PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you think we could trade for an elite WR in the offseason?

Silock
11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Surely there are some teams that would be willing to give up an elite WR (like a Chad Johnson) for some draft picks to help their rebuild.

Or do you think we'll continue to try to build through the draft?

jAZ
11-09-2010, 12:01 AM
What makes you think Chad Johnson is an elite receiver?

BigMeatballDave
Our QB will still be Matt Cassel.

Johnny Vegas
dude. the trade deadline is over.

Sure-Oz
11-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Ochocinco sucks, he was a whiny baby tonight when TO kept getting the ball

Silock
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM

Which is why I said "offseason" in the title.

I'm not saying we should trade FOR Ochocinco; just someone like him.

Johnny Vegas
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
sorry I forgot to add the smiley

Thig Lyfe
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
We shoulda got Boldin. I think the thing between him and Haley was overblown.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Why would you trade for someone like a declining, 32 year old malcontent who can't get any separation and isn't a deep threat, when the biggest problem with this team on the outside is that we have a declining, 32 year old psycho who can't get any separation and isn't a deep threat?

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:07 AM
There are always good receivers to be found throughout the draft.

Jacoby Ford was a 4th rounder. Steve Breaston was a 5th. Marques Colston was a 7th. Welker was undrafted. Julian Edelman was a 7th.

And on and on and on and on.

Trading for a receiver would be fucking dumb.

Silock
11-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Why would you trade for someone like a declining, 32 year old malcontent who can't get any separation and isn't a deep threat, when the biggest problem with this team on the outside is that we have a declining, 32 year old psycho who can't get any separation and isn't a deep threat?

For one thing, again, I'm not necessarily saying that HE should be the target of an acquisition; just someone in his position, which is a good player on a crappy team.

Secondly, I think he could do well on another team that needs him, but doesn't completely suck. I think a player in his position could be contained by a guy like Haley, yet the ego in the player still want to prove that he's a great talent. It worked for Corey Dillon. He filled a hole.

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Speaking of Steve Breaston - he will be a free agent. I say sign him and draft a receiver as well. Hell we have nothing behind Bowe and please don't say McCluster. He ain't no WR.

Chiefs=Good
11-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Just stick to the draft. Were a young team, we can afford to wait a bit for one to develop..

Silock
11-09-2010, 12:12 AM

Jacoby Ford was a 4th rounder. Steve Breaston was a 5th. Marques Colston was a 7th. Welker was undrafted. Julian Edelman was a 7th.

What are the chances of us finding all the WR help we need in the draft? Because we need a LOT of help there. I mean, not only do we need guys who can actually catch, but we need at least one deep threat.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
For one thing, again, I'm not necessarily saying that HE should be the target of an acquisition; just someone in his position, which is a good player on a crappy team.

Secondly, I think he could do well on another team that needs him, but doesn't completely suck. I think a player in his position could be contained by a guy like Haley, yet the ego in the player still want to prove that he's a great talent. It worked for Corey Dillon. He filled a hole.

Come on, Dude, FUCK!

Mike Williams was a 4th this year. Mike Wallace was a third last year. Louis Murphy was a 4th in 2009.

ANY of these guys and the others I mentioned were late rounders that quickly made an impact. It's up to the scouting department to make it happen.

FUCK trading for an old FUCK.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
What are the chances of us finding all the WR help we need in the draft? Because we need a LOT of help there. I mean, not only do we need guys who can actually catch, but we need at least one deep threat.

If the Chiefs perform their due diligence, they could find at least one complimentary receiver in the 2011 draft.

Verran Tucker had a promising debut as well, plus Haley's a receiver coach first and foremost. Trading for a vet is a waste.

Draft, draft, draft, draft, draft.

Silock
11-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Come on, Dude, FUCK!

Mike Williams was a 4th this year. Mike Wallace was a third last year. Louis Murphy was a 4th in 2009.

ANY of these guys and the others I mentioned were late rounders that quickly made an impact. It's up to the scouting department to make it happen.

FUCK trading for an old FUCK.

Heh, okay!

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Heh, okay!

