PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Look out for the energy of Bruce Gradkowski.

Count Zarth
10-19-2010, 07:54 PM
This shit is serious now. The Raiders are a serious threat with this MVP candidate. LMAO

At 2-4, the Oakland Raiders Can Win the AFC West With a Healthy Bruce Gradkowski (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/495637-at-2-4-oakland-raiders-can-clench-afc-west-title-with-a-healthy-gradkowski)

Amazingly it's still a pretty close bout for AFC West domination. Currently, the Kansas City Chiefs are leading at 3-3. However, the Oakland Raiders, the San Diego Chargers and the Denver Broncos are all 2-4.

So what does Oakland need in preparation to battle Denver this Sunday and take a step in the right direction?

The real question is: Is Bruce Gradkowski healthy enough to get back into action?

By now it is known throughout the NFL and in the Raidernation that QB Bruce Gradkowski is the heart of the Silver and Black. Bruce Gradkowski has an energy about him and that energy flows through the team. :eek:

Once Bruce Gradkowski walks on to the field it seems like the players are energized. The WRs , Louis Murphy, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Zach Miller can catch balls. The RBs, McFadden and Bush run harder.This is an awesome team with Bruce "Almighty"!

What is the reason for this positive flow from the former Tampa Bay QB? A QB picked out by former Raiders coach Jon Gruden.

The answer is real simple and it is the reason the Oakland Raiders have a legitimate shot at AFC West domination. Bruce Gradkowski is still a kid at heart.

Bruce loves the game of football. He is not over run by the politics, the media or anything else. Bruce simply loves Oakland Raider football and no matter if the team is up or down, he brings in all the energy from start to finish and this is clearly seen by the fans around the planet.

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis needs to sit with Tom Cable and Hue Jackson and let them know that their jobs are on the line if Bruce gets hit more than normal. The pocket protection must last that extra two seconds so Bruce can get the ball downfield.

I do feel that Tom Cable and Hue are doing a great job in Oakland but you need a field general like the last great QB Rich Gannon.

The Oakland Raiders could easily be ahead of the AFC West now if Sebastian Janikowski makes the field goal a few weeks back or Bruce Gradkowski doesn't have the shoulder injury and plays against the SF 49ers.( Jason Campbell was mediocre)

The defense has played well and although the media claims that it tires in the last quarters, I dont believe a word of it. Bring in Bruce and I am sure that you will see the Silver and Black defense fired up for the entirety of the game.

Against the 49ers Jason Campbell had absolutely no desire and couldn't bring out the spirit of the players. Jason Campbell is simply not suited for the Oakland Raiders and will be second string QB for the remainder of his career.

If the Raiders want to start getting back to back wins and dominate the AFC West, I cant stress this enough, they need the heart of the game, Bruce Gradkowski. Protect Bruce and the Raiders are in the playoffs. So let it be written so let it done. Just win baby!

Hog Farmer
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
I hate being 3-3

Silock
10-19-2010, 08:00 PM
BRUUUUUTH!

KCtotheSB
Goddamnit, we're mediocre.

Pasta Giant Meatball
Knowmo moonlights as a Raider fan?

Chiefs Rool
10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
lol, who the fuck wrote that?

ChiefsandO'sfan
10-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Jaguars sign Todd Bouman with Trent Edwards hurt too
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 19, 2010 9:47 PM ET
The Jaguars may be short two quarterbacks this week.

The team signed Todd Bouman on Tuesday following David Garrard's concussion on Monday Night Football. It turns out backup Trent Edwards was hurt during the game as well.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio revealed Edwards isn't guaranteed to be ready for practice this week.

"I hate to be breaking things right now but there's a chance, you know, [Edward's] got a little bit of a thumb issue that could be problematic," Del Rio said Tuesday during an appearance on SIRIUS radio via Paul Kuharsky's AFC South blog.

"So Todd Bouman will be back and potentially another quarterback in the mix as well. We're just a little banged up right now at that position. David's obviously not going to be working tomorrow and there's a question mark whether Trent will be able to go tomorrow."

It's uncertain when Edwards suffered the injury. He was still throwing passes after Del Rio's now infamous late timeouts.

Guru
10-19-2010, 08:06 PM
first we were 4-0 and now it is 3-3. LMAO

Count Zarth
10-19-2010, 08:08 PM

Are you telling me you haven't experienced the literary talents of Raiderusmax (http://bleacherreport.com/users/92910-raiderusmax)?

His preview on the epic battle (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/491021-can-an-0-5-sf-defeat-the-toughness-of-the-raider-defense) between the 49ers and Raiders is legendary.

