PDA

View Full Version : News Florida Deputy shot and killed a man over a bag of pot; won't face charges

Johnny Vegas
11-13-2010, 12:37 AM
"Justified Homicide"

"We don't have a policy on humanity," the Sheriff replied.

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/11/deputy_who_killed_man_for_bag_of_pot_wont_face_any.php
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-09-15/story/passenger-motorcyclist-slain-nassau-deputy-calls-shooting-senseless
<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=671256323001&playerID=627944126001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAETmbMg~,6otZKqklCcBH8HsWjpX3iNYQ2qLFLFGj&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=671256323001&playerID=627944126001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAETmbMg~,6otZKqklCcBH8HsWjpX3iNYQ2qLFLFGj&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Psyko Tek
11-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Next time leave the cop's pot alone

Johnny Vegas
11-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Next time leave the cop's pot alone

now he's back on patrol I'll be sure of that!

Smed1065
11-13-2010, 12:43 AM
The Shield.........

Bane
11-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Maybe I'm missing the part of the video where his actions prompted getting shot.:shrug:

Smed1065
11-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Found a bag of weed afterward.

Bane
11-13-2010, 12:46 AM
So they thought that the rolled up bag of weed was a gun? Okay then......

Rudy lost the toss
11-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Two dudes? Take the car.

-King-
11-13-2010, 01:11 AM
And this is why people hate cops. Fuck them.

Someone should do the same to that cop.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pushead2
11-13-2010, 03:10 AM
wow.......

Phobia
11-13-2010, 04:32 AM
She is the sovereign mother, intellectual property owner, and caretaker of Ray Boddenę. You whiteys will be receiving a list of demands.

LaChapelle
11-13-2010, 06:09 AM
Zombie cop potheads will ruin this country

Buck
11-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Ridiculous.

Why was that one cop wearing an Aeropostale shirt too? That didn't make sense.

grimes82
11-13-2010, 07:01 AM
And this is why people hate cops. **** them.

Someone should do the same to that cop.
Posted via Mobile Device

Come on man. It is easy to sit here on a computer and judge someones actions after the fact. I am not arguing the fact that there are dirty cops because there are, but to say **** them all in general is not right. They put their lives on the line every day and stand a chance of being killed to protect you.

Huffman83
11-13-2010, 07:29 AM
There's nothing worse than a cop that's afraid of you.

Johnny Vegas
11-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Ridiculous.

Why was that one cop wearing an Aeropostale shirt too? That didn't make sense.

he was a civilian ride along. he thought the man was pulling for a weapon.

Buck
11-13-2010, 07:51 AM
he was a civilian ride along. he thought the man was pulling for a weapon.

So the guy gets shot and killed because the Metro civilian thinks the guy is grabbing for something.

Phobia
11-13-2010, 07:56 AM
So the guy gets shot and killed because the Metro civilian thinks the guy is grabbing for something.

No. The real cop thought he was. The ride-along was just going baserk in response to the cop's voice inflection.

soopamanluva
11-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Come on man. It is easy to sit here on a computer and judge someones actions after the fact. I am not arguing the fact that there are dirty cops because there are, but to say **** them all in general is not right. They put their lives on the line every day and stand a chance of being killed to protect you.

I've never had a cop help me out or protect me in ANY situation. Don't need them...

NewChief
11-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Holy shit. When the cop fires the shots, his hands aren't even close to his pockets are clearly away from his body and empty. That's insane. I'm not one to jump on the **** da police bandwagon, but that's some crazy shit.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2010, 08:06 AM
The police couldve handled that situation better. Had he just cooperated with the police there he'd still be alive.

NewChief
11-13-2010, 08:10 AM
The police couldve handled that situation better. Had he just cooperated with the police there he'd still be alive.

They went from "put your hands up" to capping his ass pretty damned quickly, and I never saw the dude make a "reaching" or "pulling" motion the whole time. That's just a bizarre situation.

At 1:58 they tell him to put his hands up or put his hand back. At 2:01, they start shooting him. That's crazy.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Love your country. Fear your government.

Phobia
11-13-2010, 08:20 AM
I've never had a cop help me out or protect me in ANY situation. Don't need them...

If they weren't out there, you'd miss them. They're protecting you right now whether you will recognize it or not.

Phobia
11-13-2010, 08:22 AM
They went from "put your hands up" to capping his ass pretty damned quickly, and I never saw the dude make a "reaching" or "pulling" motion the whole time. That's just a bizarre situation.

At 1:58 they tell him to put his hands up or put his hand back. At 2:01, they start shooting him. That's crazy.

I definitely agree. But, that's why I take cop instructions very seriously. Have you seen some of the videos of cops getting shot? I wouldn't want to be on either side of that gun.

NewChief
11-13-2010, 08:25 AM
I definitely agree. But, that's why I take cop instructions very seriously. Have you seen some of the videos of cops getting shot? I wouldn't want to be on either side of that gun.

Yeah. I know that 3 seconds is an eternity in that situation and that the cop could have just as easily been shot in that 3 seconds. Still I never saw the guy making a reaching/drawing motion in that 3 seconds. What blows me away about the 3 seconds is just the general quick turn of the situation that happened in 3 seconds. I know it could have just as easily gone the other way where the cop was getting shot that quickly.

seamonster
11-13-2010, 08:43 AM

Look, a friend of mine is an ex marine and a cop for PG county maryland, but this video has been making the rounds for over a year and everybody I talk too is 100% assured these cops are dangerously stupid hill-billies that should be fired for this.

KCUnited
11-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Sprinkle some crack on him, O'Malley and lets go eat.

el borracho
11-13-2010, 09:58 AM
The thread title is a bit misleading, isn't it? The police didn't really kill a guy for having pot; they shot him because he didn't follow directions.

Baconeater
11-13-2010, 10:06 AM
What a fucking ignorant thing to say.

stevieray
11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
. and he couldn't have shot him in the leg and incapacitated him, and then be ready for the second shot if it really was a gun??

two shots that end up being fatal? sounds a little trigger happy.

Rausch
11-13-2010, 10:15 AM
The thread title is a bit misleading, isn't it? The police didn't really kill a guy for having pot; they shot him because he didn't follow directions.

Any time you fire your weapon you will be sued.

Just a fact.

You hit someone you'll face a much better lawyer, right or wrong.

You kill someone you might as well dedicate the next 2 years of your life (minimum) to dealing with the fact someone with more money is trying to paint you as a murderer.

And this is even if you are Dudley fucking Do-Right and follow all policies and procedures to the fine print.

