PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Chargers are scary.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Screw the Raiders.

Here is what I am concerned about: the Chargers.

Look at their remaining schedule:

Denver, Indianapolis, Oakland, Kansas City, San Francisco, Cincy, Denver.

San Diego's schedule is easy. I can see them losing to Indianapolis and winning the rest of those games.

That would give them a 10-6 record.

If the Chiefs go 5-3 in the second half with losses to San Diego, Seattle and Tennessee, they finish 10-6. I think that's realistic.

So who wins the division?

The Chargers, due to the best W-L-T percentage in common games.

Chargers would be 8-4 in common games if they beat everyone but Indianapolis.

Chiefs would be 7-5 in the scenario I presented.

We're looking at the narrowest of margins for the division. The Chiefs can't afford a fuckup in the division from here on out.

I think the Chiefs might have a very slight chance of beating San Diego in San Diego in a month, but it's pretty clear to me right now San Diego is a better football team.

Silock
11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I agree. Although, I think that based on tonight's Bengal game, it could be somewhat difficult for SD.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 01:09 AM
San Diego's record against teams we have played or will play: 4-3

Bottom line: St. Louis and Seattle could be big games for us, because San Diego lost to those teams.

ZootedGranny
11-09-2010, 01:12 AM
This has been my assumption for a few weeks now.

Say what you will about Rivers, but he's an absolute monster, and will keep San Diego in the hunt as long as he has someone with a pulse that can catch a pass.

I think San Diego will probably drop a game they shouldn't, but I unfortunately think the same of the Chiefs. I'm hoping it'll be close down the stretch, but I won't be surprised if the Chargers end up on top of the division again.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 01:18 AM

So yeah, the Chargers would win the division. Updating the OP.

Crap.

cdcox
11-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Uh, yeah I've been saying this for two weeks.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7115840&postcount=32

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Uh, yeah I've been saying this for two weeks.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7115840&postcount=32

Indeed you did. I think most people wanted to see if San Diego was going to beat Houston and Tennessee, though.

SNR
11-09-2010, 01:20 AM
We really could have used this game.

Whatever. Figures. San Diego always finds a way to pull the playoffs out of their asses. It's just reality.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Basically, the game in San Diego is gonna be huge.

Common games is a bullshit tie breaker. We sweep the Chargers we won't have to worry about it.

cdcox
11-09-2010, 01:26 AM

Common games is a bullshit tie breaker. We sweep the Chargers we won't have to worry about it.

Yep. If we beat the Chargers, our chances of winning the division are like 97%. If we lose the Charger game, our chances of winning the division are only 52%. That's what makes the NFL so great. So much is riding on every game.

Chiefs=Good
11-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Really shows what having a franchise QB can do for a team...

BIG_DADDY
11-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Got VJAX coming back too.

Chiefs=Good
11-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Got VJAX coming back too.

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/shocked-wrestling-fan.gif

BIG_DADDY
11-09-2010, 02:05 AM
http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/shocked-wrestling-fan.gif

What is it with all these red X's in place of pictures I can't even open when I right click?

Jim Jones
11-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Really shows what having a franchise QB can do for a team...

Yep. They have a bad coach, bad special teams, OK defense...but possibly the best QB in the NFL. Give us that MF'er and we're undefeated right now. :cuss:

mikey23545
11-09-2010, 02:35 AM
The Chief's chances of winning the division slipped through Einstein Bowe's arms and splashed onto the muddy turf in Oakland last Sunday.

It's pretty obvious that as usual San Diego is shaking off its customary early season slumber, and the Chiefs needed to hang on to every bit of cushion they had to have a shot at winning the West.

They have now consigned themselves to getting neither playoff experience <i>or</i> a primo draft position, while we, the fans, will receive yet another broken heart to hang from our bedpost...

Silock
11-09-2010, 03:01 AM
The Chief's chances of winning the division slipped through Einstein Bowe's arms and splashed onto the muddy turf in Oakland last Sunday.

It's pretty obvious that as usual San Diego is shaking off its customary early season slumber, and the Chiefs needed to hang on to every bit of cushion they had to have a shot at winning the West.

