PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mark Sanchez > Matt Cassel

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 06:32 AM
We begin our story with the New York Jets trailing the Detroit Lions by 10 points late in the fourth quarter, on the road.

CHAPTER ONE: Sanchez Infuses Hope In Jets Nation

1-10-NYJ 44 (4:26) (Shotgun) PENALTY on NYJ-67-D.Woody, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 44 - No Play.

1-15-NYJ 39 (4:26) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short middle to 89-J.Cotchery to DET 43 for 18 yards (54-D.Levy). DET-92-C.Avril was injured during the play.

1-10-DET 43 (4:11) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 81-D.Keller to DET 37 for 6 yards (27-A.Smith).

2-4-DET 37 (3:46) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 21-L.Tomlinson pushed ob at DET 31 for 6 yards (26-L.Delmas).

1-10-DET 31 (3:38) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass deep middle to 81-D.Keller to DET 6 for 25 yards (98-J.Peterson).

1-6-DET 6 (3:16) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 21-L.Tomlinson right tackle to DET 1 for 5 yards (33-B.McDonald).

2-1-DET 1 (3:00) (No Huddle) 6-M.Sanchez up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

2-N.Folk extra point is GOOD, Center-46-T.Purdum, Holder-9-S.Weatherford.

NYJ 17 DET 20 Plays: 6 Possession: 1:40

CHAPTER TWO: Sanchez Saves The Day

1-10-NYJ 22 (1:40) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 21-L.Tomlinson pushed ob at NYJ 23 for 1 yard (27-A.Smith).

2-9-NYJ 23 (1:34) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to 21-L.Tomlinson.

3-9-NYJ 23 (1:30) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 81-D.Keller to NYJ 34 for 11 yards (27-A.Smith; 98-J.Peterson).

1-10-NYJ 34 (1:08) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short middle to 21-L.Tomlinson to NYJ 44 for 10 yards (33-B.McDonald).

1-10-NYJ 44 (:49) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 21-L.Tomlinson pushed ob at DET 43 for 13 yards (98-J.Peterson).

DET-27-A.Smith was injured during the play. PENALTY on DET-98-J.Peterson, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at DET 43.

Timeout #2 by DET at 00:40. Charged due to injury.

1-10-DET 28 (:40) (Shotgun) 23-S.Greene up the middle to DET 20 for 8 yards (54-D.Levy).

2-2-DET 20 (:20) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 23-S.Greene to DET 18 for 2 yards (98-J.Peterson).

1-10-DET 18 (:07) (No Huddle) 6-M.Sanchez spiked the ball to stop the clock.

2-10-DET 18 (:04) 2-N.Folk 36 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-46-T.Purdum, Holder-9-S.Weatherford.

NYJ 20 DET 20 Plays: 9 Possession: 1:40
CHAPTER THREE: Sanchez Cuts The Lion's Throat

1-10-NYJ 32 (14:53) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to 10-S.Holmes.

2-10-NYJ 32 (14:50) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass deep left to 10-S.Holmes to DET 16 for 52 yards (54-D.Levy).

1-10-DET 16 (14:07) 21-L.Tomlinson left end to DET 15 for 1 yard (58-A.Palmer).

2-9-DET 15 (13:28) 21-L.Tomlinson left tackle to DET 12 for 3 yards (91-Sa.Hill).

3-6-DET 12 (12:47) 2-N.Folk 30 yard field goal is GOOD

NYJ 23 DET 20 Totals: 10 for 13, 144 yards, 1 rushing TD, one comeback victory.

Note: The New York Jets are the AFC's #2 seed.

CrazyHorse
11-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Cherry pick much.

Weak sauce.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2010, 06:38 AM
What about the two games where he couldnt get his team into the endzone at all? We can do this all day long.......

Fritz88
11-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Overrated. Cassel and Sanchez belong to the same shithole.

MIAdragon
11-09-2010, 06:40 AM
A newer turd is still a turd, pass on both thankyou.

Stinger
11-09-2010, 06:41 AM
This was the game:

DET-27-A.Smith was injured during the play. PENALTY on DET-98-J.Peterson, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at DET 43.

Had nothing to do with Sanchez.

And just so I am clear Sanchez > Cassel in short dump off passes?

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 06:43 AM
And just so I am clear Sanchez > Cassel in short dump off passes?

M.Sanchez pass deep middle to 81-D.Keller to DET 6 for 25 yards

M.Sanchez pass deep left to 10-S.Holmes to DET 16 for 52 yards

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 06:44 AM
This was the game:

I disagree entirely with this. Sanchez got the Jets to Detroit's 43 with a full 40 seconds left. Plenty of time for Sanchize to do his thing.

Pioli Zombie
11-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Shit and Shittier.

Stinger

I am one not to defend Cassel or rip Sanchez but how can you cherry pick those when most of Sanchez's yard are YAC to the backs and short passes for the entire game/season.

M.Sanchez pass short middle

M.Sanchez pass short left

M.Sanchez pass short middle

Frankly, me personally I don't care about the Sanchez/Cassel feud many have on here. But this just seamed silly .... And like I said in the previous post the game was decided on a bone head penalty by the Lions D, not necessarily on the shoulders of Sanchez.