I would not, will not, shall not be a cop

I could not, would not, in a big house.
I would not, could not, with a spouse.
I would not sign up to get off my rocks.
I would not join them for teh box.
I would not do it here or there.
I would not wear badge anywhere.
I would not eat green eggs and ham.
I do not like slander, Irate-I-am.

el borracho
11-13-2010, 10:22 AM
For the record, I wasn't defending the cops actions. I don't see anything in the video that merits the shooting. I was only clarifying that the cop did not shoot the guy for having pot (which is what the thread title suggests).

Pitt Gorilla
11-13-2010, 10:43 AM
For the record, I wasn't defending the cops actions. I don't see anything in the video that merits the shooting. I was only clarifying that the cop did not shoot the guy for having pot (which is what the thread title suggests).Clearly, if you don't follow directions, you should die. That's pretty much the founding principle of our nation.

KCHawg
11-13-2010, 10:47 AM
. and he couldn't have shot him in the leg and incapacitated him, and then be ready for the second shot if it really was a gun??

two shots that end up being fatal? sounds a little trigger happy.

At the academy you are taught to aim center of mass and continue shooting until they quit doing whatever made you shoot the first shot. If center mass doesn't work, BOOM! Headshot! Never got taught to aim at arms or legs....

thebrad84
11-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I wonder if this guy would still be alive had he not chosen to break the law that night? Yes, possessing a baggie of marijuana isn't that serious of a crime, but it's still against the law, thus creating the entire situation to begin with. By no means am I saying that alone justifies the deputy using lethal force and the man losing his life, but the video doesn't show the entire scene.

The officer was out numbered 2 to 1 and we cannot see what the other subject is doing with the officer when he commands Bodden to put his hands up, which Bodden fails to do. The officer made a quick decision that ultimately turned out to be wrong. It's something he has to live with for the rest of his life.

Not defending the deputy's decision to use lethal force in that situation and I agree he should lose his job over the incident. But this incident never happens in the first place if Bodden hadn't decided to break the law that night.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I wonder if this guy would still be alive had he not chosen to break the law that night? Yes, possessing a baggie of marijuana isn't that serious of a crime, but it's still against the law, thus creating the entire situation to begin with. By no means am I saying that alone justifies the deputy using lethal force and the man losing his life, but the video doesn't show the entire scene.

The officer was out numbered 2 to 1 and we cannot see what the other subject is doing with the officer when he commands Bodden to put his hands up, which Bodden fails to do. The officer made a quick decision that ultimately turned out to be wrong. It's something he has to live with for the rest of his life.

Not defending the deputy's decision to use lethal force in that situation and I agree he should lose his job over the incident. But this incident never happens in the first place if Bodden hadn't decided to break the law that night.

Actually, the guy wearing the t-shirt and holding the flashlight is a ride along with the deputy. So the murdered man is the one that's outnumbered 2 to 1. And somehow, I doubt that anyone who is so willing to quickly pull a weapon and end another man's life without any kind of action from said man to warrant it, is going to lose a whole lot of sleep over it. This guy is one of the few cops out there that got the job for the gun, rather than the badge.

Rain Man
11-13-2010, 11:37 AM
The police are a necessary part of society, and it's insane to believe otherwise. However, I really wish they wouldn't park on the sidewalk when they stop at the 7/11 near my house. If the rest of us can find a parking place, they should, too.

Rausch
11-13-2010, 11:42 AM
At the academy you are taught to aim center of mass and continue shooting until they quit doing whatever made you shoot the first shot.

Once the threat has been eliminated.

Rain Man
11-13-2010, 11:42 AM

That's why I have no sympathy for crooks who get shot while they're committing robberies. Getting shot is an occupational hazard for a criminal, just like a knee injury is an occupational hazard for a football player or a wreck is an occupational hazard for a truck driver. If you don't want to take the risk, don't choose that profession.

jd1020
11-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm not going to defend or attack the cop since just before the shots were fired it goes out of frame. What I saw was a ride along pointing out that he was doing something with his left hand. Then the officer told him to get his hands up and he never did. I'll never understand whats so hard about doing what a cop asks. It's not like they are asking you to build a rocket. "Get your hands up," "Sit down," "Hands behind your back." Are those directions really so hard to follow?

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Holy shit. When the cop fires the shots, his hands aren't even close to his pockets are clearly away from his body and empty. That's insane. I'm not one to jump on the **** da police bandwagon, but that's some crazy shit.

yeah, it goes off screen though right at that time too, so I couldn't see what his right hand was doing at the time of the shots. Tragic to say the least, but I also think I have to ask, why was he not complying? he was told several time to get his hands on the vehicle so the officer could check that he wasn't carrying drugs or a weapon, he didn't.

thebrad84
11-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Actually, the guy wearing the t-shirt and holding the flashlight is a ride along with the deputy. So the murdered man is the one that's outnumbered 2 to 1. And somehow, I doubt that anyone who is so willing to quickly pull a weapon and end another man's life without any kind of action from said man to warrant it, is going to lose a whole lot of sleep over it. This guy is one of the few cops out there that got the job for the gun, rather than the badge.

Read the story again (or for the first time). The ride along is a civilian who is only acting as a flash light holder. There were two subjects on the motorcycle, both of whom possessed marijuana.

thebrad84
11-13-2010, 11:56 AM
That's why I have no sympathy for crooks who get shot while they're committing robberies. Getting shot is an occupational hazard for a criminal, just like a knee injury is an occupational hazard for a football player or a wreck is an occupational hazard for a truck driver. If you don't want to take the risk, don't choose that profession.

That's exactly my point. Again, not saying the guy deserved to get shot and ultimately die. But that's an unfortunate consequence when you act nervous around an officer and disobey a very simple command to put your hands up because you are scared about the marijuana you have in your pocket, which is the decision he made and thus caused the incident to happen in the first place.

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah. I know that 3 seconds is an eternity in that situation and that the cop could have just as easily been shot in that 3 seconds. Still I never saw the guy making a reaching/drawing motion in that 3 seconds. What blows me away about the 3 seconds is just the general quick turn of the situation that happened in 3 seconds. I know it could have just as easily gone the other way where the cop was getting shot that quickly.

That's the crappier side of wearing the uniform, someone doesn't want to listen to you, most of the time it means they want to fight or run, other times they're drunk and want to lawyer-talk themselves out of trouble, either way it doesn't end well for the cop or the suspect.

Personally, I don't see me pulling the trigger.

I've been in some hairy situations looking down both sides of a gun and been able to keep a cool head and make the best decisions, so far [/knocks on wood]; however, I also wasn't there, and the clip is pretty short - therefore I don't have perspective on a few things; how long had they been there talking to Ray, Ray's body language, whether they ever talked to Ray before, if Ray has a rap sheet that includes any weapons or assault charges, and finally if the sudden movement to remove any item would have looked like a hostile move with intent to hurt me in anyway.

