PDA

View Full Version : Football Challenges

ElGringo
11-14-2010, 04:16 PM
It just amazes me that when the Chiefs challenge a play, the replay system doesn't work....I have yet to see the result of this one, but the Broncos should not be allowed to challenge.

ClevelandBronco
11-14-2010, 04:37 PM
It's a league thing, from what I've read. They hate you.

BigRichard
11-14-2010, 04:40 PM
People need to quit bitchin about that. It actually helped us. We would have lost that challenge.

Buck
11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
People need to quit bitchin about that. It actually helped us. We would have lost that challenge.

That's not the point.

If the challenge has the possibility of hurting Denver it doesn't work

If the challenge has teh possibility of helping Denver, it does work.

Same thing happened with Denver vs. SD (in Denver) in 2008.

From the start Sunday, the Chargers were fighting back because of an unusual officiating circumstance.

In the first quarter, Rivers appeared to complete a pass to Chris Chambers at the Chargers' 29-yard line. But the officials on the field ruled Champ Bailey intercepted the ball.

Television replays appeared to show Chambers had possession of the ball with his elbow touching the ground before Bailey stripped it away.

Thing was, despite Turner challenging the call, it was never reviewed.

The replay feed was able to be seen in the booth upstairs but not on the on-field monitor. It will not help to quell conspiracy theories that the feed between the replay booth and the field is controlled by a local person hired by the NFL.

It's safe to say the Chargers will want an explanation from the league on both plays – and perhaps a few others Turner was smoking hot over. No team officials wanted to be quoted, but they were clearly displeased.

This has happened twice in Denver now, and I don't think its ever happened anywhere before.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2008/sep/14/chargers-broncos-week-2/?chargers

ElGringo
11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Helped or hurt, it brings up too much consideration for sabotage (can't think of the right word). If it were my team, when the other team challenges, the challenge system doesn't work. I guess I think of too many negative uses of the system, but this is just one example.

ClevelandBronco
11-14-2010, 04:46 PM
That's not the point.

If the challenge has the possibility of hurting Denver it doesn't work

If the challenge has teh possibility of helping Denver, it does work.

Same thing happened with Denver vs. SD (in Denver) in 2008.

This has happened twice in Denver now, and I don't think its ever happened anywhere before.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2008/sep/14/chargers-broncos-week-2/?chargers

Yeah. The league hates you, too. That's why they manipulated all those playoff losses.

Buck
11-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah. The league hates you, too. That's why they manipulated all those playoff losses.

You're just delusional.

Enjoy today because next week it all comes crashing down.

Edit: and if you are not admitting that SD didn't get SUPER SCREWED in that game, you are and idiot.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 04:50 PM
I bet most people on this board have no clue to how replay works. You would be very surprised how it works and how one or two people can affect it.

JohninGpt
11-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Once to replay doesn't work, it should be shut down for the rest of the game.

Buck
11-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I bet most people on this board have no clue to how replay works. You would be very surprised how it works and how one or two people can affect it.

If the replay system doesn't work for 5 minutes they give up. Someone can just accidentally turn off the computer before the refs get to it and then you don't get to challenge.

Jenson71
11-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Shit happens. Get over it.

ClevelandBronco
11-14-2010, 04:54 PM
You're just delusional.

Enjoy today because next week it all comes crashing down.

Edit: and if you are not admitting that SD didn't get SUPER SCREWED in that game, you are and idiot.

There's nothing to crash.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
If the replay system doesn't work for 5 minutes they give up. Someone can just accidentally turn off the computer before the refs get to it and then you don't get to challenge.

Replay is controlled by the TV truck and there is a built in back up system so "someone" can't just turn off the computer. Learn your facts.

DJJasonp
11-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Not that replay beat us today-by any means....but I do agree, if it doesnt work once, that should be it....cant help (or hurt) either team the rest of the game.

ClevelandBronco
11-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Not that replay beat us today-by any means....but I do agree, if it doesnt work once, that should be it....cant help (or hurt) either team the rest of the game.

And if the clock malfunctions, the game should not be allowed to end.

notorious
11-14-2010, 05:11 PM
And if the clock malfunctions, the game should not be allowed to end.

Today's game seemed like it would never end.....:facepalm:

Buck
11-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Replay is controlled by the TV truck and there is a built in back up system so "someone" can't just turn off the computer. Learn your facts.

So you are telling me that there is no power plug anywhere inside the stadium that can't be pulled? A fuse box somewhere?

Not saying thats definitely what happened, but its not like the TV truck is in total control.

And by the way, how do you know the rules of how it works? I'd like to read up on that.

JohninGpt
11-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Apples and oranges. When the clock malfunctions the time is either added or subtracted to correct it.
I wish they would subtract the rest of this game.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 05:22 PM
So you are telling me that there is no power plug anywhere inside the stadium that can't be pulled? A fuse box somewhere?

Not saying thats definitely what happened, but its not like the TV truck is in total control.

And by the way, how do you know the rules of how it works? I'd like to read up on that.

Yes the TV truck is in total control. The replay booth gets 4 feeds from the trucks to DVR's, but if there are other angles of the play the truck can let the booth know, or not know. Remember there are usually at least 10 cameras at each game. That means the replay booth only has 40% of the feeds at best unless the TV truck calls up to the booth. So replay can be manipulated by the TV replay guy and the TV producer.

