PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Javier Arenas

Silock
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Is it just me, or does he look a lot slower than he did on opening night?

It's like he knows exactly where to go, but he's too slow to hit the hole.

ChiefsrGood
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
agreed. even though sd has terrible special teams he seems slower

Silock
11-07-2010, 03:27 PM
LOL... whoops.

KChiefs1
11-07-2010, 03:27 PM
wut?

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, dude be slow.

jAZ
This thread is awesome.

Silock
If he can do that again, I'd love to continue making an ass out of myself.

Count Zarth
11-07-2010, 03:29 PM
He's not slow, he just doesn't have blazing speed. He runs a 4.5.

You don't need great speed to be a good punt returner. Quickness and acceleration is enough.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 04:16 PM
He's a vision returner. He does a very good job seeing the field, especially on punts. That means nothing if you're coverage unit isn't doing their job.

QuikSsurfer
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
LOL... whoops.

lol

Smed1065
11-07-2010, 05:04 PM
lol

:evil:

Silock
11-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Let's try this again: Is it just me, or does Javier Arenas look slower than usual?

Silock
11-07-2010, 05:09 PM
YES!

Silock
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Fucking penalties.

Chocolate Hog
11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
This guy is ass cheeks its great they drafted a guy in the 2nd round who can get the ball to the 25.

Chiefspants
11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
This guy is ass cheeks its great they drafted a guy in the 2nd round who can get the ball to the 25.

Meh, he's been nails in pass coverage.

Priest31kc
11-07-2010, 06:53 PM
He's a vision returner. He does a very good job seeing the field, especially on punts. That means nothing if you're coverage unit isn't doing their job.

THIS. Maybe if we would block somebody...

Chocolate Hog
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
THIS. Maybe if we would block somebody...

The edge has been there plenty of times he doesn't have the speed to get around it like say Brandon Banks.

Contrarian
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Now Arenas sucks? Whatever!
What I see is the rest of the squad not blocking but looking back toward him.
Thus him running up the chest of Studebaker.

B_Ambuehl
11-07-2010, 10:38 PM
He does look slower but mostly because San Diego's coverage units at the time were by far the slowest the NFL has seen in probably 10 years. They brought in 4 or 5 new guys but at the time 8 or 9 of their coverage players would be hard pressed to run a 5 flat.

Hell, they gave up 2 TDs to Leon Washington the following week and he didn't have anyone within 35 yards of him by the time he got to the end zone.

Johnny Vegas
11-21-2010, 08:47 PM
He hit that hole fast for a siiiizzzaaaack! sha sha sha shaaackaa!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gl6Q505aO9I/S9omuVoLKdI/AAAAAAAAAXo/M5-E-oNMhhU/s1600/shocker-2-760961.jpg

CoMoChief
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Can't wait to get DMC back......god damn does this offense miss him.

And the possibility of getting Fitzgerald.....my god.

Charles
Fitzgerald
Bowe
McCluster
Moeaki

All of those players out on the field at the same time. If and I mean IF Cassel improves a lot between now and next year.....jesus watch out for KC next year man.

cdcox
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Arenas better get ready to start at corner with Flowers having a hammy.

DA_T_84
11-21-2010, 10:40 PM
The edge has been there plenty of times he doesn't have the speed to get around it like say Brandon Banks.

Well, look at who is jerking off to a wildcat, ladies and gentleman!

chiefzilla1501
11-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Arenas better get ready to start at corner with Flowers having a hammy.

God, I hope not for long. I think Arenas might be too short to handle corner, but think he's played really well so far this season in the nickel. Thank god the Chiefs probably won't have to worry too much about Brandon Marshall next week.

philfree
11-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Arenas lead the team in tackles, had a sack, 1 pd and 2 qb hits today.

I think he's doing o.k. for a rookie.