The clock is ticking for the San Francisco 49ers (http://bleacherreport.com/san-francisco-49ers). Coach Mike Singletary (http://bleacherreport.com/mike-singletary) and the 49ers players are trying to figure out why they can't win a game. Will they be 0-6 after Sunday's game against the upcoming, hard-hitting, ball-snatching, body-slamming Oakland Raiders (http://bleacherreport.com/oakland-raiders)?

Shocking! Yes, the Chargers lost against a team that created huge turnovers. The best team won.

Oakland went out and played some real ball and won. For the Oakland Raiders and Tom Cable (http://bleacherreport.com/tom-cable-oakland-raiders), it was known that they would win. It was in the heart of Bruce Gradkowski as he took the Raiders downfield. It was the turnovers that created the winning atmosphere.

So now the 0-5 San Francisco 49ers must face the team across the Bay. The silver and black. What weapons are available to San Francisco? Can you smell the fear?

Pablo
10-19-2010, 08:10 PM
*Pats Raiders fan on the head*

That was a good article. Just a really, really nice article you put together there. Roll over so I can change your diaper.

AndChiefs
10-19-2010, 08:22 PM
I wonder if that is actually Bruce Gradkowski.

Count Zarth
10-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Bruce Almighty has completed 52 percent of his passes this year. 4 TD.

I guess that's better than JaMarcus, though.

FAX
10-19-2010, 08:28 PM
... uh ... I don't think that's fear ...

FAX

Count Zarth
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
It's not even mid-season, but the Oakland Raiders appear to be on the verge of using their third starting quarterback this year.

Jason Campbell's knee is sprained, and Bruce Gradkowski hasn't practiced in a week because of a bum shoulder. All indications are that Kyle Boller will be the Raiders' starter Sunday against the Denver Broncos.

Comcast's Kate Longworth reports via Twitter that Jason Campbell's MRI indicated a "sprain, maybe (a) meniscus tear" and that Campbell's status is "day-to-day".

When asked Monday if Boller might get the start, Raiders coach Tom Cable issued a surprisingly enthusiastic response. "Oh, absolutely, absolutely," he's quoted as telling the Oakland Tribune.

And if you believe in reading between lines, Ms. Longworth notes that Boller took the place of Campbell in Monday's locker room media session.

The Raiders have no quarterback behind Boller on their roster. (RB Michael Bush played some QB in high school - he'll probably sub in if Boller goes down).

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e3/fullj.94650cafbe7b785fae6c0723163a4fff/94650cafbe7b785fae6c0723163a4fff-getty-98610648jj024_seattle_seaha.jpg

Tylerthigpen!1!
10-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Are you telling me you haven't experienced the literary talents of Raiderusmax (http://bleacherreport.com/users/92910-raiderusmax)?

His preview on the epic battle (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/491021-can-an-0-5-sf-defeat-the-toughness-of-the-raider-defense) between the 49ers and Raiders is legendary.

You think he spanks it to pictures of a shirtless Jamarcus?

88TG88
10-19-2010, 11:13 PM
JFC, that hurts my brain

Frosty
10-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Gradkowski is as bad as Croyle about being made of glass.

Psyko Tek
10-20-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm just waiting for his Mom to film the video of him screaming "we got beat by the chiefs"

DMAC
10-20-2010, 10:19 AM
What happened to Colt Brennan?

Dave Lane
10-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Bruce Almighty has completed 52 percent of his passes this year. 4 TD.

I guess that's better than JaMarcus, though.

To be fair after watching JR for several years Matt Cassel would look like a turbo charged Montana.

Pestilence
10-20-2010, 11:44 AM
I hate losing to the bye week.

Count Zarth
11-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Raiderusmax is back and drinking the black koolaid!

Rapper Eminem said it best!

The Oakland Raiders have already shown that they can stop the run. With this in mind I predict the Pittsburgh Steelers will lose to Oakland, 35-24.

Theres a new spirit in Oakland and maybe, just maybe, both Gene Upshaw and Jack Tatum are on the sidelines with this young team.

The Raiders are on a roll! Roll baby, roll! The Raiders have a realistic shot at the playoffs but to do so must play well against some decent teams. the first being their nemesis from days past, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Last year it was QB Bruce Gradkowski who was able to defeat the Steelers. This year will be Jason Campbell.

If for some reason Jason Campbell does flop in the first half against Pittsburgh like he did in San Francisco, I believe Tom Cable will bring in Bruce Gradkowski. This is a huge benefit for the Raiders to have two quarterbacks in these situations.

The difference between the two QBs is noticeable. Jason Campbell needs time in the pocket to get his passes down field. Bruce Gradkowski is a "spark plug" and fires very quickly and can literally pick you apart.

