PDA

View Full Version : Football ESPN Power Ranking Week 10

Ugly Duck
11-09-2010, 03:50 PM
So if the Broncos beat the Chiefs on Sunday, do they move up ahead of KC in the rankings?

12 Raiders 5-4 Only three AFC teams have more wins and only one other (the Jets) is 3-0 in its division.

14 Chiefs 5-3 The Chiefs' next four games appear favorable: at Denver, Arizona, at Seattle, Denver.

16 Chargers 4-5 Are the Chargers transitioning from typically poor early season to typically strong late season?

29 Broncos 2-6 Losers of four in a row before the bye, the Broncos now play host to the division-leading Chiefs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2010/week/10

LiL stumppy
11-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Eh not that it matters. We need to win the next 4, def. 3 of the next 4.

Sofa King
11-09-2010, 03:52 PM
:facepalm:

Fritz88
The Faiders are NOT making the playoffs.

Douche Baggins
One thing's for sure:

When the Pittsburgh Steelers get done with Oakland's asshole, every mouse in the universe is gonna have room to get smuggled in there.

KChiefs1
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Enjoy the highest ranking you'll have all year.

KChiefs1
11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Eh not that it matters. We need to win the next 4, def. 3 of the next 4.

The next 4 weeks will define the Chiefs season...come out of it with a 9-3 record & the division is ours...

KCtotheSB
11-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Ah, I see why you pointed this out.
Make sure you print it out and stick it onto your refrigerator.

LaChapelle
11-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Al's deal with the devil to have it rain in Oakland CHief's week
will cost you another JaMarcuss Russel draft pick

Three7s
11-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Win the next four against inferior opponents and we can wash that turd of a Raider game down the drains forever. The question is can we actually win decisively on the road?

Mr. Arrowhead
11-09-2010, 04:54 PM
my goodness, I cant wait for the next couple weeks, so the faiders can come back to earth, im sick of them already

Toto
11-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Oakland has a tough stretch ahead after the bye.
@ Steelers
vs. Dolphins (Only lost 1 road game)
@ Chargers
@ Jaguars

I'm more worried about the Chargers...they can win a lot of games. They have @ Indy...(who's really banged up), SF at home and @ Cincy...all the rest are AFC west.

Paniero
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Power rankings are like fat chicks. Most people ignore them, but around nerds with time to kill, attention is paid.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't think the Chiefs are ready for primetime. They aren't used to being a targeting team, as we are now that we are in the division lead. We'll get Denver's best game, and those other team's aren't slouches. I don't think we're ready this year, but we'll find out soon enough. It was fun while it lasted.

Champ
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
LMAO at you bitter ass Chief fans.

The Raiders are clearly the best team in the division, and right now are one of the best teams in the NFL.

We are top ten in offense, defense, scoring and have one of the best special teams in the NFL. We are a top ten team.

Accept it. And get used to us winning. We're back, bitch.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM

The Raiders are clearly the best team in the division, and right now are one of the best teams in the NFL.

We are top ten in offense, defense, scoring and have one of the best special teams in the NFL. We are a top ten team.

Fear the Raiders! ROFL

Nzoner
11-09-2010, 09:54 PM

:rolleyes:

Wow,you've beaten Denver,Seattle and had to go to overtime to beat an improving(but not close to being great) KC team.

I'll refrain from kissing your ass until you guys can boast about beating the Steelers and the Chargers at their place and yes even us at our place.

donkhater
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM

Given that the writer didn't know that there were 4 teams in the AFC with more wins than Oak and not 3, I don't know how much weight I would give to his opinion.

LaChapelle
11-09-2010, 10:30 PM
THe CHiefs went into their bye week
on a 3 win high too

Ugly Duck
11-09-2010, 10:58 PM
THe CHiefs went into their bye week
on a 3 win high too

Uh-oh.... I think I see what you mean. The Chiefs are 2-3 after their bye. Ominous - not championship football. Oakland's run D tightened up in that stretch allowing only 85 yards per game generating a 4-1 record in that period. Only reason the Raiders were able to climb up is cuz the Chiefs fell down after their bye. Hope Oakland doesn't start going the KC way....

