PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brandon Flowers does not deserve the credit he has gotten

kcchiefsus
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
He isn't in the same conversation as Revis, Asomugha, etc. Go ahead and blast away, but he got owned this game.

Pestilence
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Go fucking kill yourself.

Fritz88
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
He's a great corner. But he got burned and owned like a little bitch today.

Reaper16
Yes, he does. Everyone gets burned sometimes. It happens.

Blick
He just got beat by a guy with elite speed. Ford can burn anybody.

LaChapelle
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Ford didn't look like he had control of that ball Flowers almost picked
but he ate Flower's lunch all day

Jim Jones
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Easy to say that after the game dipshit. Go play in traffic.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
I love hindesight loser cocksuckers like this.

He had a bad game today and he all of a sudden doesn't deserve credit.

Honestly, don't post ever again.

tk13
11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
I think the field conditions had a lot to do with it. People were slipping all over the field. The WR has the advantage.

Of course, our WR's didn't take advantage of it at all.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Shut the fuck up, dipshit.

It's not his greatest game. But one game does not a career make. I chalk this up to some really big league catches by Ford.

TheGuardian
11-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Nnamdi got torched by Malcolm Floyd a few weeks ago. Every corner gets beat. Flowers lost some battles today. He's still elite.

dj56dt58
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
he had the fucking ball in his god damn hands, elite corners dont drop that

KCrockaholic
11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
This is the exact description of "knee-jerk reaction".

TheGuardian
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
he had the ****ing ball in his god damn hands, elite corners dont drop that

Lots of elite corner drop balls you fucking idiot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Shit on this stupid thread.

suds79
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Over reaction.

He's still a great young CB.

He just got beat several times today by a guy with elite speed. Something Brandon doesn't have.

Ford did run the fastest 40 at the combine this last year.

I'd bet there are not more than 3 or so CBs in the league who are as fast as Ford.

How about giving the guy some safety help.

Douche Baggins
11-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Kill yourself.

Mizzou_8541
11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I think the field conditions had a lot to do with it. People were slipping all over the field. The WR has the advantage.

Of course, our WR's didn't take advantage of it at all.

Bowe did. His hands did not.

banyon
11-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Flowers is great and ascending, but his performance today probably slid him from All-Pro to just Pro Bowl as far as recognition goes, IMHO.

GoChiefsTinyPenis
11-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Nnamdi > Flowers

Contrarian
11-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I thought hew had a hell of a game.
He got torched a couple of times but nothing awful. As far as the last play he had no help over the top, we were blitzing ourt safety.

TheGuardian
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Nnamdi > Flowers

Uh no.

Buehler445
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Dude. You can't win them all. He still made several plays. He got burned on a couple frustrating plays. He's still probably our best player on defense. He is most certainly not the "reason" we lost.

R@ID3R4LIF3
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Uh no.

You cant possibly be that dumb to think that Flowers is better than Nnamdi. Inbreeding cant possibly have made you that retarded.

Bane
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Shit on this stupid thread.

:eek:

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2010, 07:48 PM
:eek:

ROFL

Bane
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
ROFL

I mean JFC!! Do they not remember Snoop burning Woodson for the TD in Oak back in the day?GDFSOB!!!All CB's get burned here and there.:doh!:

BossChief
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
You know what one of the knocks on Jacoby Fords was?

That he only runs deep routes.

Like the ones that helped beat us today over and over when they matched him up against our best corner that HIS biggest knock predraft was his lacking deep speed.

Its a shame that we couldn't get Flowers some safety help after the first deep ball.

I posted this in another thread and thought it would fit here as well.

Can any of you haters point to another game where Flowers got beat like he did today?

Ill be waiting.

BossChief
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Champ Bailey was one of the best corners in the NFL for a few years and Kennison used to eat his lunch for him damn near every time they matched up.

