PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft QBs from the 2009 Draft.

Rams Fan
11-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Who do you think has played the best so far? I think Freeman's outplayed both Stafford and Sanchez, with Sanchez ahead of Stafford(since he's been hurt a lot).

tyton75
11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I'd still say Stafford is the one I would want on my team.. He has been plagued by injuries this season, so its not really a fair assessment.

Freeman does look better than I ever expected he would though

Count Alex's Losses
11-09-2010, 04:39 PM
They have all outplayed Cassel, that's for sure!

LiL stumppy
11-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Freeman because of where he was taken

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 05:03 PM

What kind of fucking logic is that?

Stafford is clearly the best QB from that class, despite his injuries. Freeman is well ahead of Sanchez and is closing the gap on Stafford.

If Freeman or Stafford were quarterbacking the Jets, they'd be downright scary offensively quite possibly, the best team in the league bar none.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Nate Davis

Frankie
11-09-2010, 06:13 PM

BINGO!!!!

I was laughed at here when I said I wanted him for the Chiefs in the 2nd round.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2010, 06:16 PM
BINGO!!!!

He was taken 17th overall

Frankie
11-09-2010, 06:17 PM
What kind of ****ing logic is that?

Stafford is clearly the best QB from that class, despite his injuries. Freeman is well ahead of Sanchez and is closing the gap on Stafford.

If Freeman or Stafford were quarterbacking the Jets, they'd be downright scary offensively quite possibly, the best team in the league bar none.

Stafford might end up being a 1st round Croyle though. I think, albeit with the benefit of hindsight, that Freeman was a lot better pick compared to Stafford factoring in where in the 1st he was picked.

Frankie
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
He was taken 17th overall

Yeah I know. But a lot of folks here thought that he wasn't worth it even in the 2nd. I honestly do not think you were one of them.

Ebolapox
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I'd sure as fuck trade a high round pick for stafford if they get sick of the injuries.

Frankie
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd sure as **** trade a high round pick for stafford if they get sick of the injuries.

Is Croyle talented IYO?

Gadzooks
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Pat White.

salame
11-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Pat White.

you know when he played he really didn't look bad
the Pat White blackballing thing still puzzles me

Ebolapox
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Is Croyle talented IYO?

not nearly as much-so as stafford. croyle, when he's been in the games I've seen, is gunshy and immediately looks to the short route (which COMPLETELY kills the reason for having a big arm in the first place)

Gadzooks
11-09-2010, 06:55 PM

A questionable pick in the second round, nonetheless.

milkman
11-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I'd still say Stafford is the one I would want on my team.. He has been plagued by injuries this season, so its not really a fair assessment.

Freeman does look better than I ever expected he would though

Stafford missed 6 games to injury last year, and after returning for one game after an injury earlier this year, appears to be out for the rest of the season due to injury now.

13 games in two seasons.

He has the talent, but he is beginning to look like he lacks the durability.

salame
11-09-2010, 08:11 PM
A questionable pick in the second round, nonetheless.

not if he really turned out to be Mike Vick 2.0

LaChapelle
11-09-2010, 11:26 PM
How many seasons did Cutler start
before people stopped hanging from his nuts
get back in 2012

BossChief
11-09-2010, 11:33 PM

baseball

Munson
11-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Sanchez is the QB that I wanted the Chiefs to draft. It was set up perfectly for KC to finally get a franchise QB. Instead, we draft a 3-4 defensive end with the #3 overall pick.

crazycoffey
11-10-2010, 12:27 AM
wasn't Freeman doomed to fail because he was a spread QB?

Bewbies
11-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Stafford is the one I'd still want. Lions should have taken Oher, perhaps if they could block for him he'd be playing more??

beach tribe
11-10-2010, 06:22 AM
not nearly as much-so as stafford. croyle, when he's been in the games I've seen, is gunshy and immediately looks to the short route (which COMPLETELY kills the reason for having a big arm in the first place)

That's all Herm brainwashing.
I would be willing to bet Anything, that if Croyle sees the field, he makes Cassel look stupid.

beach tribe
11-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Sanchez is the QB that I wanted the Chiefs to draft. It was set up perfectly for KC to finally get a franchise QB. Instead, we draft a 3-4 defensive end with the #3 overall pick.

