg

Jewish Rabbi
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
How much better would you look with your face in your palm?

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
What if Favre was on extenze? Jenny woulda fucked him.

Count Zarth
10-18-2010, 01:29 PM
http://oi31.tinypic.com/2llbx21.jpg

ROFL

Your gif usage has been exquisite lately.

Fish
10-18-2010, 01:30 PM
It's great that some fans are of the mindset that we're just a handful of players away...

BossChief
10-18-2010, 01:33 PM
It's great that some fans are of the mindset that we're just a handful of players away...
That's because we are.

QB
#1 WR
NT
LOLB
C
RT

One of those could have been filled quite nicely with that #3 pick, too...but oh well, spilt milk and all.

JohnnyV13
10-18-2010, 01:36 PM
What if Favre was on extenze? Jenny woulda ****ed him.

Who says she didn't?

I mean, what better way to get him to send her sexts than to tuck him, then use the sexts to improve her Q rating?

I mean, this is a chick that stuffed DD's into her chest to get a job (for this, I can't really blame her. Hell, if it would get me a NFL reporting job, I'd get plastic muscles). And, what third party is going to have sexts from her phone? I'm guessing her lawyer.

DaKCMan AP
10-18-2010, 01:40 PM
With Orakpo? 19-0, easy.

:bong:

TheGuardian
10-18-2010, 01:43 PM
ROFL

Your gif usage has been exquisite lately.

No doubt. Hamas has been tearing it up lately.

JohnnyV13
10-18-2010, 01:54 PM
That's because we are.

QB
#1 WR
NT
LOLB
C
RT

One of those could have been filled quite nicely with that #3 pick, too...but oh well, spilt milk and all.

Boss, right now we don't really NEED a NT or C. Sure we could use younger upgrades, but those aren't really immediate holes. We can stop the run, and Weigman can still play.

An elite qb and another pass rusher would make us just as much contenders as the Colts.

Orakpo, I think, would make this a defense developing toward a championship unit (lacking only experience for a young secondary). You can get veteran stopgaps to play NT (heck, Shaun Rogers could be available in the offseason), and Edwards has been stopping the run and given us a couple of sacks. I can't really complain about him right now.

Veteran stop gap centers are also something you can get in FA. Richardson might be an OK RT if his pass blocking develops. Remember, this is a guy who's just getting starting reps. Again, RT's aren't that hard to get in the draft's 3rd to 5th rounds.

If Vick becomes available in the offseason, I'd try to get him. He's got the arm to run a Cardinals style offense; and, prison has made him a suddenly coachable player. With Vick, the Chiefs would have the most devastating ground game in the NFL. He definately wasn't part of the right 53 before, but he might be now.

But, even if we get Vick, I'd draft a young, high round qb. Add a pass rusher and paper over holes at RT, NT, and speed WR; and this team could go far.

googlegoogle
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Didn't someone say something that he could play OLB?

Tuckdaddy
10-18-2010, 02:00 PM

Cushing, Maclin and Sanchez! OMG! If we had all of them I'd jiz in my pants with every play. LOL! But seriously. It would be nice to have Orakapu

penguinz
10-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Boss, right now we don't really NEED a NT or C. Sure we could use younger upgrades, but those aren't really immediate holes. We can stop the run, and Weigman can still play.

An elite qb and another pass rusher would make us just as much contenders as the Colts.

Orakpo, I think, would make this a defense developing toward a championship unit (lacking only experience for a young secondary). You can get veteran stopgaps to play NT (heck, Shaun Rogers could be available in the offseason), and Edwards has been stopping the run and given us a couple of sacks. I can't really complain about him right now.

Veteran stop gap centers are also something you can get in FA. Richardson might be an OK RT if his pass blocking develops. Remember, this is a guy who's just getting starting reps. Again, RT's aren't that hard to get in the draft's 3rd to 5th rounds.

If Vick becomes available in the offseason, I'd try to get him. He's got the arm to run a Cardinals style offense; and, prison has made him a suddenly coachable player. With Vick, the Chiefs would have the most devastating ground game in the NFL. He definately wasn't part of the right 53 before, but he might be now.

But, even if we get Vick, I'd draft a young, high round qb. Add a pass rusher and paper over holes at RT, NT, and speed WR; and this team could go far.Wow.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Wow.

Nothing wrong with that take, Vick would be an upgrade for this team.

suds79
10-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Nothing wrong with that take, Vick would be an upgrade for this team.

He would be but we know how running QBs are in this league. They all end up getting hurt.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
He would be but we know how running QBs are in this league. They all end up getting hurt.

I'll take the chance, fuck I'll take Kevin Kolb whichever guy the Eagles aren't starting.

BossChief
10-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Those positions I listed are thinking long term.

The only ones I see as us having a chance at being filled in house are LOLB and RT...both Studebaker and Richardson have a chance at being pretty good IMO.

I was/am one of the bigger Orakpo supporters, but whats done is done...I think he will develop into a truly elite player that has DMVP type potential, but it makes no sense to keep rehashing that draft as we all know the pick was used on a solid, yet unspectacular, player they looked at as a foundational run stopper...and by doing so they passed on the risk prospects.

Its done. Over.

Hopefully the guy turns into exactly what we drafted him as because to date, he has only shown to be able to be that guy in one game IMO ...SD before he went down.

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Studebaker sucks

BossChief
10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Studebaker sucks

so does Brandon Carr, right?

Bane
10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
How good would this team be with Orakpo?

How good will Nebraska be without TEXAS?

JohnnyV13
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Studebaker sucks

I think Studebaker has some athleticism and potential. He's not a sure thing, and I don't know if he's good enough to be our 2nd pass rusher.

beach tribe
10-18-2010, 03:02 PM
so does Brandon Carr, right?

I think Stude is going to be a player. He need REPS in the worst way though.

beach tribe
10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I think Studebaker has some athleticism and potential. He's not a sure thing, and I don't know if he's good enough to be our 2nd pass rusher.

Probably not gonna put up a ton of # in the sack department. Not soon anyway.
We need another legit pass rusher. But Studebaker is def. worth giving some PT.