BCD
I'm inclined to bring up Sanchez getting shutout at home. However, he is 4 yrs younger than Cassel and likely has more upside. I'll take the younger dink and dunker.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to have this feeling?

He moved the ball when it counted, he's becoming rather clutch.

I def thought we were going to win outright before we tied the game. Once we won the OT toss, I knew we were taking the game.

This is a good point... I feel like for whatever reason, Mark plays better in the "clutch" then he seems to the rest of the game. It seems like when he just says "fuck it, lets just go wing it" he plays his best ball.

well whatever, don't care how or why, just as long as we keep winning and he keeps improving

Sanchez has proven how good he is leading the team late in the game. He does the job when it matters most.

Or this one?

The Jets won the overtime toss and got the ball first. The hurry-up and two-minute attack had been so effective at the end of the game, Sanchez lobbied to keep up that tempo in overtime.

“These guys can’t stop us,” he said he was thinking, and he made sure the coaches agreed. Sanchez stepped into the huddle and told his teammates, “Let’s go. Let’s win this ball game.”

On the second play of overtime, he found Santonio Holmes for a gain of 52 yards, despite juggling the snap. Holmes ran an in-route designed to cut into a void in the Lions defense and sprinted to Detroit’s 16-yard line, well within field-goal range.

“I saw his eyes,” Holmes said of Sanchez. “He saw mine. We were able to connect.”

Deberg_1990
I dont think either QB is bad, but neither one is anything special...Pioli went with Cassel over Sanchez most likely because Cassel had proven his worth already at the NFL level. End of story....

CrazyPhuD
Anyone > Cassel
Anyone - Cassel > Sanchez

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 06:58 AM
how can you cherry pick those when most of Sanchez's yard are YAC to the backs and short passes for the entire game/season.

Sanchez also hit Edwards on a long bomb for a TD in that game. And the throw was right on the money.

CrazyHorse
11-09-2010, 07:01 AM
A newer turd is still a turd, pass on both thankyou.

go chiefs football experience is driven by rep points.

You're right. Sanchez blows. Cassel blows.

What's the point?

Rep points and confrontation.

JD10367
11-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Anyone > Cassel

This could've been expressed as

Not Cassel or Sanchez > Sanchez > Cassel

Although I disagree. I think there are still some worse QBs in the league than Cassel. Not by much, grant you, but there are.

Cassel has more yards than Garrard, Anderson, Moore, or Young.

Cassel, shockingly, is 13th in QB rating, better than Flacco, Schaub, Cutler, Fitzpatrick, Freeman, Kolb, Palmer, Campbell, Hill, Sanchez, Henne, McNabb, Bradford, Favre, Smith, Kitna, Hasselbeck, Anderson, or Moore.

He's tied for 11th in TDs with 12. He's tied for 3rd in least-INTs with 4.

He has a better completion % than McNabb, Hasselbeck, Campbell, Moore, Anderson, or Sanchez (who is worst of all in that category).

I used to think all of this kind of stuff meant Cassel was a decent QB. Now I realize it means more that the level of QBing in the NFL right now sucks donkey balls. As average as Cassel's been, there still aren't a lot of QBs I'd take over him, sadly. There are some youngsters who show more promise (Sanchez, McCoy, Bradford, Freeman) and a handful of vets who are obviously better (P. Manning, Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Schaub). The questionable part is when you start comparing him to mid-level guys who, like Cassel, can't decide if they're any good or not (Kolb, Hill, Orton, Flacco, Cutler).

In more relatable terms, Cassel's not a hottie who swallows, but he's not paper-bag ugly who won't put out. He's the homely heavy chick who sometimes gives you a good handjob or BJ but more often than not makes you look over her head and watch "Sportscenter" while you're doin' it. :shrug:

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 07:14 AM
He has a better completion % than McNabb, Hasselbeck, Campbell, Moore, Anderson, or Sanchez (who is worst of all in that category).

This is a nice way of saying he's 26th in completion percentage.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2010, 07:15 AM
This could've been expressed as

Not Cassel or Sanchez > Sanchez > Cassel

Although I disagree. I think there are still some worse QBs in the league than Cassel. Not by much, grant you, but there are.

Cassel has more yards than Garrard, Anderson, Moore, or Young.

Cassel, shockingly, is 13th in QB rating, better than Flacco, Schaub, Cutler, Fitzpatrick, Freeman, Kolb, Palmer, Campbell, Hill, Sanchez, Henne, McNabb, Bradford, Favre, Smith, Kitna, Hasselbeck, Anderson, or Moore.

He's tied for 11th in TDs with 12. He's tied for 3rd in least-INTs with 4.

I used to think all of this kind of stuff meant Cassel was a decent QB. Now I realize it means more that the level of QBing in the NFL right now sucks donkey balls. As average as Cassel's been, there still aren't a lot of QBs I'd take over him, sadly. There are some youngsters who show more promise (Sanchez, McCoy, Bradford, Freeman) and a handful of vets who are obviously better (P. Manning, Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, Schaub). The questionable part is when you start comparing him to mid-level guys who, like Cassel, can't decide if they're any good or not (Kolb, Hill, Orton, Flacco, Cutler).

