PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs FUCK!! What would you do?

DaFace
11-05-2010, 09:54 PM
This Sunday, my nephew's middle-school football team is playing in their league's championship game. I was planning on getting up Sunday, watching the Chiefs game, then driving quickly to his game when it starts at 3pm MDT.

Only one problem. I just now realized (after Rain Man mentioned it this afternoon) that the Chiefs game starts at 2:15 MDT on Sunday. Thus, I essentially have the choice of missing the Chiefs/Raiders game or missing my nephew's championship game.

FUCK!!

That's a tough one. I think I have to go to the nephew's game and just record the Chiefs/Raiders game. :sulk:

Anyway, I've basically made my decision, but what would you do?

DeezNutz
11-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Your "nephew," not your "son."

Chiefs.

kysirsoze
11-05-2010, 09:57 PM
record it and turn off your cell.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Is Jamaal Charles available to come to your house and tell you all about his game? Does your nephew have a fifty-year intense rivalry with the other team? Is your nephew's game an actual battle of good versus evil?

And by the way, this is the 100th regular season game between the Chiefs and the Raiders. The 100th. Think about it.

CHENZ A!
11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Depends if your nephew is any good or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
11-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Family first. Just make sure you don't hear anything about the real game.

KcMizzou
11-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Is Jamaal Charles available to come to your house and tell you all about his game? Does your nephew have a fifty-year intense rivalry with the other team? Is your nephew's game an actual battle of good versus evil?

And by the way, this is the 100th regular season game between the Chiefs and the Raiders. The 100th. Think about it.LMAO

No pressure.

DaFace
11-05-2010, 10:02 PM

Yeah, that's the tough part. I have a major problem watching games when they're not live, but I think I'll try and force myself not to fast forward and try and make it as close to the live experience as I can.

Of course, this means that you guys get to fend for yourselves with the server for the second week in a row. Have fun with that. :p

CHENZ A!
The 100th. Think about it.

Woah. Dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
Heh, you think that's bad? I'm going to be stuck working, and since the station that used to carry the Chiefs radio broadcasts dropped them, I'm going to have to listen to the Raiders broadcast instead.

JohninGpt
Take a radio w/earphone.

kysirsoze
11-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Of course, this means that you guys get to fend for yourselves with the server for the second week in a row. Have fun with that. :p

OH SHIT

JohninGpt
11-05-2010, 10:04 PM

You're grounded mister.

KcMizzou
11-05-2010, 10:04 PM
You're grounded mister.ROFL

RustShack
11-05-2010, 10:05 PM
It's not like the varsity high school chamionship.. Or your son. Chiefs game easy!

luv
11-05-2010, 10:05 PM
You sure have been starting a lot of polls lately. I think you need a vacation from Rain Man. Two weeks. Paid.

KcMizzou
11-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Heh, you think that's bad? I'm going to be stuck working, and since the station that used to carry the Chiefs radio broadcasts dropped them, I'm going to have to listen to the Raiders broadcast instead.Hopefully you'll get to hear them cry.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Woah. Dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not even lying. It's the 100th. I think we lost one game in a strike year and this is our 51st year of playing them twice a year.

luv
11-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Her sibling's kid, right? Gotta go to the game or face never hearing the end of it. :)

And, like you said, record the Chiefs game. Just don't come onto the Planet or answer any calls from Rain Man until after you watch it.

Zaiko
11-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Middle school and depends how close you are to your nephew..

Go chiefs.

Count Zarth
11-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Fuck your relatives.

DaFace
11-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Her sibling's kid, right? Gotta go to the game or face never hearing the end of it. :)

And, like you said, record the Chiefs game. Just don't come onto the Planet or answer any calls from Rain Man until after you watch it.

Na, the wife's awesome. She's been trying to convince me not to go.

I should also mention that this is a "new" nephew. (His dad and my SIL got married recently.) So part of it is that I feel like I should be the good uncle for now at least. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Oh, FFS. If you haven't been there since birth, fuck it. Watch the Chiefs game. And save our servers! LMAO

DeezNutz
11-05-2010, 10:12 PM

I should also mention that this is a "new" nephew. (His dad and my SIL got married recently.) So part of it is that I feel like I should be the good uncle for now at least. :D

Oh, well then the kid doesn't give a fuck about you, either. Problem solved.

Chiefs!