We would be in the same boat we're in now. Stuck with an overpaid pos QB.

Bill Parcells
11-10-2010, 06:59 AM
BINGO!!!!

What are you talking about? you get laughed at all the time.

suds79
11-10-2010, 07:44 AM

Ah I think that is so overrated. So many of the QBs coming out of college now a days have to run the spread the coaches just have to learn how to deal with it.

notorious
11-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I thought Freeman would make a horrible NFL QB.

I missed in my judgment by a smidge. LMAO

FRCDFED
11-10-2010, 08:36 AM
That's all Herm brainwashing.
I would be willing to bet Anything, that if Croyle sees the field, he makes Cassel look stupid.This!

crossbow
11-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Some guys said Freeman was as dumb as a fence post. He seems smart enough to handle a pro offense. Geez, perfection is realy hard to find let me know when you stumble on to it.

thecoffeeguy
11-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Sanchez is the most overrated of the three, thats for sure.

jd1020
11-10-2010, 10:14 AM
How does a QB like Stafford even get mentioned in a conversation like this? He can't stay on the field. Any QB thats under center is a better QB than the one standing on the sideline with an ice pack wrapped around his shoulder. Hell, Croyle is better than Cassel. There are throws Croyle can make that Cassel can only dream of making but yet Croyle sits on the bench. Why? Because every other game hes hurt.

DonTellMeShowMe
11-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Nate Davis

this

Brock
11-10-2010, 10:43 AM

No, that was Bradford, another "spread-monkey".

B_Ambuehl
11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
How does a QB like Stafford even get mentioned in a conversation like this? He can't stay on the field. Any QB thats under center is a better QB than the one standing on the sideline with an ice pack wrapped around his shoulder. Hell, Croyle is better than Cassel. There are throws Croyle can make that Cassel can only dream of making but yet Croyle sits on the bench. Why? Because every other game hes hurt.

I'd say Croyle sits to avoid making Pioli look bad. Cassell has been the most babied QB in the history of the NFL. When he was in New England after Brady got hurt they cut all the QBs off the roster and wouldn't sign anyone else because they didn't want Cassell to feel any pressure. Since he's been here there's been a steady stream of propoganda put out to sell him to the public and maximize anything positive he does. Croyle started one game last year and did things Cassell hasn't yet approached in 25 starts. Haley wanted Croyle last year in preseason but notice how quickly that died down. The whole topic of "Cassell" is the biggest pile of shit I've seen since I've been watching football.

ChiefsCountry
11-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Sanchez hate is more Mecca hate than anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Sanchez is the QB that I wanted the Chiefs to draft. It was set up perfectly for KC to finally get a franchise QB.

It was Sanchez for me in the 1st OR Freeman in the 2nd. It appears I miscalculated their worth in that, in retrospect, Sanchez would have been a reach at 3 and Freeman wouldn't have made it to the 2nd round. My best scenario would have been to trade down the 1st pick. In case of a trade down to around 10 or 11 we would go for Sanchez, and in case of a trade down to the latter parts of the 1st we would have picked Freeman.

I was all for a trade down if it was at all possible.

Frankie
11-10-2010, 01:14 PM
No, that was Bradford, another "spread-monkey".

:D

I started loving Bradford for us, then I gave in to the "spread QB'' argument. I was wrong there. In any case we would not have had a chance at him.

Frankie
11-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

There is some truth to that IMO.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Riiiight :rolleyes:

BigCatDaddy
11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Riiiight :rolleyes:

Agreed, Mecca was all over Berry's nuts and so was everyone else here. It has nothing to do with Mecca and more with him doing less with more compared to Bradford and Freeman who are putting together solid years with piles of shit.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Agreed, Mecca was all over Berry's nuts and so was everyone else here. It has nothing to do with Mecca and more with him doing less with more compared to Bradford and Freeman who are putting together solid years with piles of shit.

Definately. Sanchez definately has a more complete team around him than the other 2. A top defense, running game, O-line, and they brought in Edwards and Holmes to bolster the recieving core. Freeman has lead some nice comebacks thus far and it is a heck of an accomplishment for that team to be 5-3. The Rams scored like 10 points a game last year, were an awful, awful team and have virtually nothing at reciever, but yet they are 4-4 with that "spread monkey" at QB.