It happens.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I mean JFC!! Do they not remember Snoop burning Woodson for the TD in Oak back in the day?GDFSOB!!!All CB's get burned here and there.:doh!:

Thing is, I fully expect that this day will NOT set well with Brandon, and that he WILL work harder to get even better.
And that's good enough for me.

KCrockaholic
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Champ Bailey was one of the best corners in the NFL for a few years and Kennison used to eat his lunch for him damn near every time they matched up.

It happens.

The fact is, Flowers weakness is speed. But there aren't very many guys in the NFL that run in the 4.2 range. Anybody 4.35 and slower will be contained by Flowers easily.

BossChief
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Jacoby Ford ran a 4.28 at the scouting combine

Brandon Flowers ran a 4.58

It should have been obvious that he would need SOME help on the deeper routes.

luv
11-07-2010, 08:05 PM
He isn't in the same conversation as Revis, Asomugha, etc. Go ahead and blast away, but he got owned this game.

And?

Champ
11-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Like I was telling you Chief fans all week, Brandon Flowers is good but he is simply not physically talented enough to be a top cornerback.

He is short, and slow. Those are two things that you don't EVER want from a starting corner. I predicted that it would be Darius Heyward Bey that would expose Flowers, but I was wrong....instead it was by a fourth round rookie, Jacoby Ford. Brandon Flowers got beat like a top corner should never get beaten. Ford snatched the ball away from him, ran crisp comeback routes, and then at the end, simply burned him with his speed. Brandon Flowers didn't know what hit him.

Brandon Flowers yesteday gave up more yards than Nnamdi did entire 2008 season. He's good, but he is not anywhere Nnamdi's level and I hope you will see that.

the Talking Can
11-08-2010, 06:43 AM
flowers got beat on a great play...shit happens

dude has made so many game changing plays this year....

Champ
11-08-2010, 06:45 AM
The fact is, Flowers weakness is speed. But there aren't very many guys in the NFL that run in the 4.2 range. Anybody 4.35 and slower will be contained by Flowers easily.

Thank you for admitting that.

Like I said, he's good. But he has a clear weakness.

Luckily for the Raiders, all of our receivers run 4.3's or better. So get used to Flowers getting burnt like that every time he plays the Raiders for the next decade.

the Talking Can
11-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Like I was telling you Chief fans all week, Brandon Flowers is good but he is simply not physically talented enough to be a top cornerback.

He is short, and slow. Those are two things that you don't EVER want from a starting corner. I predicted that it would be Darius Heyward Bey that would expose Flowers, but I was wrong....instead it was by a fourth round rookie, Jacoby Ford. Brandon Flowers got beat like a top corner should never get beaten. Ford snatched the ball away from him, ran crisp comeback routes, and then at the end, simply burned him with his speed. Brandon Flowers didn't know what hit him.

Brandon Flowers yesteday gave up more yards than Nnamdi did entire 2008 season. He's good, but he is not anywhere Nnamdi's level and I hope you will see that.

go play with your feces....and top CBs get beaten all the time, actually...Kennison used to regularly stick his fist up Champ Bailey's ass...and Nnamdi had got his shit punched in at arrowhead....

it happens, but fanboys like you started watching the nfl 3 days ago...

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 06:47 AM

This is championship again.

First off, Ford didn't run "crisp" routes he just ran go routes. Second, top corners get beat all the time. Nnamdi got beat like a dirty fucking rug by Floyrd, a guy that Flowers shut down easily. So go eat a bag of Peter North dicks you faggot.

Champ
11-08-2010, 06:48 AM
go play with your feces....and top CBs get beaten all the time, actually...Kennison used to regularly stick his fist up Champ Bailey's ass...and Nnamdi had got his shit punched in at arrowhead....

it happens, but fanboys like you started watching the nfl 3 days ago...

Nnamdi has NEVER got beat like Flowers did today. Never.

Flowers gave up more yards today than Nnamdi did all of 2008.

Champ
11-08-2010, 06:52 AM
This is championship again.