HotRoute
11-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Chiefs game hands down. Don't you want to watch Jamaal run wild

Rain Man
I'm going to be texting you the whole game with stuff like....

"Oh, my god! 40 years of football and I've NEVER seen a catch like that!"

"This is unbelievable! Un-be-lievable!"

"What the - DaFace! Get to a TV NOW!"

Count Zarth
This kid was a complete stranger you wouldn't know from any random brat until what, a few weeks, or months ago?

AND YOU'RE GOING TO LET HIM STAND IN THE WAY OF THE GREATEST LOVE OF YOUR LIFE?

I bet he doesn't give a shit about you.

DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIM.

Watch the game.

Bane
11-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Chiefs or GTFO!!!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2010, 10:14 PM
This kid was a complete stranger you wouldn't know from any random brat until what, a few weeks, or months ago?

Watch the game.

I wouldn't say it so brashly, but honestly, this.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Therein lies your solution. Does this kid really know what you look like? Perhaps you can find a non-football fan with a similar build and haircut, tell your wife that you're driving separately, and then have the person stand over on the other sideline all game in some distinctive clothing item that you own.

Count Zarth
I THINK WE NEED TO HAVE A SERIOUS TALK, DAFACE.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/G5OA7mfSGXI/0.jpg

DaFace

Watch the game.

Na, he's been around for a few years now. It's been one of those "when the hell are they gonna get married" things for a while.

luv

Whoa, whoa, whoa. New information here. She's telling you not to go, and it's a new nephew. Are they Denver fans? Surely, they know how much this game means.

Baconeater

"What the - DaFace! FIX THE SERVER NOW!"
There, that's more like it

luv
11-05-2010, 10:16 PM

This is why we love you.

kysirsoze
11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh, FFS. If you haven't been there since birth, **** it. Watch the Chiefs game. And save our servers! LMAO

Oh, well then the kid doesn't give a **** about you, either. Problem solved.

Chiefs!

Watch the game.

All of these.

:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:

Rain Man

Oh, yeah, and at the end I'll add, "Lord, you can take me now. Because I have seen it all."*

*Dan Dierdorf's statement on the Montana Monday Night game, if you're not a good enough Chiefs fan to know that.

Mr. Flopnuts
This is why we love you.

I don't say it enough, but, absolutely!

cdcox
A family that we've know for 18 years had confirmation for three of their kids last weekend. We were kind of obligated to spend the better part of the day with them. I decided to check the final score before watching the game, just to save myself the agony. Of all the games.

Watching it was kind of surreal. At several points I thought "this can't be happening -- the Chiefs won this game!" At one point, I thought maybe I had misread the score. Really bizarre, but in a good way.

On the other hand, that game is kind of a metaphor for the whole season. I knew the final score of the game. It was kind of interesting to see how we would get there, but there wasn't much suspense. In the same way, I know how this season will end. It will be interesting to see the journey, but I've got a pretty good idea that at some critical juncture of the season, we will desperately need Matt Cassel to be a hero. and that is when our season will end.

Count Zarth
11-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh, yeah, and at the end I'll add, "Lord, you can take me now. Because I have seen it all."*

*Dan Dierdorf's statement on the Montana Monday Night game, if you're not a good enough Chiefs fan to know that.

I'm not sure if DaFace knows that reference.

I mean, just look at this thread.

JohninGpt

Just tell him "if you're not going to watch the game you better be at the office updating the TSP reports".

DeezNutz
I don't love any of you worthless fucks.

luv
11-05-2010, 10:19 PM

:(

cdcox
11-05-2010, 10:20 PM

He's not blood to either you or the wife? And you haven't known him very long?

You're a better man than me, DaFace.

DeezNutz
:(

I don't know why, but that emoticon always makes me laugh.

DaFace

And I love you all. :grouphug:

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2010, 10:21 PM

You did when you bought that fucking Boulevard this morning.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Just tell him "if you're not going to watch the game you better be at the office updating the TSP reports".

Oh, hey.

DaFace, for $50 I can absolutely, positively need you at the office for an emergency three-hour project. Guaranteed e-mail from your boss that you can show your wife.

DeezNutz
11-05-2010, 10:22 PM
You did when you bought that ****ing Boulevard this morning.

LMAO.

First time I've been wrong in my life.

