PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs BRC calls it. AFC West title. Home playoff game. Who's with me poll.

BigRedChief
10-19-2010, 08:06 AM
When we started this season I was thinking 8-8, maybe. We still may only make it to 9-7 but that may be good enough to win the AFC West.

We have watched our team get its ass kicked for 3 years. We got use to the losing, not even watching some of the games. There seem to be no hope for a positive turnaround.

I'm not going to become a blind homer because we seem to be on the right path. But, its time to embrace hope again. To expect more out of our team. Feel like chit when we give away a game. Because someday soon, if not this year, next year for sure we may actually have a legitamate shot to make the playoffs again.

Who's with me? Playoffs this year!:toast:

DMAC
10-19-2010, 08:08 AM
:rockon:

Sofa King
10-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Our schedule is just too easy. We have got to pull through this year.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2010, 08:25 AM
I am on the bandwagon....

Feels good to have hope again.

tooge
10-19-2010, 08:29 AM
agreed, probably not quite there yet, but very close. The Chiefs are legit again for the first time in about 7 years.

Bill Parcells
10-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Who's BRC? Never heard of him before.

BigRedChief
10-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Who's BRC? Never heard of him before.http://www.autogas-kit.com/images/brc_logo.jpg

Extra Point
10-19-2010, 08:37 AM
On the bandwagon, with one cheek on the buckboard.

May get knocked off, hitting a ditch at the saloon. Haley'd be at the table, all in with a pair of sevens in the 4th quarter of the season.

Shogun
10-19-2010, 08:37 AM
I was on the playoff wagon during the 2-11 season. Fuck yeah, lets do this.

patteeu
10-19-2010, 08:38 AM
I hope the "hope" you're selling is more real than that other guy's.

Bane
10-19-2010, 08:39 AM
I was on the playoff wagon during the 2-11 season. **** yeah, lets do this.

Honestly that's always me.I don't need a 3-0 start to get on or start a bandwagon.

Shogun
10-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Honestly that's always me.I don't need a 3-0 start to get on or start a bandwagon.

Yep. And I Don't know why I said 2-11. But you know what I meant :D

Consistent1
10-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I went with on the fence for now. This entire year in the NFL is still looking mighty unpredictable. It is nice to have the playoffs be a possibility, but I want to see us get back on a winning run before I get too excited.

Mi_chief_fan
10-19-2010, 08:45 AM
For no other reason, i'm on the bandwagon because of the schedule. 10 wins should be fairly easy, IMO.

Hog Farmer
10-19-2010, 08:47 AM
San Diego has the #1 rated O in the league

San Diego has the #4 rated D in the league

We have Matt Cassel !

San Diedo has crater neck for a coach.

We have good coaching.

San Diego COULD end up 11-5

We will probably end up 10-6

:shrug:

dallaschiefsfan
10-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Barring a complete collapse of epic proportions on the Chiefs' part, it is difficult to see a scenario that has anyone else in the AFC west winning this thing. San Diego has far too many difficult games ahead...and the St. Louis game...wow.

DaKCMan AP
10-19-2010, 09:02 AM
San Diego has the #1 rated O in the league

San Diego has the #4 rated D in the league

We have Matt Cassel !

San Diedo has crater neck for a coach.

We have good coaching.

San Diego COULD end up 11-5

We will probably end up 10-6

:shrug:

San Diego's has a remaining non-division schedule of NE, Tenn, Houston, Indy, San Fran and Cincinnati.

We have a remaining non-division schedule of Jax, Buffalo, Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, and Tenn.

Rooster
10-19-2010, 09:24 AM
As long as Junior Seau isn't driving this bandwagon I'm ready. To The Ship!!

talastan
10-19-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm on the bandwagon, it is nice to have a team to be positive about once again. I don't know how we would do in the post-season, but we should get a spot in playoffs if we can keep up the level of play these guys have been putting up on the field.

Frazod
10-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I was talking to one of my best friends (who is obnoxious and evil, and has delighted in tormenting me over the Chiefs for decades). He's not enjoyed the past few years very much though, since any semblance of hope has been beaten out of me by the middle of training camp. Of course, this year was different. After we started 3-0, and I dared to start feeling good, he reminded me of Denver's fast start last year and asked why I felt things would be different for Kansas City. My response? "They're coached by morons, we aren't." Sadly, I no longer feel that way. :shake:

And, of course, when my friend called to bust my balls Sunday afternoon I served him up an obsenity-laced tirade of angst and frustration that had him laughing so hard he was in tears. At least it's good to know the eternal pain these shitbags heap upon me is entertaining. He's also a Saints fan, too. The bastard. :grr:

I don't trust Cassel, but more importantly I don't trust our coaches to not trust Cassel. I also don't trust them to actually watch the fucking game and make critical decisions based on the painfully obvious results of our play on the field. We should be 4-1 right now, maybe even 5-0. Instead, we're suddenly hovering about 500 and I'm left to wonder what the Hunchback of Notre Dame might pull out of his hat to fuck things up in the weeks to come.

