PDA

View Full Version : Life Daylight Savings Time

Chiefs Rool
11-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Don't forget to set your clock back an hour tonight.

Fall back baby!

KChiefs1
11-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Extra hour of sleep!!!!!!

Baconeater
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Just like the penny, it's another fucking stupid outdated concept that should've be done away with decades ago.

alpha_omega
11-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Back in the day it used to be an extra hour of partying, but now it's all about the sleep

Thanks for the reminder.

kysirsoze
11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Extra hour of booze and cocaine as I gear up to watch the Chiefs rape the holy living fuck out of the Raiders tomorrow!!!!!!

FYP

MoreLemonPledge
11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Extra hour of work for us grave-shifters. Sigh...

-King-
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Holy shit! Thanks for telling me. I have a lot of shit planned tomorrow. I would have been an hr late to every one of them. ROFL Holy shit.

Wait....or would I have been an hr early?

Gonzo
11-06-2010, 09:02 PM

God, I remember going through that when I was a security officer pulling the midnight to noon at a hospital in wichita. When that clock rolled back an hour I almost chewed a bullet.
I feel for you, man.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
11-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok, now I'm totally fucked. Does the iPhone automatically roll back the time? Cause I don't want to roll it back and have it roll back again automatically at 2.

Gonzo
11-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Ok, now I'm totally fucked. Does the iPhone automatically roll back the time? Cause I don't want to roll it back and have it roll back again automatically at 2.

I believe most phones auto-correct.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Every clock I have will set itself.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Extra hour of work for us grave-shifters. Sigh...That sucks. I have never worked a job where I was working during a time change.

Fish
11-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Well... the iPhone will adjust to DST just fine. But if you have any repeating alarms created, you'll have to recreate them after Monday. There's a glitch in the current iOS that will cause any alarms to be an hour late...

http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/06/the-iphone-daylight-savings-time-alarm-bug-and-how-to-fix-it/

Chiefs Rool
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM

ouch! i guess you look forward to spring forward then

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Just like the penny, it's another fucking stupid outdated concept that should've be done away with decades ago.Yeah, I have no idea why it cant just stay DST permanently.

Psyko Tek
11-06-2010, 09:28 PM
in az we do , but the time change screws up all my live events and cable shows
game is what time in KC ?
3 right? that makes 2 here
I donot wanna miss the start of this one
I am thinking onside kick from todd and the big balls

milkman
11-06-2010, 10:49 PM
God, I remember going through that when I was a security officer pulling the midnight to noon at a hospital in wichita. When that clock rolled back an hour I almost chewed a bullet.
I feel for you, man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Let me guess.

Your relief never forgot the time change this time of year, but when spring rolled around, and the time change mean't he lost an hour, he always forgot.

shakesthecat
11-06-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYtzdQGpfQ

WebGem
11-06-2010, 11:08 PM
in az we do , but the time change screws up all my live events and cable shows
game is what time in KC ?
3 right? that makes 2 here
I donot wanna miss the start of this one
I am thinking onside kick from todd and the big balls

Yo man. I saw you're from Mesa. Do you ever go to Sluggo's? I used to go there every week that I didn't leave AZ to head to the game live. I loved that place, haven't been since '06 when I was home from college for a holiday.

cdcox
11-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I have no idea why it cant just stay DST permanently.

The last week, it has been dark at my house at 7:30 AM. I hate getting out of bed when it is dark out. So I'm ready for the change.

morphius
11-07-2010, 12:05 AM
The last week, it has been dark at my house at 7:30 AM. I hate getting out of bed when it is dark out. So I'm ready for the change.
I'd rather it be dark when I get up over getting home from work when it is dark.

Gonzo
11-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Let me guess.

Your relief never forgot the time change this time of year, but when spring rolled around, and the time change mean't he lost an hour, he always forgot.
LMAO

Exactly...
Posted via Mobile Device

JOhn
11-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Whooo Hoooo

I get to work a 9 hour graveyard shift tonight :grr:

mlyonsd
11-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Every clock I have will set itself.

Heh. I was up doing maintenance work during the time change and noticed my cell phone didn't switch.

I turned it off and back on and the time was correct then. A while later I looked at my phone and it had changed again, moving an hour forward. I thought that was odd so I did the whole thing again. Did the same thing. It's still an hour off right now.

Wonder how that stuff works?

milkman
11-07-2010, 05:56 AM

I'd rather it be dark when I get up over getting home from work when it is dark.

You guys would hate my job this time of year.

It's dark in the morning when I go to work.
It's dark at the end of the day when I get off.

J Diddy
11-07-2010, 06:17 AM
You guys would hate my job this time of year.

It's dark in the morning when I go to work.
It's dark at the end of the day when I get off.

sounds like my job for 1/3 of the pay