LMAO

SNR
11-09-2010, 12:17 AM

Trading for a receiver would be fucking dumb.It's far easier to go get a real QB and throw any asshole off the street into the lineup. Who was the no name that had 100 yards receiving from Philip Rivers on Sunday? Answer: doesn't fucking matter. If that guy was in the lineup with Matt Cassel he'd still be a no-name asshole.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 12:17 AM

TO was a 3rd
Miles Austin was an UDFA
Derrick Mason was a 4th
Desean Jackson was a mid 2nd
Cris Carter was a 4th
Houshmanzillie was a 7th
Joe Horn was a 6th
Vincent Jackson was picked in the ass end of the 2nd
Brandon Marshall was a 4th
Marques Colston was a 7th
Steve Smith was a 3rd

Even one-dimensional deep threats like Mike Wallace and Johnny Knox were 3rd and 5th round players.

Now, with that said, you probably aren't going to get a Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald with a third rounder, but you don't need to have Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce at WR to have a successful offense, either.

Silock
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM
LMAO

I don't really have a preference. I was just asking the question :) You answered well, I think.

DaneMcCloud
It's far easier to go get a real QB and throw any asshole off the street into the lineup. Who was the no name that had 100 yards receiving from Philip Rivers on Sunday? Answer: doesn't fucking matter. If that guy was in the lineup with Matt Cassel he'd still be a no-name asshole.

While I agree completely, I'm not so sure that Cassel won't be the QB next season, which will certainly require a serious upgrade to the receiving corp.

ChiefsCountry
Austin Pettis, Terrance Tollivar are two guys in the 3rd and 4th round range that would be good WRs for us. I really like Pettis.

SNR
Also, the other key is taking receivers in the draft who had potential.

That means fuck guys like Will Franklin. Take STARTERS in college who make big plays.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Haley REALLY likes Tucker. He says he has many qualities that "aren't coachable, you either have it or you don't" and he doesn't talk well about many players. He could be our Breaston, or he could be the next Lance Long...I guess time will tell.

If a solid vet were to be available in free agency, I would sign him...but trading for one, umm no.

Then again, I was on board with signing Chambers last offseason (but that was before the info about him getting together with the stalker came out, too. I thought he had finally gotten away from that bitch that took all his concentration away in SD and was why he was cut there, and might be here as well)

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't really have a preference. I was just asking the question :) You answered well, I think.

Sorry Dude!

I think I'm still angry about yesterday's loss. I don't mind when the Chiefs give 100% and lose like they did to the Colts or Texans, but yesterday was inexcusable.

Silock
11-09-2010, 12:21 AM
While I agree completely, I'm not so sure that Cassel won't be the QB next season, which will certainly require a serious upgrade to the receiving corp.

Which will require a decent investment of draft picks. Do you think we will trade for ANY position next year, or will we continue to pick up free agents?

BryanBusby
I'd be cool with Pioli making it rain money and vouchers for cab rides to Vincent Jackson.

DaneMcCloud
Haley REALLY likes Tucker. He says he has many qualities that "aren't coachable, you either have it or you don't" and he doesn't talk well about many players. He could be our Breaston, or he could be the next Lance Long...I guess time will tell.

If a solid vet were to be available in free agency, I would sign him...but trading for one, umm no.

He's certainly NOT Lance Long.

The dude actually caught the ball and scored.

:D

Plus, he's 6'1, 204. Definite potential.

Silock
11-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Sorry Dude!

I think I'm still angry about yesterday's loss. I don't mind when the Chiefs give 100% and lose like they did to the Colts or Texans, but yesterday was inexcusable.

No apology necessary. I wasn't offended in the least.

I understand completely. I was so upset yesterday that the wife steered clear. A good night's sleep and a hard workout today, and I think I'm pretty much over it and looking forward to domination of Denver this weekend. Fuck the Broncos.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
I'd be cool with Pioli making it rain money and vouchers for cab rides to Vincent Jackson.

:Lin:

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Also, the other key is taking receivers in the draft who had potential.

That means fuck guys like Will Franklin. Take STARTERS in college who make big plays.

Will Franklin was a starter in college. He was honorable mention All BXII as a senior, and caught 40+ passes his last three years of college. He was 6'2", 205, and ran a sub 4.4 40.