The only way we make the playoffs is if we continue to get outsucked by the rest of our sucky division. That might well happen. But I believe we'll get bent over by the first real team we suit up against in the playoffs. This team simply finds ways to lose against good competition.

Coogs
10-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Put me down for a seat. I like a lot of things I have seen these first 5 games. First and foremost, it looks like we have a competent coaching staff. And it appears the team is buying into that coaching staff. Long ways to go, but it does look possible... even after comming off of two straight losses.

Red Brooklyn
10-19-2010, 09:42 AM
:rockon:

This.

Frosty
10-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Playoffs? ..... Playoffs? /Mora

I'm enjoying this season and am enjoying watching the development of the young players but I am still not trusting this team. They've played better than I expected but the Houston game shows that the team doesn't quite have enough horses yet. Some of the holes we were worried about (NT, OLB, C) are starting to rear their ugly head. If you can't get pressure on the QB, even a bad QB will pick you apart. Putting the game in the hands of your hand-cuffed game manager QB because you aren't sure you can pick up 3rd and short will come back to bite you.

cdcox
10-19-2010, 10:08 AM
So if we win, we'll probably end up hosting one of these seven teams:

Ravens
Steelers
New England
Jets
Indy
Houston
Titans

stevieray
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM

Ravens
Steelers
New England
Jets
Indy
Houston
Titans

possible(lost in last 2:00 last year OTR)
L
L
possible
possible (lost in last qtr)
possible(lost in last :28)
?

ElGringo
10-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm all in on this one. Playoffs are something I do believe is possible. We will, however, continue our level of suck in the playoffs, predicting one and done, but this is just a sign of things to come.

BigChiefTablet
10-19-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm on the bandwagon. I would like another shot at Indy and/or Houston in the playoffs and I think we could beat either if we play well.

Trent Dilfer, however, had this to say about the Chiefs on Sportscenter last night. "Oh they won't win the division, but you won't want to have to play them late."

Of course Trent Dilfer is a tool.

Otter
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Who's BRC? Never heard of him before.

He's the serial killer looking dude that can be found in the dark corners of Jerusalem trading shekels for dollars. Don't make eye contact.

I'm on the wagon! Let's ride bitch!

Count Alex's Losses
10-19-2010, 10:53 AM

Ravens
Steelers
New England
Jets
Indy
Houston
Titans

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF
TRY AND YOU'LL SUCK-CEED
NEVER DOUBT THAT YOU'RE THE CHIEFS
AND YOU CAN BLOW THE GAME!!!

Count Alex's Losses
10-19-2010, 10:54 AM
As for the OP, I have to wait until Nov. 14.

If we beat the Broncos we're heading to the playoffs.

If not...they might just overtake us for the division.

This post is null and void if Denver loses to Oakland or SF.

Fish
10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm cheering the same as I have done the last 3 years. No difference for me.

patteeu
10-19-2010, 11:29 AM
I was talking to one of my best friends (who is obnoxious and evil, and has delighted in tormenting me over the Chiefs for decades). He's not enjoyed the past few years very much though, since any semblance of hope has been beaten out of me by the middle of training camp. Of course, this year was different. After we started 3-0, and I dared to start feeling good, he reminded me of Denver's fast start last year and asked why I felt things would be different for Kansas City. My response? "They're coached by morons, we aren't." Sadly, I no longer feel that way. :shake:

And, of course, when my friend called to bust my balls Sunday afternoon I served him up an obsenity-laced tirade of angst and frustration that had him laughing so hard he was in tears. At least it's good to know the eternal pain these shitbags heap upon me is entertaining. He's also a Saints fan, too. The bastard. :grr:

I don't trust Cassel, but more importantly I don't trust our coaches to not trust Cassel. I also don't trust them to actually watch the ****ing game and make critical decisions based on the painfully obvious results of our play on the field. We should be 4-1 right now, maybe even 5-0. Instead, we're suddenly hovering about 500 and I'm left to wonder what the Hunchback of Notre Dame might pull out of his hat to **** things up in the weeks to come.

The only way we make the playoffs is if we continue to get outsucked by the rest of our sucky division. That might well happen. But I believe we'll get bent over by the first real team we suit up against in the playoffs. This team simply finds ways to lose against good competition.

Some people see the glass of clear liquid as half full. Some see it as half empty. Frazod sees nothing in the glass at all.

B_Ambuehl
10-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Playoffs or no playoffs you still don't have a legit team until you fix the QB situation.

A better poll would be would you rather make the playoffs and be stuck with Cassell for 2 more years? (because that's likely what'll happen)

Or would you rather implode enough this year to get him run outta town and get a real QB in here?

I think y'all will make the playoffs and be 1 and done and lose in a nearly identical manner to Herm. Everybody will bitch just like they did then. Pioli will keep Cassell another year so net progress of zero.

