PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Season Ending Disaster Or Wake-Up Call?

FAX
11-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I can't quite make up my mind.

This kind of complete implosion was unexpected.

FAX

58kcfan89
11-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Hopefully it's a wake-up call, but Christ this team looks awful today. That easy schedule is gunna get a lot harder if these guys don't get the lead out.

If it's a season-ending disaster with 7 games left and this schedule, the coaching needs to be seriously questioned & a bunch of players need to be released because the mental toughness isn't there.

God, I hope this is the kick in the ass the team needs. I hoped that was last week's loss, but whatever...

jlscorpio
11-14-2010, 06:16 PM
more like big glass of realitea. We're not a playoff team. Pre-season, I expected us to be 7-9/8-8. We just started off a lot better than I expected. On the bright side, Ryan Mallett will no longer have to "slip" to us. We'll be right there @ 10-12 to grab him and end this abortion of a QB experiment.

Bane
11-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Definitely a tall glass of S T F U for the 10-6 we're playoff bound dumb shits.

Johnny Vegas
11-14-2010, 06:17 PM
its a testament of will and heart. who will still play and who will give up.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-14-2010, 06:18 PM
it's over. We're just not there yet. almost though.

notorious
11-14-2010, 06:18 PM
We came off an OT game on the road to a division rival only to play another division rival on the road when they are coming off a bye.

This game was set up for us to get our asses kicked, and that is exactly what happened.

Fritz88
11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Hopefully it's a wake-up call, but Christ this team looks awful today. That easy schedule is gunna get a lot harder if these guys don't get the lead out.

No. This is how I expected us against a team that passes well.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Tune in next week
please

BigMeatballDave
11-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Neither. None of us expected playoffs this season.

They're a young team that play like ass on the road.

KCSupersized
11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I hope they wake the FUCK up!

Hydrae
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
A wake up call for the fans. We are a young team still learning how to play the game at this level.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
A wake up call for the fans. We are a young team still learning how to play the game at this level.

Yep. Spot on.

cdcox
11-14-2010, 06:23 PM
There is plenty of time to make some noise this season. It will be interesting to see how the team responds. The team is still missing quite a few pieces as far as being a true SB contender, but I'd like to see them return to the form they showed earlier in the season and finish with 9 or 10 wins.

RickObie
11-14-2010, 06:23 PM
It's a bit of both, we can stop thinking AFC West champs and focus on winning the home games that we are supposed to win, starting next week against a dreadful Arizona team.

We should still win 8 or 9 games!

Bearcat
11-14-2010, 06:25 PM

I thought that's what last week's game was about? :harumph:

Every team has this kind of game, but I didn't expect it to be today.... I knew it wasn't a gimme like some thought it was, because at least Denver can pass... but damn, I thought they would bounce back from last week.

And I just bought a ticket to next week's game... hooray for smart financial decisions. :(

DaWolf
11-14-2010, 06:27 PM
We'll see. Obviously it wasn't season ending for the Donx after the Raider and 49er games. We'll likely bounce back but I think our weaknesses have definitely been exposed. If this team is not spot on during gameday, they will get exposed. I shudder to think what Rivers will do to us in San Diego.

Regardless, looks like this is what the NFL is these days. Even the Pats got blown out last week in Cleveland. Most teams that aren't elite will have games like this. It sucks that it was against the Donx, but we'll see what these guys are made of next week...

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2010, 06:29 PM
The Chiefs were embarrassed today for reasons that many people put forth before the season began: Lack of upgrades at the NT, WR, OLB and of course, the QB position.

Ron Edwards is looking tired. Shaun Smith was ineffective. There is no pass rush outside of Hali and when he's not a factor, the defense is embarrassingly bad. The Chiefs still don't have a receiver to keep defenses honest and Matt Cassel is well, Matt Cassel.

This team can still win four more games this season, making it a huge improvement over last season, but they need better personnel to take the next leap.

FAX
11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
The Chiefs were embarrassed today for reasons that many people put forth before the season began: Lack of upgrades at the NT, WR, OLB and of course, the QB position.

Ron Edwards is looking tired. Shaun Smith was ineffective. There is no pass rush outside of Hali and when he's not a factor, the defense is embarrassingly bad. The Chiefs still don't have a receiver to keep defenses honest and Matt Cassel is well, Matt Cassel.

This team can still win four more games this season, making it a huge improvement over last season, but they need better personnel to take the next leap.

Totally agree. We need some more, better players.

We shouldn't have had our ass handed to us today, though. Not by this goats team.

