PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Cassel - The NFLís Most Dangerous Quarterback

Pages : 1 [2]

BossChief
11-05-2010, 07:18 PM
There are a lot of posts in this thread that prove that some people want to believe that everything is AOK NO MATTER WHAT.

Some here have no idea how good this team could really be if we had a good quarterback.

Delusional, indeed.

milkman
11-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Over and over and over and over and over and over. Thats whining.

And over

There are 16 games in a season, so I'm going to make observations about Cassel in each of those games.

And, as it turns out, when he plays well, as he did in the 9er game, I'm going to make positive observations.

That is how it is.

That's not whining, that's making honest observations, over and over and over again.

Bitching about that is crying.

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2010, 07:30 PM
There are a lot of posts in this thread that prove that some people want to believe that everything is AOK NO MATTER WHAT.

Some here have no idea how good this team could really be if we had a good quarterback.

Delusional, indeed.

Well, Boss, we also saw in the thread you created about "positives" that this works both for the critics and the homers alike.

But yeah, right now, the critics are a lot more right than the homers. Really hard to defend his play against the Bills, apart from a very good OT drive.

CrazyHorse
11-05-2010, 08:39 PM
There are 16 games in a season, so I'm going to make observations about Cassel in each of those games.

And, as it turns out, when he plays well, as he did in the 9er game, I'm going to make positive observations.

That is how it is.

That's not whining, that's making honest observations, over and over and over again.

Bitching about that is crying.

Oh yeah. I already conceeded that point. Im crying my eyes out over here. You got anything else slick?

You can qualify it any way you'd like. But your whining about Cassell has been going on wayyyyyyyyy longer than this season. You spent the whole off season in the Sanchez Circle jerk. Now you're one of the few left that still has the energy to piss and moan every week about the same shit. each game is individual my ass. Same shit every fuckin week. Who are you bullshittin.

Yeah, I saw your positive stuff. All followed up by the same shit at the 1st opportunity to whine. Where is the possitive stuff he's done now? It's gone while all the negative stuff (some imagined, some real) is still being beaten like a dead horse? You're not discussing the Bills game, and what he did or didnt do. You're whining about Cassell as a QB overall.

Yeah yeah, I know. Im just crying again. Though everything I say is on the money, its crying none the less, eh?

Well that's your problem. I can cry if I want. It's my choice, right. LOL

milkman
11-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Oh yeah. I already conceeded that point. Im crying my eyes out over here. You got anything else slick?

You can qualify it any way you'd like. But your whining about Cassell has been going on wayyyyyyyyy longer than this season. You spent the whole off season in the Sanchez Circle jerk. Now you're one of the few left that still has the energy to piss and moan every week about the same shit. each game is individual my ass. Same shit every ****in week. Who are you bullshittin.

Yeah, I saw your positive stuff. All followed up by the same shit at the 1st opportunity to whine. Where is the possitive stuff he's done now? It's gone while all the negative stuff (some imagined, some real) is still being beaten like a dead horse? You're not discussing the Bills game, and what he did or didnt do. You're whining about Cassell as a QB overall.

Yeah yeah, I know. Im just crying again. Though everything I say is on the money, its crying none the less, eh?

Well that's your problem. I can cry if I want. It's my choice, right. LOL

You can call it what you want.

Doesn't matter to me.

I don't have a problem with your crying, I am simply pointing out that it is crying, and find it both amusing and hypocritical that you cry about whining.

DeezNutz
11-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm fucking sick of all the bitching about the people who cry about the whining.

http://www.doctorhugo.org/synaesthesia/art2/onion.jpg

CrazyHorse
11-05-2010, 08:52 PM
You can call it what you want.

Doesn't matter to me.

I don't have a problem with your crying, I am simply pointing out that it is crying, and find it both amusing and hypocritical that you cry about whining.

Uh huh.

You dont care alright. To the tune of about 50 responses.

Tell you what, in the interest of stopping the reality check you're going through, I'll conceed the point. You win slugger. You're too sharp for me.

Besides, I dont like crying near as much as you like whining. A few posts and you should get the point. No need for me to cry for months to get my point across. Carry on.:clap:

Good night.