I'll refrain from kissing your ass until you guys can boast about beating the Steelers at their place

I don't recall Big Ben ever beating the Raiders. Last year @Pitt:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxOgpxVvR4E&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxOgpxVvR4E&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Msmith
11-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Definitely the games that define the Raiders will be the Steelers and the Chargers. If they win, then more power to them.

Sofa King
11-10-2010, 08:05 AM

how long does this troll get to stick around? He's been annoying since his 1st post....

DJJasonp
11-10-2010, 09:25 AM
10 wins...wins the west.

Raiders wont get to 9, not worried about them.

Chargers have very little room for error (can only lose 1 more game to get to 10 wins)

Chiefs just need to go 4-3 down stretch to win the division. The two bronco games and the raider game at home are very important. The chargers already have 2 losses in the division.

jd1020
11-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I wouldnt be suprised if we see the Chargers at the top again. Rivers is destroying the league and he doesnt have his #1 receiver but he will. The Chiefs have 4 games left that make me nervous. 1. This upcomming Broncos game in Denver. 2. Chargers in SD, I dont see the Chiefs winning this game - Hell, I imagine it will be pretty ugly. 3. Rams - 1 reason, Bradford. 4. Tennessee - CJ + Moss? Really?

bobbything
11-10-2010, 09:41 AM
The Raiders are clearly the best team in the division
Anyone that says this about their team, this year, in the AFC West doesn't know dick about football.

Sandolf
11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't think the Chiefs are ready for primetime. They aren't used to being a targeting team, as we are now that we are in the division lead. We'll get Denver's best game, and those other team's aren't slouches. I don't think we're ready this year, but we'll find out soon enough. It was fun while it lasted.

Well at least we'll find out what the Donks "best" game looks like. Should be interesting.

jd1020
11-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone that says this about their team, this year, in the AFC West doesn't know dick about football.

Anyone but a Chargers fan.

alpha_omega
...The Raiders are clearly the best team in the division...

Clearly????????????????????

It doesn't seem that obvious to me. Anybody else?

Sandolf
how long does this troll get to stick around? He's been annoying since his 1st post....

A win in the last game would have certainly helped see him off.

Sandolf
11-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Chiefs just need to go 4-3 down stretch to win the division. The two bronco games and the raider game at home are very important. The chargers already have 2 losses in the division.

KC and SD likely play for the division when they meet at Qualcomm.

CoMoChief
11-10-2010, 09:51 AM
One thing's for sure:

When the Pittsburgh Steelers get done with Oakland's asshole, every mouse in the universe is gonna have room to get smuggled in there.

ROFL

TownBizzness510
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
:rolleyes:

Wow,you've beaten Denver,Seattle and had to go to overtime to beat an improving(but not close to being great) KC team.

I'll refrain from kissing your ass until you guys can boast about beating the Steelers and the Chargers at their place and yes even us at our place.

Pay no attention to the fact the Chiefs have not beat a team with a winning record this year! Facts mean nothing to the bitter Chief fans!

ROYC75
11-10-2010, 10:04 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL:shake:

Discuss Thrower
11-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Pride goeth before the road loss, folks.

Ugly Duck
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
10 wins...wins the west.

Chiefs just need to go 4-3 down stretch to win the division.

??? 5 + 4 = 9

B_Ambuehl
11-10-2010, 01:03 PM
The Faid could easily go 6-0 in the division. There isn't a balanced offense in the division and they seem to have gotten it together mentally against the run the last couple of weeks. They were missing half their impact players and still kicked KCs ass. Everybody here seems to be under the assumption that yall will easily beat them in week 17 but they always play well here and they'll likely be much healthier. The faid also have a recent history of playing very well on the road in late season games They already beat Denver by 50 They got lucky against the Chargers but the Chargers don't match up well against them. Those games are always close and the Faid is much more physical along both fronts so that could go either way. Either way I wouldn't be at all surprised by a 5-1 or 6-0 division performance by the Faid.

jd1020
11-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Winning by a FG in OT is kicking someones ass?