They have now consigned themselves to getting neither playoff experience <i>or</i> a primo draft position, while we, the fans, will receive yet another broken heart to hang from our bedpost...

Yeah, I don't think the situation is quite that dire. Yet.

Besides, this is part of it. You don't *generally* go from "great draft position" to "serious playoff contender" in one season. It's happened before, but it's far from the norm. A year of between 6-10 and 10-6 is bound to happen. As long as those years aren't a pattern, then it's all good.

the Talking Can
11-09-2010, 03:39 AM
they have a real QB, of course they're scary....

ChiefsNow
11-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Screw the Raiders.

Here is what I am concerned about: the Chargers.

Look at their remaining schedule:

Denver, Indianapolis, Oakland, Kansas City, San Francisco, Cincy, Denver.

San Diego's schedule is easy. I can see them losing to Indianapolis and winning the rest of those games.

That would give them a 10-6 record.

If the Chiefs go 5-3 in the second half with losses to San Diego, Seattle and Tennessee, they finish 10-6. I think that's realistic.

So who wins the division?

The Chargers, due to the best W-L-T percentage in common games.

We're looking at the narrowest of margins for the division. The Chiefs can't afford a fuckup in the division from here on out.

I think the Chiefs might have a very slight chance of beating San Diego in San Diego in a month, but it's pretty clear to me right now San Diego is a better football team.

This was a big reason that I thought the game against the Raiders was do or die for us. We really needed the win and the head start against the chargers. Right now we have to start hoping for the right people to lose for us to get in because I don't think we will win against the chargers in San Diego. Unless of course, Todd Haley is right about us getting better every week and if he actually states, that we can actually beat the chargers in their stadium. I actually believe in him , and I think the players do too, that if he actually says we are a good team the day before we play the Chargers in San diego, that we will actually win. I hope that is in his cards. I hope he openly states that WE ARE A GOOD TEAM AND WE WILL BEAT THE CHARGERS just before the game. He keeps talking about thinking outside the box. I'm hoping that he will state that we are a Good team just prior to our game agains the Chargers and he EXPECTS TO WIN THE GAME.

Gadzooks
11-09-2010, 05:34 AM
The Chargers aren't scary. They lost the Rams for crying out loud!

The Chiefs should take it easy for the remainder of the season and give their players some rest before the playoffs.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-09-2010, 05:36 AM
That game was certainly a difficult loss. One that the Chiefs should have won. One that slipped through Bowe and Flowers fingers. One that would have given the Chiefs even more of a cushion.

But, the Chiefs still have a lead in the division. The Chiefs still control their own destiny. The Chiefs still have a relatively easy schedule.

This loss and the loss at Houston could both haunt the Chiefs for the rest of the season. But, if the Chiefs get to 10-6, then I think they win the division, and if they don't, I can still appreciate a year far better than I expected coming into this season.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 05:38 AM

The Chiefs should take it easy for the remainder of the season and give their players some rest before the playoffs.

Look at this people...look at this.

The Chargers fans can smell blood in the water.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 05:47 AM
I actually believe in him , and I think the players do too, that if he actually says we are a good team the day before we play the Chargers in San diego, that we will actually win. I hope that is in his cards. I hope he openly states that WE ARE A GOOD TEAM AND WE WILL BEAT THE CHARGERS just before the game. He keeps talking about thinking outside the box. I'm hoping that he will state that we are a Good team just prior to our game agains the Chargers and he EXPECTS TO WIN THE GAME.

You never know.

Jimmy Johnson used a similar psychology on the Cowboys during their first Super Bowl season.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-09-2010, 05:48 AM
Do we really think that the Chiefs lose to the Titans at home? I think it is more of a possibility to lose the game at Denver.

I think the Chiefs could lose the Denver, San Diego, and either Seattle or St Louis.

But, if they beat the Broncos this week, I think they will be 6-2 down the stretch.

This Broncos game is no gimme. The Broncos have been licking their wounds for two weeks. They will be up as high as they can for this game.

The Chiefs have just finished two overtime games and are in the second week of road games. Tough game.

13and3
11-09-2010, 06:06 AM
The Charges will screw it up this year, they are just not very reliable. Why are Chiefs fans so pessimistic?

notorious
11-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Why are Chiefs fans so pessimistic?