In more relatable terms, Cassel's not a hottie who swallows, but he's not paper-bag ugly who won't put out. He's the homely heavy chick who sometimes gives you a good handjob or BJ but more often than not makes you look over her head and watch "Sportscenter" while you're doin' it. :shrug:

Quite possibly the best and most logical thing ever posted on this site. Quit trying to ruin everyones day. : )

Chiefnj2
11-09-2010, 07:16 AM

Must be nice to have WRs who can get open and catch the ball.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 07:18 AM

Dustin Keller was open by about an inch on that 25-yard bullet. It was an absolutely gorgeous throw.

the Talking Can
11-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Matt Cassel

your Chiefs QB for 2 more years

Tuckdaddy
11-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Who can we get besides Cassel? The draft will have to be a trade up for a good one. Who will be in FA?

Deberg_1990
11-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Matt Cassel

your Chiefs QB for 2 more years

:facepalm:

Frazod
11-09-2010, 07:34 AM

What is this "WR" thing of which you speak?

Chiefnj2
11-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Who can we get besides Cassel? The draft will have to be a trade up for a good one. Who will be in FA?

Screw free agency. Draft a QB. Draft two QB's for all I care. Draft and try to develop.

QB's that will likely be available after pick 15 - Locker, Devlin, Ponder, Stanzi.

CrazyHorse
11-09-2010, 07:59 AM
This is a nice way of saying he's 26th in completion percentage.

It's also a nice way to say Sanchez is 32nd.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 08:01 AM
It's also a nice way to say Sanchez is 32nd.

The Chiefs are 5-3 because Cassel farted on himself in overtime against the Raiders

The Jets are 6-2 because Sanchez went off like Joe Montana.

CrazyHorse
11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
The Chiefs are 5-3 because Cassel farted on himself in overtime against the Raiders

The Chiefs are 5-3 because they didn't show up for the entire second half. A clear thinking person can see that. Cassel didn't help matters much, but you can't hang the loss on him. If Bowe catches that pass that he wiffed on, we're not even talking about Sanchez=Montana.

If you think Sanchez is the next Montana, you're dumber than I thought. And I think you're the dumbest person I've seen on the net. So there ya go.

No offense.

Molitoth
11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Anyone > Cassel

Thread over.

tonyetony
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Go Chiefs are you trying to get in Meccas pants?

Rudy lost the toss
11-09-2010, 08:29 AM
I thought sanchez and the jets were done after his 0/8 stretch early in the 4th quarter. Props to him for getting that win. Made a couple really good throws. Funny thing though was that the play to get them into fg range probably was a poor decision by Sanchez. It was a 5 yard dump with no timeouts and the defender completely blew the tackle allowing for the RAC and penalty yards

BigCatDaddy
11-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Ehh, Sam Bradford please.

Marcellus
11-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Is this all CP is anymore, a place to bash our players and promote other teams players?

Bane
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Is this all CP is anymore, a place to bash our players and promote other teams players?

Where the hell have you been?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
11-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Josh Freeman is looking like the better QB from that class. Stafford would be the best but dude can't fucking stay healthy.

Pestilence
11-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Screw free agency. Draft a QB. Draft two QB's for all I care. Draft and try to develop.

QB's that will likely be available after pick 15 - Locker, Devlin, Ponder, Stanzi.

Devlin intrigues me. I'd love to go WR in the 1st and grab Devlin in the 2nd.

Marcellus
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Where the hell have you been?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, forgot where I was.

Bane
11-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Sorry, forgot where I was.

Free speech is a motherfucker ya know.I'm sick of beating on cassel and arguing about it.Whatever,fuck it.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
11-09-2010, 09:36 AM

yes, i checked the front page, and even though no thread but this one fits your description, you're right....somehow...

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Somebody muzzle this fucking clueless retard.

Please.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Somebody muzzle this fucking clueless retard.

Please.

Is there a reason Cassel can't put together a nice game-winning drive in overtime like Sanchez?

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Is there a reason Cassel can't put together a nice game-winning drive in overtime like Sanchez?

Is there a reason you cant be forced to keep all 100,000 of your EXACT SAME fuckign posts in one thread instead of shitting over the entire message board?

Talking to you is worthless.

You should be relegated to ONE thread instead of ruining the conversation in every single thread in which you post.

Fish
11-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Is there a reason you cant be forced to keep all 100,000 of your EXACT SAME fuckign posts in one thread instead of shitting over the entire message board?

You should be relegated to ONE thread instead of ruining the conversation in every single thread in which you post.

One could easily direct the same response to you. You're copying and pasting the same post in multiple threads, bitching about people bitching.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 10:21 AM
One could easily direct the same response to you. You're copying and pasting the same post in multiple threads, bitching about people bitching.

Well lets hear a fuckign solution then.

RIGHT NOW.

What is your genius move that we could pull?

Who can we start in place of Matt Castle right now? What can we do to have a better QB in 2011 as our starter?

Please let us hear this genius....enlighten us.

Marcellus
11-09-2010, 10:23 AM
yes, i checked the front page, and even though no thread but this one fits your description, you're right....somehow...

Because this subject hasn't been beaten to fucking death for 2 years running in 100,000 threads?

