GloryDayz
11-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey look, no sweat on BG!!!

Silock
Are they chanting USA? LOLZ

Priest31kc
Embarrassing. That OU win seems so long ago now. Season is gunna have a bad taste in the mouth even if we finish 11-2 or 10-3.

KCinNY
11-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Mizzou's coaches = gutless pussies.

BTW, Gabbert throws a worse deep ball than Cassel.

NewChief
11-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Embarrassing. That OU win seems so long ago now. Season is gunna have a bad taste in the mouth even if we finish 11-2 or 10-3.

This was -exactly- what it was like to have Houston Nutt as our coach. We'd beat 1 or 2 top 10 teams in a year, and then we'd play like shit the rest of the year. Not sure that Pinkel is the problem (I don't really follow Mizzou), but I do feel your pain.

KcMizzou
11-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Fuck me. WTF was that?

:facepalm:

Spott
11-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Potts should go over to Gabbert at the end of the game and call him a pussy for not running the ball when he had the lane.

He had 2 chances to run that last drive and wouldn't do it.

Mosbonian
That was sad...pathetic. Almost like once they got up by 14 they put it in coast.

Where was Pinkel with the thought of putting in our backup with Gabbert playing so poorly. At the worst we could have had a running threat at QB.

The only sliver of light to take from this game is that Gabbert is playing so poorly that there is no way that he will declare this season.

DeezNutz
I have a question MU folks. Is time to look at replacing Pinkel?

No.

Al Bundy
11-06-2010, 09:36 PM
He had 2 chances to run that last drive and wouldn't do it.
Yeah I saw that... looked like Gabbert quit tonight. It is time to replace him with Franklin.

Al Bundy
11-06-2010, 09:36 PM
No.

Do you look at benching Gabbert?

Frazod
11-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Thank God I missed this piece of shit. Oh well. We'll finish with 9 or 10 wins and go to our usual shitty bowl game. At least we beat Oklahoma.

:shake:

KCinNY
11-06-2010, 09:37 PM
P.S. I hate Mizzou's goddamn gay-ass shotgun spread playbook.

GloryDayz
11-06-2010, 09:38 PM
I have a question MU folks. Is time to look at replacing Pinkel?

Yes..

Spott
The only sliver of light to take from this game is that Gabbert is playing so poorly that there is no way that he will declare this season.

I almost wish he would as long as he doesn't end up on the Chiefs.

kstater
Looks like Mizzou and KSU will be playing for 2nd place in the North next week. Here's a hint for Coach Pinkel. The Cats are gonna run the ball a few tims.

LiveSteam
11-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Looks like Mizzou and KSU will be playing for 2nd place in the North next week.
:-)

GloryDayz
Yeah I saw that... looked like Gabbert quit tonight. It is time to replace him with Franklin.

We all know GP just won't do it, he far too self-impressed...

Sweet Daddy Hate
FML Bowl FTW.

GloryDayz
11-06-2010, 09:41 PM
P.S. I hate Mizzou's goddamn gay-ass shotgun spread playbook.

Well, if they could ever get BG to actually take off, then it migth work just a little better, but when the D can know that he won't (and he won't anymore), then it's time to stop playing like he will. Like i said, if he's playing with 5 broken ribs, that's one thing, but I don't think he is..

KCinNY
11-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Wow....a bid to the Poulan Weed-eater Bowl!!!!! Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArrowheadHawk
11-06-2010, 09:44 PM
7-2 and you guys want to fire the coach. I would love to be 7-2.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow....a bid to the Poulan Weed-eater Bowl!!!!! Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLROFLROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-06-2010, 09:46 PM

In all fairness, we've never been THAT crazy about most of his shit outside of recruiting anyway.

LiveSteam
11-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Gill will get it turned around at Kansas . Hes a winner

Three7s
11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Pinkel has no guts at all and his half-time adjustments consist of having tea parties in the locker room. Both MU lines got dominated in the 2nd half. It wouldn't have mattered because Gabbert's accuracy was almost Jamarcus Russel like.

DeezNutz
11-06-2010, 09:51 PM
As I've said before, Gary Pinkel is about the best that a program like Mizzou can hope to have. It should be a consistent top-25 team, and, for the most part, Pinkel has delivered this.