First off, Ford didn't run "crisp" routes he just ran go routes. Second, top corners get beat all the time. Nnamdi got beat like a dirty ****ing rug by Floyrd, a guy that Flowers shut down easily. So go eat a bag of Peter North dicks you pillowbiter.

Did you not see the comeback routes the Ford ran in the 3rd quarter? Those were crisp routes. And no, Nnamdi didn't get beaten badly by Floyd. He allowed like 3 catches to Floyd.

Nnamdi has only given up 80 yards this entire season. Flowers probably gave up DOUBLE that yesterday.

It doesn't matter, though what you say. I know I was right. The results prove it. :D

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Did you not see the comeback routes the Ford ran in the 3rd quarter? Those were crisp routes. And no, Nnamdi didn't get beaten badly by Floyd. He allowed like 3 catches to Floyd.

Nnamdi has only given up 80 yards this entire season. Flowers probably gave up DOUBLE that yesterday.

It doesn't matter, though what you say. I know I was right. The results prove it. :D

No one needed to throw at Nnamdi when the rest of the entire secondary can't cover anyone.

Champ
11-08-2010, 06:56 AM
No one needed to throw at Nnamdi when the rest of the entire secondary can't cover anyone.

Again, that simply isn't true. Stanford Rout has been excellent this season. According to ProFootballFocus, you know the website that you used for Flowers, Routt has only allowed 37.5 percent of passes completed against him, which was the lowest in the league.

Routt has been excellent, teams just don't choose to throw at Nnamdi because he is so good.

doomy3
11-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I think Flowers is one of the top CBs in the league.

That said, this is the third game he has been beaten deep late in the game, in a key moment.

Houston with Andre Johnson.

Buffalo with Lee Evans.

Oakland with Jacoby Jones.

That is at least a bit alarming, especially given when he is getting beat deep.

Bambi
11-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I said Flowers was overrated weeks ago after the Texans game.

I got blasted for it. Oh well.

He's still a good player but people need to chill. He's not pro-bowl

vailpass
11-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Who ever said Flowers was as good as Revis or Namdi? Or are you just referring to some posters on this board?

Chiefnj2
11-08-2010, 09:02 AM

That said, this is the third game he has been beaten deep late in the game, in a key moment.

Buffalo with Lee Evans.

He needs some safety help.
He isn't a burner. I'm pretty sure he fell to the 2nd round because of speed issues.

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Who ever said Flowers was as good as Revis or Namdi? Or are you just referring to some posters on this board?

Dude, look at the threads prior to the game. Chief fans, NAMElY THE GUARDIAN, were claiming that Flowers was the best corner in the game.

doomy3
11-08-2010, 09:05 AM
He needs some safety help.
He isn't a burner. I'm pretty sure he fell to the 2nd round because of speed issues.

I agree with you that he needs safety help. But, I think that probably backs the OP then.

And FWIW, I'm not sure what safety help is going to do, since Eric Berry can't even keep up with a fucking fullback in Marcel Reece.

Molitoth
11-08-2010, 09:06 AM
CB's are going to lose the 1 vs 1 battle every once in awhile.

Nnamdi will lose it too.

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM

Buffalo with Lee Evans.

:clap:

And actually, it was Roscoe Parrish that beat Flowers late in the Buffalo game, not Lee Evans, which makes it even worse.

I said all week that Flowers is really good, but he has his physical limitations. He's not fast, and can get beat deep. Receivers with speed with forever give him fits.

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:08 AM
CB's are going to lose the 1 vs 1 battle every once in awhile.

Nnamdi will lose it too.

The Raiders leave their cornerbacks one on one all game long every single game. Nnamdi never gets beat like that.

DBOSHO
11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
The Raiders leave their cornerbacks one on one all game long every single game. Nnamdi never gets beat like that.

Like what?

He was 1 step behind a player who ran a 4.2 at the combine.

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Like what?