Pestilence
11-09-2010, 10:23 AM

RIGHT NOW.

Who can we start in place of Matt Castle right now? What can we do to have a better QB in 2011 as our starter?

We should have been trading for one of the younger QBs out there before the trade deadline. Flynn? Skelton? That way....they could have been getting reps during practice and learning our playbook right now. Instead we're stuck with Cassel and Croyle.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 10:26 AM
We should have been trading for one of the younger QBs out there before the trade deadline. Flynn? Skelton? That way....they could have been getting reps during practice and learning our playbook right now. Instead we're stuck with Cassel and Croyle.

Ok Captain Hindsight,....

This wasn't a question of 'what SHOULD WE HAVE DONE?'

Yes we should have traded for Peyton Manning.

Ok, so we didn't.

What can we do RIGHT NOW and for 2011 that is better than Matt Cassel?

I am fucking sick of all these drooling retards bitching but without any idea of what is a better option. Lets fucking hear what a better option would be..Please...If you are gonna say that it is Stupid to have Matt Cassel as QB then surely there has to be a better option.

So, WHAT IS IT?

Fish
11-09-2010, 10:27 AM

RIGHT NOW.

Cassel is the starter, barring injury, for the rest of the season. We don't have a better solution on the team, due to the organization putting all their chips into the Cassel Experiment this season. There is no genius move to make at this point. It's too late for that now.

What I'd like to see, is the team drafting a QB next year, and either cutting Cassel and bringing in a vet for the 2011 season, or doing what we're doing now and run with Cassel for another year(:Lin:) while the rookie learns the system and gets his feet wet.

But you weren't addressing that, you just wanted to write a dick response to GoChiefs.

Pestilence
11-09-2010, 10:29 AM

Ok, so we didn't.

I am fucking sick of all these drooling retards bitching but without any idea of what is a better option. Lets fucking hear what a better option would be..Please...If you are gonna say that it is Stupid to have Matt Cassel as QB then surely there has to be a better option.

So, WHAT IS IT?

I'd rather see Croyle out there than Cassel....but that's just me.

chop
11-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I was at the Lions game and Sanchez stunk for the majority of the game. The Lions just blew it.

HemiEd
11-09-2010, 11:03 AM

Ok, so we didn't.

I am ****ing sick of all these drooling retards bitching but without any idea of what is a better option. Lets ****ing hear what a better option would be..Please...If you are gonna say that it is Stupid to have Matt Cassel as QB then surely there has to be a better option.

So, WHAT IS IT?

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, stupid n00b!

the Talking Can
11-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Because this subject hasn't been beaten to ****ing death for 2 years running in 100,000 threads?

it's one thread - clearly marked, you chose to click on it

every other thread on the front page is available for you to not cry in

you're just a leaky bitch like rerun

and what you said was factually incorrect....so stop making shit up

Mr. Laz
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="bottom"><td width="100%">Mark Sanchez > Matt Cassel (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7160174#post7160174) </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="navbar" style="font-size: 10pt; padding-top: 1px;" colspan="3">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
http://www.failpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/fat-wonder-woman-attention-whore.jpg

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass, stupid n00b!

WHo said anything about leaving?

Can you even read?

Of course you can't answer the most basic questions asked...

Marcellus
11-09-2010, 11:14 AM

Your user name says it all.

LaChapelle
11-09-2010, 11:14 AM
It's Tuesday
eat the gun or move on

BigRock
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
A shocking story has emerged in professional football today, as a defense led by Gunther Cunningham was reportedly raped by an average QB in the critical stages of a game.

HemiEd
11-09-2010, 11:39 AM
WHo said anything about leaving?

Can you even read?

Of course you can't answer the most basic questions asked...

I am ****ing sick of all these drooling retards bitching but without any idea of what is a better option. Lets ****ing hear what a better option would be.

I read pretty well actually.

Reerun_KC
11-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Is that horse dead yet. Keep up the good fight. You will win one day. Cry baby.

leviw
11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
This is not cherrypicking.

Cassel has played 23 games. He's had eight games with 10 notable "comeback" drives. Of the remaining 15 games, the Chiefs weren't competitive in seven. They blew out opponents in three others.

Nov. 7, 2010 - @Raiders
4th quarter, 6:13 to go
Drive: 5 plays, 47 yards, 1:45
Cassel completes a 20-yard, go-ahead touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe to put the Chiefs go up 20-17. They fall in overtime, 23-20.

Oct. 31, 2010 – vs Bills
Overtime, 0:00 to go
Drive: 8 plays, 53 yards, 1:13
With no timeouts, Cassel completes three passes and directs the Chiefs to the Buffalo 16.Succop hits the game-winner. Chiefs win 13-10.

Overtime, 3:38 to go
Drive: 7 plays, 36 yards, 3:36
Cassel gets the Chiefs to the 22 yard line in overtime, but Ryan Succop misses. Chiefs remained tied 10-10

Sept. 19, 2010 - @Browns
4th quarter, 7:41 to go
Drive: 14 plays, 58 yards, 6:31
Cassel leads the Chiefs on a long drive, completing two, big 3rd down passes, setting up Succop for the go-ahead field goal from 19 yards out. Chiefs go up and go on to win 16-14.

