PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Self-Destruct In 60 Minutes

FAX
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
If ever there was a game where you could say we beat ourselves, this was the one.

We left at least 13 points on the board in the first half ... maybe 20 ... maybe more. Cassel's taking sacks again. He has happy feet again, too. Honestly, he should have been on Dancing With The Stars tonight instead of an NFL broadcast. He had me going after the Bills game, but I've lost faith again.

The players did all the things we know we can't afford to do. We committed far too many penalties and turned the ball over needlessly (thanks, Cassel).

The coaches called a very questionable game. We abandon the run game against one of the worst run defenses in the league. They were stacking the box, but we could run the edges ... we just didn't stay with it. The defense had the Raiders' number early on then ate the note they wrote it on.

Offensively, we cannot sustain drives ... let alone scoring drives (thanks, Cassel). Defensively, we're very inconsistent (to be expected with a young secondary, though).

We are what our record says we are. However, I can't imagine that Haley is at all pleased with this performance. He likes to believe that we learn something and get better every day. But, we didn't learn a damn thing today except how to give away a ball game and I thought we'd already been taught that lesson.

Terrible, terrible loss. Needless and wasteful.

FAX THE SAD

Deberg_1990
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Obama on 60 minutes tonight! Off to DC in 1...2...3....

KChiefs1
11-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Is this thread about Obama on 60 Minutes?

chris
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
If ever there was a game where you could say we beat ourselves, this was the one.

We left at least 13 points on the board in the first half ... maybe 20 ... maybe more. Cassel's taking sacks again. He has happy feet again, too. Honestly, he should have been on Dancing With The Stars tonight instead of an NFL broadcast. He had me going after the Bills game, but I've lost faith again.

The players did all the things we know we can't afford to do. We committed far too many penalties and turned the ball over needlessly (thanks, Cassel).

The coaches called a very questionable game. We abandon the run game against one of the worst run defenses in the league. They were stacking the box, but we could run the edges ... we just didn't stay with it. The defense had the Raiders' number early on then ate the note they wrote it on.

Offensively, we cannot sustain drives ... let alone scoring drives (thanks, Cassel). Defensively, we're very inconsistent (to be expected with a young secondary, though).

We are what our record says we are. However, I can't imagine that Haley is at all pleased with this performance. He likes to believe that we learn something and get better every day. But, we didn't learn a damn thing today except how to give away a ball game and I thought we'd already been taught that lesson.

Terrible, terrible loss. Needless and wasteful.

FAX THE SAD

You have a fixation with Cassel. Was he on the ST that allowed the touchdown? Or on the defense that enables OAK to move down the field for the winning FG? Or caused the FS that moved KC back 10 yards so that we punted instead of field goal.

All phases broke down. Team loss.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
You have a fixation with Cassel. Was he on the ST that allowed the touchdown? Or on the defense that enables OAK to move down the field for the winning FG? Or caused the FS that moved KC back 10 yards so that we punted instead of field goal.

Chris, you're fucking dumb.

Once again, when the Chiefs needed a first down with 3:00 minutes left to wrap up the game, Cassel shit himself.

He's the highest paid player on the team but unfortunately, he plays like a backup QB.

Waters looked like 2009 Waters, Bowe dropped easy balls and the special teams had an epic meltdown. The running game sucked because Lilja was playing one handed and Waters licked ass.

But once again, when the Chiefs had a chance to wrap it up, Cassel couldn't deliver.

Go fuck yourself, Chris.

kstater
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Once again, when the Chiefs needed a first down with 3:00 minutes left to wrap up the game, Cassel shit himself.

Wait what? Didn't he hit Bowe in the fucking chest?

BigCatDaddy
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Wait what? Didn't he hit Bowe in the ****ing chest?

Yeah, Bowe had a chance to make Cassell look a little better a few times this year and choked on it. The one today, the TD in New England, and the one against the Bills in the end zone come to mind.

I think he can be a good piece of the WR core, but not your go to guy.

chris
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Chris, you're ****ing dumb.

He's the highest paid player on the team but unfortunately, he plays like a backup QB.

