PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Warren Sapp - Raiders linebackers don't play gaps

B_Ambuehl
11-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Which is why Charles should run all over them on cutbacks and misdirection. Sapp was just on NFL network talking about the Raiders D. He said when he was there the linebackers were never coached gap responsibility they just wing things. He said he verified this week with some players that it's still the case.

It's well known among NFL people that Al Davis still designs the defensive gameplan for each opponent. He is pretty good at finding defensive personnel but still sticks to some outdated concepts.

TheGuardian
11-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Their backers have always sucked. Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, whoever else they have had have always been shit.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2010, 10:42 AM
We got this.

As long as Cassel doesn't fuck it up, because they CAN rush the passer.

cabletech94
11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
power running fb at it's best, with a splash of moe and bo to keep 'em honest.

irishjayhawk
11-07-2010, 10:50 AM
We got this.

As long as Cassel doesn't fuck it up, because they CAN rush the passer.

Yes.

However, I hope we come out passing because I think everyone in their mothers uncle thinks we'll run, run, run.

Dayze
11-07-2010, 11:12 AM
^ no.
Cassel scares the bejesus out of me; the less times the ball is in his hands, the better.

KCUnited
11-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I don't know about coming out passing, but they will likely be playing a zone in their secondary if Nnamdi 'Your check is waiting email scam' Asomugha is out. Cassel is going to have to make a few plays today.

Rausch
11-07-2010, 11:18 AM
They must play something because they don't give up much of $3it after they steal an early lead...

Bane
11-07-2010, 11:20 AM
^ no.
Cassel scares the bejesus out of me; the less times the ball is in his hands, the better.

That's been the plan all along /Weis