Frazod
10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Some people see the glass of clear liquid as half full. Some see it as half empty. Frazod sees nothing in the glass at all.

Hi honey! I knew it would give you a lift if I finally responded to your faggot-assed whining in DC, and sure enough, here you are wanting to play!

keg in kc
10-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I need to see how they look the next two weeks. I don't know if Sunday's game was a turning point or not. If they don't blow both Jacksonville and Buffalo off the field, then I think we're in for a disappointing rest of the year.

And I do think winning 9 or 10 games with Cassel managing a martyocre attack where he throws 25 passes for 180 yards every week is maybe the worst possible scenario, long term.

patteeu
10-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi honey! I knew it would give you a lift if I finally responded to your pillowbiter-assed whining in DC, and sure enough, here you are wanting to play!

Hi. Do you really not see anything to be optimistic about in the 2010 version of the Chiefs? Reasonable people can differ on the 3rd and 2 call I suppose, but overall hasn't the coaching been pretty superior this season?

LaChapelle
10-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Any thing is possible beyond the 50
this is just the 25ish

Frazod
10-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi. Do you really not see anything to be optimistic about in the 2010 version of the Chiefs? Reasonable people can differ on the 3rd and 2 call I suppose, but overall hasn't the coaching been pretty superior this season?

I've debated this at length with numerous people here. I have expressed my opinions clearly. If you can't understand what I wrote, I suggest you either (a) find a dictionary, or (b) somebody smart enough to translate my post down to your own personal level of comprehension.

patteeu
10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
I've debated this at length with numerous people here. I have expressed my opinions clearly. If you can't understand what I wrote, I suggest you either (a) find a dictionary, or (b) somebody smart enough to translate my post down to your own personal level of comprehension.

Hmmm. Why did you bother posting this? If you don't want to give a simple answer to a simple question, why respond at all?

Frazod
10-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Hmmm. Why did you bother posting this? If you don't want to give a simple answer to a simple question, why respond at all?

Perhaps I just wanted to continue this marvelous dialogue you've instigated.

vailpass
10-19-2010, 12:13 PM
BRC get your ass back in the SCIF before somebody reports you!
:)

patteeu
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Perhaps I just wanted to continue this marvelous dialogue you've instigated.

OK, PM me if you want to talk.

Hog Farmer
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM

I don't trust Cassel, but more importantly I don't trust our coaches to not trust Cassel. I also don't trust them to actually watch the ****ing game and make critical decisions based on the painfully obvious results of our play on the field. We should be 4-1 right now, maybe even 5-0. Instead, we're suddenly hovering about 500 and I'm left to wonder what the Hunchback of Notre Dame might pull out of his hat to **** things up in the weeks to come.

I find that really difficult to believe !

Frazod
10-19-2010, 12:17 PM
OK, PM me if you want to talk.

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

RustShack
10-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm waiting for my secret email telling if this can happen before I vote.

Dave Lane
10-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking possible playoffs not sure we get home game.

Rausch
10-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm waiting for my secret email telling if this can happen before I vote.

I'm having a hard time believing that 49 people on here drink more than me...

RustShack
10-19-2010, 12:35 PM
The pole must be rigged. Chiefs Planet hates the Chiefs.

Frosty
10-19-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm thinking possible playoffs not sure we get home game.

I don't think the Chiefs make the playoffs unless they win the division. Division winners get a home game, right?

Hog Farmer
10-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I don't think the Chiefs make the playoffs unless they win the division. Division winners get a home game, right?

No,not nececelery

arrowheadnation
10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
What the hell...I'm in. Hell, we will probably even win a playoff game this year, just because we're not supposed to.

KC Tattoo
10-19-2010, 06:26 PM
I said before the season, the division was ours to take. I said 10 & 6 could win it and we would take it. :D

Now I must say.
QB be damned we can win this division.:#

Chiefs Pantalones
10-19-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree with Kyle. If we don't beat the crap out of both Jacksonville and Buffalo we most likely aren't going to the playoffs. Playoff teams take care of bad teams.

BigRedChief
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
I don't think the Chiefs make the playoffs unless they win the division. Division winners get a home game, right?Correct, hence my optimism.

BigRedChief
10-19-2010, 08:23 PM
BRC get your ass back in the SCIF before somebody reports you!
http://www.forumspile.com/Flame-I_have_connections.jpg

BigRedChief
10-19-2010, 08:25 PM
He's the serial killer looking dude that can be found in the dark corners of Jerusalem trading shekels for dollars. Don't make eye contact.I'm feeling much better now. :toast:

SenselessChiefsFan
10-19-2010, 08:39 PM
No,not nececelery

Actually, every division winner gets a home game.

Thig Lyfe
10-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Our schedule is way too easy and the rest of the division is way too weak for us not to go to the playoffs this year.

Now, whether we will make the playoffs is another issue...

ChiTown
10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
YO!