Waters looked like 2009 Waters, Bowe dropped easy balls and the special teams had an epic meltdown. The running game sucked because Lilja was playing one handed and Waters licked ass.

But once again, when the Chiefs had a chance to wrap it up, Cassel couldn't deliver.

Go **** yourself, Chris.

Sometimes your ranting get old. You are a little proud of yourself aren't you?

Cassel wasn't the sole reason we lost. He played enough to win.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2010, 08:00 PM

You're fucking dumb.

And Cassel did NOT play "well enough" for the Chiefs to win because they lost, Dumbshit.

chris
11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
You're ****ing dumb.

And Cassel did NOT play "well enough" for the Chiefs to win because they lost, Dumbshit.

Let me use small words...it was a TEAM loss. Cassel was not the sole reason.

You really need to get laid. :) Or sober up.

FAX
11-07-2010, 08:05 PM

We failed in almost every phase of the game ... you're right about that. As for my "fixation" with Cassel, I want to see him close out a game, you know? I want to see the quarterback of my team take charge on one of those drives and either get us the score (without the need for an enemy mistake) or run out the clock - depending on the situation. I simply want to see him play well enough to close out a game in our favor. That's all.

FAX

SenselessChiefsFan
11-07-2010, 08:06 PM

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Count Alex's Wins
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Cassel played his best game of the season and it still wasn't good enough.

Mostly because our running game didn't show up and neither did the defense or special teams.

That's the Kobayashi Maru scenario for Cassel. Unwinnable.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM

You really need to get laid. :) Or sober up.

Just shut the fuck up.

You need to man up and turn on your rep, you fucking pussy.

FAX
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM

Are you talking about the 3rd down in regulation, Mr. kstater? The one when we were still ahead and could have iced the game with a first down?

I must not have seen that play very well. I don't recall that one hitting Da Wayne in the chest ... I thought he had to go low ... more or less dive and it went through his hands ...

Then again, maybe I have that one mixed up with another play. I was having heart palpitations throughout most of the game. Looking back, it's all kind of a blur.

FAX

kcpasco
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM
We failed in almost every phase of the game ... you're right about that. As for my "fixation" with Cassel, I want to see him close out a game, you know? I want to see the quarterback of my team take charge on one of those drives and either get us the score (without the need for an enemy mistake) or run out the clock - depending on the situation. I simply want to see him play well enough to close out a game in our favor. That's all.

FAX
He put the ball in Bowes numbers, as much as I dislike Cassel that was all Bowe.

Feel free to rip Matt apart for that OT 3 and out abortion though.

Bane
11-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Hell there wasn't even a decent fight!WTF has happened to this rivalry?ROFL

FAX
11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
He put the ball in Bowes numbers, as much as I dislike Cassel that was all Bowe.

Feel free to rip Matt apart for that OT 3 and out abortion though.

I must have that play confused with another one. Honestly, I remember it as Bowe having to dive for the ball ... he was running a sort of curl or come-back sort of deal on the right side ... maybe what I'm remembering was in OT ...

FAX

kcpasco
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I must have that play confused with another one. Honestly, I remember it as Bowe having to dive for the ball ... he was running a sort of curl or come-back sort of deal on the right side ... maybe what I'm remembering was in OT ...

FAX

Ya he dove but it went right through his Hands and hit him in the numbers

SNR
11-07-2010, 08:17 PM

You really need to get laid. :) Or sober up.Why do you think we had trouble running against these guys? Sure, our offensive line played poorly, but we did NOTHING to protect them. They will not respect our passing game until we complete a couple passes DOWNFIELD per game. And that's not going to happen when we have Retard McGee (Cassel) at QB. The coaching staff doesn't trust him and frankly, neither do I.

RJ
11-07-2010, 08:18 PM

I disagree. He played well enough to not lose, but he didn't play well enough to win.

chris
11-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Just shut the **** up.

You need to man up and turn on your rep, you ****ing pussy.

Rep is overrated. Rep is a means for a vocal minority to beat-up on others. But since you care about rep, I've left you a nice comment. You really need to take a deep breath and relax.

You are too proud of yourself and of your opinion.

