PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Charles and Jones

DeezNutz
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
10 for 53 (5.3 per)
19 for 32 (1.7 per)

If we operate under the assumption that the coaches aren't fucking stupid, how do we explain the use of these two players today?

Chocolate Hog
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Simple Deez one is a leader the other isn't.

bowener
11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
The were used poorly?

Did I answer wrong?

-King-
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Great thread dude.

Shag
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
It's unexplainable, IMHO. This is the first week I've had a real problem with the distribution of the RB load. I'm curious who makes the call on who is in the game - is it Weis? Haley? Carthon?

It was painfully obvious that TJ wasn't the answer today - I don't understand why they kept beating their heads against a brick wall...

lazepoo
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
The field looked sloppy, and Jones is supposed to be stronger between the tackles. Maybe they thought things would open up as the game wore on.

Coach
It's unexplainable, IMHO. This is the first week I've had a real problem with the distribution of the RB load. I'm curious who makes the call on who is in the game - is it Weis? Haley? Carthon?

It was painfully obvious that TJ wasn't the answer today - I don't understand why they kept beating their heads against a brick wall...

Didn't help when our offensive line was getting destroyed at the POA (point of attack) when Jones was in there.

And Brian Waters got his ass gif'ed up like 3 times today. He was terrible today.

doomy3
I definitely wish Charles was getting more carries.

However, it seemed that today he was banged up or something. On at least half his carries he got up slowly, or limped off the field. Not sure he was 100%.

suds79
11-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I hear what you're saying but Thomas didn't get much help along the way.

Seymour beat up on Waters all day.

Rain Man
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Didn't help when our offensive line was getting destroyed at the POA (point of attack) when Jones was in there.

And Brian Waters got his ass gif'ed up like 3 times today. He was terrible today.

Yeah, that was a problem.

On the surface, it would seem like Jones was the right move given the rain, but by the fourth quarter when Charles is averaging 4 more yards per carry, it seems like they would change it up. The same thing happened in Buffalo last week.

craneref
I agree that our line sucked today, rarely got any push and let the Raiders walk itno the backfield. The Raiders just wanted the line of scrimmage more than the Chiefs Offensive line did and that is unexcusible!

meitze
Charles is clearly a star, but the stupid offensive coordinator has a man crush on Jones. You wouldn't leave Chris Johnson on the bench and Charles has the same potential. If you don't play him your wasting his talent and he should be traded. Charles could have lead this team to a victory if the carries were reversed. 10 carries? He had more yards on 10 carries than Jones did on 19! Did the coaching staff forget what Charles did last week?? It's insane not to use this guy more. It's stupid and it's ashame for Chiefs fans because he could be the best offense on the team. What a waste!

Swanman
When the offensive line is playing like ass, then Charles is the guy that needs to be in there. He just needs a little sliver of opening and he will get his yards. Jones doesn't have the speed or shiftiness to make chicken salad from chicken shit.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM

Brian Waters got shoved around by Seymore al day long. Completely overmatched.

DeezNutz
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I definitely wish Charles was getting more carries.

However, it seemed that today he was banged up or something. On at least half his carries he got up slowly, or limped off the field. Not sure he was 100%.

Definitely could be some truthiness there.

However, if I'm not mistaken, Charles had one carry in the first quarter, and this is inexcusable.

KCFTW
11-07-2010, 07:48 PM
It makes no sense. Charles should be the primary back and Jones brought in from time to time. Just look at what Charles did last year all by himself, and he has not had nearly as many big plays now that Jones is getting so many carries.

Chocolate Hog
11-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Definitely could be some truthiness there.

However, if I'm not mistaken, Charles had one carry in the first quarter, and this is inexcusable.

Short yardage was fail all day does this coaching staff know Jackie Battle is a pretty big guy?

FAX
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
The fade was stacking the box big time today and I think Charles was dinged up a little ... more dinged as the game wore on.

We screwed ourselves today. Penalties killed us. Blowing ass on clutch plays. Not trying to work the edges with the run game (I don't understand this at all). Lapses on special teams. It was all there ... wrapped up in a nice package for the faiders ... bowe and all.

FAX

KCHawg
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
The fade was stacking the box big time today and I think Charles was dinged up a little ... more dinged as the game wore on.

We screwed ourselves today. Penalties killed us. Blowing ass on clutch plays. Not trying to work the edges with the run game (I don't understand this at all). Lapses on special teams. It was all there ... wrapped up in a nice package for the faiders ... bowe and all.

FAX

I see what you did there! :thumb:

ROYC75
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM

Seymour owned Waters today.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Cassel prefers Jones, obviously. Everything is Cassel's fault.

el borracho
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
I think it is because Charles fumbles more than Jones.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-07-2010, 08:12 PM
I think it is because Charles fumbles more than Jones.

