PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: Bernard Pollard, Jarrad Page.

Direckshun
11-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Is it just me or was this regime totally fucking right for dumping Pollard & Page?

Pollard should seriously just be converted to a weakside linebacker. He is a little small but he has no place at safety. It's no surprise that after dumping him, our secondary has moved out of the cellar. And it's no surprise that after the Texans picked him up, their secondary moved into the cellar. He simply gets outsmarted by all but the most disasterous of quarterbacks.

Page is harder to figure out. He did have a game-icing interception, but the flashes of potential he showed in his rookie year simply have not been borne out in any of the following years. What happened here?

Phobia
11-04-2010, 12:57 AM
This team is headed in a new direckshun.

Direckshun
11-04-2010, 12:58 AM
This team is headed in a new direckshun.

i c wut u did ther

Count Alex's Losses
11-04-2010, 01:00 AM
I always thought Page was a good player who wasn't good enough to make up for being surrounded by a completely awful supporting cast.

I say "good" because the guy was slow and had tackling issues.

But he could make a play on the ball, hit like a mack truck and grab an INT now and then. On a good defense I believe he would have been an important cog in the machine.

Oh, his injury issues didn't help. He was always nicked up.

Pollard, on the other hand, can fuck right off.

58kcfan89
11-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Although I feel like we dumped them at a terrible time, leaving us with Mike Brown & John McGraw as our starting safeties last year, it was the right thing to do. I'd much rather have Berry & Lewis than Pollard & Page. If he wasn't making a highlight reel hit, Pollard wasn't doing anything and Page wasn't much help in run support if I remember right.

And to be fair to the Texans & Pollard, he played better there last year than he ever did when he was here. And their pass defense took a hit this offseason when Dunta Robinson left for Atlanta, it's not all on Pollard.

But yes, dumping them was definitely the right idea IMO.

Superturtle
11-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Pollard got his shit pushed in by Peyton Manning on national TV. Twas hilarious to watch.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2010, 01:08 AM
It wasnt long ago when a few people around here criticized Pioli for cutting Pollard. They know who they are... :)

Direckshun
11-04-2010, 01:09 AM

Everybody was always nicked up under Herm Edwards.

Superturtle
11-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Everybody was always nicked up under Herm Edwards.
Accountable to his piss poor conditioning and rainbows and sunshine attitude no doubt

Direckshun
11-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Accountable to his piss poor conditioning and rainbows and sunshine attitude no doubt

That's the way I feel.

We've had virtually zero injuries this year with a supremely conditioned team.

I remember one of JC's first big breaks down the field when he was a second year player under Herm... and he got caught from behind because he got tired.

I mean FUCK.

Superturtle
11-04-2010, 01:17 AM
That's the way I feel.

We've had virtually zero injuries this year with a supremely conditioned team.

I remember one of JC's first big breaks down the field when he was a second year player under Herm... and he got caught from behind because he got tired.

I mean FUCK.
Haha I remember that, like down at the 3 yard line. Newscasters tried to play it off like it was the cold weather, but we all know thats Bullshit.

Direckshun
11-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Haha I remember that, like down at the 3 yard line. Newscasters tried to play it off like it was the cold weather, but we all know thats Bullshit.

THE GUY WAS A COLLEGIATE SPRINTER.

I mean, good god Herm. What a truly colossal failure of a coach.

Count Alex's Losses
11-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say FUCK HERM.

Superturtle
11-04-2010, 01:28 AM
We all know how piss poor Herm is as a Head Coach, but what about as a D Coordinator? Has he done that before?

Shogun
11-04-2010, 01:31 AM
1 term edwards

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2010, 01:36 AM
The Chiefs under Herm?

http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2010/09/herminated-480x277.jpg

HotRoute
11-04-2010, 01:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV71F---cvE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Shogun
11-04-2010, 01:43 AM

Impressive

Superturtle
11-04-2010, 01:48 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/15/1rzr76.jpg.gif

pikesome
11-04-2010, 01:59 AM
I always thought Page was a good player who wasn't good enough to make up for being surrounded by a completely awful supporting cast.

I say "good" because the guy was slow and had tackling issues.

But he could make a play on the ball, hit like a mack truck and grab an INT now and then. On a good defense I believe he would have been an important cog in the machine.

Pollard, on the other hand, can **** right off.

I really like this post.

Which means it's the same thing I was thinking.

Direckshun
11-04-2010, 02:16 AM
This.

FYP

Dave Lane
11-04-2010, 03:57 AM
We all know how piss poor Herm is as a Head Coach, but what about as a D Coordinator? Has he done that before?

No he was so awesome he skipped over that whole coodinator bit.

Chief3188
11-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Herm's main problem was that he ran a summer camp built for easily winded handicap children instead of training camp

ChiefsNow
11-04-2010, 06:16 AM
It wasnt long ago when a few people around here criticized Pioli for cutting Pollard. They know who they are... :)

I still like pollard

Ralphy Boy
11-04-2010, 09:09 AM
nlm

SenselessChiefsFan
11-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I still think Pollard and Page are starting level players in the NFL. I wish that the Chiefs still had Pollard as a special teams player if nothing else. All that said, he had an attitude and an issue with the coaching staff. The Chiefs sent a message.

I believe, and I could be wrong, that IF Romeo were here last year, Pollard would still be here. Pollard questioned Clancy. I think that Romeo is a better DC. I think Pollard would have respected Romeo more and would have bought into what Romeo was scheming.

I said at the time that I don't blame them for doing it, but I think Pollard can be a good NFL strong safety.

I still hold that opinion. He was a definite leader last year on the Texans team.

For crying out loud, we have seen what Romeo has gotten from John McGraw...... do we not believe that more could have been achieved with Pollard?

Pollard would be a much better player here than he is there because Romeo has a ton of flexibility in his defense. Pollard could play more in the box, and could be a real force.

But, again, they did what they had to do in order to establish the team's foundation.

Coogs
11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Herm's contributions to the Cheifs...

Bowe
Dorsey
Albert
Flowers
Charles
Carr
Richardson

and no more Peterson.

Dude should be elected Pope instead of being bashed on all of the time.

Groves
11-04-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm thankful they stayed around long enough to help create the GIF'D UP thread.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Herm's contributions to the Cheifs...

Bowe
Dorsey
Albert
Flowers
Charles
Carr
Richardson

and no more Peterson.

Dude should be elected Pope instead of being bshed on all of the time.

Heh.