SPchief
11-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Well if that's the case then change my vote to fuck him and watch the chiefs game. Who's gonna take care of the server, Morphis?

DaFace
11-05-2010, 10:23 PM
He's not blood to either you or the wife? And you haven't known him very long?

You're a better man than me, DaFace.

Eh, the whole "not known him very long" thing is a bit misleading. They've been around for a few years now and the wife's family is pretty close-knit. We probably get together every other week or so.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:25 PM
A family that we've know for 18 years had confirmation for three of their kids last weekend. We were kind of obligated to spend the better part of the day with them. I decided to check the final score before watching the game, just to save myself the agony. Of all the games.

Watching it was kind of surreal. At several points I thought "this can't be happening -- the Chiefs won this game!" At one point, I thought maybe I had misread the score. Really bizarre, but in a good way.

On the other hand, that game is kind of a metaphor for the whole season. I knew the final score of the game. It was kind of interesting to see how we would get there, but there wasn't much suspense. In the same way, I know how this season will end. It will be interesting to see the journey, but I've got a pretty good idea that at some critical juncture of the season, we will desperately need Matt Cassel to be a hero. and that is when our season will end.

It's weird, isn't it? Even if I don't know the score ahead of time, I have trouble getting excited about watching a recorded game. Physically, there should be no difference at all, but if I know I'm watching a recording I don't get amped up psychically. (Is that a word?)

cdcox
11-05-2010, 10:26 PM
You don't look like yourself today. You coming down with something?

luv
11-05-2010, 10:27 PM
It's weird, isn't it? Even if I don't know the score ahead of time, I have trouble getting excited about watching a recorded game. Physically, there should be no difference at all, but if I know I'm watching a recording I don't get amped up psychically. (Is that a word?)

You don't get psyched.

Count Zarth
11-05-2010, 10:28 PM

There's a bug going around. It's called "car trouble."

stevieray
11-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Record the Chiefs game...they'll be plenty more.....but this might be his one big momenyt in sports.

don't underestimate how much it will mean to him by being there..

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2010, 10:30 PM
LMAO.

First time I've been wrong in my life.

ROFL I need to start making more posts like this.

DaFace
Record the Chiefs game...they'll be plenty more.....but this might be his one big momenyt in sports.

don't underestimate how much it will mean to him by being there..

Yeah, as much as it pains me to do it, that's how I look at it.

Guru
Did you tell them you would be there? do they expect you to be there? If so, you have to go. Simple as that.

stevieray
11-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah, as much as it pains me to do it, that's how I look at it.
:clap:

KcMizzou
It's weird, isn't it? Even if I don't know the score ahead of time, I have trouble getting excited about watching a recorded game. Physically, there should be no difference at all, but if I know I'm watching a recording I don't get amped up psychically. (Is that a word?)Agreed 100%.

Somehow, it's just not the same. If you're seeing it live, on some level, you feel like a part of it.

DaFace
Did you tell them you would be there? do they expect you to be there? If so, you have to go. Simple as that.

No. And not necessarily, though I'm sure they'd appreciate it. But I'm going. I already decided that.

stevieray
11-05-2010, 10:32 PM

no, they are just hoping he'll be there.

:D

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:32 PM
You don't get psyched.

That's why I love you.

DaFace
11-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Agreed 100%.

Somehow, it's just not the same. If you're seeing it live, on some level, you feel like a part of it.

Yep. Back in the olden days, I used to think it was because recordings on a VHS (or Beta) tape look a little different than live TV. Now that DVR's are here, though, it's clearly about the game itself. It's really hard for me not to just fast forward to the end.

Mr. Flopnuts
THAT'S GOOD FOR A KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.......................................

Rain Man

Are you talking to me?

And whether you are or not, why the hell am I not walking?

luv
11-05-2010, 10:34 PM
That's why I love you.

:redface:

ClevelandBronco
11-05-2010, 10:38 PM

The detail in this post changed everything. I take back my vote for the nephew. Watch the Chiefs.

cdcox
11-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Are you talking to me?

And whether you are or not, why the hell am I not walking?

No, DaFace. He doesn't look as green around the gills has he usually does. He must be coming down with something.

Walking man looks fine to me.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:41 PM
No, DaFace. He doesn't look as green around the gills has he usually does. He must be coming down with something.

Walking man looks fine to me.