THIS CRAP HERE IS GETTING OLD JONES HAS MORE THEN CHARLES ON THE YEAR

el borracho
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I've never landed one so quick before, lol.

BossChief
11-07-2010, 08:17 PM
They are making sure he has didnt get overworked so he can hang 300 on the Donkeys next week.

Lbedrock1
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Charles is clearly a star, but the stupid offensive coordinator has a man crush on Jones. You wouldn't leave Chris Johnson on the bench and Charles has the same potential. If you don't play him your wasting his talent and he should be traded. Charles could have lead this team to a victory if the carries were reversed. 10 carries? He had more yards on 10 carries than Jones did on 19! Did the coaching staff forget what Charles did last week?? It's insane not to use this guy more. It's stupid and it's ashame for Chiefs fans because he could be the best offense on the team. What a waste!

DITTO

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Deez, I think this is completely forgetting the fact that Charles was extremely active in the screen game today. I have no problem with the gameplan.

The Chiefs didn't lose because they weren't running the ball. They lost because they made stupid mistake after stupid mistake. And then didn't execute plays when they needed them most.

FAX
11-07-2010, 08:53 PM
THIS CRAP HERE IS GETTING OLD JONES HAS MORE THEN CHARLES ON THE YEAR

Quite true, Mr. haydenchiefs101. Quite true.

But, what about Charles' fumbling problem?

FAX

FAX
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
By the way, Mr. haydenchiefs101 ... you wouldn't, by any chance, be related to the Greenbush Haydens, would you?

FAX

DeezNutz
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Deez, I think this is completely forgetting the fact that Charles was extremely active in the screen game today. I have no problem with the gameplan.

The Chiefs didn't lose because they weren't running the ball. They lost because they made stupid mistake after stupid mistake. And then didn't execute plays when they needed them most.

Fair point. Five catches, so we're looking at 15 touches to 19. That said, Charles should always be getting the majority of the touches, particularly in close games when we're trailing.

It was especially frustrating to see Jones fail on numerous 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 situations.

One of the reasons why we didn't "make plays when needed most" is because our best player wasn't involved enough.

CoMoChief
11-07-2010, 08:55 PM

Welcome to Chiefsplanet. Now go fuck yourself.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Fair point. Five catches, so we're looking at 15 touches to 19. That said, Charles should always be getting the majority of the touches, particularly in close games when we're trailing.

It was especially frustrating to see Jones fail on numerous 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 situations.

One of the reasons why we didn't "make plays when needed most" is because our best player wasn't involved enough.

I still would like to see Jackie Battle in these situations.

And for that matter, why in the LIVING FUCK is Tim Castille playing? I don't htink it's a coincidence that we take a huge step backward running the ball when we don't use Mike Cox.

thurman merman
11-08-2010, 12:22 AM
When the offensive line is playing like ass, then Charles is the guy that needs to be in there. He just needs a little sliver of opening and he will get his yards. Jones doesn't have the speed or shiftiness to make chicken salad from chicken shit.

Exactly. Charles got one million yards last year with a much worse line than they have now.

kcpasco
11-08-2010, 12:25 AM
I dunno why the coaching staff is doing this, but it's really fucking mind boggling

bowener
11-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I dunno why the coaching staff is doing this, but it's really ****ing mind boggling

It bottles my mind badly.

Chiefs=Good
11-08-2010, 05:29 AM
To me it seems like Charles is always relied upon to get us back into the game in the second half.. Heres a thought, give him the ball in the first half and then hopefully he wont be required to save our asses in the 4th...

Consistent1
11-08-2010, 06:36 AM
This is still a dumb issue. If you can sit back and blame the loss on Jones, I don't think you are seeing the big picture. He does the grunt work and takes as much heat as Cassel because of all these bullshit Chris Johnson comparisons with Charles. First off, I think Johnson would make a deal with the devil to take a 6-10 record if he could get 2000 yards rushing again this year. I could give a shit less if we get a couple LJ at the top of his game type years out of Charles and still be mediocre. Plus, people act like Charles could get around 2000 yards himself and still average 6-7 yards per carry. Odds are that never would come close to happening anyway due to potential injuries from more work, game planning against him, inevitable diminishing returns with more carries, etc. I just can't see how we can sit back and blame Thomas Jones for anything.

ChiefsNow
11-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Short yardage was fail all day does this coaching staff know Jackie Battle is a pretty big guy?

I was hoping to see battle too, then noticed he wasn't active for the game.

Demonpenz
11-08-2010, 06:51 AM
d

jjjayb
11-08-2010, 06:52 AM
This is still a dumb issue. If you can sit back and blame the loss on Jones, I don't think you are seeing the big picture. He does the grunt work and takes as much heat as Cassel because of all these bullshit Chris Johnson comparisons with Charles.

