PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tebow vs Newton

Mr. Laz
11-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Tim Tebow vs Cam Newton ... who would you prefer for an NFL team?

-King-
11-13-2010, 04:56 PM
How are they comparable? One can pass, one cant.

Shogun
11-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Personally I like Newton more, I love his type of style, its not for anybody.I could see the Bills taking a QB like Newton and doing well for them.

WebGem
11-13-2010, 05:02 PM
This is not even debatable.

Fritz88
11-13-2010, 05:02 PM
I chose Teblow.

He has God on his side. Fuck your votes.

WebGem
11-13-2010, 05:06 PM
I chose Teblow.

He has God on his side. **** your votes.

k josh

Chiefnj2
11-13-2010, 05:12 PM
the only area where Tebow would get the edge is character. Athleticism, arm strength, throwing motion, accuracy - all favor Newton.

LaChapelle
11-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Nobody gives a fig about Newton but maybe Herm

Reaper16
11-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I hate both players equally as human beings. No, scratch that. I hate Cam Newton more.

Bowser
11-13-2010, 05:16 PM
I hate both players equally as human beings. No, scratch that. I hate Cam Newton more.

You've really embraced the Alabama thing.....

KCrockaholic
11-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Newton.

I don't like either, but Tebow is a joke. But he can be a motivational speaker when the NFL thing doesn't work out.

-King-
11-13-2010, 06:36 PM

Why?

Hog Farmer
11-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Tebow is God !

NewChief
11-13-2010, 08:53 PM

No doubt. At this rate he will soon be waxing poetic over bud light om beer advocate and eating at Long John Silver's on a regular basis.

Zaiko
11-13-2010, 08:55 PM
BIG TIM TEBOW

Bowser
11-13-2010, 08:58 PM
No doubt. At this rate he will soon be waxing poetic over bud light om beer advocate and eating at Long John Silver's on a regular basis.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TcxpbhM0DaA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TcxpbhM0DaA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Chiefs Pantalones
11-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Newton. He's black so his athletic ability is far more superior to Tebow's. Both of their throwing is pretty much the same.

Reaper16
11-13-2010, 09:38 PM

Why?
Because he's a psychopath. He is always smiling and he's a laptop thief and he's ruined his amateur status before playing a down with Auburn and, today, in the 4th quarter against Georgia, he was laying down on the ground motionless after being tackled, so as to let people think he was hurt, despite being not hurt at all, and he did this for three straight plays and seriously, fuck Cam Newton to death.

I haven't even seen a Long John Silver's in Tuscaloosa. Though I have NEVER been above eating at a Long John Silver's. I would pay lots of money to have LJS teleported into my hands at this very moment.

Reerun_KC
11-13-2010, 09:55 PM

ROFL

Chiefshrink
11-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Comparing apples to oranges. Newton has the elusiveness of Vince Young and the gun strength of Russell, whether he has NFL accuracy and NFL intelligence is a whole another argument. Tebow is somewhat elusive but nothing like Newton. Tebow does have NFL arm strength but no NFL accuracy at this point. And like Newton it remains to be seen if Tebow can handle the load of NFL intelligence it takes to be a true NFL Field General. Here is one prediction I will make about Tebow in tomorrow's game is that Tebow will make his first NFL pass against the Chiefs.

Chiefshrink
11-13-2010, 10:26 PM
I want a 3rd option in this poll.

Demonpenz
11-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Comparing apples to oranges. Newton has the elusiveness of Vince Young and the gun strength of Russell, whether he has NFL accuracy and NFL intelligence is a whole another argument. Tebow is somewhat elusive but nothing like Newton. Tebow does have NFL arm strength but no NFL accuracy at this point. And like Newton it remains to be seen if Tebow can handle the load of NFL intelligence it takes to be a true NFL Field General. Here is one prediction I will make about Tebow in tomorrow's game is that Tebow will make his first NFL pass against the Chiefs.

Plaxico Burruss-like gun strength?

Chiefshrink
11-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Plaxico Burruss-like gun strength?

:clap: excellent demon!! Funny!

blazzin311
11-13-2010, 11:08 PM

I think you're pretty much spot on here actually. For the record I'd take Newton. Before all this eligibilty stuff started to come to the forefront with Newton I had heard that he was actually supposed to be a pretty smart guy, both on the field and in the classroom. The thing I like about Newton besides the athleticism and arm strength he possesses is the fact that unlike V. Young and Russell, he seems very accurate. I've seem him make some damn amazing throws this year. Several today as a matter of fact. Now I'm not saying that's going to make him a competent QB at the NFL level, the jury is still out on that. It's just something I've noticed thus far watching him play. Now at the same time there are a lot of good former college QBs that have had good arms and been accurate that just didn't pan out at the NFL level for one reason or another. Time is gonna have to tell on this one. As of right now though I'd take Newton in a heartbeat.