Productive players from major conferences with great size/speed ratios are generally great players to make investments on in the middle round.

Sometimes shit just doesn't work out.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
He's certainly NOT Lance Long.

The dude actually caught the ball and scored.

:D

Plus, he's 6'1, 204. Definite potential.
I was just referencing how much Haley talked him up is all.

Similarly to how he has talked up Tucker.

That catch was money though and I do think he could be our Breaston.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Which will require a decent investment of draft picks. Do you think we will trade for ANY position next year, or will we continue to pick up free agents?

Dude, I have no idea. I just don't know (and I'm not sure that anyone, outside the triumvirate of Pioli, Haley & Weis) know what they're thinking in terms of the quarterback.

They state one thing ("We want to get better, everywhere"), but Cassel seems untouchable.

BryanBusby
11-09-2010, 12:27 AM
:Lin:

Not the biggest Jackson fan, just want a legit #1 WR that's actually fast and capable of torching the secondary.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Will Franklin was a starter in college. He was honorable mention All BXII as a senior, and caught 40+ passes his last three years of college. He was 6'2", 205, and ran a sub 4.4 40.

Productive players from major conferences with great size/speed ratios are generally great players to make investments on in the middle round.

Sometimes shit just doesn't work out.

Any idea why Franklin didn't work out? Any rumors?

MU isn't televised often (if ever) in SoCal, and I can't recall ever seeing him on the field. Maclin, OTOH, was a consistent highlight reel.

It's a shame to see a young talent go to waste.

Sure-Oz
11-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Wasn't it cause Franklin was lazy? I believe he made the Raiders practice squad and then got cut

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Franklin wasn't a pussy, as Boss Chief incorrectly claimed, his biggest problem was he had a learning disability, which made it very hard for him to pick up the playbook. He was also somewhat corrupted by the culture of Herm, and showed up overweight in 2009, so he was made an example of in a way they couldn't afford to with someone like Dorsey.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:31 AM
I was just referencing how much Haley talked him up is all.

Similarly to how he has talked up Tucker.

With all due respect, I generally ignore Coachspeak, especially the current regime. I don't think they'll ever discredit a player in a public forum.

That catch was money though and I do think he could be our Breaston.

Well, that would be absolutely outstanding, albeit a little early to predict.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Franklin wasn't a pussy, as Boss Chief incorrectly claimed, his biggest problem was he had a learning disability, which made it very hard for him to pick up the playbook. He was also somewhat corrupted by the culture of Herm, and showed up overweight in 2009, so he was made an example of in a way they couldn't afford to with someone like Dorsey.

Well, hopefully he can overcome that and sign with a team in the future. I guess it all depends on his drive and desire to be great.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 12:35 AM
The last I knew, he was in the UFL, but I don't even think he's there anymore. The ship has most likely sailed for him. That said, when you have receivers with his potential upside with the minimal cost of a mid round pick, it's a good risk-reward.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 12:36 AM

Bullshit.

The guy was a pussy. If he didn't play for Mizzou, you wouldn't give two shits about him and you would list it as another completely failed pick and you know it.

Im not gonna claim to have seen him in a bunch of college games, but I CAN say that I have went to a shitton of practices and seen him with my own eyes and on television in real games and talked to him and more than a couple occasions at camp and he was SOFT in body and mind...I liked the pick until I saw him on the field.

Dude was a slightly bigger Sammy Parker.

When he knew the hit was coming, he pulled up EVERY TIME.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 12:39 AM
The last I knew, he was in the UFL, but I don't even think he's there anymore. The ship has most likely sailed for him. That said, when you have receivers with his potential upside with the minimal cost of a mid round pick, it's a good risk-reward.

but you cant let a 7th rounder for Jake Oconnell go...when he has a great size speed ratio.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM
but you cant let a 7th rounder for Jake Oconnell go...when he has a great size speed ratio.

All that Jake O'Connell has proved at this point is that he's wasting a roster spot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Bullshit.

The guy was a pussy. If he didn't play for Mizzou, you wouldn't give two shits about him and you would list it as another completely failed pick and you know it.