If I had these tidbits of information, I might be able to give a better opinion on who is/was right or wrong. As it is, this looks like an unfortunate situation that got very bad very quick and a human being lost their life. Now some Asshat is trying to use this situation as fodder for a political debate/movement to legalize pot.

Rain Man
11-13-2010, 12:04 PM
I've also read that when people have an adrenaline high, they tend to lose attention to detail. So if we're watching a video in our living room we may see one thing, but if we were in the same situation on a dark night in a person-to-person encounter we may see something very different. Same person, different situation, and a wallet may look like a gun in that key split second.

boogblaster
11-13-2010, 12:24 PM
protect and serve ... yea themselves .......

Phobia
11-13-2010, 12:48 PM
It's too bad the cop didn't have a taser that night. I don't think anybody should be killed for not following directions or holding pot or any other illegal substance but if a cop feels threatened, I hope he's not a giant wuss about it.

Hopefully the loss of this guy's life will evoke a change of policy that improves policy in the future.

jd1020
11-13-2010, 12:53 PM
but if a cop feels threatened, I hope he's not a giant wuss about it.

What? If you were a cop and threatened with your life you would holster the gun and grab the night stick? Get real.

When a cop says "Get your hands up!" You get your hands up. Its that simple.

Do I feel that some things cops do are unnecessary? Yes. Like when a cop tackles someone who is complying with them. There's no need for that yet you see it on about every episode of cops. But I would not lose one ounce of sleep for shooting a guy who was ignoring me and fiddling with something in his pocket.

Phobia
11-13-2010, 01:02 PM
What? If you were a cop and threatened with your life you would holster the gun and grab the night stick? Get real.

When a cop says "Get your hands up!" You get your hands up. Its that simple.

Do I feel that some things cops do are unnecessary? Yes. Like when a cop tackles someone who is complying with them. There's no need for that yet you see it on about every episode of cops. But I would not lose one ounce of sleep for shooting a guy who was ignoring me and fiddling with something in his pocket.

I might. I don't know. I'm not a cop. But shooting the guy dead is pretty heavy-handed - clearly. I don't think anybody can argue that. Cops also take care of their own, I don't think anybody can argue that. Bottom line, I don't think this video proves anything one way or another. I agree with Crazycoffey - need much more info.

Valiant
11-13-2010, 01:15 PM

The only problem with that is, Cops should be able to shoot other Cops dead for speeding off duty for breaking the law???

Two to one has probably been answered..

The video does not show the entire clip is not the victims fault, it is a police cam.. They are not wanting to show it for a reason, probably hear him saying afterward 'shit I ****ed up' or the ride along saying 'I was joking about me wanting you to shoot someone dead..' Basically the only reason for them not to show the entire scene is because they want to hide something.. If not the entire video would be protecting them..

jd1020
11-13-2010, 01:19 PM
The video does not show the entire clip is not the victims fault, it is a police cam.. They are not wanting to show it for a reason, probably hear him saying afterward 'shit I ****ed up' or the ride along saying 'I was joking about me wanting you to shoot someone dead..' Basically the only reason for them not to show the entire scene is because they want to hide something.. If not the entire video would be protecting them..

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Valiant
11-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Yet your ignorant ass does not explain a reason why the whole video is being shown..

jd1020
11-13-2010, 01:22 PM
What was shown in the video is all you needed to see, idiot. There's no protecting of anything. Protecting would be a video of what happened leading up to the shooting and not the shooting itself.

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Yet your ignorant ass does not explain a reason why the whole video is being shown..

the video isn't posted on the police station's website, duh [/sarcasm] for the dullheads

You do realize that if police cams could be edited, then they would never be allowed as evidence, right?

kstater
11-13-2010, 01:24 PM

The editor of the TV station piece chose not to show it? :shrug:

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Oh well, people make choices... I'll bet for a fleeting moment (before he died) the man (a criminal evidently) regretted his decision to take illegal drugs.

Oh, were you expecting people to feel sorry for the crook? Sorry, I don't. I'll bet the man's parents are glowing with pride for the choices their seed made...

CoMoChief
11-13-2010, 01:39 PM

There's an enormous amount of truth to this.

Nirvana58
11-13-2010, 01:48 PM
What a ****ing ignorant thing to say.

I have met many cops in my life. Some have been good and some have been pretty bad. Been in handcuffs more than I have wanted but have also been let go when I should have gone to jail. In my entire life I have never called the cops nor have they ever helped me out in any situation. There is not any situation that I would get the cops involved in. Cops are not heavily trained and there isn't very demanding requirements to become one. I would rather handle the situation myself and protect my own house and family.

That being said cops and the legal system are needed for society to run. (need some sort of checks and balances) Even if the system and its employees seem to be assbackwards sometimes.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I have met many cops in my life. Some have been good and some have been pretty bad. Been in handcuffs more than I have wanted but have also been let go when I should have gone to jail. In my entire life I have never called the cops nor have they ever helped me out in any situation. There is not any situation that I would get the cops involved in. Cops are not heavily trained and there isn't very demanding requirements to become one. I would rather handle the situation myself and protect my own house and family.

"but have also been let go when I should have gone to jail." and "I have never called the cops nor have they ever helped me out in any situation."

Hu??? Maybe you should be back and have them re-arrest you and have them lock you up...

Johnny Vegas
11-13-2010, 02:16 PM
I just find it hard to justify the shooting when the Deputy gave command once waited 3 seconds to decide it was time to lethally shoot the man.

Nirvana58
11-13-2010, 02:25 PM
"but have also been let go when I should have gone to jail." and "I have never called the cops nor have they ever helped me out in any situation."

Hu??? Maybe you should be back and have them re-arrest you and have them lock you up...

I don't see your point. If the cop wasn't there I wouldn't have been in handcuffs in the first place. Just because a cop didn't take me to jail when they could of doesn't mean they helped me out of a situation.

jd1020
11-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I just find it hard to justify the shooting when the Deputy gave command once waited 3 seconds to decide it was time to lethally shoot the man.

What the hell video were you watching? I heard "Get your hands up!" atleast 4 times and "Drop it!" 2 times then he shot twice immediately after saying "Drop it!" a second time.

jd1020
11-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't see your point. If the cop wasn't there I wouldn't have been in handcuffs in the first place. Just because a cop didn't take me to jail when they could of doesn't mean they helped me out of a situation.

Not sending you to jail isnt helping you out of a situation or giving you a second chance? You are a moron.

CoMoChief
11-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Here's what I think after watching the video:

1. 1:54 mark Bodden's smoking his cig while the newbie cop points and tells him not to move like he has something in his pocket.