Silock
10-19-2010, 08:54 PM

I don't trust Cassel, but more importantly I don't trust our coaches to not trust Cassel. I also don't trust them to actually watch the fucking game and make critical decisions based on the painfully obvious results of our play on the field. We should be 4-1 right now, maybe even 5-0. Instead, we're suddenly hovering about 500 and I'm left to wonder what the Hunchback of Notre Dame might pull out of his hat to fuck things up in the weeks to come.

We're "hovering" just above .500 after playing two of the best teams in the league down to the wire in THEIR HOUSES.

I'd say that's pretty damn good, especially for a team coming off of multiple years of pathetic performances.

BigRedChief
10-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Actually, every division winner gets a home game.2 get home homes against wild cards. 2 get byes.

BigRedChief
10-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Bump for the homer in all of us!

Simply Red
10-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I was on the playoff wagon during the 2-11 season. **** yeah, lets do this.

ROFL

KurtCobain
10-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Crazy chopped off chicken head says KC wins the division by three games with a 9-7 record. So suck it.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2010, 07:23 PM
We're "hovering" just above .500 after playing two of the best teams in the league down to the wire in THEIR HOUSES.

I'd say that's pretty damn good, especially for a team coming off of multiple years of pathetic performances.

We haven't arrived yet. If we were as good as some of the people on this BB think, we would've won one of those games at least. Even Haley said so. I'm anxious to see how we play against these two "terrible" teams these next two weeks. Playoff teams take care of bad teams as well all know. If we learned anything at all from these past two road games we'll take care of both of these "terrible" teams.

Funnily, even if we don't improve much, our division sucks so bad we might win the division by default and get trounced by a NE or a Balt team in our house...again. At least we made the playoffs again I guess...

KurtCobain
10-21-2010, 07:30 PM
We haven't arrived yet. If we were as good as some of the people on this BB think, we would've won one of those games at least. Even Haley said so. I'm anxious to see how we play against these two "terrible" teams these next two weeks. Playoff teams take care of bad teams as well all know. If we learned anything at all from these past two road games we'll take care of both of these "terrible" teams.

Funnily, even if we don't improve much, our division sucks so bad we might win the division by default and get trounced by a NE or a Balt team in our house...again. At least we made the playoffs again I guess...

I've already figured we'll be a fourth seed in the playoffs this year. I think we could take NE at home, but not bal, pit, or nyj. My hope is that HOU will somehow get that 5th seed wildcard spot and we will destroy them.

Mi_chief_fan
10-21-2010, 07:31 PM

Funnily?

BigRedChief
10-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Still with a 2 game lead on the rest of the AFC West in week 8. :clap:

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Need to get a big W next week.

BWillie
10-31-2010, 08:42 PM
I actually think we lose @ Oakland. They are getting much better. Denver is done, put a fork in it. Would be nice though if we went on a little road winning streak

BigRedChief
10-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Need to get a big W next week.Going to be a tough test. The 2010 Raiders look like they are winning using the same formula as us, run the ball and play defense.

Count Alex's Losses
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
I honestly don't know if I want to attend a game at Arrowhead featuring Mark Castle.

keg in kc
10-31-2010, 08:50 PM
I actually think we lose @ Oakland. They are getting much better. Denver is done, put a fork in it. Would be nice though if we went on a little road winning streakI agree with that.

San Diego isn't going away quite yet, either. We aren't close to having this sealed away.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Once again:

Herm-style ass back-up in to Wild Card; lose Wild Card.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
I honestly don't know if I want to attend a game at Arrowhead featuring Mark Castle.

You already have.

BigRedChief
11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Despite this loss, I still think we win the AFC West.

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Despite this loss, I still think we win the AFC West.Well, if we lose more than 2 more games, I think we're screwed. I think SD will come back and take it. I wouldnt be surprised to see them win out. If both teams finish 11-5, SD wins the division.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Despite this loss, I still think we win the AFC West.

Well buddy, we've got some fucking work to do. Starting with offensive game planning and play calling.

These guys better march in to Denver like the Adams Atoms headed over to Lambda Lambda Lambda to destroy their fucking frat house after being called out by John Goodman.

You grind this next one out like a bunch of fucking weasels, SCRRRRAPING to get a win just like the Buffalo game, then you didn't come to play football.

BigRedChief
11-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, if we lose more than 2 more games, I think we're screwed. I think SD will come back and take it. I wouldnt be surprised to see them win out. If both teams finish 11-5, SD wins the division.I think 10-6 wins the division. Maybe 9-7.

We get these wins...
Denver
Arizona
Seattle
Denver
Oakland

I think we lose these
Rams
Chargers
Titans

BigRedChief
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Well buddy, we've got some ****ing work to do. Starting with offensive game planning and play calling.

These guys better march in to Denver like the Adams Atoms headed over to Lambda Lambda Lambda to destroy their ****ing frat house after being called out by John Goodman.

You grind this next one out like a bunch of ****ing weasels, SCRRRRAPING to get a win just like the Buffalo game, then you didn't come to play football.I agree, we need to kick some donkey azz in Denver.