Im not gonna claim to have seen him in a bunch of college games, but I CAN say that I have went to a shitton of practices and seen him with my own eyes and on television in real games and talked to him and more than a couple occasions at camp and he was SOFT in body and mind...I liked the pick until I saw him on the field.

Dude was a slightly bigger Sammy Parker.

When he knew the hit was coming, he pulled up EVERY TIME.

This is so much specious bullshit.

He measured 6'1 210 at the combine, Samie Parker was 5'11 185.

I don't know how you could ever compare the two in body size.

It's also nice that you're duplicitous enough to pimp Verran Tucker based on the testimony of coachspeak, yet deride Franklin based on how he looked it practices.

I've said for a long time that the failure rate of draft picks is well-documented, but even with that being the case, it's far more defensible to draft a player who is perceived to be a good value, and Franklin was, than to reach for a player who is perceived to be a poor value, like Tyson Jackson.

Example: Trezelle Jenkins. It wasn't that he was a 1st round bust. Late 1st round busts happen every year. It's that he was a 4th round talent taken in the 1st, so not only did you waste a draft pick, you wasted a more valuable draft pick.

And finally, what the hell does talking to a player have to do with anything. If you were to talk to Troy Polamalu on the street, is he going to appear to be anything like he is on the field? Most people would think he's emo. Get the fuck out with that stupid shit.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
With all due respect, I generally ignore Coachspeak, especially the current regime. I don't think they'll ever discredit a player in a public forum.

Well, that would be absolutely outstanding, albeit a little early to predict.

there is a difference between coachspeak, in which Haley goes into "were getting better at every position...blah blah blah" and him going out of his way to comment in such a way about a player.

I likened him to Breaston because of his build and style of play. Also, he kind of came from nowhere and is a guy that Haley has stuck his neck out for...like Breston a couple years ago.

It sucks that we dont have a real quarterback, Id like to see how good this receiver corps could be with a legit guy throwing them the ball with this running game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 12:51 AM

He doesn't
He was never productive
He played in a far worse conference and was never a factor.

4.69 at a Pro day isn't lighting the world on fire. Besides, if you are going to tout something about O'Connell, tout his leaping ability, which of course he has demonstrated numerous times while blocking as the third TE on 3rd and short while the Chiefs run away from his side.

Hell, there were a number of TEs who were the same size with much better speed who actually produced in major conferences.

The stupidity of drafting Jake O'Connell was a perfect storm of idiocy.

1) You give up multiple picks for a bad player
2) Said player never produced,
3) Said player never played in a major conference
4) Said player doesn't have a great athletic profile.

Problems with some of the above four are excusable. All of them aren't. Keeping the guy on the roster for two years is even dumber. I'm sure he makes a mean pot of coffee, though.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 12:53 AM
there is a difference between coachspeak, in which Haley goes into "were getting better at every position...blah blah blah" and him going out of his way to comment in such a way about a player.

Dude, it's all good. I'm just way more skeptical of coach speak than most people. I think it's propaganda unless proven otherwise.

Hopefully, Tucker continues to deliver and as I've stated repeatedly, I think Horne may have a place as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 12:53 AM
there is a difference between coachspeak, in which Haley goes into "were getting better at every position...blah blah blah" and him going out of his way to comment in such a way about a player..

Like he did with the aforementioned (first by you) Jake O'Connell

or Lance Long

or that retard Tanner Purdum

BossChief
11-09-2010, 12:57 AM
This is so much specious bullshit.

He measured 6'1 210 at the combine, Samie Parker was 5'11 185.

I don't know how you could ever compare the two in body size.

It's also nice that you're duplicitous enough to pimp Verran Tucker based on the testimony of coachspeak, yet deride Franklin based on how he looked it practices.

I've said for a long time that the failure rate of draft picks is well-documented, but even with that being the case, it's far more defensible to draft a player who is perceived to be a good value, and Franklin was, than to reach for a player who is perceived to be a poor value, like Tyson Jackson.

Example: Trezelle Jenkins. It wasn't that he was a 1st round bust. Late 1st round busts happen every year. It's that he was a 4th round talent taken in the 1st, so not only did you waste a draft pick, you wasted a more valuable draft pick.

