PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The play that was reviewed and the play that wasn't...

petegz28
11-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Oakland throws an unquestionable completion for 11 yards and a 1st down. Out of timouts and I believe with 30 secs left the spike it.

BUT WAIT!!! The booth wants to review. Enter more time for the Raiders to get their crap together during the review of a play that never should have been reviewed. It was an unquestionable catch.

Next play...

Oakland throws the ball over the middle, Flowers almost picks it off, if goes through his hands and the Raiders receiver gets his hands on it but bobbles it all the way to the ground. This time however there is not a review from the booth. Oakland is allowed to spike the ball, Janikowski comes out and ties the game.

In a game where the Refs were bound and determined to throw a flag, every other play and pull booth reviews out of their ass they were noticeably absent on that bobbled catch.

A few plays prior Washington was called for a hold that people are still looking for to extend the Oakland drive.

I will give the Ref crew credit however, they did manage to call holding against Hali all of 1 time this game.

we should have won. Bowe catches the ball and it's all over. Nonetheless we were holding them at the end of regulation and enter the Refs.

DeezNutz
11-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Really? While I agree that it should have been reviewed, this goes on the players, first and foremost.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2010, 06:23 PM
the refs did that to us early in the year too

siberian khatru
Really? While I agree that it should have been reviewed, this goes on the players, first and foremost.

Absolutely. But that was a puzzling, and critical, non-review.

Bugeater
Those are both legitimate gripes, but the bottom line is we had plenty of opportunities to make it to where the game wouldn't have been close enough for the officials to determine the outcome.

petegz28
11-07-2010, 06:24 PM

Oh I agree. We had chances to stop them. Despite the every-down holding against Hali, the missed face mask on Charles, the phantom holding on Washington and the above non-reviewed play. We still could have and should have won this fucking game.

Shag
11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
The refs were terrible. The call on Berry on the Arenas return was total BS.

That being said, it shouldn't have mattered - the Chiefs had every opportunity to put the game away early, and blew it. The offense on this team is pathetic, led by the QB.

Rain Man
11-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't know how Triplett is still a referee in this league. He had no control over this game at all. When Verran Tucker recovered that fumble, he had to wrestle two Raiders for an entire three rounds before Triplett would do anything about it. And the blown down and distance? Really? High school refs can get that right.

That said, our team completely choked away a sure win several times. This game had a dozen weird events that consistently blew up on us. I still don't know how Flowers missed that interception at the end of regulation.

lawrenceRaider
How about "fumble" called on Nick Miller that gave the Chiefs the chance for the go ahead score when the Raiders D had been stoning your offense the entire second half?

This was a piss poor officiated game, but they screwed both teams pretty badly, and tried to screw us both more times than they succeeded.

lawrenceRaider
How about "fumble" called on Nick Miller that gave the Chiefs the chance for the go ahead score when the Raiders D had been stoning your offense the entire second half?

This was a piss poor officiated game, but they screwed both teams pretty badly, and tried to screw us both more times than they succeeded.

RaiderJave
11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Penalties (Number-Yards) Oakland 15 - 140

Jesus, are you seriously suggesting the refs didn't call the game fair? Your kidding right?

cdcox
11-07-2010, 06:29 PM
With that punt fumble, no way we can bitch about the officiating.

It was horrible, and they blew calls on both sides of the ball, but we probably benefited more than Oakland did.

WilliamTheIrish
Totally on the players.

1) Holding. Holding. Holding. Holding. Holding.

1a) Cassel. I'd go in depth, but why? Oh what the hell...

2) You DO NOT throw a paper airplane into the middle of the field on 3rd down late in the 1st half to Mo, when Bowe is breaking clear 4 yards behind him. The ball could get tipped, or maybe picked off, effectively killing a chance to go 13-0 as the half expires.

3) You do not vacate YOUR FUCKING LANE on kickoff.

4) Weiss - I hope your f'ing gall bladder get infected you fat fuck.

5) Bowe. What can you say? Just make the f'ing catch.

The refs had very little to do with how stupidly the Chiefs played today.

TheGuardian
The Raiders D didn't stone anything. The rain stopped and Charles and Jones started finding lanes again, just like McFadden has his only good run of the game after the rain stopped.

Rain Man

You mean the fumble recovery where Triplett wouldn't call it for several minutes while our guy had to fight two sissy Raiders who combined couldn't get it away from him? That one?

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Penalties (Number-Yards) Oakland 15 - 140

Jesus, are you seriously suggesting the refs didn't call the game fair? Your kidding right?

It's Pete. It his MO.

headsnap
11-07-2010, 06:32 PM

this post has nothing to do with the OP...

siberian khatru
11-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Jesus, are you seriously suggesting the refs didn't call the game fair?

No, they fucked up the entire game like a monkey in the late stages of AIDS-induced dementia humping a dead porcupine.

petegz28
11-07-2010, 06:34 PM

Well here is my take on this. That is on Coach Cable for blowing his challenges. The play was very, very close and I think he had a good chance to win that challenge had he not wasted them.