Walking man isn't walking for me. He's just standing there. I'm concerned and confused.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Thats a tough one.

Also, why the hell would they schedule a game on a Sunday?

Your Nephew's game, not the Chiefs...:)

Count Zarth
11-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Because their priorities are way out of whack.

DaFace
11-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Thats a tough one.

Yeah, no clue whatsoever on that one. Maybe they thought it was OK since the Donks are on a bye.

JohninGpt
11-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Thats a tough one.

It's Denver, what the hell else are they going to do.

cdcox
11-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Walking man isn't walking for me. He's just standing there. I'm concerned and confused.

Now he is frozen for me too.

sedated
11-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm skipping my neice's 5th birthday party next Sunday because my sister scheduled it at 11am on Chiefs game day.

She used to be a sports fan, but somehow she lost complete track of important sporting events when she had those little f**king kids.

I just point at the schedule and give them the finger.

KcMizzou
11-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Still truckin' for me.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Now he is frozen for me too.

I may need DaFace to come over to my house and fix that for me this Sunday around 2 o'clock.

DaFace! Emergency! Walking man ain't walking!

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Still truckin' for me.

Okay, this is getting weird. How about now? He's completely frozen for me.

KcMizzou
11-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I may need DaFace to come over to my house and fix that for me this Sunday around 2 o'clock.

DaFace! Emergency! Walking man ain't walking!DaFace = Don Draper

Sorry baby, I've gotta go... it's business.

KcMizzou
11-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Okay, this is getting weird. How about now? He's completely frozen for me.Still walking. No idea where he's going...

DaFace
11-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I do think I'll plan to take along a radio and an earphone, so hopefully I can listen. Only problem is, we don't get the Chiefs radio network out here, so I'll have to hope I can find the game on.

luv

I wish I had his endurance.

DaFace
I wish I had his endurance.

That's what she said?

(It's a stretch, I know. But I think it works.)

stevieray
11-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Refrain Man?

Psyko Tek
11-05-2010, 10:53 PM
This Sunday, my nephew's middle-school football team is playing in their league's championship game. I was planning on getting up Sunday, watching the Chiefs game, then driving quickly to his game when it starts at 3pm MDT.

Only one problem. I just now realized (after Rain Man mentioned it this afternoon) that the Chiefs game starts at 2:15 MDT on Sunday. Thus, I essentially have the choice of missing the Chiefs/Raiders game or missing my nephew's championship game.

FUCK!!

That's a tough one. I think I have to go to the nephew's game and just record the Chiefs/Raiders game. :sulk:

wear no chiefs gear stay away from anybody with a radio

do not tell anybody of your problem

and mayb
just maybe
when you get into your car to leave the radio will tell you the scaore
you're the tekkie here haven't you got a COMPANY phone that will let you stream the game
think your boss should get you an upgrade

stevieray
11-05-2010, 10:55 PM
uh oh..I replied to rain man.

thread killed.

DaFace
11-05-2010, 10:57 PM
wear no chiefs gear stay away from anybody with a radio

do not tell anybody of your problem

and mayb
just maybe
when you get into your car to leave the radio will tell you the scaore
you're the tekkie here haven't you got a COMPANY phone that will let you stream the game
think your boss should get you an upgrade

Damn...I hadn't thought of that. If this were a month from now, I'd be up for an upgrade to an Android phone, which I could use to stream it using NFLST. That's depressing.

Count Zarth
11-05-2010, 10:59 PM
I do think I'll plan to take along a radio and an earphone, so hopefully I can listen. Only problem is, we don't get the Chiefs radio network out here, so I'll have to hope I can find the game on.

I did that during a Jemimah's Witnesses meeting one Sunday.

Snuck into the bathroom with my little radio and got updates.

Dad caught me. :evil:

Psyko Tek
11-05-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't know why, but that emoticon always makes me laugh.

somedays "doing the right thing"
is only the right thing for you
and nobody cares you do it but you
but i still think da faces company should get him a phones that can stream the game

DaFace
11-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I did that during a Jemimah's Witnesses meeting one Sunday.

Snuck into the bathroom with my little radio and got updates.

Dad caught me. :evil:

I fondly remember my dad and I sharing a set of headphones while sitting in church when I was a kid.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 11:28 PM
uh oh..I replied to rain man.

thread killed.

What did you do to my walking man? You killed my walking man!