It's not a matter of blaming TJ. It's a matter of the offensive line. When our line is getting dominated, Charles is the better back to have back there. Because of his quickness he can make the guy who gets through the line miss and turn it into a big gain.

Just look at the difference in this team last year between LJ and Charles. It looked like two completely different teams when we switched runners.

TJ is a good running back. Charles is a GREAT running back.

Consistent1
11-08-2010, 07:15 AM
It's not a matter of blaming TJ. It's a matter of the offensive line. When our line is getting dominated, Charles is the better back to have back there. Because of his quickness he can make the guy who gets through the line miss and turn it into a big gain.

Just look at the difference in this team last year between LJ and Charles. It looked like two completely different teams when we switched runners.

TJ is a good running back. Charles is a GREAT running back.

I can understand the great back logic. It is not a fact that it is even true though. Jones may end up with better career stats then Charles when it is all said and done. The line play thing is true, but that doesn't mean that Charles doesn't have a great chance to get lit up by some linebacker or safety if we have to play a certain way just to compensate for the line play. I am still tired of hearing about Charles tearing up Denver when the season was over for both teams and all that. This board is bipolar on the opinion of Jones. If we win, he is the best pickup ever. If Cassel and the receivers suck and make it obvious that we are going to have to grind it out with him facing stacked fronts, he sucks and Charles would just elude everyone and gain ten yards a carry in the same situation. Right.

Champ
11-08-2010, 07:42 AM
I kept telling you Chief fans that Thomas Jones would get shutdown, and that Jamaal Charles was going to have to carry the load on his own.

But it's clear that your coaching staff doesn't have enough faith in Charles to carry the load. Time after time, Jones kept getting shut down but yet it never crossed Charlie Weis, and Todd Haley minds to put Charles in the game. Maybe because they knew his limations.

And also, Charles is fragile. He got the ball like 11 times, and came up limping like 4 times. He is simply not an everydown back like you Chief fans pretended he was.

You want to see a real everydown runningback? Check out Darren McFadden. Over 100 total yards in every game he has played this season.

I LOVE being right.

the Talking Can
11-08-2010, 07:49 AM
I kept telling you Chief fans that Thomas Jones would get shutdown, and that Jamaal Charles was going to have to carry the load on his own.

But it's clear that your coaching staff doesn't have enough faith in Charles to carry the load. Time after time, Jones kept getting shut down but yet it never crossed Charlie Weis, and Todd Haley minds to put Charles in the game. Maybe because they knew his limations.

And also, Charles is fragile. He got the ball like 11 times, and came up limping like 4 times. He is simply not an everydown back like you Chief fans pretended he was.

You want to see a real everydown runningback? Check out Darren McFadden. Over 100 total yards in every game he has played this season.

I LOVE being right.

you have 5 posts...you haven't "kept telling" anyone anything...

jesus noob fucking christ.....we've found the raiders version of knowmo....dumb and proud

thurman merman
11-08-2010, 11:49 PM
This is still a dumb issue. If you can sit back and blame the loss on Jones, I don't think you are seeing the big picture. He does the grunt work and takes as much heat as Cassel because of all these bullshit Chris Johnson comparisons with Charles. First off, I think Johnson would make a deal with the devil to take a 6-10 record if he could get 2000 yards rushing again this year. I could give a shit less if we get a couple LJ at the top of his game type years out of Charles and still be mediocre. Plus, people act like Charles could get around 2000 yards himself and still average 6-7 yards per carry. Odds are that never would come close to happening anyway due to potential injuries from more work, game planning against him, inevitable diminishing returns with more carries, etc. I just can't see how we can sit back and blame Thomas Jones for anything.

You cannot see how we can blame him for averaging less than 2 yards per carry yesterday?

BossChief
11-08-2010, 11:59 PM
To me its totally ass backwards

Charles should start the games and have 10-15 first half carries and Jones should start the second half and get 20 carries while helping protect the lead we got by playing Charles.

We use them almost exactly the opposite of that.

I just dont get it.

Count Alex's Losses
11-09-2010, 02:28 AM
To me its totally ass backwards

Charles should start the games and have 10-15 first half carries and Jones should start the second half and get 20 carries while helping protect the lead we got by playing Charles.

We use them almost exactly the opposite of that.

I just dont get it.

Cassel's first quarter stats are terrible.

48.9 percent completion percentage, 1 TD pass.

They gotta start playing Charles early.

michaelj_58
11-09-2010, 04:22 AM
charles should have had more carries,and what's with throwing the dall on first down all the time?

michaelj_58
11-09-2010, 04:23 AM
throwing the ball on first down,sorry