Mizzou isn't Alabama, and it never will be.

GloryDayz
11-06-2010, 09:54 PM

Seriously, after the KU game today, and the way MU has played (and been coached) for the last few weeks, I think KU should e VERY confident...

petegz28
11-06-2010, 10:03 PM
pathetic showing tonight by MU

Al Bundy
11-06-2010, 10:04 PM
As I've said before, Gary Pinkel is about the best that a program like Mizzou can hope to have. It should be a consistent top-25 team, and, for the most part, Pinkel has delivered this.

Mizzou isn't Alabama, and it never will be.

So you think MU has no business ever being in a national championship chase?

Reerun_KC
11-06-2010, 10:12 PM

They were serious contenders 2 weeks ago. I am completely shocked that they just packed it in like this. Guess OU was their superbowl?

luv
11-06-2010, 10:19 PM
They were serious contenders 2 weeks ago. I am completely shocked that they just packed it in like this. Guess OU was their superbowl?

:rolleyes:

Al Bundy
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Who the hell knows, Gabbert looked like he quit tonight.

Reerun_KC
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
:rolleyes:

Why roll your eyes? How could you not be pissed right now? They went from #6 in the bcs with a chance to advance to an after thought in 2 weeks. I would be doing more then just rolling eyes.

DeezNutz
11-06-2010, 10:28 PM

Not what I've ever said.

Always top-25. Occasionally, threaten to do even more. And Pinkel has accomplished this.

Bugeater
11-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Why roll your eyes? How could you not be pissed right now? They went from #6 in the bcs with a chance to advance to an after thought in 2 weeks. I would be doing more then just rolling eyes.
That's the nature of college football. Shit happens that you just can't explain sometimes.

luv
11-06-2010, 10:36 PM

I'm rolling my eyes at you. Who was your Super Bowl this year?

Three7s
11-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm rolling my eyes at you. Who was your Super Bowl this year?
Why pick a fight with a KU fan? I'm sure every sane KU fan knows their football team is god awful. I don't think OU was MU's super bowl. A&M proved that OU is overrated.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Im pretty pissed we lost tonight, more so than Nebraska. 14-0 quickly and Gabbert looked like dogshit

Sure-Oz
11-06-2010, 11:38 PM

We fucked up at Nebraska, but we shouldve finished 11-1, losing tonight is inexcusable. Nebraska gets the credit though, they beat our ass early and it as a high climb

alanm
11-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Why pick a fight with a KU fan? I'm sure every sane KU fan knows their football team is god awful. I don't think OU was MU's super bowl. A&M proved that OU is overrated.I don't think any team is over or under rated in the Big 12 with the exceptions of Kansas and Colorado this year. Not one team has shown consistency from week to week.
Texas I have no explanation for. Other than Rivals and Scout must of been dead f*cking wrong about all those 5 stars they signed the past few years. :shake:

Bowser
11-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Wow, whoa, what?

LiveSteam
11-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Texas I have no explanation for. Other than Rivals and Scout must of been dead f*cking wrong about all those 5 stars they signed the past few years. :shake:[/QUOTE]

Texas not going to a bowl game is SO HARD TO BELIEVE LOL

sportsman1
11-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Resident Texas Tech fan checking in. Just got back from partying. Haha great time in Lubbock. Sorry Tigers.. had a great start and I expected y'all to kick our ass. Not in the cards tonight. Got me a wounder warrior Tech jersey.. things are sweet. Worked for some TTU mojo today!

Titty Meat
11-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Sorry for the loss Mizzou fans I was cheering for you guys. I think Deez is right about Pinkel and the program at the same time I think Mizzou could be something if they had a coach that was willing to run the ball and i'm not talking about this spread 5 guys send one in motion shit. Mizzou's run game is very predictable anytime they are going to run the ball they send the guy in motion.

Phobia
11-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Question from a non-fan who watched...

How is it Gabbert or Pinkel's fault?

Mizzou needs some receivers who can catch the ball when it hits them in the hands. They need a coach who can teach a receiver to go to the ball and block the defender out with his body. They need a coach who can teach a receiver to put his hands up at the last minute so he doesn't telegraph the arrival of the ball to the DB.

If just one of those 4th quarter drops had been caught, this might have been a "W" instead of an "L". Your receivers suck.