The Oakland Raider defense will have its hands full when they take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh. This should be their toughest opponent and if the defense shows up then the Raiders should have no problem taking the AFC West title.

Isn't that what Raiders do anyway? Take what ever they want.

It would fill the hearts of Raiders fans with joy to use the Steelers as a springboard to take the AFC title. Should the Oakland Raiders make it to the Superbowl it will be an amazing feat, not to mention that they can get this win in the Dallas Cowboys (http://bleacherreport.com/dallas-cowboys) newly built stadium. I love it already. Seeing the Silver and Black take it to the opponents on Jerry Jones' big screens.

Heads up Raider Nation because the Oakland Raiders are much improved and the defense and also special teams can get the Raiders into the 2010 Superbowl! The Oakland Raider defense should have no problem getting hurries and sacks against QB Ben Rothlesberg. Expect to see a lot of hurries and interceptions. Ben Rothlesberg may even try to challenge the skills of CB Nnamdi Asomugha. This will not be a wise decision. In fact, I will go further to say that it will be the Raider defense that wins this game.

The Oakland Raiders have done a great job stopping the running game. Provided the offense can manage the time and keep the defense off the field, the Oakland Raiders will defeat the Steelers.

I still wonder what life would be like for the Raiders had we kept Charles Woodson.The press can go ahead and favor the Pittsburgh Steelers and QB "Big Ben " Rothlesberg. However, they forget the history of the Oakland Raiders. When the Raiders are down, they don't stay down. This is a Silver and Black beast that will not be held down anymore.

The Oakland Raiders alongside Al Davis, Tom Cable and Hue Jackson are well aware of what is being said about the team by the so called "sports analyst"Seems there will be a lot of disappointment come Sunday.

There are many who want to oppress what is Silver and Black. Rapper Eminem explains it best as, " they feed me the fuel that I need for the fire. To burn and it's burnin and I have returned."

Oakland Raider will defeat the Steelers in Pittsburgh 34-14. The Oakland Raiders will be 6-4.

bevischief
11-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Four Loko.

Ugly Duck
11-19-2010, 06:41 PM
OK... what if Pitt gets beat on Sunday & OAK stays on top of the division? Will you guys be believers then?

Count Zarth
11-19-2010, 06:43 PM
If Oakland beats Pitt I will give them their due. That would be impressive.

That would probably set up a big game with the Chargers.

I actually think the division is better when the Raiders are competing for it. Feels more epic.

Ugly Duck
11-19-2010, 06:44 PM
If Oakland beats Pitt I will give them their due. That would be impressive.

That would probably set up a big game with the Chargers.

I actually think the division is better when the Raiders are competing for it. Feels more epic.

If you're just going to be reasonable I'm gonna go troll some other thread....

DBOSHO
11-19-2010, 07:13 PM
The raiders will be in the superbowl this year?

Count Zarth
11-19-2010, 07:15 PM
The raiders will be in the superbowl this year?

Can you smell the fear?

salame
11-19-2010, 07:42 PM

he is close to death from a head on car accident
anybody else read that today?

3rd&48ers
11-19-2010, 07:47 PM
If you're just going to be reasonable I'm gonna go troll some other thread....

No shit, I am outta this thread

Ugly Duck
11-19-2010, 08:11 PM

Rumor: He was in a car accident today (Nov 19) & was just medivac'd to Queen's Hospital on Oahu with internal bleeding

Rotoworld: KHON News in Hawaii reports that free agent QB Colt Brennan is in "serious condition" after being injured in a car crash Friday morning.
The vehicle in which Brennan was riding reportedly crossed into the centerline and hit another car "head on." Two others involved in the crash were airlifted to a hospital.

Count Zarth
11-27-2010, 09:07 PM
The ENERGY returns tomorrow!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c74154/article/raiders-qb-gradkowski-to-start-campbell-to-sit-vs-dolphins?module=HP_headlines

Raiders QB Gradkowski to start, Campbell to sit vs. Dolphins

The Oakland Raiders, in a continuing quest for consistency at quarterback, plan to start Bruce Gradkowski over Jason Campbell against the Miami Dolphins, sources with knowledge of the situation said Saturday.

Gradkowski's acromioclavicular joint has healed well, and the fifth-year pro received the bulk of the work in practice this week leading up to Sunday's game, according to the sources.

Campbell, named the team's starter shortly after being acquired from the Washington Redskins in a draft-weekend trade, was pulled in favor of Gradkowski during the third quarter of last Sunday's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Campbell has struggled most of the season, with a 75.8 passer rating that ranks 29th in the NFL. He also was benched in Week 2, when Gradkowski took over after halftime and led the Raiders to a 16-14 victory over the St. Louis Rams.