Dec. 27, 2009 - @Bengals
4th quarter, 14:52 to go
Drive: 8 plays, 49 yards, 2:23
On first play of the fourth quarter, Cassel lofts a 20-yard touchdown pass to Tim Castille. Chiefs tie the game, 10-10, but lose late, 17-10.

Dec. 20, 2009 – vs Browns
4th quarter, 2:20 to go
Drive: 8 plays, 58 yards, 2:06
Cassel completes a 12-yard touchdown pass to Mark Bradley on fourth down to tie the game, 34-34. Chiefs defense can’t stop Jerome Harrison and lose 41-34.

Nov. 22, 2009 – vs Steelers
Overtime, 9:28 to go
Drive: 5 plays, 72 yards, 1:32
Cassel completes a crossing pattern to Chris Chambers, who runs 50 yards to the Pittsburgh 4. Succop hits a chip shot game-winner. Chiefs win 27-24.

4th quarter, 4:54 to go
Drive: 8 plays, 91 yards, 3:41
Cassel puts the Chiefs on his back against the defending champs, completing four passes on the game-tying drive, including a shovel pass to Jamaal Charles for the touchdown. The game goes to overtime tied, 24-24.

Oct. 11, 2009 – vs Cowboys
4th quarter, 0:24 to go
Drive: 10 plays, 74 yards, 1:52
Cassel leads a magnificent 10-play drive, capping it with a beautiful 16-yard touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe on fourth down to tie the game, 20-20, sending it to overtime. Miles Austin wins it for the Cowboys in overtime, 26-20.

Sept. 10, 2009 – vs Raiders
4th quarter, 2:38 to go
Drive: 9 plays, 72 yards, 4:23
All day, the Chiefs offense was the picture of miserable. Then Cassel throws a 29-yard touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe, giving the Chiefs a 10-6 lead. Somehow, the Chiefs defense inexplicably allows Jamarcus Russel to lead the Raiders to a last-minute victory, 13-10.

the Talking Can
11-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Your user name says it all.

eh, i was right

you were wrong....we're all used to it by now

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 12:29 PM
This is not cherrypicking.

You're quite correct.

Neither is this.

Nov. 7, 2010 - @Raiders
4th quarter, 6:13 to go
Drive: 5 plays, 47 yards, 1:45
Cassel completes a 20-yard, go-ahead touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe to put the Chiefs go up 20-17. They fall in overtime, 23-20.This "drive" was a joke. Cassel "drove" the Chiefs 30 yards after a bogus fumble. I give him credit for actually nutting up and making a play, but it was hardly anything to be impressed with.

In overtime, Cassel chokes like a bitch with an opportunity to win the game. FAIL.

Oct. 31, 2010 – vs Bills
Overtime, 0:00 to go
Drive: 8 plays, 53 yards, 1:13
With no timeouts, Cassel completes three passes and directs the Chiefs to the Buffalo 16.Succop hits the game-winner. Chiefs win 13-10.Are you shitting me? Cassel deserves zero credit for finally doing something in a game he almost lost during regulation. Fuck this shit. No fucking credit for this. The Chiefs should have blown the Bills out by 30.

Sept. 19, 2010 - @Browns
4th quarter, 7:41 to go
Drive: 14 plays, 58 yards, 6:31
Cassel leads the Chiefs on a long drive, completing two, big 3rd down passes, setting up Succop for the go-ahead field goal from 19 yards out. Chiefs go up and go on to win 16-14.There is absolutely nothing that was clutch about this. The opposing team had two chances to win the game after this. The defense won the game, not Cassel. A field goal drive with half the quarter left to go is the antithesis of clutch.

Dec. 27, 2009 - @Bengals
4th quarter, 14:52 to go
Drive: 8 plays, 49 yards, 2:23
On first play of the fourth quarter, Cassel lofts a 20-yard touchdown pass to Tim Castille. Chiefs tie the game, 10-10, but lose late, 17-10.Hey hey, look at this! Another shitty game where Cassel finally leads a touchdown drive and now you want to blow him. This is in the same category as the Buffalo abortion. Fuck, this was on the first play of the fourth quarter. What about the rest of the fourth quarter? Where was Cassel then? You know, when he could have WON THE GAME? Answer: SHITTING HIS FUCKING PANTS.

Dec. 20, 2009 – vs Browns
4th quarter, 2:20 to go
Drive: 8 plays, 58 yards, 2:06
Cassel completes a 12-yard touchdown pass to Mark Bradley on fourth down to tie the game, 34-34. Chiefs defense can’t stop Jerome Harrison and lose 41-34.I'll give Cassel credit for this. Nice job. Chiefs still didn't win the game.

Nov. 22, 2009 – vs Steelers
Overtime, 9:28 to go
Drive: 5 plays, 72 yards, 1:32
Cassel completes a crossing pattern to Chris Chambers, who runs 50 yards to the Pittsburgh 4. Succop hits a chip shot game-winner. Chiefs win 27-24.This is a load of bullshit. Cassel dumped the ball to a wide open receiver running a 5-yard pattern. Considering that Cassel FAILED to get the Chiefs into field goal range at the end of regulation and considering that the Chiefs' defense made TWO stops in a row to give Cassel a chance in overtime, Kansas City's defense gets the credit for this win, not Captain Checkdown The Magnificent.