I worry that this was the stake in the heart. I hope this will be the slap in the face that Curtis needs to shape his ass up and come out ready to play.

FAX

Baconeater
11-14-2010, 06:49 PM
The Bills game was the wake up call, unfortunately the Chiefs slept right through it.

chiefzilla1501
11-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I think it's a wake up call for both the Chiefs and the fans. First game the Chiefs lost where they were completely out of the game. Hard to believe, isn't it? The Chiefs can still compete with anybody.

But what we're seeing is that this Chiefs team is more like the 7-9 team we predicted but with a very cushy schedule. So... "they are who we thought they were."

JohnnyV13
11-14-2010, 06:54 PM
I think its a season ending disaster, but we'll see.

Last week's brutal loss to Oakland should have made them fired up and ready to fight.

Instead, the Chiefs played like a 98 pound prison bitch. Its pretty hard to win back your self respect, after you've painted your lips red and sighed with pleasure as the entire prison gang raped you.

FAX
11-14-2010, 06:55 PM
I think its a season ending disaster, but we'll see.

Last week's brutal loss to Oakland should have made them fired up and ready to fight.

Instead, the Chiefs played like a 98 pound prison bitch.

Exactly my fear and concern.

Still, it's also kind of a gut-check when you get your ass handed to you like that. It took the goats a couple of games to correct themselves. Can we? I trust and believe ... still.

FAX

kaplin42
11-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Definitely a tall glass of S T F U for the 10-6 we're playoff bound dumb shits.

Who ever thought this was missing the season. The Chiefs are better, but when you struggle to win games against our panzy schedule, you have to take the wins with a grain of salt.

redngold85
11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
We came off an OT game on the road to a division rival only to play another division rival on the road when they are coming off a bye.

This game was set up for us to get our asses kicked, and that is exactly what happened.

yup

Marcellus
11-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Next week will tell us something. This week told us we have a ways to go.

The question is whether or not we have the talent and coaching to overcome the first asswhoping of the year.

I think we do.

Win the home games and steal a few on the road. All you have to do.

Lonewolf Ed
11-14-2010, 06:59 PM

Looking back at the Buffalo game, this team has been in a steep decline starting with that game. Buffalo should have had no chance to get that game 5 seconds from a tie at the end of OT. It's been downhill ever since.

mlyonsd
11-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Next week will tell us something. This week told us we have a ways to go.

The question is whether or not we have the talent and coaching to overcome the first asswhoping of the year.

I think we do.

Win the home games and steal a few on the road. All you have to do.This.

chiefqueen
11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
My thinking 2 weeks agp was that KC needed to sweep Oak. & Den. and then hang on for dear life fending off SD for the Division title. That did not happen. I expect SD to have a relatively easy time winning the division title now. Who knows, should they upset Indy in a couple weeks they may be able to shift their focus more toward stealing the 2nd playoff bye.

chiefzilla1501
11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Looking back at the Buffalo game, this team has been in a steep decline starting with that game. Buffalo should have had no chance to get that game 5 seconds from a tie at the end of OT. It's been downhill ever since.

Disagree. The Chiefs outplayed the Raiders but shot themselves in the foot. That's just my opinion--there is no excuse for them to have lost that game. That loss upsets me a hell of a lot more than today's did.

Chiefshrink
11-14-2010, 07:13 PM

Precisely! And this game is totally on HALEY, PERIOD!!! He should have recognized these psychological dimensions coming into this game but he let this team come out flatter than a 2$ whore. Instead he should have been riding his Chiefs in this week's previous practice like he was on a 2$ whore. But it appears he anticipated that Josh lost his lockerroom and thought the Broncos would lay down and especially after the DUI announcement of Williams. You can tell that when "everyone" plays bad they are just taking their que of the coach's lead.

Totally on Haley!!! I'm highly disappointed and quite shocked he would allow for his Chiefs to come out this poorly.

grandllama
11-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Precisely! And this game is totally on HALEY, PERIOD!!! He should have recognized these psychological dimensions coming into this game but he let this team come out flatter than a 2$ whore. Instead he should have been riding his Chiefs in this week's previous practice like he was on 2$ whore. But it appears he anticipated that Josh lost his lockerroom and thought the Broncos would lay down and especially after the DUI announcement of Williams. You can tell that when "everyone" plays bad they are just taking their que of the coach's lead.

Totally on Haley!!! I'm highly disappointed and quite shocked he would allow for his Chiefs to come out this poorly.

Fuck this being on Haley. This is 100% on Romeo. I don't know what the fuck he did all week, whether he was blowing Jerry Jones hoping to get another head coaching job or what, but he did not create ANYTHING RESEMBLING A DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN.