PhilFree:arrow:

tmax63
11-22-2010, 06:12 AM
Starting at the 25 beats starting at the 18. And he's had some important defensive stops this year. He's earned his keep so far. In fact, the entire rookie class has been a amazing group so far. If someone does the research I'd bet they end up leading all rookie classes in starts/minutes played etc for the Chiefs and damn did they need it going into this year.

beach tribe
11-22-2010, 06:20 AM

And will be the starter apposite Flowers pretty soon.

mcaj22
11-22-2010, 06:32 AM
it's a shame we drafted these two guys in the second round that have literally been useless for us. A guy that's been on the shelf for the last 4 weeks and another guy that needs all world talent blocking special teams to even make it to the 40.

we could have drafted a 4 down player in the 2nd round that could really have helped us. I.e. Nate Allen.

TheGuardian
11-22-2010, 06:36 AM
it's a shame we drafted these two guys in the second round that have literally been useless for us. A guy that's been on the shelf for the last 4 weeks and another guy that needs all world talent blocking special teams to even make it to the 40.

we could have drafted a 4 down player in the 2nd round that could really have helped us. I.e. Nate Allen.

You = dumbass

mcaj22
11-22-2010, 06:40 AM
You = dumbass

they are good role players, I'm just saying it's clear neither guy is a 4 down player and have not shown they can be. I'd give them all the credit in the world if either of them have shown it, but you cannot deny they are both under performing for where they were picked at.

I'm just saying there guys in the 2nd round that also could have helped us were we have major holes at on our team so far this season.

Besides Berry, the perspective is Tony Moeaki, Kendrick Lewis and Jon Asomoah have shown they can handle a full load more than the two 2nd rounders.

The draft was solid and is helping us in a major way. I just think how other guys are panning out so far from the 2nd round we could have done a little better.

TheGuardian
11-22-2010, 06:49 AM
they are good role players, I'm just saying it's clear neither guy is a 4 down player and have not shown they can be. I'd give them all the credit in the world if either of them have shown it, but you cannot deny they are both under performing for where they were picked at.

Actually Arenas has been one of the best rookie corners in the NFL this season, if not THE best.

Before Dex got hurt, he was making plays every time he touched the football. So no, you're wrong.

I'm just saying there guys in the 2nd round that also could have helped us were we have major holes at on our team so far this season.

Besides Berry, the perspective is Tony Moeaki, Kendrick Lewis and Jon Asomoah have shown they can handle a full load more than the two 2nd rounders.

The draft was solid and is helping us in a major way. I just think how other guys are panning out so far from the 2nd round we could have done a little better.

I think you and others are forgetting that in the Oakland game Arenas ran one back that got called back because of a ghost penalty too.

Dex and Arenas have actually been fantastic so far. Arenas could end up our starting corner opposite of Flowers next season. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

JASONSAUTO
11-22-2010, 06:52 AM

whatever. you are a dumbass

mcaj22
11-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Actually Arenas has been one of the best rookie corners in the NFL this season, if not THE best.

Before Dex got hurt, he was making plays every time he touched the football. So no, you're wrong.

I think you and others are forgetting that in the Oakland game Arenas ran one back that got called back because of a ghost penalty too.

Dex and Arenas have actually been fantastic so far. Arenas could end up our starting corner opposite of Flowers next season. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Didn't Arenas also fumble in the Raiders game that proved costly? I'm not talking playing skill, I think Areans and McCluster are fine players, they just haven't been 4 down players, and they were picked very high in our draft for that.

I was simply pointing out that Kendrick Lewis and Tony Moeaki when they have played games, have been in every play on their respective side of the ball. They don't just come in and out on special down packages. They play. When someone gets hurt, Asomoah comes in and plays every down and is the heir to throne so to speak. These guys have shown by far the most value at where they were picked. Eric Berry is Eric Berry, and these guys are absolute steals.

Areanas and McCluster have been good, but have they been 2nd round picks good? I get that you could say they are only rookies and need to time to develop, but this isn't a Tyson Jackson like position, these guys are playing skill positions and are they having an impact like the Mike Williams, Jacoby Fords, Nate Allen type rookies?

I also find it hard to believe Arenas ever beats our Brandon Carr for a starting CB spot. Unless they let Carr walk, which I really doubt. This thread was about Arenas "looking slow" on returns, so then the same could be said in coverage potentially. I don't think there's a chance he ever unseats Carr as long as Carr is a Chief.