PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jay Glazer says he would have beat up Cassel In High School! hahaha

NIUhuskies
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Matt Cassel Learns Not To Drop Cliches Around Jay Glazer

Headshot_tiny by Joel Thorman on Nov 4, 2010 7:37 AM CDT in 2010 Kansas City Chiefs Season
Tweet

* 13 comments
* Story-email Email
* Printer Print

If you've been reading Arrowhead Pride long enough, or you've ever Googled Matt Cassel, then you've seen it. It's one of those embarrassing high school photos that everyone has.

But not everyone appears on The After Party with Jay Glazer on FOXSports.com as Cassel did last week after the Jaguars victory. Let's pick it up in the middle of the interview....

Cassel: "It's just taking it one game at at time. We know there's a lot of football left and we're only six games into the season. We're concentrating on one game at a time. and trying to move forward and bulid this lead in the West."

Glazer: "Hang on. Did you really just drop the 'one game at a time' cliche on me? Did you really? There's gotta be punishment for that. As a result of that, I'm going to show everyone your high school photo."

Star-divide

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/582770/539w_medium.jpg

Glazer: "Straight from Saved By The Bell. Are you kidding me? Are you trying out for Twilight?"

Cassel: "That was sweet dude (laughing). I mean I cut it up. That's called a stack back in the day. High up top and short on the side. I can't believe you showed that photo."

Glazer: "If we went to high school together, I definitely would have beat the hell out of you."

I wish I had something to add but I think Jay Glazer took care of it all.

(H/T reader LHO for the heads up on the video)

Tweet Comment 13 comments | Add comment | 0 recs |
Do you like this story?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/4/1793288/matt-cassel-learns-not-to-drop-cliches-around-jay-glazer#storyjump

Sofa King
11-04-2010, 10:08 AM
cut, print, gay.

DJ's left nut
11-04-2010, 10:09 AM
And this is why Cassel sucks.

If he responds "Maybe, but I'd have still fucked your girlfriend..." then he'd have earned my respect...

MOhillbilly
11-04-2010, 10:11 AM
he looks soft as a feather. Must of had a mean o-line.

King_Chief_Fan
11-04-2010, 10:33 AM

If he responds "Maybe, but I'd have still ****ed your girlfriend..." then he'd have earned my respect...

or..."you would have tried but failed to be the hell out of me....want to step out into the street?"

PunkinDrublic
11-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Glazer has the biggest ego of any sports writer this side of Whitlock. At least Whitlock can put together an interesting article. What is Glazers talent?

Sofa King
11-04-2010, 10:40 AM
he looks soft as a feather. Must of had a mean o-line.

Probably wasn't the starting QB.

Swanman
11-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Castle could have mentioned that he played sports in high school while Glazer talked about sports.

I would love to see Glazer's punchable face in high school.

Pants
11-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Castle could have mentioned that he played sports in high school while Glazer talked about sports.

I would love to see Glazer's punchable face in high school.

Doesn't Glazer train in MMA? Thought I heard that somewhere. Still what a stupid fucking thing to say.

TrickyNicky
11-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Glazer trains with Randy Couture, I'm pretty sure. I think they were in business together on the whole Xtreme Couture split from Team Quest.

bluehawkdoc
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Would love to see Cassel go full on 'Jim Everett' on Glazer.

PunkinDrublic
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Would love to see Cassel go full on 'Jim Everett' on Glazer.

Glazer is so irrelevent. His next interesting column will be his first. Doesn't suprise me that he resorts to this kind of lame hyperbole.

Swanman
11-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Doesn't Glazer train in MMA? Thought I heard that somewhere. Still what a stupid ****ing thing to say.

Maybe he does, I don't really care. It was a retarded comment that Glazer made in the interview, along the lines of "my dad can beat up your dad".

Of course Cassel had an awful hairdo in high school, pretty much everyone did. Granted, he looked much more gay than normal, but it was still weak sauce to go there. Not to mention Glazer came across like a watered down Jim Rome in that small snippet I read.

Pants
11-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Maybe he does, I don't really care. It was a retarded comment that Glazer made in the interview, along the lines of "my dad can beat up your dad".

Of course Cassel had an awful hairdo in high school, pretty much everyone did. Granted, he looked much more gay than normal, but it was still weak sauce to go there. Not to mention Glazer came across like a watered down Jim Rome in that small snippet I read.

100% agree with everything you said, sir.

TrickyNicky
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Are people really getting upset over this? It was a joke. Oh wait...the innernets...

patteeu
11-04-2010, 10:58 AM

If he responds "Maybe, but I'd have still ****ed your girlfriend..." then he'd have earned my respect...

LOL. Or even if he'd said something like "Yeah, I know what you mean. Looking at that picture, if I were in high school with me I would have kicked my own ass."

alpha_omega
11-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Cassel: "Hey Glazer, F**k you...I got 16 Million dollars, what do you have?"

Swanman
11-04-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL. Or even if he'd said something like "Yeah, I know what you mean. Looking at that picture, if I were in high school with me I would have kicked my own ass."

Yeah, it's not breaking news that most people cringe when looking at their own high school photos.

Pants
11-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Cassel: "Hey Glazer, F**k you...I got 68 Million dollars, what do you have?"

FYP

L.A. Chieffan
11-04-2010, 11:05 AM
cassel deserved it for sayig cliches. he shouldve said "yeah we're the shit an we're gona shove the raiders shit in in front of their shit loving fans, jay"

Fish
11-04-2010, 11:07 AM
I've never heard Cassel communicate in anything but cliches....

Saul Good
11-04-2010, 11:30 AM
All-state QBs don't. Get picked on in HS. Nice try Jay.

patteeu
11-04-2010, 12:02 PM
All-state QBs don't. Get picked on in HS. Nice try Jay.

Do you have an iphone?

Rausch
11-04-2010, 12:10 PM
I had the same cut back when.

Odds are me and Casshole both could frumple Glazer into a jellowy pile of "please, stop, enough" after 1 shot to the grill.

Methinks he suffers from the "Brad Syndrome."

That blonde haired and blue eyed jock that kicked his ass, had the parent's money, and after high school Glazer just didn't grow up and out of it like everyone else did.

There's a swirlie moment here someone isn't able to get beyond...

jspchief
11-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Yea, I bet Cassel looks back on those days of f*cking prom queens and hoisting state trophies and wishes he'd have looked tougher in the eyes of Jay Glazer.