B_Ambuehl
11-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Yes, they were very shorthanded and KC shoulda won that game easily. The officials and a good portion of Raider players tried to give you the game the entire day but you wouldn't take it. Give credit to the guys who got it done. They kicked your ass physically at the line of scrimmage. Wiegmann and Waters didn't want no more. They had no offensive weapons but still moved the ball easily enough. Their entire defense revolves around Asumogha and even with him out and leaving slapdicks sitting out on an island they made Cassell and this receiving look like what he is. It was an ass kicking effort by a shorthanded team and I'd be concerned about facing that team again with their guys healthy.

jd1020
11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
The officials had bad calls both ways... 1 holding call for Hali? Really? He was get choked all day long. If anything the officials gave the Raiders a second chance by calling a holding penalty on a player not even making contact with a receiver. Then 2 plays that stopped the clock when the Raiders were lining up to spike the ball at the very end of regulation.

If anything the Chiefs were just as banged up. Charles 10 carries? Not on a healthy day. McCluster out. It's clear McCluster is the X factor with these last 2 games. Barely beating the Bills and losing to the Raiders?

B_Ambuehl
11-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Stop making excuses and acknowledge you got your ass kicked by 2nd tier players. How do you think the Chiefs would have fared without Moeaki, Bowe, Dorsey, DJ, and Flowers?

Those are the chiefs equivalent of Oakland not having Zach Miller, Louis Murphey, John Henderson, McClain, and Asomugha.

Think about that for a minute.

jd1020
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry but you are a moron if a 3 point victory in OT is an ass kicking, the Broncos game was an ass kicking. They got shut out the first half. They outplayed the Chiefs in the second half with help from a lapse in the Chiefs special teams. Nevermind that on that play theres a Chief next to Ford when he cut through the hole with exposed shoulder pads. Holding? Or the Chiefs punt return called back by a block from the side called a block in the back. Yup... ass kicked.

Go back to your own board, fool.

TownBizzness510
11-10-2010, 01:37 PM
The officials had bad calls both ways... 1 holding call for Hali? Really? He was get choked all day long. If anything the officials gave the Raiders a second chance by calling a holding penalty on a player not even making contact with a receiver. Then 2 plays that stopped the clock when the Raiders were lining up to spike the ball at the very end of regulation.

If anything the Chiefs were just as banged up. Charles 10 carries? Not on a healthy day. McCluster out. It's clear McCluster is the X factor with these last 2 games. Barely beating the Bills and losing to the Raiders?

1 of the 2 clock stopping plays you mentioned was due to a chief player getting injured, not the refs favoring Oakland. And no, the chiefs were not just as banged up as the Raiders. We were missing our starting QB (Bruce Gradkowski), our 2 top receivers (Zach Miller and Louis Murphy) and our best defensive player Nnamdi Asamough). I heard no report of Charles being injured/not fully healthy until after the game, was he injured going into the game of did he get hurt during the game?

jd1020
11-10-2010, 01:40 PM
He was limping on his side of the ball and the Raiders were all lined up ready to spike the ball when the whistles blew...

Rain Man
11-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Stop making excuses and acknowledge you got your ass kicked by 2nd tier players. How do you think the Chiefs would have fared without Moeaki, Bowe, Dorsey, DJ, and Flowers?

Those are the chiefs equivalent of Oakland not having Zach Miller, Louis Murphey, John Henderson, McClain, and Asomugha.

But the Raiders didn't have to limit McFadden to 10 carries...

HighChief
11-10-2010, 01:43 PM

Yes the Raid was beaten up. Of coarse they did not have some key players. But do you really think Ford would have even been targeted in the passing game if Miller was in the game? I dont think so. Given he would have had the td regardless.