Der Flöprer
11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I would vote, but it needed to be a public poll. Now I can say I voted for whatever, whenever.

BigRedChief
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
I would vote, but it needed to be a public poll. Now I can say I voted for whatever, whenever.Everyone is a winner!;)

Der Flöprer
11-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Everyone is a winner!;)

The Academy knows how to please!

Frazod
11-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I was on the fence you first posted this, and nothing I've seen lately has motivated me to move off it.

These clowns remind me of the 2002 team. Blown out a couple of times, but mainly hung around close games and then found new and exciting ways to lose them at the last minute.

The biggest difference? Matt Cassel on his best day isn't Trent Green on his worst.

Extra Point
11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
On the bandwagon, with one cheek on the buckboard.

Like riding the fence, it hurts like Hell!

BigRedChief
11-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Like riding the fence, it hurts like Hell!yeah come on Frazod. It may suck sometimes to care and then get kicked in the gut by your team. But its a helluva lot better than not caring and accepting your team is a loser.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-08-2010, 07:41 PM
CHIEFS OAKLAND CHARGERS
WEEK 10 @DEN W BYE BYE
WEEK 11 CARDS W @PITT L MON DENVER W COULD BE A L
WEEK12 @SEA W MIAMI W @INDY L
WEEK 13 DEN W @ SD L OAK W
WEEK 14 @SD L @JAGS W KC W
WEEK 15 @ RAMS W DEN W 49ERS W
WEEK 16 TENN L COLTS L @CINN W
WEEK 17 OAK W @ KC L @ DEN W

11- 5 8-8 10-6

Frazod
11-08-2010, 07:46 PM
yeah come on Frazod. It may suck sometimes to care and then get kicked in the gut by your team. But its a helluva lot better than not caring and accepting your team is a loser.

Sorry, the one-two punch of total epic suck from the Chiefs and the Tigers over the last two weeks has sort of numbed me to the idea of having much hope for either one of them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Sorry, the one-two punch of total epic suck from the Chiefs and the Tigers over the last two weeks has sort of numbed me to the idea of having much hope for either one of them.

Horrible fucking football weekend. Horrible.:mad::shake:

Frazod
11-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Horrible fucking football weekend. Horrible.:mad::shake:

The previous weekend was no better. Sure the Chiefs won, but damn well shouldn't have and got clowned by a winless team at home. I was hoping they simply got caught looking ahead to the Oakland game.

WELL SHIT I GUESS THAT WASN'T THE CASE, WAS IT?

:facepalm:

BigRedChief
12-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Bandwagon is taking on new passengers.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2010, 06:29 PM
See you in January, bitches!

Pawnmower
12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Any more seats available on this BattleWagon[TM]?

Bill Brasky
12-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Lets do this sh!t. I'm *really* liking our chances to make the playoffs.

L.A. Chieffan
12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
playoffs? yes.

playoff win? no

Gonzo
12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm really impressed with this squad. I don't think they'll go deep in the postseason but starnger things have happened, (see: AZ Cardinals 2 years ago).
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm really impressed with this squad. I don't think they'll go deep in the postseason but starnger things have happened, (see: AZ Cardinals 2 years ago).
Posted via Mobile DeviceOne step at a time. Long shot to really do any damage in the Playoffs but if you can run the ball, play defense and the QB doesn't turn it over....thats a winning formula. Hard to execute but still a winning formula.

Bill Parcells
12-05-2010, 07:16 PM
http://routingbyrumor.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

BRC, you had me worried after the Raider game. but I knew there was no way! NO WAY you could be wrong ;)

BigRedChief
12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
BRC, you had me worried after the Raider game. but I knew there was no way! NO WAY you could be wrong ;)hey Creskin, wasnt this suppose to be a rebuilding year for your tream?

ROYC75
12-05-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm still not convinced we are in....yet. This team does not have the killer instinct plus the fact we tend to play at our opponents level.

Today, Bowe with know catches .... what ? No quick looks in , crossing patterns, quick outs, other that the one he went OB. Haley taking gambles instead of points, he is opposite of Martyball that's for sure. Our ST's have been in a funk of late.... Too many things for us to feel confident about.

Just not ready to say we are playoff material for these simple reasons.

BigRedChief
12-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Just not ready to say we are playoff material for these simple reasons.I think a major part of why we are a playoff team is because of our schedule and the division we play in. But we have put our foot on the throats of teams and finished them off. We have shown that killer instinct at times.

San Fran
Seattle
Jacksonville
Arizona

We are the 3rd youngest team in the NFL. We are going to let games get away from us that we should win. It's the NFL, it happens to all teams.

ROYC75
12-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I think a major part of why we are a playoff team is because of our schedule and the division we play in. But we have put our foot on the throats of teams and finished them off. We have shown that killer instinct at times.