I like Romeo. I think he is one of the top DC's in the league. BUT YOU CANNOT FUCK OFF EVEN ONE GOD DAMN WEEK IN THIS LEAGUE.

Bring your "A" game or get the fuck out.

FAX
11-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Actually, we came out ... not flat, exactly ... but kinda nervous and jumpy against the fade.

When the light turned green, we were asleep at the wheel on this deal.

It's a long season for rookies, but Haley does deserve some attention for both those games. We're not coming out ready to kick ass, for some reason. He needs to fix that.

FAX

Chiefshrink
11-14-2010, 07:25 PM
**** this being on Haley. This is 100% on Romeo. I don't know what the **** he did all week, whether he was blowing Jerry Jones hoping to get another head coaching job or what, but he did not create ANYTHING RESEMBLING A DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN.

I like Romeo. I think he is one of the top DC's in the league. BUT YOU CANNOT **** OFF EVEN ONE GOD DAMN WEEK IN THIS LEAGUE.

Bring your "A" game or get the **** out.

The Broncos have not been able to run until today. They have been beat up all year and that is why. Today they got back their starting O-line-up and it showed not to mention being badly embarassed these past 2 weeks and being embarassed last yr at home by the Chiefs. They are coming off a bye week as well. This was the Broncos do or die game and revenge for last yr's drubbing and Haley should have recognized all these factors and drilled it into the players and not let his coordinators slumber as well. The Broncos O-line when healthy can run and give Orton plenty of time to throw and it showed.

This one is still on Haley IMO as you say for not bringing their A game.:thumb:

Bewbies
11-14-2010, 07:28 PM
If it means we'll draft a QB and dumb Assel I'm all for implosion. However, I never expect to win in Denver, so I see no reason to think we're doomed.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Fuck this being on Haley. This is 100% on Romeo. I don't know what the fuck he did all week, whether he was blowing Jerry Jones hoping to get another head coaching job or what, but he did not create ANYTHING RESEMBLING A DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN.

I like Romeo. I think he is one of the top DC's in the league. BUT YOU CANNOT FUCK OFF EVEN ONE GOD DAMN WEEK IN THIS LEAGUE.

Bring your "A" game or get the fuck out.

JFC, do you know ANYTHING about football?

The Chiefs played their 3rd string safety, who after sucking ass, was quickly replaced by a practice squad player.

The Chiefs have three 3-4 defensive ends in Shaun Smith, Tyson Jackson & Dorsey. Those three guys played a shitload of snaps (Dorsey more than Jackson & Smith). They were worn out. Ron Edwards is over 30 and losing steam as the year moves forward. Smith was ineffective when he replaced Edwards. Toribio wasn't even active.

Studebaker was in for Vrabel today because as "smart" as Vrabel may be, he's old and slow.

The lack of depth on this roster is rearing its ugly head and that will only get worse as the season progresses. The Chiefs are in desperate need of OLB's that can rush the passer, a real 3-4 NT and clearly, depth at safety.

The personnel lost this game, not Crennel.

Dumbass.

Chiefshrink
11-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Actually, we came out ... not flat, exactly ... but kinda nervous and jumpy against the fade.

When the light turned green, we were asleep at the wheel on this deal.

It's a long season for rookies, but Haley does deserve some attention for both those games. We're not coming out ready to kick ass, for some reason. He needs to fix that.

FAX

With all due respect FAX we were flat. So flat that even when we carried just "a little momentum" going into halftime that when we got the ball first in the 2nd half we couldn't even muster a first down with the 1st possession of the 2nd half to keep our momentum going in hopes for at least a decent chance for a comeback. There should have been a serious intensity of will to score a TD to at least make it a 35-17 score to provide for a hopeful comeback. Nah, 3 and out!!:rolleyes:

grandllama
11-14-2010, 07:42 PM

...snip...

Dumbass.

Dane I don't give a bloody fuck if we played our high school reserves, there is no reason in hell Denver should have hung that many points on us in the first half. Romeo did not come in with a plan.

Romeo knows what we have to work with. Romeo knows how to game plan.

Romeo is the one that gets paid the big bucks to deal with the shit backups and scrubs that Pioli has given him.

I could handle a loss. I cannot handle not having anything NEAR a cohesive game plan. Romeo made Greg Robinson look like a genious today.

Count Alex's Wins
11-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Last week was our wake up call.

Today we were exposed as frauds.

We may finish 7-9.

