PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs get no respect but to be truthful they haven't earned it yet.

chiefsfan1963
11-05-2010, 11:37 AM
If they could have put away the Texans and Colts earlier this season then the media may be giving Chiefs their due, but they have another opportunity this Sunday against the Raiders. This is game I don't expect the Chiefs to win, but if they do then this will be huge for the team and I think you'll get some props from the media analysts. Beating Oakland @ Oakland will be a big statement. Oakland is playing real well as of late and they seem to be on a roll. For Chiefs to stop their momentum in their stadium will surely show that they have turned the corner and could pave the way to getting into the playoffs for the first time since 2007. Looking forward to watching them on Sunday.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I dont give a shit about respect now. Its just nice to finally see our boys winning games and not look totally inept.

LaChapelle
11-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Mike Solari disrespects road kill

suds79
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
With injuries to Nnamdi, Murphy & Miller, I expect the Chiefs to win this game.

This isn't the Colts or Patriots we're talking about here. It's the Raiders QBed by Jason Campbell.

I think it'll be close but with the injuries Oakland has, I'm picking Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM
What kills me is what have the Raiders done to Earn Respect now?

National pundits are acting like they are the odds on favorite to win the world...

WTF?

milkman
11-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Gotta give ya some credit.

At least you talk football, Mr. Badgirl.

milkman
11-05-2010, 11:47 AM
What kills me is what have the Raiders done to Earn Respect now?

National pundits are acting like they are the odds on favorite to win the world...

WTF?

There are teams that have earned a level of interest throughout the NFL landscape, the bandwagon type teams, because of their history of success.

The Raiders are one of those teams.

manjy90
11-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Beating the Raiders = Beating the Colts?
ROFL

Reerun_KC
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
There are teams that have earned a level of interest throughout the NFL landscape, the bandwagon type teams, because of their history of success.

I guess when your talking about the 60's, 70's and early 80's you're probably right...

Take out a couple of years with Gannon and since I have been a fan since 1987, The Raiders are whom you refer to when your talking about garbage of the NFL...

I think people are so desperate to make the Raiders relevant again....

Pablo
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
If they could have put away the Texans and Colts earlier this season then the media may be giving Chiefs their due, but they have another opportunity this Sunday against the Raiders. This is game I don't expect the Chiefs to win, but if they do then this will be huge for the team and I think you'll get some props from the media analysts. Beating Oakland @ Oakland will be a big statement. Oakland is playing real well as of late and they seem to be on a roll. For Chiefs to stop their momentum in their stadium will surely show that they have turned the corner and could pave the way to getting into the playoffs for the first time since 2007. Looking forward to watching them on Sunday.You mean to tell that if the Chiefs were 7-0; people would respect us more???

HOLY SHIT. You learn something new every day.

Amnorix
11-05-2010, 11:52 AM

Unfortunate but true.

Rooster
11-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't get this whole respect thing from the media. What difference does it make?

Oh joy!! The media is talking about my favorite team so in turn they are talking about me.... Oh joy!!! :rolleyes:

Amnorix
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Part of it is also that the AFC West has been weaksauce for a good while now. The Chargers had phenomal talent some of those years, but never even made it to a Super Bowl. Last AFC West team to go to a SB was Raiders in 2002, and last one to win was Broncos in 1998 or whatever it was.

Combine that with a somewhat weak schedule and the fact that KC just isn't going to have the kind of pull a team in NY or LA has, and you've got to do better than you might otherwise have to in order to get national attention.

The lack of a megasuperstar hurts too. The Cavs got national attention because of LeBron. Now they'll go back to what they always were -- completely ignored.

It's not fair to KC, but it's reality.

milkman
11-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't get this whole respect thing from the media. What difference does it make?

Oh joy!! The media is talking about my favorite team so in turn they are talking about me.... Oh joy!!! :rolleyes:

It's not that the media is talking about "me", that everyone is concerned with.

You're listening to sports talk radio and all you hear about is the glamor teams, Brett Favre, Randy Moss.

I don't care if they don't talk about the Chiefs, but give something more than the same crap you always talk about.

But people always would like to hear talk, or read, about thier team.

Amnorix
11-05-2010, 11:58 AM

True, but you've got a 3 hour game every Sunday, and 165 other hours every week, some of which you might wnat to spend hearing good things about hwat you team did last Sunday, and might do next Sunday. Instead, you get to hear Peyton Manning or Tom Brady get Deep Throated for the eleventy billionth time. Not hard to understand.

When the Pats first got good, I devoured EVERYTHING on the Internet about them. Wish I still had the time to. Belichick/Brady isn't going to alst forever, so you've got to enjoy the moment. I thought the Celtics would be great forever -- they always had been. Then Bird retired and the Celtics became the laughingstock of the NBA for like 15 years...

kaplin42
11-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Part of it is also that the AFC West has been weaksauce for a good while now. The Chargers had phenomal talent some of those years, but never even made it to a Super Bowl. Last AFC West team to go to a SB was Raiders in 2002, and last one to win was Broncos in 1998 or whatever it was.

Combine that with a somewhat weak schedule and the fact that KC just isn't going to have the kind of pull a team in NY or LA has, and you've got to do better than you might otherwise have to in order to get national attention.

The lack of a megasuperstar hurts too. The Cavs got national attention because of LeBron. Now they'll go back to what they always were -- completely ignored.

It's not fair to KC, but it's reality.

Truth!

Deberg_1990
11-05-2010, 12:09 PM

This....

Ill never understand why some guys get so hung up on media "respect"? Who cares? Does it make one damn bit of difference in the outcome of a game?

But for what its worth The Chiefs have gotten plenty of respect over the years when they win and are successful.

chiefsfan1963
11-05-2010, 12:22 PM
You mean to tell that if the Chiefs were 7-0; people would respect us more???

HOLY SHIT. You learn something new every day.

personally it's not the record it's beating better teams like colts and texans away.

beating 49ers and jags, but barely beating buffalo, cleveland, and san diego at home is not enough.

Jewish Rabbi
11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
personally it's not the record it's beating better teams like colts and texans away.

beating 49ers and jags, but barely beating buffalo, cleveland, and san diego at home is not enough.

:spock:

Chiefnj2
11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Beating the Raiders will not earn the Chiefs any respect. It will just be "the same old Raiders."

To gain any respect they'll have to beat the Titans and Chargers (2nd time).

chiefsfan1963
11-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Beating the Raiders will not earn the Chiefs any respect. It will just be "the same old Raiders."

To gain any respect they'll have to beat the Titans and Chargers (2nd time).

That may be true but if we lose to them we're pretenders. the key is to beat these guys decisively

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2010, 07:16 PM
If they could have put away the Texans and Colts earlier this season then the media may be giving Chiefs their due, but they have another opportunity this Sunday against the Raiders. This is game I don't expect the Chiefs to win, but if they do then this will be huge for the team and I think you'll get some props from the media analysts. Beating Oakland @ Oakland will be a big statement. Oakland is playing real well as of late and they seem to be on a roll. For Chiefs to stop their momentum in their stadium will surely show that they have turned the corner and could pave the way to getting into the playoffs for the first time since 2007. Looking forward to watching them on Sunday.

I hate being right.:( Anyway we are 5-3. A lot better than anyone expected. We still have a shot to go 5-3 the rest of the way, and make the playoffs. We are not a Super Bowl team. We are what we are which is an up and coming team that needs another off season of good free agency moves and another great draft. We are young and full of potential. We are a lot better off than when Herm and CP were running things.