He was 1 step behind a player who ran a 4.2 at the combine.

Ford ran right past Flowers with ease. It looked like Flowers didnt even touch him until after he caught the ball.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Dude, look at the threads prior to the game. Chief fans, NAMElY THE GUARDIAN, were claiming that Flowers was the best corner in the game.

Because every stat site out there has had Flowers as their top corner this season all season dumbass.

Not Revis, not Nnamdi. Nnamdi got taken to the woodshed by Malcolm bygod Floyd. Deal with it.

Priest31kc
11-08-2010, 09:17 AM
ONE not so great game from a guy who's been the best CB in the game this season, and these types of threads happen.....smh.

DBOSHO
11-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Ford ran right past Flowers with ease. It looked like Flowers didnt even touch him until after he caught the ball.

Like i said, he was 1 step behind one of the fastest players in the nfl.

The only corners i can think of who could run with that dude would be cromartie and rogers-cromartie.

royr17
11-08-2010, 09:20 AM
He just got beat by a guy with elite speed. Ford can burn anybody.

He got burnt by a guy was 4.28 speed, so what do you expect. A corner can only hold down a receiver for so long, that is why its absolutely necessary to have a good pass rush to get the quarterback or even the best corners in the league are goin to get used and abused. Enough said.

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Because every stat site out there has had Flowers as their top corner this season all season dumbass.

Not Revis, not Nnamdi. Nnamdi got taken to the woodshed by Malcolm bygod Floyd. Deal with it.

Well your stats were wrong.

Nnamdi stats this year

5 catches allowed
20 Targets
80 Pass yards allowed.
0 Touchdown passes allowed.

All this while following around the opposing teams number one receiver, which FLOWERS DOESNT do.

I know for a FACT that Flower's stats weren''t better than that before the game yesterday. And with the game he had yesterday, his stats are nowhere near Nnamdi's, and not even Revis'.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Well your stats were wrong.

Nnamdi stats this year

5 catches allowed
20 Targets
80 Pass yards allowed.
0 Touchdown passes allowed.

All this while following around the opposing teams number one receiver, which FLOWERS DOESNT do.

I know for a FACT that Flower's stats weren''t better than that before the game yesterday. And with the game he had yesterday, his stats are nowhere near Nnamdi's, and not even Revis'.

Link? Because I can make stats up on the fly too.

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Like i said, he was 1 step behind one of the fastest players in the nfl.

The only corners i can think of who could run with that dude would be cromartie and rogers-cromartie.

You are supposed to press receivers like Ford, who are short and rely only on speed. Jam him at the line of scrimmage, and be physical with him. But flowers didn't do that. Instead Flowers was so scared of Ford's speed that he gave Ford a ten yard cushion, and he still got BURNT.

That is simply unacceptable for a supposed top corner.

royr17
11-08-2010, 09:36 AM
You are supposed to press receivers like Ford, who are short and rely only on speed. Jam him at the line of scrimmage, and be physical with him. But flowers didn't do that. Instead Flowers was so scared of Ford's speed that he gave Ford a ten yard cushion, and he still got BURNT.

That is simply unacceptable for a supposed top corner.

Get off the board troll, I would much rather Flowers try to play containment with someone that has speed instead of trying to knock him off of his route and than get beat deep for the touchdown. Sometimes trying to knock a receiver off his route dont work out right and it turns and slaps the corner in its face. Point blank Flowers just had a bad game yesterday just like every elite corner in this league will have sometime or another.

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Get off the board troll, I would much rather Flowers try to play containment with someone that has speed instead of trying to knock him off of his route and than get beat deep for the touchdown. Sometimes trying to knock a receiver off his route dont work out right and it turns and slaps the corner in its face. Point blank Flowers just had a bad game yesterday just like every elite corner in this league will have sometime or another.