2. 1:58 you can see his hand that was in his pocket. He didn't have anything (from what I could see) in his hand. If it was a weapon you would have been able to see it. Something like a lighter could have been hard to see because you can hide that in his hand, but not a gun or something else of that nature. Being that they were right there, I don't see how either officer could have made the assumption that he had a gun on him. He was there smoking a cig at the time. That's terrible terrible poor judgement.

That officer needs to have charges filed against him....plain and simple.

Part of being an officer is knowing SOP and having some sort of intelligent discretion in order to make good decisions. This cop in no way had any of that.

Smed1065
11-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh well, people make choices... I'll bet for a fleeting moment (before he died) the man (a criminal evidently) regretted his decision to take illegal drugs.

Oh, were you expecting people to feel sorry for the crook? Sorry, I don't. I'll bet the man's parents are glowing with pride for the choices their seed made...

Guess you never broke a law or made dumb decisions in your life?

Oh and you are alive?

jd1020
11-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Here's what I think after watching the video:

1. 1:54 mark Bodden's smoking his cig while the newbie cop points and tells him not to move like he has something in his pocket.

2. 1:58 you can see his hand that was in his pocket. He didn't have anything (from what I could see) in his hand. If it was a weapon you would have been able to see it. Something like a lighter could have been hard to see because you can hide that in his hand, but not a gun or something else of that nature. Being that they were right there, I don't see how either officer could have made the assumption that he had a gun on him. He was there smoking a cig at the time. That's terrible terrible poor judgement.

That officer needs to have charges filed against him....plain and simple.

Part of being an officer is knowing SOP and having some sort of intelligent discretion in order to make good decisions. This cop in no way had any of that.

What was he doing with his right hand? You cant see it so I dont think anyone but the eye witnesses can pass any judgement.

CoMoChief
11-13-2010, 02:41 PM
What the hell video were you watching? I heard "Get your hands up!" atleast 4 times and "Drop it!" 2 times then he shot twice immediately after saying "Drop it!" a second time.

That "it" wasn't a weapon or anything else that would be considered a threat.

The shooting was not justifiable by ANY means at all. That cop had poor judgement and that newbie's nerves were probably off the charts considering it was his 1st/2nd day at the job.

jd1020
11-13-2010, 02:47 PM
That "it" wasn't a weapon or anything else that would be considered a threat.

The shooting was not justifiable by ANY means at all. That cop had poor judgement and that newbie's nerves were probably off the charts considering it was his 1st/2nd day at the job.

You people have some pretty ass backwards thinking. The guy was ignoring the officer. So he obviously had something to hide. He was spotted rifling through his pocket and told repeatedly to get his hands up. Then you hear "Drop it!" and he obviously didnt comply with that either so the officer took matters into his own hand on the assumption that his life and the kids life, who was riding along, was in danger.

It's not hard to "Get your hands up." He'd still be alive if he left his tough guy "I dont have to listen to you" attitude at the door.

You cant sit here and say it was justified or not to shoot him. You can only see half of him when all hell broke loose.

Nirvana58
11-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Not sending you to jail isnt helping you out of a situation or giving you a second chance? You are a moron.

Lol second chance. You act like the cop did me some great favor not taking me to jail. The point was I have never been in a position where I needed help and a cop came to my rescue. Some laws are meant to be broken, and most people have committed acts they could or should have gone to jail for. But thank god that cop was there, he didn't take me to jail even though he could have. :rolleyes:

CoMoChief
11-13-2010, 02:51 PM
What was he doing with his right hand? You cant see it so I dont think anyone but the eye witnesses can pass any judgement.

we wasn't pulling out a weapon i can tell you that much at least....or once against.

when you have cops that are strung out and wired that much and are trigger happy, add that to the fact he has a 2nd day rookie with him that probably doesn't know a bad situation from his own asshole, THAT presents a problem.

Can anyone here make an argument as to why shots were fired? Because I can see in the video there were no weapons nor did he grab for one. Maximize the video screen and you can get a clear look at what happened.

jd1020
11-13-2010, 02:52 PM
You can tell me he wasnt pulling out a weapon because you were there? He obviously didnt have one because of the facts afterwards. But you are stupid to believe you know what someone is or isnt doing before they do it.

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 02:55 PM

There's an enormous amount of truth to this.

Well by all means, officers should be able to use their psychic ability to see a person's intent prior to them not following directions and making sudden movements. If you think a cop that's afraid of you is the worse thing, then wonder about being on a highway alone with 5 guys that decide they can take you, and kill you for no other reason than you are a police officer.

You people have some pretty ass backwards thinking. The guy was ignoring the officer. So he obviously had some thing hide. He was spotted rifling through his pocket and told repeatedly to get his hands up. Then you hear "Drop it!" and he obviously didnt comply with that either so the officer took matters into his own hand on the assumption that his life and the kids life, who was riding along, was in danger.

It's not hard to "Get your hands up."

You cant sit here and say it was justified or not to shoot him. You can only see half of him when all hell broke loose.

they know everything.

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 02:58 PM
we wasn't pulling out a weapon i can tell you that much at least....or once against.

when you have cops that are strung out and wired that much and are trigger happy, add that to the fact he has a 2nd day rookie with him that probably doesn't know a bad situation from his own asshole, THAT presents a problem.

Can anyone here make an argument as to why shots were fired? Because I can see in the video there were no weapons nor did he grab for one. Maximize the video screen and you can get a clear look at what happened.

no, but if Ray had complied and not made sudden movements, I bet you Ray would still be alive, it really is that simple. It's all a tragic situation, but you don't know what you would do if you were standing there, and you can't see from the video what it looked like.

CoMoChief
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
You people have some pretty ass backwards thinking. The guy was ignoring the officer. So he obviously had something to hide. He was spotted rifling through his pocket and told repeatedly to get his hands up. Then you hear "Drop it!" and he obviously didnt comply with that either so the officer took matters into his own hand on the assumption that his life and the kids life, who was riding along, was in danger.

It's not hard to "Get your hands up." He'd still be alive if he left his tough guy "I dont have to listen to you" attitude at the door.

Ah got it....ignoring an officer means you're hiding something and you need to shoot someone.

-King-
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
You can tell me he wasnt pulling out a weapon because you were there? He obviously didnt have one because of the facts afterwards. But you are stupid to believe you know what someone is or isnt doing before they do it.

A cop cant distinguish between a gun and a sack of weed? He doesn't need to be a fucking cop then.

And whats to stop a regular person from shooting someone else just because "they looked like they were pulling a gun out" ?

jd1020
11-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Ah got it....ignoring an officer means you're hiding something and you need to shoot someone.

Yawn. You are such an ignorant pig hater. No one can do any wrong except for the person with the badge. Nothing ever gets out of hand when the suspect doesnt comply.