FAX
11-14-2010, 07:46 PM
With all due respect FAX we were flat. So flat that even when we carried just "a little momentum" going into halftime that when we got the ball first in the 2nd half we couldn't even muster a first down with the 1st possession of the 2nd half to keep our momentum going in hopes for at least a decent chance for a comeback. There should have been a serious intensity of will to score a TD to at least make it a 35-17 score to provide for a hopeful comeback. Nah, 3 and out!!:rolleyes:

I think you misread my post, Mr. sportsshrink.

I said we were more like nervous and jumpy against the fade ... not exactly flat.

In this game, though, we were definitely not ready to play football at the starting gun. Flat.

I should have been more precise in my wording, I suppose. I just figured that, as a shrink, you would be able to see through the specific words to the inherent meaning behind the verbiage.

FAX

Extra Point
11-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Last week's game was a wake up call. This week, we punched the SNOOZE button.

Micjones
11-14-2010, 07:47 PM
This is why winning games at Houston and Oakland is important because days like today happen in the NFL. Denver had everything to play for, this team was gassed from two straight trips to overtime and simply wasn't ready to play at 3pm today.

Now things become infinitely more difficult and you have to win 5 of 7 (all 4 at home and 1 on the road) to even have a shot to win the division. A wildcard is out of the question having lost EVERY game to AFC teams. We wouldn't hold a tiebreaker over anybody.

I hope like hell this team can summon some guts for the last 7 and at LEAST finish strong.

dirk digler
11-14-2010, 07:48 PM

I tend to agree. Denver's bye came at the perfect time.

Marcellus
11-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Dane I don't give a bloody **** if we played our high school reserves, there is no reason in hell Denver should have hung that many points on us in the first half. Romeo did not come in with a plan.

Romeo knows what we have to work with. Romeo knows how to game plan.

Romeo is the one that gets paid the big bucks to deal with the shit backups and scrubs that Pioli has given him.

I could handle a loss. I cannot handle not having anything NEAR a cohesive game plan. Romeo made Greg Robinson look like a genious today.

I think it was a perfect storm. 2nd road division game against a team coming off a bye week.

Their strength is passing and we had 2 of our better safeties out.

We got outplayed, plain and simple.

Cowboys whooped the Giants today, Buffalo won, Cleveland almost beat the Jets today with a rookie QB, and whooped NE last week.

If we lay an egg next week at home against Arizona, then we officially suck.

Chiefshrink
11-14-2010, 07:51 PM

The Chiefs played their 3rd string safety, who after sucking ass, was quickly replaced by a practice squad player.

The Chiefs have three 3-4 defensive ends in Shaun Smith, Tyson Jackson & Dorsey. Those three guys played a shitload of snaps (Dorsey more than Jackson & Smith). They were worn out. Ron Edwards is over 30 and losing steam as the year moves forward. Smith was ineffective when he replaced Edwards. Toribio wasn't even active.

Studebaker was in for Vrabel today because as "smart" as Vrabel may be, he's old and slow.

The lack of depth on this roster is rearing its ugly head and that will only get worse as the season progresses. The Chiefs are in desperate need of OLB's that can rush the passer, a real 3-4 NT and clearly, depth at safety.

The personnel lost this game, not Crennel.

Dumbass.

Apparently Haley didn't acknowledge your legit points here and thought McDaniels lost his team already expecting the Broncos to be an easy win.

As a HC Haley should have known these factors going in that he could not afford to have his D on the field any longer than need be so he should have been riding his offense like a 2$ whore all week prior to this game so that we could score TD's and chew up the clock. But no, 3 and out as usual allowing our beat-up lack of depth D to spend ions of tme on the field.

dirk digler
11-14-2010, 07:52 PM
We should win next week at home against Arizona and then head for a very very winnable game against the Seahawks. Win those 2 we will be 6-4 heading into a rematch with the Donkeys to extract some revenge for today.

donkhater
11-14-2010, 07:53 PM

2 OT games.

I don't mean to underscore what happened, but in the NFL this year, little things like that will bite you. Look at all the wacky things that have happened this year. They need to bounce back at home, get their heads on straight and man up for the last seven games.

Buehler445
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Disaster. We should have had wake up calls each of the prior 3 games.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2010, 08:00 PM
We should win next week at home against Arizona and then head for a very very winnable game against the Seahawks. Win those 2 we will be 6-4 heading into a rematch with the Donkeys to extract some revenge for today.

I don't think we've been watching the same team the past four weeks.

The Chiefs beat a Jacksonville team with a QB signed off the tractor and the game was extremely close at half time. It took them 74 minutes and 55 seconds to beat an 0-6 team. They were beat by the Raiders and manhandled by Denver.