Douche Baggins
11-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm fucking sick of all the bitching about the people who cry about the whining.

http://www.doctorhugo.org/synaesthesia/art2/onion.jpg

I try to submerge my hands in water when I watch Chiefs games, so I don't cry.

Dinny Blues
11-05-2010, 08:59 PM
FOR CRYIN' OUTLOUD ALREADY!!!!!!

Dinny

milkman
11-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Uh huh.

You dont care alright. To the tune of about 50 responses.

Tell you what, in the interest of stopping the reality check you're going through, I'll conceed the point. You win slugger. You're too sharp for me.

Besides, I dont like crying near as much as you like whining. A few posts and you should get the point. No need for me to cry for months to get my point across. Carry on.:clap:

Good night.

The thing is, I enjoy the arguments, so I will argue simply to argue.

Douche Baggins
11-05-2010, 09:48 PM
The thing is, I enjoy the arguments, so I will argue simply to argue.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/logo4.gif

Dylan
11-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow - nevermind posting here...some welcome...bye

/pours another

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Happy/happy-006.gif

KCBOSS1
11-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I agree with the article. I think he's the weak link. To His credit, we are winning and he's looked better to me than he ever has. Still, he's got to be an interim. It was also obvious this week how much we miss McCluster and how brilliantly he's used to keep defenses off balance. Without his checkdown presence defending our pass game gets much easier. Still, bottom line, winning is better than losing. I just hope that it doesn't make our coaching staff hesitant to be aggressive in upgrading our QB position given the opportunity.

stevieray
11-05-2010, 11:02 PM

Delusional, indeed.

no delusional is constantly playing shoulda coulda woulda.

we get it. almost everyone here would've double bagged it.

:rolleyes:

Douche Baggins
11-06-2010, 12:47 AM
See how bad it is?

Set my people free.

I think if we just let Cassel wing it more down field he will tear it up! I just don't understand why we are so conservative with his throws. I feel like Haley and Weis are constantly screaming in his head set check it down! We gots to let the Casselnator take over games more.

Fish
11-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Yeah... all they have to do is just unleash the Casselnator....

The coaches are holding him back because evidently they hate maintaining drives and scoring points. They're forcing Cassel to miss wildly on 3rd down passes and throw at the receiver's feet.

If only they'd quit holding Cassel back like that....

chiefsfan1963
11-06-2010, 12:58 PM
As Chiefs fans we all know Cassell is our weakness on this team, but we hope he can improve because if he doesn't we are not going to the playoffs and we will be looking for a new qb during the offseason. Haley and Weiss are doing all they can do to help him succeed, but I get the feeling that Haley will pull the plug and look for another direction during the offseason because he is not interested in waiting another year to get this team to the playoffs and beyond. Year 3 is his objective to not only win the division and make the playoffs but to go far. Nothing will stand in his way of achieving this including sticking with Cassel as his qb.

stlchiefs
11-06-2010, 01:15 PM
It's probably been said, but just noticed this is on the front page of MSN. Nice job Clayton (or C.E.). Impressive!

B_Ambuehl
11-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Question for GoChiefs and other Cassell realists:

Would you rather make the playoffs and have Cassell around for another year of similar play or go ahead and miss the playoffs and ensure he's run outta town this offseason?

From where I sit it seems to me you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I know ideally a lot of people would like to make the playoffs AND get rid of Cassell but Pioli will likely accept any possible excuse to stick with him into the future.

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Would you rather make the playoffs and have Cassell around for another year of similar play or go ahead and miss the playoffs and ensure he's run outta town this offseason?

Any so-called "fan" that hoped that Chiefs miss the playoffs in order to dismiss Cassel at the end of the season deserves a fucking cock punch.

Baby Lee
11-06-2010, 02:55 PM

From where I sit it seems to me you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I know ideally a lot of people would like to make the playoffs AND get rid of Cassell but Pioli will likely accept any possible excuse to stick with him into the future.

Take it one further, would you take a SB appearance, if it meant we were entering our own little sexy-Rexy era?

BCD
11-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Even if they miss the playoffs this season, Cassel will be back.