Look at the last 40 years and you will find your answer. :facepalm:

Ebolapox
11-09-2010, 06:33 AM
The Charges will screw it up this year, they are just not very reliable. Why are Chiefs fans so pessimistic?

because we just blew a game in oakland that may have cleared the way for a playoff run. we shit the bed. what do you expect?

Msmith
11-09-2010, 07:11 AM
The Chargers always start out slow, resulting in the outcry of the dismissal of Turner. Then they catch on fire the second half of the season, and the outcry dies down. When they get beat in the playoff, after all the moaning dies down, the fans will put their hope again for next year. Turner will not get fired and the cycle will repeat over and over. Turner being a Chargers' coach maybe the best thing happens to the upstart Chiefs and Raiders in the near future.

BCD
11-09-2010, 07:14 AM
They would be scary if they werent constantly shooting themselves in the foot.
They're loaded with talent, but their HC is still Norv Turner.

Tuckdaddy
11-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Do we really think that the Chiefs lose to the Titans at home? I think it is more of a possibility to lose the game at Denver.

I think the Chiefs could lose the Denver, San Diego, and either Seattle or St Louis.

But, if they beat the Broncos this week, I think they will be 6-2 down the stretch.

This Broncos game is no gimme. The Broncos have been licking their wounds for two weeks. They will be up as high as they can for this game.

The Chiefs have just finished two overtime games and are in the second week of road games. Tough game.

Yes we can lose to the Titans. Have you watched them. They are good and now they have a motivated Moss. It will be tough for us to beat them with pour shiit QB and air attack.

Three7s
11-09-2010, 07:34 AM

This guy's funny.

BCD
11-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Yes we can lose to the Titans. Have you watched them. They are good and now they have a motivated Moss. It will be tough for us to beat them with pour shiit QB and air attack.They let Denver beat them. I'm not convinced.

Nzoner
11-09-2010, 08:03 AM
I now it sounds like something we hear from players week after week but I could give a shit about the upcoming schedule and what may or may not happen.I'm focused on Denver and only Denver,go there take care of business and refocus on the next game.

Warrior5
11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I now it sounds like something we hear from players week after week but I could give a shit about the upcoming schedule and what may or may not happen.I'm focused on Denver and only Denver,go there take care of business and refocus on the next game.

This X eleventy billion.

If the Chiefs crap in their helmets at Pile High, all this discussion about about remaining schedules is like predicting next year's draft picks.

thecoffeeguy
11-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Living in San Diego, I see a lot of coverage, news etc. etc. :barf:

Anyway, Rivers and Gates are that team. Christ, Rivers was throwing the football to guys just signed of the practice squad. He is playing incredible right now. Surprised nobody has mentioned him in the MVP race. Dude has almost 3,000 yards passing through 9 games, on pace for 5,300 yards for the season. :eek:

Was listening to a sports show yesterday here and they had the GM on, AJ Smith. Arrogant prick IMO. Anyway, they talked about ST and what a disaster is and they asked him how many games ST has cost the Chargers. He said 3 games, which I can agree with. Then they talked stats about the Chargers ST. Check this out.

3 KR for TD's
1 PR for TD
5 Blocked punts, the rest of the NFL, 5 total blocked punts. ROFL

Banged up, but going into the bye week. Then they get probably everyone back, including Vincent Jackson. They will probably hit in stride now and be more dangerous.

I still think their defense is average, nothing great. They have no pass rush and their ILB are weak.

EDIT: One thing I heard recently from the local Chargers beat writer. They were talking about Vincent Jackson, that whole debacle and what is going to happen next year. I *guess* Larry Fitzgerald is unhappy in Arizona and the beat writer made a non-direct statement that the Chargers are going to heavily pursue Fitzgerald after this season. Not sure what they will do with Jackson, but damn....Rivers, Gates, Fitzgerald, Floyd....

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 08:22 AM
For a team with no pass rush they sure get a lot of sacks. 27.

I *guess* Larry Fitzgerald is unhappy in Arizona and the beat writer made a non-direct statement that the Chargers are going to heavily pursue Fitzgerald after this season.