-King-
11-13-2010, 03:02 PM
no, but if Ray had complied and not made sudden movements, I bet you Ray would still be alive, it really is that simple. It's all a tragic situation, but you don't know what you would do if you were standing there, and you can't see from the video what it looked like.

WTF? If a cop gets trigger happy because of a few sudden movements, then why is he a cop?

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Guess you never broke a law or made dumb decisions in your life?

Oh and you are alive?

LOL. Sure. But not illegal drugs. And the part where we want to feel sorry for them just isn't going to fly with me. You play with fire, you get burned. Ooooops. Heck, if we started shooting meth-makers and takers, we might not have as much of a problem... I just don't see what makes somebody either make or do them. If they legalize them, go for it, but until then, don't cry if you get shot doing them...

jd1020
11-13-2010, 03:03 PM
A cop cant distinguish between a gun and a sack of weed? He doesn't need to be a ****ing cop then.

And whats to stop a regular person from shooting someone else just because "they looked like they were pulling a gun out" ?

Did you people even read the article? The cop made a statement that he saw Bodden with a silver object in his hand and thought that his ride alongs life was in jeopardy.

"Mr. Bodden appeared nervous and uneasy, and then began to raise his hand with the silver object still in it," reads the final report from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "Deputy Cole stated he believed Mr. Bodden was raising a gun to shoot Mr. Bright."

Pulled it out of the article for the people who cant read.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Lol second chance. You act like the cop did me some great favor not taking me to jail. The point was I have never been in a position where I needed help and a cop came to my rescue. Some laws are meant to be broken, and most people have committed acts they could or should have gone to jail for. But thank god that cop was there, he didn't take me to jail even though he could have. :rolleyes:

"Some laws are meant to be broken"

Really? What a dork! And some people were meant to be shot! ROFL

-King-
11-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Did you people even read the article? The cop made a statement that he saw Bodden with a silver object in his hand and thought that his ride alongs life was in jeopardy.

Once again....he can't distinguish between a gun and a bag of weed? Do you know how many things are silver? So of all the silver things in the world, he thinks that the object was a gun? A silver gun? Really? He thought a bag of weed was a gun? I've seen a million bags in my life, none of them have EVER looked like guns no matter what color they were. And how big would a sack of weed have to be to look like a gun?

-King-
11-13-2010, 03:07 PM
LOL. Sure. But not illegal drugs. And the part where we want to feel sorry for them just isn't going to fly with me. You play with fire, you get burned. Ooooops. Heck, if we started shooting meth-makers and takers, we might not have as much of a problem... I just don't see what makes somebody either make or do them. If they legalize them, go for it, but until then, don't cry if you get shot doing them...

So it's okay to get shot for having weed? Well...ok.

Nirvana58
11-13-2010, 03:07 PM

Lol It was fucking pot. Comparing someone doing meth and marijuana is a joke.

jd1020
11-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Once again....he can't distinguish between a gun and a bag of weed? Do you know how many things are silver? So of all the silver things in the world, he thinks that the object was a gun? A silver gun? Really? He thought a bag of weed was a gun? I've seen a million bags in my life, none of them have EVER looked like guns no matter what color they were. And how big would a sack of weed have to be to look like a gun?

Bottom line... He was told to drop it and instead he raised it towards the ride along which equals 2 holes in the chest.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:11 PM
So it's okay to get shot for having weed? Well...ok.

Sure, why not. And his own actions let to the actual shooting. If he stops, if he puts his hands in the air, he'd still be breathing. But because he didn't he got shot. Good for the tax payers... Still think you're going to make me feel sorry for this crook? Keep trying...

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Lol It was ****ing pot. Comparing someone doing meth and marijuana is a joke.

Whatever, he's still push daiseys today - for POT!!!! Where's his grave, I'll go pee on it...

Nirvana58
11-13-2010, 03:13 PM
"Some laws are meant to be broken"

Really? What a dork! And some people were meant to be shot! ROFL

Lol really... Seriously what kind of sheltered life do you live. You honestly agree with every law out theere. :shake: There is a law in my hometown that people can't hang clothes outside after 6pm. Guess we should take those fuckers to jail. What about those freshmen in college that are just turning 19 and go out drikning. They are underage lets hike all those fuckers off to jail. Or those stoners sitting at there house smoking pot and killing a bag of doritos. We should just ship them all off with the murderers and rapist.

Baconeater
11-13-2010, 03:14 PM
The ignorance in this thread is mind-boggling.

jd1020
11-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Lol really... Seriously what kind of sheltered life do you live. You honestly agree with every law out theere. :shake: There is a law in my hometown that people can't hang clothes outside after 6pm. Guess we should take those ****ers to jail. What about those freshmen in college that are just turning 19 and go out drikning. They are underage lets hike all those ****ers off to jail. Or those stoners sitting at there house smoking pot and killing a bag of doritos. We should just ship them all off with the murderers and rapist.

Your first example made a good argument but then you lost all accountability with the alcohol and weed. Good job.

Nirvana58
11-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Your first example made a good argument but then you lost all accountability with the alcohol and weed. Good job.

The alchohol age is a joke. If you are old enough to die for your country you are old enough to buy beer. Plus I am smoking a joint right now. So I had to mention weed somewhere in my argument. :D

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 03:27 PM
hindsight is always 20/20.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Florida can just sink in to the fucking sea.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-13-2010, 03:33 PM
The retarded is incredibly strong in this thread.

Pablo
11-13-2010, 03:37 PM

Oh, were you expecting people to feel sorry for the crook? Sorry, I don't. I'll bet the man's parents are glowing with pride for the choices their seed made...Yeah, man.

Buy a bag of grass, get blown away.

Steal a loaf of bread, get both of your hands cut off.

WTF are you, retarded?

Johnny Vegas
11-13-2010, 03:41 PM

"Mr. Bodden appeared nervous and uneasy, and then began to raise his hand with the silver object still in it," reads the final report from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "Deputy Cole stated he believed Mr. Bodden was raising a gun to shoot Mr. Bright."

Pulled it out of the article for the people who cant read.

its completely the Deputy's responsibility to know when to fire a weapon when there's actually a threat. There is hard evidence of other cops with cooler heads not pulling the trigger on someone pointing a cell phone at them wanting to get shot. This Deputy clearly was too quick to make the decision the man needed to be shot. A taser can disable a man and I would have justified a taser being used in this situation. There are plenty of video's of officers using tasers to disable suspects with guns drawn. If the man died from being tased I'd feel bad for the Deputy. Its just not the case. There shouldn't have been any shots fired in this case. Confirm theres a weapon first. So if any ride along could claim someone has a weapon then it justifies a quick reaction to and kill? I say no more ride alongs are allowed outside the cruiser during stops. The ride along I believe got them in the situation that unfolded. If the ride along wasn't there I'm sure the Deputy would've kept his gun in his holster.