Im a troll just because I say that Flowers isn't elite? Okay bro, whatever you say. :thumb:

Bottom line is this: Flowers isn't fast. He will forever struggle with guys with speed and that will keep him from ever being elite, like Nnamdi Asomugha and Darrelle Revis are.

Accept it and move on.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Im a troll just because I say that Flowers isn't elite? Okay bro, whatever you say. :thumb:

Bottom line is this: Flowers isn't fast. He will forever struggle with guys with speed and that will keep him from ever being elite, like Nnamdi Asomugha and Darrelle Revis are.

Accept it and move on.

Link?

Pablo
11-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Fade troll is just mad because it took Nnamdi damn near six years to be mentioned as elite and Flowers is getting credit at the start of his third season. It's OK. If Flowers isn't elite right now, he's got three more seasons to get on your boy's level then, huh?

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Link?

This website wont let me post links, kid.

Champ
11-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Fade troll is just mad because it took Nnamdi damn near six years to be mentioned as elite and Flowers is getting credit at the start of his third season. It's OK. If Flowers isn't elite right now, he's got three more seasons to get on your boy's level then, huh?

Problem is that Flowers has reached his full potential right now. He's not going to get any faster, bigger, or taller. He will always struggle with speed receivers.

Nnamdi was always a freak athletically. 6'2, 4.4, long arms. Those are elite physical skills.

Pablo
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM

Accept it and move on.According to nfldraftscout.com Flowers was much faster in his 10 yard and 20 yard times. Nnamdi only has good top end speed. That's it. He has to be physical at the line because otherwise he'd get blown off the LOS.

Stud:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=11706&draftyear=2008&genpos=CB

Dud:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=59397&draftyear=2003&genpos=CB

Pablo
11-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Problem is that Flowers has reached his full potential right now. He's not going to get any faster, bigger, or taller. He will always struggle with speed receivers.

Nnamdi was always a freak athletically. 6'2, 4.4. Those are elite physical skills.4.45; get it right. That's not elite. 4.3 speeds are elite. 80% of the CB's in the NFL run in the 4.4's. Including Flowers.

doomy3
11-08-2010, 09:56 AM
According to nfldraftscout.com Flowers was much faster in his 10 yard and 20 yard times. Nnamdi only has good top end speed. That's it. He has to be physical at the line because otherwise he'd get blown off the LOS.

Stud:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=11706&draftyear=2008&genpos=CB

Dud:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=59397&draftyear=2003&genpos=CB

Yeah, but that top end speed has cost Flowers, and the Chiefs, at the end of three games this year.

And, FWIW, I think Champ is right and Flowers should have been playing physical with Ford instead of giving him a cushion.

Pablo
11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I know Raiders fans and the organization are obsessed with measurables. That's why you shit for brains drafted BustMarcus.

Flowers is twice as smart as Nnamdi right now in 1/3 the playing time. It's between the ears. Flowers just has 'it'.

Champ
11-08-2010, 10:02 AM
4.45; get it right. That's not elite. 4.3 speeds are elite. 80% of the CB's in the NFL run in the 4.4's. Including Flowers.

4.4 is great for a guy like Nnamdi, who is nearly 6'3 210 pounds. It's bad for a guy like Flowers, who is 5'9.

MahiMike
11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I blame it on that lousy field. Guys were slipping all over.

Champ
11-08-2010, 10:05 AM
And, FWIW, I think Champ is right and Flowers should have been playing physical with Ford instead of giving him a cushion.

Yeah, look at that last play again. Flowers was a good 10 yards off of Ford. He gave him all the cusion in the world, and yet Ford still accelerated right past him.

He should've played him press man to man. Jam him at the line of scrimmage, and attempt to knock Ford off of his route. One thing with the Raiders WRs is that they are all straight line speed guys.

Pablo
11-08-2010, 10:07 AM
I blame it on that lousy field. Guys were slipping all over.It was pretty awful. I can't wait for the rematch on frozen Arrowhead turf.

