PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Charles has an injury ? Talking about the spin doctor.

ROYC75
11-10-2010, 10:10 AM
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/25759455

Thanks to Haley,CBS has this all twisted.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2010, 12:23 PM
If he doesn't play against Denver, or if he does and he's not at full strength.....see ya season.

pr_capone
11-10-2010, 12:24 PM
If he doesn't play against Denver, or if he does and he's not at full strength.....see ya season.

One man will not make or break the team. Kinda like the game against the Raiders. The entire team was a gigantic sack of FAIL.

Rausch
11-10-2010, 12:25 PM

I'm not worried about being able to run the ball at Denver.

I'm much more worried about lost field position and the 3-4 extra 1st downs McCluster provides in the passing game.

It wouldn't be as dangerous a running game but Thomas Jones can slug it out and keep drives alive...

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2010, 12:26 PM
One man will not make or break the team. Kinda like the game against the Raiders. The entire team was a gigantic sack of FAIL.

It won't break the team, but we'll lose by 4 instead of 3 this time. ;)

mikey23545
11-10-2010, 12:27 PM
According to our Chiefs Rapid Reporter Bob Gretz, Todd Haley admitted that Charles had to leave the game against Oakland because of "physical problems he would not describe."

I am so sick of this childishness regarding injuries.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm not worried about being able to run the ball at Denver.

I'm much more worried about lost field position and the 3-4 extra 1st downs McCluster provides in the passing game.

It wouldn't be as dangerous a running game but Thomas Jones can slug it out and keep drives alive...

I think CP thinks this season is slowly slipping away, am I right?

I don't think it is, I'm just poking fun, but what do you think?

Marcellus
11-10-2010, 12:35 PM
According to our Chiefs Rapid Reporter Bob Gretz, Todd Haley admitted that Charles had to leave the game against Oakland because of "physical problems he would not describe."

I don't understand why people don't realize the less information given out about injuries the less info the opponent has.

It's not childish, it's smart. You should never in any way shape or form help your opponent or give them any information you are not required to.

In what way, shape, or form, does telling or not telling the fans specifics on injuries change the outcome of games on Sunday?

I am only concerned with things that determine winning or losing and this ain't one of them.

Rausch
11-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't think it is, I'm just poking fun, but what do you think?

I think injuries happen and the if there's any position right now on the team we can take an injury it's at HB.

Or QB, that'd be ok too...

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Probably had the runs after eating some fine Oakland "cuisine".

mikey23545
11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't understand why people don't realize the less information given out about injuries the less info the opponent has.

It's not childish, it's smart. You should never in any way shape or form help your opponent or give them any information you are not required to.

In what way, shape, or form, does telling or not telling the fans specifics on injuries change the outcome of games on Sunday?

I am only concerned with things that determine winning or losing and this ain't one of them.

What utter bullshit. You really think some childish ploy like this brings the Donks defensive planning to a screeching halt?

ROFL

pr_capone
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
What utter bullshit. You really think some childish ploy like this brings the Donks defensive planning to a screeching halt?

ROFL

Jesus you are thick.

No, it won't bring their game planning to a halt but it certainly does not help. Especially knowing that we have two completely different kinds of backs with JC & TJ.

If I were game planning the defense, I sure as shit would like to know what the chances of my opponents star RB playing. If he does play, it would also be helpful to know what on him is hurting so my players know what to zone in on.

Marcellus
11-10-2010, 01:35 PM

ROFL

I am not saying it makes a difference in every case. It's a basic philosophy. You don't decide when and when not to discuss players injury status, you just don't talk about it.

They are required to disclose things on the injury report. Outside of that they are not required to do shit.

I ask again, what does disclosing injury information to the fans do to effect the outcome of the game? Nothing so why worry about it? I think this is also why they don't want to waste time discussing it.

What negative impact does this nondisclosure policy have on the team?

It just annoys some people that they don't care that you want to know.

LiL stumppy
11-10-2010, 02:09 PM

ROFL

do you know anything about football?

jesus

Rooster
11-10-2010, 02:20 PM

ROFL

I don't think you get it.:spock:

Lonewolf Ed
11-10-2010, 02:25 PM
If Charles can't go, then they will unleash Jackie Battle on the Donks!

Tylerthigpen!1!
11-10-2010, 02:57 PM

ROFL

How the fuck is it childish? You insisting on knowing is more childish than that.

Rausch
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM

I actually like the idea of a phat back like him having a few carries if Charles is out...

Ugly Duck
11-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Looked to me like he took a blow to the nads - watch the replay. They don't wanna describe it cuz they'd have to say "testicles" into the mike.

MahiMike
11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Seemed pretty obvious to me on Sunday he had a groin injury.

KC Tattoo
11-10-2010, 05:53 PM

I'd rather have Jackie Battle carry the rock for Jones, but with injury to Charles just getting him on the field can help & hopefully replace Jones down the road. Jones is ok but his age is a factor and he has played lot of football so it is starting to show imo.

Three7s
11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
With Battle and Jones, that would remind me a bit of the Giants running game.

MichaelH
11-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Maybe he just wants to eat nachos in the booth.

PlasticMan
11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Charles was not on the injury report today only McCluster, Waters and Lewis all reported as limited participation have to assume Charles had full participation.

BossChief
11-10-2010, 06:46 PM
not talking about a players injury has more to do than gameplanning.

It has to do with allowing your player to get healthy and not have in game setbacks.

There are plenty of dirty players out there that if they find out exactly whats wrong with an opponent, they might try to further injure that player.

If you come out and say (just an example) Jamaal Charles has a broken thumb on his right hand and there is a scrum (pileup for a loose ball) some of the guys WILL try to get a hold of Jamaals right hand to twist that thumb to try and get him out of the game.

there are plenty or reasons to keep the fans and everyone else in the dark concerning injuries.

RustShack
11-10-2010, 06:50 PM

ROFL

ratard :doh!: