PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting stat I heard on the radio

jjchieffan
10-18-2010, 05:48 PM
KC line has given up 4 sacks all season. Cassel was one of the most sacked QB's in the league last year. Now he is one of the least. The line play is greatly improved, but so is Cassels ability to get rid of the ball. One improvement Cassel has made it that he doesn't hold on to the ball forever any more. Of course Saccashit will be here shortly to remind us that Albert sucks. I saw his post yesterday slamming him. He has faced Freeney, Mathis, and Williams on the road the last two weeks, and they all left with 0 sacks for the game. Maybe this draft, we won't hear Saccashit and all the experts arguing for us to pick left tackle with our first pick

aturnis
10-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the bye week bud...

ILikeBigTiddys
10-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Thats an interesting stat

googlegoogle
10-18-2010, 11:45 PM
this is a big part of why we're winning.

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2010, 11:57 PM
I believe one of the reasons Cassel does a pee-pee dance in the pocket because he's been coached to throw the ball quicker , but for Matt it makes him uncomfortable because he has to do it before he can go through all of his progressions with his average field vision .

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Sac will never admit to being wrong about the O-line.

Shogun
10-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Whos the least sacked qb?

Chiefnj2
10-19-2010, 06:04 AM

I don't think it's the OL as much as the playcalling and overall strategy to get rid of the ball quick. Run blocking has been pretty good. Pass blocking is improved, but still isn't where it needs to be.

Chiefnj2
10-19-2010, 06:11 AM

I don't think it's the OL as much as the playcalling and overall strategy to get rid of the ball quick. Run blocking has been pretty good. Pass blocking is improved, but still isn't where it needs to be.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-19-2010, 06:22 AM
I believe one of the reasons Cassel does a pee-pee dance in the pocket because he's been coached to throw the ball quicker , but for Matt it makes him uncomfortable because he has to do it before he can go through all of his progressions with his average field vision .

It is kind of funny how two different people can see the same thing.

Matt is clearly being coached to get rid of the ball quicker. And, to that end, he is doing a good job. There is no question that the biggest area of concern for the Chiefs on offense this year is avoiding negative plays. Listen to nearly every press conference and Todd Haley mentions this.

Charlie Weis has always been a dink and dunk kind of offensive coordinator. Heck, even now, several years after Weis left, the Pats still throw 70% of their passes within 10 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Add to that, the Chiefs concern over their offensive line, and Matt is coached to never be ashamed of throwing the ball away. Basically, when in doubt, throw it away.

I don't see Matt not reading fast enough. I see him doing what the coaches tell him to do.

But, we both agree that he is being coached to get rid of the ball quickly and avoid sacks. And, we agree that he is doing that without question.

The final play in Houston was a great example of why we have to run the ball, and why the Chiefs don't have a ton of faith in their pass protection. Richardson got beat like a drum and I don't think he even got a hand on the guy.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-19-2010, 06:22 AM

Agreed.