PGM
11-06-2010, 03:58 PM

How about I just watch the damn games and root for the team to win in every game they play.

Fish
11-06-2010, 05:43 PM

I would never root for the Chiefs to lose. Despite my feelings for Cassel.

But I'm not sure why making the playoffs would guarantee Cassel's future with the team. Surely the coaches are capable of evaluating Cassel independently of the overall team success...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2010, 07:05 PM
I would never root for the Chiefs to lose. Despite my feelings for Cassel.

But I'm not sure why making the playoffs would guarantee Cassel's future with the team. Surely the coaches are capable of evaluating Cassel independently of the overall team success...

This.

I hope.

Championship
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree Matt Cassell is the most dangerous QB. But not in the way you Chief fans are thinking, he is a DANGER to his team.

I've never seen a team baby a QB so much.

And btw, wasn't Todd Haley supposed to be some QB genius? When Todd Haybilly got hired, all I heard from Chief fans is "OMGZ We IZ Goin tah Hav Teh Bestest Passing Game IN Teh NFLZ!!111!!!!!"

But instead, you have the worst. Dead last in the NFL in passing the football. FAIL

Pawnmower
11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I agree Matt Cassell is the most dangerous QB. But not in the way you Chief fans are thinking, he is a DANGER to his team.

And btw, wasn't Todd Haley supposed to be some QB genius? When Todd Haybilly got hired, all I heard from Chief fans is "OMGZ We IZ Goin tah Hav Teh Bestest Passing Game IN Teh NFLZ!!111!!!!!"

But instead, you have the worst. Dead last in the NFL in passing the football. FAIL

Fail is you not even reading the article and then spewing your garbage all over in this thread. You make yourself look even dumber, which is quite difficult.

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2010, 08:56 PM

Well the Raider troll is right about Casshole.

Douche Baggins
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
It's probably been said, but just noticed this is on the front page of MSN. Nice job Clayton (or C.E.). Impressive!

Cool! :evil:

Douche Baggins
11-06-2010, 09:06 PM

If we're just going to suffer a horribly embarrassing playoff defeat at home, I'd rather miss the playoffs by one game and have it be all his fault, like a giant fuckup 5 INT game or something.

It might be more effective if that 5 INT game came in the playoffs, though.

milkman
11-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Well the Raider troll is right about Casshole.

He is right about Matty Melt.

A dumbass is bound to get one thing right in his life.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2010, 09:35 PM
He is right about Matty Melt.

A dumbass is bound to get one thing right in his life.

LMAO Damn fine work, Sir.

Douche Baggins
11-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Haha, this says it all.

How is it your a Chiefs Fan when you look for any Little thing to Bitch about Cassel? if your Wishing and Hoping for Cassel to Fail you Wishing and Hoping and Sayin the Chiefs will Fail!~! How is that a True Fan?? if It Wasnt Cassel it would be Another Player im Sure.. or even Clark Hunt....

Pawnmower
11-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Shocking that Clayton and the idiot raiders fan have nearly the same point of view and writing style....

Wait...

Coincidence?

Douche Baggins
11-06-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm just wondering who's mult you are, dipshit.

kysirsoze
11-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Any so-called "fan" that hoped that Chiefs miss the playoffs in order to dismiss Cassel at the end of the season deserves a ****ing cock punch.

Absolutely.

Douche Baggins
11-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Even if they miss the playoffs this season, Cassel will be back.

Why?

It would be obvious he was the reason they missed the playoffs.

kysirsoze
11-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Seriously, dude?......Really?

Douche Baggins
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Today we were 3 for 15 on third down and Cassel converted a grand total of two third downs on his own merits.

And when did the turning point in the game come?

When Cassel shit the bed on third down in overtime.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Today we were 3 for 15 on third down and Cassel converted a grand total of two third downs on his own merits.

You are a fucking retard.

Turning point? How about Bowe dropping the ball? How about Flowers dropping an INT and letting Ford rip the ball out of his hands? Flowers getting torched in OT?

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM

The third down conversions are a concern.

But the bottom line is that when the Chiefs needed a first down that could have sealed a win, it was Bowe, not Cassel, that dropped the ball.