And finally, what the hell does talking to a player have to do with anything. If you were to talk to Troy Polamalu on the street, is he going to appear to be anything like he is on the field? Most people would think he's emo. Get the fuck out with that stupid shit.

I didnt compare their body sizes, I said he was a slightly bigger Sammy Parker. A guy that would pull up if he knew the hit was coming. Its accurate in game tape as well as practice. sammy would even catch the ball, but would fumble it...Will didnt even make the full effort to catch tthe damn ball..in fact I remember at least three times where he was thrown to deep with decent coverage where the defender got the pick with Will not even putting in any effort into knocking the ball down, but you probably dont remember those because he went to Mizzou so he could do no wrong. If you disagree with that, you are looking at it through Mizzou glasses.

The guy got cut by two or three other teams after us because of what is likely the same thing. the learning disability makes sense though, he didnt seem like he was 100% there like a NFL quality player is when I was able to talk to him. Almost Junior Siavii esque

I have liked Tucker for some time now, it only has part to do with what Haley has said...what he said seemed to confirm what my eyes told me.

You like Will Franklin because he went to Mizzou...if he went to Iowa or Texas, you would slam the pick to this day for all the justifiable reasons.

If you cant understand how talking to a player and seeing how he responds to stuff in person as a huge part of the equation of how to judge a players demeanor, you arent as smart as I once thought you are so "get the fuck out with that retarded shit" Im talking about talking to him right after practice and asking him questions about practice that he should have been able to answer and seemed weak minded in the way he answered them...and not just to me either.

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm hoping Tucker makes the most of his time and pushes Chambers off the roster.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Bullshit.

Franklin was a physically talented player. He didn't work out. He obviously wasn't 100% dedicated (weight) and he had a learning disability. I don't give a shit that he went to Mizzou.

If you knew my posting history, you'd know that I've been a longtime critic of guys like William Moore and Chase Coffman, two of the more prominent recent MU players in the NFL. I was super high on Weatherspoon and Maclin.

Why? The latter guys are good, or have the ability to be good. Moore always played like he had shit for brains. Franklin flashed a lot of ability, didn't get as many touches, but was the deep threat on that team. It's a risk worth taking. We had good implied odds.

Finally, 25 pounds is not "slightly bigger". 25 pounds is the difference between TO and Jeremy Maclin.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Here's a post about Moore's draft stock falling at the Senior Bowl:

Nor should he be.

He was sooooo overrated going into this year. You can't blame it on injuries, either. He just played like shit, and he did it at the Senior Bowl too. I don't think I'd take him in the second round, let alone the first.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 01:11 AM
He doesn't
He was never productive
He played in a far worse conference and was never a factor.

4.69 at a Pro day isn't lighting the world on fire. Besides, if you are going to tout something about O'Connell, tout his leaping ability, which of course he has demonstrated numerous times while blocking as the third TE on 3rd and short while the Chiefs run away from his side.

Hell, there were a number of TEs who were the same size with much better speed who actually produced in major conferences.

The stupidity of drafting Jake O'Connell was a perfect storm of idiocy.

1) You give up multiple picks for a bad player
2) Said player never produced,
3) Said player never played in a major conference
4) Said player doesn't have a great athletic profile.

Problems with some of the above four are excusable. All of them aren't. Keeping the guy on the roster for two years is even dumber. I'm sure he makes a mean pot of coffee, though.
Jake is 6'3" 250 and has good speed for that size as well as a lot of athleticism.

We didnt trade "multiple picks" for him either, we traded a future 7th rounder for him FFS. This has been brought up many times. It was a bad pick, but lets not stretch the facts.

He was/is a failed pick (if thats what you chose to call a 7th rounder thats still around for whatever the reason, that I dont even know) but my point is that he was a 7th rounder that you bring up all the time as a guy that symbolizes the failure of our ability to draft while, on the other hand, call Will Franklin a good pick at a very high 4th rounder. He was cut by multiple teams in his second year, right?

I didnt even know about his learning disability, but it was evident by talking to him that he wasnt a very smart dude.

Like he did with the aforementioned (first by you) Jake O'Connell

or Lance Long

or that retard Tanner Purdum

Yeah, I know I brought up the quotes about Lance Long earlier.

haha

I dont even remember Purdum though, that must have been during the couple weeks that I had to put a lot more time in at work.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Bullshit.

