PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I love this Team.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 03:15 PM
ive watched football every sunday since 86'. I love this teams balls and game efforts. They may not be perfect but man there is a nucleus of talent and coaching in place to make a real strech run down the road.
that is all.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 03:16 PM
100% agreed.

I said to my wife yesterday that this team is real fun to watch again. They play fucking with max effort all game.

Tons of young talent, great coaching has me as optimistic as ever.

Pants
10-18-2010, 03:18 PM
This team has crazy heart. That's all I need to see as a fan. Well, that and some wins from time to time.

loochy
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Thank you for not being a negative nancy. That gets really old sometimes.

FAX
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I agree with that sentiment, Mr. Metrolike.

They're playing with passion and a will to win. We may not have all the positions filled with the kind of players we'd ultimately like ... and, God knows we still have a lot to learn. But, for all our youth, this appears to be a team with tons of "heart", as you say.

It's seems like it's been a very long time since we've seen that.

FAX

ChiefaRoo
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Yep. Fun to watch Chief Football again.

bevischief
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
It is about time.

Demonpenz
10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
They got piss pounded but will learn, get stronger just in time to go apeshit at home.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-18-2010, 05:43 PM
That's great and all but we have to stop relying on our AFC West foes to lose every week like they have. That won't keep happening. Pretty soon we're gonna have to start winning games. That's what makes it fun for me. Winning. Not playing exciting ball, but winning. Not matter how we do it.

Pants
10-18-2010, 05:44 PM
That's great and all but we have to stop relying on our AFC West foes to lose every week like they have. That won't keep happening. Pretty soon we're gonna have to start winning games. That's what makes it fun for me. Winning. Not playing exciting ball, but winning. Not matter how we do it.

Dude, we're in the 2nd year of [FINALLY!!!] a real rebuild. Chill the fuck out.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Dude, we're in the 2nd year of [FINALLY!!!] a real rebuild. Chill the **** out.

I won't chill out until we get another Lombardi. One that's long overdue.

Ebolapox
10-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I won't chill out until we get another Lombardi. One that's long overdue.

that's kinda where I am.

I'm loving the team this year, don't get me wrong. I love sundays again. it's exciting watching our young guys develop. it's nice knowing that our best days are in front of us (and we WILL have a lombardi in the future if either cassel can play over his head, we have a shit-ton of lucky breaks, or we get a franchise qb somehow).

either way, I'm optimistic for the first time in a LONG while.

JoeyChuckles
10-18-2010, 11:00 PM
I actually look forward to Sundays.

joesomebody
10-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Completely agree. It's great to have a team I enjoy watching again. I also LOVE having a defense again. I grew up with the Chiefs of the 90's, and I would love to be known for our defense again.

Cassel hasn't thrown all that many pics this year, but for some reason I cringe every time he throws the ball.

I was that way before Trent Green as well. Besides Joe Mantegna, we haven't had a QB that I put much faith in besides Trent. Hopefully Cassel will improve, or we somehow stumble on another free agent miracle like Trent.

Also, I'm really starting to like Moeaki.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-18-2010, 11:15 PM
It'll be alot cooler if we could stomp some ass.

RedDread
10-18-2010, 11:20 PM
They sort of remind me of the '02 team. Flawed but played with a lot of heart. They had a real up and down season and ended up missing the playoffs barely.

With that said...the AFC West was a lot better back then, and we have been gifted with one of the shittiest divisions in football this year. I think that fact alone may give us what we need to get into the playoffs.

Hydrae
10-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Even my wife (non-football fan) commented on how much fun the game was to watch this last weekend.

Simply Red
10-19-2010, 07:00 AM
100% agreed.

I said to my wife yesterday that this team is real fun to watch again. They play ****ing with max effort all game.

Tons of young talent, great coaching has me as optimistic as ever.

it's 'optimistic like the dickens' n00b!

Simply Red
10-19-2010, 07:00 AM
:)

Hog Farmer
10-19-2010, 07:31 AM
I actually look forward to Sundays.

I've ALWAYS looked forward to Sundays , even during the Herm era but NOW it's the Mondays that seem to feel a little better.

Red Beans
10-19-2010, 07:39 AM
I was mad Sunday and I haven't been that upset for a long while. I care again. Out there on that field are players and coaches who care about winning. Our team has heart again and we as fans have responded in fashion. Being competitive again makes the losses sting that much more. For years the constant pain gave way to a numb feeling associated with inevitable loss, but we have returned somewhat and spelled the doubters for the time being. I have confidence in our front office for once. If we lose players I feel we can adequately replace them. The intangibles that this team is being built on are intangibles that make them easy to root for. For now we're the scrappy up and coming underdog, we're the guy you hope wins the fight. Whether our team turns the corner and becomes a true champion remains to be seen, but the battlefield is set and we can be sure our boys in red will be out there clawing tooth and nail. Land of the free and the home of the... CHIEFS!

