PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I Do Not Understand Why Weiss Decided To Make Us A "Passing Team This Game

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
This is the most ignorantly called game I have seen in some time. I think Weiss, overall, has done a great job, but this was an abomination of a game plan.

Otter
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
If you go to Box Score on Yahoo it gives you the stats. Please check that before posting.

Sincerely,
ChiefsPLanet

dj56dt58
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
they think they will expect our strength so we go to our weakness..yeah dumb

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
We can't run for shit asshole.

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Why in the world are you chucking the ball downfield on 3rd and 1 and 4th and one. Sorry, sometimes there are times you have to go to your strength and quit outsmarting yourself.

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 06:37 PM

Listen, asshole, late in the game and down one isn't the time to start doubting youself. Why 30 yards downfield? I'm sorry, its stupid.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 06:56 PM
No problem with the gameplan. A lot of problem with the dumbasses who keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Swanman
11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
We can't run for shit giving the ball to TJ between the tackles asshole.

A bit wordy, but FYP.

crazychiefsfan
11-07-2010, 07:04 PM
ummmm because they stoped us on the run :rolleyes:

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 07:06 PM

Really, we stopped the pass in the first half, why didn't the Raiders give up on that like we did the run?

Chieftain58
11-07-2010, 07:08 PM

agree

Swanman
11-07-2010, 07:09 PM
ummmm because they stopped Thomas Jones :rolleyes:

FYP too. Thomas Larry Jones-Johnson averaged less than 2 ypc, Charles averaged over 5 ypc.

jjjayb
11-07-2010, 07:09 PM

No, they stopped TJ on the run. Charles still picks up 5.3 yards per carry and only got 10 carries. Insanity. And I don't want to here the "they're worried about charles fumbling" bs. TJ fumbled the ball today to go along with his 1.6 yards per carry.

KC kid
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
We were a passing team cause the o line got owned.

RustShack
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I think it was the defense that blew the game. That and Matt Cassels INT before halftime.

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I think it was the defense that blew the game. That and Matt Cassels INT before halftime.

This game was lost because Charlie Weis kept feeding the ball to Jones when Charles was clearly the better option, and because Bowe drops a pass that could have iced the game.

Cassel made enough plays to win today.

LoneWolf
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM

Watch that play again. The ball was intended for Bowe. If Moeaki doesn't jump up and get a hand on the ball, Bowe scores a TD (if he catches the ball). Cassel was not the problem today.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
The Chiefs suck in short yardage situation. In the first half alone there were three different 3rd and 1 situations where they didn't get a yard.

Silock
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
This game was lost because Charlie Weis kept feeding the ball to Jones when Charles was clearly the better option, and because Bowe drops a pass that could have iced the game.

Agreed.

Coach
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM

Not ranting AT you, FWIW, just about the game/situation. The whole fucking football team blew it today. So many fucking opportunities that just was fucking wasted.

That fucking interception before halftime. Then letting the goddamn Goons out of their fucking prison cell by taking the kickoff for a TD, along with Arena's fumble on the next series. Then our fucking punter can't punt worth a shit.

Why is it fucking hard for Dustin to understand that it's not illegal to corner coffin the fucking punt?

And I never understood why our coaching staff is trying their damnest to try to make Matt Cassel become a fucking hero every fucking time. The Chiefs sure as hell didn't help themselves by committing fucking penalties nearly evey fucking series. And worst of all, that drop by Bowe. That killed us.

And it sure doesn't help the CP Members that the server is having major issues, which we thought it was resolved not too long ago when the server had a upgrade.....

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Except for that stupid pass at the end of the half. Both in that play and third down in OT we had a player coming wide open over the middle and Cassel never saw either. One would have ensured us a short field goal attempt, the other would have given us a new set of downs. I'm sorry, Cassel is a game manager and the coaches tried to make him a game decider. On the road in an important divisional game. It was a bad coaching move.