Douche Baggins
11-07-2010, 07:12 PM
You are a fucking retard.

Turning point? How about Bowe dropping the ball? How about Flowers dropping an INT and letting Ford rip the ball out of his hands? Flowers getting torched in OT?

Up until that shitty third down, I felt good about our chances to win.

Punting from our own end zone = game over.

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 07:49 PM
The NFL’s Most Dangerous Quarterback (http://kan.scout.com/2/1018397.html)

Forget Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers and Jay Cutler.

Matt Cassel (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5024960) is the NFL’s most dangerous quarterback.

No, Cassel isn’t about to start raining touchdowns on NFL secondaries or firing lasers halfway across the field every week. He’s not headed to the Pro Bowl. Cassel is the most dangerous quarterback in the NFL because only he has the power to destroy the Kansas City Chiefs.

There’s no sense in denying it anymore – the Chiefs are a damn good football team. But everything Scott Pioli (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3933332) and Todd Haley have built in the last 21 months is in jeopardy right now. The reconstructed offensive line, the league-leading rushing attack, Romeo Crennel’s defensive revolution – it can all be rendered null and void by the lone efforts of a single man. All it takes is a few flicks of Cassel’s right wrist and the whole thing implodes.

Yes, the Chiefs are 5-2 and leading the AFC West. Unfortunately, winning is a great deodorant. Something in Kansas City stinks.

It’s Cassel, and he’s holding back the Chiefs from their true potential. Sunday’s overtime dogfight with Buffalo made it obvious. Kansas City rushed for 274 yards, held the Bills to 10 points and still needed five quarters to win.

For the record, only four NFL teams have rushed for at least 250 yards in a game this year – the Chiefs, Raiders, Jets and Texans. But only one team scored fewer than 34 points while doing so – the Chiefs, who required overtime to limp their way to a meager 13 points.

Just coincidence?

Let’s take a look at the teams who have rushed for 200 or more yards in a game this season – the Chiefs, Raiders, Giants, Saints, Bears, Jaguars, Ravens, Texans, Jets, Falcons, Patriots, Steelers and Titans. Not only are the Chiefs the only team on that list to score fewer than 23 points in such a game, they are the only team to lose a game while running for at least 200 yards.

<table align="left" width="200" cellspacing="7"><tbody><tr><td>http://media.scout.com/media/image/85/851609.jpg
Cassel has been disappointing
on third down.
Getty Images </td></tr></tbody></table> Conclusion: KC’s running game and defense have been propping up Cassel all season long.

The problem: They can’t do it every week.

The bigger problem: Even when they do it, there’s no guarantee Cassel won’t screw it up.

Sunday’s game against Buffalo is all the proof you need. Facing a defense that hasn’t been able to get off the field on third down all year long, the Chiefs converted a pathetic 26 percent of their third-down attempts (4/15). The sad thing is two of those conversions were running plays, and a third was a screen pass.

That’s right. Cassel went five quarters against one of the NFL’s worst defenses and converted one third down on his own merits. Actually, to be fair, he was assisted by Jamaal Charles (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5024961), who pulled down a high throw and muscled his way just past the sticks for a seven-yard gain.

We shouldn’t be surprised, however, because the Chiefs have been terrible on third down all year and now rank 24th. Cassel is completing just 51.8 percent of his passes on third down, which ranks near the bottom of the league with prolific passers such as Derek Anderson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4854467) (51.1), Mark Sanchez (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5200287) (49.3), Jay Cutler (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4832032) (51.2) and Donovan McNabb (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4886133) (45). Not surprisingly, Anderson, Cutler and McNabb also lead three of the NFL’s worst third-down and overall offenses.

It’s interesting to note that Cassel’s inept third-down play completely separates him from the league’s highest-rated quarterbacks, which he is conveniently placed among thanks to a 90.4 passer rating. His third-down completion percentage is a full 4.3 points lower than his closest Top 10 competitor, Philip Rivers (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4845172).

Todd Haley and Charlie Weis realize this, fortunately, which is why they repeatedly hand the ball to running backs on third and long. It’s becoming more and more apparent they don’t trust their quarterback farther than he can throw them, so to speak.