I know because I have worked NFL replay set ups. I don't know about you, but I have had to reset electronics that just fart for no reason...including my DVR.

Rain Man
11-14-2010, 06:12 PM
bronco cheaters. they showed the replay on the dunbotron.
Posted via Mobile Device

redngold85
11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I realize that the outcome of the game wasn't directly affected by the BS'ness of the replay booth fiasco, but it was just that...a load of BS

the system is in place to review questionable calls and if it's "not available" to one team at any given time, it shouldn't be available to the other

grandllama
11-14-2010, 06:28 PM

Yes we would have lost, but its the principle behind the deal.

We have heard every excuse in the book this year for poor officiating, and now we get 'sorry the replay is broked?'

Seriously, what kind of credibility can the officiating in the NFL expect with crap excuses like that?

And touching on what everybody else has said... I can remember when sideline headphones were first introduced, if one side broke, the other side had to turn theirs off.

When the QB helmet mic was introduced... if one side broke, the other side had to turn theirs off.

So why in the hell when the 'replay is broke' does one team still get to use it?

Guru
11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Whats the problem? It saved us a time out we didn't even use.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 07:44 PM
bronco cheaters. they showed the replay on the dunbotron.
Posted via Mobile Device
Video Boards have their own camera's...NFL replay can only use network camera feeds. Learn the rules.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Video Boards have their own camera's...NFL replay can only use network camera feeds. Learn the rules.
Why is it that you can't pass this information on without being a complete fucking prick about it?

DaFace
11-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Why is it that you can't pass this information on without being a complete fucking prick about it?

My guess: small penis.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Why is it that you can't pass this information on without being a complete ****ing prick about it?
Wasn't trying to be a prick. However I do get upset when people talk or comment about things and don't know the facts.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 08:09 PM
My guess: small penis.

Not what your Mom said. LMAO

FAX
11-14-2010, 08:10 PM
ROFL

It's pretty crazy that this seems to be the only place where this occurs and it only adversely affects goat opponents.

In retrospect, I'm surprised the refs didn't taze Haley for even asking for a challenge.

FAX

DaFace
11-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Wasn't trying to be a prick. However I do get upset when people talk or comment about things and don't know the facts.

Wait...you realize that this is ChiefsPlanet right?

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Wait...you realize that this is ChiefsPlanet right?

I know I own season tickets and go to one or two out of town games every year. But facts are facts. If you don't face that you are no better than a Raiders or Broncos fan.

Buck
11-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I know I own season tickets and go to one or two out of town games every year. But facts are facts. If you don't face that you are no better than a Raiders or Broncos fan.

The fact that the Broncos have a history of cheating and playing dirty (Chop Blocks) and that this has only happened in Denver doesn't help the look of things. And you don't know the specifics of who the people are who are actually running it, so despite "Working as a Replay Person" or whatever you claimed to do, people are still going to believe something is going on.

Mile High Mania
11-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Really? So, it's a conspiracy theory about the wiring and switch controls at Mile High... Interesting.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 08:29 PM
The fact that the Broncos have a history of cheating and playing dirty (Chop Blocks) and that this has only happened in Denver doesn't help the look of things. And you don't know the specifics of who the people are who are actually running it, so despite "Working as a Replay Person" or whatever you claimed to do, people are still going to believe something is going on.
Every week different people do run the system, and yes there is room for bias. That was part of my point, and it has happened other places besides Denver. Remember the Chiefs/Bengals game in Cincy? The network didn't have the the replay ready until after the extra point. The replay showed it may have not been a Bengals TD.

Buck
11-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Every week different people do run the system, and yes there is room for bias. That was part of my point, and it has happened other places besides Denver. Remember the Chiefs/Bengals game in Cincy? The network didn't have the the replay ready until after the extra point. The replay showed it may have not been a Bengals TD.

No, I don't remember that game. I am not a Chiefs fan, I don't watch all their games. If this has happened in another stadium, this is the first I am hearing about it.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh, apparently it comes naturally for you then.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 08:48 PM
No, I don't remember that game. I am not a Chiefs fan, I don't watch all their games. If this has happened in another stadium, this is the first I am hearing about it.

This is why I am pointing out that people need to understand the rules and operations of the NFL replay system.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Oh, apparently it comes naturally for you then.
Of course it does...but I know the rules and the facts.

DaFace
11-14-2010, 08:52 PM
I do think it would be more fair (and less susceptible to foul play) if replays were disallowed as soon as one replay isn't reviewable. If it doesn't work once, it shouldn't be allowed to work later.

But just to clarify (and reiterate what others have said), the specific play today probably helped us more than it harmed.

Mojo Jojo
11-14-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't think any Chiefs are on the Competition Committee. That where these changes would come from. Marty was always a force on the C.C. and the Chiefs do miss that. Anything that goes against the Titans and Jeff Fisher makes sure it is up for review in the off season. The same is to be said of Don Shula back in the day.

WebGem
11-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Who cares about that? It saved us a time out. But the fact it's happened in Denver twice and never anywhere else should be looked at. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver. Fuck Denver.

thurman merman
11-14-2010, 09:21 PM
How does that happen? This is the NFL.