FAX
10-19-2010, 08:49 AM
I was mad Sunday and I haven't been that upset for a long while. I care again. Out there on that field are players and coaches who care about winning. Our team has heart again and we as fans have responded in fashion. Being competitive again makes the losses sting that much more. For years the constant pain gave way to a numb feeling associated with inevitable loss, but we have returned somewhat and spelled the doubters for the time being. I have confidence in our front office for once. If we lose players I feel we can adequately replace them. The intangibles that this team is being built on are intangibles that make them easy to root for. For now we're the scrappy up and coming underdog, we're the guy you hope wins the fight. Whether our team turns the corner and becomes a true champion remains to be seen, but the battlefield is set and we can be sure our boys in red will be out there clawing tooth and nail. Land of the free and the home of the... CHIEFS!

Well stated, Mr. Red Beans.

One of the most refreshing aspects of this turnaround is that I don't have to watch Herm on the sidelines any more. It's really good to know that our team is no longer led by a functionally illiterate, mambling jackwad.

Those were dark days. But the light of victory is now breaking through the clouds of stupidity and it looks like double rainbows from here on out.

FAX

Red Beans
10-19-2010, 08:59 AM

One of the most refreshing aspects of this turnaround is that I don't have to watch Herm on the sidelines any more. It's really good to know that our team is no longer led by a functionally illiterate, mambling jackwad.

Those were dark days. But the light of victory is now breaking through the clouds of stupidity and it looks like double rainbows from here on out.

FAX

:clap:AMEN!:clap:

PhillyChiefFan
10-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Agreed.

Love the young talent, Berry will adjust and be a great Safety, Flowers is playing probowl caliber shutdown corner football, Hali's motor is making the defense play better, Charles has the potential to take it all the way every time he touches the ball

Coaching has been the key and I think we will only improve. And it feels great to say that.

KC Dan
10-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm stoked as well. Wish they would throw down field more though. The run game and defense are coming along very nicely even with Sunday's defensive setback. We can actually win the west this year and I would never had bet on that 6 weeks ago.

Pants
10-19-2010, 09:05 AM

FAX

But what does it mean?

TinyEvel
10-19-2010, 09:13 AM
I look forward to the Chiefs games each week too. I feel guilty that I am hurrying my family out of the parking lot after church to get home and start the game 15 minutes late.

Oh, I also look forward to ILikeBigTiddy's avatar each week.

ElGringo
10-19-2010, 09:14 AM
How often does a team really build itself up with tons of young talent, and virtually no QB? Don't get me wrong, I love this team, I love where they are, and I love where they are going. I just find it interesting normally a team builds around a QB, this team has built with a void at QB. We will be great again, we will be proud to be Chiefs fans, and we will make it to the big games in the foreseeable future.

Chief Henry
10-19-2010, 09:20 AM
ive watched football every sunday since 86'. I love this teams balls and game efforts. They may not be perfect but man there is a nucleus of talent and coaching in place to make a real strech run down the road.
that is all.

I couldn't agree more...its so refreshing to see an organization with a plan.
the previous brain trust seamed to be grasping a straws the last 6-10 years.

Thats why i didn't feel like kicking the cat after last Sundays loss. In previous years we would not even be in that game.

Pants
10-19-2010, 09:25 AM
How often does a team really build itself up with tons of young talent, and virtually no QB? Don't get me wrong, I love this team, I love where they are, and I love where they are going. I just find it interesting normally a team builds around a QB, this team has built with a void at QB. We will be great again, we will be proud to be Chiefs fans, and we will make it to the big games in the foreseeable future.

Well, Pioli thought he got a legit QB in Matt Cassel, so in his mind we were building the team around a QB. Let's just hope Pioli has the capacity to admit a mistake and start resolving the issue ASAP.

Alton deFlat
10-19-2010, 09:25 AM
This team is fun, and I'm proud once again to say I'm a Chiefs fan. I don't think I wore any of my Chiefs sweatshirts last winter. They will be worn this winter....... once it gets cold.

Fish
10-19-2010, 09:42 AM
The bandwagon force is strong in this thread.

"Winning games is what's fun for me."

"I care again."

"I'm proud once again. Chiefs garb will be worn again."