Chiefnj2
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Except for that stupid pass at the end of the half. Both in that play and third down in OT we had a player coming wide open over the middle and Cassel never saw either. One would have ensured us a short field goal attempt, the other would have given us a new set of downs. I'm sorry, Cassel is a game manager and the coaches tried to make him a game decider. On the road in an important divisional game. It was a bad coaching move.

If you are talking about the INT in the endzone, it looked like Bowe was the intended receiver and Bowe was wide open. If Moeaki doesn't jump it, it's a TD - or dropped pass.

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
If you are talking about the INT in the endzone, it looked like Bowe was the intended receiver and Bowe was wide open. If Moeaki doesn't jump it, it's a TD - or dropped pass.

That's not what was stupid about it. There were two defenders in that area, your job is to not turn the ball over and make sure you get points. The safe play was coming over the middle. Instead, he threw it into a mass of four bodies creating confusion on our side and opportunity on theirs.

RJ
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM

That INT hurt bad.

keg in kc
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
I do not understand why people put an extra 's' on the end of Weis.

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:38 PM

You guys may be right.

I thought the ball was intended for Moeaki and that Bowe ran the wrong route, which would not have brought his defender into the area to make that interception on that tipped ball.

Either way, that interception was not Cassel's fault.

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Seems like it belongs. "Weis" is such a short name for such a large man.

Baconeater
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I Do Not Understand Why You Capitalized Every Word In Your Thread Title.

googlegoogle
11-07-2010, 07:43 PM
You have to run especially short yardage.

The OT was a complete CLUSTER FUC*

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I do not understand why people put an extra 's' on the end of Weis.

It's Gollum disease.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2010, 07:46 PM
You guys may be right.

I thought the ball was intended for Moeaki and that Bowe ran the wrong route, which would not have brought his defender into the area to make that interception on that tipped ball.

Either way, that interception was not Cassel's fault.

Yea, that would be a nice question for Haley at the presser...im unsure who was the intended target on that play.

bobbything
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
There was a series, in the 3rd quarter, where we effectively ran the ball to about the 40. Then, inexplicably, we passed our way into a punt.

I don't want to rag on Cassel too much here, because, in spite of everything that went down all game, and as ineffective has many aspects of it were, he put the ball right where you wanted Bowe to catch it to ice the game.

And FU*KING Bowe drops it.

And don't even get me started on that rookie LT holding Hali on every fu*king pass rush.

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I Do Not Understand Why You Capitalized Every Word In Your Thread Title.

Habit?

Baconeater
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Habit?
So You Normally Type Like That?

HolyHandgernade
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
So You Normally Type Like That?

When I use something as a "header" I do.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2010, 08:34 PM

From what I saw, I guess I'd have to agree. Bowe droping that last conversion pass was crucial. Man, our WR Corps needs H-E-L-P.

Still, watching a retard like Campbell just out-QB the living piss out of Cassel didn't set very well with me to be honest.

milkman
11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
From what I saw, I guess I'd have to agree. Bowe droping that last conversion pass was crucial. Man, our WR Corps needs H-E-L-P.

Still, watching a retard like Campbell just out-QB the living piss out of Cassel didn't set very well with me to be honest.

Did Campbell really outplay Cassel today?

His receivers outplayed the Chiefs receivers.

Cassel made some Cassel passes, as did campbell, but when it was all said and done, Campell's recievers made huge plays.

Cassel's didn't.

Coach
11-07-2010, 08:45 PM

Cassel made some Cassel passes, as did campbell, but when it was all said and done, Campell's recievers made huge plays.

Cassel's didn't.

The thing is though, Campbell's deep passes were at least better accurate, if I may say it that way, than Cassel's. But, I guess that's just my POV (point of view)

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Cassel's didn't.

The thing is though, Campbell's deep passes were at least better accurate, if I may say it that way, than Cassel's. But, I guess that's just my POV (point of view)

Somewhere in the middle, then?

milkman
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM

The only thing is, this debate isn't about the deep ball v. the short passes.

