PDA

View Full Version : Weather CU fires Hawkins

the Talking Can
11-09-2010, 06:42 AM
thought they couldn't afford to buy him out...

BOULDER - It was the news many people had been expecting: Dan Hawkins fired from his position as the head football coach of the University of Colorado Buffaloes.

9News learned about CU's decision Monday night. It came after the Buffs had a massive collapse in the fourth-quarter Saturday, the biggest in Colorado history. CU gave up 35 points to the Kansas Jayhawks to erase a 45-17 lead.

The Buff-aloes are 3-6 this season and 0-5 in the Big 12, the last time the team will play in the Big 12 because it joins the Pac 12 next season. The Buffs have also lost 17 straight road games. If the Buffs had won, it would have been their first road win since 2007.

CU Athletic Director Mike Bohn had reportedly planned to wait until after the season ended to terminate Hawkins, but the collapse in Kansas forced his hand. He told Hawkins on Monday that he was fired, effective immediately.

In his time with CU, Hawkins accumulated a record of only 19-39.

Associate Head Coach Ryan Cabral will take over as interim head coach while the school runs a national search for Hawkins' replacement.

Hawkins' son, Cody Hawkins, will remain as the Buffs' quarterback. He is the only healthy quarterback on the roster because Tyler Hansen is recovering from a hard hit that hospitalized him two weeks ago.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20101109/SPORTS/11090325/CU-fires-Hawkins-Cabral-to-take-over-for-now

repost? aids yourself

Sam Hall
11-09-2010, 08:21 AM
They were waiting for the lottery numbers to see if they had enough money to fire him. I'd like to thank Dan for having a crappy team and for his contribution to head coach tirades. IT'S DIVISION I FOOTBALL!!!

Frazod
11-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Heh. The beakers killed Hawkins. Good work, guys! LMAO

Baconeater
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I was actually worried about this guy when they hired him.

DMAC
11-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I was actually worried about this guy when they hired him.And then he started his son.

Frazod
11-09-2010, 08:39 AM
And then he started his son.

It's got to really suck to be that poor kid today.

siberian khatru
11-09-2010, 09:30 AM
It's got to really suck to be that poor kid today.

"Dad, does this mean I'm not playing anymore?"