Brock
11-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Another moron cop thread, another bunch of morons bending over backwards to excuse moron cops.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Lol really... Seriously what kind of sheltered life do you live. You honestly agree with every law out theere. :shake: There is a law in my hometown that people can't hang clothes outside after 6pm. Guess we should take those ****ers to jail. What about those freshmen in college that are just turning 19 and go out drikning. They are underage lets hike all those ****ers off to jail. Or those stoners sitting at there house smoking pot and killing a bag of doritos. We should just ship them all off with the murderers and rapist.

Who hangs their clothes out unless they're camping?? Perhaps they need to be taken to jail for being a failure and not having a dryer. If you drink at 19, don't whine about getting busted! nd if you don't listen to the cop during the process, you might get shot. I think if everybody treated each situation with a cop like the cop is dirty Harry, there'd be a lot more respect shown. What gives anybody the right to back-talk a cop?

But the bigger point is that we've all made mistakes, and we've paid for them. And had this m0r0n listened to the cop right away, he'd be breathing today. because he thought he could F with a cop, he's dead, and nothing's going to happen to the cop. See, there are some things in this world that are still working... I'm happy the cop is alive and will live on, perhaps to rid our streets of even more crooks...

Pablo
11-13-2010, 03:44 PM
LMAO

I still can't get over GloryDouchez criminal post.

I suppose if he had a couple of drinks after work and blew a .09 the cop has the right to shoot him fucking dead. We wouldn't feel sorry for him either; because well, he was a criminal.

Put your finger to your nose.

*Raises hand much too slowly*

BAM! BAM!

FOLLOW DIRECTIONS MOTHERFUCKER.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:44 PM
The alchohol age is a joke. If you are old enough to die for your country you are old enough to buy beer. Plus I am smoking a joint right now. So I had to mention weed somewhere in my argument. :D

"Plus I am smoking a joint right now" :spock:

You didn't need to tell us, we knew!! ROFL :bang:

Brock
11-13-2010, 03:45 PM
What gives anybody the right to back-talk a cop?

What are you, a fucking sheep?

Pablo
11-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Who hangs their clothes out unless they're camping?? Perhaps they need to be taken to jail for being a failure and not having a dryer. If you drink at 19, don't whine about getting busted! nd if you don't listen to the cop during the process, you might get shot. I think if everybody treated each situation with a cop like the cop is dirty Harry, there'd be a lot more respect shown. What gives anybody the right to back-talk a cop?

But the bigger point is that we've all made mistakes, and we've paid for them. And had this m0r0n listened to the cop right away, he'd be breathing today. because he thought he could F with a cop, he's dead, and nothing's going to happen to the cop. See, there are some things in this world that are still working... I'm happy the cop is alive and will live on, perhaps to rid our streets of even more crooks...Good Lord; please tell me you didn't father any offspring.

Pablo
11-13-2010, 03:46 PM
What are you, a fucking sheep?Well, he wears Chiefs "dress-shirts" and defends a fuck-off police officer, so I will say the answer is yes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Glory is truly shining like a beacon of justice in this thread...

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah, man.

Buy a bag of grass, get blown away.

Steal a loaf of bread, get both of your hands cut off.

WTF are you, retarded?

No, but you are if you cry about it. ROFL

Brock
11-13-2010, 03:48 PM
The cop pulls GloryDayz over and he immediately goes into foot-shufflin' porter mode: Yassuh, boss! Nossuh, boss! Please don't shoot me fo' no backtalk, boss!

Pablo
11-13-2010, 03:49 PM
No, but you are if you cry about it. ROFLYou're either 14 years old or 60+.

I can't tell yet.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Well, he wears Chiefs "dress-shirts" and defends a ****-off police officer, so I will say the answer is yes.

From a roofer.. Nice!

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:50 PM
You're either 14 years old or 60+.

I can't tell yet.

From a 12 year old.. LOL!!

Pablo
11-13-2010, 03:50 PM
The cop pulls GloryDayz over and he immediately goes into foot-shufflin' porter mode: Yassuh, boss! Nossuh, boss! Please don't shoot me fo' no backtalk, boss!Officer, can I suck your cock please?

I mean, I know you guys work hard, and with all the long hours and such I imagine your wife just doesn't blow you enough. I'd be more than willing to help you out, you ambassador of good will. Police are the fucking best!!!

*Gurgle gurgle*

Pablo
11-13-2010, 03:51 PM
From a roofer.. Nice!I can't imagine you hold a job of any importance in society. You're just too fucking dense to actually serve a purpose in a work environment.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:53 PM
I can't imagine you hold a job of any importance in society. You're just too ****ing dense to actually serve a purpose in a work environment.

Keep hammering boy, one day you'll be able to afford your own hammer...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Officer, can I suck your cock please?

I mean, I know you guys work hard, and with all the long hours and such I imagine your wife just doesn't blow you enough. I'd be more than willing to help you out, you ambassador of good will. Police are the fucking best!!!

*Gurgle gurgle*

ROFL

"Here I saved you a post-blow donut, too sir"!

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 03:54 PM
The retarded is incredibly strong in this thread.

It took a dive deeper into the retard abyss since this

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:55 PM
And the guy is still dead for not listening to orders... ROFL

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Officer, can I suck your cock please?

I mean, I know you guys work hard, and with all the long hours and such I imagine your wife just doesn't blow you enough. I'd be more than willing to help you out, you ambassador of good will. Police are the ****ing best!!!

*Gurgle gurgle*

You sound like you get pulled over a lot, you've got it down to an art... And they still give you the ticket after you blow them!! ROFL

CoMoChief
11-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Another moron cop thread, another bunch of morons bending over backwards to excuse moron cops.

ROFL

no shit man.

Pablo
11-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Ok, let's see...you were doing five over the posted limit. That's pretty dangerous, and definitely criminal.

Yep, we're gonna need you to step out of the car. Do the macarena right fucking now.

"But officer, I don't know know how to macarena".

Can't follow instructions, eh? BAM BAM

Pitt Gorilla
11-13-2010, 04:03 PM
ROFL

no shit man.Brock hit the nail on the head.

Bwana
11-13-2010, 04:34 PM

Bingo

BryanBusby
11-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh CP, please continue white knighting this cop.

Isn't this situation exactly what tazers were made for?

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh CP, please continue white knighting this cop.

Isn't this situation exactly what tazers were made for?

yes, point of fact it is.

-King-
11-13-2010, 05:01 PM
After a while, I'm starting to come around. GloryDayz is right. The guy had fucking weed on him. WEED! AN ILLEGAL PLANT! If he had weed on him, its obvious that he had an AK47 with him and that he was a hardcore drug user and seller. I bet he just got done raping and murdering also. Seeing as how he was already in possession of an illegal drug, it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't doing more illegal stuff than that. Shit, he was probably an informant to the taliban.