San Fran
Seattle
Jacksonville
Arizona

We are the 3rd youngest team in the NFL. We are going to let games get away from us that we should win. It's the NFL, it happens to all teams.

WOW :shake: 3 crappy teams and team without Garrard !

Some accomplishment. We gave games away to Houston and Oakland we should have won. With that in mind, SD, TN, SL, and Oakland is not a simple task with this team.

ROYC75
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
BRC, if we are as good as you say we are, do we finally win a playoff game since the Montana era ?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2010, 09:08 PM

I can guarantee you this:

It will involve many ill-timed, puke-inducing bubble screens.

BigRedChief
12-05-2010, 09:54 PM
BRC, if we are as good as you say we are, do we finally win a playoff game since the Montana era ?No. thats another hurdle to clear next year.

Ugly Duck
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
What if... what if the Chiefs go 1-2 in the next three games & OAK goes 2-1? It could happen. Its not impossible (some folks here thought a Raider win @ Chargers was not possible). So in the last week Raiders would go into 9-6 KC with an 8-7 record. The winner @ Arrowhead would take the division (unless SD runs the table). A KC loss next week @ SD coupled with an unlikely-but-not-impossible OAK win @ Jags changes things considerably. Both SD & OAK would be just 1 game behind with KC behind in possible tiebreakers. The division is not yours quite yet.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
There is 0 chance of the Raiders walking into Arrowhead and taking the division from the Chiefs without Rich Gannon.

ZERO CHANCE, DO YOU HEAR ME, RAIDER SCUM?

Also, we don't lose at Arrowhead, nor do we lose to NFC West teams so you can just stop dreaaaaaaaamiiiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg.

ROYC75
12-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Jagsfan : It's still Duck season, isn't it ?

Let the Duck squawk, they did us a favor today. We all know they have a very big road to go to get to KC with that scenario ( a slim chance Duck, a slim chance ).

Ugly Duck
12-05-2010, 11:54 PM
(Raiders) have a very big road to go to get to KC with that scenario ( a slim chance Duck, a slim chance ).

Slim, but not ZERO. Oh hey c'mon now, KC just barely squeaked by a terrible Denver team @ Arrowhead. KC managed only 1 TD against the porous freakin Bronco defense. KC let one of the worst RBs in the league roll for 160 yards. KC plays like that @SD & its a loss. KC loses @SD & they are only 1 game up in the division with 3 to go. This division ain't in the bag. Not yet.

ROYC75
12-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Slim, but not ZERO. Oh hey c'mon now, KC just barely squeaked by a terrible Denver team @ Arrowhead. KC managed only 1 TD against the porous freakin Bronco defense. KC let one of the worst RBs in the league roll for 160 yards. KC plays like that @SD & its a loss. KC loses @SD & they are only 1 game up in the division with 3 to go. This division ain't in the bag. Not yet.

How well I know it's not, as some are getting happy feet about playoffs! :eek:

This KC team has a long ways to go to be a competitive playoff contender, truth is the AFC West is weaker this year with SD coming back to earth and KC & Oakland improving.

I don't know what it is about your defense, crap your whole team, 1 week plays lights out and the next you can't find the switch to turn them on. :shake:

FTR, Thanks, Nice win today. I wonder if SD overlooked you guys today for next week ? I know SD was banged up and you left them more banged up, a 2nd thanks.

But Oakland has a very tough road to go to get to KC with any chance to win the west. SD actually has a better chance than you guys do , even after today's upset win.

KC winning next week (:rolleyes: ) would make anybody's chance other than KC's , almost impossible.

But this is the NFL and anything can happen, ref: today!

Aries Walker
12-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Save me a seat on that bandwagon. We have a two-game lead over the rest of the division with only four games left, and a fairly easy schedule.

BigRedChief
12-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Slim, but not ZERO. Oh hey c'mon now, KC just barely squeaked by a terrible Denver team @ Arrowhead. KC managed only 1 TD against the porous freakin Bronco defense. KC let one of the worst RBs in the league roll for 160 yards. KC plays like that @SD & its a loss. KC loses @SD & they are only 1 game up in the division with 3 to go. This division ain't in the bag. Not yet.yeah, you only have to beat Jacksonville, Indy and win at KC. Thats a real possibility? You really believe that?

CaliforniaChief
12-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Oakland was very impressive yesterday. But they've done this before. Domination followed by suckage/chokage. Oakland could win any of those four, but I haven't seen the consistency to indicate that they can string that together against the level of competition they have to face.

They're (Oakland) so hard to figure out that they could honestly beat JAX on the road and lose at home to Denver.

Graystoke
12-06-2010, 05:37 PM
I will drink that Kool-Aid!
GAWD ITS SOOOOO GOOOOD!
Go CHIEFS!

BigRedChief
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Oakland was very impressive yesterday. But they've done this before. Domination followed by suckage/chokage. Oakland could win any of those four, but I haven't seen the consistency to indicate that they can string that together against the level of competition they have to face.