Franklin was a physically talented player. He didn't work out. He obviously wasn't 100% dedicated (weight) and he had a learning disability. I don't give a shit that he went to Mizzou.

If you knew my posting history, you'd know that I've been a longtime critic of guys like William Moore and Chase Coffman, two of the more prominent recent MU players in the NFL. I was super high on Weatherspoon and Maclin.

Why? The latter guys are good, or have the ability to be good. Moore always played like he had shit for brains. Franklin flashed a lot of ability, didn't get as many touches, but was the deep threat on that team. It's a risk worth taking. We had good implied odds.

Finally, 25 pounds is not "slightly bigger". 25 pounds is the difference between TO and Jeremy Maclin.
and you would have taken Maclin at 3rd overall.

Nobody that wasn't a Mizzou fan would have even thought of doing that.

Its ok dude, it happens to all of us.

I have a thread about taking Ricki Stanzi (who had another clutch game winning pass this weekend) in the late second round, we all have a special place in our hearts for our favorite players from our college team.

Just like all the poundings I got this time last year for all my Moeaki Talk (and Pat Angerer)

Count Alex's Wins
11-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Verran Tucker has one catch this year. He's a glorified special teams player.

The Chiefs should look into a trade. The Anquan Boldin deal has been huge for Baltimore.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 01:33 AM

The Chiefs should look into a trade. The Anquan Boldin deal has been huge for Baltimore.

I wouldnt trade Asamoah AND Moeaki for Boldin though

would you?

iirc they got a 3rd and 4th for him right?

Count Alex's Wins
11-09-2010, 02:15 AM
I wouldnt trade Asamoah AND Moeaki for Boldin though

would you?

Yes.

Boldin > Moeaki.

SNR
11-09-2010, 02:16 AM

The Chiefs should look into a trade. The Anquan Boldin deal has been huge for Baltimore.At least he caught his TD in the regular season.

Fans are still desperate, but at least Tucker is an upgrade from that piece of shit Jeremy Horne. But I'm still going to laugh in their faces if they make him out as anything more than a special teams player, like you said.

I agree. We should've looked into acquiring Boldin.

googlegoogle
11-09-2010, 02:47 AM
For some crazy reason we NEVER draft a wr in the later rounds.

SNR
11-09-2010, 02:48 AM
For some crazy reason we NEVER draft a wr in the later rounds.Is this sarcasm?

Fritz88
11-09-2010, 03:38 AM
I will not ask for an elite WR via a trade or the draft unless we have someone who knows how to throw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Surely there are some teams that would be willing to give up an elite WR (like a Chad Johnson) for some draft picks to help their rebuild.

Yes as soon as you find a time machine that goes back to 2006 or so

BossChief
11-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes.

Boldin > Moeaki.
No.

If you would trade Asamoah AND Moeaki for Boldin right now, you are crazy.

Like it or not, we are STILL a young team that isnt ready to compete quite yet and by the time we are, Moeaki and Asamoah will be HUGE pieces of that puzzle.

Two young players that have already shown the ability to dominate their opponents are worth a lot more than a 30 year old receiver that has only played 2 16 game seasons due to injury... out of 8.

17 games lost to injuries that add up.

With how much higher we picked over the Ravens, our third and fourth would be worth more than the Ravens 3rd 4th and 5th rounders.

The question wasn't would you trade Moeaki for Boldin, it was would you trade Asamoah AND Moeaki for Boldin (30 years old)

Count Alex's Wins
11-09-2010, 01:39 PM
The question wasn't would you trade Moeaki for Boldin, it was would you trade Asamoah AND Moeaki for Boldin (30 years old)

Anquan Boldin is a game-changing receiver.

If the Chiefs had given their second-round pick for him, they could have still drafted Moeaki and Asamoah.

Can you imagine this offense with Boldin, Bowe and Moeaki?

Cassel would actually look decent.

McGimmick can bite my nuts.

To answer your question, yes, I still would trade both of them. You can find good guards every year. Moeaki looks pretty special, but Boldin's more special. I'll take five good years from Boldin and in the meantime if my GM is worth his salt he can find a guard and a tight end that can play. Remember, championship teams aren't built on guards and tight ends. This team has lacked receivers for years.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I guess we will just disagree then.