I know Oakland doesn't sell enough tickets to employ a full time grounds crew and your piece of shit stadium is below sea level and all; but that whole stadium is garbage. Just a giant turd.

Not to say that's why Flowers got beat. I'm just commenting that the field was a total shit-hole.

Chiefnj2
11-08-2010, 10:08 AM
They shouldn't have punted in OT.

royr17
11-08-2010, 10:34 AM

Accept it and move on.

I know Flowers isnt fast. There is no denying it. But he is a great cornerback that just had a bad game yesterday. Period. Yes Darrelle Revin is Elite, but Nnamdi Asomugha is a good corner.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 10:36 AM
This website wont let me post links, kid.

Send it in a private message.

Pawnmower
11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Send it in a private message.

or post a few more trollish messages, then he will be able to

Wallcrawler
11-08-2010, 01:27 PM
On a guy that fast, there should always be safety help. Thats a breakdown on Crenell's part, or on the part of Flowers for not bringing it to his attention.

I know the guy is good, but Ford was a sprinter. 4.2 40 yard dash time. At this point you have to know your abilities and recognize you cant run with this guy one on one.

Ford shouldve been played press, with Flowers mugging his ass within the first 5 yards, and then running with him, into help over the top from Mcgraw or Berry.

Playing off the line and letting this guy get a free release and get his top speed going is just begging him to burn you.

A Lot of times sprinters dont equate out to good football players. But Ford has the hands, and the ability to make some big plays to compliment that speed.

Flowers is a great corner, he just didnt ask for help when he shouldve when Romeo called a scheme that matched him up man to man.

Molitoth
11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
He should've played him press man to man. Jam him at the line of scrimmage, and attempt to knock Ford off of his route. One thing with the Raiders WRs is that they are all straight line speed guys.

Trust me, I was raging at Crennel all game for the stupid cover 2 bullshit allowing the Raiders a 12 yard pad. It was just effing rediculas.
This does not fall on Flowers, he is a great corner. This falls on the scheme the Chiefs decided to play.

Blick
11-08-2010, 02:57 PM
The problem with giving Flowers safety help is Carr needs safety help too.

KC Tattoo
11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
JHC. Our defense played a pretty solid game yesterday and Flowers is an elite CB. Our offense could have, should have put up points when had the opportunity. Flowers is a stud football player & is still young and developing. Your not going to win every battle but he gets the job done most part. He sure helped with the run defense and makes tackles.

doomy3
11-08-2010, 03:36 PM
The problem with giving Flowers safety help is Carr needs safety help too.

And Berry really needs safety help too. Oh shit.

BossChief
11-08-2010, 03:51 PM
For whatever the reason was, Romeo trusted Flowers to cover Speedy man to man and he blitzed the shit out of Berry.

99% sure that Berry was rushing the passer when Ford made that grab in OT.

KC Tattoo
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't single out any one player in this game. I hate Cassel & such but this was a team loss & would have been a team victory if we won. We had our chances to win. Reffs missed a couple facemask penalties on the Raiders but Im sure they missed some stuff on us too.

:cuss: I HATE THE GOT DAMN RAIDERS!! Next time we sharpen our hatchets and go for blood, scalping them to a pulp.

Blick
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
And Berry really needs safety help too. Oh shit.

Couldn't see the route on TV, but I think it was a double move that got Berry. I don't think Reese just flat out ran by him.

Champ
11-08-2010, 04:01 PM
For whatever the reason was, Romeo trusted Flowers to cover Speedy man to man and he blitzed the shit out of Berry.

99% sure that Berry was rushing the passer when Ford made that grab in OT.

If you are a top CB, your DC should be able to trust you at all times and leave you one on one with any receiver, ESPECIALLY if that guy is a rookie receiver.

Romeo Crennel trusted Flowers to win a matchup with a rookie, and yet Flowers just couldn't do it. He needed help....