Cassel's recievers didn't make plays on his passes, regardless of distance.

Campbell's did.

Coach
11-07-2010, 08:55 PM
The only thing is, this debate isn't about the deep ball v. the short passes.

Cassel's recievers didn't make plays on his passes, regardless of distance.

Campbell's did.

Oh no question. The Bowe drop comes into question. But outside of the Bowe drop, the QB HAS to get the ball to his receivers, at least on a consistent basis, and it looked like to me that Campbell did a better job on that department than Cassel did.

Of course, it's frusterating to see him keep doing the checkdowns/3 yard pass attempts, and when the Chiefs have to get a first down on a 3rd down situation, he miss it badly. Weis' playcalling isn't exactly helping matters as well.

bigdaddychieffan
11-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I just don't see how we keep passing on the short down and distances. Weis really sucks as a play caller in my opinion. He doesn't seem to notice in the flow of the game when it is obvious that we should run. I can't count how many times we have thrown the ball on 3rd and one and it just stifles our offensive flow...can't get into one cause we are punting after an incomplete pass. We gain too many yards on first down to have as many 3 and outs as we do. I blame that on poor play calling.

Chiefshrink
11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
This game is over at halftime or at least one helluva hill to climb for Oakland in the 2nd half if we score TD's in the redzone and convert on 3rd down in the first half. But we allowed our opponent to stay in the game. Lack of fully capitalizing more often than not will defeat you more often than not. Hopefully this loss will send a sense of urgency that hurts in the right way. F'N SCORE AND F"N CATCH THE BALL!!!!

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
The Chiefs running game was struggling for most of the game, including on several failed 3rd and 1 conversion attempts.

Other than the crazy end of the first half strategy to totally abandon the run (leading to the Cassel INT in the end-zone), I don't fault Weis for coming out throwing to try to loosen up the Raiders defense.

Chiefshrink
11-07-2010, 11:11 PM
The Chiefs running game was struggling for most of the game, including on several failed 3rd and 1 conversion attempts.

Other than the crazy end of the first half strategy to totally abandon the run (leading to the Cassel INT in the end-zone), I don't fault Weis for coming out throwing to try to loosen up the Raiders defense.

I get what you are saying but Charles wasn't struggling. He had lanes all game. He just didn't get the ball enough. Weis went "gun shy" on the run way too early i.e. to Charles and fell into the trap of Asomaugh is not playing so I am going to blow them up that way. Well, when you don't have any bombs(WRs) to blow up the 2ndary it is kind of hard to do any damage.

Chief Henry
11-08-2010, 08:58 AM
And don't even get me started on that rookie LT holding Hali on every fu*king pass rush.

Hali was eating that rookies azz and the refs turned a blindeye to that the intire game.

Mr. Kotter
11-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Eh...because the Raiders run defense was doing a pretty dang good job? :shrug:

HC_Chief
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM

Correction: Thomas Jones was struggling; Jamaal Charles averaged 5.3 on his ten (TEN!?) carries.

The playcalling was horrific. This is a running team, yet the coaching braintrust called more pass plays. JC was gouging the faid, so we kept feeding TJ. Total brainfreeze in the booth and on the sidelines (obvious; KC had 12 penalties for 100 yds, and completely whiffed on the opening kickoff to start the second half).

ChiTown
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Eh...because the Raiders run defense was doing a pretty dang good job? :shrug:

JC was doing well running the ball. Unless he was hurt, there was ABSOLUTELY no reason not to get him more touches.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Watch that play again. The ball was intended for Bowe. If Moeaki doesn't jump up and get a hand on the ball, Bowe scores a TD (if he catches the ball). Cassel was not the problem today.If you're not a part of the solution, then you are a part of the problem.