4th quarter, 4:54 to go
Drive: 8 plays, 91 yards, 3:41
Cassel puts the Chiefs on his back against the defending champs, completing four passes on the game-tying drive, including a shovel pass to Jamaal Charles for the touchdown. The game goes to overtime tied, 24-24.Again, what the fuck. This wasn't at the end of the game, it didn't win the game. It's nice that Cassel can lead scoring drives during the game. THAT'S HIS FUCKING JOB.

Oct. 11, 2009 – vs Cowboys
4th quarter, 0:24 to go
Drive: 10 plays, 74 yards, 1:52
Cassel leads a magnificent 10-play drive, capping it with a beautiful 16-yard touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe on fourth down to tie the game, 20-20, sending it to overtime. Miles Austin wins it for the Cowboys in overtime, 26-20.FAIL. Cassel lost this game when he shit the bed in overtime with a chance to win it. Zero credit, although nice try. Close, but no cigar. That's the story of Matt Cassel.

Sept. 10, 2009 – vs Raiders
4th quarter, 2:38 to go
Drive: 9 plays, 72 yards, 4:23
All day, the Chiefs offense was the picture of miserable. Then Cassel throws a 29-yard touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe, giving the Chiefs a 10-6 lead. Somehow, the Chiefs defense inexplicably allows Jamarcus Russel to lead the Raiders to a last-minute victory, 13-10.Oh, yes. The Chiefs were miserable all day on offense and Cassel turned it over twice, but you want to give him credit for finally unfucking himself and doing something worth a shit. Fuck that. He lost this game with shitty play during the first three and a half quarters. If he was worth a shit JaMarcus Russell would have retired after this game from the assbeating.

Had the Chiefs won this game, the defense would have deserved full credit.

In summary, your post is a giant fail, apart from one good, extremely clutch drive against the Browns and their god awful 29th ranked 2009 secondary

If you ever attempt to paint Cassel as a "clutch" quarterback again, I will rip your mother's nuts off.

NOTHING he has EVER done came close to what Sanchez did in Detroit. If he's ever trailing by 10 in a game with 4 minutes left and the Chiefs win, I will buy his fucking jersey.

Stinger
11-09-2010, 01:35 PM
You're quite correct.

Neither is this.

This "drive" was a joke. Cassel "drove" the Chiefs 30 yards after a bogus fumble. I give him credit for actually nutting up and making a play, but it was hardly anything to be impressed with.

In overtime, Cassel chokes like a bitch with an opportunity to win the game. FAIL.

Are you shitting me? Cassel deserves zero credit for finally doing something in a game he almost lost during regulation. **** this shit. No ****ing credit for this. The Chiefs should have blown the Bills out by 30.

There is absolutely nothing that was clutch about this. The opposing team had two chances to win the game after this. The defense won the game, not Cassel. A field goal drive with half the quarter left to go is the antithesis of clutch.

Hey hey, look at this! Another shitty game where Cassel finally leads a touchdown drive and now you want to blow him. This is in the same category as the Buffalo abortion. ****, this was on the first play of the fourth quarter. What about the rest of the fourth quarter? Where was Cassel then? You know, when he could have WON THE GAME? Answer: SHITTING HIS ****ING PANTS.

I'll give Cassel credit for this. Nice job. Chiefs still didn't win the game.

This is a load of bullshit. Cassel dumped the ball to a wide open receiver running a 5-yard pattern. Considering that Cassel FAILED to get the Chiefs into field goal range at the end of regulation and considering that the Chiefs' defense made TWO stops in a row to give Cassel a chance in overtime, Kansas City's defense gets the credit for this win, not Captain Checkdown The Magnificent.

Again, what the ****. This wasn't at the end of the game, it didn't win the game. It's nice that Cassel can lead scoring drives during the game. THAT'S HIS ****ING JOB.

FAIL. Cassel lost this game when he shit the bed in overtime with a chance to win it. Zero credit, although nice try. Close, but no cigar. That's the story of Matt Cassel.

Oh, yes. The Chiefs were miserable all day on offense and Cassel turned it over twice, but you want to give him credit for finally un****ing himself and doing something worth a shit. **** that. He lost this game with shitty play during the first three and a half quarters. If he was worth a shit JaMarcus Russell would have retired after this game from the assbeating.

Had the Chiefs won this game, the defense would have deserved full credit.

In summary, your post is a giant fail, apart from one good, extremely clutch drive against the Browns and their god awful 29th ranked 2009 secondary

If you ever attempt to paint Cassel as a "clutch" quarterback again, I will rip your mother's nuts off.

NOTHING he has EVER done came close to what Sanchez did in Detroit. If he's ever trailing by 10 in a game with 4 minutes left and the Chiefs win, I will buy his ****ing jersey.

The same thing you prop up Sanchez for is the same thing you rail against Cassel ......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/2a2r01.gif

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 01:39 PM
The same thing you prop up Sanchez for is the same thing you rail against Cassel ......

Hardly. Sanchez led three clutch drives in one game when he absolutely had to.

If Cassel ever does that I'll leave the board for a month.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I read pretty well actually.