Now, the plays I am talking about sat soley with the booth. Neither coach could have challenged the non-reviewed play even if they had wanted too.

lawrenceRaider
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
You mean the fumble recovery where Triplett wouldn't call it for several minutes while our guy had to fight two sissy Raiders who combined couldn't get it away from him? That one?

There was no damn fumble. If the bumbling refs hadn't hosed up so many calls early in the game, the Raiders could have challenged it and it would have been over turned.

lawrenceRaider
11-07-2010, 06:37 PM
No, they ****ed up the entire game like a monkey in the late stages of AIDS-induced dementia humping a dead porcupine.

Yes, but they nearly equally hosed everyone.

They should all be FIRED after that display of complete incompetency.

sel1965
11-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Yes there was a fumble, the refs said so.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM

Maybe because he was bobbling the ball as he went to the ground.

I don't get all the confusion about the play. The guy lost the ball.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Totally on the players.

1) Holding. Holding. Holding. Holding. Holding.

1a) Cassel. I'd go in depth, but why? Oh what the hell...

2) You DO NOT throw a paper airplane into the middle of the field on 3rd down late in the 1st half to Mo, when Bowe is breaking clear 4 yards behind him. The ball could get tipped, or maybe picked off, effectively killing a chance to go 13-0 as the half expires.

3) You do not vacate YOUR ****ING LANE on kickoff.

4) Weiss - I hope your f'ing gall bladder get infected you fat ****.

5) Bowe. What can you say? Just make the f'ing catch.

Agreed.

Cassel shoulders this too. Piss poor end of the half play for the INT. Piss poor throw on third down. I mean fucking really to Pope?

God, being stuck with this shitbag makes me sick.

scho63
11-07-2010, 07:16 PM
You summed up things with one statement-Bowe drops another important game changing pass. He catches the ball, 1st down and probably game is over

DeezNutz
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
The Raiders D didn't stone anything. The rain stopped and Charles and Jones started finding lanes again, just like McFadden has his only good run of the game after the rain stopped.

Again? Charles was running well all day. He simply wasn't used enough.

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
I hate all NFL officials. They're all a bunch of egotistical premadonnas, and I hope when they have a national convention to split the annual booty and laugh about all the games they fixed, a 747 drops on them. They are all bad people and should all die in a fire!

TheGuardian
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM

Charles was bottled up pretty early when the rain made it tough for everyone.

But yes in the second half when the ran stopped he never got enough touches. He was breaking off 6-12 yards everytime he touched the ball then.

I don't understand the play calling sometimes. ESp the 3rd down play calling.

KCrockaholic
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I hate all NFL officials. They're all a bunch of egotistical premadonnas, and I hope when they have a national convention to split the annual booty and laugh about all the games they fixed, a 747 drops on them. They are all bad people and should all die in a fire!

I agree.

2bikemike
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Totally on the players.

2) You DO NOT throw a paper airplane into the middle of the field on 3rd down late in the 1st half to Mo, when Bowe is breaking clear 4 yards behind him. The ball could get tipped, or maybe picked off, effectively killing a chance to go 13-0 as the half expires..

You know I thought that ball was intended for Bowe. I think Moeaki thought it was for him and he caused the Int. IMHO. I would have to look at it again but it sure looked to me like if Moeaki wouldn't of touched it Bowe would have another TD.

petegz28
Agreed.

Cassel shoulders this too. Piss poor end of the half play for the INT. Piss poor throw on third down. I mean ****ing really to Pope?

Cassel didn't call that route...from what I saw there were nothing but flat routes in that play

Buehler445

Truth. This is probably the worst NFL officiating I've seen, but we shit the fucking bed.

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Maybe because he was bobbling the ball as he went to the ground.

I don't get all the confusion about the play. The guy lost the ball.

I disagree.

He had full control of the ball when his left knee touched.

The bobbling only started after that.

Agreed.

Cassel shoulders this too. Piss poor end of the half play for the INT. Piss poor throw on third down. I mean ****ing really to Pope?

Two things here.

Either Bowe ran the wrong route, which brough his defender into the area to make that int. on that tipped pass, a pass that was put up high where only Moeaki has a play on the ball and his defender doesn't, or that pass was intended for Bowe, and Moeaki tipped it to the defender trailing Bowe.

Either that int' wasn't Cassel's fault.

KCrockaholic
11-07-2010, 07:26 PM
You know I thought that ball was intended for Bowe. I think Moeaki thought it was for him and he caused the Int. IMHO. I would have to look at it again but it sure looked to me like if Moeaki wouldn't of touched it Bowe would have another TD.

That is what Cassel was so pissed about at halftime.

MadMax
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM

Hasn't been all year :( Reminds me of how they used Marcus Allen... Not enough. They won't use Brokie, yet they give lesser talent all the chances in the world.... JMHO!

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Bitch and moan about that 3rd down pass to Pope in OT if you want.

But the bottom line is that of Bowe catches a perfectly thrown 3rd down pass to convert late in regulation, then there is no OT ot bitch about.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Wow, a thread started by Pete to bitch.

What a novel concept.

:rolleyes:

Hey Pete, grow a pair of fucking balls and shut the fuck up.