Why should Chiefs fans?

The truly scary part of this – the real danger of The NFL’s Most Dangerous Quarterback – is that there are fans and media promoting the idea that Cassel is capable of taking the Chiefs somewhere. Every week, after Kansas City’s running game and defense churns out another win, you’ll find people around the blogosphere patting Cassel on the back, talking about his great quarterback rating or the fact he’s only thrown three interceptions. This week Inside the NFL co-hosts Phil Simms and Warren Sapp (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=2980562) hopped on Cassel’s bandwagon.

“I always judge quarterbacks like this,” Simms said Wednesday night. “When you drop back to throw it, you get so many opportunities during a game, if they’re open. [Cassel] hits those open guys at a very high percentage just like the top quarterbacks in the NFL.”

“The man is driving the bus at times, he’s not just riding it,” said Sapp. “You can’t just say he’s riding the bus. Cassel makes plays for this team to go out and win games.” <table align="right" width="200" cellspacing="7"><tbody><tr><td>http://media.scout.com/media/image/87/871453.jpg
Will Cassel survive the Raiders?
Getty Images </td></tr></tbody></table> You honestly have to wonder if Simms and Sapp even watch Chiefs games. Cassel narrowly avoided interceptions on three passes against Buffalo, overthrew a wide-open Jamaal Charles by five yards at one point and chunked a ball at a receiver’s feet on third-and-one with the game on the line.

All Simms and Sapp had to do was watch their own show’s highlights. They would have seen an exasperated Todd Haley bemoaning Cassel’s inability to throw a deep ball intended for Dwayne Bowe (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5024954) on time, resulting in a blown opportunity for a touchdown. That’s just another day at the office for Danger Matt.

But regardless of the reasons for his support, it’s official now – The Matt Cassel Propaganda Machine is fully functional. Forget KC’s running game and defense. If the NFL media starts propping up Cassel and validating the opinions of Chiefs fans who desperately want to believe he’s Tom Brady (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4913464) 2.0, I don’t know where this goes, but it scares me.

What I do know is this – the Chiefs are headed to Oakland for a game of monstrous, epic proportions. Godzilla vs. King Kong figures to be the halftime show the way this shindig is shaping up. The Raiders are trying to claw their way back to relevancy for the first time in almost a decade, and Kansas City is standing in their way. Oakland head coach Tom Cable (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5159293) has whipped the Bay Area into a frenzy this week and Al Davis (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4855191) may just wash his hair for this game. At some point, I fully expect Ben Davidson to charge into the Chiefs’ broadcast booth and spear Len Dawson.

With matchups against Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and Miami remaining, not to mention a trip to Arrowhead Stadium, Sunday is essentially a playoff game for Oakland, and their most important contest since Super Bowl XXXVII. The Chiefs are walking into hell, and it’s hotter than ever.

The Raiders will bring the AFC’s best pass rush (Oakland is #1 in sacks per pass attempt) and, most likely, a sold-out, spiked, and painted-up crowd out for Chiefs blood thundering down on Cassel’s head. Oakland knows he’s Kansas City’s weak spot. They’ll attack him. If he’s anything close to the quarterback he’s supposed to be, he’ll play his best game of the season.

For the record: I don’t believe Cassel is capable of winning this game.

It’s going to be war. The Chiefs need a general, not a little drummer boy who hands the ball off to the real soldiers.

Does all that Bla Bla Bla mean he bought a gun or something? Short of that, except to us, he's not dangerous AT ALL!!! :clap:

DBOSHO
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Im about sick of quarterbacks who throw 1 yard routes when we need 3

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 07:56 PM

In fairness, 4 of those misses were run plays. 2 of those misses were inexcusable drops (Moeaki, Bowe). Arguably a 3rd (Charles dropped a makeable catch, but don't know if he gets past the chains). And unlike most games, the majority of our 3rd downs were third and longs. So unlike most games, I don't have a problem with Cassel's 3rd down efficiency.

But he shit the bed in OT. That's not good.

Douche Baggins
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Does all that Bla Bla Bla mean he bought a gun or something?

I wish he would. If he went Last Boy Scout on a few defenders maybe the safeties would get out of the box.