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh, wait. Now he's walking again. Up is down. Right is left. What the heck is going on here?

Shogun
11-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Break kids ankle, take him to see the Chiefs.

Fish
11-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Call in a bomb threat to the championship game.
Watch Chiefs.
Watch rescheduled championship game at later date.

teedubya
11-06-2010, 12:18 AM
YOu have an ANDROID phone right? Llama Broadcasting works GREAT on a Droid.

FYI

The Pedestrian
11-06-2010, 12:18 AM

This, PLUS...although both teams are undefeated in our division and have been improving, it's not like we're still the last undefeated team(s) in the NFL. Even if we were, I'd pause and pretend to think for about 5 seconds, and then set the recorder so I could go to the nephew's game.

RippedmyFlesh
11-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Yep. Back in the olden days, I used to think it was because recordings on a VHS (or Beta) tape look a little different than live TV. Now that DVR's are here, though, it's clearly about the game itself. It's really hard for me not to just fast forward to the end.

They might make pills for that.

Smed1065
11-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Na, he's been around for a few years now. It's been one of those "when the hell are they gonna get married" things for a while.

They did not seem to wait, why you?

:doh!:

Renegade
11-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Who in their right mind would schedule a middle school game during NFL Sundays? That is what early Saturday mornings are for, not to get in the way of College or NFL football

Bwana
11-06-2010, 07:38 AM
I would go to the Nephew's game and tape the chiefs game.

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Take if from someone who DVR's Chiefs games and then tends to responsibilities on Sunday. It can be done.

Don't listen to the radio. The moment someone displays any interest in the NFL or pulls out a mobile device, get away from them. Plug your ears anytime you suspect a score or comment might be made. And then you'll be so annoying that the nephew himself will yell up in the stands to tell you to go home. And then you can watch the game commercial/halftime free!

EDIT: Go for part of the game and then leave. Then you were there.

bevischief
11-06-2010, 08:21 AM
If the game is carried by radio in your area...

LoneWolf
11-06-2010, 08:39 AM

****!!

You watch the Chiefs game. When your nephew is older he'll understand.

Rausch
11-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Chiefs game.

Have the wife/sister/sister-n-law/mother-n-law call with updates.

We're not talking about fucking senior day with your Nephew at QB...

Donger
11-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Just set up the game to record on your VCR. Make sure that you set it up to record on 'EP' or you will run out of tape.

Zebedee DuBois
11-06-2010, 09:49 AM
You gotta go to the nephew's game.
Family and friends are an investment. If you put something in, you'll get more out.
The Chiefs, as much as we love watching them destroy evil, are a bunch of millionaires playing a kids game.

boogblaster
11-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Your nephew they're only young once .......

The Pedestrian
11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh, and for some reason, I have a feeling it'll go into OT tomorrow...record far enough into the future...

Demonpenz
11-06-2010, 11:25 AM
people are assholes who schedule anything on sunday during football season, people need to quit being retarded and realize the people who put food on the table need 4 hours to watch football

The Pedestrian
11-06-2010, 11:30 AM
people are assholes who schedule anything on sunday during football season, people need to quit being retarded and realize the people who put food on the table need 4 hours to watch football

8 hours...have to cover for everyone's game of the week.

Rausch
11-06-2010, 11:40 AM

And people who fold as soon as the Mrs. Says "Hey big guy, my mom and sister are coming over" should take his ass to the gourmet cooking thread and figure just which spice would serve bests over his testicles brazed in a red wine and garlic braise...

LocoChiefsFan
11-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Why the hell would they have this game on Sunday???? They are obviously aware of the NFL holding games the same day.

Pablo
11-06-2010, 11:49 AM
The weekends in the fall were made for college and NFL football. Nothing else is important. I can miss college football and it doesn't bother me as much; but missing the Chiefs game is serious business. Someone better be dying or already dead for me to miss that shit.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Family first

DVR Chiefs game while attending Nephew's game. Don't listen to the radio or go on the internet etc until you get back home and watch Chiefs game.

make sure nobody sitting near you at your nephew's game is going to "update the chiefs game" for the crowd or anything. :cuss:

Buck
11-06-2010, 02:14 PM
I chose Nephew's game. Speaking from experience, some kids only get one chance at a Championship game and it'd be nice if he had family there. Are you close to him?

Do you have a DVR?