You guys are too easy on people who smoke weed. The cop did the right thing. He got this criminal off the streets and for that, our world is a safer place.

-King-
11-13-2010, 05:02 PM

The cop doesn't need any excuses. He was justified in shooting the guy. Haven't you seen those new weed sacks that look exactly like guns?

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 05:21 PM
After a while, I'm starting to come around. GloryDayz is right. The guy had ****ing weed on him. WEED! AN ILLEGAL PLANT! If he had weed on him, its obvious that he had an AK47 with him and that he was a hardcore drug user and seller. I bet he just got done raping and murdering also. Seeing as how he was already in possession of an illegal drug, it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't doing more illegal stuff than that. Shit, he was probably an informant to the taliban.

You guys are too easy on people who smoke weed. The cop did the right thing. He got this criminal off the streets and for that, our world is a safer place.

Well let's just agree that he's a crook, makes bad choices, puts himself in bad situations with the law, doesn't listen, and might want to yell, "it's only weed" next time. Oh, there won't be a next time for him...

ROFL

-King-
11-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Well let's just agree that he's a crook, makes bad choices, puts himself in bad situations with the law, doesn't listen, and might want to yell, "it's only weed" next time. Oh, there won't be a next time for him...

ROFL

And lets also agree that a cop should know the difference between a weed sack and a fucking gun.

Nirvana58
11-13-2010, 05:31 PM
After a while, I'm starting to come around. GloryDayz is right. The guy had ****ing weed on him. WEED! AN ILLEGAL PLANT! If he had weed on him, its obvious that he had an AK47 with him and that he was a hardcore drug user and seller. I bet he just got done raping and murdering also. Seeing as how he was already in possession of an illegal drug, it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't doing more illegal stuff than that. Shit, he was probably an informant to the taliban.

Exactly... The government made weed illegal so it must be evil. Since we all know how perfectly our goverment is ran. They must be all knowing and should tell us how to live our lives. We will just follow blindly like sheep to their eternal greatness :evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Exactly... The government made weed illegal so it must be evil. Since we all know how perfectly our goverment is ran. They must be all knowing and should tell us how to live our lives. We will just follow blindly like sheep to their eternal greatness :evil:

This.

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 05:36 PM
And lets also agree that a cop should know the difference between a weed sack and a ****ing gun.

I'd rather agree that it's pretty stupid to act a idiot in front of anyone with a gun, regardless if they have a badge or not.

Brock
11-13-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd rather agree that it's pretty stupid to act a idiot in front of anyone with a gun, regardless if they have a badge or not.

Especially if that someone with a gun happens to be a mongoloid with a badge.

Phobia
11-13-2010, 05:38 PM
This isn't really about weed. It's about a guy who made a threatening movement and didn't follow simple orders from a guy who held his life in his trigger finger. If you have a gun on you it's wise to follow the orders being given whether it's a cop or a hoodlum doing the talking. That's a little lesson in common sense courtesy of Phobia. You're very welcome.

Johnny Vegas
11-13-2010, 05:38 PM

ROFL

first of all its a misdemeanor for 20 grams or less of marijuana in Florida. 2nd its obvious he had less than 20 grams or he wouldn't be able to conceal it in his pocket or hand. 3rd he was shot twice before he could "drop it" as demanded by the deputy. If he ran then I can justify his crookedness, but he fuckin stood there turned to look behind him and was shot. In the heat of the moment I'm sure he was telling the ride along its just a bag of weed as the cop was yelling at him to get on the ground get on the ground and drop it BANG BANG drop it. To laugh over a mans death that could've been avoided is fuckin disgusting. Especially now the facts are there was no weapon and the ride along's jumpiness got the man shot.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 05:53 PM
And lets also agree that a cop should know the difference between a weed sack and a ****ing gun.

I'm sure he did, but the doode was already on his way to his maker by the time anybody but dead-doode knew. I wonder what might have happened had he stopped, stood still, and raised his hands? IDK, perhaps his proud dad might have posted bail by now. Choices...

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 05:54 PM

This... :clap:

Johnny Vegas
11-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm sure he did, but the doode was already on his way to his maker by the time anybody but dead-doode knew. I wonder what might have happened had he stopped, stood still, and raised his hands? IDK, perhaps his proud dad might have posted bail by now. Choices...

or the fact if it was a different cop or without a ride along the man would still be alive.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 05:57 PM
first of all its a misdemeanor for 20 grams or less of marijuana in Florida. 2nd its obvious he had less than 20 grams or he wouldn't be able to conceal it in his pocket or hand. 3rd he was shot twice before he could "drop it" as demanded by the deputy. If he ran then I can justify his crookedness, but he ****in stood there turned to look behind him and was shot. In the heat of the moment I'm sure he was telling the ride along its just a bag of weed as the cop was yelling at him to get on the ground get on the ground and drop it BANG BANG drop it. To laugh over a mans death that could've been avoided is ****in disgusting. Especially now the facts are there was no weapon and the ride along's jumpiness got the man shot.

OK, I'm sorry...

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 05:59 PM
or the fact if it was a different cop without a ride along the man would still be alive.

Oh that's it, blame the ride along! Did the ride along get slapped off camera or something

Nirvana58
11-13-2010, 05:59 PM
or the fact if it was a different cop without a ride along the man would still be alive.

I think the ride along jumping around and pointing at the guy got the man shot. The cop kind of freaked out and started shooting. He probably should of said that he thought he was pulling a knife instead of a gun though. (more believable)

Johnny Vegas
11-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh that's it, blame the ride along! Did the ride along get slapped off camera or something

he was the guy in the t shirt holding the flash light walking towards the guy. Once the ride along was in arms reach of the guy I'm sure the cop was on complete edge. If they just kept the ride along in the cruiser I'm sure the tick tock cop would've found the bag of weed without incident.

BryanBusby
11-13-2010, 06:28 PM
This isn't really about weed. It's about a guy who made a threatening movement and didn't follow simple orders from a guy who held his life in his trigger finger. If you have a gun on you it's wise to follow the orders being given whether it's a cop or a hoodlum doing the talking. That's a little lesson in common sense courtesy of Phobia. You're very welcome.

It's about using a gun to kill a suspect when the issue could of been resolved without ever having to use a gun.

Phobia
11-13-2010, 06:57 PM
It's about using a gun to kill a suspect when the issue could of been resolved without ever having to use a gun.

Well, yeah - I said that 50 responses ago too. There is a string of circumstances which lead to the man's demise, all equally unfortunate. Was it a warranted shooting? I don't know. Do we have all the information? Probably not.