They're (Oakland) so hard to figure out that they could honestly beat JAX on the road and lose at home to Denver.they will implode. Bet on it.

J Diddy
12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Save me a seat on that bandwagon. We have a two-game lead over the rest of the division with only four games left, and a fairly easy schedule.

2 of the 4 are division games. In the AFC west there ain't no such thing as an easy division games. Each one of those teams could only have no wins and they'd show up like the lombardi was on the line. This is what I love/hate about the AFC west.

DTLB58
12-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I'll take me some Playoff tickets to.

January @ Arrowhead here we come!

BigRedChief
12-12-2010, 10:08 PM
No way do we perform that poorly two weeks in a row, Cassel or not. We beat St. Louis and win the last two at home and the bandwagon is still taking on passengers.

KChiefs1
12-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Beat St Louis at Arrowhead East & then the next two home games vs an awful Tennessee team & revenge vs the Faid.

Home playoff game vs Baltimore or New York.

KCrockaholic
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Beat St Louis at Arrowhead East & then the next two home games vs an awful Tennessee team & revenge vs the Faid.

Sounds good to me :thumb: I just want this division.

Rausch
12-12-2010, 10:46 PM
The bandwagon = not good...

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/06/dysentarytee.jpg

ROYC75
12-12-2010, 10:52 PM

After today's debacle, that's a tall order.

Possible, we do have a game lead. Would be nice to see SD stumble 1 more time.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2010, 10:27 AM
We're winning the division. Write that down.

BigRedChief
12-13-2010, 10:08 PM
We're winning the division. Write that down.Happy to have you on the bandwagon.

BigRedChief
12-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Bandwagon is making a stop to pick up some new fans!

Count Alex's Losses
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm getting pretty excited. I've pretty much locked up a seat to a potential playoff game thanks to a generous individual. The thought of being at a playoff game at Arrowhead is...spine tingling.

BigRedChief
12-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm getting pretty excited. I've pretty much locked up a seat to a potential playoff game thanks to a generous individual. The thought of being at a playoff game at Arrowhead is...spine tingling.Pretty much? so you on or off the bandwagon?

Reerun_KC
I'm getting pretty excited. I've pretty much locked up a seat to a potential playoff game thanks to a generous individual. The thought of being at a playoff game at Arrowhead is...spine tingling.

:facepalm:

Reerun_KC
Pretty much? so you on or off the bandwagon?

ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
12-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Pretty much? so you on or off the bandwagon?

I'm not sure what being on the bandwagon entails, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't make the playoffs at this point.

BigRedChief
12-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure what being on the bandwagon entails, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't make the playoffs at this point.That you believe that the Chiefs will win the AFC West and get a home playoff game.

Count Alex's Losses
12-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh, OK. Fuck it, I'll flip my homer switch.

See you in January, Doug.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-19-2010, 07:30 PM
That you believe that the Chiefs will win the AFC West and get a home playoff game.

Beat the Raiders and get a home play off game. NO bandwagoning until then.

On my end at least.

BigRedChief
12-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Beat the Raiders and get a home play off game. NO bandwagoning until then.

On my end at least.So whens its "official" and a done deal. Then you will believe its possible?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-19-2010, 09:09 PM
So whens its "official" and a done deal. Then you will believe its possible?

Did I not just lay out the terms?

BigRedChief
12-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Did I not just lay out the terms?Okay, I'll put you in the "when the sun sets in the west, I'll actually believe it", got it.:rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Okay, I'll put you in the "when the sun sets in the west, I'll actually believe it", got it.:rolleyes:

Letting the Raiders run amok in the West is unacceptable. Beat/defeat, then I'll buy my wagon and horses.

I'll even name one of them "Sanchez" for you.

BigRedChief
12-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Letting the Raiders run amok in the West is unacceptable. Beat/defeat, then I'll buy my wagon and horses.

I'll even name one of them "Sanchez" for you.We need some more wagons now. We are taking on a bunch of new bandwagon passengers now.

Der Flöprer
12-26-2010, 07:12 PM
AMER-IIIIIIII-CA!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2010, 07:13 PM
We need some more wagons now. We are taking on a bunch of new bandwagon passengers now.

I've gone FULL-CONESTOGA, BRAH!!!!!!

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/02/studebaker/image/8_conestoga-wagon.jpg

BigRedChief
12-26-2010, 07:28 PM
I've gone FULL-CONESTOGA, BRAH!!!!!!

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/02/studebaker/image/8_conestoga-wagon.jpg
Better late than never.:thumb:

BigRedChief
12-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Bandwagon pulling into the dock to pick up new fans. Who wants on board now?

BigRedChief
01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Still taking on bandwagoners but if you think an overated Ray Ray and a banged up Reed and Suggs are going to win on Sunday. Stay the fuc$ off the bandwagon.:harumph:

yeti
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
BRC is a sage.