The Chiefs can't afford to let Fitzgerald get away if he's really going to another team. And especially not to the Chargers.

Gadzooks
11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
For a team with no pass rush they sure get a lot of sacks. 27.
Other than Phillips most of the sacks have come on corner and interior LB blitzes with the odd garbage sack by DLs when the pocket finally caves. They’re not nearly as fierce with the OLB blitzes.

The Chiefs can't afford to let Fitzgerald get away if he's really going to another team. And especially not to the Chargers.
There's no way AJ or Pioli pay a hefty price for Fitz, (it's not their style).
That'd be more of a Dan Snyder move.

bobbything
11-09-2010, 08:47 AM

This.

If the Chiefs are a legitimate threat to win the division, they simply need to beat the teams they should (St. Louis, Arizona, Seattle, Denver, and Oakland) and find a way to beat San Diego in Cali.

I like KC's chances of being 4-0 going into the San Diego game. Though Denver typically presents problems for us, they are horrible this year. Just awful.

Arizona at home should be a gimmie.

Seattle has been playing atrocious, though, they're tough at home.

Denver at home should be a gimmie.

Then, at San Diego. I predict we'll be 9-3 at that point. 11-5 to end the season.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2010, 08:48 AM

This.....Schedule means nothing in the NFL...i dont know why guys get so focused on it?

Chiefs beat Cleveland, who beat the Saints and Pats....

bowener
11-09-2010, 08:52 AM
This was a big reason that I thought the game against the Raiders was do or die for us. We really needed the win and the head start against the chargers. Right now we have to start hoping for the right people to lose for us to get in because I don't think we will win against the chargers in San Diego. Unless of course, Todd Haley is right about us getting better every week and if he actually states, that we can actually beat the chargers in their stadium. I actually believe in him , and I think the players do too, that if he actually says we are a good team the day before we play the Chargers in San diego, that we will actually win. I hope that is in his cards. I hope he openly states that WE ARE A GOOD TEAM AND WE WILL BEAT THE CHARGERS just before the game. He keeps talking about thinking outside the box. I'm hoping that he will state that we are a Good team just prior to our game agains the Chargers and he EXPECTS TO WIN THE GAME.

Did you say you want him to say, "we are a good team and we will beat the chargers?" I just want to make sure I got this all sorted out here...

qfactor
11-09-2010, 09:46 AM
This.

If the Chiefs are a legitimate threat to win the division, they simply need to beat the teams they should (St. Louis, Arizona, Seattle, Denver, and Oakland) and find a way to beat San Diego in Cali.

I like KC's chances of being 4-0 going into the San Diego game. Though Denver typically presents problems for us, they are horrible this year. Just awful.

Arizona at home should be a gimmie.

Seattle has been playing atrocious, though, they're tough at home.

Denver at home should be a gimmie.

Then, at San Diego. I predict we'll be 9-3 at that point. 11-5 to end the season.

I agree. I think the Chargers may run the table.They can beat every team they have remaining on their schedule. The Chiefs just have to take care of Business, they are going to have to go 12-4 or 11-5 because, I don't think 10-6 will be enough now. It a tall order because they will have to sweep a team in the division but, it's the only way IMO.

Either way it's been a exciting season so far.

Champ
11-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Once again, Chief fans. Stop looking forward at games and chalking them up as wins. Do you not see how your team has looked the last two weeks? You should be 4-4 right now, possibly 3-5 if David Garrard would've played 3 weeks ago.

You guys just need to realize that you're team is not nearly as good as you thought it was. You have beaten bottom feeders to get those five wins so far, and the one big game you have to show that your team is legit, you lose to the Oakland Raiders who were playing with mostly back up players.

With the way the Chiefs are playing right now, any team left on your schedule can beat you. Any team.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 10:01 AM
With the way the Chiefs are playing right now, any team left on your schedule can beat you. Any team.