All it was was a MUST win at home for a .500 team. I would take desperation over talent anyday. Three games does not a season make. But good for you guys. I forgot how much i hated the raid until this last sunday.:cuss:

Rain Man
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
1 of the 2 clock stopping plays you mentioned was due to a chief player getting injured, not the refs favoring Oakland.

It may be bad, but I was watching Donald Washington as everybody was lining up and thinking, "Just stand up! Stand up! It doesn't matter if you can't move!"

Rain Man
11-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Yes the Raid was beaten up. Of coarse they did not have some key players. But do you really think Ford would have even been targeted in the passing game if Miller was in the game? I dont think so. Given he would have had the td regardless.

All it was was a MUST win at home for a .500 team. I would take desperation over talent anyday. Three games does not a season make. But good for you guys. I forgot how much i hated the raid until this last sunday.:cuss:

We had another thing working in our favor, which was that Heyward-Bey was healthy and on the field. It hurts to not win when you have that kind of advantage.

Extra Point
11-10-2010, 01:46 PM

This!

Extra Point
11-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Uh-oh.... I think I see what you mean. The Chiefs are 2-3 after their bye. Ominous - not championship football. Oakland's run D tightened up in that stretch allowing only 85 yards per game generating a 4-1 record in that period. Only reason the Raiders were able to climb up is cuz the Chiefs fell down after their bye. Hope Oakland doesn't start going the KC way....

I don't recall Big Ben ever beating the Raiders. Last year @Pitt:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxOgpxVvR4E&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxOgpxVvR4E&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

That was the Steelers' wake up call. Hopefully, we got ours.

PGM
11-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes, they were very shorthanded and KC shoulda won that game easily. The officials and a good portion of Raider players tried to give you the game the entire day but you wouldn't take it. Give credit to the guys who got it done. They kicked your ass physically at the line of scrimmage. Wiegmann and Waters didn't want no more. They had no offensive weapons but still moved the ball easily enough. Their entire defense revolves around Asumogha and even with him out and leaving slapdicks sitting out on an island they made Cassell and this receiving look like what he is. It was an ass kicking effort by a shorthanded team and I'd be concerned about facing that team again with their guys healthy.

What team is your dumbass a fan of?

B_Ambuehl
11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Whichever one(s) I have money on that week.

I'm long past the point of getting emotionally invested in a team. These owners, GMs and coaches aren't worth the heartache.

jd1020
11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
You dont get emotionally invested in a team yet you spend time browsing boards. Makes sense. Bandwagon fans are always funny. Sound like a Broncos fan trying to spread the pain of getting truly molested, IMO. 1. You are calling the Raiders "Faiders" and someone not emotionally tied to a rival team doesnt do that. 2. You obviously arent a Chiefs fan. 3. You wouldnt be on here talking about getting ones ass kicked if you were a Chargers fan. So all thats left are the Broncos.

B_Ambuehl
11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I've been coming to this board since '04. I used to be a big chiefs fan when DV was coach but the day Herm was hired I quit caring. Since then the chiefs are just entertainment.

Football is a lot more fun when you can look at things objectively, which is impossible if you're all that emotionally vested in a team.

I use the 'Faiders' term out of habit. No hate meant with that.

Rausch
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM

This I know: Oakland gets up to play division games. They bring some extra that week.

No one else in the AFCW has been able to do that so far...

BCD
11-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Is B_Ambuehl the new Packfan?

Champ
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Clearly????????????????????

It doesn't seem that obvious to me. Anybody else?

Our 3-0 record in the division says otherwise.

jd1020
11-10-2010, 04:28 PM

Not saying the Chiefs are the best but your #2 division standing says otherwise aswell. Raiders have beaten every team in the division on a single day. Congrats! I guess the Browns are better than the Patriots. Anyone with half a brain can see that the Chargers are the best team in the division even with their poor record.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2010, 04:28 PM

lol who gives a fuck? You're still not winning the division. But you are winning my heart.

ClevelandBronco
11-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I'd like to thank the football gods for Dallas, Carolina and Buffalo.