No way in hell would I trade Asamoah AND Moeaki for Boldin RIGHT NOW.

If Boldin was only like 27 years old, I would think about it, but still likely keep our kids.

Its true you can find playable guards frequently, but Asamoah is the whole package and he is nasty. Guards that can dominate in pass protection and the running game don't come around too often...similarly to how rare Tight ends are that are the total package.

Also, your argument can also be made in the reverse...any GM worth his salt can find WRs in the middle rounds with some consistency...especially when we have a guy at HC that his specialty is WRs and has been groomed to know what to look for in prospects since a very yo0ung age from one of the best of all time in Dick Haley.

I said it before, during and after the draft...Jon Asamoah has Will Shields type potential.

Boldin wouldn't make Cassel a real quarterback.

LiL stumppy
11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Ochocinco sucks, he was a whiny baby tonight when TO kept getting the ball

yea. he's awful :rolleyes:

Count Alex's Wins
11-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Well put it this way, then - Boldin > McCluster.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Well put it this way, then - Boldin > McCluster.
Remember, Boldin is 30 and has had A LOT of significant injuries that pile up and DMC is only 22 and defenses already respect him and always have to know where he is because of matchup problems.

Dexter has 568 total yards and 2 touchdowns in 6 games...that's not too shabby for a rookie that the staff hasnt had long enough to know how many ways they can use him to attack defenses.

A better argument would be Arenas IMO.

We could have had Syquan Thompson in the 6th or 7th (trade for future pick) and traded the later second for Boldin and been much better right now, but that's all in hindsight (although I really liked Thompson predraft and thought he would be a damn good nickle corner).

FAX
11-09-2010, 02:27 PM
SIPPIO!!!

FAX

Count Alex's Wins
11-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Remember, Boldin is 30 and has had A LOT of significant injuries that pile up and DMC is only 22 and defenses already respect him and always have to know where he is because of matchup problems.

Dexter has 568 total yards and 2 touchdowns in 6 games...that's not too shabby for a rookie that the staff hasnt had long enough to know how many ways they can use him to attack defenses.

A better argument would be Arenas IMO.

We could have had Syquan Thompson in the 6th or 7th (trade for future pick) and traded the later second for Boldin and been much better right now, but that's all in hindsight (although I really liked Thompson predraft and thought he would be a damn good nickle corner).

Now you're talking.

Bowe, Moeaki, Boldin, McCluster.

Damn, that would be hard to defend.

Another indictment on Pioli.

googlegoogle
11-09-2010, 02:32 PM
We should draft a WR every year. EVERY YEAR.

Look at our History of WRs' in the last 20 years.

Mr. Laz
11-09-2010, 02:41 PM
could we ... yes

will we ... no

i just don't think that's Pioli's plan. He is going to build through the draft and supplement with cheap veterans.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 02:43 PM
We should draft a WR every year. EVERY YEAR.

Look at our History of WRs' in the last 20 years.actually, we have...every year for the last 7...we didn't exactly draft very good ones though.

DMC
Lawrence
Franklin
Bowe
Webb
Thorpe
Parker/Mcintyre

kcfanXIII
11-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I will not ask for an elite WR via a trade or the draft unless we have someone who knows how to throw.
Posted via Mobile Device

this. seriously. when you have a qb that plays like crap, an elite WR is not going to do anything except bitch about not getting the ball. it would be like dropping a festiva motor into a ferrari's body. people are just going to laugh at you and call you douche.

Tuckdaddy
11-09-2010, 03:08 PM
this. seriously. when you have a qb that plays like crap, an elite WR is not going to do anything except bitch about not getting the ball. it would be like dropping a festiva motor into a ferrari's body. people are just going to laugh at you and call you douche.

In NE Cassel was good and now he struggles and no doubt it's our WR's. That's the difference. I think Cassel is not that great be we have the worst WR's in the league and it hurts him even being mediocre. They have trouble getting open. Lenny the cool says it every broadcast. He knows what an open reciever looks like and our don't get open that much, You can tell on TV. How many yards after catch do any of them get? None. They are tackled immediiately. I bet our YAC is the worst in the league.

