PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm just not sold on this team are you?

Ralphy Boy
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Maybe its just me not getting my hopes up, but I don't think most here would agree that we SHOULD make the playoffs. I think we probably will, given our schedule, but to say we deserve to be there and won't embarrass ourselves if we do is a stretch. You can call it a moral victory if we make the playoffs, but I'm tired of the one and done history we have there. Quality teams miss out on the playoffs every year because of a rough schedule or tough division. Our division is weak and our schedule is easy.

What do you think; Do we deserve to make the playoffs?

BTW, public poll.

Bugeater
11-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Eh, if we win the division then we 'deserve' it. I don't suspect we'll do much if we do get in though.

BCD
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
The schedule and the division is what it is. We cant control that. We just have to win the games. If we win 10-11 games then we certainly deserve a playoff spot.

pr_capone
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Do we "deserve" to make the playoffs?

What the **** dude? It's not about "deserving" anything. It's called doing well enough to earn it. Or in Herm's case, well enough with another man's players to do just BARELY enough to get it done.

chiefzilla1501
11-08-2010, 06:52 PM
My opinion is that whereas a lot of playoff teams are going to get crushed because they can't compete against the big boys, the Chiefs can compete with any team in the league but can't close out.

So it's hard to say. They are a few plays away from being 8-0. That's what's so frustrating.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2010, 06:58 PM
If the Chiefs finish with a record that makes the playoffs, then yes they deserve it.

The logic that they don't deserve it is one of the dumbest fucking arguments ever if they make the playoffs.

Gadzooks
11-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I'd say you guys have a good 2-3 years to be among the elite (Ind, Bal, NE, etc...) . As we all know, the elite don't necessarily make it to the big dance, so, you guys have as much of a chance as anybody as long as you can make the playoffs, (which means: probably not this year).
wait...what was the question?

Mr. Arrowhead
11-08-2010, 07:02 PM
who the hell cares if we deserve or not, we have a young team and it would be a great learning experience for them to make the playoffs.

KcMizzou
11-08-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm sold on the idea that the team is improving. The "plan" is working. And the people in charge know WTF they're doing. That's huge. (and new)

TrebMaxx
11-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm sold on the idea that the team is improving. The "plan" is working. And the people in charge know WTF they're doing. That's huge. (and new)

That's what I think too. Things are improving but not quite there yet. I feel we are moving forward though.

jbwm89
11-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Kinda misread the poll. If we get to the playoffs then hell yes we deserve it, I am not sold on whether we will get there or not.

I am a dumbass

Deberg_1990
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Nah...If they dont make the playoffs, they dont deserve to..

But if they make the playoffs, they deserve it...

SomeRandomGirl
11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Agreed with most others. If you make it and continue to win, then you deserve it. This isn't the freaking BCS, schedule means shit to me. W or L means shit to me.

MeatRock
11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Any team that wins enough games in the season to make the playoffs deserves to be in the playoffs. People can talk about weak schedules all they want, but when the Browns, who we beat on the road beats the Saints and the Pats, then no easy schedule is safe in today's NFL.

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm not sold on Cassel leading this team. The rest of the team is improving.

KcMizzou
11-08-2010, 07:32 PM
"You are what your record says you are."

Extra Point
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Tin Cup (Herm v2.0) will back us into the playoffs.

Brock
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
What's this "deserve" shit? You deserve what you get, period.

Hydrae
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
who the hell cares if we deserve or not, we have a young team and it would be a great learning experience for them to make the playoffs.

My first thought as well. I expect them to get knocked out in the first round (provided we hold on and win the division) but the learning experience for future years would be invaluable.

DBOSHO
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
This team may not be able to beat every team in the NFL, but they can certainly play with every team in the NFL.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 08:39 PM
To quote Eastwood.........

"Deserve's got nothing to do with it"

Seriously, threads like this are ****ing stupid.

If we make the playoffs we are supposed to be there. There are 6 slots. If we get one, we won enough to get in. If we don't, we didn't.

that's the end of it. Shut up with this kind of ****ing nonsense.

S&BJW
11-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Maybe its just me not getting my hopes up, but I don't think most here would agree that we SHOULD make the playoffs. I think we probably will, given our schedule, but to say we deserve to be there and won't embarrass ourselves if we do is a stretch. You can call it a moral victory if we make the playoffs, but I'm tired of the one and done history we have there. Quality teams miss out on the playoffs every year because of a rough schedule or tough division. Our division is weak and our schedule is easy.

What do you think; Do we deserve to make the playoffs?

BTW, public poll.
I`m a Raider fan but if I was a Chiefs fan, I`d feel pretty damn good so far and have faith in the direction this team is going. You guys have come a long way since the last 1-2 years and I`d be stoked with your coaching. I`m hoping the "new" Raiders don`t go backwards and hope you guys and us stay 1 and 2 in our division. Screw the Doncs and Dolts.:toast:

Consistent1
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
If we make the playoffs, we will deserve it for sure. With Rivers being on a roll with seemingly anybody at receiver, that is going to be one mother of a game to win. The Raiders didn't roll us, but they are getting better as the year goes on, so that is two big divisional games we still need right there. Broncos? Hell, you never know. A split seems likely to me given how things usually work out with surprises, homefield, etc. I don't think a wildcard is going to be possible, so if we win the games we need to capture the division...100% deserved. I just don't know that it will happen when it comes right down to it.

Marcellus
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I am sold to the level I know they are improved and can win any game the walk on to the field to play in.