No, apparently you don't. I said nothing of leaving you assberger's syndrome drooling idiot.

Pablo
11-09-2010, 02:36 PM

You should be relegated to ONE thread instead of ruining the conversation in every single thread in which you post.Draftabulator posting is down for the season. GC is just picking up the slack.

leviw
11-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Hardly. Sanchez led three clutch drives in one game when he absolutely had to.

If Cassel ever does that I'll leave the board for a month.

Facts are facts, dude.

Ten times in 23 games Cassel has quarterbacked a fourth quarter, game-tying or go-ahead drive. When he absolutely had to.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Facts are facts, dude.

Ten times in 23 games Cassel has quarterbacked a fourth quarter, game-tying or go-ahead drive. When he absolutely had to.

The bolded part is incorrect. Drives concluding at the start or midpoint of the fourth quarter are not clutch drives.

And the fact that you want to laud Cassel for a 30-yard "drive" in which he completed all of one pass speaks to your bias.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't only the last drive be the one where you 'absolutely HAD to make the drive' unless you were down by 3 scores with only exactly enough time for 3 drives?

How are you defining this? It seems like you are making all of these bullshit conditions so that you can argue he didn't "ABSOLUTELY" have to make the drive,....

So let me get this right, if we are ever down by three scores, and with only exactly enough time for 3 drives, and we come back and win in the 4th Q, you will give matty some credit?

**** you and your bullshit definitions....You could leave this board for a year and no one would even care.

You are so fuckign stupid and pathetic it is embarrassing with your lame ass criteria.

leviw
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
How are you defining this?

Answer: However he wants to.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 03:14 PM
There is absolutely nothing clutch about Cassel hitting a game tying pass on the first play of the fourth quarter.

That is a load of crap.

You people will do anything to paint Cassel in a positive light.

Pestilence
11-09-2010, 03:16 PM
You could leave this board for a year and no one would even care.

I have a feeling that if GoChiefs was gone for a year.....he'd have his own thread wondering what happened to him. You? Not so much.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:16 PM

I don't see anyone doing this. I see you doing EVERYTHING to point out negatives...

There is not a flood of positive threads about Castle...Never has been.

You're just a liar at this point. No credibility whatsoever.

leviw
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
There is absolutely nothing clutch about Cassel hitting a game tying pass on the first play of the fourth quarter.

That is a load of crap.

Fine. Take that one out -- even though I never defined anything about what I posted as "clutch," only as "fourth quarter comeback drives," which is 100 percent accurate.

Nine drives in eight games.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't see anyone doing this. I see you doing EVERYTHING to point out negatives...

There is not a flood of positive threads about Castle...Never has been.

You're just a liar at this point. No credibility whatsoever.

Let me ask you a serious question:

Do you think Cassel was "clutch" against Pittsburgh last year?

Because I certainly don't. He had a chance in regulation to win, and he failed.

In overtime he let Chris Chambers do it.

Pestilence
11-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Fine. Take that one out -- even though I never defined anything about what I posted as "clutch," only as "fourth quarter comeback drives," which is 100 percent accurate.

When "Fourth Quarter Comeback Drives" are discussed.....they are for the win. Not a 4th quarter comeback drive in the beginning of the 4th quarter and we still lost.

Pawnmower
I have a feeling that if GoChiefs was gone for a year.....he'd have his own thread wondering what happened to him. You? Not so much.

Wondering what happened doesn't mean that people would be sad he was gone. I haven't been here long enough to get to know anyone, I am not trying to say people would care if I left...

That isn't what I meant...

I know no one would give a shit if I left.....But I'm not the one offering to leave.

Marcellus

That is a load of crap.

Yes some people will go to extreme measures in an attempt to try make Cassel look good.

Some people will bend over backwards to gargle Sanchez's balls as well.

What did you expect when you started a thread about Sanchez and Cassel?

Have you not already had these conversations 20x over? I think at one point you were arguing the Cassel side so I am fairly sure you know both sides of this.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
When "Fourth Quarter Comeback Drives" are discussed.....they are for the win. Not a 4th quarter comeback drive in the beginning of the 4th quarter and we still lost.

So explain how you can have 3 'absolute must have drives' in one game so that we know the circumstances in which Gif Horse will leave for a month please.

Pestilence
11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Wondering what happened doesn't mean that people would be sad he was gone. I haven't been here long enough to get to know anyone, I am not trying to say people would care if I left...

That isn't what I meant...

I know no one would give a shit if I left.....But I'm not the one offering to leave.

There are actually a bunch of people here who think that GoChiefs is a good dude and brings value to this board. Count me as one of them.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 03:21 PM

You need to take most of them out.

I mean seriously, he couldn't mount a drive to save his life against the Raiders without help from the refs, and you want to chalk one up for him alongside Montana and Marino?

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/assets-images-gawker-2008-07-lowered-expectations.jpg

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Let me ask you a serious question:

Do you think Cassel was "clutch" against Pittsburgh last year?

There wasn't much of anything Clutch about the entire team last year, cept towards the end Charles started kicking ass...

It was a completely different team in my mind....I think Cassel has played better this season...He seems to be improving and have heart and passion. I don't see any better alternatives at the moment. Do you?