BigMeatballDave
11-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I hate both players equally as human beingsWhile I'm certainly no fan of Tebow, how on Earth could you hate Tebow as a human? Do you know him, personally? The media is why I didnt like him before, now its because he's a fucking donkey.

Bane
11-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Neither.They're both busts and end up drying cars at the local car wash.

Hog Farmer
11-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Tebow may have turned into a decent quarterback but unfortunately God gave him Josh McDaniels and now he's ruined forever.

Frankie
11-14-2010, 10:23 AM

Newton.

I don't like either, but Tebow is a joke. But he can be a motivational speaker when the NFL thing doesn't work out.

Just curious. If the recent stuff on Newton makes him drop to the later 1st would you want the Chiefs to pick him?

(This question is posed to every poster)

BigMeatballDave
11-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Just curious. If the recent stuff on Newton makes him drop to the later 1st would you want the Chiefs to pick him?

(This question is posed to every poster)I seriously doubt he would be a good NFL QB.

Reaper16
11-14-2010, 11:21 AM
While I'm certainly no fan of Tebow, how on Earth could you hate Tebow as a human? Do you know him, personally? The media is why I didnt like him before, now its because he's a fucking donkey.
He's a Bronco, right? Isn't that reason enough to hate him as a person?

blazzin311
11-14-2010, 12:01 PM

It certainly wouldn't upset me. I think what sets him apart from someone like V. Young who's much in the same mold is that he seems to be a pretty accurate passer as far as I can tell. He makes some damn nice NFL caliber type throws on a weekly basis it seems. Does that always translate to success at the next level no but he's got a lot of tools that could help him be a very good QB. I'm not so sure I'd want them to pass on some of the other first round QBs to take him in the first though. That would be of course assuming the Chiefs decide to take a QB with their first pick.

Frankie
11-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I seriously doubt he would be a good NFL QB.

I had not watched him until yesterday. He impressed the hell out of me. I was bothered though by the fact that almost all his snaps was from a spread and the only couple of times he lined up behind the center it was obvious run play calls. Never saw him drop back tom pass.

That said, encouraged by how another almost totally spread O QB (Bradford) is doing in the NFL, I think some team will grab him in the 1st. I wonder if other posters here think if it's a good idea for the Chiefs to do it.

KCrockaholic
11-14-2010, 12:52 PM

No.

Newton is not the type of person this team looks for anyways.

I want a pocket passer like Mallett or Luck. But Newton isn't the Pioli type player, and adding an attention whore like Newton would be the opposite of what the Chiefs preach.

Frankie
11-14-2010, 01:02 PM
It certainly wouldn't upset me. I think what sets him apart from someone like V. Young who's much in the same mold is that he seems to be a pretty accurate passer as far as I can tell. He makes some damn nice NFL caliber type throws on a weekly basis it seems. Does that always translate to success at the next level no but he's got a lot of tools that could help him be a very good QB. I'm not so sure I'd want them to pass on some of the other first round QBs to take him in the first though.
Again, judging only by yesterday's game, I'd be weary of his being strictly a spread QB. Another thing the Chiefs need to be careful about him is his history of off the field trouble. He stole a laptop in Florida. I want to know if that was just the immaturity of a young kid or is he wired for trouble. The stuff with his dad I chalk up to his dad's greed. I do hope that Cam Newton will not allow his dad make future decisions for him ala LJ.

That would be of course assuming the Chiefs decide to take a QB with their first pick.Yesterday's game almost makes me want A.J. Green over one of the available QBs in the 1st. I loved the way he ran his routs and caught a lot of balls away from his body the way Gonzo and FitzGerald catch. I think if we have Green and Bowe as 1 and 2 our passing game will be unstoppable even with Cassel tossing the ball.

KCrockaholic
11-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Yesterday's game almost makes me want A.J. Green over one of the available QBs in the 1st. I loved the way he ran his routs and caught a lot of balls away from his body the way Gonzo and FitzGerald catch. I think if we have Green and Bowe as 1 and 2 our passing game will be unstoppable even with Cassel tossing the ball.

My pick for the Chiefs at this point. Hopefully he falls to us. Extraordinary talent.

Frankie
11-14-2010, 01:04 PM
No.

Newton is not the type of person this team looks for anyways.

I want a pocket passer like Mallett or Luck. But Newton isn't the Pioli type player, and adding an attention whore like Newton would be the opposite of what the Chiefs preach.

Noted. I kind of agree, not knowing if his past penchant for trouble will follow him to the next level or not.

BigMeatballDave
11-14-2010, 01:05 PM
I had not watched him until yesterday. He impressed the hell out of me. I was bothered though by the fact that almost all his snaps was from a spread and the only couple of times he lined up behind the center it was obvious run play calls. Never saw him drop back tom pass.

That said, encouraged by how another almost totally spread O QB (Bradford) is doing in the NFL, I think some team will grab him in the 1st. I wonder if other posters here think if it's a good idea for the Chiefs to do it.Bradford and Newton are completely different QBs.