Although Campbell was the starter during Oakland's three-game winning streak that ended with the loss to Pittsburgh, many believe the Raiders are better off with Gradkowski running the offense.

The Raiders (5-5) are one game behind the first-place Kansas City Chiefs (6-4) in the AFC West. With three of its final five games coming against the Chiefs, Denver Broncos and San Diego Chargers, Oakland still can win the division and end its seven-year playoff drought.

Count Zarth
11-27-2010, 09:14 PM
By the way, Raiderusmax is excited.

Had Bruce Gradkowski been brought in from the start, the Raiders could easily have won this game, as it was basically defense. There is no speculation here as Bruce Gradkowski is basically a "pigskin slinger ", Bruce has the fast release so Pittburgh can blitz all day. More than likely Bruce Gradkowski would have got the ball to McFadden, Bush or Marcel Reece.

WebGem
11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
That line wasn't out all week because of the QB situation, I kept checking out of curiosity. It's finally out and Oakland is a 1.5 point favorite.

I guess I personally don't really care who wins other than just rooting against Oakland, there's no way Oakland has a shot at winning the division with their schedule. If we're in a dogfight with them towards the end, it's not gonna be for 1st place in the west or a WC spot, so whatever. Go Dolphins.

3rd&48ers
11-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Grads is fragile but he is the better QB for the Raiders, he will move in the pocket

Drwbllz
11-28-2010, 07:53 AM
This is a winnable game regardless of who starts. I think we're far better than we were last season, but we're still miles away from being a truly competitive team. I hope I'm wrong, but 8 wins would be a godsend.

Shogun
11-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Thigpen by 4 touchdowns

Drwbllz
11-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Thigpen by 4 touchdowns

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

At least I'll be locked safely in my cell when the prison riot kicks off...

Shogun
11-28-2010, 08:04 AM
You can only hope the Prison guards arent Chiefs fans

Drwbllz
11-28-2010, 08:07 AM
You can only hope the Prison guards arent Chiefs fans

I think I'm good. I've never seen one in the Northeast. It's too Blue for them.
:thumb:

Over-Head
11-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Bruce is gonna take care of buisness.
Bet on it! :harumph:

3rd&48ers
11-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Bruce is gonna take care of buisness.
Bet on it! :harumph:

^ This

Bowser
11-28-2010, 10:34 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/boh92DrYEWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/boh92DrYEWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
12-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Raiderusmax is feeling his oats this week.

The San Diego Chargers were pretty much fed to a fearsome Raider defense!

Darren Sproles should have left the game at this point, because the Raiders played on all 12 cylinders in a one-sided game and he was fated to be a victim of the Oakland defense!

This was a must win game for the Silver and Black and it seemed everyone (except me) considered this game to be another loss. Yet, the Raiders believed and so do I.

The Oakland Raiders can win at least three more. The San Diego Chargers could simply not stop the powerful Oakland Raiders. This team is fast and ferocious!

Oakland Raider coach Tom Cable (http://bleacherreport.com/tom-cable-oakland-raiders) was able to get a piece of the action as the ball was thrown his way and the SD WR ran into him. Luckily, Tom Cable is a big man so no damage there.

The bonus was that San Diego coach Norv Turner (http://bleacherreport.com/norv-turner) was defeated by the Oakland Raiders. Norv Turner was a huge disappointment for the Oakland Raiders so Al Davis (http://bleacherreport.com/al-davis) removed him from post. Way to go Raiders!!! Now the craving for some Jaguar meat begins.

LOOK OUT JAGUARS!

Can The Jacksonville Jaguars Defeat The Power and Speed Of The Raiders?

Bruce Lee , former resident of Oakland and possible Raider fan, had to enter the Tower of Death to reach his goal. Jason and the Argonauts had to battle through a cyclops, the Hydra, and beautiful sirens just to get the Golden Fleece. The Oakland Raiders are on a very similar mission. They must defeat the AFC West monster and either a Jag or a Colt to reach the top!

If you were able to see the San Diego loss you may have noticed that coach Tom Cable managed the time beautifully with time consumption and utilization of three solid pounders! and jumpers!

This will be a close game but in the end the Oakland Raiders will come out on top. They have no choice but to win.Let s not forget the receiving corp of the Oakland Raiders. Jacoby Ford is the real deal! Louis Murphy is a deep threat. When the Oakland Raiders are in synchronicity this team can hurt you....badly. Watch out Jaguars, the Oakland Raiders are in the hunt and big cats are just sport baby.