MadMax
11-09-2010, 03:25 PM
There are actually a bunch of people here who think that GoChiefs is a good dude and brings value to this board. Count me as one of them.

Me too!! I don't feel like shitting on other posters anymore, but GoChiefs adds a lot and is not retarded!

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:27 PM
You need to take most of them out.

I mean seriously, he couldn't mount a drive to save his life against the Raiders without help from the refs,

I guess you missed his comeback drive where he hit Bowe for a LAZER touchdown in the 4th Q?

Did the ref have anything to do with that 20 yard LAZER that he threw when he NEEDED to?

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I guess you missed his comeback drive where he hit Bowe for a LAZER touchdown in the 4th Q?

Did the ref have anything to do with that 20 yard LAZER that he threw when he NEEDED to?

Yes.

The ref put Cassel in a position to make that throw.

Cassel got to play that drive from the ladie's tee, so to speak.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Me too!! I don't feel like shitting on other posters anymore, but GoChiefs adds a lot and is not retarded!

Assbergers syndrome isn't full retard, it is just half retard.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes.

The ref put Cassel in a position to make that throw.

That is bullshit and not cassel's fault..

It was in the 4th quarter, we NEEDED that TD...The ref had nothing to do with his throw...

You can't admit that?

That is just dishonest.

Douche Baggins
11-09-2010, 03:32 PM
That is bullshit and not cassel's fault..

Cassel never gets a chance at a game-winning TD unless the ref spots him 40 yards.

I fully believe that.

Too bad the ref couldn't chip in during OT.

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Cassel never gets a chance at a game-winning TD unless the ref spots him 40 yards.

I fully believe that.

You are a moron then...

Good luck with these insane beliefs and threads for years to come...

leviw
11-09-2010, 03:36 PM

Those are called "game-winning drives."

Not all comebacks are game-winning drives, not all game-winning drives are comebacks

BigRock
11-09-2010, 03:44 PM

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1027/drevillaser.jpg

Pawnmower
11-09-2010, 03:45 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1027/drevillaser.jpg

ROFL

Shit Now i cant stop thinking in his voice you bastard!

ForeverChiefs58
11-09-2010, 04:02 PM
At this point I would take Betty White over Matt freaking Cassel

Douche Baggins
01-16-2011, 05:20 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l132/bozothemoose/Gifs/fus4z6.gif

keg in kc
01-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Everybody look at me!

The Bad Guy
01-16-2011, 05:54 PM
If a knowledgable poster said this, I'd care.

Clayanus is nothing more than a child in a 30 year olds body. This is what happens when you are a fucking loser a majority of your life and you never had much of a social life when everyone else did.

L.A. Chieffan
01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
this thread is ridiculous, cassel is our qbotf!

Tylerthigpen!1!
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I agree with the op but I dont think Mark is that good. Who knows.

synthesis2
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Not by much but cassel is better

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM

RIGHT NOW.

We can DRAFT. PLEASE. PLEEEEEEAAAAASE!

Tribal Warfare
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Not by much but cassel is better

LMAO

Over-Head
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
If a knowledgable poster said this, I'd care.

Clayanus is nothing more than a child in a 30 year olds body. This is what happens when you are a ****ing loser a majority of your life and you never had much of a social life when everyone else did. Dont hold back tell us how ya really feel

Pawnmower
01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
We can DRAFT. PLEASE. PLEEEEEEAAAAASE!

We probably WILL draft a QB.....But I wouldnt be holding my breath for a QB in any of the 1st three rounds or so...

We won't draft anyone to seriously compete with MArk Castle for the job of Starting QB.

Bambi
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM
lol @ why this is even a thread?

You guys didn't know that Sanchez was 10x better than Cassell like years ago?

lol

Epic Fail 007
01-16-2011, 09:34 PM
NOW U KNOW UR JUST POSTING THIS BECAUSE SHANCEZ IS MEXICAN.BECAUSE BOTH R THE SAME QB.HELL CASSEL IS A BIT BETTER

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM
NOW U KNOW UR JUST POSTING THIS BECAUSE SHANCEZ IS MEXICAN.BECAUSE BOTH R THE SAME QB.HELL CASSEL IS A BIT BETTER

Can we just ban this douchebag?

Pawnmower
01-16-2011, 09:38 PM
lol @ why this is even a thread?

You guys didn't know that Sanchez was 10x better than Cassell like years ago?

lol

The playoff wins do not have anything to do with the rest of the New York jets team and the extra 50% (yes they spent 50% more than we did) salary they spent in 2010.

That is merely coincidence....

Bugeater
01-16-2011, 09:42 PM
wat

Bambi
01-16-2011, 11:34 PM
The playoff wins do not have anything to do with the rest of the New York jets team and the extra 50% (yes they spent 50% more than we did) salary they spent in 2010.

That is merely coincidence....

Que?

They signed good players. Might as well. It is professional sports after all.

okcchief
01-17-2011, 08:41 AM
I believe the Jets would be in the same spot with Cassel.

They are both average QBs. We would have not made the playoffs with Sanchez IMO. He would be called a bust at this point.

Cassel sucks and we still await getting a real QB. It will probalby never happen :(