PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Williams won't start tomorrow.

Micjones
11-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Follow the jump for the story. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/13/broncos-d-j-williams-wont-start-no-longer-team-captain)

The Denver Broncos have released a statement expressing their displeasure at linebacker D.J. Williams’ Friday DUI arrest, saying he won’t be in the starting lineup on Sunday, is no longer a team captain, and has been fined as much as the CBA allows.

Brock
11-13-2010, 07:07 PM
May not start, but I bet he does play.

Bane
Who? Oh well,like it would matter.Fuck'em!

DaFace
Dude, there's a whole thread about this. Also, it doesn't say he won't play. It says he won't start.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-13-2010, 07:08 PM
May not start, but I bet he does play.
That's what I heard earlier, won't start but will play. :rolleyes:

Micjones
11-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Dude, there's a whole thread about this. Also, it doesn't say he won't play. It says he won't start.

There's a thread about his DUI.
Didn't see one about him not "starting" tomorrow.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Eh...don't you think the two events are related at all?

Bowser
11-13-2010, 07:46 PM
That McDaniels is a real hard ass disciplinarian.

BossChief
11-13-2010, 07:47 PM
The rest of the team gets to go out for icecream together DJ...NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU, WERE TRYING TO WIN A FUCKING GAME!!!

cabletech94
11-13-2010, 08:15 PM
heard this "williams" guy from this broncocos team won't start, fwiw.

Mojo Jojo
11-13-2010, 08:24 PM
And in that thread there was the update that he will sit out a quarter and then will play.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
etnickwright nick wright
#Chiefs promoting @SlickRick35 (Ricky Price) from practice squad doesn't speak well to the health of Lewis and McGraw

KCrockaholic
11-13-2010, 08:38 PM
etnickwright nick wright
#Chiefs promoting @SlickRick35 (Ricky Price) from practice squad doesn't speak well to the health of Lewis and McGraw

F'n Aye!

We need Lewis back. We have no one outside of Berry that even resembles a safety on this team with Lewis being out. McGraw is a good special teams guy, but he gets beat too often in coverage.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
etnickwright nick wright

Orton is gonna throw for 500 yards in ending our playoff hopes.

Pawnmower
11-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Orton is gonna throw for 500 yards in ending our playoff hopes.

Your vagina bruise easily?

They could have DJ williams play all 4 quarters and we will still win this game by 7 points!

FUCK THE BRONCOS

Ugly Duck
11-13-2010, 09:16 PM
5 of the 13 ESPN & CBS "Experts" pick the Broncos to beat KC. Thats not too bad... the entire Raider Nation will tune in & root for Denver - GO BRONCOS!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/week10

stevieray
11-13-2010, 09:21 PM
5 of the 13 ESPN & CBS "Experts" pick the Broncos to beat KC. Thats not too bad... the entire Raider Nation will tune in & root for Denver - GO BRONCOS!!

I don't have a very good feeling about this game..off their bye from getting embarrassed, a consecutive road game and btb division rivals for KC.

first few games, our second half adjustments were decent, the last few have been horrid.

Hoculi or Winters, we're toast.

Still, we should be able to run the ball, so I give us the edge.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-13-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't have a very good feeling about this game..off their bye from getting embarrassed, a consecutive road game and btb division rivals for KC.

first few games, our second half adjustments were decent, the last few have been horrid.

Hoculi or Winters, we're toast.

Still, we should be able to run the ball, so I give us the edge.

I have that feeling too. Hopefully we win. I want meaningful football these last eight games.

Rain Man
11-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I bet they're expecting that he'll show up drunk.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
11-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I think if McKid were really smart and read the "tea leaves" a little more accurately he would see that not playing DJ at all tomorrow would be in his own interest.

The game tomorrow is more important to Josh's survival than the Broncos survival. Everyone(Ownership,Media and Fans) knows that the Broncs are almost next to mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs. But what "everyone" will not accept is another "embarassing asskicking" and especially at home. I really feel that McKid is on very thin ice and very close to a "Hawkins Hanging"(Dan Hawkins who was recently fired as Colo Buffs coach)than we know.

If McKid plays Williams and the Chiefs demolish the donks then this loss is all on McKid which everyone IMO will start calling for Josh's head.

However, if McKid doesn't play Williams there are no expectations from "anyone" because it should have been a "demolishing" anyway since their O and D lines are already beat up with no running game and now with this dumbass incident by Williams why should anyone expect anything positive from the donks.

The odds are high that a "demolition" will occur tomorrow at the hands of the Chiefs and if I am in Josh's shoes I sit Williams to prolong keeping my job. Josh wins either way if he sits Williams. A demolishing is far less damaging because there are no expectations and if it is a close game this only helps Josh keeping his job. If Williams plays then Josh takes a big chance IMO of being fired.

It would have been in the best interest of the Donks at this point had the Chiefs beat the Raiders last week then maybe the Chiefs come into Denver somewhat flat especially learning of the Williams incident. But now since the Chiefs lost and 'must' win this game not only to stay on top but more importantly get over the psychological hurdle of not winning on the road; the Chiefs will now come in here with a more intensity than ever smelling blood in the water and this game will more likely be a 'demolishing'.

Pawnmower
11-14-2010, 12:38 AM

actually, for a game where the Vegas line is only one point...this seems to point to a Chiefs W

Micjones
11-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Eh...don't you think the two events are related at all?

Obviously they are there slick, but the other thread was started days ago before anyone knew if he'd "start" tomorrow. It's been confirmed.

Micjones
11-14-2010, 01:24 AM
And in that thread there was the update that he will sit out a quarter and then will play.

You'll excuse me that I never bothered to search within a thread for an update.
I looked for a thread and didn't see one...

Glad you're keeping the streets of CP safe though officer.

mikey23545
11-14-2010, 01:43 AM
You'll excuse me that I never bothered to search within a thread for an update.
I looked for a thread and didn't see one...

Glad you're keeping the streets of CP safe though officer.

What a wonderful world it would be if people like this spent their spare time volunteering to help old folks or the poor instead of perusing the archives of Chiefs Planet hoping to be the first to shout "Repost" in their rousing games of Repost Gotcha...

chiefqueen
11-14-2010, 05:40 AM
WHOPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He misses 1 play.

tmax63
11-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Williams WAS a team captain for the donks as well but not any more. At least the Chiefs won't have to smell his breath at the coin toss.