FAX
11-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Ya he dove but it went right through his Hands and hit him in the numbers

Well, if it is the one I'm remembering (I need to see it again, obviously), but that looked like a tough catch, to me.

My mental vision of that play is faulty, though.

FAX

chris
11-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I disagree. He played well enough to not lose, but he didn't play well enough to win.

I would agree with that. Good point. But how much is he allowed to wing it in this conservative offense?

BossChief
11-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Truth be told:

IF Bowe catches that pass for the first down, the game is over and Cassel had a pretty good game with a couple damn fine passes that helped us win another division game against a very hot team.

I dont think its fair to blame Cassel today.

Baconeater
11-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Rep is overrated. Rep is a means for a vocal minority to beat-up on others. But since you care about rep, I've left you a nice comment. You really need to take a deep breath and relax.

You are too proud of yourself and of your opinion.
Wow...pot, meet kettle. You're the most arrogant piece of shit on this site.

chris
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Wow...pot, meet kettle. You're the most arrogant piece of shit on this site.

Nah, I just like having fun with those that think Cassel is the primary reason we lose games.

You don't read where I'm cusing and saying nasty things about others and their mating habits/ :)

FAX
11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Truth be told:

IF Bowe catches that pass for the first down, the game is over and Cassel had a pretty good game with a couple damn fine passes that helped us win another division game against a very hot team.

I dont think its fair to blame Cassel today.

He did look off the defense on that touchdown pass. I think that was the best job I've seen him do ... at looking off defenders, I mean. On the other hand, we really could have used some first downs in OT.

Then again, the game never should have gotten to that point. Penalties really hurt us today.

FAX

FAX
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Nah, I just like having fun with those that think Cassel is the primary reason we lose games.

You don't read where I'm cusing and saying nasty things about others and their mating habits/ :)

If you're referring to me, or the OP, I didn't think I left the impression that I believed Cassel to be the "primary" reason we lost this game. There were many factors. The players know that, particularly on the road, you can't afford penalties that call back scores, yet that's what happened.

Still, Cassel (or somebody) needs to successfully quarterback this team in situations when we can and should close out the game. We're not getting that done. Surely you recognize that fact, Mr. chris. You may wish to absolve him of any role in or responsibility for that problem ... however, in good faith, I cannot.

FAX

chris
11-07-2010, 08:41 PM
If you're referring to me, or the OP, I didn't think I left the impression that I believed Cassel to be the "primary" reason we lost this game. There were many factors. The players know that, particularly on the road, you can't afford penalties that call back scores, yet that's what happened.

Still, Cassel (or somebody) needs to successfully quarterback this team in situations when we can and should close out the game. We're not getting that done. Surely you recognize that fact, Mr. chris. You may wish to absolve him of any role in or responsibility for that problem ... however, in good faith, I cannot.

FAX

Hey Mr. Fax, of course not. Cassel threw a 3pt pick at the least. He is part of the blame. There are numerous additional reasons why we lost. I rather invest in a 1st round WR or center before we throw Cassel out.

Football is sorta like business. When things are good, the QB and/or coach and CEO get all the credit; when bad; they get all the blame. I'm please with 5-3 at the midpoint.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963 View Post
If they could have put away the Texans and Colts earlier this season then the media may be giving Chiefs their due, but they have another opportunity this Sunday against the Raiders. This is game I don't expect the Chiefs to win, but if they do then this will be huge for the team and I think you'll get some props from the media analysts. Beating Oakland @ Oakland will be a big statement. Oakland is playing real well as of late and they seem to be on a roll. For Chiefs to stop their momentum in their stadium will surely show that they have turned the corner and could pave the way to getting into the playoffs for the first time since 2007. Looking forward to watching them on Sunday.

I hate being right. Anyway we are 5-3. A lot better than anyone expected. We still have a shot to go 5-3 the rest of the way, and make the playoffs. We are not a Super Bowl team. We are what we are which is an up and coming team that needs another off season of good free agency moves and another great draft. We are young and full of potential. We are a lot better off than when Herm and CP were running things.

Buck
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Dude, FAX, this is the story of the Chargers season so far.