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 07:06 PM

The officer was cleared. It was reviewed, and just becaue the pot-smoking "Dad's" daughter is all full of tears over the stoner "Dad", you think it was sinister. Yeah, guns kill, always have and always will, so respect the people who have them. Especially when you DON'T HAVE ONE. It's a good way to stay alive. Now, had the department said he was wrong, i'd be right there with you (maybe), but he was cleared. What's next, you going to pile on the military for every accusation of friendly fire deaths? You've never been there, so don't pretend to know how fast a second is..

teedubya
11-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Most cops are complete dumbasses, from my experience. They are either people with limited amount of college or none at all... or former grunts from various military branches.

The limited amount of intelligence that most cops possess is mind-numbing.

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Especially if that someone with a gun happens to be a mongoloid internet troll.

fyp

Most cops are complete dumbasses, from my experience. They are either people with limited amount of college or none at all... or former grunts from various military branches.

I'll take it one further, smaller departments in rural areas, this is probably very true. larger areas require differing amounts of college, it's been in my experience anyway. but the limited amount of police intelligence compared to most criminals, well; where does that rate in your mind-numbing ratio?

GloryDayz
11-13-2010, 07:32 PM

Wow, in one post you've managed to diss both cops and the people in the military. Welcome to the board Barak...

teedubya
11-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Wow, in one post you've managed to diss both cops and the people in the military. Welcome to the board Barak...

Boom goes the dynamite.

I was in the military... I scored in the 98% on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery... scored in the 99% on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery Test... maybe my perception is skewed.

But most people I met in the military, and I was at a base with 5 branches, Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines & Coast Guard... and most of them are complete mouth breathers.

Most cops are not much different. I commend them on their bravery, but not their intelligence.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2010, 07:43 PM

Boom goes the dynamite.

I was in the military... I scored in the 98% on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery... scored in the 99% on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery Test... maybe my perception is skewed.

But most people I met in the military, and I was at a base with 5 branches, Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines & Coast Guard... and most of them are complete mouth breathers.

Most cops are not much different. I commend them on their bravery, but not their intelligence.

Pwned = Glory.

crazycoffey
11-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Boom goes the dynamite.

gotta love america and the ability to have differences of opinions, that's for sure. I still have to respectfully disagree with the word you used "most". Most is a large amount, while I feel free to let it be used with the military in general, I don't think it crosses over to "most" in law enforcement.

teedubya
11-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Pwned = Glory.

There is no ownage at all. Most military people are in the military because they can't go to college. I went in as a Spanish Linguist... they put me in Arabic... and then into Russian. Then, when I had a chance, I got the **** out.

At age 18 going in the Army, I had no idea of the rampant retardation... or I certainly would have gone straight to college. The GI Bill coin for the University of Kansas was nice, though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2010, 07:58 PM
There is no ownage at all. Most military people are in the military because they can't go to college. I went because in as a Spanish Linguist... they put me in Arabic... and then into Russian. Then, when I had a chance, I got the fuck out.

At age 18 going in the Army, I had no idea of the rampant retardation... or I certainly would have gone straight to college. The GI Bill coin for the University of Kansas was nice, though.

Well, I appreciate your service, understand your point of view, and nonetheless thank you for pwning Glory. :evil:

CoMoChief
11-13-2010, 08:41 PM

While I agree with most of this I'm having a really hard time trying to see where this threatening movement was?

Anyone can see in the video that whatever he had in his hand wasn't a gun. Bottom line is there was no reason for a gun to go off. A tazer or a club would be the next step in this situation given what his actions were, not a gun.

BryanBusby
11-13-2010, 09:03 PM
The officer was cleared. It was reviewed, and just becaue the pot-smoking "Dad's" daughter is all full of tears over the stoner "Dad", you think it was sinister. Yeah, guns kill, always have and always will, so respect the people who have them. Especially when you DON'T HAVE ONE. It's a good way to stay alive. Now, had the department said he was wrong, i'd be right there with you (maybe), but he was cleared. What's next, you going to pile on the military for every accusation of friendly fire deaths? You've never been there, so don't pretend to know how fast a second is..

You're a ****ing tard.

"Whelp department said it was cool so the burn out stoner deserved what he got! Yeah, in the mother****ing face bitch in the mother****ing face!"

If they're just going to shoot and kill people that make them uneasy, what's the point of using taxpayer money to equip them with tazers? Taxpayers also likely paid for that officer to be trained to understand when to use a tazer and to use a gun. I know about as much as you do in this situation, but from what I have read/seen....a gun was not necessary. A lethal use of it, absolutely not.

Trying to throw in a military accident is also ridiculous as this was no accident. Keep white knighting though!

Phobia
11-13-2010, 09:24 PM
While I agree with most of this I'm having a really hard time trying to see where this threatening movement was?

Anyone can see in the video that whatever he had in his hand wasn't a gun. Bottom line is there was no reason for a gun to go off. A tazer or a club would be the next step in this situation given what his actions were, not a gun.

By your definition and mine - sure. But by PD definition, when somebody goes into their pocket, a jacket, or under the seat after being instructed to put their hands up cops have to assume they're going for a weapon or these stories are about dead cops rather than dead douchebags.

Have you seen videos of cops getting shot by seemingly harmless suspects because the cop wasn't paying attention or following standard procedure? My first inclination is to believe itchy triggerfinger while watching this video but then I hearken back to the dash videos I've seen of shot cops.

Phobia
11-13-2010, 09:28 PM
The funniest part about this entire story is the mother claiming, "My son didn't use marijuana as far as I knew. He never used it around me." Errr, yeah, because most users of drugs use around their momma. Good grief.

GloryDayz
11-14-2010, 02:09 PM
The funniest part about this entire story is the mother claiming, "My son didn't use marijuana as far as I knew. He never used it around me." Errr, yeah, because most users of drugs use around their momma. Good grief.

That, and the people thinking it was the pot that got him shot (that was found later) and not the sudden move. It's easy, look, a cat can do it...

http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/Funny_Pictures_General_Stickem_Up.jpg

Bane
11-14-2010, 02:26 PM
That, and the people thinking it was the pot that got him shot (that was found later) and not the sudden move. It's easy, look, a cat can do it...

JFC,LMAO

Johnny Vegas
11-14-2010, 02:32 PM

no its the fact that a bag of pot was considered a weapon and the ride along and cop couldn't tell the difference. It was the sudden move of the gun instead a taser.

GloryDayz
11-14-2010, 02:41 PM
no its the fact that a bag of pot was considered a weapon and the ride along and cop couldn't tell the difference. It was the sudden move of the gun instead a taser.

Well all can tell you is the cat is still alive, so keeping its paws up was pretty smart... LMAO