Btw, Chief fans did you see Darrelle Revis yesterday? The Jets left him one on one with Calvin Johnson yesterday and he shut down him. The Raiders left Nnamdi Asomugha one on one with Larry Fitzgerald, and he shut him down.

That's what the top corners in this game are supposed to do. Flowers isn't one, and probably will never get to that level because of his physical limitations.

Champ
11-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Couldn't see the route on TV, but I think it was a double move that got Berry. I don't think Reese just flat out ran by him.

Marcel Reece runs a 4.42.

It was pretty clear that Reece just flat out burned Berry.

Extra Point
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
If you aren't looking back at the QB after 15 yards, then, up in the air, then, well.

thurman merman
11-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Revis has never ever been burned by anybody. Never. Impossible. Elite corners shall never give up receptions.

Sure-Oz
11-08-2010, 10:46 PM

WTF are you on

thurman merman
11-08-2010, 10:53 PM
If you are a top CB, your DC should be able to trust you at all times and leave you one on one with any receiver, ESPECIALLY if that guy is a rookie receiver.

Romeo Crennel trusted Flowers to win a matchup with a rookie, and yet Flowers just couldn't do it. He needed help....

Btw, Chief fans did you see Darrelle Revis yesterday? The Jets left him one on one with Calvin Johnson yesterday and he shut down him. The Raiders left Nnamdi Asomugha one on one with Larry Fitzgerald, and he shut him down.

That's what the top corners in this game are supposed to do. Flowers isn't one, and probably will never get to that level because of his physical limitations.

This is literally the first bad game Brandon Flowers has had in his whole career. He had allowed like 100 yards all year before this game. You clearly know absolutely nothing about football if you don't think Flowers is one of the top corners in the game.

Champ
11-08-2010, 10:58 PM
This is literally the first bad game Brandon Flowers has had in his whole career. He had allowed like 100 yards all year before this game. You clearly know absolutely nothing about football if you don't think Flowers is one of the top corners in the game.

Well he allowed at least a buck 150 alone yesterday, which brings his total to something around 300.

That's good, but not elite.

You want elite? Watch Nnamdi. Watch Revis from last year. You want good? Watch Brandon Flowers. Watch Champ Bailey.

Sure-Oz
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Brandon Flowers sucks, im so glad he's the 94th highest paid corner in the league

BossChief
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Well he allowed at least a buck 150 alone yesterday, which brings his total to something around 300.

You want elite? Watch Nnamdi. Watch Revis from last year. You want good? Watch Brandon Flowers. Watch Champ Bailey.You faider fans make KnowMo look like fucking einstein

BTW, how does asamughas dick cheese taste?

JFC

crazycoffey
11-08-2010, 11:18 PM

yeah come on - he's been playing long enough to be better than this ONE game!!!! :dammit:

You want elite? Watch Nnamdi. Watch Revis from last year. You want good? Watch Brandon Flowers. Watch Champ Bailey.

by the way, he's in his third year and ASCENDING!!! fuck off, post again and I'll red card you, I don't care what you say in your post!@!!

BossChief
11-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I hate to play the what ifs, bit i wonder if those plays happen if Kendrick Lewis plays or if Berry isnt sent on a bunch of blitzes late in the game...

xztop12
11-09-2010, 12:49 AM
i dont think hes very fast and that dictates why they play so much off-coverage. I remember the Browns playing a lot of press when Romeo coached there

Reaper16
11-09-2010, 07:13 AM
by the way, he's in his third year and ASCENDING!!! fuck off, post again and I'll red card you, I don't care what you say in your post!@!!
Don't do that. That's an abuse of the infraction system.

This Champ cat is way better than the average troll. He actually has pretty legit football takes. I hope he sticks around.

Lbedrock1
11-09-2010, 09:23 AM

you have to understand that db is the hardest position to play next to QB. It is even more complicated to play man to man because when you are not anticipating correctly you are either chasing or getting burned. All pro corners get burned it is what they do after that which determines there status.