FAX
10-19-2010, 09:47 AM

"I care again."

"I turned myself into the police after killing the neighbor's pet fish."

"I no longer smash my face with my hammer."

"I volunteered to hand-wash our Cheerleaders' pantyhose."

FAX

Red Beans
10-19-2010, 10:22 AM

"I care again."

Tell me it doesn't get old losing every Sunday. I watched every game through the dark days religously. When I say I care again, I mean that I expect us to be competitive. I cared through the dark days, but gradually the expectation of a loss wears you out. You watch the game and you watch your team lose, and you don't bat an eyelash. The losses are tougher to take when we've begun the ascent. Tell me you got just as excited each Sunday during a 9 or 10 week losing streak as you did for the game last Sunday and I'll say you're full of shit.

Fish
10-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Tell me it doesn't get old losing every Sunday. I watched every game through the dark days religously. When I say I care again, I mean that I expect us to be competitive. I cared through the dark days, but gradually the expectation of a loss wears you out. You watch the game and you watch your team lose, and you don't bat an eyelash. The losses are tougher to take when we've begun the ascent. Tell me you got just as excited each Sunday during a 9 or 10 week losing streak as you did for the game last Sunday and I'll say you're full of shit.

Well go ahead and try to tell me how I felt then. Because I enjoy football, regardless of how my favorite team is doing. My allegiance to the Chiefs isn't dependent on their W-L record. I never has been, and I simply can't comprehend how some people could feel that way. To me, it's the equivalent of saying "Yeah, my child finally got an A+ on her Math test. I'm so much more proud of her than I was when she brought home that C last semester."

It just doesn't work that way for me.

Alton deFlat
10-19-2010, 10:31 AM

"I care again."

I've been a Chiefs fan for 41 years. Watch them whenever I can. Cheer, scream, holler, cuss, brag, whatever fits the moment. This year it's fun again. This year I feel they can win any game. This year MY Chiefs are winning again.... and when they don't, they make a game of it. This year I don't have to say, "maybe next year".

Pants
10-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Well go ahead and try to tell me how I felt then. Because I enjoy football, regardless of how my favorite team is doing. My allegiance to the Chiefs isn't dependent on their W-L record. I never has been, and I simply can't comprehend how some people could feel that way. To me, it's the equivalent of saying "Yeah, my child finally got an A+ on her Math test. I'm so much more proud of her than I was when she brought home that C last semester."

Why would you be proud if the kid brought home a C? I thought the love was unconditional, not pride? I don't have kids though, so what do I know?

I think the argument here is that by 'caring' he means the losses sting more than they did in the last 3 years where you were just desensitized to them (thanks to Herm and Co).

Red Beans
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM

I bleed red and gold, hence I do not enjoy watching them lose. I do it, but I do not enjoy it. It is my penance for being a Chiefs fan. I do this so that when they achieve I can say that I was there the entire time. That is my reward for suffering. You telling me that you enjoy watching the Chiefs lose just as much as when they win tells me you really don't care that much. Obviously I don't full comprehend your thought process...

MOhillbilly
10-19-2010, 10:35 AM
my parents would have done backflips if id brought home a C(which is a B at private schools).

seclark
10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
my parents would have done backflips if id brought home a C(which is a B at private schools).

my old man would have beat my ass for cheating.
sec

Carlota69
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
I agree with most of the sentiments here--

During the Herm era, I felt completely numb on Sundays. Oh, I paid to watch the misery (NFL Ticket), and I did every Sunday. But I was emotionally bankrupt. Cheifs score? nothing. The other team scores? Nothing. Win? Nothing. Lose? nothing. I was practically dead on SUndays. But I watched every Sunday without fail.

Now? I feel excitment, Im running around my house screaming, yelling, hootin and hollerin..in disbelief that we are going for it on 4th and whatever--scared that we wont do but absolutely elated cuz THIS TEAM HAS THE BALLS TO GO FOR IT!!!

Chargers, Browns, 49ers, Colts and Texans--win or lose, I am having a blast watching this team go out and give it their all. Derrick Johnson flip over the O=Line in the 4th quarter??? How much did he want it???? Just killer. Even with the loss, I loved how much fun that game was to watch.

Just becasue Herm sucked the life and spirit out of this team and the fanbase (me and many here), and Haley, Pioli have injected it back in with a vengence, doesnt make me or anyone else who felt numb for the past few years "bandwagoneers"--it just makes us HAPPY.

Pants
10-19-2010, 02:09 PM
ya what she said

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-19-2010, 03:31 PM
It's better than it was, that's for damn sure.