PDA

View Full Version : Football ESPN MVP Watch: P. Manning, P. Rivers, D. McFadden, & other top NFL Players compete

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 02:17 PM
1. PEYTON MANNING Reggie Wayne has been the only constant for Manning this season. Austin Collie, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Joseph Addai and Donald Brown have missed games. Manning still nearly willed the Colts to victory at Philadelphia.

2. PHILIP RIVERS Rivers leads the NFL in passing yards, yards per attempt and TD passes. He ranks third in passer rating behind Michael Vick, who could earn a spot on this list with additional playing time, and Vince Young.

9. DARREN McFADDEN McFadden cracks the list for the first time this season after helping the Raiders score impressive victories over two current AFC West rivals (Denver, Kansas City) and one former one (Seattle). He leads the NFL in rushing yards per game. *We would have rated him much higher, but we read posts from many KC fans on Chiefsplanet.com that he is a bust & not as good as Jamaal Charles - which confuses us greatly.

*Italics added by Oakland homer.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/27269/mike-sandos-mvp-watch-26

Shogun
11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
9. DARREN McFADDEN McFadden cracks the list for the first time this season after helping the Raiders score impressive victories over two current AFC West rivals (Denver, Kansas City) and one former one (Seattle). He leads the NFL in rushing yards per game. *We would have rated him much higher, but we read posts from many KC fans on Chiefsplanet.com that he is a bust & not as good as Jamaal Charles - which confuses us greatly.

This is 100% true. You heard it here first.

NewChief
11-12-2010, 02:21 PM
It pains me to see D-Mac playing for Oakland. I'm so conflicted. Love seeing a former Hog doing well. Hate seeing him cause Oakland to do well.

TheGuardian
11-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I love McFadden. He raped the Raiders for two years and he's still only had good games against porus defenses. It always makes me laugh when people jump on a guys jock like this when he really still hasn't done anything. And the guy is a candybone. Get back to me when he plays in a full 16 game season.

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I love McFadden. He raped the Raiders for two years and he's still only had good games against porus defenses.

Like KC?

Marcellus
11-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Like KC?

If you want to call that a good game for McFadden go for it. Charles had more overall yards and higher avg per touch and it was a disappointing game by his standards.

I guess different players and teams have different standards as to what is called a "good" game.

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I guess different players and teams have different standards

Obviously ESPN has different standards - McFadden is on their MVP list & Jamaal isn't even mentioned...

Pants
11-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Like KC?

He raped KC? Ford raped KC.

jd1020
11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Charles is sharing the spot light with another 1000 yard rusher. By default he isnt going to be a MVP.

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Obviously ESPN has different standards - McFadden is on their MVP list & Jamaal isn't even mentioned...ESPN is just retarded. It has nothing to do with standards.

Three7s
11-12-2010, 02:43 PM
How many yards did McFadden rush for against us again? Less than 100, I know that. Half of it was on one run.

TheGuardian
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Like KC?

Remind me what he did on the ground against KC again? He had 1 good run the entire day. The rest of the time he got his shit pushed in. It will be even worse in KC.

Count Zarth
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
McFadden had a shitty game against KC.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2010, 02:58 PM
He raped KC? Ford raped KC.

Flowers is still having nightmares... that was a raping for the ages by Ford...

Shogun
11-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Raiders thread time

What's the difference between a hooker with diarrhea, and an oyster with epilepsy?

With the oyster, you shuck between fits.

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Raiders thread time

What's the difference between a hooker with diarrhea, and an oyster with epilepsy?

With the oyster, you shuck between fits.ROFL

ClevelandBronco
11-12-2010, 03:22 PM
If you want to call that a good game for McFadden go for it. Charles had more overall yards and higher avg per touch and it was a disappointing game by his standards.

I guess different players and teams have different standards as to what is called a "good" game.

I think TheGuardian addressed Charles.

I love (Jamaal). He...'s still only had good games against porus defenses. It always makes me laugh when people jump on a guys jock like this when he really still hasn't done anything. And the guy is a candybone. Get back to me when he plays in a full 16 game season.

