PDA

View Full Version : Football Moss claimed by Titans

Cave Johnson
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Titans acquired WR Randy Moss off waivers from the Vikings.
The Rams, Redskins, Raiders, and Dolphins all passed. Ranked 30th in the league in pass attempts per game, Tennessee isn't a great landing spot for Moss' fantasy value. It's going to make Chris Johnson even more dangerous, however, as defenses won't be able to stack the box with 8-9 defenders consistently due to the routine double teams Moss will command. The acquisition reconfirms a bleak outlook for Kenny Britt's (hamstring) recovery; Britt has already been ruled out for Week 10. Moss doesn't figure to help Nate Washington much, and Justin Gage will move into a clear-cut reserve role. The Titans are on a bye, so Moss has two weeks to pick up Mike Heimerdinger's offense before a Week 10 game at Miami. Though Moss won't be a good bet for more than 3-5 catches a game down the stretch, he'll remain a strong candidate for weekly touchdowns. He's scored five times in seven games this season. Nov. 3 - 4:17 pm e

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=188921

Mr. Arrowhead
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
well im glad thats over

Baconeater
11-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Thank god we had all those knock-down drag-out arguments about him, that was highly productive.

Tuckdaddy
11-03-2010, 02:45 PM
What the hell are you doing! How dare start another Moss thread! Boy are you going to get it from the post Nazi assholes around here.

DaWolf
11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
We'll see him in a few weeks...

Baconeater
What the hell are you doing! How dare start another Moss thread! Boy are you going to get it from the post Nazi assholes around here.
http://www.talknerdytomelover.com/storage/girl_crying.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1274214525918

Tuckdaddy
Where is that fuck "capone" to complain about a Moss thread?

Rain Man
In twenty minutes, Moss will be holding a press conference to deride Jeff Fisher and Vince Young.

Tuckdaddy
11-03-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.talknerdytomelover.com/storage/girl_crying.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1274214525918

Who is that? Your GF after she saw your penis size?

Rausch
In twenty minutes, Moss will be holding a press conference to deride Jeff Fisher and Vince Young.

By sunday the nation will know who Moss thinks should be the starting QB there...

raybec 4
I hope Chuck Cecil beats the shit out of Moss in the locker room.

Hog Farmer
REPOST !

Baconeater
11-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Where is that fuck "capone" to complain about a Moss thread?
Jesus, do you really not understand the difference between "news" and ''your retarded opinions"?

kstater
11-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Who is that? Your GF after she saw your penis size?

He's implying you're crying like a bitch. He seems to be correct.

arrowheadnation
11-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Nobody has noted that the Titans were right before the Chiefs in the waiver line. Guess we'll never know if Pioli would have done it.

chasedude
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
The LAST Moss thread? woohoo! PBJ

BossChief
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
They just said in NFLN that the Titans were the only team to put in a claim

Cave Johnson
11-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Boooooooooooooo!

BIG_DADDY
11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Cool, maybe that will keep them opponents from loading 8 in the box. Chris Johnson is my FFL RB.

Rain Man
11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
By sunday the nation will know who Moss thinks should be the starting QB there...

It's a good thing that Vince Young has the mental toughness to handle a difficult situation.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Nobody has noted that the Titans were right before the Chiefs in the waiver line. Guess we'll never know if Pioli would have done it.

Haley said in his press conference that they did not make a claim for him

pr_capone
11-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Where is that **** "capone" to complain about a Moss thread?

Here I am!

BTW, GREAT thread Pittsie! Thanks for giving new information with this Moss post and not just pontificating your own personal views on whether or not we should have put in a claim for Moss.

pr_capone
11-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Jesus, do you really not understand the difference between "news" and ''your retarded opinions"?

ROFL

Hog Farmer
11-03-2010, 03:04 PM

Chiefs | Not interested in Randy Moss
Comment (0)

Wed, 03 Nov 2010 11:43:22 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley said the team is not interested in placing a claim on free-agent WR Randy Moss (Vikings), according to KCChiefs.com's Josh Looney.

Bill Lundberg
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
It's been reported that the Titans were the only team to put in a claim for him.

mortreport (http://twitter.com/#%21/mortreport) Chris Mortensen

Moss should've gotten message 31 teams didn't put in claim - needs productive, controversy-free 2nd half if he wants straight-cash as UFA

The Bad Guy
11-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Moss is going to have to have a monster 2nd half to even get a multi-year deal from anyone. He truly fucked himself (and millions of fantasy football players) in a contract year.

CrazyPhuD
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
LOL I'm 110% confident that you could cover randy moss with a DT now...dudes going to be jogging his routes.....

Bwana
11-03-2010, 03:17 PM

But, but, this can't be! Randy is just misunderstood!

Jim Jones
11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
There was a time when Randy Moss would have turned Vince Young into a Pro Bowl QB. That time has come and gone, but Moss will still help turn Kenny Britt into one of the best fantasy WR's in the NFL for the second half of the season. Woo hoo for me!

MOhillbilly
11-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Fisher is gonna fuck him up.

Pestilence
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
LOL I'm 110% confident that you could cover randy moss with a DT now...dudes going to be jogging his routes.....

Doubt it. He's going to want to get paid in the offseason. He's not going to be quitting on shit for the rest of the year.

sportsman1
11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Damn Titans. This is depressing news. That douche-nozzle belongs no where near the Titans. Hopefully Randy Moss catches aids from a hooker near lower Broadway.

dirk digler
11-03-2010, 03:36 PM
It's been reported that the Titans were the only team to put in a claim for him.

Interesting. I guess all the teams have learned about all his me drama.

Rooster
11-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I hope the Titans have a better buffet spread then the Vikings or this could get ugly.

Tuckdaddy
11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Here I am!

BTW, GREAT thread Pittsie! Thanks for giving new information with this Moss post and not just pontificating your own personal views on whether or not we should have put in a claim for Moss.

Oh, now I see, personnal views are the problem. Not too many redundent threads like you said earler to me. I thought this was America? It's your way or it's wrong? Maybe you are just a selfish ass with a closed mind?

That sounds about right.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
:facepalm:

TEX
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Bummer. I wanted him in CHIEFS RED.

pr_capone
11-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh, now I see, personnal views are the problem. Not too many redundent threads like you said earler to me. I thought this was America? It's your way or it's wrong? Maybe you are just a selfish ass with a closed mind?

That sounds about right.

How would I have a closed mind if I agreed with you on Moss?

Yes, your personal (not personnal) views were half of the problem. Had you voiced them in a current Moss thread I would not have said dick. In fact, I prolly would have agreed and repped you for your thoughtful insights because they aligned with mine.

The other half of the problem is that you deemed your viewpoint on the matter to be of enough importance that it demanded another thread be made.

Had your post been like the OP where he stated new and pertinent information on the subject, then sure... by all means create a new thread. Instead, you created a new thread speaking to your viewpoint on the matter. There have already been threads created that fulfill that purpose.

I really am sorry that you are having such difficulty with this.

Perhaps http://warpaintillustrated.com/ would be more your speed.

Brock
11-03-2010, 04:27 PM

That sounds about right.

Jesus Christ. You're the poster child for posting whatever random thought pops into your head in a brand new thread. I don't care one way or the other, but you could benefit from thinking before you hit submit.

LaChapelle
11-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Looks like he will go out of the league Tits up
in about a month probably

Frazod
11-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Cool. He'll destroy the Titans by the time they get to Kansas City, so I guess we can just go ahead and put that game in the win column. Right?

LaChapelle
11-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Good thing Vince Young is mentally tough
and Kerry Collins doesn't drink

Pioli Zombie
11-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Tonight Moss and Steve Bono will be cruising the restaurants in Memphis yelling THIS FOOD SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Pioli Zombie
11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
How soon before Moss starts demanding Steve McNair be reinstated as the Titans QB?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh well, back to the Bubbles!

Brock
11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Shouldn't take him and Collins too long to reestablish their magic connection.

Pioli Zombie
11-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Before this season is up Moss wants to play for a team in every division.

Mile High Mania
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
It can't really hurt the Titans... I think it's worth the risk and the money.

JD10367
11-03-2010, 06:02 PM

Where is that **** "capone" to complain about a Moss thread?

That sounds about right.

http://208.116.9.205/10/content/13339/1.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/my_panties_are_not_in_a_wad_tshirt-p235755146356393010trx5_210.jpg

As for the subject of the thread... Decent signing for Tennessee. They have a need at WR, and still have to play four games against Indy and Houston. Just his ability to stretch the field and keep the D honest might be enough to put the Titans over the top in that tough division.

(And the joke threads turned out to be right. Moss IS going to KC... He'll just be wearing a Flaming Thumbtack when he does.)