Titty Meat
11-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Is it true Sheldon Richardson committed to USC?

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Why pick a fight with a KU fan? I'm sure every sane KU fan knows their football team is god awful. I don't think OU was MU's super bowl. A&M proved that OU is overrated.

I said OU was over rated and would probably finish 3rd in the South, but Mizzu fans kept insisiting this was the game that certitifed them as a national power. The truth is the Big 12 is down and about 7-8 teams are all about on the same level, with such as this weekend having homefield makes a difference.

Al Bundy
11-07-2010, 08:00 AM

Mizzou needs some receivers who can catch the ball when it hits them in the hands. They need a coach who can teach a receiver to go to the ball and block the defender out with his body. They need a coach who can teach a receiver to put his hands up at the last minute so he doesn't telegraph the arrival of the ball to the DB.

If just one of those 4th quarter drops had been caught, this might have been a "W" instead of an "L". Your receivers suck.

Not an MU fan here, but Pinkel refused to run and there were 2 time in the drive that would have tied it up that Gabbert had a wide open lane to run and get a 1st down and instead he threw it away both times. I got the feeling that once a drop or 2 happened Gabbert quit on the team.

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 09:02 AM

I'll submit that some of the passes were able to be touched, but not in a very "football" way. BG has a serious accuracy problem, and expecting 80% of the catches to be made in highlight reel fashion is a bit much to ask. And it goes without saying that GP is pretty predictable when he calls for an option, and the D can key on the runner b/c BG seems almost unwilling to carry the ball. Example, during that last series, when BG should have been aware that they were in 4-down terratory, why didn't he take off? Perhaps he might not get the 1st down, but I'd submit that they'd be looking at 4th and short vs. 4th and long. And when you know your arm is letting you down, you should rely on your feet, he did/would not. That's my dig on BG, he wouldn't adjust.

Then, while I'm not saying a two-QB system works very often, a person in GP's position needs to more open to the idea of swapping things up when his QB is struggling like this. I liken it to a pitcher at some level, they'll never willingly come off the field, so the manager has to go ask for the ball and go to the bull pen. One bad throw and you don't need to yank him. But BG hasn't thrown many "good" balls recently so you seriously need to give the next guy a chance. Give BG a chance to heal, the other guy a chance to prove himself, and remind/show both, and all the players actually, that the best players will play. If how BG is playing is still better than his backup, well that says little about the backup. And all of this I lay on GP's lap, he's got to learn how to not wait until the season is gone before he swaps things up. And within a game, make the call for a different look and feel. If he did that last nigth, at best it was shades a gray different than the first half. If he doesn't have more than one look coached into these guys, well, it's back to throwing him under the bus. But a QB with a different set of skills would be a very different look.

CoMoChief
11-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Just got done reading a book.

"Shitting the god damn bed"

by: Gary Pinkel

kepp
11-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Geez...what else can be said? Jumped out on top quick and then almost completely abandon the outside running. Then the playcalling was desperate and amateur. Not to mention Gabbert's complete lack of touch on his downfield passsing. Ugh.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
11-07-2010, 10:16 AM
WTF? I still don't believe it.

Pablo
11-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Just got done reading a book.

"Shitting the god damn bed"

by: Gary PinkelLMAO

This is why people love you, CoMo.

Priest31kc
11-07-2010, 10:27 AM
This was one of the worst losses I've seen under Pinkel. Had a chance to do something special this year even w/ losing to Nebraska, and we totally shit the bed. 10-2 would still be great, 10 wins is what you strive for, but like I said last night, this season is still gunna leave a bad taste in the mouth because of what could have been. Now we'll get some mediocre bowl game even w/ 10 wins. And these next 3 are definitely not guaranteed after what I saw last night....

CoMoChief
11-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Geez...what else can be said? Jumped out on top quick and then almost completely abandon the outside running. Then the playcalling was desperate and amateur. Not to mention Gabbert's complete lack of touch on his downfield passsing. Ugh.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gabbert is very inaccurate.....has been ever since HS

Has a hand cannon as an arm, but he's wild.

notorious
11-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Gabbert is very inaccurate.....has been ever since HS

Has a hand cannon as an arm, but he's wild.

Derek Anderson Part Deux.