PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Predict the Penalties/Turnovers

Hog Farmer
11-07-2010, 07:53 AM
This have a major affect on the outcome today with sloppy conditions.

Raiders 12 penalties 3 turnovers

Chiefs 5 penalties 2 turnovers

Bane
11-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Convicts 13 penalties for 80 yards,and 4 turnovers.
KC 4 penalties for 35 yards,and 1 turnover.

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:56 AM
The Chiefs, if I heard right, have only turned the ball over 4 times this season.

So why would you think they are suddenly going to turn it over twice in one game?

SenselessChiefsFan
11-07-2010, 08:00 AM
The Chiefs, if I heard right, have only turned the ball over 4 times this season.

So why would you think they are suddenly going to turn it over twice in one game?

Personally, I think Jamaal Charles and rainy/sloppy conditions equals two turnovers.

I think the sloppy conditions, a Raider lead, and Matt Cassel could add another two turnovers.

I can realistically see the Chiefs equaling their giveaway total for the season so far, today.

milkman
11-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Personally, I think Jamaal Charles and rainy/sloppy conditions equals two turnovers.

I think the sloppy conditions, a Raider lead, and Matt Cassel could add another two turnovers.

I can realistically see the Chiefs equaling their giveaway total for the season so far, today.

How many times did Charles, and the Chiefs, turn the ball over in sloppy conditions against San Diego?

Bane
11-07-2010, 08:04 AM
How many times did Charles, and the Chiefs, turn the ball over in sloppy conditions against San Diego?

BING BING BING!

SenselessChiefsFan
11-07-2010, 08:09 AM

The biggest thing here is that the Chiefs had a two score lead from early on and were playing in the rain at home. They didn't feel like the Chargers could close the gap. So, they played ultra conservative.

Assuming that the Chiefs don't get up by 14 points early, they will most likely not play that conservatively.

And, if they are behind, look for Charles to struggle for those extra yards.

Hey, I could be all wrong.... and I HOPE I am. I hope the Chiefs go in and pound the ball, win going away and the Chiefs put a strangle hold on the division. I am just very concerned about turning the ball over in these conditions.

milkman
11-07-2010, 08:15 AM
The biggest thing here is that the Chiefs had a two score lead from early on and were playing in the rain at home. They didn't feel like the Chargers could close the gap. So, they played ultra conservative.

Assuming that the Chiefs don't get up by 14 points early, they will most likely not play that conservatively.

And, if they are behind, look for Charles to struggle for those extra yards.

Hey, I could be all wrong.... and I HOPE I am. I hope the Chiefs go in and pound the ball, win going away and the Chiefs put a strangle hold on the division. I am just very concerned about turning the ball over in these conditions.

I get that weather can be a factor in turnovers, but in watching, I'm seeing improved ball security from Charles just in the last three games.

I think among the the things that Jones has helped Charles with, that is one of them.

I think this game is going to be a pound the rock affair.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-07-2010, 08:24 AM
I get that weather can be a factor in turnovers, but in watching, I'm seeing improved ball security from Charles just in the last three games.

I think among the the things that Jones has helped Charles with, that is one of them.

I think this game is going to be a pound the rock affair.

Ideally, this is a pound the rock game for the Chiefs. If they get behind, I worry. Not so much about interceptions, but about Cassel getting blindsided and fumbling the ball.

To me, this game can be had by either team, and I don't see either team making a comeback of any magnitude.

milkman
11-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Ideally, this is a pound the rock game for the Chiefs. If they get behind, I worry. Not so much about interceptions, but about Cassel getting blindsided and fumbling the ball.

To me, this game can be had by either team, and I don't see either team making a comeback of any magnitude.

The weather favors the Chiefs, IMO, because they are the best run team in the league going against a poor run D, while the Raiders won't have the advantage of attacking our (perceived) weakness in pass defense.

Hog Farmer
11-07-2010, 08:36 AM

#1) Sloppy/wet conditions

#2) Cassel Sucks

cdcox
11-07-2010, 09:00 AM
First hour of the game is supposed to be relatively dry. Start fast!

milkman
11-07-2010, 09:04 AM
First hour of the game is supposed to be relatively dry. Start fast!

I'm about 200 miles south of Oakland, and while it hasn't been raining this morning, it did rain yesterday and last night.

FAX
11-07-2010, 09:27 AM

As much as Haley might want to emphasize this issue, these things tend to even out over time. One of Charles' fumbles, for example, was a great hit - hat on ball - it wasn't carelessness.

Plus, the emotions will be high and the weather crappy for this game. It wouldn't surprise me if we fumble a couple of times. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Cassel threw a pick or two ... he's been lucky in that department.

FAX

petegz28
11-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Chiefs will get called for at least 2 phantom PI calls and 2 ticky-tack holding calls

milkman
11-07-2010, 09:32 AM
As much as Haley might want to emphasize this issue, these things tend to even out over time. One of Charles' fumbles, for example, was a great hit - hat on ball - it wasn't carelessness.

Plus, the emotions will be high and the weather crappy for this game. It wouldn't surprise me if we fumble a couple of times. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Cassel threw a pick or two ... he's been lucky in that department.

FAX

Even out?

Nah.

Even the best teams when it comes to ball secutity do turn the ball over occassionally, but luck doesn't really play a part in it, that mich.

Teams that do the best job of ball security are well coached teams that minimize those mistakes.

Teams that turn the ball over are poorly coached teams that lack discipline.

Hog Farmer
11-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I can just see Cassel getting sacked and fumbling

Twice

Pawnmower
11-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Raiders 2 turnovers
Chiefs 0 turnovers

------

Raiders 10 penalties
Chiefs 6 penalties

Hog Farmer