Yeah, we might lose to the 49ers.

lawrenceRaider
11-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Yep. They have a bad coach, bad special teams, OK defense...but possibly the best QB in the NFL. Give us that MF'er and we're undefeated right now. :cuss:

Put that guy on about any team that's not the Chargers, and he wins the first 7-8 games every year. Poor guy won't win anything as long as he's a Charger.

bobbything
11-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Once again, Chief fans. Stop looking forward at games and chalking them up as wins. Do you not see how your team has looked the last two weeks? You should be 4-4 right now, possibly 3-5 if David Garrard would've played 3 weeks ago.
We could play this game all day if you want. The Chargers could easily be 2-7 right now. The last two weeks, they had every opportunity to lose, and they didn't.

See how easy that is?

Bane
11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Fuck the chargers.Peace out.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-09-2010, 11:01 AM
CHIEFS
WEEK 10 @DEN W
WEEK 11 CARDS W
WEEK12 @SEA W
WEEK 13 DEN W
WEEK 14 @SD L
WEEK 15 @ RAMS W
WEEK 16 TENN L
WEEK 17 OAK W

11- 5
if the chiefs are for real this should be no problem if there not they wont be going to playoffs

Chocolate Hog
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Not to mention Jackson and McNeil are back.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I see what you're saying, GoChiefs. I don't feel like we have the room to mess up anymore. The honeymoon is over from the start we had this year. We have to start winning. A lot.

Blick
11-09-2010, 01:20 PM
CHIEFS
WEEK 10 @DEN W
WEEK 11 CARDS W
WEEK12 @SEA W
WEEK 13 DEN W
WEEK 14 @SD L
WEEK 15 @ RAMS W
WEEK 16 TENN L
WEEK 17 OAK W

11- 5
if the chiefs are for real this should be no problem if there not they wont be going to playoffs

All of the road games could be losses at this point.

Ugly Duck
11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
We could play this game all day if you want. The Chargers could easily be 2-7 right now.

Oakland could be leading the division if Jano had not slipped trying to kick that chip-shot FG at the end of the Cardinal game.

Oakland could lead the division if KC falls to Denver on Sunday.

I could say something intelligent if I really wanted to.

B_Ambuehl
11-09-2010, 03:26 PM
CHIEFS
WEEK 10 @DEN W
WEEK 11 CARDS W
WEEK12 @SEA W
WEEK 13 DEN W
WEEK 14 @SD L
WEEK 15 @ RAMS W
WEEK 16 TENN L
WEEK 17 OAK W

11- 5

This is a perfect example why this place implodes after a loss. Totally unrealistic expectations.

When was the last time the chiefs won 2 games in a row in Denver?

With Denver coming off a bye?

People should be happy to finish 9-7 IMO. Anytime you get outplayed by an 0-7 buffalo team at home and lose to a horrific Faiders team after being up by 10 you should be hoping for wins, not expecting them.

One thing people never factor in to this sort of discussion is injuries.

There's still a ton of football to be played and this team has been relatively fortunate with injuries thus far.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-09-2010, 03:28 PM
This is a perfect example why this place implodes after a loss. Totally unrealistic expectations.

When was the last time the chiefs won 2 games in a row in Denver?

With Denver coming off a bye?

People should be happy to finish 9-7 IMO. Anytime you get outplayed by an 0-7 buffalo team at home and lose to a horrific Faiders team after being up by 10 you should be hoping for wins, not expecting them.

One thing people never factor in to this sort of discussion is injuries.

There's still a ton of football to be played and this team has been relatively fortunate with injuries thus far.

Agreed. Some people are expecting way too much for a rebuilding team. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make the playoffs.

Silock
11-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I could say something intelligent if I really wanted to.

This is a fact not in evidence.

boogblaster
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Never count em out .. they can win their divison .. but can't advance .......

Halfcan
11-09-2010, 06:41 PM
The way the chiefs are coached and the way they choked in Fader land-any talk of winning the division is a joke.

Maybe next year with a legit QB, 2 new WR's and a new Offensive Cordinator.

Gadzooks
11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
The title of this thread should be changed to "The Norf is Scaly"

notorious
11-09-2010, 07:12 PM
All of the road games could be losses at this point.

Yep.

This team is making progress, but we aren't going anywhere until our players start making plays when it counts the most.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Yep.

This team is making progress, but we aren't going anywhere until our players start making plays when it counts the most.

Pretty much. Any team can win at home, but if you wanna become something special you have to win on the road. Until we do, this is the Chargers' division. Probably still is this year.