Count Alex's Wins
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
How many yards after catch do any of them get? None. They are tackled immediiately.

:rolleyes:

Did you forget Bowe's two 50-yard TDs against Houston and Jacksonville?

Chiefnj2
11-09-2010, 03:15 PM

Wasn't Moss able to put up 11 TD with Cassel?

MahiMike
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
I think WR is the easiest position to fill in the draft. Lotsa guys every year.

Red Coater
11-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Trade for larry fitzgerald. Then sign Vick=superbowl

Chiefs Rool
11-09-2010, 03:39 PM

Trading for a receiver would be ****ing dumb.

as true as that may be, we wouldn't be guaranteed to "hit" on a later round WR. I'm hoping that Dexter McCluster will make a difference in the passing game, he opens things up a little bit I think. But we certainly need to draft a WR or 2 next year and maybe go after a free agent.

milkman
11-09-2010, 03:40 PM

I just clicked on this thread and started reading it, and got this far.

I hope the stupidity of this post has already been addressed.

milkman
11-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Which is why I said "offseason" in the title.

I'm not saying we should trade FOR Ochocinco; just someone like him.

Okay, it was.

Not the way I would have addressed it, but oh well.

BossChief
11-09-2010, 03:49 PM
In NE Cassel was good and now he struggles and no doubt it's our WR's. That's the difference. I think Cassel is not that great be we have the worst WR's in the league and it hurts him even being mediocre. They have trouble getting open. Lenny the cool says it every broadcast. He knows what an open reciever looks like and our don't get open that much, You can tell on TV. How many yards after catch do any of them get? None. They are tackled immediiately. I bet our YAC is the worst in the league.
dude, you cant just make statements like that and place all the blame on the wideouts.

If the ball is put in a place where they can catch it in stride, the YAC would be better but he almost always puts the ball in a place where the receiver has to lose speed to catch it and in many instances they have to stop altogether and struggle to just touch the ball.

Its not like Bowe was a 1000 yard receiver in both of his two years before Cassel got here.

Bowe had more yards in 2008 than in every game combined with Cassel...

coincidence?

If you are trying to say that Dexter McCluster doesnt get open, I dont know what to tell you.

If you are saying that his passes to Moeaki have been accurate and in a fashion that allows him to continue on his path to gain more yards...well just look at my sig for a moment.

How many times has the ball his a running backs feet on a swing pass?

I mean, really are you seriously trying to say that the bigger problem is the guys he has to throw to?

If so, I strongly disagree.

I am of the small group here that thinks that this group of receivers could be a damn fine group of we had a good quarterback and all we truly need is a real #1 guy (and of course, a real quarterback) to make it a truly ELITE group. Especially with how deadly our running attack has beed and how much attention it gathers from opponents.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Another indictment on Pioli.

Do you not know what the word indictment means or do you seriously think Pioli is in need of any indictment?

Count Alex's Wins
11-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Do you not know what the word indictment means or do you seriously think Pioli is in need of any indictment?

Apparently you don't. Grab a thesaurus and look up synonyms for indictment.

While you're at it, look up synonyms for shitty. You'll find a picture of Cassel.

LiL stumppy
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Dude..Just. Stop.

Cassel is freaking awful. Seriously,everyone, watch every ball he has thrown this year.. I want you to count how many were good throws, and how many were bad throws.

It would be about a 75-25 ratio.

I can't believe people defend this guy, it blows my mind.

There has been games where he hasn't lost us the game.

But he will never be a QB who can win us games. EVER. He is average, he over throws everything.

His first throw in the raiders game was a 30 feet lob in the air to TM when he was 5 yards in front of him! Then at the end of the 4th quater he over threw a open reciever on 2nd and 10, and then again on 3rd and 10..

He is awful.

LiL stumppy
11-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Wasn't Moss able to put up 11 TD with Cassel?

Moss can put up 20 td with any QB that was ever in the NFL if he wanted to.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Apparently you don't. Grab a thesaurus and look up synonyms for indictment.

I know exactly what it means...So you think Pioli has done a poor job thus far?

Because that is the only reason one would indict him.