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Charles is sharing the spot light with another 1000 yard rusher. By default he isnt going to be a MVP.

Oh hey c'mon now... McFadden also splits carries with Michael Bush. He just has a few more carries than Jamaal & yet still leads the league in yards per game. Only place McFadden is a bust is on this BB.

Buck
11-12-2010, 03:38 PM
If Darren McFadden wins the MVP this year, I will quit CP forever.

Count Zarth
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
McFadden isn't going to win MVP because MVPs don't play on 7-9 teams.

milkman
11-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Oh hey c'mon now... McFadden also splits carries with Michael Bush. He just has a few more carries than Jamaal & yet still leads the league in yards per game. Only place McFadden is a bust is on this BB.

McFadden is averaging nearly a 6 rushing attempts per game more than Charles.

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 03:49 PM
McFadden is averaging nearly a 6 rushing attempts per game more than Charles.

Oh. Well, then... some backs just aren't tough enough to have the coach's confidence that they can take the pounding. Some backs are just too small to have enough carries to compete in the MVP race. There!

Count Zarth
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh. Well, then... some backs just aren't tough enough to have the coach's confidence that they can take the pounding. Some backs are just too small to have enough carries to compete in the MVP race. There!

Darren McFadden has never carried the ball more than 139 times in one year.

You should shut your yap until he actually stays healthy an entire season.

By the way, McFadden has already missed two games this year.

Fritz88
11-12-2010, 04:11 PM
McFadden better than Charles is ludicrous.

JC will probably last another 4 years of being an explosive back. During that period, McFadden will still be a decent back. However, in 4 or 5 years, McFadden is doing to be another washed up LJ.

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
JC will probably last another 4 years of being an explosive back because his carries are so limited due to him being severely undersized for the NFL

FYP

DA_T_84
11-12-2010, 04:28 PM
In other news, Curtis Bowen is a fat black son of a bitch.

DBOSHO
11-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I still havent had an answer to why chris johnson is jamaals exact size and isnt too undersized to play.

notorious
11-12-2010, 04:55 PM
JC will probably last another 4 years of being a wasted talent because his carries are so limited due to a coaching staff that can't remove their head from their ass.

FYP

FYP x2

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 05:06 PM
I still havent had an answer to why chris johnson is jamaals exact size and isnt too undersized to play.

Because their coaches realize that one is tough enough to take the hits & the other is not?

Marcellus
11-12-2010, 06:06 PM
I think TheGuardian addressed Charles.

You really gonna try to talk shit on a guy who set a franchise rushing record against you last time he played against you?

Really?

Marcellus
11-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Because their coaches realize that one is tough enough to take the hits & the other is not?

So explain McFadden's previous 2 years please.

KCrockaholic
11-12-2010, 06:11 PM

How is Charles not tough enough to take hits when he carried this team the last 8 games of 2009? And you don't see him missing games either. Charles has shown that he CAN carry a team by himself. But because our coaches aren't dumb enough like Herm to give him the ball 416 times, Charles is looked at as undersized and too small to be an every down back?

The fact is, over the last 16 games played in the NFL, Jamaal Charles is by far the best runningback in the NFL.

Johnny Vegas
11-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Obviously ESPN has different standards - McFadden is on their MVP list & Jamaal isn't even mentioned...

thats fine with me. keep the Chiefs under the radar is all I'm asking for.

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 08:07 PM
How is Charles not tough enough to take hits...

I dunno - what other possible excuse could there be for your coaches to limit his play?

KCrockaholic
11-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I dunno - what other possible excuse could there be for your coaches to limit his play?

So your basing your opinion of Charles being fragile on our coaches' decision to play Thomas Jones slightly more than Charles?

That is what you're going off of to determine toughness?

Demonpenz
11-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Run Dmc is a beast

Smed1065
11-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Jack off to good news for your team. Call BS on others.........

Loser.

thurman merman
11-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Roddy White is the MVP.