Count Zarth
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Jesus H. Christ, I don't know if people realize it, but team is stacked on offense now.

Randy Moss
Kenny Britt
Nate Washington
Justin Gage
Bo Scaife
Chris Johnson

Hell, they were already averaging 28 PPG.

They are going to give us hell at Arrowhead.

DrRyan
11-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I will believe it when I see it. From what I have seen all of this season, Moss will only run a fly route. He will only go full speed some of the time on said fly route. He is a terrible route runner if you ask him to do anything else and basically refuses to go across the middle and run short/intermediate routes. He can still stretch the field but is no longer always the fastest player on the field as he once was. His ability to go up and get the jump ball is not what it once was either. I think it is a decent signing for the Titans but Randy is a one trick pony at this stage in his career. I am glad to see he did not get his way and end up back in NE though.

Time will tell, but I don't see this signing putting the Titans "over the top."

The Bad Guy
11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I think Moss will have big value when Vince Young comes back because Young can break the pocket.

It is telling that he's only running 9 routes though. He's not running slants, crossing routes, posts, nothing but 9's.

Marcellus
11-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Randy goes to the team that is 30th in the league in pass attempts and he doesn't block on running plays.

Should be interesting.

tk13
11-03-2010, 06:49 PM
What's interesting is they still have to play Houston and Indy twice each. Will this mix up the AFC South. Although, there's not a team left on their schedule that has a losing record right now.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2010, 06:57 PM
One thing's for sure, Jeff Fisher isn't going to put up with any shit.

As a matter of fact, if Moss even loafs in practice, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fisher send a few linebackers and cornerbacks in his direction to "send a message".

Count Zarth
11-03-2010, 06:59 PM
I think Moss will have big value when Vince Young comes back because Young can break the pocket.

Jesus, how do you defend that offense now?

If you put 9 in the box, hell, even 8, Moss and Britt destroy you.

If you play your safeties deep, Chris Johnson runs wild.

If you do everything perfect, Young runs around and chucks it deep to Moss or dumps it to Bo Scaife.

Every 10-year old kid is going to pick the Titans on Madden now.

DrRyan
11-03-2010, 07:51 PM

If you do everything perfect, Young runs around and chucks it deep to Moss or dumps it to Bo Scaife.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that most good defensive teams will jam Moss at the LOS(just like NE did last week and the Jets have done) and take him out of the play right there. I think you are giving WAY to much credit to a declining Moss.

If I had to estimate off the top of my head I would guess the numbers Moss puts up in the remaining 8 games in TN will be close to what he has done all season. 400-450 yards and 4-5 TDs in the final 8 games.

Count Zarth
11-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Didn't even realize Britt is out now....is he on IR?

Talisman
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
If Moss is still with the Titans later in the season, it could increase the chance the Chiefs/Titans game gets moved to SNF.

Marcellus
11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Didn't even realize Britt is out now....is he on IR?

Not yet I don't think.Serious hamstring issue. Probably the only reason they signed Moss.

They pass less than KC. This is an implosion waiting to happen.

Chiefs Rool
11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
too bad, I wanted to see him go back to the Pats. It would have been very envious of trading Randy Moss for a 3rd round pick and Randy Moss, lol

chiefzilla1501
11-03-2010, 09:04 PM

We'll see. I said earlier in the year that the Bengals were stupid to go after TO because they moved from a run-heavy, control the clock offense into a pass-heavy offense that puts their defense on the field way too much.

I don't think that'll be the case in Tennessee as long as they realize their identity is to run first, pass second. That's assuming Moss doesn't' bitch about not being the feature guy for one. And if the Titans do open up the offense, I don't know how comfortable I would feel about Vince Young being the guy driving that offense instead of Chris Johnson.

I don't know. I think there were better fits, but I don't think this is a bad one.

Phobia
11-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Maybe he and Vince can go trade some autographs for some pizza.

JD10367
11-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that most good defensive teams will jam Moss at the LOS(just like NE did last week and the Jets have done) and take him out of the play right there. I think you are giving WAY to much credit to a declining Moss.

If I had to estimate off the top of my head I would guess the numbers Moss puts up in the remaining 8 games in TN will be close to what he has done all season. 400-450 yards and 4-5 TDs in the final 8 games.

These two points are not necessarily connected. What Moss brings to a team can't be measured by mere stats. Team can't just stick 8 in the box to stop Tennessee's run game now, and Moss going downfield will open up the middle for crossing routes.