2-4 in their last six games.

Assuming any wins, especially road wins, is ridiculous.

FAX
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Disaster. We should have had wake up calls each of the prior 3 games.
Posted via Mobile Device

See ... that's what worries me ... right there, Mr. Buehler445. Well put. We should have learned something in the Bills game. Then, we should have learned something from the fade game. Now, this.

We have to figure out how to take the field in the first quarter, kick some ass, take the fight out of the enemy, and slam the door on their hopes and penises.

I fear that this season will be too long for the rookies to sustain. And ... even worse ... I fear that Haley hasn't figured out how to prepare his team properly to go for the throat from the first whistle.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2010, 08:06 PM
I fear that Haley hasn't figured out how to prepare his team properly to go for the throat from the first whistle.

FAX

Personally, I don't have any problem with Haley, Weis or Crennel.

The main reason the Chiefs have been beat and in close games is due to personnel.

kcpasco
11-14-2010, 08:10 PM

I don't see that game in Seattle as very very winnable

FAX
11-14-2010, 08:13 PM

The main reason the Chiefs have been beat and in close games is due to personnel.

Although true, there's room for discussion there.

I mean, you have to find ways to win with the players you have. And we've proven we can win. And, we've proven that we can play good teams close on the road. Two of our losses have come down to only a couple of plays that we occasionally make ... so we know it's possible.

Coming out flat, or nervous, or whatever is another issue altogether.

Clearly, better players generally improve your team, but better coaching can get more out of less. I think we'd be a little myopic if we only focused on "better players" without also considering "better coaching".

FAX

tk13
11-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Jones only had 4 carries today. That's what's killing us. The two times we've given Charles significantly more carries and Jones has finished with less than 10 carries are the two biggest losses this year. Jones clearly needs more carries.

:D

DeezNutz
11-14-2010, 08:17 PM
We have good coaches, but perhaps this is also their downfall, as they thought they could survive (talking about the season as a whole now) without a NT or solid LB play. Romeo might be good, but he cannot overcome these deficiencies, no matter how much swagger he might possess.

dirk digler
11-14-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't think we've been watching the same team the past four weeks.

The Chiefs beat a Jacksonville team with a QB signed off the tractor and the game was extremely close at half time. It took them 74 minutes and 55 seconds to beat an 0-6 team. They were beat by the Raiders and manhandled by Denver.

2-4 in their last six games.

Assuming any wins, especially road wins, is ridiculous.

I am counting on the Chiefs to win against the Cardinals who have no QB and no running game. The game against the Seahawks is a winnable game but I am not assuming anything.

kcpasco
11-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I am counting on the Chiefs to win against the Cardinals who have no QB and no running game. The game against the Seahawks is a winnable game but I am not assuming anything.

Right now all I can say is I'm glad this game is in Arrowhead, because if this game was in Arizona I'd bet on the Cardinals.

DeezNutz
11-14-2010, 08:27 PM

And the Broncos, allegedly, couldn't run the ball.

Overall, I agree with what you're saying, but I'm just sayin...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-14-2010, 08:29 PM
The Bills game was the wake up call, unfortunately the Chiefs slept right through it.

This.

Count Alex's Wins
11-14-2010, 08:29 PM
So we're definitely frauds.

The question is, how deep does our fraud go?

Are we just a mediocre team, or a bad one?

Are we gonna go 7-9?

Bewbies
11-14-2010, 08:33 PM

Very true.

dirk digler
11-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Right now all I can say is I'm glad this game is in Arrowhead, because if this game was in Arizona I'd bet on the Cardinals.

Why? The Seahags beat them by 20 in Arizona

And the Broncos, allegedly, couldn't run the ball.

Overall, I agree with what you're saying, but I'm just sayin...

True. This game though comes at the right time. If we do lose this game the season will be over.

FAX
11-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Very true.

It is, of course, very admirable to seek common ground upon which one can build a relationship with one's fellow Planeteers.

However, agreeing with Mr. DaneMcCloud is no guarantee that he will not, at some later time, accuse you of having sex with the sister of a cow, Mr. Bewbies.

Just a warning.

FAX

Thig Lyfe
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Good to have the pressure of an undefeated season off their backs.

tightendchiefs
11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
more like big glass of realitea. We're not a playoff team. Pre-season, I expected us to be 7-9/8-8. We just started off a lot better than I expected. On the bright side, Ryan Mallett will no longer have to "slip" to us. We'll be right there @ 10-12 to grab him and end this abortion of a QB experiment.

:stupid:ROFLo:-)STFU:)

Hopefully they will play better and WIN next time...