Fish
11-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I just don't see how we keep passing on the short down and distances. Weis really sucks as a play caller in my opinion. He doesn't seem to notice in the flow of the game when it is obvious that we should run. I can't count how many times we have thrown the ball on 3rd and one and it just stifles our offensive flow...can't get into one cause we are punting after an incomplete pass. We gain too many yards on first down to have as many 3 and outs as we do. I blame that on poor play calling.

Obvious we should run? So you would like us to be totally predictable in our playcalling? Cause if we just run the ball every time on 3rd and short like you're asking, I'm pretty sure defenses would pick up on that trend.

Just because a pass on 3rd and short didn't work, that doesn't mean that a run would have worked. It's not that simple.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
because they put 12 guys in the box

MahiMike
11-08-2010, 11:11 AM
That excuse for a field is why. Our RBs couldn't get the traction they needed. In those situations, it's better to pass. That's why some unknown for Raiders beat our pro bowl CB.

HolyHandgernade
11-08-2010, 01:03 PM

But why a 30 yard out route by the TE on 3rd and 1? I mean the coach has got to realize the deep ball isn't his forte, right?

googlegoogle
11-08-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.redundancycom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/fat-guy-on-scooter.jpg

Chiefnj2
11-08-2010, 02:02 PM
But why a 30 yard out route by the TE on 3rd and 1? I mean the coach has got to realize the deep ball isn't his forte, right?

But it's so simple. All you have to do is divine from what you know of Weis: is he the sort of man who would run the ball, or go long? Now, a clever man would run for the first down, because he would know that only a great fool would go long with Cassel. Weis is not a great fool, so he can clearly not choose the long pass. But Weis must have known that Cable was not a great fool, he would have counted on it, so he can clearly not choose the short yardage run.

Fish
11-08-2010, 02:03 PM

People complained up and down the last few years saying we were totally predictable in our playcalling. That the defense always knew we were going to do and loaded the box on 3rd down and we ran up the center's ass.

Now we're actually trying to stretch the field and catch them off guard and keep them honest. And with that, everyone is clamoring for us to always run it on 3rd and short.

Everyone knows the strength of our team is running the ball. But yet we haven't been able to just jam it down the opposition's throat on 3rd and short whether they know it's coming or not. Until we can execute that despite the predictability of it, the coaches are going to have to be balanced in their attack. Right now, defenses know Cassel struggles with stretching the field. So they challenge him to do so and crash the line. Which is why our short yardage plays get blown up so often. We have to at least try to keep them honest.

LiL stumppy
11-08-2010, 02:06 PM

you are such a dumb p.o.s.

he had 1 decent throw, the TD to bowe. He is freaking awful...AW-FUL.

You are a dipshit if you think othe wise.. I am so tired of watching him over throw every body, and have dipshits on here say he didn't cost us the game because he didn't throw an INT. THATS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT LOSES GAMES.

Jesus. Christ

alpha_omega
11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
The whole fucking football team blew it today. ...

This.

Could we move on to preparing for the next game please?

Fish
11-08-2010, 02:09 PM
you are such a dumb p.o.s.

he had 1 decent throw, the TD to bowe. He is freaking awful...AW-FUL.

You are a dipshit if you think othe wise.. I am so tired of watching him over throw every body, and have dipshits on here say he didn't cost us the game because he didn't throw an INT. THATS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT LOSES GAMES.

Jesus. Christ

He had more than one decent throw. Cassel deserves more credit than that. And that TD throw was fucking pretty all around.

I don't like Cassel. And he could have done better. But he was far from the deciding factor in this game.

There's lots of blame to spread around for this loss.

asdf
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
But it's so simple. All you have to do is divine from what you know of Weis: is he the sort of man who would run the ball, or go long? Now, a clever man would run for the first down, because he would know that only a great fool would go long with Cassel. Weis is not a great fool, so he can clearly not choose the long pass. But Weis must have known that Cable was not a great fool, he would have counted on it, so he can clearly not choose the short yardage run.

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect... :)