BigRedChief
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I still havent seen one shred of good mojo from you.:p

Pawnmower
01-08-2011, 08:22 PM
:p

this counts

i feel some mojo risin'

<<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVtnO6UuZSg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVtnO6UuZSg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bevischief
01-08-2011, 08:34 PM
go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extra Point
01-08-2011, 09:15 PM
This game is the equivalent of one of the shows at the old Memorial Hall; people with shitty tickets are going to rush in to see the main act. If only UFO was the opener.

BigRedChief
01-08-2011, 09:17 PM
This game is the equivalent of one of the shows at the old Memorial Hall; people with shitty tickets are going to rush in to see the main act. If only UFO was the opener.Head East?

Extra Point
01-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Head East?

You're an old guy, aren't you. Listening to Paris "Blue Robin" on youtube. Bob Welch was the shit. And you know it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2011, 09:22 PM
You're an old guy, aren't you. Listening to Paris "Blue Robin" on youtube. Bob Welch was the shit. And you know it.

Bob Welch looked like a Muppet. But, a rockin' Muppet nonetheless.

KcMizzou
01-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Head East?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7jW8_2Us5c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7jW8_2Us5c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Extra Point
01-08-2011, 09:23 PM
They spell it M-O-N-E-Y-e-a-h.

Extra Point
01-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Uriah Heap was good, too, way, way the fuck back in the day.

BigRedChief
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
You're an old guy, aren't you. Listening to Paris "Blue Robin" on youtube. Bob Welch was the shit. And you know it.First concert I ever saw was the New York Dolls and this new band making some noise....Lynard Skynard at what is now a bowling alley in Springfield, Mo.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM

"Stealin'" is a fat track.

Pawnmower
01-08-2011, 09:29 PM
First concert I ever saw was the New York Dolls

wow

Lucky mo fo

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
wow

Lucky mo fo

No shit.

FAX
01-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Dang. This is bad, men.

Real bad.

FAX

FAX
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Uriah Heap was good, too, way, way the **** back in the day.

There I was on a Tuesday mornin' ...

Uriah Heep is still awesome. I love that Hammond B3 stuff.

FAX

Pawnmower
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
No shit.

Mine was winger and the scorpions LOLLLL

But I went to some good ones after that....

Extra Point
01-08-2011, 09:36 PM
First concert I went to was Frampton. Second was Kansas. Both at Memorial Hall. Good times. My brother is helluva good guy; we went to a lot of concerts together.

We lived with each other for a couple years in Springtown, going to SMS. He's the only guy I'd let break my nose. Of course, I had no choice in the matter at the time. But, still.

829 W. Della & 2154 W. Chestnut. I'm so fucking glad that we waited to find a house to rent, when they mandated that student housing had to be full, before you could live off-campus as a freshman. Good times.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Mine was winger and the scorpions LOLLLL

But I went to some good ones after that....
FAIL.LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
My first concert was KISS Love Gun 77/78.

I was 8.

ROR F...

T...

W.

BigRedChief
01-08-2011, 09:48 PM
No shit.I was 13. I was considered really weird. Most of my classmates were listening to Bobby Goldsboro or the Carpenters. I was listening to Led Zepplin and Alice Cooper. You know, Satans music.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2011, 09:48 PM
I was 13. I was considered really weird. Most of my classmates were listening to Bobby Goldsboro or the Carpenters. I was listening to Led Zapplin and Alice Cooper. You know, Satans music.

Good man.

Extra Point
01-08-2011, 09:50 PM
My first concert was KISS Love Gun 77/78.

I was 8.

ROR F...

T...

W.

Hope you enjoyed it. My Mom & Dad dragged us three kids to the KC Jazz Festival at the Muni, for a few years. "Saw" Count Basie, Wes Montgomery, et al. I wish they would have hired a babysitter, as a seven-year-old has no attention span, and they would have enjoyed it more. I'm so glad they had patience, at least, in public. That was history, and I was a lucky kid. Still am.

Tomorrow, we shall suck on the very marrow of our opponents, and that of all who claim that we have no business playing in this game that we will win, tomorrow.

It's not that we'd live for this. Nor that we've lived for this. It's that we live for this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Hope you enjoyed it. My Mom & Dad dragged us three kids to the KC Jazz Festival at the Muni, for a few years. "Saw" Count Basie, Wes Montgomery, et al. I wish they would have hired a babysitter, as a seven-year-old has no attention span, and they would have enjoyed it more. I'm so glad they had patience, at least, in public. That was history, and I was a lucky kid. Still am.

Tomorrow, we shall suck on the very marrow of our opponents, and that of all who claim that we have no business playing in this game that we will win, tomorrow.

It's not that we'd live for this. Nor that we've lived for this. It's that we live for this.

AMEN, BRUTHA'!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

BigRedChief
01-08-2011, 10:59 PM

It's not that we'd live for this. Nor that we've lived for this. It's that we live for this.but, its paying off now!

Slainte
01-08-2011, 11:10 PM

No they weren't. But The Magicians Birthday FTW, anyway...