Championship
11-04-2010, 12:01 PM
You guys actually wanted Moss on your team? LMAO.

Chief fans....always trying to take the Raider's sloppy seconds. First it was with Marcus Allen, now you wanted Moss. Unfuckingbelievable.

Moss is too good of a player for the Chiefs to handle anyway. You haven't had a premiere player play for your team since Priest Holmes. Chief fans don't want to hear this, but....nobody wants to play for your team.

Kids don't dream about one day growing up playing for the Chiefs. You guys are one of the most irrelevant franchises in the NFL along with the Bills, and the Panthers. Nobody cares what goes on in that part of the country. At least when the Raiders suck, people still talk about us, because of what we once were. When the Chiefs suck? Who cares. Sorry to say, but it's the truth.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2010, 12:03 PM

Chief fans....always trying to take the Raider's sloppy seconds. First it was with Marcus Allen, now you wanted Moss. Unfuckingbelievable.

Moss is too good of a player for the Chiefs to handle anyway. You haven't had a premiere player play for your team since Priest Holmes. Chief fans don't want to hear this, but....nobody wants to play for your team.

Kids don't dream about one day growing up playing for the Chiefs. You guys are one of the most irrelevant franchises in the NFL along with the Bills, and the Panthers. Nobody cares what goes on in that part of the country. At least when the Raiders suck, people still talk about us, because of what we once were. When the Chiefs suck? Who cares. Sorry to say, but it's the truth.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Oakland:

Where careers and dreams go to die.

Rausch
11-04-2010, 12:04 PM

Chief fans....always trying to take the Raider's sloppy seconds.

Really?

Other than Marcus (HOF) Allen and that fat fuck McGlockton who did we take from your team?...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Really?

Other than Marcus (HOF) Allen and that fat fuck McGlockton who did we take from your team?...

I really enjoyed watching Allen fistfuck Al Davis every season as a Chief.

Glorious.

Championship
11-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Really?

Other than Marcus (HOF) Allen and that fat **** McGlockton who did we take from your team?...

Plenty of players that I dont want to waste my time listing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Did we mention McGlockton BEGGED to be a Chief after getting his shit pushed in by KC?

Quite so.

Brock
11-04-2010, 12:14 PM

In other words, more bullshit you can't back up with fact.

Chiefs Rool
11-04-2010, 12:34 PM

Chief fans....always trying to take the Raider's sloppy seconds. First it was with Marcus Allen, now you wanted Moss. Un****ingbelievable.

the raiders took a lot more Chiefs players than we took raider players. Marcus Allen, who was fucking great for us and Chester McGlockton, who sucked, are the only 2 players I can think of. Your and idiot. And long live Al Davis!

Count Zarth
11-29-2010, 06:21 PM
4 catches, 49 yards in 3 games.

Just saw him quit on a jump ball in the end zone against Houston.

This guy is a piece of shit and he's only going to be slower next year. I can't believe some of you wanted him.

His career looks to be finished.

Bane
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM

This guy is a piece of shit and he's only going to be slower next year. I can't believe some of you wanted him.

Bowe needs someone like Moss to motivate him and make him step up.Otherwise he's just another back up WR /CP Retarded motherfuckers.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2010, 06:29 PM

You wanted him to.

He's done. I don't even think he entertains offers next year. He's so far removed from football it's sickening.

For the amount of shit TO gets, TO played until he was in his last 30s. Moss has basically given up in his early 30s.

dirk digler
11-29-2010, 06:30 PM

I just saw that play...wow

What a lazy POS

Count Zarth
11-29-2010, 06:30 PM
You wanted him to.

Nope.

Mecca sure did, though. Some of the crap he said was ridiculous.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I just cut his ass in my fantasy league, bare of WR's on the FA market, ill take my chances

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I'd have put a claim in on him. Worst case scenario is you cut him and move along.

That said - !@#$ me naked, what a damn dog. I just saw the replay of that throw into the endzone; fucker wasn't even looking at the ball.

Who is going to give this guy a deal next season? I don't know if he's done or not, but that guy sure isn't interested in playing football right now. He's just pouting and stealing money.

Absolutely pathetic. Just unbelievable.

Thig Lyfe
11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
The Moss situation is just weird. I'm not convinced he's actually lost anything talentwise; it seems to be entirely mental. I don't know what it would take to remove his head from his ass. Maybe he should hack into Sarah Palin's email account and get a couple years in prison to give him some redemption cred.