Last year I figured they could lose any game. Huge difference.

crossbow
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I like the coaches and their game plans. It just doesn't work out the way you want sometimes. This team is way ahead of what people hoped for so far. They just need a reliable possession receiver, quaterback, and another pass rusher. I believe a franchise QB will fall to the Chiefs in the next draft. They will have to get lucky to get an impact pass rusher and they shouldn't have too much trouble finding somebody that can catch a football consistantly. In a year or two the old Arrowhead magic will be back and all will be good again.

Oh, and one thing we do have now that is a big plus is an owner that is smart and makes the right moves at the right times.

Bearcat
11-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Oh, FFS. :facepalm:

The history of one and done is Marty's, DV's, and Herm's to own. Unless the team takes steps backwards in terms of being competitive each week, there's nothing wrong with being in the playoff race a year after winning 4 games, regardless of whether they get a spot... as well as having a chance to equal their win total of the past 3 years.

This thread is another example of how people are hung up more on the possibility of making the playoffs in any given season than fielding a team that can legitimately win multiple playoff games in a single season, and the latter actually takes patience and, gasp, seasons that might not end in playoff appearances.... 'being sold on this team' has little to do with making the playoffs this year.

Chiefs Rool
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
we will never get past the first round of the playoffs with Matt Casssel and that's a fact.

BossChief
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Story of the Chiefs 2010 home playoff game:

if we only had a quarterback

Consistent1
11-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh, FFS. :facepalm:

The history of one and done is Marty's, DV's, and Herm's to own. Unless the team takes steps backwards in terms of being competitive each week, there's nothing wrong with being in the playoff race a year after winning 4 games, regardless of whether they get a spot... as well as having a chance to equal their win total of the past 3 years.

This thread is another example of how people are hung up more on the possibility of making the playoffs in any given season than fielding a team that can legitimately win multiple playoff games in a single season, and the latter actually takes patience and, gasp, seasons that might not end in playoff appearances.... 'being sold on this team' has little to do with making the playoffs this year.

Yeah, fine. But to be fair, the question in the thread title isn't the same as the question the poll asks.

threebag02
11-08-2010, 10:42 PM
"Now if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But they are who we thought they were! And we let 'em off the hook!"/Dennis Green

JD10367
11-09-2010, 06:55 AM
To quote a famous man, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

http://robsmovievault.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/unforgiven2.jpg

Did the Giants "deserve" to make the playoffs the year they squeaked in, and proceeded to beat the unbeaten Patriots and win the Super Bowl?

Did the Jets "deserve" to make the playoffs last year at 9-7 by having the Bengals and Colts roll their jocks and helmets onto the field for the last two games, and proceeded to make it to the AFCCG?

You play who's on your schedule. Once you make the dance, as Parcells said, everyone's 0-0. You can be playing like utter shit for 16 games; if you make the playoffs, and everything suddenly clicks, what you did in the regular season doesn't matter.

Deserve or not, the Chiefs WILL make the playoffs. Whether they go one-and-done, or make some noise, is another story; that depends on injuries, how the team develops, and whether a few key guys (like Bowe, Cassel, and Flowers) make plays they haven't been making so far.

Nzoner
11-09-2010, 08:00 AM
I'd like to change my vote to one and done as I made the mistake of assuming the thread title was the poll question.

Like others,deserve has nothing to do with it(unless of course we're talking about a division winner at say 7-9 and then I have a problem with it) as long as it's earned a team should be there.

Chiefnj2
11-09-2010, 08:03 AM
I hope they make the playoffs so they can get some experience, but I don't think they have the talent to beat any other playoff team if they continue to play like they have the last few weeks.

Craven
11-09-2010, 08:06 AM
One thing thats killed us this season is not getting any production out of our no 2 reciever...Tough to win with Chambers being so awful

DonTellMeShowMe
11-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Do the 49ers deserve to go to the playoff if they somehow win the NFCW at 7-9? That'd be crazy

Nzoner
11-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Do the 49ers deserve to go to the playoff if they somehow win the NFCW at 7-9? That'd be crazy

This has always been my concern since the NFL went to 4 divisions and one of these years it's bound to happen and I personally think it's BS as an NFL fan.I'd hate to think a 9-7 or 10-6 team would be sitting at home while a 7-9 team goes because they won their division.

Chiefnj2
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
This has always been my concern since the NFL went to 4 divisions and one of these years it's bound to happen and I personally think it's BS as an NFL fan.I'd hate to think a 9-7 or 10-6 team would be sitting at home while a 7-9 team goes because they won their division.

When they go to 18 games, I want the playoffs to be the 6 teams with the best record. Forget about division winners.

alpha_omega
11-09-2010, 08:27 AM
We won't deserve anything if we can't learn how to win on the road.

MahiMike
11-09-2010, 08:29 AM
I believe in Todd!

MOhillbilly
11-09-2010, 08:48 AM
This is schoolin boys, it aint big dance time yet.

BigChiefTablet
11-09-2010, 09:19 AM
All we deserve right now is to go to Denver and play the next football game. And the boys better strap it on and bring a better game than they have the last couple of weeks.

To ask if we deserve or don't deserve to go to the playoffs assumes we have a good enough record to do so. We have half a season left, and we better play it one game at a time like every game is the playoffs or we will not only not deserve to go to the playoffs, we just won't.

Pants
11-09-2010, 09:40 AM
The way I see it is that we have 1 more win at the half point of the season than we did all of last season. That's progress and that's all I ask for during the 2nd year of a rebuild. I'm happy.

MichaelH
11-09-2010, 10:34 AM
The Chiefs will make the playoffs, hopefully. I doubt they will go very far unless our passing game and the passing defense gets fixed. I still think this team is way better off than it was two years ago. Haley still has some things to address.

LaChapelle
11-09-2010, 10:41 AM
The 49ers picked up Lance Long
you can shut it